All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: War of Blood
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:47 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Rampage lay on the cold stone floor beside his master’s throne. Quadruped by nature he was fine without a proper seat for himself and all in all it was fairly pleasant, unlike where he came from. Even in his suppressed form he was rather large for something that followed his lord around like a dog. Nearly the same height as Vehma was in his human suppressed form, he could lay leaning against the thrown and have his head be just under Vehma’s shoulder. Feline eyes stared nonchalantly at that a ratfaced demon held before them by two guards for judgment. The demonic lion gave a yawn at the demon’s terrified expression; unlike most demons, including all of the present company Rampage could not feed off another’s fear. Instead he feed off of their remorse and like every demon, another demon’s blood. Unfortunately remorse was something more difficult to create than pain and suffering when he sought nourishment, however a with this marvelous war in place he only needed to seek out some deserters and with a bit of whispering their anguish would feed him quite well. He feed slightly off this one but in a small trickle as the rat practically stank of fear.

With deserters on the mind his eyes slid from the tapestry on the wall back to the pitiful demon, whining on about how he was only following a lead. Sick of listening to this lesser demon beg for forgiveness of his master Rampage gave an annoyed grunt. If this lieutenant couldn’t even have his forces over take a small village then to have the audacity to flee after his defeat then there was no purpose for him in Vehma’s army. Why he master was still entertaining the notion of letting him off with life was obvious, though he was fearful now he still held onto an inkling of hope and the longer this dragged out the greater that hope grew. Once Vehma gave the order and the lieutenant’s hopes dashed his fear and anguish would be intensive, feeding the demon lord, and perhaps Rampage as well as he would be sorry for running after his defeat, or maybe for even following the demon that wished to wage war on the surface.

Vehma heard his general’s disinterest and decided that this had gone on for long enough. Waving a human hand to cut on the still rambling demon he’d curtly say, “That’s enough. Rampage would you do the honors?” The hand that waved stroked the lion’s braided mane before returning to the throne’s armrest.

A cruel smile appeared on the lion’s lips at the demon lord’s words and touch. Rising slowly to his full height he chuckled, “Gladly my lord.” Rampage began to make his approach, the prisoner flinched and even the two guards holding him in submission seemed to want to run if their captive’s fear wasn’t so filling. Both were lesser demons and their suppressed forms was imperfect, one had more of a lizard like look to it, his skin was loose and scales missing or in the process of peeling off. It seemed like he peeled them off himself or they were just falling out as the wounds were all fresh and alive with puss. The other was large and almost obese, he tried for something more human but was left with a thick fleshy snout like a dog’s with too large teeth curling out and around his lips. He was bald and two small horns protruded from his skull, one broken and thus shorter than the other. The whole lot of them were ugly unlike himself or his master even if he wasn’t quite fond that his lord choose a human form as opposed to something more noble.

“R-Rampage, please don’t. I-I’m sorry! I will still serve and fight! You know I’m a good warrior I can be of use to you- and to our master of course! Please spare me my masters.” The rat like creature crooned on and on, quite a headache really.

Standing just before that sniveling pointed nose, he growled, his smile gone now. This was just annoying to have this weakling keep begging after his judgment had already been set in stone. There was little he could say not that would change this.

“Coward. You shall be replaced in a heartbeat with all of the demons clambering to get up here, the least you could do is die with some dignity.” His voice was gruff and stern. He was general and he knew what he said was perfectly true. Every single demon down below wanted up and Vehma was cruel making them swear loyalty and jump through hoops to earn a spot on the surface world.

Sick of hearing the beast babble on Rampage lunged forwards, his powerful jaws encircling the demon’s throat. With excellent restraint he applied next to no pressure at first, feeling the creature quiver in terror all for the benefit of his master of course. After painfully slowly adding in force to his bite the lesser demon squealed out. Out of the corner of his eye Rampage saw the dog faced demon grinning widely as the fear and pain from the one in front of him surged though his body as rich nourishment just as it would be for Vehma. After sinking his deadly fangs in just before the point he would kill the beast he snapped down and torn the coward’s head clean off.

Too proud to drink blood that had already been spilt on the ground the lion licked his lips clean then dropping the head for the guards he returned to stand before his master. Vehma lacked any sort of expression to show he was pleased which was surprisingly a tad disappointing for the gray general, though this emotionless face was nothing new to him.

“Very good Rampage. It would seem that I cannot trust any of these weak demons to overtake even a small village. I would like you to assemble an army and lead them in full force against the pitiful city that feels they can rebel against my rule. And if you would like to venture further you are welcome to. Our dungeons are becomes empty and the soldiers are hungry.”

