All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: H.E.A.R.T
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:32 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It's all good, don't worry, there's no rush anyway. :D

To me, the joy of RP really comes from getting to meet cool people like you guys, so know that I'm chuffed as long as we all still have fun with it! Have a good rest, Zeta~

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 am 

By the power of Grayskull!!

This seems like a pretty interesting roleplay. I'm certainly considering joining. ^___^ I just want to quickly check that the team would have use for the character I have in mind, and work a bit on the details...

John Cena Theme MIDI. Because why not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:28 pm 

Medals: 3
Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

What kind of character you got in mind?

And thanks, Turtle! too bad everything is preventing me from getting said rest X_X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm 

Since thus far all the characters seem to be oriented more towards working on the actual assassination and infiltration, I decided to work my character more towards surveillance and intelligence. (Though I may have taken a bit of inspiration from Wasp's enhanced vision when deciding on the character's skillset, I'll admit - she has the same enhanced vision and her own selection of optical filters.)

She doesn't have any armor or cybernetic enhancements that improve her physical performance - in fact, she's so organic that she just wears baggy clothing and a ski mask when in the field - but is instead equipped with technology and information that allows her to provide support to the more hands-on assassins without actually setting foot in the crime scene. So, basically, she'd be the eyes and ears of their operations, allowing them to focus more on moving forward rather than observing what they'll be meeting when they get there.

I've got most of the basic details down, but I think I'll go over the character's information one more time before I post her information. Even with zero combat ability, I'm convinced that she might be too much of a Mary Sue, or that her backstory is rubbish, or that some of her characteristics make her TOO similar to Wasp... Like with the other guy, this is my first actual roleplay on Creative Freedom, so I wanna make a nice first impression.

Finally, I want to assure you that I am very aware that my character would be jumping into the operation rather late, and I think I've got a good explanation for why.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 pm 

2nd Year (1)

oh! that sounds like a perfectly fine addition. Ghost kind of has scouting ability, but it's minor.

And I perfectly understand wanting to make a good first impression. If you want to shoot me a PM before posting her information, to see if I can help in anyway, I am more than open to that!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 pm 

I wrote a lot of junk for this character - I don't know why - so I've stowed it all away into a bunch of spoilers. I'm uncertain how many of the abilities will be useful and how many are superfluous when considering the sources of information the assassins already have access to, and am willing to edit it before I join the story in order to change this, but until then, here's me character sheet. Enjoy or whatever.

