All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liquid Memories (OOC)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

banner made by me

Liquid Memories

In Character Thread Here

Interest Check Here

In a large quiet space station, people of all types and ages awake in strange rooms with no memory of how they got there - or who they are. A strange voice, a cross between a man and a machine, addresses the lost souls aboard the station. The hallways are empty, there are rooms with nothing in them, and through the many large windows and the atrium, where one can stroll through a makeshift park, a planet that might or might not be Earth is visible. There are no ships docking or making passes. The space around them is completely devoid of life or movement other than the celestial motions of the universe. Everyone and then, bright lights come into existence on the planet, like explosions on a mass scale, only to fade away.

Survive the "games" or die, is the voice's decree. Each and everyday, the Sleepless, as the voice calls them, must participate in a different game designed by the voice. Each game is different, from political intrigue, to post-apocalyptic nightmares. Die in the game. Die in real life.

Beat the never-ending games, or find a way out before you run out of lives.

---

Your characters name can be found on a teddy bear in their room. The bear can be creepy or cute to incorporate horror elements.

Aprox Age Range: As you likely do not know your exact age because of lack of memories, please include an approximate age range that your character thinks they are.

Describe up to 5 items in your room and the histories that they suggest. These are vague histories, not fully fleshed out. As we learn more about ourselves we can fill out the Personal Profile. Things that happen during the story will trigger your memories, but the triggers have to make sense. For example: buttered toast might trigger a memory of your mom making you toast and a conversation you had with her at the table which will reveal more things about you. Our histories will be dynamic, and your character might assume something from a memory, only to have it corrected in a later memory that clarifies things.

Self Assessment: This are the traits that your character notices about themselves. Prone to anger? Calm and level headed?

Journel: Your character may keep a journal, which everyone can find in their respective rooms. It is up to you whether your character will update this journal with their thoughts and feelings and observations about other characters. If you can use a distinct color for the journal to make it easier to spot that would be great, but not required.

Approval: All Character Sheets must receive approval prior to posting in the IC, to be created after we have enough players.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions or to make suggestions as they are always welcome. Also, let me know if you would like me to post more backstory or description. I want to leave it as open as possible for you to develop your own theories for your character.

Posting Requirement: I can be very scatter brained and so ask you to please include your characters name in each of your posts to make it easy to remember who's story we are reading. It might be an odd request, but it really does help me to stay focused and know who I'm reading about.

Character Sheet | +
Name:
Apox Age Range:
Room Items: (Up to 5)
Self Assessment:
Personal Profile (Under Development):
Bear:
Journel:
Appearance: (Photograph Preferred - No Anime)

My Character Sheet

Name:
Launa O'Dare

Apox Age Range:
16-18

A photograph of Launa and a woman that looks like her mother. They seem to be in front of an ice cream shop and are eating ice cream and laughing. She and her mom must have been very close. A bracelet on the nightstand with the words "Love You Forever," it could be from a good friend or perhaps a lover. The bracelet invokes feelings of the latter. A poster of DC heroes suggests she likes comics and might be kind of nerdy. Prescription glasses with dark rims that look stylish can be found on the dresser, with a signature in white on one of the sides, perhaps from someone she admired? There is a ticket in her pajama pocket that is for a one way trip to Boston, Massachusetts, she was either going to meet someone - or running away from someone.

Self Assessment:
She seems to be calm under pressure, as noted by not going ballistic at the fact that she woke up without memories. She notices that she is very curious about everything and her mind works non-stop to try and figure things out.

She had a mother who loved her. She has someone who loves her and is hopefully looking for her. She is a calm inquisitive person who likes comics enough to get her glasses signed.

Bear: A soft brown bear made of wool and covered in a blue shirt that reads: "No More Nice" in red letters. An eye is missing and one of the ears is party cut, exposing some cotton from inside.

Journel: A black hardbound moleskin notebook with a red ribbon to mark her place.

