All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Okay! Here's where we'll put our character profiles, chat about plot ideas, and post absence notices (when necessary).

We're always accepting new characters, so just post in this thread if you're interested. We're a pretty friendly bunch.

Characters Currently Being Played:

The Cheshire Cat and The White Rabbit (Chester Carterson and William Radcliff) -- Jessie Shadowhold

The March Hare (Marissa Houston) -- Shadow Lady

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee (Dumas Tweed and DEE) -- Falcon

The Griffin (Samuel McCarron) -- Malikai

Links To All Wonderland Threads (In Chronological Order):

The Wonderland Club

A Small Gift

Her Shadow Self

Two For The Price Of One

The Sins Of The Father

A Game Of Cat And Bunny...And Dumas

While You Were Sleeping

We're All Mad Here

Last edited by Falcon Bertille on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:26 am, edited 7 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm 

Location: Second star to the right and strait on 'till morning!
Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Chester Carterson, the Cheshire Cat:

He is only known by his alias, the Cheshire Cat. Only his closes friends know his real name, and those are few and far between. Despite, or perhaps because of, his anonymity, he is often overly friendly with people, flirting with, hitting on, and giving advice to everyone and anyone he thinks needs it, whether they think they do or not. He might be doing this just to prank others, but sometimes he truly seems sincere about what he says. His favorite person to tease, however, is White, the club's DJ. He says he likes the way White's face scrunches up when he's flustered.

A hacker/techie that has turned his skills toward illusion and magic performance of all things, he has the AI programs and hardware to hack into any building's lighting and holographic systems (something that is far more common then most people know in this cyber-punk universe) to create his illusions and seem to disappear at will. He is actually wearing his own holo-tech at all times, so many are convinced that they have never really seen his real face, even when he's not performing and appears to be normal.

His 'normal' face is lean, angular, with cheekbones sharp enough to cut butter and madly spiky purple hair with black streaks running through it. He has several piercings, each of them sensors to read his facial expressions and pass it on to his performance face, placed like so: snake bites, a stud in the middle of his upper lip, small studs at the corner of his mouth, a nose stud on either nostril, three rings on each eyebrow placed evenly spaced, two rings on each upper ear, and a stud on each earlobe. When he's performing, he appears to be an anthropomorphic cat with fur coloring like his hair, except that his eyes appear to be endless pits filled with willow wisp lights. Regardless of his face, he is usually wearing a slim fitting black jacket with purple stripes and many, MANY zippers, and purple rave pants with black wispy markings on the sides and black suspender straps hanging down.

His illusions are strongest when he has time to prepare them so in the Wonderland Club they are flawless, however he has done street shows and even house calls but outside of the club, when he's around expensive things seem to disappear...

His job in the club is to run the light show, perform on stage when it's his turn, and also create a more "party" atmosphere whenever possible. This means sometimes the people you see dancing out of the corner of your eye might not be real, but the Cheshire Cat's illusions, as to make the club appear to be more packed. This is only used on slow days... and maybe to prank or mess with his enemies/friends. The only illusion he dare not mess with is Dumas's security program. Partially because it's so well done it would be a shame to mess with it, and partially because Dumas would probably attempt to kill Cheshire if he tried.

When present online, his avatar is a feral purple cat with the same haunting eyes, and the avatar's expression will match Cheshire's in real time. Many a computer user has felt the dismay of seeing that maddening face appear on his screen and felt the despair of being completely unable to stop their computer from turning on them.

Last edited by Jessie Shadowhold on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:40 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Marissa Houston, the March Hare

Usually known as Mari or Hare. Very friendly, and considers the rest of the staff as family.

Her personal story is mostly unknown. Though Mari is very open to conversations, she'll never entertain conversations about her past. Where she was born, family, schooling, it's all a secret - or maybe has just been forgotten, since Mari can have blackouts at certain times and completely forget what she has been doing in the last hours or days. Despite the tension - and headaches - caused by these blackouts, Mari always seems to be in a good and friendly mood. The girl is quite submissive to whoever she believes to be her best, and will oblige to any task required.

