All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Sir Edwards Academy (OC)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:13 am 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name:
Age: (with in a rage of 13-23 as this is kinda like a high school)
Race: (human, Orc, Elf, Drawf, a Half Breed, dragon-born, more to be added as people come to me with ideas, also there are sub classes of elves, orcs, and Drawfs, they are the base DnD ones like wood elf)
Appearance:
Class: ((are you a knight, a rough, a archer, maybe a Mage? Whatever you are goes here))
Personality:
Magic: (what kind of magic, how it works, how well you can use your magic, if you don't have magic you may leave blank)
Weapon(s):
Armour: (light, medium, heavy, picture or you may give a detail writing of it)
Fighting Style: (may be detail or not, as I'm sure you would rather make up how they fight as you go)
Relationship: (any kind of girlfriend, boyfriend, or any kind of close bond and who with?)
Bio:
Misc: (anything else you would like to add)

So I am really getting into making this rp, I'll be adding more to this first post, such as a map of the world, a map of the campus. Details of wars that are going on, and maybe even the history of the races <.> haha maybe I should move it to Alpha. Anyways I hope you have fun making a character and I hope more are to join.

There are five kingdoms in Estax, each has a wide range of races held with in its boarders. But those who rule are the most prominent races in the kingdom. First we have Qekar Kingdom, Qekar is ruled by the humans, most of the kingdom is covered in a large forest. The trees standing taller then Giants, the trees are close together, the forest floor covered in shrubs and small trees, there are many animals that called this place home. Though to the fare west lays a ocean that brings trade in from the kingdom of Anthyr. Though there is a problem with Qekar, it is very easy to get lost in the forest. Even following rivers could prove pointless, so it's important to have a map and know where you are going. The mean exports of this kingdom is Wood, metals like iron and tin, and they provide a few other kingdoms with some of the magic stones that mages use.

The second Kingdom of Estax is Anthyr, it lays to the west of what is known as the main land which holds three of the five countries. Anthyr is large island with meany small island surround the south, west and north costs.
Anthyr country made up of rolling hills, fare wide open plans, beautiful waterfalls and rivers. It truly is something to behold. Though this island holds many dangers, throughout the island are monsters and beasts of all kinds. Truly somewhere you do not want to go alone. Anthyr is also known for its harsh storms that can last for weeks, sometimes even months. Though the island seems harsh and cruel, it is a great place to grow many different kinds of crops come planting season. The kingdom also is lacking in tress, yet has more stone then any other. So most houses here are built into the ground and with stone, this helps to protect from storms.
Anthyr is ruled by the elves who have lived on the island since they were first brought into this world. The main exports are stone, wheat, oats, many many other kind of crops, and wine.

The third kingdom is Estax is Holdum. It lays in the middle of the Estaxs main land, so it has no way of getting to the sea. Holdum is made up of high Rocky Mountains, with steep drops off to your doom. Though there are many rivers and waterfalls that rice from the top of ththe mountains to the base of them. Holdum is kingdom that is the hardest to attack as army's have to March through the mountains the get to the main city which is at the base of six large mountains. Along the mountains are meant watch towers and other things. And if a army can't get over the hills that lead down into the city, then this army will have a very hard time trying to get up the hills.
Holdum is ruled by ththe Drawfs, they usually have there towns and houses inside of the mountains as it gives great protection from the blowing winds of the mountains.
The main exports are metals such as gold, silver, gems such as rubys and diamonds. As well as they do export Stone to one other kingdom.

Zudal is the forth kingdom, it was a kingdom once ruled by humans, but now ruled by the Orcs. Zudal is a swampy land, with large bogs and sudden hot springs. Zudal lays eastward of the other four kingdoms. It traded mostly by the sea that surrounds the country on three sides. Zudal has been involved in many wars already, they have been trying to get more land from the other kingdoms. But many of these wars fail as they do not go into the wars with any kind of strategy. Though never the less they do still trade. Mostly in animal skins, wool, slik, and many other things along these lines.

The fifth and final kingdom lays north ward of the main land mass, the fifth kingdom is Ridora. It was a very cold and harsh kingdom with blizzards common. The land is covered in snow, large hills, with large lakes as well. Many different kinds of plants grow here, the plants are used for healing herbs, and in many poisons the like. Ridora is ruled by the dragon-born, or also known as the Reun. A dragon like people who are really the only ones best suited to live in this harsh country. The main export of the country is the plants. The import most other things.

The other schools of Estax...

Madams Fionna's school of knighthood

Last edited by CanadianWolf on Fri May 20, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Sir Edwards Academy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm 

By the power of Grayskull!!

