All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jazz and Gin OOC
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:30 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

Background/Plot:

1923, a year not far into the decade full of jazz and gin, where there was inventions being made everywhere. Pittsburgh had just started up it's own radio broadcasting station, often the highlight of ones day. But, with the sweets comes the sour. There was a medicinal revolution on the cusp, with Insulin stopping diabetes being a death sentence, and the safety net from infection being the band aid. Prohibition was in full force, but it didn't stop anyone from having a good time, in a city of 6 million people, there was always somewhere to have a good time. However, there has been a set back of life, and people have been getting sick, of course this is nothing new to the people of New York. The difference being, this virus, is deadly and in the worst way. The first couple of cases broke out not long after the bombing of Wall Street that was 3 years ago. However, since then there has been more and more people falling “ill” with 'Zenaxin' It had begun with a trial of Penicillin that had gone wrong. Of course, the cramped and damp living conditions of those living in New York made it the perfect breeding ground for a flesh eating bacteria that gave you a serious case of hunger. Not a normal behaviour, you became hungry for nothing but human flesh and of course, brains.

The mafia didn't like the lack of control they had all of a sudden, and as the iron walls went up, sealing off New York nothing was allowed in or out of the city. There was others whom seemed almost immune to the disease, and these were those whom were seeking power within the already established mafia gangs of New York. The city quickly became divided as some areas had an air born version of the virus, and made these streams completely toxic. No one had the immunity to that, so those whom were immune steered well away, and fences were put up as a warning to all whom entered that particular area. The city quickly descended into anarchy and as the US lost their most important monetary asset “Wall Street” a great depression spiral began. The worlds resolve to such problem was to act as though New York no longer existed, and helped the US rebuild what it needed outside of the confines of the virus.

The RP is set after the virus has spread to a point where there is some survivors who are unsure of their immunity but those who are immune hold control and are trying to re-establish order in their broken civilization. Of course, their ways aren't exactly what they were before, and are sometimes barbaric, but it stops it from becoming a free-for-all. The infected, don't have superpowers, they move a little slower than uninfected beings, but that's all the difference. They can converse, but it is broken and slow for the most part. Depending on how long they have been infected, the longer they've been infected the slower they become and the more broken and a lack of understanding can occur. After 10-12 months, they are completely deteriorated into a complete human eating shell.

---

Character Sheet:

Name:
Personality:
Background:
Infected status: (Not/Infected/Deteriorated/Immune)
Other:

---

Rules and side notes:

Once there's people joined we will get a kind of posting schedule going so that people aren't missed and have a chance to post, with a frequency aimed towards twice a week if possible, if for whatever reason you feel you need to post quicker, or if you wont be available, please just leave a note here so we're all aware and don't think you've just jumped ship.
Standard forum rules apply of course with the inclusion of a couple of rules here.

1. No superpowers or over powered characters, like seriously, how is a normal human going to kill a whole horde of infected in 5 seconds flat.
2. Keep gore to a minimum, I mean sure it's a zombie apocalypse RP but keep it PG-13 in accordance with site rules, and you can always fade to black.
3. Please be fair and allow everyone to have a turn at making plot twists, and if you can see someone is planning something, or have mentioned it here in the OOC, please don't spoil it, if you have an idea for a twist or movement, please feel free to include it. We're all in this together.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Jazz and Gin OOC
View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I've got two characters I want to try. If one becomes a hassle ill just kill them off.

Character Sheet:

Name: Alex "Slugger" Burgarzolli
Appearance: 6'2, 210lbs, Athletic, Italian, Black hair slicked back, Bright Green eyes, a stubble of a mustache. Dress shirt and tie w/vest and slacks.
Personality: Charming, Sports Fanatic, Aggressive, Loyal
Background: Growing up was tough in NY, so tough that there are some places where you can get hurt for walking on the wrong side of the road. I lost my father when I was four and its been me and my mom ever since. Growing up with out a dad was pretty tough. Not having a male figure to look up too, but when I was eight, That's when I met Uncle Tony. He wasn't really my uncle, but the Don of the Chapman's family and the first person to take me to see the Yankees play. I was hooked. A baseball player is what I want to be when I grow up. For now though, I help the Don when I can as a "leg man" when I'm not in school.
Infected status: (Not/Infected/Deteriorated/Immune) Immune
Other:

Character Sheet:

