All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:11 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Albus Dumbledore University Welcome Brochure:

Congratulations and Welcome:
Hello and warmest welcomes!
If you are reading this, congratulations on being chosen to attend or work for Albus Dumbledore University.
We greatly look forward to meeting you in person this coming school year and hope the excitement is mutual.
No matter where one is from we are all capable of greatness, so we thank you for adding your boundless potential
to our campus! Below you will find useful information and directions to ADU.

About Our Beloved School:
After the War of Hogwarts, there were several reforms in the Wizarding World. One of which was inspired by the event and its champions. The Ministry of Magic realized they needed to provide for their students who wanted more out of learning than what their old education system gave. They decided something revolutionary was in order, Wizarding Colleges and Universities were to be built posthaste. Ten years later there were several prominent institutions for magical folk worldwide: Nelson Vane University (Durham, North Carolina, USA), the Riga Mage Institute (Pokaiņi Forest, Latvia), and St. Jean-Luc College (Monaco) for example. The most prestigious of these is Albus Dumbledore University near Tutlloch, Scotland. It rests on Loch Lomond's eastern shore hidden by ancient Maon Wood. One part of ADU's appeal is that it offers a smooth transition for Hogwarts graduates, yet gives its students from other magical schools their own chance to delve into the famous school's culture with collegiate twists.

On the wall near Platform 11 in King's Cross Station is an old plaque for Platform 12, a "cancelled" extension of the station. Upon going through the wall, you will arrive at the real Platform 12. From there you can take the train to the rustic village of Tutlloch. At that point you can either visit the myriad shops and sights of town or head directly to campus by way of carriage (just out of sight by the local park and ETA is only twenty minutes). However ALL FIRST YEARS, NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS, AND FACULTY MUST REPORT TO CAMPUS IMMEDIATELY THEIR FIRST DAY. This is because classes can fill up quickly, especially given our stellar courses and fantastic faculty.

As can be expected with magic, never let the outside fool you. ABU may appear small but holds eight fully furnished dormitory wings, three libraries, two indoor pools, amphitheatre, and two owlries...not to mention hidden rooms and wherever any of those few secret doorways lead...Ahem! Excuse me. Back to the point! Both faculty and students are sorted into Dorms. Just because one may have been in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff at Hogwarts doesn't necessarily mean it will be so here. People do change after all! Unlike Hogwarts we have a different way of sorting. Along with your acceptance letter or hiring forms you will find an additional paper. This is your Sorting Letter. Just answer its questions and it will give you your Dorm upon finishing. Please make sure to bring it along, that way you know where to sit during our Welcome Ceremony!

Student Dorms:
+ Gryffindor
+ Slytherin
+ Hufflepuff
+ Ravenclaw

Faculty Dorms:
+ Phoenix
+ Dragon
+ Unicorn
+ Hippogryff

Another benefit of attending ADU is our location on Loch Lomond. From dawn until midnight our school offers a ferry service to any of the Loch's historic forested islands. The closest and most populated is Inchmurrin where a small Muggle family runs its cozy bed and breakfast. The others are as follows: Inchcailloch, Inchconnachan, Inchfad, Inchlonaig, and Inchtavannach. Legend has it each of these islands holds its own mysteries and secrets. One holds ruins of an ancient castle while another is reputed to be haunted by wizards' ghosts in the form of their Patronus. Who knows what adventure or leisure awaits one out there?

Without further ado, we here at Albus Dumbledore University congratulate and welcome you wholeheartedly.
Yours Truly,
Prof. Bellona Crann (Administrative Assistant and Assistant Wizard Literature Professor)

Last edited by Sweetie_Bird on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:05 pm 

Basics and Useful Information:
Before we get into the chit chat we all know and love, I just want to cover some basics on what to do with your character profiles and other basics. Yes, this is a Harry Potter based roleplay but no, I hope it's not like any other you've played. More than anything else it's driven by our ideas. Now I'm not saying there's no big bad up my sleeve (if I said that I'd be lying and I can't lie for goose eggs) but until I bring several clues about them up, we make the story. We make the conflicts and if any resolutions. So that everyone gets something awesome out of this story, let's all put something awesome into it!

What To Do With Profiles and Sorting Quizzes:
Okie dokes darlings! Below you'll find the Sorting Quizzes and the character skeletons under either Student or Faculty, depending on which you want to play. HERE'S WHAT TO DO.
  • Fill out the character skelly.
  • Answer the quiz IC, put an "x" inside the brackets to select a choice. Like this--> Question?: Answer! [x]
  • Paste your character's profile and quiz to me in a PM.
  • Have fun OOC while you wait to be sorted.
  • When you see a PM saying "Welcome to ADU", you're character has been sorted so jump in IC! =D

Character Skeletons and Sorting Quizzes:

SKELLY AND QUIZ FOR FACULTY CHARACTERS | +
Albus Dumbledore University
Official Faculty File

Full Name:
Birthday:
Orientation:
Race: (Wizard/Witch, Werewolf, Vampire, Halfling, etc.)
Photograph: (Picture of your lovely character)
Hair Type and Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings:
Notable Unique Features:

Personality:
Alignment: (Light, Neutral, or Dark: This will be important later!)
Brief History:
Patronus (if applicable):
Five Pet Peeves:
Five Strongest Likes:
Favorite Type of Food:
Style of Dress:
Theme Song:

Staff Dorm: WILL BE FILLED IN WHEN SORTED
Wand:
Pet (if applicable):
Subject(s):

ADU Sorting Letter: Faculty Edition

You have taken on the honorable duty of teaching our youth.
This means you have agreed to not only nurture their growth as pupils but as people also.
How commendable of you! Well done! Before proceeding, you must be sorted my friend.
I, the Sorting Letter, will assign you to the Dorm where your adventure will begin.
All I need is for you to answer a few questions...

Question 1: What season do you prefer?

[ ] Spring
[ ] Summer
[ ] Fall
[ ] Winter

Question 2: Which place will you most likely be found on weekends?

[ ] The library or exploring one of the Loch's islands, only the best teachers are those who desire to learn.
[ ] I'm off to Glasgow and Edinburgh for the weekend to party, I'll be back on Sunday night!
[ ] Anywhere I please, you can count on me looking my best while I'm there too!
[ ] In Tutlloch having a good time with friends...or any one of the above actually...Depends on my mood.

Question 3: Mark three words that you think describe you best.

[ ] Resourceful
[ ] Feisty
[ ] Honorable
[ ] Seductive
[ ] Compassionate
[ ] Strong
[ ] Creative
[ ] Competitive
[ ] Loyal
[ ] Intellectual
[ ] Helpful
[ ] Ambitious
[ ] Analytical
[ ] Friendly
[ ] Peaceful
[ ] Quirky

Question 4: What kinds of books do you enjoy reading?

[ ] Anything relevant to my interests.
[ ] Any book at all! Do you have recommendations?
[ ] A clever book that makes me laugh is a winner.
[ ] Books on personal finance or scathing biographies.

Question 5: What do students learn from being in your class?

[ ] The world is a tough place, use your strengths to your advantage and the world won't know what hit it!
[ ] Hopefully they learn not to underestimate themselves and the value of hard work.
[ ] Chase your dreams with all you've got.
[ ] We never stop growing, changing, and learning so do your best at all of these.

Question 6: Pick a dessert:

[ ] Coconut Lime Cakeballs
[ ] Chili Chocolate Fudge
[ ] Toffee Crunch Bar
[ ] Rosewater Mousse

Question 7: What do you seek to gain here at Albus Dumbledore University?

[ ] Lifelong friends and possibly true love...
[ ] More confidence and inner strength.
[ ] Anything I can!
[ ] Whatever gets me ahead in life. I've got places to go and people to see.

SKELLY AND QUIZ FOR STUDENT CHARACTERS | +
Official Student File

Full Name:
Birthday:
Orientation:
Race:
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Notable Unique Features:

Personality:
Alignment:
Brief History:
Five Pet Peeves:
Five Strongest Likes:
Favorite Type of Food:
Style of Dress:
Theme Song:

House:
Wand:
Pet (if applicable):
Club(s):
Favorite Subject:
Most Hated Subject:

ADU Sorting Letter: Student Edition

How wonderful of you to pursue further education in all things magical.
You will form alliances, have adventures, and develop your curious mind
all in this prestigous institution. Before proceeding, you must be sorted my friend.
I, the Sorting Letter, will assign you to the Dorm where your adventure will begin.
All I need is for you to answer a few questions...

Question 1: What season do you prefer?

[ ] Spring
[ ] Summer
[ ] Fall
[ ] Winter

Question 2: Which object appeals to you most?

[ ] A quill, I find collecting my thoughts in writing to be soothing.
[ ] An axe, I'm all about fighting for what I want and believe in.
[ ] A goblet, I definitely enjoy the finer things in life.
[ ] A quilt, if I can't delight in comfort once in a while count me out.

Question 3: Mark three words that you think describe you best.

[ ] Resourceful
[ ] Feisty
[ ] Honorable
[ ] Seductive
[ ] Compassionate
[ ] Strong
[ ] Creative
[ ] Competitive
[ ] Loyal
[ ] Intellectual
[ ] Helpful
[ ] Ambitious
[ ] Analytical
[ ] Friendly
[ ] Peaceful
[ ] Quirky

Question 4: What kinds of books do you enjoy reading?

