Image (Is about 6'1")
Name:
Darius
Sexual Orientation:
Straight
God Parent:
Hades
Powers:
Being a child of Hades means he can control/ manipulate the earth in ways such as earthquakes, fissures, volcanic eruptions and can force rock out of the earth in jutting spikes or just in general. Also has the abilities to connect with spirits and or control them and can manipulate the dead into shambling corpses or skeletons to do what he wants them to do.
Weapons: A long sword fashioned from Stygian iron, it has a strange sapphire like gem in the handle and gleams with a curiosity that Darius himself carries in his own eyes.
Mist:
His sword looks like a guitar to other things that cannot see past the mist.
Personality:
Darius often could be described as friendly, angry and annoyed easily all at the same time. He likes to talk to people and have epic battles with them, while he gets angry at them if they do something which frustrates him, that he does not like, or if they win a battle against him. He had not been known to act on his anger, but there is a first for everything in his mind as well. He often gets annoyed when people ask to many questions and acts tough, saying he is not afraid of something when he surely should be. Whether he is just delusional, faking, or really brave. No one will know unless they are inside his head, or have a good judge of character.

Bio:
Darius was pretty well yanked out of his life of being alone with only his mother to keep him company at an early age. Most of the time they would yell at one another as they got into verbal fights and his step father physical fights. Darius did not often stick around to get knocked out, and when he did stick around for a full on brawl, both of them had so many injuries it was hard to tell. Soon, his step father left, yelling at his mother that he did not want to deal with this...

One of the last things he remembers of his mother is when she opened the door, and a large blast sounded through his window. It was very static, and he found himself in the middle of no wheres in a forest of woods. Not a clue what to do... he does not remember, but he is certain he spent years of his life wandering the woods and roads he found when getting out of a wood line. Getting food from random backpacks and bags on the side of the roads. As though someone was looking out for him. One day, there was a trail of bags that held food in them, Darius remembers his eyes narrowing as he followed it till they stopped taking him somewhere, regretting it as he wandered into the woods, the bags seeming to disappear behind him so he could not find a way back to the road.

He also remembers a man looking down at him as he fell to his knees in exhaustion, all the food he found and ate seeming to leave him, he was empty... nothing but the shoes, black tee shirt and pair of jeans he started with. The man was saying he had made it to safety, and that he was home. Somehow he doubted this as the man brought him in to a camp and set him down, trying to learn something from him and talking to him, this went on for a week before people looked at him in curiosity, a symbol flying above his head. Then slight fear as they realized who he was the child of. Many left, while many looked at him in pity or uncertainty. The young man about 13 years old who had spent about a year wandering a forest had been the son of Hades, and he was in there camp.

Tense, one of the camp members was told to bring him to the Hades cabin, and he looked up at it in confusion. Not understanding what was going on until they told him to go inside and rest. That all would be explained to him soon enough.
-
About a year went by like this before he woke up in his bed with a sword sticking up from the floor of his "Cabin" right at the end of his bed, even as it was more a dark dank temple to his dear daddy god of death then anything else. The sword was black as night and he was only able to rip it from the floor boards not even another year later at 15. It was extremely heavy to his arms, but he felt energy coarse through it... and he knew it was for him alone. The sapphire in its hilt matching his own eyes, color and all as he grew up since then with this weapon for the next three years, each year the weapon easier to use until it was like holding a butter knife. One day, he lay it beside him on a bench, and one of the teachers tried to pick it up to examine it. With effort, the teachers arms flexed for the minute and a half he held it then put it back down, smiling at Darius "My arms are just tired using my own blades, that is all." The teacher said red faced.

From then on, Darius could not help a smile every time he thought about it as he realized his father made this weapon especially for him, and possibly... his father had special plans for Darius, plans to possibly change everything.

