All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:40 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I went into, and then out of, the Gate of Babylon. Which they show happening, albeit with a character other than Gilgamesh, in one of the recent Unlimited Blade Works episodes. The portal isn't one way, after all. Oh, and then Claire put Gilgamesh through the mental equivalent of a german suplex and a choke hold, putting Warren back in control of his body.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:49 pm 

Frustrated

Blog: View Blog (1)

Ah okay. . .

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:01 pm 

So this is what it feels like...

Yeah, no, that doesn't actually work. Regardless if the Lady of Pain is a god or not, Warren is under the effects of Avalon, and actually has it activated this time. Ain't no power in the 'verse that can touch him with magic no more. Heck, ain't no power in this reality that can touch him with magic, because he's shielded from this reality right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:38 am 

Frustrated

WalpurgisNacht wrote:
So this is what it feels like...

Yeah, no, that doesn't actually work. Regardless if the Lady of Pain is a god or not, Warren is under the effects of Avalon, and actually has it activated this time. Ain't no power in the 'verse that can touch him with magic no more. Heck, ain't no power in this reality that can touch him with magic, because he's shielded from this reality right now.

Well then I"m sorry. I should have not allowed Gilgamesh to be in this role play. There are too many things for me to defend against in the OP rules to list. Gilgamesh cannot be an invincible get whatever I want butthole. The entire role play has only been about the GM and Gilgamesh.

I wanted it to be about the Multiverse. Hands up if you want this role play to continue anyone, if anyone is still here.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 am 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

Blog: View Blog (3)

I want it to continue. ^^

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:38 am 

I'm good to go, though I was waiting for an answer to my earlier question. Are baraka, Sheeva and Kano escaping together and which was William chasing?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:37 am 

I still want it to continue. I really like the concept of this game. But I didn't get Avalon from Gilgamesh. Avalon is from Arturia, since, you know, she's King Arthur. And the only rules I see in the OP for character picking is that you can't be of planet breaking levels or higher, and you can't permanently absorb other's powers, though apparently stealing them is fine. And Warren can do neither of those things. Hell, there are a lot of limits on the powers I have, but you've been doing things that are really just trivially easy to get out of.

But you want to know who can do things that are apparently against the rules?

Jacob. He can create and destroy planets. He can steal powers. So unless the DMPC is exempt from the rules of the game, he shouldn't be allowed.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:45 am 

I do very much wish the game to be continued.

Avalon is not a sustained barrier. It's "perfect" defense operate by generating a planar boundary two meters around yourself. Secondly, Avalon's active form only lasts for a few seconds; this is the reason why in her own fight against Gilgamesh she had to time its activation perfectly to avoid getting killed by Ea. Thirdly, it's activated form is kinda obvious; what with surroundings you in a 2 meter diameter field of golden light and all which is why it leaves you immobile while it's running. So while it could certainly protect him for a few seconds from the Lady of Pain; you do need to activate it as a response to the attack not as a preventive measure, and she'd be able to tap you the moment it runs out. Lastly, it's something that can only be used a handful of times per day due to it's ridiculous mana costs. Converting Avalon's Active power into DnD mechanics it works as thus, as explained in the series:

DnD Conversion | +
Avalon (Su): The sheath of Excalibur, Avalon gives near-immortality to its wielder. Once per day as an immediate action, Saber transports to a safe place on the astral plane for up to one round (until the next occurrence of the initiative count when the power was used). At the end of the full round or when dismissed (a free action), she reappears in the spot she was in when she activated the ability. If that square is occupied, she reappears in the closest unoccupied square, determined randomly if there are multiple. Treat this ability as a Plane Shift with a caster level equal to her class level. Saber gains one additional use per day per 10 Hit Dice.

As you can see, it's certainly a powerful defense that would be able of rendering Warren untargetable for a round; but not something that's intrinsically broken by it's nature since it's supposed to make it so the user can't interact or otherwise act agaisnt the world while it's active, and it has very few uses and a short duration. But by it's very nature, it also can't do much more than buy you a few extra seconds against something like the Lady of Pain...