[ ] Magazines relevant to my interests.
[ ] Any book really, but especially engaging novels!
[ ] Books on how to improve my quality of life.
[ ] No holds barred exposés about people I admire.

Question 5: Upon graduation, what fields can you see yourself in?

[ ] Business/Accounting
[ ] Counselling/Psychology
[ ] Government/Political Justice
[ ] Education/Visual Arts

Question 6: Pick a dessert:

[ ] Coconut Lime Cakeballs
[ ] Chili Chocolate Fudge
[ ] Toffee Crunch Bar
[ ] Rosewater Mousse

Question 7: What do you seek to gain here at Albus Dumbledore University?

[ ] Lifelong friends and possibly true love...
[ ] More confidence and inner strength.
[ ] Anything I can!
[ ] Whatever gets me ahead in life. I've got places to go and people to see.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:09 pm 

Students by House:

GRYFFINDOR
Leavitt Pallaton | +
Vulpecula-enfield wrote:
Full Name: Leavitt Pallaton

Birthday: September 11th

Orientation: Probably with his fists in the air, the rest hardly matters. (Straight >.>)

Race: Wizard

Photograph:

Hair Type and Color: Dark brown that's kinda longish. When ever it gets cut it's a buzz-cut, but that happens only like twice a year.

Eye Color: Reddish-brown.

Height: 5'4"

Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: NADA

Notable Unique Features: He has scars up and down his left shoulder, scattered down his left side to the waist, along with one long cut along his left arm (ending at his knuckles) and a small nick under his left cheekbone.

Personality: ... Overall, really oblivious and sort of ambitious. He's pretty friendly to people he meets, but doesn't tend to make friends since he sucks at remembering names and faces.

Alignment: Chaotic good...? If white is "good" and black is "bad" he'd probably be "light-grey" xP

Brief History:
Leavitt was born to a family that had been considered pure-blooded in the wizarding world, until his aunt got married to a mudblood. Of current his family is considered a sort of traitor towards the other "Pure-blooded" families, since they are actually supporting her decision. He himself is considered pure blood, however, with both of his parents being pure-blooded themselves. Along with their family being highly regarded in the wizarding world for selling various magical partners (such as owls, cats, and toads) they are also well known in the muggle world for owning a chain of pet shops selling more desirable pets (such as hamsters, fish, and dogs). The Pallaton family is also well known for their support towards werewolves and house-elves, ridiculing the various laws and restrictions that have been set on the species along with giving physical support via foodstuffs and the like towards the loathed species.
Leavitt's childhood bordered on average (or at least as average as it could be when you have a family as prosperous as his), until the day of his kidnapping. He was missing for two weeks before he was found, locked in a metal animal crate out in the middle of the woods. For a while his abduction was a very popular topic in both the muggle and wizarding world, but not much else was actually discovered since his parents refused all interviews and since the kidnapper was never captured. The event has long faded into the static of more traumatic news events.
After the event Leavitt took up martial arts, the general assumption was that the family encouraged him to since he was too young to defend himself via magical means. A few years later, when he was finally old enough to attend a magical academy, it was discovered that might not have been the best idea. He constantly got into fights and ended up being moved between schools quite often.
The general consensus is that, since his bloodline has always donated money to the academies of the wizard world, Leavitt shouldn't be completely suspended. The fact that he comes from a family renowned for strong magic users underlines this, since having a teenager run around getting into fights with uncontrolled magic under his belt is bad for the community. His parents begged him to enroll at Albus Dumbledore University very recently, offering the school extra money to accept their delinquent son, telling them to use nearly any means they found necessary to convince him to stop focusing on fights and quit skipping classes. Despite being old enough to be a second year, he has been held back due to negligence towards his studies- he's currently a first year.

Patronus (if applicable): Haven't decided quite yet, he doesn't know how to use that spell anyway though. <.<

Five Pet Peeves:
-Wizards who insist muggles are weak.
-Sore losers/Sore winners.
-Cheating
-Dogs off their leash, regardless of location.
-People pronouncing his name as "Leave it".

Five Strongest Likes:
-Fist-to-fist fighting (no magic, no weapons) particularly if it's challenging.
-X-men, particularly the older comics.
-Things that are very soft and gentle- bonus points if it's tiny.
-Big, open rooms with lots of windows.
-"Strong" people... Going only by his own definitions.

Favorite Type of Food: Almost any fresh fruit and candy bars.

Style of Dress: T-shirts in the summer, long sleeves in the winter. Loose jeans all year round. He usually throws on whatever, and sometimes forgets to change at all. If the school has a uniform he'll probably wear that, since he could care less what's fashionable.

Theme Song: You're going down- Sick puppies

House:

Wand: 10 3/8 inch Hazelwood, with a griffin talon core.

Pet (if applicable): His parents bought him a cat but he "forgot" it at home, it might get sent to him at some point- but he doesn't have it currently.

Club(s): NADA

Favorite Subject: Care of Magical creatures

Most Hated Subject: Transfiguration

Alma Fey | +
Jack Spade wrote:
Official Student File

Full Name: Alma Fey
Birthday: November 3
Orientation: Walking through the worst of life with a smile. Or strait if that's what you were asking.
Photograph: NA
Hair Type and Color: Shoulder length blond/almost white hair, covered in a beanie
Eye Color: pure white
Height: 6'1"
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: He has a sword shaped piercing on his right ear that come out from under his beanie.
Notable Unique Features: He's blind, and always wears a a beanie that covers his eyes.

Personality: very determined, he is always up for a challenge and will not back down from it. He's used to being at a disadvantage and of such has learned to be creative in his solutions.
Alignment: white
Brief History: Born the first and only son of an American Ora (I think that's how you spell it) his father always wanted a son to follow in his footsteps, but Alma was born blind and all his younger siblings are girls. So Alma took it upon himself to over come his disability and give his father the son he always wanted.
Patronus (if applicable): a monkey
Five Pet Peeves:
Books with no brail or other methods of reading them quietly (especially in libraries).
People who don't appreciate what they have.
People who hate monkeys.
Loud noises.
Five Strongest Likes:
People who like monkeys.
Books, or anything that describes things.
His monkey, Charlie.
Beanies.
Wand duels.
Favorite Type of Food: Bananas
Style of Dress: Hap hazard with no regard for matching colors, just as long as it's comfortable.
Theme Song: Basket Case (GreenDay)
House:
Wand: His wand is made of Oak, is 8" long, and has Phoenix feather for the core. It is a bright white color and is slightly pointed at the end. Has a lot of little nibbles on handle side, small monkey shaped bites, hm.
Pet (if applicable): His seeing eye Monkey, Charlie
Club(s): Dueling
Favorite Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts.
Most Hated Subject: History.

Bijou Goldthwait | +
Sweetie_Bird wrote:
Official Student File

Full Name: Bijou Vivienne Goldthwait
Birthday: August 12th
Orientation: Straight
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color:
Bijou's silky waist length hair was originally sandy blonde up until last year. This year, she decided to bleach it and dyed it silver. She prefers to keep it down but will style it with curls or in an updo as she sees fit. Like Laurentín, she brushes her hair with a boar bristle brush every night before bed to keep her hair soft and beautiful.
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Height: 5' 8"
She has a small brown ankh symbol tattooed on her wrist and standard earlobe piercings.
Notable Unique Features: N/A

Personality:
Whatever Bijou says goes, if there's any argument she'll make life hell until you back down or give in. She's stubborn, vain, spoiled, and has a sharp sly word for those she doesn't like or accept. She fancies herself a lady and enjoys good music, fine foods, and even better clothing. However she is a fiercely loyal to her few friends to the point of considering them family. Once in her good graces one can expect top notch treatment...when she isn't asking you to do things for her. Bijou does feel remorse now and then when she takes things too far and isn't above apologizing. Though rare, it does happen. If called a '****ing' she has been known to say "That's Queen ****ing to you."
Alignment: Neutral, leaning toward Dark
Brief History:
Bijou and her twin brother Laurentín were born in Monaco to jeweler Stéphane Goldthwait and model Blanche Fournier, rising stars of fashion in the magical world. Things may have seemed perfect to outsiders but their family dynamic was anything but. Her mother and father constantly argued, often about their father's womanizing and mother's use of alcohol. The loud outbursts scared young Bijou and Laurentín did everything he could. He would comfort her and take her into his room to hide when things became too stressful. This made her and Laurentín grow extremely close, bordering on co-dependent. Upon seeing the damage their arguing had, the Goldthwaits sought counseling and in misguided efforts to apologize to their children spoiled them rotten. Anything Bijou wanted could be gotten with a word. Unlike her brother she used guilt, tears, and charm when things didn't go her way.

She became aware of her magical talents before Laurentín but resented that his were stronger. As a result Bijou demanded private tutoring until becoming old enough to attend Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. She excelled in her studies but particularly in Astronomy as the stars reminded her of diamonds and the skies of interwoven colored silk. Talent for drawing also emerged and were quickly applied to fashion design. Upon graduating from Beauxbatons, Bijou started university at St. Jean-Luc College back home in Monaco. When her favorite Astronomy teacher left to retire last year, Bijou decided to transfer where the next best Astronomy teacher was on staff, Albus Dumbledore University.

