All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mermaid clans
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:28 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

For centuries the sun and moon clan have been in a hostile agreement. "You stay on your side and do your job, we will stay on our side and do our job". Mermaids have been calling for peace and war for ages and waited for a reply. Now a new generations of rulers have taken over it's time for the question to be answer. Peace or war?

SUN CLAN:
These mermaids are in charge of keeping the ocean and all its natives in order. they control the wave, keep dark magic at bay, and will aid in the migration of sea creatures. They use magic for combat and daily task. You guys don't really have taboos for most things in life.Unlike the moon clan who swim around depressed all day you actually have fun.

magic: Every merperson's magic is completely unique to them, of course you get your magic from the ocean so don't go picking fights on dry land!

[i]royalty:[/i] You’re magic is much stronger than the others. You guys are also the ones who make sure that the magic stays pure,and that the moon clan does their job.

Guard:Moon clan is a rare sight to sea on your territory,but you still need to keep your guard up. Most of you have joined not to fight,but to explore. You are the ones they send out with migrating animals, you have the tough decision when deciding when you should intervene and when you shouldn’t. (ex. do I let this baby sea turtle get eaten or naw?)

Winterguard: Same job as other guards but will travel with the whales who migrate to the arctic ocean. Because the arctic regions are not maintained regularly going there can be very dangerous. For example if dark magic has taken over you might be attacked by the very animals that you help,or have your own magic tainted. You are to return it back to order and have the heart breaking task of killing any newborn animals that were born into the that region,because they will remain tainted and spread it to other regions.

the rest of ya: the sun clan life is simple. you have no boundaries and are encouraged to follow your hearts,mingle and fall in love a lot, just have fun. of course keep in mind you still have responsibilities, the ocean won’t take care of itself.

sun clan lives in deeper parts of the ocean and in open seas with not that much going on. It's to hide your magical kingdoms and yourselves.

MOON CLAN:
These mermaids are in charge of the outsiders and how they interact with the insiders. You might be tasked to follow fisherman ships,leading them to overpopulated areas,away from endangered species. you don't have magic and instead rely on tools,weapons,and your physical abilities. scuba divers and scientists are a normal sight for you guys and hiding is never an issue for you can turn into sea creatures. Unfortunately you do have many taboos that rule everything Your lives aren't easy,not like the sun clan could understand anything about you all..those idiots.

royalty: You are the only ones who have magic, your kiss can turn a human into a mermaid, but this takes from your lifespan. You as well are in charge of making sure the sun clan does its job

Guard: Merfolks of your clan fear and respect you. You don't have to turn into anything to defend yourselves, and when you do turn you are a improved version of the beast. (i.e. shark with armor)

everyone else: You guys,unlike sunclan, have many rules and regulations to follow.you have to deal with humans often so it's a big thing to not be spotted. because you live in places that attract humans you of course aren't even allowed to stick your head out of the water.

moon clan lives near reefs and take their dwellings in caves and ruins or sunken ships.
name:

appearance:(pic or description, also moon clan your mermaid has to have resemble your creature.)

personality:(at least three sentences, but i love them to be lengthy.)

bio:(if you want it to be a secret then pm me.)

clan:

abilities:

powers: (sun clan-magic moon clan-your creature)

weapons:(if you have one, some like to rely on their creature form to fight)

dislikes: (at least three)

other:

sun clan:
king(open)
queen(open)
princess(open)
prince(open)
guards( open)
winter guard(open)
clan member(always open)
moon clan:
king(open)
queen(closed)
princess(open)
prince(open)
guard(open)
royal guard(open)
clan member(always open)

Something you should know:Moon clan's royalty are not related. They have sacred rituals unknown to the sun clan. The king and queen are not condemned to any romantic relationship with each. Also this is a new generation of rulers. The rulers of the two clans haven't even met yet. This in mind the prince and princess of the sun clan do not have to be son and daughter, they can be younger sibling or cousin simply being a placeholder or a back up. The king and queens are at equal level, but in both clan cultures then queens are very admired and even sacred to an extent. (in other words the clans don't have to have a king.but without a queen there is no clan)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Mermaid clans
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:26 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Hi kittybell!
Out of curiosity how many writers or characters would you want for this RP to get it moving? I'm interested in joining.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:56 pm 

As many A's I can keep track of,so pretty much Anyone who wants.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:57 pm 

1st Year (1)

Thanks! Just a question while working on the bio. If my character is going to be part of the Moon clan are they allowed to blend into their environment instead of turning into a fish?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:26 pm 

i have this rp going on in another site and only two people are fish. there are tons of animals. I'll have to say no because that would qualify as magic. Moon clan have some expert hiders tho so you don't always have to turn into your animal. THe moon clan can already blend into their environment (most of them) since they're not flashy and "beautiful" like the sun clan. long story short no they have to turn into animals (there's backstories about that) My character is a Octopus (she use to be a jelly fish till i changed it) she looks a lot like her animal,but you dont have to go to the extremes like I did.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:33 am 

1st Year (1)

Hmm, I think I'm good. Good luck.