All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: AU Dragon Ball Z OOC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

It's all good. Works really well since the two would have some history. Don't hesitate to establish anything you want (within reason of course).

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

CLARINET BLEW UP THE UNIVERSE

Yeah, it's probably best to keep to your instructions and only establish things that are within reason on second thought.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

XD Hope you guys don't mind our Encounter and all the events I kind of moved through. I'm thinking that the creatures are being either created from the deceased of this planet or are being resurrected by some master mind who thinks they would make an effective army. I'm using the messages from the creatures to serve a dual purpose now for story progression: either this entire race of creatures is dead and they are asking to be destroyed because they are in agony and are being forced to fight or the first message Kelvin received could be from a living inhabitant who can further explain what's going on on this planet (explain who "They" are and what they're coming for).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 pm 

Hey, before you didn't mind me defining a little back story that I had no permission to define, so I have no right to complain. Besides, the story is great so far, thank you for taking so much initiative with this. After all, we agreed before that all three of us would run it together more or less. If the entire race of creatures is dead, then is someone controlling them from beyond the grave? That sounds little a pretty good idea if you had wanted to go that way, and it certainly doesn't resemble anything else in Dragon Ball that I can think of.

Well, I mean ignoring the vampire in the World Tournament in the original Dragon Ball, haha!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:20 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

yeah, I'm thinking someone is trying to clear off the entire planet and is planning to use them kinda like how cell used cell jr or the saiyans had the saibamen. I was thinking that there was possibly a small group of them that were still alive on the planet and good explain what all happened. Or it could be that this planet was cleared out by some catastrophic event (war or slaughter) and some powerful creature started creating horrors from the remains of whatever died here.

I'm not so firmly planted on any idea other than these things are being controlled by something else, they're extremely numerous and they're relatively powerful compared to saibamen (around 4,500 rather than 1,200 to 1300) they're relatively high powers would make them formidable in great numbers. I've also kinda established that they don't communicate through speech but through screams, hums and whistles.

Not sure if they'd really be sentient; considering their numbers and they're being manipulated, I'd assume they'd have a hive-mind. I've got no explanation worked out for the telepathic speech and the weird sensory upset Kelvin's dealing with yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:37 pm 

Oh, that makes sense. Actually, the Planet Trade Organization we were talking about before were trying to clear off planets as well, which probably explains the Saibamen reference anyway. Would you rather go that route, or say that there was a horrible war or slaughter and there's some powerful creature that they now have to deal with?

All of these ideas are pretty good. If they're not sentient and they have some sort of hive mind, then I might argue that makes them even more of a dangerous threat since they can't be reasoned with. Even Freeza and Cell had some aspect of reason.

They were at least somewhat logical, even if they were largely ruled by their emotions. This would be an entirely new kind of threat, which makes it all the more interesting especially since we have our own original team to deal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:33 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I'm leaning more towards the genocide route rather than the war route. Sounds more tragic to me. I can't really decide who would be responsible for the resurrection yet.

lt could possibly be a living inhabitant who plans to take their revenge. If the planetary trade organization was involved in the genocide, it might start to explain Kelvin's feeling of unease on the planet (the creatures might be mutated to counter the overwhelming power of the frost demons somehow. This could also explain why the planet is mostly cleared but not reinhabited. Frieza's family couldn't finish the job.)

The Hive mind makes them unreasonable incompassionate puppet's which makes them very dangerous but it also provides us with their weakness: once the leader is dealt with, they're purpose is gone.

We might be able to fix this planet with some form of dragonballs. That way we could involve the namekian's and be able to use the Tuffles' tech to our advantage.

I'm thinking that there are countless numbers of these creatures on the planet but they live in large pods with an alpha (one very strong creature) and are awakened, communicated with/strengthened by sounds such as screeches and whistles (which would make them a pain the ass for namekians too). So if we have to travel this planet to recover anything, our sound and movement is crucial. Once the characters learn about all this, we might even be able to have Sitaka develop some device so we can awaken and clear out a pod we come across once we're strong enough.

This would mean we'd most likely have to establish a post off-planet where we can train, recover, plan and converse (character development opportunities etc. etc.)

Im just throwin out a ton of stuff, you guys feel free to branch off from or completely derail me.

