All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: APNS - OOC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

We are the APNS. We take are of you.

Throughout history, there have been several eyewitnesses to paranormal activities. Psychokinesis, telepathy, passive control, elemental power, and many others. These are how true stories become legends. Unable to comprehend such things, regular people, like you, have shunned the thought from your society, leaving the idea only in graphic novels.

However, some people aren't like you and me. You are a regular person with regular DNA and a regular job. You go to sleep and wake up later the next day. You eat, breathe, and live. Me? Well, that's a completely different story.

People with gifts have a, glitch, lets say. Our brains aren't wired correctly. Hell, some of us have been diagnosed with mental disabilities. (But hey, at least we get a better parking spot...that is if our transportation isn't flying.) We have what you call "Powers." However, we call them specialties.

My specialty, for instance, is metallurgy. I can alter any type of metal available to me. Other’s specialties are always different. Why? Well everyone’s got their own set of DNA, so everyone’s got their own specialty. My sister’s specialty was to alter gasses. We’re similar, because we share similar DNA. Makes sense? Good, I’ll continue.

We all also have sub- specialties. Some APNS scientists have concluded that sub-specialties are there to almost…balance out our ability. My sub-specialty is to drain minerals from my body to use for my specialty. Minerals like Iron, copper, lead…Not so beneficial, but good if I’m in need. My sister’s ability was to drain herself of gases, but she was only able to use it once, fore she suffocated.

Some of love our specialties, and some of us don’t—like my sister did. Of course, there are some of us who abuse our specialties. For example, there’s a man who can transform animals into dark beasts. A blond woman who can destroy complete cities. A politician who can bend one's spine with a flick of the wrist. And a child who erases people- by swiping his hand. And it’s not just them. There are thousands of others. Worst of all, they’ve formed an alliance… the SOSP (Society Of Supreme Persons). Although our best men and women are searching for any sort of headquarters, they’ve come up empty.

The APNS (Associated Persons Of Natural Selection, created 1989) is dedicated to help fight of the immanent destruction of our society, by using the finest weaponry to date. Us. There’s different classes, mind you, we’re aren’t quite equal here. We’re ordered depending on our commitment to the APNS. I’m proud to say that I’m the head of APNS, our CEO of sorts, the Director of Human Affairs. I created this association in 1989 after the SOSP made its debut. I also established the Ranking System of APNS which functions as so:

Director of Affairs- Head of the Association
Upperclassmen- Mission leaders. Assigns members to missions
Members- Work on missions. The more powerful of the Association.
Underclassmen- Are basically “In construction.” They are currently building their power.

The Members are truly the keystones of the Association. Without them, we’re powerless. Take note that the SOSP has adapted our basic structure, but, like the comic books that commoners read, Good usually triumphs over Evil.

-James Ruddick, Director, APNS

----
I really want this RP to just flow freely, with no pre-staged plot, just an adventure to unfold here.
Once I see if anyone is interested, I'll be sure to make an OOC, and we can make some characters!
Thanks a bunch!
-Tommy

----
(just an example)

Name:

APNS or SOSP: **IF you want, you don't have to be either**

Ranking:

Specialty:

Sub-specialty:
----

Name: James Ruddick

APNS or SOSP: APNS

Ranking: Director of Affairs

Location: Has a permanent household in the Andes mountains HQ, where he likes to spend his off time to relax and philosophize. Most commonly found in his northern office space, if not running an errand.

Specialty: Metallurgy- can melt and alter metals to his liking.

Sub-specialty: Self Drain of metals. Causes him extreme pain and fatigue, once was hospitalized for using it too often.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: APNS - OOC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 pm 

Blog: View Blog (22)

Name: Simon Blake

Alias: The Magic Man

Ranking: Member

Specialty: Self Duplication. (Max 4-him and 3 others. Depending on how many duplicates he has at any given time, depends on how many times he can do it in a day. The more duplicates he has out at once the least amount of times he can do it.)

Sub-specialty:Illusion. He can rearrange the molecules of any living thing to change it's appearance and change the overall appearance of any non-living thing for a short period of time.

Description:

Very short dark blonde hair, bright blue eyes, pale skin, and always in a suit.

Name: Dawn Fairchild

Alias: The Babysitter

Specialty: Sleep. When she touches anyones flesh but her own, it triggers a chemical change inside their body, forcing the victim to fall asleep unwillingly. (Once put a man into a coma for 3 years because she held onto him for to long)

Sub-specialty: Dream manipulation. Once her victim is asleep she can keep them asleep for as long as she needs them to stay that way by tapping into their inner most desires and giving it to them while they slumber.