Name: Louis "Lee" Davis
Appearance: 5'9, 185, African American, Big Smile
Personality: Level Headed, Easy going, Great Listener, Positive
Background: Being a black man in the 1900's is tough, finding a job was even tougher. When Lee was twenty-three, he stopped a purse snatcher for a gorgeous, wealthy, white woman while her husband was recovering from a sucker punch. Once, the purse was returned and the husband recovered, the husband told Lee that he owned a Bar/club and just had a bartender quit and offered the job as a reward. For sixteen years Lee has worked for the Johnson's and with the ban on alcohol he burdened the fear of being caught. Working in a bar, things get tough from time to time, as such, Lee went to a gym and boxed every day before work.
Infected status: (Not/Infected/Deteriorated/Immune) Not infected
Other:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:48 pm 

Looking good!
I'm hoping to get my characters up soon ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 pm 

This is my First attempt at doing two characters.. so do I do one post with both? or two different? I ask due to the "posting order" we talked about. Thanks.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:58 pm 

All characters under your control would be put in the same post, if you're wanting them to have a complete different storyline, you can always just put a break in your post with something like "--------" or something to that effect.
I will try and get my character(s) up tomorrow and that. The posting order will be per person not per character otherwise it could get a little confusing ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:09 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I will get a character up soon. I have a basic idea for her, and a NPC connected to her, but physical inventory started today at my work and I'm on the inventory crew. I worked over 12 hours today. Until Friday, I won't have much free time from work and not a lot of time with my husband and son. I apologize for the delay.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 am 

@Sojourn, I can appreciate that completely and hope things aren't too bad and you still get at least a bit of time to unwind. I don't mind waiting and I'm still working on my character anyway so it's honestly no big deal really (:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:40 pm 

Name: Carla Castaluccio
Appearance:
Attachment:
603871f9936cf7462ebe5015cb21f1d9.jpg
603871f9936cf7462ebe5015cb21f1d9.jpg [ 12.43 KiB | Viewed 13003 times ]

Personality: Will unfold as it goes on.
Background: Grew up in New York, with her family whom were really close to those in power with the mafia, she wasn't involved personally, but her father and twin brother were. She would stay at home with her old and somewhat frail mother and cook and clean, making sure that her family was well looked after. She was 20 when the Virus broke out, and although her family had been in the midst of it, they had seemingly been unaffected so far. Carla had yet to find someone to marry and make a family with, and for her age and the way she was raised it was peculiar, most women of her age had a husband and a family.
Infected status: Not Infected.
Other: Frankie's Twin Sister.

Name: Francis "Frankie" Castaluccio
Appearance:
Attachment:
jm2af00z1 (1).jpg
jm2af00z1 (1).jpg [ 27.11 KiB | Viewed 13003 times ]

Personality: will unfold as the RP goes on.
Background: Grew up in New York, and followed in his fathers footsteps, and was heir to take over the head 'don' of his family, once his father was ready to retire. He hadn't gotten married, but had been with plenty of women, and he had fallen in love once, however she was snatched away by the virus and her father had decided it best to put her out of her misery and had drugged her in the night and suffocated her, Frankie had been devastated and wanted blood, but his father had stopped him. It was not their business to get involved with other families.
Other: Carla's twin brother.

Name: Daisy O'Brien
Appearance:
Attachment:
35c14bd70be81c3270c591f9bd84f14a.jpg
35c14bd70be81c3270c591f9bd84f14a.jpg [ 11.16 KiB | Viewed 13003 times ]

Personality: Will unfold as story does
Background: Originally born in Ireland, her family had immigrated to the US when she was about 5 years old. They had originally been living on a farm in Massachusetts, but had left for her fathers work in the big city. A hardship fell upon them, as when Daisy was just 12 years old her mother became sick and had died. This had meant that Daisy was now the head female in her family and was expected to help look after her younger siblings and look after the house. Once the virus broke out, her siblings and father had fled the city whilst Daisy was out cleaning one of the posh houses, which she did to bring in extra money. She never heard from them again.
Other: N/A

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:48 pm 

Name: Maggie Adler
Appearance: Maggie is 5'5 with a curvy built. She has blue eyes and long, blonde hair that is curled in a flapper style.