His sword, training, dueling, Killing monsters, questing, sandwiches, dogs and cats, using his powers, Winning fights,
Dislikes:
Taunting in a battle, horses, Losing fights, Sometimes his father, despite his origins he does not like needless death of other humans/demi gods, though he is not afraid of killing when he needs to, monsters.
Other:
Pan The Wild God.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Last edited by Marco on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:03 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Don't worry, I am extremely sure people will make chars and join, and even if it takes a while. I will still be here and ready to rp with yah. So don't worry.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm 

Alright then I will post soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:32 am 

Medals: 6
Best Couple (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (6)

Is this still accepting?

Well, it does say accepting. And there was talk of other people joining. But still. Common courtesy to get the okay before making another character.

I read all of the Percy Jackson books. Didn't exactly get around to the Heroes of Olympus a whole lot, but that's because I've promised I'd read about a thousand things? I'll get to it someday.

Anyway, I'm very much interested, if you'll have me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Ohai!

I was a fan of the books- and uhm.

If this is still accepting...

*Interest, Interest*

Was thinking of branching in to one of the Greek Gods they didn't have any coverage of in the books- Hecate, goddess of Magic.

If that is, this is still, in fact, opening.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 am 

Well- if I can be the Spawn of, of course.

But awesome, okay!

Going to start working on a sheet, then- I was just.

Well, I'm a big Mythology/History buff, and I noticed that Hecate got no love. *Begins to work on changing that*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am 

Wasn't there a temple to Hecate in the Sea of Monsters?

Maybe I'm wrong on that one. It's been some time.

Anyway, you guys can expect to have my character tonight. I might have to PM you on some details, Dreamer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:16 am 

Well- Hecate showed up, she just had no Kids.

I noticed two Charachters per Person, and that Poseidon isn't taken. Mind if I drop two characters at once..?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:19 pm 

Pan the Wild God is the Password. Speak it and Enter? Is it like Friend?
[appearance]
Name: Matilda Kreimheild
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, leaning more towards other Girls.
God Parent: Hecate, Goddess of Magic
Powers: Natural Witch, Hexes, Curses, Natural Inclination towards Mist Manipulation.
Weapons: She carries a Celestial Bronze Athame, used mostly in her magical rituals as opposed to open combat- for which she carries a more standard sword.
Mist: The Athame, becomes an Book- the Sword, an Baseball Bat when in use- otherwise, it's just not visible.
Personality: Mystical, Secretive- more than slightly a /total/ nerd, she'd likely miss her technology more, if she hadn't always been even more in to books than in to Video games; she comes across as secretive not due to actually being a closed book, but due to spending so much time inside her Cabin, reading musty old books, alone. She's honestly quite naive, and not at all capable of actually keeping a secret in a conversation. While she used to be going through a heavily rebellious phase, that has mostly faded away.
Bio: Dropped at the door of her highly devout, Christian father, in southern California, she was looked at in her early years as a constant reminder of his Sin- he was unmarried, and had produced a child. To him, however, it was more disgraceful that the mother- who he still did not know the true identity of- did not stay and marry afterwards. Regardless- it was Grudgingly that he took in the child, and more out of a sense of duty and responsibility than love. However, he was an good man at heart- and before long, he did find himself honestly caring for his little girl- and thus her early life was mostly uneventful, apart from severe ADHD, and her being slow to learn how to read- not quite Dyslexic, due to her heritage being directly to a Goddess who required reading ability almost on principle, but she faced difficulty in learning how to read regardless.

It was when she was Fourteen, that disaster struck; she was at home, playing on her computer when she heard a loud banging sound downstairs. Dismissing it as her lovable, clumsy, father tripping on something, she rose and giggled softly- intending to go to his aid.

She descends the stairs to see a horrific /thing/ hunched over his inert form on the ground- her scream is wordless, as she freezes- and the figure turns to face her, grinning. She breaks in to a sprint- and runs out the door, horrified- shocked- stunned.

It's a long trip- she meets a faun, shortly thereafter, and is guided on a long, rough journey to Camp Half Blood- the Faun explaining on the way, piece by piece. She's horrified- especially once she is made to realize how dangerous the west coast was for her, and how unlikely her survival was.