Mari is a hostess. After people pass by the security, she welcomes them and is in charge of making them feel welcome and happy. Her job includes making sure nobody has to wait long for a drink or something to eat and making lonely people feel that they are valued and cared about.

Whenever she's not working, Mari usually stays inside the club doing whatever there is to be done, leaving only for some necessary errands.

Last edited by Shades on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 pm 

Supporter (1)

I should clarify that Cheshire doesn't steal in the club, he's too fond of his consistent job to do that.

Also, I was planning on fleshing out his whole appearance during the RP, since we don't need a char sheet. I also want to see how this universe FEELS before I start describing clothing and such.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool, I'll make this change now. And I'm not sure which one I prefer yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 am 

Thanks for posting! I'm loving the characters so far.

Feel free to do the appearance any way you want. I know some people really like having a reference picture of their characters and other people hate it. I'm good either way. And fleshing out your character's appearance during RP is a good option too. (I like to do most of my character development during play, which is why I'm such a slacker when it comes to character profiles.) And speaking of character profiles...

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee

Dumas Tweed is clearly ex-military. But that's all most people know about his war experience, since he refuses to talk about it. He started out as a bouncer for the club. During his performance of that job, he discovered that the current head of security was utilizing the club's resources to run a small prostitution ring (including pressuring some of the servers and performers to work for him). Dumas exposed his predecessor, getting shot in the process. When he recovered, the club's owner showed their gratitude by making him the new head of security.

Dumas is 35 years old. Unruly brown curls tumble down just past his ears, and thick brows rest over his eyes like slumbering caterpillars. His lanky build makes him look weaker than burlier men, but don't be deceived -- Dumas's body is solid muscle. Unknown to most people, he has two extremely detailed wings tattooed on his back, with a name written between them.

Dumas can come across as curt and abrasive. But underneath that, he cares deeply about the club and feels very protective of everyone who works there.

"DEE" is actually an abbreviation for the security system itself: "Detection and Emergency Execution". Dumas spends most of his working hours plugged into the system, receiving information from its many sensors and giving it appropriate instructions. Because of this continual interface, the system has actually acquired some of Dumas's personality traits. When it needs to communicate with anyone in the club, it often appears a a holographic "twin" of Dumas. The holograph is extremely convincing, making it difficult to tell if you're talking to DEE or Dumas. Of course, you could always settle the issue by poking -- but people who poke Dumas tend to end up with broken fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 am 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

Name : Rita
Wonderland character: Mad Hatter
Profession: Bartender at wonderland club
Side Job: A drug dealer.( Head honcho)
Appearance: http://s667.photobucket.com/user/Cirrus ... r.jpg.html
Story: Rita is a drug dealer behind the scenes of the wonderland club. She swindles and pedals drugs when not at work just to help support poor alice. Ok, maybe not to help Alice. More like to find poor Alice. Honestly, the hatter is lost without her precious Alice. She lives in a small run down apartment not too far away from the club, and tends to spend a lot of time on the streets searching. Is Alice ok?

When at work her bartender skills are beyond those of normal people. She uses her hat and the glasses to help create interesting tricks while offering advice to the patrons on their daily troubles. Not that an advice from a drug dealer would be of any help? Right?

She is consistently changing and is thought to be a maniac in the drug world. However, when in the bar doing her job she is proffesional and no one could tell the insanity locked behind her hat.

Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v27TRan1SBI

Last edited by Ristina on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:47 am 

Sort of back.

There, I've posted a face pic just for general reference. And yes, the model looks kind of disturbing, that's the idea. =)
And the more I see the characters, the more I think this is going to be GOOOOOD.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:55 pm 

Supporter (1)

Hmmmm... I'll have to do a great description bit for Chester. Also, if no one else is going to take the white rabbit, I might.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:55 am 

Shadow Lady wrote:
And the more I see the characters, the more I think this is going to be GOOOOOD.

My thoughts exactly!

Okay, it looks like it's going to be the four of us. Jessie, if you still want to take the White Rabbit, please feel free. And anyone else who wants to pick up any other characters is welcome to. Or we can simply make use of NPCs.