This is due to the fact that in DnD the Lady of Pain isn't a character; she's a Narrative Law, and by design is capable of overcoming anything within the multiverse as she's the protector of it's heart. As written nothing in the universe can be more powerful than her, as she's the bar everything else compares itself against; the GM handbook for her literally states the only way something can attack her, is if they amuse her enough to not be annihilated with a thought. Something that applies to even the greatest threats in the various DnD settings.

This is due to the fact that from a simple narrative standpoint, if something can overpower the Lady of Pain than the multiverse is already screwed to hell. Game over, thanks for playing. If the Lady of Pain says you're trapped for ever, you're trapped forever; even the Elder God of Portals couldn't escape from her. Even the Elder god of Magic, who designed an entire millennial long scheme to take her out, in the end was instantly destroyed (with no hope of resisting) by her deciding her patience had run out. There was no fight, no clash of the ages for the safety of the multiverse; she looked at him, and he died. Permanently.

THe only reason you can escape from her maze, is if she allows it. The only reason you don't die, is because she doesn't want to kill you. There is no Save, no chance to block or resist, and no effort expended on her side. Her only "Weakness" is that she won't leave Sigil, and that's because protecting the heart of the universe is more important than everything else.

Jacob's Souls | +
The Creator: He isn't God. And Innindo's explenation may be at fault for giving that idea. The Creator is closer to an Epic level Monster with Epic Level Wizard levels. When it says he "made" the World, he did it using advanced rituals and technology so advanced it may as well have been magic; more over doing this was it's entire life's work, not something he did on a whim with a flick of his wrist. While he is most certainly capable of beating entities like Bahamut through brute force due to his powerful spells and bodies, that's not the point behind him. The Creator is a Scientist and an Artificer, but even his greatest creations The Crystals took ages to create using materials that frankly no longer exist; and would take just as long to recreate. He's also not evil; he's just a researcher experimenting, and looking for new knowledge. He only becomes the big bad in his game when he realizes that the world has the potential to become a danger to the multiverse, and as it's creator he takes the responsibility to stop it from reaching that point.

Shinnok: He's a god of the Netherworld and Darkness; basicly an Epic Level Shadowmancer/Necromancer. He can raise dead, manipulate darkness, and he's a cunning manipulator. As a god he has super human strength and endurance, and is very skilled in martial arts. Thanks to his shapeshifting and Shadowmancy he can mimic other people's powers and styles, but only so long as it's something within his purview. i.e. It's an ability based on a person's physiology, black magic, or an effect he can simulate via shadowmancy and undeath/ghost stuff; and even then there's a limit to how far he can push his mimicry. And even then, he isn't actually stealing a person's powers, nor is it even Mimicry in the magicla since; just using his own powers to fake their's (such as using shadow fire to mimic a fire ball), so it's all stuff his powers can do any way he's just being a show off about how he does it to demoralize is enemy. In short, he mimics them; but he doesn't Copy there powers.

He cannot replicate equipment, nor can he mimic abilities intrinsic to a person's spirit (Kairi's magic), nor powers outside his purview such as Rose's Heart Magic or anything holy for example. This is because he was evil and selfish to a T.

Malthael: As an Angel of Wisdom he has permanent True Seeing, and a wide array of divination based spell-like abilities, as well as way to counter similar ones. As an Angel of death he can manipulate spiritual energy, posses people like a ghost, raise the dead, and typically do anything a epic Necromancer can; with an added slice of cold and shadow manipulation, and more fine control over his powers. Unlike Shinnok who uses magical bruteforce, and so has far less flexibility in what he can do despite his power. He can also quite skilled at Fire magic, and is a master scythe wielder. Certainly powerful, but nothing to raise alarms about; and even then only became a bad guy because he saw Human's as impure beings tainted by evil, which had to be cleansed before they could endanger existence.

Evan: Doesn't bring much new to the table beyond Hulk levels of toughness and endurance, and the ability to gain power through the prayers of others. He is also quite evil, moving on

Malygos: The Sorceror to The Creator's Wizard. He's the most straightforward of them all! He's an Elder Wyrm who can cast like an Epic Level Sorceror. That's it. Pretty simple really, but he does balance out The Creator's ritualistic magic with better spontanous casting. But in the end, he doesn't bring anything new to the table; just rounds out his power set. He also only attacked the mortal races because he believed that mortal magic users were a potential threat to the safety of his kind.