Bowing his head at the order causing his beads and bells to clank and jingle he responded with his eyes on the floor, “Of course my master. I shall not disappoint you.”

“Oh, and I would like you to include the new recruits in your army. They need to be taken to the farm before you lead your attack.”

“Yes my lord.” He responded obediently but inside he cursed. The new recruits were weak, simple minded beasts barely able to call themselves demons. Yet it was an order and when an order was given by his master he would follow without question. With that he turned, sidestepping the feasting guards and exited the royal chamber to choose from the available forces who he would take with him.

--Meanwhile--

There sits a smaller city, almost untouched by the demon's destructive kiss. Too far off from the demon's stronghold, here in Hi'kerl they still stand strong and waiting for continuing assault. Along with their neighboring city of Yulik they their warriors had just fended off a massive army. Though the battle took many lives and ruined much of the land, Yulik was city that took almost all of the damage as the battle was waged there. Yulik's once lush forests that were so envied by the people living in the plains by Hi'kerl were completely decimated. The survivors were now given a new view of the vast twisting and turning canyons with their steep jutting cliffs, and the desolation that was left behind in the demon's warpath.

Hi'kerl continues to thrive, though now it's farms are tended with soldiers never too far away and keen eyed archers looking for anything that could resemble a warband. The people here know that this war is far from over yet the streets are still alive with celebration over their recent victory.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: War of Blood
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm 

The smell of blood and fire are overwhelming this place. The sounds of victory is apparent, but for what chaos happened here. It is not worth dancing and singing about the so-called glorious victory.

Many thoughts like this flowed through the mind of Rain as he was watching the town from a nearby destroyed ballista that was next to the road leading out of town. This wasn't the first of the cities Rain had encountered that had survived an attack from the invading demonic armies. All the cities were the same. They would celebrate a victory they would have lost if it wasn't the destruction of their armies and their precious landscape. Then the demonic army would come back stronger and better lead. The city would have almost no defense. Nothing in nature could protect them. The cities just became a town in a barren landscape waiting for the demonic armies to take it over.

However, this town as different to Rain. Ever since the demonic invasion began, the wildlife have becoming to begun scarce. This is a huge problem to Rain. With scarce wildlife that means there is little chance of Rain to be eating every night. He hasn't had a decent meal in four days. That's what made this town different to him. Normally he wouldn't even consider going into a town for food, mainly because of his lack of money and the fact that if anything went overly wrong. Rage would take over his body and cause chaos within the town. Desperate times call for the desperate measures. He was beginning to starve and the town had the food he needed.

The moment Rain had been waiting for all day finally happened. A carriage and a couple wagons were approaching the ballista. He didn't want to risk coming into town on foot. Rain was a strange enough looking man as it was without demons about. He probably would have brought a lot of attention to himself if he walked in the front gates. The caravan was ahead of the ballista now. Rain ran towards the back of one of the wagons and climbed inside. The wagon was full of lumber and craftsman supplies. Very limited room, but that's all he needed to enter the town.

The caravan stopped. Rain could hear the guards talking about a routine inspection. Rain took to the darkest corner of the wagon and used his powers to cover himself up in shadows. Soon a guard opened the flaps to the back of the wagon.

"Everyone looks normal in this one too," shouted the guard as he closed the back flaps. Rain was safe for now. He waited for a few more minutes as the wagon was being drawn into town. He suspected to be in the middle of the town, which would be the best place to take some of the desperate food he needed.

He hopped out of the wagon and into an overwhelming crowd of celebrators.

Perfect. No one will notice a thief in a celebration like this

Rain saw what appeared to be a baker with his little outdoor shop on the corner. After being pushed and pulled by the celebrators he finally made it to the shop. The baker was in a deep conversation with some of the celebrators.

He will never notice

He grabbed a small loaf of bread and continued walking. A few more steps and he was greeted by the cold touch of steel to the back of his neck.

"Looks like we have a thief here. You should know the price thieves have to pay. Stretch your arm out so we don't take it by force," spoke the rough looking soldier behind Rain.

Rain was in trouble. If he allowed his arm to be cut off, Rage would take his body over and most likely massacre all the innocents. If he resisted, he would have to fight. Running would be impossible with everyone here. If he fought, he would most likely kill innocents. And the longer he fought the higher chance for Rage to appear.

Are you ready to run? I've been waiting patiently for this... Are you ready to die? Cause lately it seems I'm going insane! Please don't get up! Oh no, you're fine right there! Just don't mind me as I take you all in! So drink 'em up, oh yes just slam 'em down! Have one on me as I lock you all in! My sweet little sheep your wolf has come...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:30 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Shasterah watched the small town from her vantage point in the shadows of the trees. She chuckled gently to herself as she watched the theif. He was ususally good, she could tell, but he had underestimated the vigilance of the baker. Of course, now, he was struggling within himself with some decision, and Shasterah tilted her head. She had no plans on interfering, but watching, instead. As a moon wolf, she had no business joining a humanoid fray. Still, this event intrigued her, and it was a welcome break from the lonely forest she had been in for days.