Description: Long Ruby-red hair, pale skin and hazel eyes. Rarely ever is she seen without her gloves on unless she's working or by herself.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Name: Cliff Page

APNS or SOSP: Neither

Ranking: N/A

Location: He has no stable home, but rather drifts, hitch-hikes and generally stays away from anyone he once loved. He doesn't want to hurt them.

Specialty: Kinetic energy manipulation. He can use this as a defensive or an offensive tactic. He is able to bring forth blue glowing fields of energy to cause destruction or protection. He's frightened of his power and tries not to use it, or at least in small doses. It's also linked to his temper, when angered he'll start to glow and the energy will begin flaring unless he calms down. He only remembers one time it got bad when he was on the end of an attempted mugging in an alley. Five men surrounded him, each armed with a crude weapon. Cliff was already physically in shape, so he wasn't exactly frightened, but with each shove, each grab for his bag, each insult, it dug deeper into his skin until it hit the marrow. After he was done blacking out, each man was on the ground, unconscious or coughing a spluttering, blood splatters everywhere.

Sub-speciality: Mild self-teleportation. It's the most difficult one to control and even to call upon, but with enough concentration he can move himself away from an aggressor or even a prison cell (which he once did, much to his own amazement and amusement). Everytime it happens, it causes his heart to beat almost painfully fast and a thick sweat builds on his forehead. He hates to do it, only reserving it for times when it's most needed.

Description: He's a man of average height and build, but still built well. He manages to exercise every day to keep himself fit, whether it's using a tree-branch or an apartment balcony.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:20 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Name: Vincent Graves

Alias: "Void"

Specialty: "Umbrakinetics" (manipulation and control over shadows) He can use shadows as a means of physical attack either to strike or pierce a target. He can travel by shadow, or just bend them around to conceal himself. Those are his more popular methods, he has been known to vary his techniques depending on the mission. Although blind, his Umbrakinetic abilities allow him to actually "see" in darkness. In order for this to work at all times, he wears a blindfold.

Sub-specialty: Photo-Negative Vision or "Shadow Sight" as Collin likes to call it sometimes. When focusing hard on his Umbrakinetic abilities, he can actually bring himself close to death, into the zone between the living and the dead. With this vision his eyes become completely black and can spot others who have "specialties". But without proper concentration, Collin can cause his own death, leaving himself in the realm of the dead.

Description: Vincent stands at 5'10" with gray/silver eyes.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Name: Blane Vex

Allis: Chain Link

APNS or SOSP: SoSp

Specialty: Spectral Chains: He can create chains with his soul. The chains are made of soulerite, a metal as hard as diamond. He can control the chains as if they were his own limbs, he can fire them at sound speed. Once outside his body, the chains move at a normal speed. When separated from his body, the chain will disappear in 2 hours. He can also spin the chains around his body to becosuzeme a living chainsaw which is useful to travel, cut things, ect.

Sub-specialty: Binding Chains: He can use any chain, no matter the size, to wrap and bind any opponent, though the chain will only last as long as he is within one hundred yards of his opponent. Though he cannot turn the chain into souel-rite, they will extend to any size needed.

He wears a black leather Jerkin with two large steel chains wrapped around his arms.

{Hope its alright if i join ^^

Come join the Gangs of Darkcove City = viewtopic.php?f=23&t=991

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:20 am 

Name: Quinn Parker

Alias: Harlequin

Specialty: If you hear her voice you will do exactly what she tells you to do. Period. They haven't quite thought of a name for this talent yet, because it's not a mental or psychic ability.

Sub-specialty: Out of neccessity she speaks as little as humanly possible, and doesn't utter declarations like ' Go f*ck yourself.' That could lead to disasterous results. She's developed a sensory perception of how far people can go before they are out of range of hearing her, and thus out of the range of her power.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 am 

Great! Waiting on Black Knight, but that's all right. Ive been super busy- but I'll be sure to start this up tomorrow! Sorry for the delay. I hope everyone is having a great summer!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

is this still going?

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:06 am 

Blog: View Blog (6)

Waaah, this looks SO SO good, but ... I don't wanna clog it up, someone give me a shout if anyone drops out! =D

Damn straight I'm good in bed! I could sleep for days! :3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (22)

I'm thinking so far the Black Knight has disappeared. I say we go ahead and get started and when/if he comes back he can just plop himself into the storyline?