Patronus (if applicable): N/A
    Five Pet Peeves:
  • Alcohol
  • Being second best
  • The word "no"
  • Fake jewelry
  • Being ignored

Five Strongest Likes:
  • Fashion
  • Art
  • Astronomy
  • When guys try talking to her in French
  • Laurentín
Favorite Type of Food: French Food and Italian Food
Style of Dress:
Bijou takes fashion very seriously. She finds casual "hipster" clothing poor looking and lacking pizzazz. She prefers to dress in high fashion trends and will meticulously coordinate every outfit. She prefers skirts, dresses, and high heels and isn't afraid to show off what God gave her. She wears at least lipstick and eyeshadow everyday even when working out.
Theme Song:
"Flawless" by Beyoncé
House:
Wand: Hazel with Unicorn Tail Hair Core, 7 1/2"
Pet (if applicable): Angelique, a cinnamon brown Mini Lop Rabbit
Club(s): Astronomy Club and Fashion Club President (once the semester starts of course!)
Favorite Subject: Astronomy
Most Hated Subject: History of Magic

SLYTHERIN
Laurentín Goldthwait | +
Sweetie_Bird wrote:
Official Student File

Full Name: Laurentín Léon Goldthwait
Birthday: August 12th
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color:
Laurentín has wavy sandy blonde hair he usually keeps short. He doesn't use products but brushes it 20 strokes with a boar bristle brush before bed. He claims this ritual makes his hair smooth and soft. During the summer he'll cut his hair even shorter (almost a buzz cut) yet still retain enough to keep it wavy.
Eye Color: Sapphire Blue
Height: 6'0"
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: Subtle silver eyebrow piercing on his right eyebrow.
Notable Unique Features: While not a natural feature, Laurentín grows his fingernails just a bit past his fingertips, files them into points, and paints them white.

Personality: Laurentín is charismatic, seductive, and sociable upon meeting. Don't be fooled. Beneath his charming demeanor is an aggressive and vengeful nature. Like his sister, he's incredibly spoiled even surpassing her in arrogance. He craves being adored and admired. He only tolerates two people sharing his spotlight, Bijou and whomever he considers his girlfriend. He thrives on being strong in every area of his life and refuses to lose. Laurentín is vicious to his enemies and anyone whom he befriends couldn't ask for a better protector for they only know what he shows them...
Alignment: Neutral leaning toward Dark
Brief History:
Laurentín and his twin sister Bijou were born in Monaco to jeweler Stéphane Goldthwait and model Blanche Fournier. Things may have seemed perfect to outsiders but their family dynamic was anything but. The parents constantly argued, often about their father's womanizing and mother's use of alcohol. The loud outbursts scared young Bijou and Laurentín did everything he could. He was the older sibling by a few minutes but still took the big brother role seriously. He would comfort her and take her into his room to hide when things became too stressful. This bond grew extremely close, bordering on co-dependent. Laurentín doesn't like being far from Bijou to this day. Upon seeing the damage their arguing had, the Goldthwaits sought counseling and in misguided efforts to apologize to their children spoiled them rotten. Leon would demand things, resentful and angry his parents acted so selfishly. Ironically he became selfish himself. His temper tantrums were loud, violent, and would only be quelled when he got his way.

Laurentín's magic abilities came later than his sister's but were twice as powerful. Their parents were proud of both children but he knew they had hoped for his powers to be weaker. Durmstrang Institute expressed their interest in the boy upon schooling age. The thought of being so many miles away from Bijou made Laurentín physically ill. His parents quickly declined for said reasons and sent him to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic to be with his sister. He did enough to pass his classes yet they never held his attention. He began to resent his connection to Bijou. The more he thought about it the more he wished he'd gone to Durmstrang, but kept it to himself. After graduating, he and Bijou started university at St. Jean-Luc College back home in Monaco. His Transfiguration skills developed greatly as did his curses and hexes. Also a love for the darker side of magic's history began. Laurentín was accused of experimenting with Dark Arts last year but was found innocent. Instead of returning to St. Jean-Luc College as an outcast, he transferred with his sister to ADU for a fresh start.

Patronus (if applicable): N/A
    Five Pet Peeves:
  • Weakness
  • Alcohol
  • Not being in control
  • Being ignored
  • Unworthy dogs flirting with his sister
    Five Strongest Likes:
  • Bijou
  • Beautiful women
  • Reading
  • Practicing Transfiguration
  • Lions
Favorite Type of Food: French Food
Style of Dress:
Laurentín is a strong believer in the saying "you have to look your best to be your best". Like his sister Bijou, he doesn't approve of anything that isn't designer. He hates bowties but will wear slim ties, vests, and button-down shirts. He only wears blazers or jackets on special occasions or if the weather calls for it. He never wears shorts and rarely will he be seen in jeans. He's the type of man who feels just as comfortable kicking someone's ass in slacks as he would in jeans. He can handle the dry cleaning bill so to speak.
Theme Song: "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top

House:
Wand: Ebony with Unicorn Tail Hair Core, 10 1/2"
Pet (if applicable): N/A
Club(s): N/A
Favorite Subject: Transfiguration followed closely by Drama
Most Hated Subject: Potions Courses of any kind

HUFFLEPUFF
Killian Lorenzo Benetti | +
Lollipop wrote:
Full Name: Kilian Lorenzo Benetti
Birthday: August 27
Orientation: Gay
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Kilian's hair is almost always a mess; black spikes stick up in all direction and no amount of products or brushing can make it look any better.
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5'11"
- Tattoo of the Italian flag on his lower back
Notable Unique Features:
- Pride bracelet, rainbow bracelet with the word "Pride" in black

Personality: Kilian has been told he has a bubbly personality, he loves hanging out and getting to know people. He's a caring individual who tries to always help out and be there for his friends, this being said, he can be a bit of a push over with his always trying to please others. Kilian is one of those people you can feel comfortable talking to about anything, he is sympathetic and wears his heart on his sleeve.

When he's not being a social butterfly, Kilian likes to curl up with a good book to read and snuggling with his cat. He can be fairly laid back and calm but will drop what he's doing in most cases to help someone else.
Alignment: Light
Brief History: Kilian was originally from Italy where he lived with his large extended mud-blood family. This resulted in him not really understanding the concepts of magic until much later then he should have and his clear inability to use it properly more often then not. Despite this, Kilian has always been close to his family, even after they sent him away for school.

Hogwarts was a new and exciting experience for him, he finally got the chance to be around proper witches and wizards! As you can imagine, he did better in some classes rather then others, Charms for instance fascinated him. The years at the school quickly flew by and before he knew it, Kilian was back home with his not so accepting family. By this time, he had discovered that he was in fact gay, to which his parents tried to change.

When the time came to make the decision to continue his education, Kilian took this as an opportunity to finally be free of his home. He came across ADU and fell in love with it; he applied for it and was accepted to attend the school where he could get a fresh start.
Patronus: Bird of Paradise
Five Pet Peeves:
- Homophobia
- Sloppiness
- Clutter
- Stereotypes
- Lack of self confidence
Five Strongest Likes:
+ Friends
+ Rainy days
+ Bright colours
+ Scarfs
+ Reading
Favorite Type of Food: Seafood
Style of Dress: Kilian's style is casual with a splash of colour. Jeans are his go to pants, usually blue or faded to a grey from over use. His shirts are either a colorful t-shirt or a button up shirt in shades of blues, greens, and a pale pink. His favourite accessory would be his scarves which he tries to incorporate into ever outfit. These are always the brightest part of his outfits with colours like yellows, oranges, and purples. His footwear consists of well worn sandals, or sneakers.
Theme Song: Somnambulist - BT

House:
Wand: 11" Holly, Thestral tail hair core
Pet: Persian Cat named Zanny
Club(s): None as of now
Favorite Subject: Drama or Charms
Most Hated Subject: Any form of Math

Finn Faltertop | +
Corrin wrote:
Official Student File

Full Name: Finn Faltertop
Birthday: January 15th
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Brown Hair, short but scruffy
Eye Color: Blue eyes
Height: 5’6”
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: n/a
Notable Unique Features: n/a

Personality: He doesn’t know what is socially acceptable, despite wanting to be. He simply acts, and reacts to the world around him, even if it garners a few laughs towards him. He used to be painfully shy, but he’s trying tragically to break out of his shell. Of course, at times, he can easily fall back into that shell. He views the world in a romantic way. He loves beauty, and adventure, and will daydream every moment of every day. He loves the world and the people in it.

After having been seen as a loner in Hogwarts, he’s decided that university is a place for him to get a fresh new start, make some friends, maybe even fall in love. He wants to find adventure, even if it means letting his grades slip a bit.

Brief History: Finn was muggle-born, and as a result knew nothing of the magic world before entering it. He felt like a fish out of water when he joined the ranks at Hogwarts, but loved the magic. He studied and became a top student. Yet he missed out on making any real friends.

In his last year of Hogwarts, his mother died. It was heart wrenching, and it gave him a sudden different view of the world around him. He fell in love with stories, and writing. He began to chronicle everything in his life, and realized how utterly dull it really was. So, after being accepted to Albus Dumbeldore University, Finn made it his life’s pledge to give his life more meaning, and to make it more exciting. He wants to find adventure, friends, and maybe a true love.