Shasterah shook her silver fur out and sat back on her haunches. Maybe the theif would know what he was doing after all. She herself had never been a theif, and would not know how to escape a predicament such as his. Many thoughts ran through her mind as to how this could work, but, in the end, she had no idea. She had no thumbs, no human arms, no human face. She was but a wolf, and only had an entire understanding of her own culture. A slight chuckle escaped her throat again. This theif would be dead by now if he had been a wolf. Losing an arm seemed very mild.

A gentle breeze began to play through the tree branches as Shasterah laid down. This would be endlessly interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:53 pm 

CF's Resident Drunk

Medals: 2
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (1)

Ahrim looked onward from the window of the tavern. The city was in celebration over a minor victory; while the partying was not a terrible thing, it would’ve been better to take the time to solidify the cities defenses against another attack. He sighed and went to unpacking his bag. He managed to get a descent sized room for a couple nights with what money he had left and he made sure that each would have their privacy. Rebecca had the only bed, which was fine; he preferred the floor anyway, better for the wings.

While laying out a couple of deer skins as a sort of padding against the wooden floor, his stomach growled. Frowning, he checked what food they had left…. It wasn’t much. He pondered for a moment, glancing at the leather gloves that covered his claws and then at Rebecca, whose back was turned at the moment. He knew what to do, rising up he turned towards the door.

“I’m going out to see if I can’t find some work, if you’re a little hungry, we do have some jerky left. I shouldn’t be long.”

Walking down the streets of the city was surprisingly easy even with the party going on. He walked for the better part of half an hour before he found what he was looking for.

He spent a couple hours inside that shop, working along side the blacksmith, scribing spells into the nearly finished blades. Walking out, a bag of silver jingled inside his tunic and weariness in his stride. The crowd grew substantially since he was last out, getting through them was more difficult, but he managed and found his way near an open shop bakery. People circled around the shop off to the side, curiosity drew him in, and he pushed through the citizens to see.

In the center stood a guard and a would be thief, normally he would’ve passed on, but something about that thief made his wings shift from under his own cloak. But this man was in danger, and it was a bit of food he was stealing and not coin or something else. Ahrim approached the guardsmen, removing his hood to allow both to see him.

“Good sir, might I inquire what this man has done for him to lose an arm?” He asked, glancing quickly at the drawn blade.

“I caught this thief in the act of stealing, and our law states that cretins like him must be punished swiftly.” The man replied proudly.

Ahrim thought for a moment. “But this is a day of celebration is it not? Look around you, everyone is having a good time, and not even the lowliest beggar has gone hungry today. I say give this man the right to have something to eat, and that bread is only worth a few copper, is a few copper worth removing a working mans arm? Here my good sir.” He said, reaching into his money pouch. “Give the baker this half silver, to pay for this bread; there is no need for bloodshed.”

The guard took the silver and removed the sword from Rain’s neck. The crowd started to disperse, and with them gone, Ahrim turned to Rain.

“Will you be alright friend? Perhaps you need a warm meal more than that meager bread."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm 

Quite a look of surprise crossed Shasterah's features as she watched. The human was fine, that she could see. However, another had to help him. Such a strange twist of events has occured! Wolves would never help a random loner, let alone a theif. Shasterah shook her head, her gray fur slightly ruffled in confusion as she pondered the culture. Was it possible for strangers to care for one another? Did that mean wolves were capable of it as well?

Shasterah banished the thoughts from her mind. Such culture shock only served to confuse her. She gazed down with amber eyes as she rose to her paws and shook her fur out entirely. She hesitated for a moment before she turned back towards the forest. She would have to learn more about this strange way of life. She broke into a silent run, leaving a faint trail of pawprints behind her. The only testimony that she was ever there....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:52 pm 

The general stood sternly before his troops. While it contained some of the rather good warriors most of the other truly great demons were off leading assaults elsewhere. Instead he was left with the new recruits. Chosen to come from the underworld because they were still dumb and unable to even consider fighting an older demon and their willingness to accept orders without question. It would be years before they could even come to a level where they would start to specialize as a demon and grow into a true form. Now they were just shadows of their former selves; skeletal and bloodthirsty. Some wore some rusted armor or clung to old weapons, still clinging to their old ways. Demons after all were just sinning humans sent to hell and twisted into new forms. The lion was too old to recall his original life, few his age did, but if these new demons could speak they could probably recite their past life to a T.

