All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:24 am 

Rather Annoyed.

Medals: 1
Recruiter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yes, that should work.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:23 am 

Mad >:(

New map I found by 15 minutes search: http://s28.postimg.org/tkftwn5jv/Map.png

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:48 pm 

New Map needs some little edits like North-South Korea and Suez-Panama Canals.

Also Northern Cyprus too. I'm Turkish, it's really important for me. :D

Anyways people. The thread in OOC section now. Anyways again, we settled down the map and countries finally(IRL countries). So, next steps:

*Resources-Economy
*Technology
*Military Units-War Mechanics
*Politics-Diplomacy
*Turns-Gameplay
*Any other thing I didn't write here.

I need your ideas about it. I wanna build game settings/mechanics together.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:12 pm 

What countries are currently available?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 pm 

Russia-UK-Phipippines are taken I think. But not clear.

We gonna need Terrorist Groups in RP too. But we are not taking countries right now, we are building the RP now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:41 pm 

need any help?

honestly Id either like be United States, or Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:57 pm 

Yep, that's what I'm asking. I'll need help with game settings.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm 

don't take this as me asking something stupid but just to be clear

Game setting (anything like game mechanics)?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Battle mechanics are pretty simple. Who has the best quality soldiers, who has more soldiers (seriously, those 100 men wont last against 100,000 men) and who has more land/air vehicular support?

Naval battles are pretty similar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:42 pm 

Yep, game mechanics.

Actually yes Ragnar. Air force should be very important, also missiles too.

So, let's discuss other settings.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:32 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Hello, I find this nation rp thing to be incredibly interesting(I have never done it but I take it as being similar to rts games?)

I was wondering how resources are going to be established throughout the world. Are they going to be set up based off real world geology and geography? Like if someone is claiming the regions of africa that is known for finding diamonds, is that nation then going to claim those resources as well?

Another question I have is based on the world map itself and the location of player and NPC nations. Is it agreed that this is going to be real world geography with player created information(names of nation, population, religion, etc.) but using IRL nation borders to set their territory? If that is the case, does the entire RP world have to reflect the IRL world as far as its civilized makeup goes? What I mean is would it be possible to have the player nations, along with some NPC nations, and have whatever lands that are left over to be unclaimed and possibly left within its natural state still? I understand this might go a little into fantasy as it would mean the absence of modern era technology among unclaimed regions that may have it IRL, but I think it takes a little bit of stress off of trying to fill in every gap of the world map with details on what nation it belongs to as well as creates a world where there are still plenty of untapped resources that player and NPC nations could desire, giving more motivation for in game wars, contracts between nations, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:45 pm 

You actually bring up a very interesting point @thetruegarsot I would actually like to see that happen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:10 am 

Answers:

1-We going to use real world geology and geography. Iraq has Oil, Germany has Coal etc. They have more ofc, we going to do it like IRL.
2-We first said we going go do make up countries. We are going to use IRL countries now, but with our own political parties and leaders. NPCs going to stay same. So, there can't be untouched, unclaimed areas since it's going to start after 2000s.

For Example, I choose to be Russia. I'M not going to use Putin as leader. It's going to be me(hellrazor, I can even give a Russian name), and I'll create a political party for my leader. There can be logical changes in it. Like Nationalist Turkey, Russia trying to be Commie again, Germany has Greens as ruling party, Republicans won 4 elections in a row in USA etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:28 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

As a nation with a monarchy, I'm thinking of keeping the monarchy as it is (meaning that Queen Elizabeth II of Windsor will be queen and so on) but just have a different parliamentary leader when it comes to elections and whatnot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:08 pm 

Aye, true.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:28 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

If you wish, I'll sort out the map edits.
The Korean Split.
Panama and Suez Canals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:32 pm 

ok, thank you for clearing that up. Have you yet worked out a system for figuring out how much territory a person claims of a given country or are they going to taking over the entire country from the start and expanding from there?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:34 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

I do believe we are picking one country - and all it's land as of the current day - and going from there. We may expand or decrease in size.
An example of such a thing would be Russia (played by HellRazor) He would start the RP with all of the Russian lands that constitute modern day Russia. From there he may expand his borders, or decide to perhaps decrease in size.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:27 pm 

Okay.

Another question I have regards the placement of our created nation leaders. Will IRL leaders be mentioned within the history of how the created leaders came into power? Keeping with the Russia example; Would hellrazor's leader have taken the position from Putin? Which brings me to a similar question; Are we to use some IRL historic events that happened within the region we have or is that history entirely up to us?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:45 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

I think that some minor bits of history are changeable, as someone else in the RP had already altered the history of the Philippines. I would say that yes, history can be altered, but not to a degree that would provide more land than the country IRL or given outrageous bonuses.

As for leaders, I assume so as I am keeping the monarchy of the United Kingdom intact. Historical leaders could be mentioned, yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next