Thus none of Jacob's souls break the power cap of "don't nuke the world" Hell, most of these guys (especially the Creator) would have loved to be able to do just that and make their problems go away. Their names and positions make them seem game breaking, but they really aren't once you actually sit down and look at what their actually capable of, in comparison to everyone else. In short, Jacob is fine as is; but we really should get him some therapy, and try to have Rose and Mistreya renew and reinforce his faith in Humanity every so often. If any one can keep him from snapping it's the Princess of Light and the Precure; after all, they're both Chosen by Kingdom Hearts, so they got this. :P

That said, it is seems that a lack of proper comparison and contrast between the scales and powers being invoked is at the root of the problem here; as both Innindo and Walpurgis have more or less turned the last several posts into a contest of One Up manship that can be summed up as "Yeah-Ha", "Na-Ah", "Yeah-Ha", "Na-Ah", ect ad infinitum. Simply because Innindo states he can't do something, and then Walpurgis goes against the GM's Ruling and tries to do it any way. It'd be one thing if you came here before hand, or sent Innindo a PM, asking for why he says you can't do this; and then discussing your plan with him to see if that can work or not. Heck, he even outright said your Genie plan could work; but that the spell would go off after a short story arc he had planned for you. However, then you go and just ignore everything he said, and then proceed to write yourself out of the situation without checking with the GM if it was possible.

I understand that you are frustrated, but doing this (ignoring the GM when he gives you an answer) needlessly antagonizes the other person; you're insulting him, by just flat out ignoring his rulings to get your way. Yet by the same vein, Innindo perhaps could ahve explained the situation a bit clearer to you; to help you understand that he wasn't just going "lol no" to make you feel bad about your character, to help you understand that their was a good reason why this was happening. Thus resulting in a self-perpetuating cycle of aggrevation This conflict that I've seen play out for the last weak has been tearing and wearing down both of you to the point that this hostility is now bleeding into the OOC in both directions.

This friction between you two has gotten to the point that several players have outright stated on multiple occasions that they're afraid of posting and getting caught up in it. Which is a red flag for everyone.

But this is behind us now. Warren is in control again, and the rest of his souls are going to be keeping an eye on Gilgamesh from now on, so we can move on. We all want to enjoy this game, we all want to enjoy writing with one another and developing our character's through this narrative.

We want this to play out and see what awaits us at the end of this adventure, so can we please do what we all want and have some fun together? Can we please just talk things out with one another when we disagree instead of butting heads 'till one of us runs out of patience, start snipping at each other OOCly or, god forbid, rage quits because of the other? Please?

Do it for the corgi

Last edited by Regalus on Fri May 15, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:40 pm 

Frustrated

I'll do it for the Corgi. I would appreciate Regalus as GM, since he has the perfect username, and a fine logical process of mind to go with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 pm 

*blinks*

Well, this is a first; and rather unexpected. So what, you want me to help Co-GM the game?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:18 pm 

Frustrated

Regalus wrote:
*blinks*

Well, this is a first; and rather unexpected. So what, you want me to help Co-GM the game?

Yes. You point out my mistakes in a respectful way, and are respectful to Walpurgis as well. At the same time you rally the banner for all the players to stay so we can enjoy the RP the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:11 pm 

Well...alright.

I humbly accept this station, and swear to do my best to ensure we all enjoy our time together. n_n

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:20 pm 

Frustrated

Regalus wrote:
Well...alright.

I humbly accept this station, and swear to do my best to ensure we all enjoy our time together. n_n

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:11 pm 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

Blog: View Blog (3)

*Ghetto voice* Yasssss, whose gonna post next though?

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:59 pm 

Frustrated

Someone please post.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 pm 

Well, Inindo, i would like to post but i need a few questions answered.
1) Are Baraka, Kano and Sheeva still in the area?
2) Are they escaping together or separately?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:56 pm 

Frustrated

Assurau wrote:
Well, Inindo, i would like to post but i need a few questions answered.
1) Are Baraka, Kano and Sheeva still in the area?
2) Are they escaping together or separately?

My aplogies. . . No. . . Baraka and the other two named characters are running away.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:59 pm 

is interception still possible?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:01 pm 

Frustrated

What do you mean interception?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:03 pm 

I was planning on capturing at least one of them inorder to get the reason behind the attack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next