Appearance:

Last edited by Apollo on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:22 am 

Character Sheet
Name: Alavann McBraid
Apox Age Range: 17-19
•An anolog watch that has stopped at 5:39, it looks like an old watch, and the style of it is a little on the antique side with leaves and roses on the band, though the paint has faded from them, leaving the leaves and roses to fade from green and red to gold.
•On the night stand is a small sheet with four two inch by two inch photos of him and a young man making funny faces at the camera. Seeing the picture would always make him smile.
•A well read fantasy book about dragon riders, the pages are bent at the corners, with water stains occasionally marking the pages, rest on the pillow next to where he fell asleep. On opening the front cover he would see ta small note, Happy Birthday, Alavann.
•On the dresser is a blue ribbon on it the words it a boy are swen into the fabric, seeing this would more then likely bring a sad smile to his lips.
•On his wall is a detailed map of a fantasy word, with strange markings in the water suggesting monsters, and ships that seem to be charting a path through the seas. In the corner is the name of a world and the book it relates to.
Self Assessment: On waking up he freaked out, suggesting that he doesn't do well with surprises, but once he had a look around he started to come up with scenarios of what could be. He believed that he is a fun type of person, by the pictures with the young man, though interactions with others will soon tell if he is or not.
Has a close friend or brother who he can be goofy with, he loves a good book, and someone thought to give him one as a bithda present. He is creative and not so level headed.
Journel: dark brown with stencil dragon in the middle.
Bear: back bear with white stars on the soft fur, cute and huggable.
Appearance: http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/orange-hairstyles-7.jpg

So, yes, nothing but your spark will last forever.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Do you mind if I join? :p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:35 pm 

I have returned

Here is my CS, hope you enjoy.

Name: Abraham Conners

Apox Age Range: 20-24

Room Items:
Book case, Victorian age, wooden, and and very worn.
Two books, both made of bark for covers, leaves for pages, and a whitish ink, which is used for both illustrations and writing. The pages and covers are held together by thin vines.
The first book is titled Sword Fighting 101. It includes really detailed and skilled illustrations all teaching how to wield a sword properly.
The second book is titled What makes People Tick. It is all about the human mind and features many different kinds of psychology.
The fourth item is a one handed sword, made out of a strange black wood, it is rock hard, literally, and flame resistant. On its handle are the words "The Big Stick".
Along with the sword is a piece of of metal, used to sharpen the sword.

Self Assessment: His skin is very tan, and his hair sun sun bleached, so he likely spent a lot of time in the sun. He smells of salt and there is sand stuck on his feet, so he was also likely on the beach for the majority of it. He talks with impeccable vocabulary, and seems to have an astounding intellect. He has photographic memory and very good reasoning. Had a very strange sense of déjà vu when he woke up.

Personal Profile: Genius level intellect, spent a lot of time on the beach, his clothes are homemade, and his books are all made of leaves and books, to top that off he swears he heard the ocean when he first woke up. So he spent a lot of time on the beach and possibly not by choice.

Bear: Hand made like everything else he has. Made of softened leather with a smiley face and eyes painted on it in the white ink.

Journal: like his other two books it is made with bark cover, leave pages, vine bindings and white ink. Along side the journal is a wooden ink pot with white ink.

Appearance: He has beach blond hair, black eyes, and a bronze tan. His face is rather thin, in a way that suggests intelligence. He is well built, covered in lean muscles. And his clothes are all hand woven out of plant fibers. Vines are used to the clothes together.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:53 pm 

Egyptian Rose and Jack Spade, your characters are accepted, very well done!

GoatBoy19, sure! Go ahead and post a CS :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 pm 

I have returned

One thing I should mention about Abraham, he will collect any book that he comes across and store it in his book case. So feel free to pick up or notice books for Abraham.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 pm 

Ok cool, maybe we can stumble into a library or office with some books that provide clues or something on one of our expeditions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm 

I have returned

Ok sounds good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Name: Alexander Snow

Apox Age Range: 16-19

Room Items: two posters of two different old bands, provably means that he likes more of the older music, like Led Zeppelin, a iPod which means he really must like music. A picture of him and a girl, it could be his little sister since they look alike. The last two things in his room are a AC/DC black t-shirt and a necklace with a dragon on it.

Self Assessment: he seems to be a very quiet person, doesn't say much and just looks around as if everything was the most wonderful thing in the world. But when he does talk he well come of as shy but can turn angry quickly.

