All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Wait, you hired them too? So THATS why they told me it's cheaper in bulk...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:35 pm 

Lie. Gerhard did not say "I was tired of Lucas's snore, anyway" out loud. He thought it. It was in his head. No vocalization. I'll roll with it this time.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:31 pm 

Oops. I should really read it more carefully. In a rush because I wanted to get the post done as soon as possible so you guys didn't have to wait.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:24 pm 

Thank you, Lie. I'm sorry for responding so hastily. My apologies.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:05 pm 

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Planned on posting today, but after the first day of school and a surprise session of moving old furniture out of the house and new furniture in, I honestly can hardly stay awake. On the bright side, I got a brand new laptop, so no more Windows Vista for me. I'll be posting at some point tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 pm 

Better a high quality post later than a low quality post now. Get some rest, Omnia, and thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:58 pm 

Recruiter (1)

Thanks for understanding. So sorry for the extremely long wait, I was slammed with projects and such this first week, but I promise to post either later tomorrow or Friday. Sorry again.

"We were freaks -- lobster-claw boys and bearded ladies, oddities juggling depression and loneliness, playing solitaire, spin the bottle, trying to kiss the wounded parts of ourselves and heal, but at night, while the others slept, we kept walking the tightrope. It was practice, and yes, some of us fell. But I want to tell them that all of this is just debris left over when we finally decide to smash all the things we thought we used to be, and if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and signed it yourself, 'They were wrong.'"~Shane Koyczan, To This Day

Listen to To This Day

Last edited by Omnia on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:37 pm 

Thank you, Omnia. T_T
*slowly climbs down from the noose*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:03 am 

Recruiter (1)

Posted! I feel bad, because you guys waited over a week for a 5 line post. But, well, it's posted now, so we can finally move on! I'll definitely be lengthening them as I get back in it, though.

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:43 am 

I may take a few days to respond, I'm currently in Orlando with indoor skydiving and all that terrifying stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:23 pm 

I just saw the post. I can work with this. :D Is it OK if I go before Natu this time? I'll be able to get my post up by tomorrow, and I want to respond to Omnia's post. !psychotic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:25 pm 

I don't mind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:30 pm 

Recruiter (1)

I'm chill with it.

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm 

My post is up.

I had originally intended to introduce a nice piece of lore into the backstory, something to do with events before the great inundation. As I wrote the post, however, I started to feel that Gerhard maybe was deviating too much from the planned schedule of events. That's never really a good idea when it comes to RP's, and splitting up this little group separation into multiple posts would risk derailing the RP. So, I decided better of it.

Still, something may come of it. I wrote the post so that Gerhard might be amenable to explaining the lore at a later time, if other characters were so interested.

In any case, how many rounds would we like to interact with each other on the way to our destination? Gerhard has already mentioned in an earlier post that the group was actually moving farther north than the planned trajectory, which would put them on a course towards Gerhard's trading post and the surrounding villages and stuff.

I figure after 2 or 3 more rounds, the group might suddenly notice that they are veering off course. Gerhard would at that point be able to explain where they are, and suggest taking up lodgings for a bit at his outpost. But I don't want to exactly force this, so I'm just putting it out there for discussion.

As far as the navigational abilities of the various members are concerned, I get the feeling that Theadora is extremely skilled at navigating through short term terrain and obstacles. Stealth is her specialty. Gerhard isn't nearly as good as basic survival navigation, like moving stealthy and crossing difficult terrain, but his long distance geographical knowledge makes him an excellent at strategic movements across the land. Well, at least I like to think so. :D

I know that everyone is doing their thing. Thea has school, and Dan is at some park/waterslide place, I think. I'm not sure what Lie Ren's schedule is like, but I'm sure it's formidable, etc, etc. In any case, though, I just want to let you guys know that I'm in this for the long haul. As far as I am capable of doing so, I will strive to see this RP finished. Thanks for coming up with this awesome campaign, guys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:11 pm 

Recruiter (1)

First off, yeah, two or three more rounds sounds good to me. Also, probably an obvious answer, BUT will Gerhard's daughter be involved at all? Because Thea is awkwardly terrible with children and God, her interacting with a kid is something I need in my life.

Second, I'm actually really glad I portrayed Thea's short term navigational abilities so well, and if I didn't, I'm glad someone could pick up on it. Yep, you pretty much nailed it. Seeing how she's lived the majority of her life within the same twenty square miles, it would make sense that her long-term navigation would be lacking.

Third, seeing how I do have school, the average out-of-state GPA for acceptance at Berkeley (one of the top Psychology schools in the country) is above 3.8, and I'm taking the ACTs every chance I get until I get above a 32, the weekends will probably be best for me. I can still post during the week, but it my be a slight rarity. You don't have to worry about me dropping out, though. Lie and I spent a week, including many long nights, planning this, and I'm not letting it go. For one, it's insanely fun. Also, I don't know if I could handle the crushing guilt of abandoning you guys. So, yeah. Hoping this one gets finished, and praying the run is long and enjoyable for everyone.

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:52 pm 

With respect to Gerhard's daughter being involved, it depends on what you mean by "involved". She'll definitely be around when the group is at the outpost, but Gerhard is not about to let his daughter participate in the official mission. She's the world to him, and there's no way in hell that he'd think about putting her in danger.

Having said that, however, his attitude might change once he's given political immunity from prosecution and complete access to Lumina facilities via his grandfather. It's not out of the question that she might end up getting involved, albeit it remains to be seen just how that may occur.

Now then, I didn't know that you were aiming at such a prestigious university, Omnia. Berkeley is famous as a computer science school, although I'm not sure what major you intend to pursue over there. Continue to work really hard, Omni, and good luck! :D

Also, I'm glad I was fairly on track with Thea's short term navigation skills. It definitely shows in her character. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 pm 

Hurmm...

what did those thugs say about buying in bulk, again?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 pm 

Sorry I'll post! *Runs away with keyboard*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:22 pm 

Recruiter (1)

To-Do List:

Wash clothes

Study

Buy milk

Hire Druid as my personal intimidator

Listen to To This Day

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:33 pm 

Sorry for the bad quality, I wrote it on my phone while walking around :p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next