She reaches the camp- tired, hurt, and in significantly better physical fitness than when she left. She's almost Fifteen, and her eyes are different. She's seen monsters- but the Faun's guidance helped her avoid coming to terms with what people are capable of. That said, she's a much quieter girl when she reaches the camp- it takes her a year to relax, to calm down, to start trying to make friends again- and then her Mother finally claims her, and the strangeness of her birth once more singles her out.

It's been a while now, and she's a settled in resident of the camp... and by now she's realized; nothing hurts like loneliness. She's found some solace in pursuit of the Occult- but she still finds herself avoided... except when this person wants a love potion, or that person wants his fortune told, or that girl wants an spell to make her prettier. She's gone on a few quests- nothing major- and consistently, even when working with other Demigods, she felt ostracized.
Dislikes: Loneliness, Needless Cruelty, Bullies.
Other:

And now!
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 59-604.jpg
Name: Dietrick Alphard
Sexual Orientation: He's really not sure yet. He thinks he's straight? But some guys are kinda hot.. ****ing Bishies.
God Parent: Poseidon
Powers: Water Control, Self-Healing, Demigod Physical Attributes.
Weapons: Celestial Bronze Claymore- a broad, two handed blade forged of Celestial Bronze. There is a wave-like pattern in the blade, but other than that it is not exceptional save in it's weight compared to it's size, and that it is indeed Celestial Bronze.
Mist: The Claymore seems to look like an backpack that bulges a lot.
Personality: Arrogant, Headstrong, and Hot Blooded- Dietrick likes to live life to the fullest, as fast and hard as he can. He's all about the moment, the now- passion that flows like the sea. That is- hard, fully, and unpredictably. He rolls between passionate heat and enraged coldness at a moments notice, flowing like the tide. However, in his heart, he is Dependable; once he is fully behind something, he will not leave it.
Bio: To Be Fleshed out more. I know these are optional, so I'm hoping to enter with a personality, and flesh out backstory as it get's referenced IC.
Likes: Water, A Good Fight, Loud Music, Heat, Passion, Kicking Reason to the Curb and Going Beyond the Impossible.
Dislikes: Seafood, Doing Nothing, Inaction, Cold, Emotionless People, Giving Up.
Other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SF4hzhsUxI AN Example of the Kind of Music he likes.

Last edited by Sephiroth Sage on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 pm 

AH! Yes, I was wondering what that was for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:32 pm 

And Lo, it was entered in. :)

So yeah! There they both are!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:49 pm 

I've got an Appearance Pic for Dietrick. Working on one for Matilda.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:04 pm 

I shall be getting my picture for my character uploaded now and will correct the mist thing now that I know it is specifically for the weapons. (It is extremely hard to find a picture for my character XD I will get one eventually)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:51 pm 

In the mean time just imagine a dude with shaggy black hair, a black tee shirt and jeans and whom spends most of his free time with a weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:04 pm 

Debating using Willow as Mattilda's Pic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

I'll join! Just give me some time if you still are letting people join ^_^ (and **** you who ever took the god of the sea! Jk :p also bad speller :p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 pm 

With the genders being tied at the moment, I'll make a male. But if a female is needed in the future, I totally don't mind making a female. Probably a younger person, a hunter of Artemis. In the meantime, I decided to make a male. One who has a rather interesting bloodline. In my own opinion anyway. So before I begin, I wanted to trace a bloodline, I contemplated using multiple gods but in the end decided I didn't want my character to be a power house.

Ares (God of War) ►◄ Raven (Mortal)
→Robin (Demigod, 50% god) ►◄ Gary (Mortal)
→Dove (25% god) ►◄ Aristaeus (Minor God of Hunting, Beekeeping, Cattle)
→Sparrow (My character, 62.5% god)

Name: Sparrow Ornitho

Sexual Orientation: Doesn't think too often about it, but considers himself straight.