Patronus (if applicable): n/a

Five Pet Peeves:

- Being bullied
- People interrupting him when he’s writing and in the ‘zone’
- Being called names, especially mudblood
- Liars
- People who take things for granted

Five Strongest Likes:

- Blueberry pie
- Finding a quiet place to sit and relax in nature
- The rain
- The clouds
- The shooting stars

Favorite Type of Food:

Cheese, cheesy foods, foods with cheese, and everything in between

Style of Dress: He’ll wear sweaters and slacks, of more earthy colors

Theme Song: n/a

House:

Wand: Ivy with Unicorn Hair Core

Pet (if applicable): n/a

Club(s): n/a

Most Hated Subject: Care of magical creatures

RAVENCLAW
Jasmine Weasley | +
Sweetie_Bird wrote:
Full Name: Jasmine Molly Weasley
Birthday: April 3rd
Race: Witch
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color:
Jasmine has thick, tightly curled copper red hair that falls a couple inches past her shoulders. She keeps it long and free most of the time. On occasion she wears it in a simple braid or ponytail.
Eye Color: Chocolate Brown
Height: 5'4" / 162 cm
She has a small dark brown birthmark shaped like a "y" on her hip and standard ear piercings.
Notable Unique Features: None

Personality:
Jasmine is unabashedly bubbly when not reading books or composing music. She isn't likely to start conversations but if she does it's because of the other person's spirit. She is a firm believer in kindred spirits and that everything happens for a reason. She tends to hide the depth of her emotions in her music or journal than express them out loud. She can be stubborn and has an icy temper, especially when she feels herself or her friends have been personally attacked. It takes a very thorough and logical reason for her to change her mind on things. Much like her grandfather George, Jasmine has a sense of humor buried inside her and a fondness for pranks that shows up every now and again.
Brief History:
Fred Weasley II formally met the mysterious Elouise Thatchett his fifth year at Hogwarts. The two graduated and married a few years later. Their daughter was named Jasmine Molly after her great-grandmothers. From an early age, Jasmine showed great interest in music. She began practicing piano and her family realized she had a natural gift which they nurtured. She branched out to begin learning violin and the flute as well, which became her favorite. Jasmine's mother became more distant with her as the girl grew older. Often she would only show mild approval if any at all.

Later upon starting Hogwarts she was sorted into Ravenclaw and dedicated herself to studying in hopes of regaining her mother's dwindling affections. While Arithmancy wasn't her strong suit, she managed to get high marks. During this time she discovered diaries of famous Muggles and Wizards. They inspired her to try her hand at journaling and it became a much beloved outlet along with her developing musical talents.

No matter how hard she studied or what she composed, Jasmine's mother remained uninterested in her. This sent Jasmine into a period of deep depression which pained her father greatly. After graduating Hogwarts, Jasmine and her father travelled with her aunt Roxanne during the summer and she documented her trips with photos and essays. It lifted the young witch's spirits and helped her heal. This masked the breaking relationship of her parents which eventually crumbled. Fred II and Jasmine returned home to find they'd been abandoned by Elouise without so much as a goodbye. Only with her Weasley family's encouragement did Jasmine enroll at Albus Dumbledore University. They knew travel always did her good. Of course, they were right. Now Jasmine is coping much better with the abandonment of her mother and is trying to fill her heart with good things as she begins her second year at ADU.

Patronus (if applicable): None
Five Pet Peeves:
-Speaking in front of a large group
-People interrupting her reading without saying 'Excuse me...'
-Bragging
-Lack of imagination
-Laziness and lack of work ethic

Five Strongest Likes:
-Cae, her pet owl
-Music
-Spending time with family
-Reading
-Tea
Favorite Type of Food: Japanese Food
Style of Dress:
Jasmine loves bright colors. Even a black and white outfit will be accentuated by a splash of bubblegum pink or turquoise blue. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything shorter than mid-thigh length without stockings of some kind. Jasmine isn't a fan of wild patterns but adores plaid and pinstripes. Unable to choose a favorite, she goes between casual and semi-casual clothes. This includes band t-shirts, blazers, sweater dresses, suspenders, and jeans. Oh and Doc Martens in various colors and patterns.
Theme Song:
"Pack Up" by Eliza Doolittle
House:
Wand: Dogwood with Phoenix Feather Core, 10 3/4"
Pet (if applicable): Capercaillie "Cae" Weasley (Male, Barn Owl)
Club(s): None Yet
Favorite Subject:
Enchanted Instruments--Whistles and Woodwinds
Most Hated Subject:
Basic Arithmancy...or any level of Arithmancy, actually!

Annika Graves | +
Shadow Lady wrote:
Full Name: Annika Graves
Birthday: November 27th, 1994
Race: Werewolf
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Wavy, dark chocolate
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5'2"
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: An infinity symbol tattooed on her left wrist.
Notable Unique Features: None relevant.

Personality: Annika is usually polite to people, but in a stand-offish way. It's a politeness that seems to advise others not to get too close, and Annika herself
will not get too close to anyone else unless she can't help. When she gets to befriend someone, Annika shows herself as a loyal and generous friend, but always

taking a step back for fear of harming someone and due to the shame of her curse.

Alignment: Neutral.

Brief History: Annika was always the kind of child who liked to be apart from others. She was never mean to anyone, never mistreated anyone and managed to make one

or two friends, but her preference was always to be alone, in her own small universe. Daughter to a wizard couple, Annika never expected to be anything other than

a witch, and finding out she was indeed one did not come as a shock. The other side of her nature did, though. For her luck - or misfortune -, Annika got changed
shortly after finishing her regular education. Luck because she didn't have to endure full moons while a student, misfortune because the curse messed up everything

she had planned for herself. A simple life, a Ministry job or a job in Gringotts, something simple, basic, safe. But now, it was all gone, with one single bite.

One bite that left her a scar on her left shoulder (one which is always kept hidden, like a shameful thing) and a life destined to loneliness and fear. Annika's
interest in going to the University was more due to her father's request - he wanted his girl to try and have a normal life - than to her own free will. Although

without much of a perspective on what to do with her life now, Annika decided to give it a try.

Patronus (if applicable): A large Mastiff.

Five Pet Peeves: Loud noises, excessive questioning, getting touched by surprise, rudeness, surprises in general.

Five Strongest Likes: Books, music, dogs, sleeping, learning.

Favorite Type of Food: Red meat in general.

Style of Dress: Casual. Consisting mostly in comfortable, yet clean and well kept clothes.

Theme Song: Born to be wild, by Steppenwolf.

House:
Wand: Ash, Unicorn Hair Core, 8"
Pet (if applicable): None
Club(s): None
Most Hated Subject: Drama

Roisin Merriweather | +
The Creator wrote:
Official Student File

Full Name: Roisin Krystal Merriweather
Birthday: March 17
Orientation: straight
Race: Wizardess
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Long red hair
Eye Color: Deep green
Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: Ears are pierced, in the middle of her lower back is a birthmark in the shape of a tree

Notable Unique Features: Her voice sounds a bit funny because it has a bit of a musical background or other words her talking voice sounds as if she is constantly singing.

Personality: She is very shy but will warm up when she gets to know someone. She has a curious nature and is a book worm.

Alignment: probably gray but more of a lighter gray

Brief History: Roisin has been basically shunned by her family for her odd voice and affinity for animals. When she was 13, Roisin was sent to live with her grandmother who had failing health. She learned much by living there but all of it was towards the healing of a person. When her grandmother died earlier in the spring, Roisin was lost as to what to do for she had been told all of her life what to do and often how to do things- much to her own dislike. When she received the letter from Albus Dumbledore University

Patronus (if applicable): A Lyre bird that has rainbow wings of promise

Five Pet Peeves:
1)Hypocritical people
2)Loud noises
3)Being treated as if she was a child or stupid
4)War and fighting
5)Being overlooked

Five Strongest Likes:
1)Being included
2)Animals!
3)Chocolate
4)Jewelry
5)Books of Magic

Favorite Type of Food: Meat and potatoes- particularly fried chicken!

Style of Dress: Peasant blouse, skirt with pockets and ends at her mid calf, leather boots, shawl if chilly, bookbag and a belt with pouches that she has made.

Theme Song: Where has all the flowers gone by Peter, Paul and Mary

House:

Wand: Rosewood with an inner core of black ebony that houses mercury. There are 2 lyre bird feathers inside- each one is in the opposite direction of the other one. The tip has a moonstone gem

Pet (if applicable): A gray cat named Shadow
Club(s): None
Favorite Subject: Potions
Most Hated Subject: Transfiguration or anything with math

Last edited by Sweetie_Bird on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 pm 

Faculty by Dorm:

PHOENIX
Prof. Tyre Jordan: Transfiguration, Charms and Drama | +
Gunther wrote:
Full Name: Tyresius Calvin Jordan (Nickname: "Tyre")
Birthday: 15 August 1964

Orientation: North facing - Upwardly mobile
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Professor Jordan's hair is cut short, but usually wild and windswept. The only aspect of his appearance left untidy is his hair. His temples are gray and the majority of the hair is dark brown.
Eye Color: bluish gray
Height: 5' 10" (70")
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: A scroll arcs across the outside of his left shoulder. Inside the scroll is the inscription, "Fada Gan Iarracht" which is an Irish phrase that simply means "nothing can be achieved without effort". His left forearm is adorned with an eight inch celtic cross.
Notable Unique Features: Wild hair and a handlebar mustache

Personality: Professor Jordan is an ambitious, arrogant, aggressive, confident and proud wizard who is out for his own good. He will do what is necessary to satisfy the Headmaster's wishes, but personally, is not interested, unless of course the Headmaster is helping Professor Jordan get a leg up on the competition. In fact, Professor Jordan would be more than willing to take on the role of Headmaster at ADU.