I'm going to begin working on a starter post for the group thread. But I have question for everybody. I thought of a plot idea -- do you guys want me to spring it on you right away? Or would you like spend some time writing a "normal" night at the club, to help get the feel of your characters, before we go on to anything big?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 am 

The Scarlet Harlot of CF

Medals: 9
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Most Dedicated (1)
Blog: View Blog (10)

plot ideas are always welcome. :) However, i also like a surprise too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am 

Sort of back.

I'm with Ristina here. I'm really curious, but surprises are sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm 

Supporter (1)

I'd say give us a night or so, but if things start going slowly, spring a surprise on us or something!

As for the white rabbit...

William Radclif, AKA the White Rabbit.

William is the star DJ for the Wonderland club, and is also sort of the 'announcer' for the next up and coming act or any visiting DJ's that come to the club from time to time. He is also the major 'pull' to come to the club and the owner knows it, so despite his constant lateness, his obsessively odd tendencies while DJ-ing, and his insultingly elitist attitude, he still has a job.

William, or just White as Cheshire calls him, is not a large person. He's of average hight and slim in build, but what really sets him apart is his manner of dress and speech. He comes to work in a pure white suit with subtle silver pin striping, a metallic silver tie and a fedora to match (silver hat band) that keeps his long hair out of his face and into two long pieces strongly resembling rabbit ears down his back. He speaks in an elevated, precise manor that makes him sound like a bit of an butthole at times, however as much as he likes to keep himself aloof from others, he does care a lot and his bleeding heart often get's him in situations that are less then comfortable. He, like most people, carry around a TEA (Telecommunication and Electro-processing Device) phone, but unlike most people's, he has had his custom made to be shaped like a silver pocket watch which he keeps on a silver chain in his suit jacket. it's attached to duel earpieces which he always has in. They can enhance his hearing, block out noise, and even connect to the club turntables so he doesn't need headphones. He also wears sliver, oval glasses that sit low on his nose most of the time.

As his dress and speech suggest, he was brought up in the richest of social circles, but decided to leave that life in order to do what he loved best, create music. He get's payed to do so, but everyone believes that he lives off a family trust fund and could care less about the money. He often plays his original dub step styled songs at the club, but also does mixes and requests.

He get's flustered easily when people don't act quite so, which Cheshire takes advantage of, often hitting on him more then anyone else in the club. Cheshire's efforts have been rewarded, as many people that visit the club think that the two are in some sort of relationship, much to White's chagrin.

And just in case, and so no one calls hacks later, he is a world class fencer, achieving a world wide ranking of B (A is an olympic-level fencer), and carries a slim, collapsable stun baton in his suit coat pocket... Just sayin'.

*EDIT* I'm adding a little bit to Cheshire's personality. *EDIT*

Last edited by Jessie Shadowhold on Tue May 06, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 pm 

Thanks for the feedback! I'll give us some time to establish our characters and their "normal" routine before unleashing my surprise.

I've got the IC thread started. It leaves things pretty open for all the characters, so feel free to go wild. Don't be shy about describing your area of the club, or anything else that strikes your fancy.

Do we want to establish a posting order? Or just go with the flow?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Ooooh, I like it. And I'm really not sure, both ways have their advantages. ^-^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:51 am 

Supporter (1)

Gonna post White later, as he should be late. It's just how he is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 pm 

Supporter (1)

Didn't want to start making background for your character Shadow Lady, so I kinda implied that Cheshire new, but I could change that if you'd rather. It just makes very little sense that people wouldn't know a LITTLE bit of what she did when she was out for the count, especially Dumas and Cheshire. The two of them DO have access to the cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:52 pm 

Sort of back.

Don't worry, it was GREAT. I love the idea of her having no clue about what she does even though other people know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:57 pm 

Supporter (1)

Should we hammer it out? I was thinking she just left the club every time, so normally that no one realizes she's having a forgetting day, and then she comes back and no one knows what the hell happened and she has new scars or tattoo's or something, and then she wakes up in the morning and she forgets. That way no one REALLY knows what she does, they just know WHY they don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:02 pm 

Sort of back.

That would be an interesting thought, since everything she does inside is obviously visible to whoever has access to the cameras. And she could be doing really anything at all. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next