God Parent: Aristaeus is his direct father, and Ares is his great grandfather.

Powers:
-From Aristaeus
• Sparrow is unnaturally talented when it comes to the trades that his father was talented in, such as tending to cattle, beekeeping, hunting, trapping, making dairy, and taming.
• Using his hands for his trades so often, Aristaeus passed on the gift to will items as thought they were in arms reach to his child. Essentially, Sparrow can grip areas and objects with his mind as though he could reach them with his hands.
• Sparrow has a great forte for domesticated animals, especially the bee. While they aren't the most helpful, they have a great liking to him, and will generally consider him a great friend.

-From Ares:
• An understanding of very many weapons relating to war, though not a very strong one, especially when it comes to more modern weapons, training is required to gain any kind of mastery.
• Like the Spartans getting their strong and enduring spirit from having the favor of Ares, Sparrow has something similar from his genes.

-From Mortal Blood
• Being mortal doesn't give Sparrow much, if anything, it means he can be killed with magical and mortal metals, and has the life span of every other human. However, as his name and bloodline would suggest, he adopted a great bond with birds, wild and domesticated.

Weapons: It varies heavily depending on the situation, though he isn't typically one to engage others in combat without reason. In capture the flag, he prefers his crossbow. While modernized, it's his best friend when it comes to uses, both practical and impractical for its purpose. His crossbow is the only magical weapon he physically owns besides his knife, it it comes to other weapons, he borrows them from the armory. The knife he owns is a folding pocket knife, though the work put into it makes it more than capable for a combat knife. Forged from some weird mix of mortal metals and celestial bronze, the knife can harm most beings, and has been passed down since his grandmother.

Mist: His crossbow was a gift from his father, a magical item to help him on his way. It doesn't in particular appear much different in the event humans see it, considering it's a rather modern crossbow. However, in an effort to conceal it, it was designed to be able to magically shift into an arm bracer made out of black leather. He tends to tuck that under whatever shirt he is wearing if possible. As for his knife, it's only four inches when folded, and eight when not. Humans would just see it as a regular pocket knife, though Sparrow doesn't have many problems keeping it hidden.

Personality: Sparrow has a very peculiar mindset. Sparrow can be a real leader when it comes down to it, or he could also be the guy running off on his own because he feels he should do things alone. He wants to teach others new things when he can, but he also can't stand being out-shown, especially when the other person is a show-off on purpose. The genes he carries from Ares make him want to win and act out from time to time, but the genes from his father give him a more calm and collected side. The side that wants to help his community and work. He's only somewhat personable, finding it an oddity to open up to people. He'll participate in groups when it comes to things that are important or if he's asked to. Time to time, he teaches hunting and he tends to participate in capture the flag.

Bio: "You're destined for great things, my little sparrow."
That's something that Sparrow's mother would tell him all the time, whenever he'd wondered about life. The older he got, the less he'd hear it. Of course, he never questioned it. It came from the person he was most loyal to, ever, his mother. Just like a dove, she would always drape herself in white, she'd almost always be wearing a dress. Of course, that kind of beauty is probably what attracted a god. Of course, his mother wasn't aware of her godly blood, her mother never told her, because she wasn't godly enough for monsters to go after her. Because of that, Sparrow wouldn't have his answers. Only a knife from his mother, given to her by her mother. One thing was for sure, only the two of them seemed to see it as a discolored bronze, everyone else saw the blade as black.

Signs of peculiar nature started real early in Sparrow's life. One summer, when he was just five years old, his mother came out and nearly screamed when she'd seen a fallen bees next to her son, and bees surrounding him. Though, all he did was laugh, and it was as though the bees took on his whimsical nature instead of attacking him. That was the start of it all, when she began reflecting upon things she'd seen happen to her mother. Similar odd signs. She watched as her son took on a great affinity for both nature and civilization, and thankfully, birds. His childhood continued on, with conflict always on the horizon.