Tyre Jordan enjoys listening to classical music and has memorized all 38 Shakespearean plays. He enjoys engaging in physical exercise, working out as well as running on a regular basis. As a pure blood wizard, Professor Jordan believes ADU is a better place because he is there.
Alignment: Dark
Brief History: While a student at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Tyre Jordan was a member of Slytherin House, studying hard. He never served as prefect but was a Chaser for Slytherin for five of his seven years at Hogwarts scoring an average of 18 goals or 180 points per year. Often times Tyre Jordan was criticized for committing more fouls than goals. He was noted for Blagging, Blatching, and Cobbing. It was comon knowledge that Tyre Jordan wore elbow pads specifically for Cobbing. He is proud to note that he never once was accused of Haversacking or Quaffle-pocking. The other three offenses, he always chalks up to an aggressive play style. Tyre admits to only drawing his wand one time in his final year to assist a fellow Slytherin injured by the Ravenclaw Keeper. Tyre has carried resentment for anyone from Ravenclaw House since then.

When Tyre left Hogwarts, he excelled in Transfiguration successfully training himself to morph into an Irish Wolfhound named "Baldur" (Animagus). Professor Jordan has always kept an Irish Wolfhound as a pet. In reality, the two are inseparable, being best of friends.

Tyre left Hogwart's to pursue acting. He attended the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts (W.A.D.A.) in London graduating in 1986 with a degree in Shakespearean plays. He worked for a few acting troops for the next ten years before falling in with a group in Romania known for their unique style of acting. They integrated magic into their performances and only performed for magic audiences. This gave Jordan a flair for embellishments!

At the time of the Battle of Hogwarts, Tyre Jordan was living in Romania. He heard about the death of Voldemort after a play one night. Although he aligned himself politically with the Death eaters, he never was one, and quite frankly would not have joined Lord Voldemort on his quest simply because it conflicted with his own. He admired the wizard for his strength, resourcefulness and leadership, but he felt the same way about Harry Potter. He knew neither one.

After the fall of Voldemort, Tyre returned to the United Kingdom and secured a position at the Ministry of Magic on the Committee on Experimental Charms. In this capacity, Professor Jordan has increased his knowledge of Charms to include those that he and his colleagues created while working at the Ministry of Magic. It was while working at the Ministry that Tyre Jordan was contacted by Prof. Bellona Crann of the Albus Dumbledore University in Tutlloch, Scotland.

Patronus: Irish Wolfhound
Five Pet Peeves:
- Laziness
- Poor grammar and spelling
- Sloven, untidy people and living spaces
- Anyone disrespecting authority and other people's property
- Muggles who believe they are entitled to great things
Five Strongest Likes:
- Jameson's Irish Whiskey
- Studying/learning Transfiguration spells, charms, hexes and curses
- Shakespeare
- hiking or running in the mountains/woods
- Duels
Favorite Type of Food: Lamb Stew
Style of Dress: Neat and meticulous best describes Professor Jordan's style of dress. He can be found wearing a fashionable suit. The buttoned shirts he wears have either band, high band, or tall standing collars. On occasion, he will wear a folded corner wing collar, specifically the first day of classes at school. His suits are traditional wizarding garb with or without a vest and almost always with a cloak if not a full robe. Tyre prefers darker colors like black, brown and emerald green, but will often offset the dark colored clothing with a brighter color. In Autumn, he will wear a bright orange vestment with a brown suit. His emerald green robes will almost always have a lavendar or purple scarf in accessory. When wearing black, there are many different options, but he does tend to gravitate toward reds. Professor Tyre Jordan wears either patent leather low quarter leather pointed-toe shoes or a high black or brown riding boot polished to a glass-like finish.
Theme Song: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Overture by Richard Wagner

Staff Dorm:
Wand: 14" rosewood with Troll Whisker core
Pet: 6-year old Irish Wolfhound named, "Charles Leslie" or simply, "Charlie" and on occasion, "Bonnie Prince Charlie".
Subject: Transfiguration, Charms and Drama

"Baldur on the left and Charles Leslie on the right"

DRAGON

UNICORN
Prof. Thorn Sidrai: Care of Magical Creatures, Latin | +
Lollipop wrote:
Full Name: Thorn Alka Sidrai
Birthday: January 3
Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Half Veela
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Thorn has straight black hair that reaches to about his chin, it has a jagged appearance at the ends at slightly different lengths. The colors is mostly black from when he dyed it with blonde underneath.
Eye Color: Light green
Height: 6'1"
- Two small hoop earring in his left ear, silver
Notable Unique Features:
- Cuts and scars along his hands and knuckles
- Almost always wears black finger-less gloves

Personality: He may appear as a friendly member of staff who's goal is to expand the minds of his pupils and make sure they live up to their true potential but when Thorn's not in the classroom or having to act the part he can be down right mean. When in the right mood and mindset he can be a friendly as anyone, offering to help out or even praising a student for doing something, otherwise he would much rather be left alone and he's wouldn't be afraid to tell you so.
Brief History: Being half Veela meant that Thorn was never without someone to give orders to. His family was on the higher end of society with money, property, and status. Thorn loved it and he would take advantage of what he had. When he was younger, he was the only one out of three who did not follow the typical traditions of most Veela; he cut and dyed his hair, wore dark clothing, and had a snarky attitude towards everything. His parents thought of this as a phase and let him have his own way, this gave him just about the run of the house which only resulted in him being much the same way when he was older.

As a young adult, he still had a rebellious streak and didn't listen well to authorities or his parents. Thorn did what he wanted when he wanted and no one could tell him otherwise. This led him into a rocky part of his life where things got a little experimental and his friend choice could have been better. It took a few more years after this before anyone could get through to him, if you could even call it that. Thorn stopped most of the things he was doing but he was still the same old guy. His parents thought it would be a good idea to get him into something where he would need to be responsible and attentive. Thorn was enlisted to teach at a university.
Patronus: None
Five Pet Peeves:
- Cities
- Disorganization
- Noise
- Spoiled children
- Meddlers
Five Strongest Likes:
+ Plant life
+ Quiet
+ Meditating
+ When things go as planned
+ Vegetarians
Favorite Type of Food: Fresh fruit
Style of Dress: Thorn tends to wear either leather or his traditional elven clothing. Typically when teaching he wears black pants with a black leather shirt with a collar. Long black boots accompany this outfit as well as black gloves. His alternative is silver leggings, a navy tunic, black belt, and barefoot. You can say that his style goes from with drawn and dark to more open and less intimidating.
Theme Song: Hysteria - Muse

Staff Dorm:
Wand: 12" Willow, Veela hair core
Pet: Maine Coon Cat named Veil
Subject(s): Care of Magical Creatures, Latin

Prof. Avallach Ambrosious: Astronomy | +
Dnarion wrote:
Official Faculty File

Full Name: Avallach Ambrosious
Birthday: May 6th, 1980
Orientation: Heterosexual
Photograph:
Hair Type and Color: Wavy and Red
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 6’ 2”
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: None
Notable Unique Features: None

Personality: Quiet when not teaching, a bit shy around the opposite gender outside of the classroom, doesn’t mind working hard, and is a romantic at heart. He had intolerance for abuse of any kind. He can be a bit spontaneous at times, and truly compassionate towards those who have earned such.

Brief History: Avallach was born on Glastonbury Isle, and raised there for the most part until he went to Hogwarts when he received his letter. His family were both members of the magical community: Arthur and Alanna. His mother was a private tutor for students on matters of charms and potions, and his father was a member of the Ministry of Defense. His time at Hogwarts was not easy as he was quite shy around members of the opposite gender, but he managed to focus past such interactions, and did quite well in school. Avallach graduated from the legendary school with honors, and found his focus in Astronomy…though he was good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and History of Magic as well as Transfiguration. Still, the stars were what called to him, and such was his focus of study at the University where he hoped to one day teach. For though he had a gift for Astronomy; he had a better gift for teaching. Avallach never really had any romance in his life; which was ironic since he had a very romantic heart.

Avallach has had duels in the past…some he has won…some he lost. In each case loss safe only one did his opponent have to fight hard for the victory. He would prefer to settle things peacefully, but that was not always the case. Five years ago, he discovered a new star in the Orion Constellation, and recorded it. The star was named in memory of his mother Alanna who had died earlier that year in a car crash. His father, at this point, left Britain, and has not been seen since then. Avallach continues to be shy around the opposite gender outside of a professional level. He has discovered that he can fight past this shyness if the woman is in trouble of some sort. His parents had long taught him to respect life, and Avallach has kept this teaching deep in his heart. He has never had to take a life as yet. His one dream other than teaching is to find a woman who can bring him out of his shell, and will enjoy his presence as much as he will her own. Eventually, such a dream would include children. With both parents gone in one fashion or another; Avallach inherited the cottage he grew up in on Glastonbury Isle.

