All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:27 am 

Rather Annoyed.

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I think the earlier start dates could be fun. But then again we will then know about most of what is going to happen for the next however many years.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 am 

Mad >:(

I think like that. We know it. So my vote goes to November 2013 or February 2014.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 am 

Yeah I think 2014 is where we should start, this RP looks like it's going to be epic, this nations RP makes the one I was in look so basic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I would like to stake my claim on Italy if you would be so kind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

Allright. Truegarsot is Italy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Interesting choice there Garsot. Not as powerful as many other big nations, but still more powerful than most of it's neighbours in North Africa, the Balkan states and around the Mediterranean.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:39 pm 

Well I had an idea for a kind of nation I would like to run based on when the RP was going to be a completely created world and still wanted to try them out so I figured Italy would probably be the best place for it. I wanted to play as a nation that is being run by a powerful religious organization within the region that had recently(within the past few decades) taken control of said nation. I figure with Italy I can possibly do that with the Vatican City and the catholic church(I was baptized catholic when I was a kid and had recently taken an interest in its...history, as well as imagined what it would be like if it still held the power and policies over the masses that it had within said history.) So it would see Italy as a Theocracy but truly a Dictatorship as the nation's ruler(in this instance it would in fact be the pope) is a bit power crazed and has established himself as the absolute power over resources and such within the land. This could give rise to extremist groups from the catholic church that commit terrorist acts throughout the region, and world as a whole, in order to execute the leader's will.

If this is a bit over the top, please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Sounds wonderful to me. Akin to a Archbishopric in a sense that the religious leaders have immense power compared to the normal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:48 pm 

2014, member of EU, Theocratic Dictatorship...

And if we deny other countries... Propaganda Due going to let this happen?

As long as it's giong to start as close to 2015, I think it will be better if you try to put your country in that way. I'm just suggesting. I mean, who will be with you? EU will press you but if you are OK with it, I'm OK too and it's interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:02 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Perhaps one of the most interesting routes for a county to go. Especially one that is literally the seat of the Vatican and thus the Holy See (The Pope)

However, speaking on the same lines that Hell was on, relations (especially with non-Catholic nations) will not be especially easy for you to come by. Unless you go the whole, 'Uber Zealot' route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:25 pm 

Actually, I was hoping to take on the role of a nation that was at odds with the other nations as far as their politicking of their citizens went. I would think that the nation's international influence/lack of influence would reside largely on the amount of catholic followers throughout the world. For example, X nation has a decent population of catholics who would benefit positively/negatively with relations with italy and so X nation must decide whether or not that population of catholics is worth having said relations.

What I was thinking was using the various scandals and commotions that the catholic church has been a part of as a sort of fuel for a religious movement within the city of Rome that would see the church cleansed of all those that were involved in such scandals. A well known Catholic priest(who would later become the nation's leader) stirs up a movement much like that of how Adolf Hitler rallied his followers, promoting the ideas that the church and state government needs to be reformed. He eventually gains a heavy following of those who attend churches throughout the country and within time is able to implement the reform he desired, which includes him becoming pope and eventual leader of the nation. There are details which need to be filled in of course, but this is just a quick view of what I would like for the nation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:27 pm 

I find it a bit humorous that Italy had just switched from having a king to a democracy within the last century and I am essentially working to reverse that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm 

We won't go quietly, the Pope can count on that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:40 am 

I think we are just about ready?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:17 am 

Not totally. I have one more final, after that I'll finish the setting and we'll make last changes. Then, we will be ready. ^-^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 pm 

Longest RP (1)

I won't lie; I'm getting bored with the premise of the RP, particularly as I am juggling 5 other ones. Is it okay for me to leave?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7