All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:35 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

1. my post wont be there till next weekend, maybe friday if all is good. (week is busy)
2. please explain how you imagine the combat phase to be, so we have a rough understanding of where you want it to go.
two questions from me:
will there be (dice) rolls?
how will we decide if and when our characters die/are injured etc/ and how you intend to do the posts for the monster side.

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright I have actually updated the first post to reflect that information, but I'll explain it here anyway.

So when combat begins, we may only post once per round. There is no stated order, other than the monster's turn occupying the last turn of the round. This also means it signals the start of a new round. we can post in any order, but only one per round unless you are posting some dramatic action for your character, which includes doing something really brave/stupid, aiding others or any other thing you can think of.

There will be no dice rolls for combat.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 am 
Savior

Also for deaths and injuries, it is entirely up to you, unless you would want me to put down grave injury tables where you can roll for injuries, should you deem fit since I have no way of telling you when an injury is grave?

Oh also, to the rest, you can control the monster and have it attack your character in retaliation. I'm just the person controlling the monster's actions in its post, maybe for the entirely of the RP or we can pass around the monster controller status.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:44 am 
Subscriber

Medals: 5
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Name: Dust
Appearance: Standing roughly 6 feet (1.8 meters) Dust has an imposing presence. He is not very muscular but has a rather toned body. He has shaggy blonde hair, and olive colored skin.
| +

Personality: Usually considered arrogant or a prick, Dust cares for nothing more than the safety of the others. To ensure their safety he will do what he must even if it means seeming like he is being needlessly rude or mean. On the outside he seems cold and hard but on the inside he cares about others because he doesn't want to be alone.
Equipment: Waistcloth, Stone Shard, Clockwork Lantern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:42 am 
Savior

Approved!
IC here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:54 am 
Savior

Was waiting for Reth. I'll get the monster post up soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:33 pm 
Savior

Right, posted the first of the severe injury tables. Do not that these are not mandatory, only for RPers who want combat to be more lethal.
http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=48965&p=336660#p336660

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 am 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Medals: 1
Most Creative (1)

Name: Ulric Red
Appearance: 6” 2’ and 225lb leaves Eric an imposing sight to most. Besides his height and build Ulric is rather average with brown hair and blue eyes.
Attachment:
Ulric.png
Ulric.png [ 219.61 KiB | Viewed 11504 times ]

Personality: All bronze and no brains is surprisingly accurate when dealing with Ulric. Though his intelligence leaves much to be desired his strength and loyalty make an admirable attempt to make up for it. He respects bravery and a will to fight against all odds in others above all else.
Equipment: Waist cloth, Stone Shard, Worn Clockwork Lantern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:32 pm 
Savior

Approved, go ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:58 pm 
Savior

Waiting for the next round of posts from you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:48 pm 
Subscriber

Sorry for the delay. Real life hit me like a truck. Will be posting today

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm 
Subscriber

Dust will most likely remain unconscious for the rest of the combat phase. Got a lot of irl stuff coming up and wanted to insure that my character has a reason to not do anything if I cant get around to making a post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 am 

just a heads up, swamped with RL ( I'm moving) as well so here the spoiler for my character:

spoiler Xue | +
she will fall into a small crevice /hole while fleeing from the snake (about 2-3 m deep) and needs to climb outside first... not sure of her injuries so far, plus not sure if she can climb up in time... depending on how long she [me] will be missing she might break something etc..or even starve down there...

anyway, we will see what happens. See you in march! =D

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 am 
Savior

Just for future reference, since I may not have elaborated enough on it but there is very little vegetation in the world, since there is nearly no sunlight. Those that remain are usually trees, long dead, only preserved by an external shell of compressed ash.

Also, You guys don't mind bad things in the roll tables which could possibly happen to your characters, right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:42 pm 

Well, my first character is already 30% wounded id say... After 2 posts...and while ive been away there were some death counts? Plus its not even sure if Xue will survive about 50/50 chance...
So..I dont mind dying. I just mind really gross and unrealistic stuff like exploding heads etc.

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:51 pm 
Savior

@Ari Use the code to determine the outcome if your character breaks the lamp. Do not roll unless you intend to have her do so.

Quote:
SURVIVOR EVENT

Initiated by Fire

The Survivor smashes the lantern open, the arcane flames leaking from the shattered glass. Roll on the table below.

Shatter
1: The flames sputter and die not seconds after escaping the cage of glass and metal. The Survivor is cast in darkness.
2-5: The broken lamp and the ground is covered in flames. The Survivor uses the flames to stop the heavy bleeding of her wounds.
6-8: The heat expands outwards rapidly, creating an explosion of light and heat. The Survivor suffers severe burns and attracts the attention of other Survivors. All wounds have been cauterized from the explosion. Unlock the Furnace Innovation if this Survivor returns to the Colony.
9-10: The flames rise from the cracks and singe the exposed wounds, leaving the skin flawless, save for a black mark. The Survivor gains Mark of Ash. Record this on the character sheet.

Mark of Ash: A symbol of defiance against the entities of this realm and a sign of strength among the Dusk Order. Tax Collectors, Regent will mark anyone bearing this mark as a Priority Target in Combat.

Use the code below, including the action of the character if required. Post in the OOC to determine the outcome in the IC.
Code:
[size=125]Initiated by Fire[/size]
[b]Shatter[/b]
[u]1:[/u] The flames sputter and die not seconds after escaping the cage of glass and metal. The Survivor is cast in darkness.
[u]2-5:[/u] The broken lamp and the ground is covered in flames. The Survivor uses the flames to stop the heavy bleeding of her wounds.
[u]6-8:[/u] The heat expands outwards rapidly, creating an explosion of light and heat. The Survivor suffers severe burns and attracts the attention of other Survivors. All wounds have been cauterized from the explosion. Unlock the Furnace Innovation if this Survivor returns to the Colony.
[u]9-10:[/u] The flames rise from the cracks and singe the exposed wounds, leaving the skin flawless, save for a black mark. The Survivor gains [b]Mark of Ash[/b]. Record this on the character sheet.

[b]Mark of Ash:[/b] A symbol of defiance against the entities of this realm and a sign of strength among the Dusk Order. Tax Collectors, Regent will mark anyone bearing this mark as a Priority Target in Combat.

[b]Event Roll:[/b]
[dice]1d10[/dice]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm 

sucks to do this on my mobile phone. ill just roll the dice.
Event Roll:
Ari rolled 1d10 and got a total of 9:

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm 

fml what a roll.
... and she barely,survived the fall roll ... <.<

... So... welp ill post IC later from Computer.
but what about doublepost IC? i think xue was last who posted?
nite ~

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:46 pm 
Savior

Just wait then, I should post today. Also, the mark is not all bad lol, it gains you the favor of another faction while turning another against you, so it's alright.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:28 am 
Savior

Calculations for the initial population.
New characters will be taken from this population, from the Survivors who have yet to be named when created from now on and may not be created if there are no more unnamed survivors left.

Population roll
2.2zenith rolled 3d6 and got a total of 13:
3, 4, 6
+ 6 + named characters

I will add this to the spreadsheet and link it here later.