His blood was more divine than normal demigods, that meant he was a lot more likely to be found by anything that liked to make demigods "disappear." It was a fortunate thing that Satyrs had found him first. They watched over him, a small group, some attended school with him, others just kept their eyes open from a distance. For as long as they could, they'd hoped his blood would remain undetected among monsters. They watched the life of a boy for a long time, as he began unraveling these secrets on his own. It made them uneasy, he was playing with a fire that could turn into an explosion at any moment, so to speak.

His middle school years were some of his more interesting years. He went hunting with a friend and their father, and found that he had a great forte for it. Though, as he looked into the eyes of a dying animal, he felt a part of him withering away. He lived his life quite well, always branching out to other people and new activities. He went to dances, spent time with friends, went on trips, he even owned a bird for a good portion of his teenage years. He asked questions about his father all the time, and his mother only had sorrowful expressions to give in return. He began being confused, but it didn't slow him down a whole lot in his life. By the time he was sixteen, his mother had all but stopped saying his favorite thing, though his teenager-rebellion side would have hated to admit he loved hearing it. That he was destined to do great things.

It was one late-summer night when he was seventeen. He'd lately felt abandoned by his father to some degree, despite that he was told his father died. He walked out into the forest and sat, tucked under a tree, throwing rocks at another tree into the distance. And at some point, he felt some feint grip on a rock even after he'd let go of it, it was as though it was through his mind. His eyes widened and he flew up to his feet, freaking out at this little sensation he'd felt. He breathed heavily for a moment before collecting himself, but before he could, he heard the growl of something much more fierce than any bear he'd seen. Turning back to see some two-headed abomination of a massive bear, he freaked out for a moment, unable to gain composure. The Ares within him told him to charge it, that he could win. But his mortal side had a much tighter grip on it, as he was only able to stand there as prey rather than the hunter.

In the end it was the Satyrs that rescued him, only putting Sparrow in a more panicked state, to see goat-people, some he'd even seen before as humans, come to the rescue with wooden weapons and flutes. A long, sleepless night was ahead of him as he was mostly coached out of shock. The Satyrs gave a letter to his mother, but they appeared as humans, as they decided that if she hadn't seen passed the mist yet, it may be better that she didn't at all. They left the choice up to Sparrow that night, if she should know about what happened. In the end he didn't tell her, but the Satyrs did make it clear that he had to go with them, to a place in New York where he could be safe. Now that monsters knew he was around and easy prey, they wouldn't stop.

He wasn't sure what was more sad that night, saying goodbye to his mother and crying while she hugged him, or learning the fact that he'd been surrounded by so many evil beings. He left behind his old life that year, arriving at Camp Halfblood just after many of the residence had left for the year. His first night in camp was one that made him see things differently. To see all the magic and mysticism was something else entirely. And as he took his first steps into an empty cabin that night, he thought maybe it was better that he slept alone. When he awoke the next morning, there was a leather bracer on his table, and a note, from his dad.

With some encouragement, he spent that year hunting, learning how to battle and work, and discovering his heritage. He spends his time being as productive and learning as much as he can, spending a great amount of time in the woods on his own. Though over time, he was convinced to give these people a chance. Every so often though, he'd see a dove in the sky, despite the area, and think of his own mother. He'd often wonder, was he truly destined for great things?

Likes: Keeping people and animals safe, being productive, hunting, work within his trade, bees, most animals (mostly domesticated), secretly he enjoys combat, birds, weapons, rain, others who are loyal to him.

Dislikes: Anyone against him, cruelty without reason, immortality, most hunters of Artemis, people without loyalty, losing, death, fear.

Other: Pan the wild god

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:01 pm 

I never could have pulled of a bloodline history of gods. Nice job Metilinos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:05 pm 

You can thank my mythology teacher in high school. She had such a bright passion, it just inspired me to learn. Of course, Hercules actually had extra divine blood in him too. The bird naming theme is just something I decided to add... because why not?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm 

I'd imagine it shreds the real story. But Disney did that and did alright with it. So I wouldn't mind seeing it.