All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 pm 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yeah, sorry, I thought this was an RP where our countries are supposed to have different histories.

Bump.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:59 pm 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Well, from what I gather Hell seems fine with it. Perhaps you should PM him about it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:12 pm 

Longest RP (1)

I think he's asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 pm 

Mad >:(

YEs truegarsot, like you said. The mighty Hell Razor coming after Putin-or with him. Like, my character will be there instead of Medmedev, instead of Putin or instead of both. I didn't decide that yet.

NPC countries going to have IRL leaders.

I think we can change names of IRL terrorist groups so they can be in game too. Using real names for them is not something very neutral for Switzerland Freedom. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:09 pm 

Longest RP (1)

So, @HB, is my alternate nation history all right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 pm 

I don't know your alternate history plan but as long as it doesn't add more power to your nation I think it's acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Letter Bee Cel Mare wrote:
As for discussing the setting, I'd like to 'enhance' my nation, but within reasonable boundaries.

Basically, the History I have for my nation is this:

In the 1890s - 1900s, the Philippine Revolution against Spain (or the Spain-Equivalent) succeeded in establishing a Republic, and, more importantly, redistributing the haciendas and landed estates to their tenant farmers. Leveraging its status as a strategic location for trade, as well as what exports it can muster (the redistribution lowered exports for the first few decades), it preserved its independence by being a neutral space where even countries in conflict can trade. If there was a WWI or WWII equivalent, however, it sided with the Allies' equivalent, being awarded the status of co-belligerent and rewarded with the Spratlys.

This one, HB. And, it does add a little power to the nation, but nothing that breaks the game. If anything, this alternate/different history mostly affects the Philippines' internal affairs, making it more playable.

Also, how are IC posts done?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:33 pm 

I don't see a problem with your alternate history. Japans will rule Pasific again. The sun(emperor) will rise from... He he. I like Japans in WW2, I couldn't resist.

Yes, it makes Philippines more playable. Still, North&South Korea, China, India, Pakistan, Japan are more playable.

I think G-20, G-8 countries should be our first choise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 pm 

Longest RP (1)

All right then; can I have the United States?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 pm 

Yes. Much better now. I got nukes, you got nukes. So call me may be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 pm 

List of Choosen Countries:

United Kingdom: Ragnar Ice-Blood
USA: Letter Bee Cel Mare
Russian Federation: hellrazor
South Africa: creedhunter

@Letter Bee Cel Mare:

How game will be played? Well, after we settle down other parts of game(Technology, Economy, Diplomacy and Politics, also Intelligence and Spec Ops) we can make a sheet-like thing so we can play our turns without a mistake.

Last edited by hellrazor on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:01 pm 

Longest RP (1)

Thanks, HB!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 pm 

You forgot me!? South Africa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:25 am 

Sorry dude added now.

So my little plan about economy:

-List of countries by GDP
-List of Countries by GDP-Purchasing Power Parity

So, the second link will be cash in the treasure. First link will help us to give Industrial Production Point(IPP) to countries. Like, USA will have the most, China second etc. It will be decided after production/money earn is complete.

Resources:

-Gold
-Aluminium
-Coal
-Coal Reserves
-Oil
-Oil Reserves
-Natural Gas
-Natural Gas Reserves
-Uranium
-Uranium Reserves
-Copper
-Silver
-Diamond Mines in World
-Zinc
-Agriculture
-Iron

These are our base links for resources and energy reserves. They'll have bonus.

So, I'll update it. It's just information. :D

Last edited by hellrazor on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:33 am 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

On subject of nukes, I say they should only be used as an absolute LAST CHOICE scenario. I mean, threatening someone with nuclear missiles will end a lot of wars...and garner the hatred of basically all military organizations (NATO, etc.)

Nuclear-able countries:
USA
Russia
UK
France
Pakistan
China
India
Israel (This is an expected thing, there isn't actual evidence for it)
North Korea

Map:
http://i.imgur.com/hufSpf4.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:44 am 

Agreed. Nuclear weapons shouldn't be a choise normally. Last choise means, WW3 starts. Please, don't use it to threaten other countries. Threatening with Nucler is not doing in the way "I'll send you my nukes". You do a Nuclear Missile test(Russia did it last year September-October-November I remember), during Ukranien crisis. Russian's aggressive acts ended up with what? You all know it. No one took out their nukes. They are economically pressing Russia. Use Economy-Diplomacy first. Military is last choise. Nukes shouldn't be choise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:46 am 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Exactly. Plus nuclear weapons just plain don't make sense sometimes. You wouldn't threaten a country that has a diminutive army and is completely bankrupt with nuclear weapons would you? Or a country that is close to your own borders. It'd be like me nuking Ireland, the effects of the blasts would easily affect my own lands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:55 am 

Agreed.

So, Industry:

I shared economic links. According to first link, most indsustrial production going to USA. We will put a number to it.

If you want to produce military, you going to spend extra money and some production point. If you going to develop technology, you still going to need production point. Spare production points will return as income.

Energy will be needed to keep factories up.
Precious metals will add extra income.
Other resources will give different bonus for different things. Like, Copper will give bonus for production point. I forgot to add Iron to list, I'm gonna add it right now.

What ya people think?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 am 

Rather Annoyed.

Recruiter (1)

Looks good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 am 

Ok, which year game should start?

Scenarios:

2008(August-Russo-Georgian War)
2010(December-Arab Spring Started)
2011(March-Syrian Civil War Started)
2013(July-Egyptian coup d'état)
2013(November-Euromaidan/Start of Ukranian Crisis)
2014(February-Ukranian Revolution)
2014(June-ISIS Northern Iraq Offensive)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next