All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Persona (OOC)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:00 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Summary | +
It's the beginning of another unseasonably bright April in Iwatodai City. It has been six years since the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, better known as SEES, faced Nyx and put and end to Tartarus and the Dark Hour. At the time, it was believed that they had won; however, reverberations of Nyx's power have been causing unusual phenomenon to occur in the Tatsumi Port area. Most recent are reports from members of the Kirijo Group capable of wielding Personas, including Mitsuru Kirijo herself. These reports consist primarily of odd dreams - labyrinths similar to those of Tartarus, masked specters that roam these labyrinths whilst mumbling secrets, and of colorless flower petals scattered on the ground.

Then people started dying. Always at night, always while sleepwalking, and always from an unexplainable wound in the chest. Prior to death, they claimed that they were seeing apparitions of creatures wearing masks. The description fit the Shadows perfectly. Eventually, one of the Shadow Operatives found a victim as they were dying - their form wasn't hazy, but they were still masked and unaware of their surroundings until they started seeing the Shadows. And, the Shadows existed in this dream world as well. The Shadow Operatives nicknamed this dream world "Asphodel," in joking reference to the origin of Tartarus' name, and began seeking answers by delving within. But they faced a crisis early on - Asphodel seemed to "reject" all of them, preventing them from wielding their Personas even though it seemed to have the same atmosphere as the Dark Hour.

Then a group of students, members of Gekkoukan High School's unofficial "School Club of Lucid Dreamers," found Asphodel.

These students were destined to unlock the powers of Persona, discover Asphodel's secrets in the stead of the Shadow Operatives, and face Nyx once more, albeit indirectly, to determine the fate of the world.

For those of you unacquainted with the Persona series, the concept is simple enough. The series focuses on Japanese high school students who are faced with mysterious, often paranormal challenges - buildings transforming into labyrinths at midnight, people getting killed after being pushed into a TV world, rumors becoming reality, etc - and must overcome these hardships using the powers of a Persona, which is a physical embodiment of their psyche which takes the name of characters from mythology and literature and uses mysterious powers to fight alongside and defend the being it represents. Assisting them in mastering their abilities is Igor, the long-nosed master of the hub of Persona-users, the Velvet Room, which exists "between dream and reality, mind and matter."

In this particular roleplay, the characters will be students at Gekkoukan High School on Tatsumi Port Island, six years after the events of Persona 3. They will also be lucid dreamers, and members of an unofficial school club where they share the dreams that they have experienced. They will be exploring Asphodel, a dream-world spawned from the echoes caused by Nyx's momentary awakening and subsequent banishing during the final battle of Persona 3. Their goal in Asphodel, similarly to the goal of SEES in Tartarus, is to investigate what caused its creation and, if possible, eliminate it before more people die. As it exists in dreams, the characters will access it by going to sleep. They will also be able to use this method to enter the Velvet Room, rather than accessing a door that only they can see. They will not start with the ability to wield Personas, but will unlock this power very early on in the roleplay, so no harm no foul.

Character Sheet | +
Name: (The name of your character. Durr.)
Nickname(s): (The various nicknames that your character may go by when around others. They could be shortened versions of their real names, such as Shinji or Yuki, or they could be insults, like Stupei and Ginko.)
Gender: (If your character sexually identifies as an attack helicopter, you note that shizzle down here!)
Age: (The age of your character. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same as your character's grade - they could always have been held back!)
Grade: (Japanese high school is split into three year groups - first-years, second-years, and third-years. Persona's characters are usually second-years, though there have been a couple of third-years and first-years in the mix, as well as an elementary school student and a few people who don't even go to school.)
Arcana: (Each character in the Persona series is represented by a Tarot Card's Major Arcana. These Arcanas have different traits that help to define the character. For example, characters of the Chariot Arcana tend to be short-tempered, and will aggressively chase after a goal regardless of the risks. You can find a list of Arcana here!)
Personality: (How your character acts around others, be it positively or negatively.)
Appearance: (Your character's physical appearance. You should probably describe both how your character wears their school uniform and what they wear during weekends here. Unless they wear the same thing all the time, in which case, whatever.)
Fighting Style: (Your character's weapon of choice and how they use it. The abilities of your Persona don't go here, though.)
Persona: (This is where you describe your character's Initial Persona - name, appearance, and abilities.)
Bio: (Your character's history up to this point. Bear in mind that this adventure will almost certainly be their first exposure to their Persona abilities, so their life until this point will probably be pretty boring... Still, it never hurts to be thorough!)

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Persona (OOC)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:57 pm 

By the way, I'm cool if you make multiple characters; just try to keep it at a reasonable number. Let's say two characters maximum, aight?

