All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Oh! We could fight what Precuies fought! :D ((sorry I can't spell it's name))

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:02 pm 

These are really good ideas! I really hope we can cover many different ideas. My hope is that we will spend some time with one idea, return to the space station, have some time off, and then go again with a new idea.

How often do you guys feel that you can post at a comfortable pace for you? Maybe we can set a post goal for each game. Like a 30 post goal for each game where the conflict of the game gets resolved. Is that too small or too big a number?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 pm 

2nd Year (1)

So that's six post each I think I could do that. Unless my math is wrong xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 pm 

Yeah, I wonder if that would be enough, but I suppose we can play it by ear. I have a built in sort of workaround just in case.

Also, GoatBoy19 and egyptianrose, can you guys put your characters names at the beginning of your post the way I and the others have done? It really helps me. I have a visual disability and use a screen-reader and it makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of the character when my screen-reader is skimming.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 pm 

2nd Year (1)

I can do that!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 pm 

I have returned

I think thirty or so would e a respectable amount, but that may be on the short end for a political game.

Also, I think we should take turns making the games, so first would be Apollo, then we could rotate from there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm 

Thanks GoatBoy :)

Hmm, what if we come up with a large amount of ideas, maybe three ideas each, and then I can put it into a randomizer and pick it that way? Or do you guys prefer to chose each time?

I was originally planning on doing it like that, with a specific set of weapons and/or abilities to chose from that were finite, so like if one of us chose first based on a dice roll, then what ever item and power we took wouldn't be available to the next one. We can axe that idea if you guys want to though?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 pm 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

I think it is better to play it by ear, with regards to the post number. Games that will require more dialogue and "figuring out" betweeen the characters are going to need more posts. I like the idea of rotating the game creator. It gives time to plan out the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 am 

I can fix my post to show my character name and will fix it in a moment. As far as the posting goes for the games, six posts each doesn't seem to me to be enough, not unless you're willing to get like three post into one post at a time. I think it best to play it by ear.

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 pm 

So I was thinking we can have the initial "game" be a sort of test.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:30 pm 

I have returned

Sounds good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:03 pm 

Awesome!

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:55 am 

Are we working with a set posting order?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:03 am 

Room for one more to join, or am I too late?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 am 

I don't think we need a specific posting order, perhaps just a 2 post wait. Let 2 others post before posting again. Of course, if it is necessary to post again in resoonse to another post that addresses your character directly, then it's ok to post again without the 2 post wait.

One more player is ok. Go ahead and post your CS for approval.

I think I'll close down the slots after that. Anyone else wishing to join, please PM me a CS to reserve a wait list slot if you are interested.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am 

Christina 'Chrissy' Arnolds

Aprox Age Range:
Late teens, approx. 17 - 20ish

The five items...
~ A straw cowboy hat, frayed at the edges from what appears to be excessive use. It smells very much of the outdoors, freshly mowed grass and the vaguest hint of perfume, suggesting Chrissy is an outdoorsy type of person.
~ A half-empty tube of citrus-flavoured lip gloss - though she seems into the outdoors, she certainly doesn't seem a complete tomboy.
~ A small necklace, consisting of a gleaming tiger's eye crystal pendant hung on a thin, silver chain. The clasp appears to be rusting slightly but Chrissy wouldn't care, and a loving parental vibe seems to emanate from the object.
~ A large string decoration, threaded through a variety of items that look - at first glance - to just be junk. Bottle tops, plastic scraps, bolts and even a piece of wood hang from it, all looking worn and reinforcing the saying 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'. It seems Chrissy has a sentimental streak ...or creative friends.
~ A wooden duck figurine, completed with carved detailing in the beak and webbed toes. The base of it's left foot hold the initials CA (presumably Chrissie's initials) in shaky handwriting. For some reason, it reminds Chrissy of a brother, even though she can't remember if she has one or not.

Self Assessment:
Chrissy discovers herself to be an optimist; after all, when she wakes, she doesn't find herself dissolving into tears but relieved at the fact she isn't dead or paralysed, even if her memory doesn't work. She senses she's fairly family-orientated as she keeps feeling pangs for a mother and/or father she can't remember and she wrestles with this itch to be constant moving and doing something physical - she isn't the type of person who can sit still for very long. Her face feels odd when it's not held in a smile, suggesting she's someone who likes to laugh or crack jokes.

Personal Profile (Under Development):
She likes the outdoors and is considered quite a tomboy, however she does have a girly side to her. She is optimistic and enjoys joking, seeing the lighter side of life. She is very family-orientated, suggesting she's quite loyal.

Teddy bear:
The teddy bear is a honey colour, tattered again like the journal, and a miniature straw hat is perched on it's head, identical to the life-sized one in her room. It has glittering, black beads for eyes and a soft, round stitched on tummy patch, where a tuft of stuffing is attempting to burst through. A regal, golden fleur de lis is hand-stitched into it's left foot/paw.

Journal:
The journal is fashioned from a tan brown with yellow seams, slightly tattered and printed with the outlines of autumn leaves. The pages inside are blank, without lines. A small yellow pencil is tucked neatly inside the front cover.

Appearance:
Chrissy has long, frizzy, auburn hair, stretching right down to her lower back, which she finds wrapped into a tight plait. Freckles cover her cheeks and arm, and she feels a surge of irritation when she catches sight of them - clearly not her favourite features. Her eyes are a soft, pale blue, and though it feels as though she's an outdoor, tree-climbing, mud-wrestling, her skin is fair, with only the smallest hint of tan. She is curvy, well-made and fairly short.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 pm 

Accepted! Very good CS :) can't wait to see your IC post :)

Again, anyone else wishing to join please PM me your CS to wait list or ask if a slot is available. Please do not post a CS or inquiry in the OOC. Thanks!

I'll place this on the OG along with links to each character when I get the chance so we can have an easy way of getting to character sheets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:59 am 

Thanks!

Sorry for the long first IC post...I kinda squeezed two into one, as I wanted to make sure I was at the same stage as everyone else...

Gotta say I love the title of this RP - 'Liquid Memories'....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:38 pm 

Hey guys! So sorry for the long absence. I've gotten really busy with school and my biological anthropology project and preparing for finals. I get to hang out with Gibbons and Siamangs and other awesome primates so there's a plus there, haha.

Again, I'm really sorry that I've been out of communication for so long.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 pm 

Don't worry about it. I think the whole site has quietened down with the approach of finals and exams. The end of the year does get pretty busy for pretty much everyone.