Patronus: Dragon
Five Pet Peeves: Messiness, Repeating the same mistakes, Cruelty, Stupidity (not a simple mistake, but those who act carelessly and cause trouble), and Harm to Books
Five Strongest Likes: Compassion, Books, Intelligence and Wisdom, Astronomy, and Rain
Favorite Type of Food: Seafood, Fruits, Pastas,
Style of Dress: Relaxed English in public, but at the University…he tends to wear silver grey robes edged in the colors of his house at the school.
Theme Song: Requiem for a Dream

Staff Dorm:
Wand: 13 ¾” Maple with Phoenix core and surprisingly swishy.
Pet (if applicable):
Subject(s): Astronomy

HIPPOGRYFF
Prof. Dougal Carmody: Curses, Hexes, & Jinxes | +
Indomitable Monolith wrote:
Full Name: Dougal Carmody

Birthday: 30 July

Orientation: None of your business!

Photograph:

Hair Type and Color: Short, Somewhat Curly, & Grey

Eye Color: Brown

• Across his shoulders, from the right to the left, run a herd of seven galloping paints (horses); their hooves are hidden by a cloud of dust and their manes fly back in the wind. Comprised of magical ink, it seems as though the horses are completely content in their wild freedom to those in whom honor; integrity; and courage are deeply rooted.
  • Covering most of the rest of his back is a grey stallion speckled with black rearing, its hind legs planted firmly upon the lower right corner of his back while its forelegs kick freely on the left side in the middle of his back. The stallion’s white-maned head is thrown back as though calling to the paints above it; the stallion’s tail is black. To those in whom great passion is deeply rooted, the horse appears almost to smile and a light seems to dance in its eyes as its mane and tail fly at the touch of an unseen and unfelt wind; this, too, was tattooed upon his back with magical ink.
  • Upon his left pectoral muscle is tattooed the original Ravenclaw crest, a tribute to his time at Hogwarts.
  • Upon his upper is tattooed a sketch of a Diricawl that seems to blink from time to time; however, it does so rarely enough that most people aren’t certain whether it actually blinked or they imagined it. Of course, this was tattooed upon him with magical ink as well.
  • Written along the inside of his left forearm from his elbow to his wrist, the letters facing him so that he can read them at his leisure, is the name Kirstie in stylized cursive; the tattoo, composed of magical ink, slowly “bleeds” from black to green whenever he’s thinking about a woman he once loved beyond measure - a woman who bore that name.

Notable Unique Features:
  • A wedding ring of pure silver upon the ringer finger of his right hand.
  • A ring of solid gold upon his left forefinger, the ovular ruby set into it containing swirling red smoke.
  • The hilt of his wand, which is carved into the shape of a howling wolf.

Personality: In a word, grouchy. He believes that most of the students at the university will undoubtedly heed him very little and that they will most likely spend the vast majority of their free time partying and pulling pranks rather than studying or completing assignments. He spends much of his own free time lost in thought while creating clay sculptures with his hands alone - no magic. Of course, that’s not to say that he doesn’t enchant them afterward; more than a few people have wondered about the eyes of his statues, for they always seem to be watching those that pass by them.

For the most part, Dougal likes his peace and his quiet. He listens to classical music; he sculpts; he drinks; he smokes cigars; and he reads classic literature. He doesn’t beat around the bush much; he’s the kind of person who tells it like it is. He’s also slightly insane - or so others consider him. He’s sociable enough after a couple of drinks but he’s not someone you want standing against you in a duel. Most importantly, however, he likes keeping his personal history to himself.

Brief History:
Dougal knows little of his bloodline, save that his family was very small and commonly associated with vampires throughout Ireland and parts of Scotland; he also knows that they were completely pure-blood and known for practicing ancient magic wielded prior to the invention of the modern wand. He was born in Longford (Ireland) but was raised by a Scottish alcoholic. His adopted father had been divorced twice when he adopted Dougal; despite his usual drunken state, he was quite jovial and compassionate.

In Hogwarts, Dougal was a sort of shy ladies’ man. He served both as Prefect and Head Boy of Ravenclaw House when he was young. After Hogwarts, he was a championship broomstick racer who rarely lost for a number of years; it was one of his adoring fans - a lovely red-headed lass named Kirsteen Darrow - who finally caught his eye. They were married six months later.

Then Voldemort came. Although he never joined the Order of the Phoenix, Dougal gave up his career to work as a spy for the British Ministry of Magic. He went through extensive training as an Auror in secret and then began hunting down dark witches and wizards in search of witnesses or servants of the so-called “dark lord” that he could convince to turn against Voldemort. While he was doing some wet work one evening, an employee of the British Ministry’s Department of Mysteries - whom Dougal had consulted a number of times - was captured and tortured for information. Dougal’s identity was discovered and his wife was murdered in cold blood; the Minister then refused to take his messages and the Ministry no longer acknowledged his existence after that.

Dougal has been in hiding ever since. After Voldemort was defeated, he did not rejoice; he was still mourning his wife. When he resurfaced, the new Minister of Magic tried to recruit him just as secretly as the previous Minister had; he flat-out refused and vanished before the Minister could order him to rejoin the Ministry as one of its spies. Even after Voldemort’s second defeat, he did not resurface; however, it is believed that Albus Dumbledore may have quietly discovered his whereabouts at some point before his death. If he did, he never said a word to anyone.

Dougal was recently discovered by someone trying to recruit teachers for something called Albus Dumbledore University. Unbeknownst to the recruiter, it wasn’t the many attempts to convince him to teach that caused Dougal to finally agree; it was a vision that he has yet to share with anyone. The contents of that vision are locked up tightly in his mind, only to be revealed when he is ready - or when the prophecy he has hidden since then comes true…

A huge grey stallion speckled with black; the stallion’s mane is white and its tail is black.

Five Pet Peeves:
  • Use of the word “fall” instead of “autumn”.
  • Unnecessary/Unexplained Noise(s)
  • Talkative People
  • Interruptions (especially of his music)
  • People who try to interpret art aloud.

Five Strongest Likes:
  • Crown Royal (Canadian whiskey)
  • Cigars
  • Renaissance Art (mostly paintings & sculptures)
  • Which Broomstick?
  • Wizard Weekly

Favorite Type of Food: Corned Beef Hash

Style of Dress:
He dresses well but doesn’t try to show off; trousers and button-downs are his usual style, with the occasional scarf, and a jacket to complete the look. He’s been known to wear turtlenecks as well. He likes broad-brimmed hats that protect the back of his neck as well as his face, and he’s usually wearing well-polished shoes or boots of brown leather. His button-downs rarely have the top couple of buttons buttoned, although they’re always tucked in when he goes out somewhere or has to make an appearance (e.g. in lessons). Oh, and he absolutely refuses to wear a tie.

Theme Song: Igor Stravinsky’s Concerto in D

Staff Dorm:

Wand: 10” Inflexible Hornbeam, Dragon Heartstring Core

Pet (if applicable):
  • Several giant purple toads in a rather large terrarium that he feeds dead blowflies to regularly.
  • A six-year-old female Scottish Deerhound named Molly.

Subject(s): Curses, Hexes, & Jinxes

Prof. Bellona Crann: Administrative Assistant, Substitute Prof. of Wizard Literature (only if needed) | +
[qoute="Sweetie_Bird"]Full Name: Bellona Isabella Maureen Crann
Birthday: September 9th
Race: Witch
Photograph:

Hair Type and Color:
Bellona's luxurious, dark coffee brown waves reach the middle of her back. She's very particular about keeping it painstakingly neat and back in a conservative bun. Seeing her hair down is so rare, rumor has it that a picture of such a thing is worth 90 Galleons in the Staff Lounge.
Eye Color: Dark Caramel Brown
Height: 5'7" / 170 cm
She only has standard ear piercings, she once debated getting a tattoo in her youth but decided against it.
Notable Unique Features:
From the middle of her chest to the top of her stomach is a permanent scar from life saving childhood surgery. She avoids wearing anything that exposes it and is grateful no one knows of it.

Personality:
Bellona is a strong, determined woman who is passionate about her calling in education. Her no-nonsense attitude and consistently professional demeanor are her way of ensuring any situation is handled with excellence. All of this is for the benefit of others, not just herself. Unfortunately this leaves her with only colleagues and associates...not friends. Oft times she gets frustrated when people write her off as cold or excessively cerebral. It takes time for her to warm up, underneath her rigidity is a warm nurturing soul with creativity in spades. Truly it's worth the wait...

Brief History:
Her father was an American and worked as a travel reporter, refusing to accept his magical blood. Her mother was Italian, making a lucrative living as a translator for magical folk visiting the country. They met at the train station when Mr. Crann couldn't locate his interpreter, only to run into his future wife. They were meant to be from the beginning. They married and soon Bellona was born. Out of her mother's curiosity the couple delivered at a Muggle hospital only to be given heartbreaking news. Upon her birth, Bellona had an abscess obstructing the lower region of her trachea. If emergency surgery wasn't performed to remove it, she would die. While Bellona survived the procedure, it left her with a permanent scar.

Bellona grew into a sickly child physically but had undeniable intellect and magical potential. The family healer recommended they move to a rural town outside of Gloucester for its fresh air and peaceful environs. From then on Bellona grew healthier but her parents still fretted over her health constantly. She understood their intent but quickly grew irritated with being seen as weak or fragile. On her insistent wishes they enrolled her into Hogwarts. She was sorted into Ravenclaw and excelled in her studies. She selflessly declined the role of prefect claiming it was for someone with 'better social graces' than herself. Despite that she tutored many students and found her calling to be in clerical work and education.

