All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Backstory: In the city of Metroville, there was once a superhero known as Omegaman. He would traverse the city's skies and underworld in various ways, defeating nefarious villains such as the toxin-crazed Red Viper, the viking serial killer ExterminaThor, and heartless organizations like the Pantomime. However, a new threat recently arose in Metroville: The Fragmenter. A true mastermind of chaos with the ability to shatter whatever he touches, he and Omegaman faced off in an epic duel on the city's rooftops. The resulting battle did indeed see the Fragmenter thrown from thirty stories high and into the shallow, cold river, (because that totally kills comic book characters without fail) but not before Omegaman had been infected with a fragmentation virus. The greatest superhero of the world... Was broken.

You wake up, and have no f*cking clue why you know all this. You have an apartment, furniture, unpaid bills and phone calls from pesky family members, and a set of memories as well. But you know, for a certainty, that you are a recently-created persona, a part of Omegaman. You also know you have one - and only one - of his old superpowers. And for some reason... You know that you can once again become whole, if you can find the other powers and the toold to restore the balance - the Scales of Libra. You feel a strong urge to go out and do exactly that. An incomprehensibly strong urge. You also feel like some coffee, because you feel like a train wreck.

So! Here it goes. Now, I want the participants to all agree on which superpower they would like to have. I will control the universe and determine how your surroundings react to your actions. As a GM, there will be three factors determining your character's success.

1: The soundness of your character's actions. If your character does something they clearly are able to, and which makes sense to do, that helps a lot. But it is not the defining factor.
2: Elaboration. Detail how, why, when, where, and with whom your character is acting (and use the right onomatopoeia), and you're all the more likely to impress me and succeed in your actions. But this isn't the most important bit either!
3: Witty one-liners! If you can deliver a fitting and funny one-liner while your character is trying to act, success is almost certain, no matter how far-fetched. Snappy comebacks, well-placed quips, or particularly badass lines will be greatly rewarded. Note that, since this is supposed to be a comic book, try to keep it clean. BUT, if you can crack a joke that can ALSO be read as a dirty one, big points.

Post your desired superpowers. Your character may only have one, but you can post two or three that you're willing to play as. Once you've all agreed on which single power shall be held by each player, I shall toss up a character sheet and we can get going!

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

I wish to wield the power of..... FLIGHT!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:12 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Superpower then... how about a weedy little man with unmatched martial arts proficiency and nothing else?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:13 pm 

1st Year (1)

For a particular character of mine, I gotta go with Super Strength.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Mmmh... That's a skill, not a superpower. It could work, so keep it in the back of your head, and try to come up with some new stuff as well. A weedy little guy who's simply indestructible could also be fun, for example.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am 

Contest Winner (1)

indestructible wimp! sounds like a plan!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:41 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Okay, so one with flight, one with super strength, and a whimpy little **** who just happens to be invincible. Are we missing anyone?

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:07 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Hahaha ****'s a funny word XD

My Character's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:55 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Okay! Pay close attention, for here is your character sheet!

Name: Beta (power)
Cover name:
Nickname:
Biological age:
Personality:
"Implanted past" (Bio):
Quirks: (List at least two)
Other:

Your characters may be proficient, but not unbeatable, in a SINGLE martial arts practise or a SINGLE non-lethal weapon stance. Tranquilizer guns are acceptable but discouraged (Mainly because of their ineffectiveness)

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Name: Honey (Flight)

Cover name: Wendy Williams

Nickname: Honey

Biological age: 23

Appearance: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 71e370.jpg

Personality: Dumb, bubbly, quirky, sweet. Very scary when angered.

Bio: After the separation, Honey is now living in an apartment with her cat. She has a job as a waitress and kind of enjoys it. She gets hit on multiple times a day but has no clue why (She's VERY stupid). She was "born" into a rich family, but when she knew how snobby the were, she left and decided to be on her own to live her own life.

Quirks: Her stupidity, and accident prone

I hope this is alright... Having a hard time with her bio....

My Character's

Last edited by LadyAsriel on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:10 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Looks like the name could use some elaboration:
Name (in this case) is Beta Flight.
The cover name is the secret identity.
And the nickname can be like a superhero code name.

A short bio is fine. But it would be nice if you added some things that your character would say about herself when she's asked about her past.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Name: Beta invulnerable
Cover name: Johann Steele
Nickname:The ridiculously unkillable loser
Biological age: 24

Appearance: He stands at just over 1M65 tall. He has long hair that is a dirty shade of blonde. he has green eyes and a brownish complexion. He is usually clothed in hand-me-downs he buys on the cheap or digs up from garbage dumps.
Personality:Jaded to the extreme due to the impossible run of bad luck that his life is, he incessantly broods over his problems, to the point where it has overtakne his feeble attempts at fixing said problems.

"Implanted past" (Bio):His past is a laughable cascade of bad events. His parents were killed while he was young. He grew up on the streets and was raised by a ganger, who was also killed, and due to the lack of any sort of education, he also never got himself a job.

Quirks: Uncaring about most bad things that happen to him, he's completely indestructible after all.
Seemingly constantly followed by bad luck. If he isn't getting mugged by a street gang, he's captured by the government for experimentation or other such ludicrous contrivances.
Other:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:54 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Marvellous. I think we'll add a passage from the government somewhere, where a doctor stated the difficulty of getting a hold of a blood sample, with an angry senator's note that they were not trying hard enough. Beta Invincible (I think that'd be better) is accepted!

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

I'm excited for this.

My Character's