Name: Aimon
Race: Elf
Appearance: Aimon is tall and slender, with the usual elfin features - pronounced cheekbones, slender eyes, long face, and pointed ears. His skin is rather tanned, and his eyes are a calm gray-blue color, like a stormy sky.
Class: Knight
Personality: Aimon is surprisingly laidback for a Knight-class hero. He prefers going at his own pace rather than moving at the pace of others, but will go full-force in combat simply to have a laugh at others' reactions. He never puts thought into anything when he can avoid it, enjoys napping, and has a prominent sweet tooth.
Magic: Aimon's sole magical ability is what he simply calls the "Quick Step." By using this ability, Aimon can glide short distances across the ground to evade attacks or quickly cover ground between him and an opponent.
Weapon(s): Aimon wields a single-edged broadsword, with a curved and powerful blade designed similarly to a katana but with a more prominent hand guard.
Armour: Unlike most knights, Aimon wears dramatic-looking robes over leather armor, with the excuse that "it's comfier than plate armor." This, however, is a lie, as he'd rather not admit that it has strategic uses by allowing him to Quick Step more efficiently.
Fighting Style: Aimon wields his sword with both hands, and specializes in getting in close to foes and dispatching them with swift and powerful slashing attacks. He makes up for the weight of his weapon with the speed that his Quick Step power grants him.
Relationship: Aimon, being the laidback elf that he is, is rather difficult for others to associate with; as such, he has no romantic interactions with other students, and few friends.
Bio: There isn't much to say about Aimon as far as backstory goes. He's a lazy elf who was sent to Sir Edwards' because his father thought becoming a warrior would help him realize that being lazy was not the way to go. Unfortunately, Aimon is just as lazy in Sir Edwards' as he was back at home. The only real difference is that now he's both lazy and dangerous.

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:17 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Approved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:43 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

I know that you were saying that we could request any species. I totally understand if it doesn't get approved, but would a werewolf character who shape shifts be acceptable, or not?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I've a gifted human race I'd like to plug in.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:07 am 

2nd Year (1)

Love werewolves, so go for it. Though it would still have to be some kind of class :p @Aeromancer

What kind of gifted are we talking? @Nizrindane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:11 am 

1st Year (1)

How about a werewolf class? As far as gifted, I'm thinking maybe gifted in Magic. What do you think?

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:14 am 

Oh, I was going to put in werewolf as race and then pick up a different class if that sounds fair!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 am 

1st Year (1)

Just tossing a thought out. It's like your race is your class.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:39 am 

2nd Year (1)

That does Aero, as there will be many down sides. Many weapons and such are made of sliver haha.

And humans would already be able to use magic.. So I'm not sure what you mean.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 am 

1st Year (1)

Then I may need to work on this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:54 am 

2nd Year (1)

Haha alright, you also may have as many characters as you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:55 am 

1st Year (1)

GoatBoy19 wrote:
Haha alright, you also may have as many characters as you.

Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:56 pm 

Name: Tostum

Race: Werewolf

| +

Appearance: As a werewolf, it goes without saying that Tostum has drastically differing appearances depending on which form he is currently in. When he is in his human state, he looks like a ruddy skinned young man with piercing green eyes.

His long stringy hair is usually kept tied in a relatively loose ponytail. Regardless of this style, some of the strands are usually worn rather freely to the side anyway. He appears to be toned and lean, which is perhaps one of the aspects of his normal persona that give away the fact that he's something else entirely.

The other is that his ears are ever so slightly pointed, which betrays the fact that he indeed does have the beast's affliction, and he generally has a tendency to favor clothing suited for the outdoors.

| +

When he shifts into his beastly state he becomes a hulking black-furred monstrosity with razor-sharp claws and fangs. The fur on his back and the position of his tail can often illustrate just how much he is allowing his wolfish aspect to control him, though the fact that his eyes are the same color in either state give away the fact that this is still him.

While he revels in this wild state and can go power drunk on the ferocious feeling it gives him, he takes his position as a Knight seriously and has worked hard to master control over his abilities. Talismans and other control items are available to him, but he refuses these and relies on force of will as he feels anything else will make him weak and lazy.

Class: Knight

Personality: Despite his intensity and dedication, he's a Knight-class individual and therefore his eccentricities and personality idiosyncrasies are to be somewhat expected.

As one might expect of someone of his race, he has a massive respect for nature and little tolerance for those who don't respect it or use more things than they need to. This has made him live rather frugally to the point that some people might be sort of surprised by the way he lives.