Before Voldemort's return, her father grew ill and she took a job as secretary to the CEO of a major textbook publisher back in Italy. She cared for both parents and ensured their health and stability while the battles raged on. She heard news of Harry Potter and Voldemort's conflict and sympathized with the young wizard. Upon Voldemort's defeat, her boss recommended her to the Ministry of Magic in Italy to represent them in England. From there she worked in the Education Department until the mysterious Headmaster of Albus Dumbledore University revealed he had need of her assistance...

Patronus (if applicable): Polar Bear

Five Pet Peeves:
-Not being taken seriously
-Teasing
-Messiness and disorganization
-Arrogance
-Dishonesty

Five Strongest Likes:
-Rain and thunderstorms
-Sweets
-Intelligent conversation over coffee
-Writing and reading poetry
-The smell of clove, honey, and cinnamon

Favorite Type of Food: Mediterranean Food and Italian Food
Style of Dress:
Bellona usually dresses in stylish business attire but rarely dresses in colors outside of white, black, red, and grey. One of her colleagues jokingly dubbed her "the Office Goth", which she secretly took as high praise. Whatever Bellona wears is planned down to the purse she carries. However this isn't for vanity or insecurity. She takes her job seriously and shows her dedication in all areas, showing respect for her job and herself by dressing well is the most obvious way.
Theme Song:
"Green Onions" by Booker T. and the MGs
Staff Dorm:
Wand: Holly with Dragon Heartstring Core, 12"
Pet (if applicable): None
Subject(s):
Administrative Assistant, Substitute Prof. of Wizard Literature (only if needed)[/quote]

Last edited by Sweetie_Bird on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:12 pm 

THE OOC IS NOW OPEN! =D

Alrighty, there's one slot left guys but we can still party. :3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:54 am 

Might I join? | +
There are quite a few people, though, from what I saw...

Full Name: Dougal Carmody

Birthday: 30 July

Orientation: None of your business!

Photograph:

Hair Type and Color: Short, Somewhat Curly, & Grey

Eye Color: Brown

• Across his shoulders, from the right to the left, run a herd of seven galloping paints (horses); their hooves are hidden by a cloud of dust and their manes fly back in the wind. Comprised of magical ink, it seems as though the horses are completely content in their wild freedom to those in whom honor; integrity; and courage are deeply rooted.
  • Covering most of the rest of his back is a grey stallion speckled with black rearing, its hind legs planted firmly upon the lower right corner of his back while its forelegs kick freely on the left side in the middle of his back. The stallion’s white-maned head is thrown back as though calling to the paints above it; the stallion’s tail is black. To those in whom great passion is deeply rooted, the horse appears almost to smile and a light seems to dance in its eyes as its mane and tail fly at the touch of an unseen and unfelt wind; this, too, was tattooed upon his back with magical ink.
  • Upon his left pectoral muscle is tattooed the original Ravenclaw crest, a tribute to his time at Hogwarts.
  • Upon his upper is tattooed a sketch of a Diricawl that seems to blink from time to time; however, it does so rarely enough that most people aren’t certain whether it actually blinked or they imagined it. Of course, this was tattooed upon him with magical ink as well.
  • Written along the inside of his left forearm from his elbow to his wrist, the letters facing him so that he can read them at his leisure, is the name Kirstie in stylized cursive; the tattoo, composed of magical ink, slowly “bleeds” from black to green whenever he’s thinking about a woman he once loved beyond measure - a woman who bore that name.

Notable Unique Features:
  • A wedding ring of pure silver upon the ring finger of his right hand.
  • A ring of solid gold upon his right forefinger, the ovular ruby set into it containing swirling red smoke.
  • The hilt of his wand, which is carved into the shape of a howling wolf.

Personality: In a word, grouchy. He believes that most of the students at the university will undoubtedly heed him very little and that they will most likely spend the vast majority of their free time partying and pulling pranks rather than studying or completing assignments. He spends much of his own free time lost in thought while creating clay sculptures with his hands alone - no magic. Of course, that’s not to say that he doesn’t enchant them afterward; more than a few people have wondered about the eyes of his statues, for they always seem to be watching those that pass by them.

For the most part, Dougal likes his peace and his quiet. He listens to classical music; he sculpts; he drinks; he smokes cigars; and he (gasp!) reads classic literature. He doesn’t beat around the bush much; he’s the kind of person who tells it like it is. He’s also slightly insane - or so others consider him. He’s sociable enough after a couple of drinks but he’s not someone you want standing against you in a duel. Most importantly, however, he likes keeping his personal history to himself.

Brief History:
A wee bit longer than I meant it to be… | +
Dougal knows little of his bloodline, save that his family was very small and commonly associated with vampires throughout Ireland and parts of Scotland; he also knows that they were completely pure-blood and known for practicing ancient magic wielded prior to the invention of the modern wand. He was born in Longford (Ireland) but was raised by a Scottish alcoholic. His adopted father had been divorced twice when he adopted Dougal; despite his usual drunken state, he was quite jovial and compassionate.

In Hogwarts, Dougal was a sort of shy ladies’ man. He served both as Prefect and Head Boy of Ravenclaw House when he was young. After Hogwarts, he was a championship broomstick racer who rarely lost for a number of years; it was one of his adoring fans - a lovely red-headed lass named Kirsteen Darrow - who finally caught his eye. They were married six months later.

Then Voldemort came. Although he never joined the Order of the Phoenix, Dougal gave up his career to work as a spy for the British Ministry of Magic. He went through extensive training as an Auror in secret and then began hunting down dark witches and wizards in search of witnesses or servants of the so-called “dark lord” that he could convince to turn against Voldemort. While he was doing some wet work one evening, an employee of the British Ministry’s Department of Mysteries - whom Dougal had consulted a number of times - was captured and tortured for information. Dougal’s identity was discovered and his wife was murdered in cold blood; the Minister then refused to take his messages and the Ministry no longer acknowledged his existence after that.

Dougal has been in hiding ever since. After Voldemort was defeated, he did not rejoice; he was still mourning his wife. When he resurfaced, the new Minister of Magic tried to recruit him just as secretly as the previous Minister had; he flat-out refused and vanished before the Minister could order him to rejoin the Ministry as one of its spies. Even after Voldemort’s second defeat, he did not resurface; however, it is believed that Albus Dumbledore may have quietly discovered his whereabouts at some point before his death. If he did, he never said a word to anyone.

Dougal was recently discovered by someone trying to recruit teachers for something called Albus Dumbledore University. Unbeknownst to the recruiter, it wasn’t the many attempts to convince him to teach that caused Dougal to finally agree; it was a vision that he has yet to share with anyone. The contents of that vision are locked up tightly in his mind, only to be revealed when he is ready - or when the prophecy he has hidden since then comes true…

A huge grey stallion speckled with black; the stallion’s mane is white and its tail is black.

Five Pet Peeves:
  • Use of the word “fall” instead of “autumn”.
  • Unnecessary/Unexplained Noise(s)
  • Talkative People
  • Interruptions (especially of his music)
  • People who try to interpret art aloud.

Five Strongest Likes:
  • Crown Royal (Canadian whiskey)
  • Cigars
  • Renaissance Art (mostly paintings & sculptures)
  • Which Broomstick?
  • Wizard Weekly

Favorite Type of Food: Corned Beef Hash

Style of Dress:
He dresses well but doesn’t try to show off; trousers and button-downs are his usual style, with the occasional scarf, and a jacket to complete the look. He’s been known to wear turtlenecks as well. He likes broad-brimmed hats that protect the back of his neck as well as his face, and he’s usually wearing well-polished shoes or boots of brown leather. His button-downs rarely have the top couple of buttons buttoned, although they’re always tucked in when he goes out somewhere or has to make an appearance (e.g. in lessons). Oh, and he absolutely refuses to wear a tie.

Theme Song: Igor Stravinsky’s Concerto in D

Staff Dorm: WILL BE FILLED IN WHEN SORTED

Wand: 10” Inflexible Hornbeam, Dragon Heartstring Core

Pet (if applicable):
  • Several giant purple toads in a rather large terrarium that he feeds dead blowflies to regularly.
  • A six-year-old female Scottish Deerhound named Molly.

Subject(s): Curses, Hexes, & Jinxes

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

Last edited by Indomitable Monolith on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Woohoo! I am so looking forward to this!

I'll try to get my character done possibly by tonight late tonight or tomorrow since I won't be home all day (I got a wedding to go to...yay...)

Quick Question: Are we allowed more then one character? i.e. One teacher, and one student.

Complete Guide to CF
Staff And Off-Site Contact Information
Posting Tutorial and Tips
News and Updates

Last edited by Lollipop on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

Official Faculty File

Full Name: Tyresius Calvin Jordan (Nickname: "Tyre")
Birthday: 15 August 1964

Orientation: North facing - Upwardly mobile
Photograph:
Tyre Jordan | +

Hair Type and Color: Professor Jordan's hair is cut short, but usually wild and windswept. The only aspect of his appearance left untidy is his hair. His temples are gray and the majority of the hair is dark brown.
Eye Color: bluish gray
Height: 5' 10" (70")
Birthmarks/Tattoos/Piercings: A scroll arcs across the outside of his left shoulder. Inside the scroll is the inscription, "Fada Gan Iarracht" which is an Irish phrase that simply means "nothing can be achieved without effort". His left forearm is adorned with an eight inch celtic cross.
Notable Unique Features: Wild hair and a handlebar mustache

Personality: Professor Jordan is an ambitious, arrogant, aggressive, confident and proud wizard who is out for his own good. He will do what is necessary to satisfy the Headmaster's wishes, but personally, is not interested, unless of course the Headmaster is helping Professor Jordan get a leg up on the competition. In fact, Professor Jordan would be more than willing to take on the role of Headmaster at ADU.

