All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:10 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

there's always dan's reaction to lucas (:

he needs attention

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:13 am 

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"He needs attention"

Lie, you sound like a soccer mom.

This is the best I could come up with for payback for the tumblr thing xD

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:01 am 

Also, for their strategy to get into Lumina, I was thinking they would have to ambush a group of people heading towards Lumina, because I doubt they could pass off as upcoming citizens in their current clothes. Maybe they would take some ID card or something. It would raise moral questions, cause guilt and stuff, but they'd decide it was necessary. The HQ could've been tracking messengers of Lumina who were sent out to give citizenship to people in the Borderlands.

Or they could just attack gate patrol guards. They would have to train a lot during the trip, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 pm 

If we are assuming that the security and surveillance of Lumina is as high as we've made it out to be, then I'm not certain any sort of frontal attack would be wise. Granted, of the three choices that were presented, it is a possibility. Although, there'd certainly be no incentive for them to keep our group alive. A combat approach would probably yield a combat result. At which point, the question is, are our characters strong enough?

If they are strong enough to breach the walls in a frontal assault, then I'm not sure that would play well with the rest of the story you guys set up. Why not just take the city then and there, considering they'd be pretty damned strong.

Personally, I love the idea of being forced into an unknown maze underground, only to finally emerge (after much trial and tribulation, of course), silently within the confines of the city. Seeing as how it was my post that actually sort of set up the whole tactical situation in the first place, I'll go with whatever you guys decide on doing. Hell, there's still room for many different tactical scenarios to occur.

:D

By the way, I guess you could say I'm feeling particularly **** today. The withdrawal symptoms not withstanding, I accidentally ingested a bit of Hydrogen Peroxide today. Not good. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 pm 

I love that idea too ^~^

Sorry to hear about the withdrawal and the Hydrogen Peroxide D: I really hope you get better soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 pm 

Recruiter (1)

Both of you raise interesting points, however, one thing I've been trying to strategize and sketch my way out of is how exactly they'll manage to blend in as citizens while they're in the city. Lie's solves that issue, but also presents the ones mentioned by Druid. I was thinking maybe combining the two? Possibly by going with Druid's idea, followed by ambushing a patroller (lightly armed, since they mainly are out to send people home when they're out after curfew and call for backup if needed) or maybe some citizens who are out too late when they reach the city. Opinions and suggestions open, of course!

Also, hydrogen peroxide? Sounds terrible! Feel better soon!

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:21 pm 

Well, we could also have a "failed" raid on a patrol entering the city. The attempt to storm the guards, as heavily armed and trained as they are, fails spectacularly, and the 4 amigos are forced to flee and lay low for a while.

Having failed the frontal assault, however, the group might then be forced into the underground route, etc, etc. Interestingly enough, you bring up that the group could then ambush a more lightly armed patrol group inside the city. The first "failed" raid would have been good practice, and the group might be able to take out the inside patrol troop much more easily, you know?

Also, there's one other thing. Gerhard and Lucas have to, at some point, experience a falling out of sorts on this journey. What better time for that than after a "failed" strategy, presumably Lucas's idea? I imagine Gerhard wouldn't be too pleased that the group's leader put them in such a dangerous situation.

Que the inevitable falling out, argument, and awesome fight scene. o_O The whole combining the two approaches strikes me as a super cool idea, then, Omnia. Very cool!

By the way, I wouldn't recommend drinking Hydrogen Peroxide. Wouldn't recommend it at all. Blech. !sick

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:36 am 

Recruiter (1)

Okay, then. So we'll see what the others think, then.

On another note, it would seem that the Summer of Constant Free Time has ended. I believe that Lie might be skipping, which puts me back to simply editing a bit more into my post xD I'm fine with that, I'll probably just do a time skip, but seeing how I have a school thing tomorrow(I don't know why I'm even awake), it may have to wait a bit.

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 pm 

Same here. The fall semester is upon us. :(

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 pm 

Recruiter (1)

Edited some more into my post! Up for absolutely anyone who can reply at this point.

Assuming the HQ is in present-day Sedona, AZ, they're now in the Flagstaff region, which is about a 29 mile trip, which is perfect for 12-14 hours on horseback.

Also, some references for you guys. I mainly just use these for Thea, but just in case they end up useful for any of you, I thought I'd put them here.

Survival Tips, Tracking, Trapping- http://ltsurvival.tumblr.com Warning, I will scroll through this page for DAYS, and it will almost always convince me that I should start practicing my packing density methods so I can be prepared for a sudden government collapse

Knife Throwing- I use a lot of my own experience, but I learn the majority of my stuff from this guys and I use him for reference https://www.youtube.com/user/knifethrower72194/videos oh and here's a visual reference as to Thea's little grip-changing tick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2so-mJkknX4

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:23 pm 

All right. I'll get a post up by tommorrow, then. Thanks for the resources, Omnia.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:40 pm 

Recruiter (1)

No problem! And no rush, either. Just trying to keep OOC active

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:07 pm 

This whole time I was waiting on an update and I didn't realize that you had posted ;-; *Hides under bed*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:43 pm 

Post up!

Everyone, let's work real hard to keep this RP alive. It's one of the most fun ones I've participated in in a long time. :D

Also, I hope Thea likes what I wrote, Omnia. !snicker

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:45 pm 

Recruiter (1)

Oh, sorry if you just heard a muffled scream in the distance. I'm fine. I think.

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:04 pm 

So is it my turn now?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:05 pm 

Recruiter (1)

Yeah, sure

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 pm 

Omnia wrote:
Oh, sorry if you just heard a muffled scream in the distance. I'm fine. I think.

Was that what that was? Huh.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 pm 

Sorry sorry sorry I'll crank out the post as soon as possible. Truthfully, I've just been procrastinating for the past three days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:48 pm 

Thank you, Lie. I can't tell you just how happy this makes me. Now I won't have to pay those thugs I hired to break your little legs! =D

Wait... did I just say that out loud? !scared

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next