Personal Profile (Under Development): Alexander has a younger sister, she looks around to be 10 or 12. It's hard to tell though from the picture in his room. He also seems to really like the classics rock bands.

Bear: a soft black bear made of wool, but looks like a grime reaper. It still Intacked, but looks like the scythe has been out back on

Journel: a bound black leather book, it looks pretty old but the pages are new.
Appearance: Alexander has black hair, it's past his eyes, some would call it long but he wouldn't. His eyes are gray, but most don't know his eye color. He is body type is slim, but his shoulders are wide. He has a tattoo of the grime reaper on his right shoulder.

Yea I know the appearance is **** but I just couldn't get anything to come out of my head for it.. I can redo it though

Last edited by CanadianWolf on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:25 pm 

GoatBoy19, I do like the CS, but I do have a note.

For his Personal Profile, it has to be things that are inferred from the items in the room. A history that can plausibly be constructed by guessing. For example, the photograph might say something about his relationship with her, but probably can't tell you that you raised her all by yourself. An orphanage in the background would be very telling for example.

The items in the room should be items that help you with this rudimentary Personal Profile, which will get updated as we go along.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:36 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Ohhhhh XD I'll change that!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 pm 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

Name: Roland Mikkerson

Apox Age Range: 20 - 26

Room Items: A bottle of cheap rum, with a couple of drops swilling around the bottom. A suit several sizes too small for him with a bloody ragged hole in its chest. A well-worn wooden baseball bat, with a dark brown stain the wood seems to have absorbed. A movie poster of "Die Hard." A pair of dog tags with the name "Evan MIkkerson" engraved on them.

Self Assessment: Roland seemed used to waking up in unfamiliar places with half a mind of what happened, given that he managed to clamber out of bed and reach for the bottle before his brain realised he had no clue who he was. It seems that he's been in some pretty unfriendly places, as the suit's blood stain is darkening into a colour suspiciously similar to the stains on the bat. The movie poster evokes a sense of admiration, as though the star he cannot remember watching, was a personal hero. The dog tags seem to have been carried around for quite some time, as evident by the scratches and dents.

Personal Profile (Under Development): The dog tags suggest military service. The bottle suggests dishonorable discharge. His accent is distinctly British, but he seems to have a love of American culture. The suit definitely wasn't made for him, and the feelings it stirs lies somewhere between anger, shame, and guilt.

Bear: The bear is a battered and torn toy. Stuffing dyed red pours out and it's dressed as a 1920's american gangster with a hole in its body that is placed similarly to the hole in the suit. A note is in one of its paws that says "Brothers In Arms."

Journal: Roland's journal looks like a mathematics text book, with doodles and drawings instead of answers.

Appearance:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 am 

I have returned

And that's a grand total of five, I don't know about you guys but that seems to be a pretty good amount.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 am 

I'm okay with a couple more joining. 8 is definitely my maximum. After that, CS's should be PM'ed to me for consideration.

I'll work on the IC thread and let you guys know when it's posted. Hopefully I can finish it before it's time for bed, but I might not be able to post it until tomorrow (Saturday)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm 

The IC is up! Feel free to post! I can't wait to read your guys' posts!

Please make sure to follow the important rule: Make sure to include your name at the top of your post the way I did. It really helps me keep the characters organized in my head.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:40 pm 

Sorry for the wait, I am posting right now.

I am having some reslly bad computer issues. For now all I have is my phone and tablet. My post length andnavsilability may suffer since all I have is my tablet and phone for the moment. If I am needed feel free to reach me on my skype account listed on my profile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:40 pm 

No worries :) Looking forward to reading it!

So how are you guys? I want to get to know you guys haha.

Do you guys have any ideas for some scenarios that The Voice might want to place us in?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:45 pm 

somehow I have a feeling that any ideas we say now will become possibilities... But I totally think that a coliseum might happen.... or that this is pretty much the idea behind the rp.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:56 pm 

I have returned

I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much. As for ideas: Stranded on an island, with lots of wild animals. Zombie apocalypse, either CoD zombies, left for dead, or dead rising style, but preferably no more than one of them at once. We could also do a mythological fight, like the Minotaur and the labyrinth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 pm 

Location: Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair

Yeah I quite like the idea of being thrown into mythological stories, or at least something that looks suspiciously similar.