Personality: Good natured, friendly, strong willed, stubborn
Background: Maggie grew up in a small town, where the thrill of the week for her family was getting to go to the movie house. She grew up wanting to become a famous actress. Her family disapproved of it greatly, her parents wanted her to marry a nice boy and have children, just like her two older sisters had. While Maggie never said she didn't want a family, she wanted it to be her choice. She ran off to New York City one day to pursue her dream. Unfortunately, lots of other young women had the same dream. Maggie had trouble finding work and had to take a job as a typist during the day to pay her bills and afford groceries. One day she met Jack Simmons and he offered her a job singing at his club at night. While Maggie truly wanted to be an actress, she has a nice voice, and finds performing far more exciting then being a typist. What she didn't realize, until after she accepted the job, was that Jack owned a speakeasy. Even with Prohibition in full swing, it is almost exciting for Maggie to work there because of the risk. Plus, once the virus hit the city, Simmons' club seems to be the best place to be. Jack is willing to keep her safe at all costs.
Infected status: Not Infected
Other: The Adler family, consisting of her parents and two married off older sisters, disowned Maggie for running off to New York before the virus hit and have no idea if she is alive or not. She and Jack are also in a romantic relationship.

------------

Name: Jack Simmons
Appearance: Jack has black hair he cuts very short and brown eyes. He is 5'11 with an athletic built. Although born to a Caucasian father and an African American Mother, Jack's skin is light enough that he can pass for a Caucasian man.

Personality: Athletic, intelligent, loyal, stubborn
Background: Jack is half African American but keeps it a secret. His father was Caucasian and his mother was a light skinned African American woman. It's a hard time for any minority and Jack learned at a young age to never correct anyone's assumption about him. He was the younger of two sons born to his family. His older brother, Jimmy, took after their mother in looks and Jack witnessed first hand the discrimination his brother faced and it often made him angry but knew there was not much he could do about it. The boys grew up in a small town, where for fun kids either played baseball or watched movies. Jack has always been athletic and loved baseball. He used to play baseball and was a big deal in his little town. He had big dreams of joining the New York Yankees and becoming a star. Jimmy joined him for the trip to New York, Jimmy loved music and wanted to become a musician,. Jack learned quickly that just because one is big deal in a small town, in the big city, everyone was somebody back home. He couldn't make it as an athlete but Jimmy's jazz career started to take off right before the virus hit. Although people enjoyed Jimmy's music, because of his darker skin, Jimmy was discriminated against and no one would sell him a club so he could promote his career. Jack, instead, bought a club for his brother and had been able to run it pretty successfully. When Prohibition hit, Jack turned their club into a very successful speakeasy. One day, he overheard Maggie singing to herself as she waited for a taxi cab. He thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever saw and as an excuse to get to know her better, he offered her a job at his club.
Infected status: Not Infected
Other: To make sure people continue to believe Jack is fully Caucasian, Jimmy took their mother's last name and most people do not know they are brothers. Maggie does know their secret, however.

------------

NPC:

Jimmy Sawyer: Jack's brother. Unlike, Jack, Jimmy's skin is too dark to try and pass himself as a Caucasian, even though he is half Caucasian due to their father. He took their mother's maiden name so people did not learn the truth about Jack. He is the quiet partner in the speakeasy and performs there almost every night, playing Jazz.

ImageImage

Last edited by Sojourn on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:00 pm 

Looking good Sojourn, I will work on getting the IC up soon ^^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm 

Our characters are looking great. I hope we can get another person or two, but I think we have a chance at getting this going. I look forward to making this happen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:37 pm 

Thanks, guys. I decided to move Jack up to PC status and created a NPC with his brother, Jimmy. I think it would be interesting to play a biracial character in this time period.

His face claim is Grady Sizemore who truly is biracial too.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 am 

sorry for the delay guys, I will have the thread up today ^^
Just working on the First Post now ^_^

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 am 

@SOURSUCKER , @Sojourn the IC is now up viewtopic.php?f=17&t=48486 feel free to post when you're ready and then we can get a posting order sorted once we've got things going to begin with ^^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 pm 

Nice opening post. I had a long day at work but I'll try to get my opening post up tomorrow.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 am 

Thanks and no rush.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:39 pm 

Post is up. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 pm 

@SOURSUCKER it's your turn to post. No rush. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 pm 

Sorry about the lateness... I work retail and have been pulling doubles for DAYSSS.. Ive been exhausted. But its up and running now. @Sojourn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am 

It's fine. Hope you're alright and getting some rest as well