All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: AU Dragon Ball Z OOC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:20 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Haha, well, what did you want the character sheets to look like? Did you two want something elaborate, or just something kind of simple? I can make them out either way if no one else plans to jump in here for the storyline.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:01 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

I don't really care, so long as it isn't missing important details. Since this is DBZ, there should probably be a list of the character's special attacks - their Kaiokens, Galick Guns, and Wolf Fang Fists. Except preferably original attacks as far as names and stances go.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:10 pm 

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. I'm assuming that this will mostly focus on us players fighting NPCs, so I figure that any attacks wouldn't really be deemed overpowered, especially considering the universe that we're in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:20 pm 

Yeah. If there IS a limit to attacks, it'll probably be the ability to cleave souls from bodies from a distance and instantly kill enemies...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:39 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

Alright so I'm thinking something along the lines of just a simple character sheet with the addendum for abilities and specific characteristics (Weaknesses, diet, race-based behaviors)

So something like

Name:
Age: (This is DB so you know there aren't many limits here)
Sex:
Race:
Appearance: (Include transformations)
Abilities: (No need to be reasonable unless you want to do some paced character development)

Optional
Bio:
Personality:
Other: (Anything to add such as the Race characteristics I put above)

If you want we could add a power level part and we could change it as the rp unfolds to reflect our characters growing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:00 pm 

Oh, god, no Power Levels. In DBZ, Power Levels are representations of characters' maximum potentials. The only way it can change is if the character wears weighted training clothing or willingly puts a damper on their aura to decrease it temporarily, or absorbs another life form or receives a Saiyan's Zenkai power boost by recovering from near-death injuries to increase it permanently. For humans, there's actually no real way to increase a Power Level. Except maybe for lots and lots and LOTS of training.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:24 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Yeah let's not bother with the power levels in the character sheet, but I wouldn't scrap them altogether.

Power Levels are representations of characters' maximum potentials at a certain time. It's like your ability to sprint as fast as you can. With training you can sprint faster and for longer periods of time. In fact power levels rose constantly throughout DBZ for those of all races; Saiyans are commonly known to increase their power through their zenkai but other races are shown to increase their power level in great leaps from efficient training. Frieza is a notable example; He increased his power level from his original 1,000,000 to 150,000,000 to a whopping 100,000,000,000 through training. Being that we're going to be taking on the role of Galactic Z-fighters, we might want to consider extreme training as an important part of the story. Looking at the info we have now, it might be a bit ridiculous to keep track of power levels, but you might want to consider their importance when it comes to non-ki sensing characters (Seeing as the Tuffles pretty much invented the scanners).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:06 pm 

... Yeah, good point. Power Levels ARE kinda unavoidable if Tuffles and Scouters are gonna be a thing...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:11 am 

My only major concern with power levels is that there really isn't a way to objectively create them. The numbers used in the series seem almost random, with them obviously increasing to ridiculous levels over time. That's not unusual in fiction, of course. Many other measurements in sci-fi stories don't make coherent sense since the writers just make up whatever was convenient for them at the time.

Does anyone have any surefire metric I could use to measure a character's power level, or should we just try to guess numbers that don't sound too super powered?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:11 am 

The only stated power level measurement is Babidi's "kili," but there's no concrete scale for that. I say bounce ideas off other roleplayers before settling on a reasonable power level.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:15 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

It might be a pretty good Idea to start relatively low, using some stated levels as a basis.

Goku during Saiyan invasion

(x2 Kaioken) 16,000
(x3 Kaioken) 24,000
(x4 Kaioken) 32,000
Vegeta during Saiyan invasion

Great ape form raised this by a factor of ten (180,000)

Frieza saga Goku
90,000 (base)

Nail 42,000
(Namekians aren't very strong fighters alone but have a great deal abilities capable of bridging gaps such as being able to fuse together endlessly to merge power levels and become super Namekians which raises their power level similarly to that of a great ape transformation aka x10)

Super Saiyan Goku 150,000,000 (So a factor of 10,000/6)

Frieza (first form) 530,000
Frieza (second form) 1,000,000
Frieza (third form) 1,550,000
Frieza (final form) 60,000,000
Frieza (100%) 120,000,000
(Frieza's race has a ki threshold for each transformation, the power can lower and rise until the threshold is met, sort of like change of state for objects.)

Point of Ridiculousness

Majin Buu 1,000,000,000

Kid Buu 1,150,000,000

(Majin's can gain power by absorbing their enemies but only one at a time and sometimes the effect can actually negatively affect power level)

Goku (Super Saiyan 4) 1,500,000,000 (only a factor of 10 from Super Saiyan, so Super saiyan 2+3 are comparatively small jumps in power level)

Omega Shenron 1,900,000,000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 pm 

I'm actually really grateful to you for having taken the time to calculate that and then write it out for us like that. Thank you. I'm actually thinking of playing a Namekian for this storyline, so do you think that something around 17,000 would be fitting for this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:19 pm 

I'm cool with it.

If I go for the Tuffle, I'm going for a natural Power Level of 10, and an exo-enhanced Power Level of approximately 15,000. If Majin, I'd put it more around 17,000, maybe 18,000...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 pm 

Oh those all sound pretty good, and seem to fit the line established both here and in the actual wiki site.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:24 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

(Sturdy Humans have a power level of about 5 while weaker humans are usually just 1-3 just for future knowledge if we encounter any regular humans or non-fighting species of alien)

So a starting point of mid-teens E3 for our characters? Very reasonable. I'm thinking either young Frost demon or Majin. I'll create my character (Possibly characters) within the next two or three days.

Since we all kinda just worked together on the theme of the RP, I definitely think we should just work on this collaboratively. So if we want to engage in practice battles or conversations and the like in which our characters are interacting in a fast paced environment, we can just consult each other on what's okay and then one person posts a synthesis of the responses.

(Hell, contact me on skype if you want to get to me really quickly)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:15 pm 

Yeah, that makes sense, I actually remember Raditz scanning the power level of the farmer when he first landed on the Dragon World. Raditz got some single digit response out of it.

I wouldn't mind creating my character soon either. It shouldn't really be too hard since I have a few ideas, and I like the idea that we're all kind of running this RP together as the original poster unfortunately never got back to us.

Mind if I use that character sheet form that you wrote out before, Ben?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm 

Yeah, the ostrich farmer had a total Power Level of five. To give a sense of comparison, that's higher that a calm child Gohan, but far lower than any other Z-Fighter. A Power Level of 10, though, is enough to crush boulders with bare hands, as evidenced by the original Dragon Ball.

Before I forget. The Majin race as depicted in Xenoverse was spawned from Majin Buu after he became good, and separate from Super Buu. So, assuming Majin are a thing in this, would that mean it's set after the Buu Saga but in an AU where certain events didn't happen...?

I'll get my character sheet up soon, too. May I use the character sheet as well, Ben?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:19 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

I thought i already posted this, but go ahead, it's the main reason I wrote it XD

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:46 am 

Hahaha, thanks. One more question to avoid looking like an idiot - we're posting the character sheets in this thread, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:59 am 

Well, it IS the OOC thread - it would make the most sense of we posted them here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next