Hehe, PS https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11011928_10153771292838754_5829184747375135143_n.png?oh=646fc1f478a5898b2c146a69e1b37539&oe=56B6D923

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:27 am 

Thank you for always coming up with such a great smattering of ideas. I thought that posting was really a History Channel thing at first, haha!

I like that this whole concept would involve each of our individual races in some way or the other. I would agree that the genocide concept would be more tragic for sure, and I like the idea of the hive mind too.

If I'm allowed to throw out another random idea, then maybe the organization that long ago carried out this genocide was sort of like the Red Ribbon Army, and had some sort of world domination idea that backfired horribly like their android units.

In addition, maybe the base that's off-planet to train and recover on is some sort of orbital facility that they built. I mean, our characters could put together some sort of an orbiting space station in order to provide them with a place to run off to and train. Maybe it could even have the increased gravity effect that Goku had while in his spacecraft.

I mean, of course, ignoring the real world problems that would actually come with training under increased gravity. That probably doesn't sound nearly as good of an idea as one might have thought having watched the show to say the least, haha.

While I would personally prefer to avoid having to ignore anything that anyone says, I would like to repeat and say that you should feel free to countermand any of this as well. We're supposed to be all working on this of course!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:53 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

I like the army idea. We can use their old orbital base and sitaka can help us get the place into working shape. They'd leave some useful tech behind that could give our characters insight into dealing with the enemy as well as furthering our understanding as to what happened. Really good idea.

The little link was just saying that the first episode of DB was aired on that day in history.

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:32 pm 

Well, that actually sounds like a really good idea too. There might be some sort of damaged space station that's already in orbit, and they could make some use of it. Sitaka has a pretty good collection of technology anyway, so that could make a unique side plot. It's almost like the way that Bulma got that Namekian spacecraft working again.

Haha, I figured as such. Sad I missed a holiday like Dragon Ball Day!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:23 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

So, this has been quiet for a while. I dunno what happened to monster, but if you want, we can proceed 1x1 until he returns.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:26 pm 

I wouldn't mind doing that. I hope everything is all right with him; I'm actually waiting for him on another RP and I hope nothing happened.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:17 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

yeah, he was a really good rper and a pretty cool guy. Hope he's alright. If you want to. We'll just leave this in the group area but go back and forth until he returns or someone else comes in.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:55 pm 

That sounds like a plan, though I do hope that he comes back soon. Would you like me just to write up a post in the current thread in that case now? I could get one out to you soon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:30 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

yeah, we'll just continue in the original thread (sorry for the late response)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:57 pm 

No worries at all, in fact I was going to apologize if I took too long to get a post out there. I hope that what I've been writing is of a sufficient length as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:29 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Sorry for the long delay and short response. I wanted to introduce Takashira and let you get some words in with Clarinet and the whole gang.

Hope you don't mind me taking control of Clarinet there, just thought that moment could use some fun.

Feel free to do the same with Kelvin if you ever need to get something done.

~Even when I sought her
- Happily,
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:23 pm 

I just replied mostly in the private message thread that we have together about all of this, but please feel free to reply right here instead. Once again I want to apologize for my unplanned absence that was a result of technology failures. It seems that nothing is made to stand up as well as it used to be *sighs* Please don't worry at all about response length, though. That came out quite good if you ask me! I thought what you did with Clarinet was hilarious, haha, and very Dragon Ball indeed! Did you want to post up the character profile we wrote?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Name: Takishira

Sex: Female

Race: Yardrat

Appearance: While many Yardrats appeared to have prominent wrinkles across her forehead, being only around four centuries old meant that she didn't have this facial feature. Nevertheless, Takishira did have the bulbous head that her species was best known for as well as the pointed ears sticking out of the side that also could suggest nothing but Yardrat to an observer. These features were of course ironies, as she didn't know about her heritage growing up, though she even has the equally prominent pink skin that makes her appear as such.

She tended to look on average a little short (4’8”) compared to most others, and this helped to establish the fact that she was actually quite physically weak. Indeed, her appearance overall was that of a globular unusual organism that betrayed the fact that she was actually incredibly strong in spite of her slight stature and relatively weak body.

As a student of the Turtle Hermit, she has traded out her earlier garb for the orange training suits that have become such a symbol of his tutelage. Nevertheless, she actually has the symbol of the North Kai on the back of her suit due to the fact that she had trained with him in the afterlife.