Tyre Jordan enjoys listening to classical music and has memorized all 38 Shakespearean plays. He enjoys engaging in physical exercise, working out as well as running on a regular basis. As a pure blood wizard, Professor Jordan believes ADU is a better place because he is there.
Brief History: While a student at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Tyre Jordan was a member of Slytherin House, studying hard. He never served as prefect but was a Chaser for Slytherin for five of his seven years at Hogwarts scoring an average of 18 goals or 180 points per year. Often times Tyre Jordan was criticized for committing more fouls than goals. He was noted for Blagging, Blatching, and Cobbing. It was comon knowledge that Tyre Jordan wore elbow pads specifically for Cobbing. He is proud to note that he never once was accused of Haversacking or Quaffle-pocking. The other three offenses, he always chalks up to an aggressive play style. Tyre admits to only drawing his wand one time in his final year to assist a fellow Slytherin injured by the Ravenclaw Keeper. Tyre has carried resentment for anyone from Ravenclaw House since then.

When Tyre left Hogwarts, he excelled in Transfiguration successfully training himself to morph into an Irish Wolfhound named "Baldur" (Animagus). Professor Jordan has always kept an Irish Wolfhound as a pet. In reality, the two are inseparable, being best of friends.

Tyre left Hogwart's to pursue acting. He attended the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts (W.A.D.A.) in London graduating in 1986 with a degree in Shakespearean plays. He worked for a few acting troops for the next ten years before falling in with a group in Romania known for their unique style of acting. They integrated magic into their performances and only performed for magic audiences. This gave Jordan a flair for embellishments!

At the time of the Battle of Hogwarts, Tyre Jordan was living in Romania. He heard about the death of Voldemort after a play one night. Although he aligned himself politically with the Death eaters, he never was one, and quite frankly would not have joined Lord Voldemort on his quest simply because it conflicted with his own. He admired the wizard for his strength, resourcefulness and leadership, but he felt the same way about Harry Potter. He knew neither one.

After the fall of Voldemort, Tyre returned to the United Kingdom and secured a position at the Ministry of Magic on the Committee on Experimental Charms. In this capacity, Professor Jordan has increased his knowledge of Charms to include those that he and his colleagues created while working at the Ministry of Magic. It was while working at the Ministry that Tyre Jordan was contacted by Prof. Bellona Crann of the Albus Dumbledore University in Tutlloch, Scotland.

Patronus: Irish Wolfhound
Five Pet Peeves:
- Laziness
- Poor grammar and spelling
- Sloven, untidy people and living spaces
- Anyone disrespecting authority and other people's property
- Muggles who believe they are entitled to great things
Five Strongest Likes:
- Jameson's Irish Whiskey
- Studying/learning Transfiguration spells, charms, hexes and curses
- Shakespeare
- hiking or running in the mountains/woods
- Duels
Favorite Type of Food: Lamb Stew
Style of Dress: Neat and meticulous best describes Professor Jordan's style of dress. He can be found wearing a fashionable suit. The buttoned shirts he wears have either band, high band, or tall standing collars. On occasion, he will wear a folded corner wing collar, specifically the first day of classes at school. His suits are traditional wizarding garb with or without a vest and almost always with a cloak if not a full robe. Tyre prefers darker colors like black, brown and emerald green, but will often offset the dark colored clothing with a brighter color. In Autumn, he will wear a bright orange vestment with a brown suit. His emerald green robes will almost always have a lavendar or purple scarf in accessory. When wearing black, there are many different options, but he does tend to gravitate toward reds. Professor Tyre Jordan wears either patent leather low quarter leather pointed-toe shoes or a high black or brown riding boot polished to a glass-like finish.
Theme Song: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Overture by Richard Wagner

Staff Dorm: Phoenix
Wand: 14" rosewood with Troll Whisker core
Pet: 6-year old Irish Wolfhound named, "Charles Leslie" or simply, "Charlie" and on occasion, "Bonnie Prince Charlie".
Subject: Transfiguration, Charms and Drama

"Baldur on the left and Charles Leslie on the right"

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Last edited by Gunther on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 pm 

Monolith, you are more than welcome to join in! Nice to meet you, by the way. :3

Looking good Gunther! I'll make sure to get you and Monolith sorted ASAP.

Lollipop, you all can have up to three characters, so let your creativity fly darling!

Just for future reference though, can everyone please PM me their quizzes and a copy of their character's profile?
(Mostly so the sorting can stay a surprise and for organization sake... >_< ) Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:35 pm 

Hoot hoot! Alright, we have two awesome professors on staff. For Phoenix Dorm: Prof. Jordan! For Hippogryff Dorm: Prof. Carmody!

So friends, I should have the IC thread up by tomorrow if not later tonight. Feel free to discuss things here and ask questions...no hexes or jinxes please! XB I hear Bat Boogey Hex is hell to clean up on forums...

Aaaaaand Prof. Bellona Crann is in for Hippogryff! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:09 am 

So I was going to put up the IC thread tonight until Monolith brought up a great and valid point. Would it be in the Beta section or the Cave? I'm open to either but I really want to hear what you all think?

Also I'm sending a reminder PM to those who haven't plugged their profiles in to see if they're still interested. :3

Does anyone have anything they want discussed regarding pre-existing relationships? For example have our characters met before being brought on staff or enrolling at ADU, etc?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:13 am 

My curiosity regarding the forum was mainly derived from my character's...not very kid-friendly attitude. Heh. He's a crotchety old man who will likely burst into the supper hall demanding to know where the corned beef hash is that he was promised if he agreed to teach. >_> Or something. I did put "slightly insane" in there, yes?

Ahem. Anyway. As I've the mouth of a sailor and a mind to match in real life, I - as Bird mentioned above - helpfully pointed out that it might or might not be a good idea to put this in the Cave. I can tone things down a bit if I must - Alastor Moody wasn't very kid-friendly but Rowling managed to make him such, after all - but if there are others like me (and bearing in mind that these are college students), the question is indeed valid.

(Not trying to step on your toes, Bird - merely elaborating. Heh.)

I Play
R=Romance, TG=Transgender; first letter indicates my preference.
It is extremely rare that I will play a canon; my preference is for OCs.
Note that romance must be part of a story, not the story as a whole.

M/M, M/M/R, F/F, F/F/R, M/F, F/M
TGM/M, TGM/M/R, TGM/TGM, TGM/TGM/R, TGM/F

I Write
(G)=Genre, M=Mythology
HP, HP/AU, Modern Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Supernatural (G), X-Men, X-Men/AU
Egyptian/M, Greek/M, Chinese/M, Japanese/M, Norse/M

I am so tired of people telling me that tragedy is cliché and that I need to come up with a happy history for my characters. Tragedy is exactly what the word implies. However, what is born of tragedy can be beautiful; emotional; powerful; meaningful; and necessary for the development of a well-built character that’s deeper than a name, a face, a set of powers, and a utility belt. Tragedy in itself is not a story or a character; a story that includes tragedy, however, can be a character so epic that your ancestors rise from their graves to weep, to cheer, or to forever cry out to the heavens and curse those that would stand against xir.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:21 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I have absolutely NOTHING of value to add, I'm pretty dang indecisive >.>
which is to say, I could go either way- my own character isn't particularly vulgar in any fashion, so he'll act the same way in either section.
And that leaves another thing to be said- I wouldn't mind going to The Cave for the sake of a crotchety old man! Who else will babble useful tips and teach us kung-fu?
Or something like that, that's what ALL crotchety old men do, right? That and fly their houses to waterfalls.
Er, yeah. If people want to move this to The Cave I wouldn't mind, nor would I be heartbroken if we just stayed in Beta.

And thar be your paragraph of unhelpfulness :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:03 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

The real Irony, is that I am the real crotchety old man, but opted not to go with that gig this time.
I don't care which forum we go to. I'll maintain a PG-13 presence either way.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm 

So it turns out that we can keep our thread in here even with language, as long as it's in character.
As far as Bellona goes she's pretty conservative. She's not the cursing type. If she does let language slip, that means it's serious and you should back away slowly. XD

And let's give a warm welcome to our first student character! Leavitt Pallaton for Gryffindor House!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 am 

Alright friends, the IC is up and here!
HOOT HOOT! :3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:52 pm 

Goodness gracious. I know it's been twenty types of forever but things IRL are in a place where I can finally give this game a fair run. We even have a new student or two coming! So hold on to your broomsticks, ADU is back. We're live in 3...2....1...PARTY!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:54 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Yay! I'm really happy this is starting to run again, I was really excited about this. *_*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:35 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Tracking

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:56 am 

BIG NOTE: Hi friends, so just to let you know it's best if your profile picture is linked through imgur for coding reasons. If the link is too long, it won't let me post the profile at all. So yeah, it's free and easy to sign up and I'll be doing that from now on also. Thanks!

Also, Roisin Merriweather has joined the Ravenclaw ranks!