Post subject: Re: Detective Agency OOC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Could work.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

If we find one better I'll use the better one :) I'll look some more tomorrow evening. I'm off to bed for the night *hugs* Nighty night. Thank you for your help :) I always find having an image helps me figure the character better.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm 

Sort of back.

Great! Have a great night. I'll probably be going soon as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:56 am 

Medals: 5
Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Haha, I laughed when I thought of Esha having a sort of obsession with Lance. I hope she's ready for a lot of frustration.

I googled up pics of Hugh Jackman in a suit and found this, maybe it's more period appropriate?

http://www.imgur.com/yYQAuT9.png (I couldn't get it to embed, I'm on mobile and it's on the large side apparently)

You can find pics without a hat too. Sorry if this kind of comes across as rude or something, just wanted to help if I could.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:58 am 

Sort of back.

Looks really great, I hope Fain likes it. I'm kinda swamped at work, haven't had the time to look it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:54 pm 

Doodleniks wrote:
Haha, I laughed when I thought of Esha having a sort of obsession with Lance. I hope she's ready for a lot of frustration.

I googled up pics of Hugh Jackman in a suit and found this, maybe it's more period appropriate?

http://www.imgur.com/yYQAuT9.png (I couldn't get it to embed, I'm on mobile and it's on the large side apparently)

You can find pics without a hat too. Sorry if this kind of comes across as rude or something, just wanted to help if I could.

Not rude at all. I'm glad you chimmed in to help out Doodleniks. I was asking for help in general, so your help is appreciated, I do like it!!! I really like it. If Shadow Lady is ok with it then that is the image I'll use!

the code to imbed a large image is
Code:
[rimg]http://www.imgur.com/yYQAuT9.png[/rimg]

It'll automatically resize the image with the 'r' in there. :)

Thank you again for the image I appreciate it! I just love Hugh Jackman =D XD !adore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:57 pm 

Sort of back.

I'm perfectly okay with it =)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:16 pm 

coolio! I'll go ahead and use the image and make the char first thing tomorrow. I am just done in for the night. Been a long week...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool, I'll work on the IC as soon as I have all of the chars. You rest, young lady.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 am 

Name: Nikolai Anthony Blake

Description:
  • Skin Tone: lightly tanned, white
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Hair Colour: Dark brown almost black
  • Eye Colour: Vibrant green with brown spiralling through
  • Build: He is tall, muscular and ruggedly handsome.
  • Scars: Nikolai bears some scars that most couldn't see from a past he doesn't speak of to anyone unless he trusts them implicitly.
  • Appearance: Raised at the back of his fathers hand and haunted by the memories of his mother's murder Nikolai hides the past behind a white button down shirt, a pantsuit of black, a nice had and a look of professionalism. The hard cold man hides behind a veil of respectability in his appearance. His hairs a little longer then fashionable. A hint of stubble on his face and thick sideburns define his jawline. His eyes are hard and cold, looking at the darkness of the world and seeing it's truth.

Personality:
Nikolai is no sugar flower. He's crude, blunt and he doesn't give two shits what you think about him, reality or how he talks. He is not going to just conform to what someones delicate senses can handle, if they don't want to hear what he has to say they can just leave! He's not looking to play nice, or make anyone feel fuzzy. He's just him. Now don't get him wrong, and think he doesn't care, just cuze he's rough around the edges doesn't mean his hearts not in the right place. He'll do what he needs to sure, but he'll save the damsel in distress along the way.

His thoughts on religion: God's somewhere out there in the beyond but he'll tell you what, he want's nothing to do with a war between good and evil and let's face it, he is no saint. He toes the line between lawful and unlawful, between right and wrong, between what needs to be done and what should be done. He lives in degrees of grey in a world of murk so yah, he leaves God the hell alone.

Position in the agency: Detective
Background: Disillusioned Police Detective
Archetype: Tough and Smart
Skills: Interrogation, Footprint Analysis, Stress Detection, Intimidation
Remaining Skill Points: 4
Contacts: None Yet

Brief history:
Meet Nikolai Anthony Blake.