Name: Rana Amirmoez

Code Name: Iris

Backstory (Warning: Kinda Long!) | +
Rana Amirmoez was born blind. Her father, popular but modest police detective and master of disguise Abdul Amirmoez, raised her on the concept that inquisition is the key to truly understanding a concept. And this motto's effects certainly showed - growing up, Rana was obsessive when it came to learning about the world around her, having to rely on the word of others rather than her own useless eyes. Under the teaching of her mother, who homeschooled her, she grew quite clever, though she was still limited by her lack of vision, was much less socially adept than her peers, and developed an even larger rebellious streak than most because she was often overly sheltered by her parents. She grew especially clever as a detective and engineer, and would frequently listen to stories of how, disguised, Detective Amirmoez would dig up the truths behind the cyborg assassinations, which at the time were beginning to become a major problem for law enforcement. For her fifth birthday, she received her pair of mechanical eyes, allowing her to see the world around her for the first time. She spent her first three months with them almost entirely out of the house, revisiting locations from her past five years of life in order to see them for the first time. Then, the next month, though, she became intensely curious as to the properties of her eyes - how did they work? What did they look like? Shortly after fully recovering from her optical surgery, she underwent an experimental, more dangerous surgery to implant a computer into her brain. With it and a wireless webcam, she was able to see and understand the objects that had brought her the ability to see after five years of blindness. She also became adept at moving while looking through a different pair of eyes through these exercises. After another six month spent simply looking and learning, Rana began tinkering with the eyes. At first, it was small adjustments, but as she grew older the improvements became more advanced and more heavily integrated with her computer; when she was seven, she improved the lens quality; when she was nine, she was adding extra filters that allowed her to see infrared light, ultraviolet light, and even x-ray light, to a degree; and, when she was eleven, she had successfully added an interchangeable eye color system, as inspired by one of her father's stories. By this age, it had become common for her to observe her father's work; due to her youth, however, she wasn't allowed to go with him physically, and thus observed from the streets using her advanced vision's various filters. She had also begun downloading blueprints of buildings and criminal databases into her computer brain, and spent her time indoors browsing the data and trying her hand solving crimes. She rarely solved them before her father, of course, but it was good practice. She was convinced that being a detective was the life for her. Then, on her sixteenth birthday, her father was heavily wounded when one of the more novice cyborg assassins arrived to kill a gang kingpin that he was investigating and was forced to dispatch the undercover detective as well. Detective Amirmoez was hospitalized and eventually went comatose. As for Rana, she tracked the assassin using his unconcealed heat signature. Using a disguise that would later become her signature outfit as an assassin, as well as the pseudonym "Iris," she interrogated him under the guise of seeking to join the business. This was how she discovered he was from H.E.A.R.T. At first, Rana was set on toppling H.E.A.R.T.'s business in memory of her father, as well as to get some reward money in order to support her mother; however, as she tracked down one of its members, Whisperer, she discovered through contact with other assassins that there was actually an odd sort of elegance to assassination - justice without justice, selective vigilantism - and her inquisitive nature took over, this time in fierce combination with both her rebelliousness and her love of her mother. She had to give it a try, just once, to see if it was worth it to pursue this career option further when it came to supporting her family until her father recovered. She contacted H.E.A.R.T., once again under her "Iris" pseudonym, offering her unique skills and information sources as an asset, though withholding all information about her father. She has been a member for a little over a year now. Using the funds from her assistance in assassinations in combination with what she's paid for occasional consultant detective work, she provides income for her and her mother's everyday lives, as well as experimental hospital care for her (still comatose) father. Her cluttered schedule means she's sometimes late to missions, but makes up for it with the abilities she brings to the table.

Civilian appearance: Rana is a teenager of Arabic descent, with shoulder-length straight black hair and large emerald eyes which are somewhat obviously bionic but maintain some semblance of realism. She has a thin, almost sickly build from all the time spent indoors, customizing her bionic eyes or working on some of the more difficult cases for the police. She primarily dresses in clothing similar to what her father used to wear - slacks, partially-untucked and crinkled dress shirts, leather loafers - with the addition of a capsule-like MP3 player around her neck.

Assassin appearance: Iris is unique among her peers in H.E.A.R.T. in that she forgoes the usual armor and even a cyborg body, instead preferring clothing that better suits her role of low-profile surveillance and recon. In the field, she dresses in a gray pullover hoodie, baggy gray jeans with patched knees, combat boots, and a gray ski mask. Without the clothing, her unarmored body would easily be visible, and she uses it to camouflage herself. The only visible hint of her cybernetic enhancements are her eyes, bright orange and easily mistaken for luminescent at night. She also carries a glass bottle hidden within a paper bag, a laptop, and a cell phone, which act as "props" to fool passersby.

Weapon: As her specialty is support and recon, her enhancements are limited to her vision and her computer, and her combat experience is nearly nonexistent, Iris has no actual weaponry with which to defend herself. When self-defense is truly necessary, she is reliant entirely on her wits, her implants, and aid from her allies in order to get herself out of scraps. She carries a switchblade on some of the riskier missions, but most of the time closest thing she has to a physical weapon is the aforementioned glass bottle, which is obviously a very shoddy weapon when trying to be stealthy.

Major Abilities (Also Kinda Long!) | +
Iris' defining traits come in the form of her namesake eyes and her brain, and what they can do in tandem. Using advanced zooming lenses and various custom-designed filters, she is able to size up situations and locate targets from outside of buildings. Of course, those sort of lenses are only so useful from a distance; so she is also capable of keeping tabs on her allies by seeing through their eyes, through tiny button cameras that they can stick on walls or in corners, or even through building surveillance footage if she's lucky, all via encrypted camera feed - when in need of extra details, she can request that Wasp use her own enhanced vision to get a closer look at their surroundings, or that Smiles climb to a high point and get a nice angle on the area. She can also share the video feed with allies when necessary. And, last but not least, she frequently updates a separate hard drive within her brain containing a variety of information sources ranging from blueprints to criminal databases, under the guise of studying or police work. With this information, she is able to access relevant data on locations in the city or people on the street with merely a thought, without risk of her being caught hacking online government databases during missions. Unfortunately, these abilities come at a price; in order to best blend in on the street and conceal her job from her mother and her father's coworkers, she is still almost entirely organic, and thus is much less durable or powerful when compared to the bodies of her peers.