I wanted to challenge myself slightly as far as making a character based off of an Arcana goes, so I decided to make a Fool Arcana character that wasn't a silent protagonist. Because that hasn't really been done yet in the Persona series. Also, no power of the wild card. Because fun.
I was also considering a Magician or Chariot Arcana character - maybe as my second character.

Name: Chouko Mizushima
Nickname(s): Chou-san
Grade: Second-year Gekkoukan High School student
Arcana: Chouko is represented by the Fool Arcana. Unlike her predecessors, however, she does not wield the "power of the wild card," and is stuck using only Eurydice.
Personality: Chouko is polite and well-mannered at her most basic, but is a bit of a wild card when interacted with. This is because she has a terrible habit of automatically adapting to the intensity of others by adjusting her own intensity so that they're more comfortable with her. Even at her most intense, however, she is very moral, and will try to keep others from performing actions that are especially reckless unless there is something useful to be gained from it, such as knowledge in the face of mysterious circumstances. She enjoys meeting new people, regardless of how the meeting occurs, and is incredibly trusting of others. Almost to a fault. She also often daydreams when bored; especially during classes. She is a member of the school's photography club, as well as a founding member of its unofficial lucid dreamers' club. She is neither incredibly clever nor incredibly academic nor incredibly social - she's a jack of all trades, who excels only in her hobbies (photography, puzzle-solving, and tennis) and at dreaming.
Appearance: Chouko's build is surprisingly average, albeit an inch or two taller than most others her age. Her hair is shoulder-length and light brown, and her eyes are emerald. During school hours, she dresses in the Gekkoukan girls' school uniform, albeit substituting the white dress shirt underneath the black jacket with a teal pullover hoodie and wearing her blazer unzipped so as to access the pockets of said pullover. She also wears this while exploring Asphodel, as it is the clothing she is most comfortable in despite her being required to wear it by school rules. On weekends and holidays, she wears a teal t-shirt, a denim jacket, and a knee-length skirt. Regardless of what time of the week it is, however, she always wears a black beret - a birthday present from her father that she received last year.
Fighting Style: In battle, Chouko wields twin knives, which she uses to slash at foes. Her fighting style is focused more around hit-and-run strategies, as her physical strength isn't as noteworthy as that of others that she fights alongside and she prefers fighting with her Persona when possible.
Persona: Chouko's Persona is Eurydice - a slender humanoid wrapped in black robes with gold trim. Behind a veil glow bright yellow eyes. She carries a black harp nearly identical to that of Orpheus (the Persona of the Persona 3 protagonist) on her back. In combat, Eurydice is a jack-of-all-trades, with access to healing melodies using Orpheus' harp and magical attacks of the Ice and Light elements.
Bio: Though not born in Iwatodai City, Chouko moved in three years after the Dark Hour was eliminated when her mother got a job working with the Kirijo Group's R&D department, and thus has little-to-no prior experience with Shadows. Prior to her move, Chouko had already been a lucid dreamer; after moving, however, her skills as a lucid dreamer improved vastly, which inspired to start an unofficial afterschool club for lucid dreamers at Gekkoukan High after a conversation with the head of the photography club during her time as a first-year high school student. Her bad habit of daydreaming when bored in class has left her with average grades all-around by the end of her first year at Gekkoukan, and this year she intends to put more effort into focusing on her classes, even when bored.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Name: Mitsuhide
Nickname(s): none yet (how about Mitsu?)
Grade: second-year
Arcana: Justice
Personality: Stoic, doesn't talk much, has an intimidating glare that is his usual face which makes it difficult for most people to lie to him, he is at the top5 of his grade, rarely smiles
Appearance: black hair, black eyes. Tall and slender. Basically a pretty boy if it weren't for the look in his eyes. http://data2.whicdn.com/images/33766092/thumb.jpg He wears his school uniform according to the rules. In his free time he prefers comfortable black clothes.
Fighting Style: He prefers using a sword. He had been taking sword fighting lessons since he was young. His prefered strategy is to go at an oppponent straight on, face to face. But he doesn't need to stick to this strategy no matter what.
Persona: Archangel Michael. Humanoid with a white robe and wings (very angelic) carries a sword and a scale. Uses the power of light
Bio: yes very boring indeed. He doesn't have a lot of friends, and doesn't do much except for studying and sword practice.

hope this is okay ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:40 am 

Iz prty gud. Accepted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 pm 

Gud m8. Much accept. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:49 am 

Not yet. I was kinda hoping for more people before I got started, honestly...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:56 pm 

No. I died a fiery death eight months ago.

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to work some stuff out for this. I think I'll have the IC posted up by early November, though!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

*lurking patiently*

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding