All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: KMS Rommel-OOC-
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:31 am 

Mad >:(

Blog: View Blog (0)

The In Character thread is open, KMS Rommel Grand Opening: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44126

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:14 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I fear you may lose the crew with that IC post, Hellrazor. Maybe the others feel differently. The following quotes are what most in the Role Playing community consider Godmodding...
Hellrazor wrote:
OFER crew got in the ship, and the door closed behind them. Captain Klaus get in his piloting room. Engineer Zelinda started engines, Scientist Amelia turned on the life support unit, Gunner Hans got weapons ready, and both soldiers got in guard position infront of Piloting Room. Everyone had a different question, everyone had a fear, everyone had a goal. But, there was a problem: Was that goal same for every crew member?

OFER lift from ground and get out of atmosphere in seconds, and started going on it's route. The great Patrol Ship of the Great Empire. Will it be only crew member who die, or can this ship die too? And robots, can you count them as living creatures?

Captain had many questions in mind. First, the route was directed to a Space Outpost as first stop. Captain Klaus gave full power to the engines, and started going on full speed. He saw some ships getting prepared for jumping, so the route must be different for every ship. Then, that tought came on his mind: "Will it be like old colonisations and explorations? Are we sent to death just like them?" Suddenly the monitor screen turned on, and Klaus gathered his mind together. He saw the Admiral Aldrich von Kurt on the screen. Admiral heiled him first, Klaus did the same. Admiral started talking:

-Captain Klaus Hauslieber, first of all, you'll take every order from me in your current mission. No one else will connect to your ship and give you orders. If anyone does, you report me. So, your first orders; you can see on your route, you'll be at outpost in half an hour. There are some supplies they'll load to you, think it as extra. Then, you're going to second outpost. They will report you about alien activity near systems and outposts. After that, your route will be free, and you'll have to find planets lost on our maps, or we lost contact for more than 500 years. If you run out of fuel, go to the nearest outpost. Understood?

-Ja, herr Admiral!

The screen turned off. "Alien activity", it was strange. Gunner may need to know that information once they get from the outpost. Captain Klaus also noticed something very important while they were getting in ship. The scientist Amelia has great ass.

Engineer left her room, and get back to the engines. Checked them, working good. Then, she tested the armours. They were working perfect. "Perfect." she said to herself. "Perfect." It was her baby, she had to take good care of it. Then, she remembered robots. Are they functional too?

Gunner Hans, still living with that shame. This time, he wasn't going to do same mistake. "No more, no more" Then, he started talking to gun operating devices:

-You people trust me, right? I know, I know. Won't happen again, I promise.

He wanted to check the weapons, but they were getting close to the Outpost. May be it will be better to get in Piloting Room to see Captain Klaus.

Both soldiers, Günther and Johan, were guarding the Captain. Doesn't matter the situation, they were loyal soldiers. Günther lit a cigarette. He was worried if they put any cigarettes in the storage. It would be nice to check, also talking with Johan would be nice too. Johan had same idea too, he had to know his partner better. Also, he had bad feelings about mission. Johan always questioned things, sometimes he resist, sometimes he let it happen. This time, he had really bad feelings about mission. "What if we all die, or lost?"

Scientist Amelia was happy that the life support unit was fully functional. She decided to check her lab in space ship to see data files. Does that contain list of ships sent for colonisation?

While crew in gray uniforms had tons of things in their minds, the ship was getting closer to the outpost. For now, getting closer to outpost "only".

This entire passage pretty much defines Godmodding. If you do not want to take the role of one of the characters aboard ship, do not speak, do or think for them. Taht is the the purpose of Collaborative Works of Fiction. It is not for the thread moderator to write what the characters say, think or do. it is the individual authors who have chosen to write for those charactes. You have no idea what Captain Hauslieber is thinking or says to the admiral on the monitor. The only person who can speak for Captain Hauslieber, is Theo. The "soldiers" are not right outside the "cockpit", but wherever the Captain decides they should be or wherever there duties take them. You took ever single character and wrote a post for each of us. Would you like to continue this story all by yourself? obviously you don't need any of us to contribute.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 am 

Günther, as for the first post in a giant space, I just wanted to show a way to get the characters in story. I clearly know that. I put you in a situation for a start, now it's all yours. Otherwise, it would be hard to put everyone in the game at the same time.(Only captain could play it until some time), and I didn't want that.

Yeah, cockpit. Still learning English. *notes down cockpit* Wait, it's still same in my language. *learns his own language*

Also about thinking, mostly related to questions I asked or things added to personality.