Minor Abilities: She can play puzzle games in her brain, and often does this when she's really bored and hasn't got any cases. Like Ghost and Wasp, she can record footage and audio, and like Smiles, she can alter her voice, though her range of distortion options is much smaller as she's limited to real-sounding voices in order to maintain her disguises.

Last edited by monstermanchego on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:53 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

For what it's worth, she's not like Wasp at all! She's not like either the character that's here or the Marvel one for that matter, haha. I'm actually really glad that you wrote such a unique and long backstory to be honest. You clearly put a ton of thought into her.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 am 

No need to worry, monstermanchego, Rana's totally a unique character, and someone who I imagine will be a great asset to the team since she brings a different skill to the table, just like all the others ;)
Looking forward to seeing everyone work together in RP. Now we're a party of five, how exciting!

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:14 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Yeah, everything about her seems totally good! I like her! She's going to be a great addition to the team, I bet, and I do greatly enjoy her backstory!

I do ask you change a line, nothing major, however.

Detective Amirmoez would dig up the truths behind the cyborg assassinations, which at the time were only just on the rise.

Going from her age, cyborg assassinations would have been happening for around a decade at that point. Maybe change it to "which at the time were beginning to become a major problem to law enforcement"?

speaking of! If I were to do a write up on the timeline for the setting's advancement of technology, would any of you guys be interested in it?

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Oh, I would be interested in a timeline! I love delving into the details of other people's worlds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:50 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Well, in that case, I'll write one up! Eventually!

and that post sure didn't take me too long nope. Sorry if Ghost was a bit rude to Smiles, Cotton! I mean nothing by it, he just took her by surprise and she. doesn't like those.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:54 pm 

Oh, I have absolutely no problem with it! Let their emotions flow, eh? >:p It's not like they run a charity organization that saves puppies or something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm 

Yeah, I wasn't completely certain as to for how long cyborg assassinations were popular when I was writing that up. I'll quickly hop back and edit that. Regardless, thanks for having me. And, also, a timeline of technological advancement would actually be pretty dang useful. I'd love it if that were a thing, but feel free to take your time.

I should have my first post up by tomorrow afternoon at latest. Again, it's gonna be pretty long, but I'll try to see if I can cut it down in some spots - a lot of it is probably character development that could just as easily be conveyed in later posts through different, more interesting circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:52 am 

To be perfectly honest, I was surprised how nicely everyone was treating my character thus far. Not that I'm complaining of course! I just figure that these people aren't the boy scouts if you know what I mean, eheh!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 am 

Wasp cooperates on missions, but give it a few weeks with the team and they'll probably realise she's a terrible friend to have and hate her, haha.

If only H.E.A.R.T funded their campaigns through getting their members to sell door-to-door cookies and puppy-eye people for spare change xD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:52 am 

My post is up. As you can see, Georgie isn't the most stable person.

Post subject: Re: H.E.A.R.T (OOC)
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:22 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Guys you're ruining the twist! mid way though they WERE going to become a cookie selling and puppy saving organization! Now I gotta rewrite the entire plot.

And oh man Georgie is crazy, that's gonna get interesting down the line, I can tell. Really interested on seeing what you're going to do with him, Cotton!

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:33 pm 

What a ball of fun Georgie is, must be fun to sit in his head and hear him think.

And I KNEW IT. H.E.A.R.T is the name of a good hearted charity for adoptable animals, for sure! *^*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm 

Georgie commenting the group as a 'gong show' makes me think of the team secretly being a sideshow circus group or something. Our code names would definitely fit the circumstance if it were to arise, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 pm 

Haha, I love how Shark's response to Wasp is like 'wow you're a woman after my own heart, I'd love to help you inject them with toxin.'

Wasn't the Gong Show an amateur hour television show? Was that the reference?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next