His name is Nikolai Anthony Blake and he is a Private Eye, and yes he is aware his name is a geographical nightmare with an axe to grind. He has his mother to thank for that one! See his mother wasn't entirely with it. His name shows just how different she was. So he is a cultural mutt! However, Nikolai doesn't give two shits about that, for unlike most kids in his neighbourhood his mother actually loved him, even though she was nuttier then an acorn. In the end this is probably what saved him from making much worse calls then he did and having more alligators up his ass than he does. Well, her and her perfectly ordinary boring cop husband, yah ok so Daniel Blake isn't his real dad, but since his biological dad wasn't in the picture for like all of his life Nikolai really doesn't count that as being a father. where Daniel was there and he raised Nikolai as his own, so much so that Nikolai had no idea he wasn't Daniel's biological son until an argument between Elizabeth and Daniel one night when Nikolai was sixteen. Not a damned thing ever managed to rattle his hard boiled detective father.

Nikolai's childhood started out as normal as any kid in a rough neighbourhood during hard times. They had more money then most, but where not rich, they had enough as Daniel liked to say. Whatever had led them to this point had changed Elizabeth in ways Nikolai didn't understand as a child. His mother was harsh and demanding of him, his father was all but absent as he 'worked to make the world a better place'. So it was that Nikolai wanted nothing more then to follow in his father's footsteps. Little did he know how the truth would lead to something far different for his life.

Nikolai's youth was typical of any teenager. He got into some trouble with the law, but not enough to bar him from becoming a cop, just a few misdemeanours as a teen. His father used to beat him for it, the harshness of the punishments serving to keep Nikolai away from deeper troubles. His mother would spend the night crying over his beatings. That more then anything kept Nikolai from seeking trouble.

Nikolai was sixteen when he overheard his parents fighting over what he doesn't remember, but he does remember that the argument led him to finding out his father wasn't really his biological father. This caused Nikolai anger and his desire to see the man who was responsible for his mother's constant state of fear to meet a brutal end. Nikolai was angry as a teenager, chafed by the state of the world and the darkness that seemed to grow with every passing day. The darkness that dwells in the hearts of human nature. The darkness that leads to murders and various other heinous crimes. Like the one that led to his own conception.

Nikolai began his career as a young police officer working to become a Detective. The two things that led him here were his father's death on the job when he was 18 years old and his mother's brutal murder when he was 20 years of age. Those two events led him to the point where he joined the police force with the desire to make a difference. To make a better world.

Nikolai was still relatively young when he became a detective and it wasn't more then a year on the job before he realized the true depth of corruption and indifference that was here. Just like everywhere in the city, the police force was as corrupt and insignificant as everything else. There was no justice there. Nikolai's dream turned sour and it drove home just how bad things really were. The reality of the world around him darkened his own sight of the whole police force. Thus he left and went on to become a private investigator. From there he was picked up by Lone Star Detective Agency.

Relevant details about the character: N/A (If more is need I have a whole lot more to Nikolai, I just kept it short so he could grow through the RP)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 pm 

Sort of back.

Yay, we have everyone now. I'll work on the IC.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:50 pm 

Sort of back.

IC's up, puppies. Looking forward to seeing your folks in action. I posted only as Jonathan, will do one for Constance later.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45708

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 am 

Animal Companion (1) Longest RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)

Hooray! Do we have a layout for the agency? I'm assuming everyone has their own office but idk beyond that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 am 

Sort of back.

Not yet, but I'll work on one.
By now, it's just to be known that the main part of the agency looks like a police station, with a desk for each.
I'll make a detailed layout in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

My post is up. I have to say, Esha's a hoot and a half to write for. This is going to be fun~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool. I'll probably only be able to post over the weekend, this week's pretty busy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:28 pm 

Sort of back.

I'm sorry, folks, I didn't forget about this, and I still have the intention to draft the agency's floor plan and to post, but my brain is way too mushy to be coherent right now. I'll try and do something tomorrow if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:58 am 

Sort of back.

Apologizing again. I have been kind of away lately, so if anyone wants to take this up, I'll be cool with it. So, so so sorry.