All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:59 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Well... I'm fairly sure they could. If you want to be a drill instructor for the Dark Warriors, that'd be cool. Or, make a char of your own devising. If you need help finding a jump-in spot, let me know.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:03 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Would my character be a force user in that case? Originally I was going to say they weren't for fear of being too powerful XD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 pm 

Not necessarily. The Dark Warriors were often assigned to help military operations. So you could be a high ranking officer, or another, more powerful, dark warrior. That's up to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:40 pm 

Well, I'll try to get something up then, but it might be subject to revisions if you don't approve everything on the first go. Would that be acceptable?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:42 pm 

Quite acceptable. XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:55 pm 

I have a tendency to make these entirely too long. Would following the other writer's examples be for the best? ^_^;;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:33 pm 

Write as much as you feel fits the situation. I play in Omega through Alpha for a reason. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 pm 

Okay, thank you for that, I'm on it. I'll submit something, and then if I'm approved I'll write some more to it. Any species is allowed you said, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:37 pm 

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:34 pm 

Name: Sego Mehana

Age: 16 years old, which means that his montrals and lekku are comparatively short at the moment. That is a source of embarrassment for him at the moment, but they will grow longer eventually.

Race: Togruta

Appearance: Considering that he spends much of his time training or exploring, Sego generally projects himself as a toned and healthy young man. His prominently orange skin is clear, and there are several white markings strewn across his face that look as though they were either tattoos or paintings, yet they were actually markings that were natural to individuals of his species.

There were other similar markings across the skin on his body, but these were generally hidden by his choice in clothing during most tasks.

Like many other young togruta, he has what almost would appear to be a fleshy hat of montrals and small lekku that rests on top of his head and gently shifts around as he moves. It hasn't grown in at the point where it would be noticeable in the way that those of other togrutas have. Regardless, he spends a great deal of time tending to this projection on the top of his in the hopes that someday he'd have pleasant long tentacles and horns growing out of his head.

Personality: More than anything, Sego does his best to portray himself as a professional who is ready to take on the various tasks that a galaxy as dangerous as this one throws at him. Nevertheless, this portrayal isn't necessarily a complete picture of the man underneath.

Doubt and fear actually have some hold of him, considering that he has had to watch as some of his fellow classmates have gone down in the violence that now grips the galaxy. Rather than believe he has to completely rid himself of these emotions, however, he desperately feels that it would be best to cultivate bravery in order to act in spite of them at all times.

What makes this all the more interesting is the fact that he was largely ambivalent when it came to the Force, and as a result he wasn't entirely sure how these aspects would have fit into the dichotomy. On one hand he, like pretty much everyone else, wanted to overcome his fears in order to achieve his dreams. Nevertheless, since he trains as a Dark Warrior there are certainly those around him who seem much more like they were taken in by the dark side. These individuals often attempt to cultivate the fear inside of him, but this is ironically turning him away from such thinking in the end.

Ultimately he merely strives to be as professional as possible, leaving the philosophizing to others while he simply adapts to whatever works for him at the time. He's likely to take any idea from anywhere and use it if it's somehow to his advantage to do so.

History (Optional): While it might be rare to see a Togruta working on a galactic level these days, he left his planet and joined the corps of Dark Warriors in the hopes of building himself a better way of life. Naturally he also figured that in doing so, his people might be members of the new galactic order that had been promised as well. If more humans were to see Togrutas in leadership positions, then overtime they might treat them fully as equals and embrace them in turn. While this was an imperfect solution, he really did feel like he was living in quite an imperfect world to say the very least.

Actually, it was an entirely imperfect galaxy.

When he first got recruited things didn't exactly work out great for him, and there were certainly plenty of people around him who didn't particularly care for someone different amongst their ranks. Instead of trying to make some grand point or driving home his otherness, however, he just focused on being the best cadet that he could have been for the Dark Warriors corps. He felt that over some period of time this sort of behavior would have endeared him to the rest of those around him more than had he made a big scene about everything else. That would have likely shoved people further away from him.

Regardless the training was tough, even if he wasn't already hampered by his Togruta history. Proper military recruits had to be trained in a by the book fashion that the Dark Warriors didn't at all care about, which meant that he had all of the toughest things constantly being thrown at him. This melded him into the man that he was today, though strangely he figured that it had only made him stronger rather than cause him to become embittered over time as it might have done to some.

One thing served to make this training a bit easier, however, and that was the fact that he was a natural born predator. Togruta individuals might have seemed quite demure to most of the galaxy, but that was only part of the story. They didn't really have the personalities that many dreamed, but were rather natural born killers who had learned over a long period of time how to temper this. Calling on some of the old genes that were still floating within his blood, Sego became far more of a predator than he ever would have expected, yet he was still able to carefully temper this anger and mold it into something else.

Focusing and channeling of anger made him polite company even when he was dealing with aggressive feelings. It also made him that much more dangerous. One should never underestimate their opponent after all.

Exiled Jedi, Rebels, Imperial Troops, Civilians, or Dark Warriors(Sith)? While Sego is currently training to be a senior officer amongst the Dark Warriors, he is technically not a user of the Force per say, and therefore doesn't quite fit in comfortably with the whole Light Side versus Dark Side dichotomy. He merely aims to be the best officer that he potentially could be.

Last edited by Aeromancer on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:24 pm 

You are accepted. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 am 

Thank you very much; am I permitted to add some more to the character sheet, or should I just jump in and start posting?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:35 pm 

Add or join as you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:52 pm 

I'm going to add a little more to his background now that it's been approved before I make my in character debut, if that's alright with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:24 pm 

........ Just do it. Modify it. XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:26 pm 

Sorry, I've been with some particular players XD I hope it's okay now XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm 

You're good. XD Go ahead and post. Nice form. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm 

Thank you, I'm writing my post now!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm 

Medals: 2
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)

@Aeromancer, which planet did you start on?
I bet I know but I just wanted to be certain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:39 pm 

You know, honestly I wrote it vague in a purposeful way so that I could reply to others without any problems. What did you have in mind though? I'm interested now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next