Some of this part of his personality and werewolf clan training has been brought up into the modern world. For instance, he uses a small netbook computer for both school and entertainment, taking the place of the books, magazines, televisions and video game systems others might have.

Other aspects of being a werewolf have a tendency to show up in his day-to-day activities as well. For instance, his resulting adoration of speed has caused him to love rollerblading.

Magic: Lycanthropy is, of course, a magical affliction that allows him to become a beast, and his transformation intensity is of course tied to the phases of the moon. While he usually cannot avoid it when the moon is full, he is in the process of learning to shift at will over time.

Regardless, his is a physical existence and he doesn't work any other magic at all personally. It's assumed that he lacks the ability to learn any as a result of his condition, and he doesn't really regret it at all. He wouldn't change things for the world, and he doesn't mind that he doesn't know any spells.

| +

Armor: Part of his initiation rights into his clan, after first becoming a werewolf, were to slay several monsters that were under the control of an evil sorcerer that had originally terrorized his village long ago. At first he didn't want to do it, because he sort of felt that he was a lot like them, but ultimately considered it an act of self-defense.

Carefully drying out the bones of these monstrosities in the sun allowed him to patch together a coat of armor that is made entirely from bones, and this garment is considered of special importance to him since it's the object that marked the end of his right of passage.

Due to this fact, he's especially concerned he might be wearing it one day, shift into a werewolf and break it all apart, which would be devastating.

Regardless, as a Knight he knows very well it's important to his duties to get suited up for any sort of violent altercation handled in his humanoid state.

Fighting Style: Like everything else, Tostum's fighting style is drastically different depending on his state, since as a beast he fights very close to the violent methods employed by a wild animal.

He's refining his human techniques with his knightly training, though it's naturally difficult for him not to fall into the same exact pattern as a human as he does when he's a werewolf.

Entering the school a bit later has helped him to some degree with this challenge, however, because he has been able to retrain some aspects of himself. Nevertheless, old habits do die hard, and there are some aspects of his more beastly self that could help out in a fight. Of course it could be said that a wolf fights without any fear, so the same must be true of a wolfman in turn, even if said individual is more of a man than a wolf at the present time.

Though all of this makes him rough around the edges, he certainly is a very loyal Knight when it comes down to it.

Relationship: Currently Tostum is single, perhaps because few girls would really want a guy who refers to his ideal relationship as one in which 'we can both really sink our teeth into it.'

Bio: Growing up in a werewolf clan generally means that the members of the clan are purebreds who pass their werewolfism down the line through blood, but Tostum is from a rare example of a clan who does not have a single purebred in it. Rather than be embarrassed by it, they're proud of the fact that it means that they have a difficult time walking the path from human to wolf. They feel they have to work incredibly hard, since a werewolf from the clan must bite each young individual and either cause them to perish right there or instead survive and master their new form.

While he has been progressing fairly well in his training, the decision was ultimately made by his clan to send Tostum to Sir Edwards Academy as sort of a test. If he does well as a representative of the tribe, then he will not only become a very elite knight amongst their ranks, the school will also probably see an influx of additional students applying for it.

If he were to fail, however, then he probably wouldn't want to return home considering the intense embarrassment that comes with that sort of thing!

Misc: Despite the fact that he might be looked at as rather eccentric, it could be said that Tostum actually really does want to fit in. While he might turn people away at times through his behavior, he's actually not trying to. High school can be a rather awkward time for pretty much everyone, and the fact that the school is filled with elite students from various classes has a tendency to make some people but heads from time to time.

It was bound to happen more or less to be honest.

Last edited by Aeromancer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:06 pm 

2nd Year (1)

now that's a character I enjoy reading through! So soon I'll be adding my own character and a few other schools from the other kingdoms. One of these schools will be at war with Sir Edwards, as only natural in this world for a war to break out between kingdoms or even schools. *is having to much fun with this >.>*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:19 pm 

2nd Year (1)

So I am slowly making changes to my first post. I simply put the new stuff down while I think of kingdom names. Please bare with me, and if you would like to spit out some ideas for school names, races, kingdom names or anything! Don't think twice just shoot me a pm or post it here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:33 pm 

Do you want to have a certain number of Kingdoms complete with a certain number of schools? If you did, then I could fill in the blanks so to speak!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Yes there are five kingdoms and five schools. Our school shall be the Qekar kingdom. So in the kingdom ruled by the humans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:00 pm 

If you want, then we could match Saint names to all the schools since you picked St Edward for this one. Does that sound like an idea, or did you want to go in some other direction?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:23 pm 

1st Year (1)

I like that sound of that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 689 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next