Plus: Also, I have a fault somewhere, I'm narrating but it looks like it's someones(character's) thinking. I saw it now. Like, secon paragraph starts with OFER. That's me, not captain but it looks like captain thinking that. After talking to admiral, that small pharagraph is for joke only.

Others are all for putting everyone in the game at the same time, and giving ideas for the first time. You don't have to follow what I say, and it'll be better. First post Günther, relax. It's for getting in story everyone at the same time, and giving them ideas for "what to do" first(so I inform you about possible things). I'm not planning to continue like it. Again, relax. First post.

And, as my Narrator(me actually) writing it, you are free to reject what he said about your character and do something very different. Narrator will try to do something different at the next time. Really, these are not problem. Just at the first page of thread, I said I'll give you %100 freedom and let you describe planets, new alien races you find etc. This little intro is not aiming to control everything, it's aiming to be helpful.

Plus, if you know German, what is the German word for outer space?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:07 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I believe the word you are looking for is "weltraum."

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:12 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I personally don't mind the GM controlling my character's actions when absolutely required. (Like inputting him into the story for example) But yeah, to be safe, might want to keep that kind of thing to a minimum and be sure to ask before controlling someone's character. Sometimes people are pretty sensitive about things like that. ^^ (I'm not, but some are.)

Anywho, my post is coming soon. Sorry for the small delay. I've been sick. Pretty sure I have the flu. But yeah, my post is coming in the next hour or so.

Also,
"The scientist Amelia has great ass."

That made me lol. xD

"Trust my rage."

Helpful Links for Newcomers

Board Rules and Regulations
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
News and Updates
Complete Guide to Creative Freedom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:08 pm 

Yes Theo, it is one time thing. I couldn't find better way to start the game, sorry if I look like "godmodding" and "controlling" your characters. ^-^

Ok, I edit it. But, I have to tell you. There are hidden information, and there will be hidden information in all of my posts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm 

Our Ship(Thanks to terrence to give me the program):

Blank | +
http://i.imgur.com/dPn6o0i.png

What is What? | +
http://i.imgur.com/FRtAwSJ.jpg

Posting Order:

Me-Captain-Others(1 post)-After everyone posts 1 time, I'll write here if I'm going to write as DM or not. If I don't write, you can continue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Please write in third person. I cannot read it if it is written in 1st person, It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Unless of course your character is speaking. In which case the 1st person text would be enclosed in quotations. Thank you very much. This is very important.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:17 pm 

You mean me? Or Nova?

Anyways. You want me to give any info?

I have to give info about keycards. Now, with "you see doors opening" I meaned doors automatic now. It had to be keycard.

Also Engineer was with Robots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:55 am 

Anyone got a question? Or anyone want me to explain something?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

No, I should be able to post tomorrow. too tired at the moment, trying to finish something different up.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 am 

Ok Günther. Take your time.

The real plot(exploration) will start after the second outpost. Until there, everyone will learn about ship and stuff.

What do you think about Ship's plan?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:02 pm 

After Günther makes his post, there will be GM post.

I edit my post "Scientist Only".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Posted. We're shooting and making a lot of Loud damn noise right outside the cockpit/bridge.

The noise of gunfire reminds me of this scene from "The Other Guys". :D

Will Farrel is a riot.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:28 am 

Yes. But, there is a reason people use purple bullets in the ship. If you hit life support unit with blue bullets, not only life support unit will be destroyed. The whole ship system will be affected.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

So... my internet was shut off thanks to my brother spending the money I gave him for my half of it. Therefore, I won't be able to keep up with my group rp's, so I'm going to have to drop out of this. :/ I'm sorry.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

"Trust my rage."

Helpful Links for Newcomers

Board Rules and Regulations
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
News and Updates
Complete Guide to Creative Freedom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:41 am 

Sorry to hear that. Captain Klaus will be played by somene else. You can join again whenever you want.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 am 

The time I can find someone to play Captain Klaus character, it's gonna be Sierre-Madre Grand Re-Opening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:55 am 

Blog: View Blog (4)

There is a lot of updates to the threads that I'm not getting and it is causing a lot of anxiety for me to feel like I'm holding people up. So until I get real internet, which should be within a month or two, I'm going to have to back out too. Sorry guys, I'm just not able to keep up on my phone.

"A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because her trust is not in the branch, but in her own wings."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:28 am 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

i'm back people sorry i was away so long. i lost the sight i'm back now though