Abilities:

Kinetic control: Takishira uses this to counteract her physical weakness by amplifying her strikes power or weakening her opponent through her superior understanding of and her ability to manipulate forces of motion and utilize the laws of physics.

Ki sensing: Beyond what most hold as innate, Takishira can sense the power and potential of those nearby in a manner that's fundamentally different from most, though she can also ascertain power levels as a result.

Space-Time Bending: The fabric of space-time manifests itself as an actual tangible substance to Takishira allowing her to manipulate it as she sees fit. However, this ability is especially draining of her Ki for obvious reasons.

Force manipulation: Physical force manipulation allows Takishira to repulse, attract, levitate or even crush objects that include the body parts of her opposition.

Ki attacks: Manifesting in the form of powerful beams, waves and blades, Takishira uses this form of attack as a last result when things seem to get more geared toward close-quarters combat.

Bio: Planet Yardrat is home to many time-travellers. To travel large periods of time requires a great deal of power. Those who are strong enough to do so are known as “The Fell Seekers”. These beings travel through the dimensions and return with news about the events to transpire across the universe. One day, a great a prophecy about the hero of Dragon World was foretold by an old returning Yardrat. She said that one of their kin played an important part in the continued survival of several species on several planets.
She advised them to send the next child to be born to Dragon World without delay.

Takishira was found by a small restaurant owner when her pod crash landed a few meters from his home. Upon seeing the creature, he deemed it the “most beautifully ugly thing he’d ever seen”. He raised the child as if she was his own. He hadn’t the chance to marry and he was getting older; his hope was to pass on his restaurant and have his legacy live on far beyond him.

And so it did: Takishira took over the restaurant for over a decade after her father passed away. She took on several apprentices who she taught to prep and cook with extreme concentration on the importance of every aspect. She became well-known for her ability to craft meals with a delicate balance in such a remarkably short amount of time. Takishira didn’t think much of it and just assumed it was a skill anyone could develop with time. Little did she know that her perception of space-time was quite unique compared to Earthlings.

She learned how she was remarkably different when a man in military-clothing attempted to assault a customer. Takishira, was able to move the customer out of harm’s way and incapacitate the man with a swift pot to the head. She hadn’t realized she’d done anything spectacular until a wide-eyed silent audience watched in stunned disbelief. A man in the restaurant told Takishira about the man being a part of the Red-ribbon army: a paramilitary force bent on uprooting the government and taking control of the world by force. Takishira wanted to do something to help but had little idea how to until a pig-man pointed out that there was a hermit who was well known for training people with great potential.

Naturally her initial meeting with said pig-man was less than amicable, however, they had ultimately become allies and she had ultimately gone on to train with the hermit. Unfortunately, it had seemed that the hermit had some problems of his own. Regardless, though, she was able to make progress over time and grow into the warrior that the Dragon World planet had needed to fight off the various threats that had ended up coming her way. Certainly it has been a very crazy ride since then, but it doesn't seem like she's coming off any time soon at all.

Personality: Perhaps more than anything else, Takishira is pure of heart; though this often makes her look like she's rather naive and perhaps even a little dull-witted. While she might be quick to believe things that people tell her it also means that she's actually quite quick to see the good in people regardless of what they might have done in the past. Many of the people that she once was the enemy of and fought with are today her friends and allies. In fact, one might say that's she's been responsible for more than one change of heart.

Eventually she also came to accept that her small stature and lack of physical strength was an advantage, and it's not above her to trick people who aren't prepared for the fact that inside of that small package she has amazing powers and can actually manipulate the very fabric of the space-time continuum. This makes her a very dangerous opponent for anyone who makes the mistake of underestimating her.

One thing that's of particular note, however, is the fact that the restaurant business that she had been drafted into when she grew up ultimately grew on her in a way, considering that she now has a certain affinity for food. While this can be a bit obnoxious at times, the careful control and use of her Ki that she has as well as the fact that she had a strict training regimen means that she is able to actually use up the energy found in all of this food. At least she'll make sure that nothing ever goes to waste in that respect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:44 am 

You were able to find it, I'm glad since I lost the link and I was hoping that it wouldn't have been lost. Thank you very much for posting that for us, Ben!