Those weaklings numbered a little over a hundred, but they were generally useless, they fought like humans still, thought like humans still, and most importantly they died like humans; quickly. His true choices numbered much fewer, only about thirty. They had been demons for much longer and while the newly spawned creatures were all generally the same this bunch was much more varied. Some in a demon form, rotting flesh and twisted limbs with sickening claws and fangs. Others, the stronger ones, in suppressed forms; out of these some where weaker suppressions, like the dogfaced guard they still held traces of their demon form.

Of all his army he had two officers that stood at attention before the rest. A tall, broad shouldered crocodile like man. Solid glistening green scales lines his well muscled form like plate armor. There didn’t seem to be an outward weak point on him. He wore a leather loin cloth that held tightly to his hips, the strap of which was adorned with many bronze beads and bangles. A show of high rank, he seemed close to a promotion and Rampage felt he could see why, taking an instant liking to him. The croc’s pupiless golden eyes stared firmly out into the distance. A massive battle axe was slung effortlessly across his back.

As for the other, the lion knew he would not like nearly as much. Female and in the form of a pristine white doe. Though it was no normal deer, her eyes were bloodshot red, again without any pupils and her teeth protruded form her jaws creating thin, frightening fangs. Along her back were small while batlike wings, too small for long flight but for short bursts they would do just fine. War minded general disapproved of such a choice in form even with the altercations. If it were perhaps a stag then Rampage would accept it but this was a female and it simply did not seem suitable for battle. Though she probably had a good deal of skills in magic eyeing her much fewer bronze bits that pierced her long ears or that were worn on a necklace along with a handful of fangs. Females, even if demons seemed too weak and delicate, not suitable for war at all but this was all he had to choose from.

“We shall be heading south from here: first to one of our farms then to the war front.” He roared out so that all in the castle could hear. His announcement was followed by some brief cheers and howls of delight. Most had heard of the farms if they had not yet visited them and such a visited was a coveted experience. Then in a quieter growl, now speaking only to his troops, “If there are any questions or doubts about this journey speak now.” He said so in an almost sing-songy voice, like a joke. Yet the cold blue eyes glared out daring any to speak out of term. To question here was to disobey and to disobey him was to disobey Vehma’s orders which could only mean death.

One stupid demon hesitantly raised his arm. The joking smile that he held before flew away swiftly seeing this. Shoving through the war host to the one that had a question, he came before the wide eyed demon. It was shorter than him and in an unsuppressed form it’s rotting flesh twitching uncontrollably at being addressed so directly by the general.

Honey like voice asked with soft eyes almost seeming kind if not for the way Rampage had approached him it would have seemed friendly. “So now, you have a question?”

“Huh?! No, no I have no question!” blurted out the lesser demon fearing for his life. Even the others that were near by seemed to inch away in fear of their general’s current mood.

Massive head tilted to the side a bit as if confused, “Oh, you have no question for me? Then why did you want me to come all the way here then?” His voice sounded so innocent and dragged out certain words for effect. The rest of his army was dead silent, not even the usual gurgle was present and all could hear his normal speaking voice and even the whispers of the small demon before him.

It cowered before him, trying to make itself even smaller. “No it’s just a stupid question, please spare me.”

Playful expression disappeared and was replaced by a more serious mask. “I have no need for those who second guess themselves in my army. Leave. Now!” Rampage watched as the pitiful demon practically tripped over his own tail trying to run away. Looking to the side he spotted one of the guards from the royal chambers early walking by, trying to act as if he wasn’t watching the general discipline his warriors. “You there! Lizard! Take his place.” His word was close to law given his rank, the only above him was Vehma and their master surely wouldn’t mind if some imperfect guard was taken off to war in place of a coward. The news of what just happened would spread like wildfire once he left the castle anyway and Vehma would most certainly understand.

With that the lion moved out of his army back to the lead and shook his head so that his bells would chime beautifully. “We move out to the farm now.” With that said Rampage lead his army out of the castle and onto the wasteland that surrounded it. Once a lush countryside was now nothing by ash; and the demons liked it like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

Celebratory sounds, smells, and the overall feeling of victory hung heavy in the busy streets and Olys's senses were on high alert. Although sightless he made his way through the crowd effortlessly sniffing around for a decent food stand. Eventually his nose led him to a small bakery stand where the merchant clearly wasn't paying any attention as he was engrossed in some meaningless conversation. Feeling his stomach turn, Olys reached for his money pouch but found it empty.

"By the Gods...." he cursed silently to himself ad he wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead, preventing them from soaking into his blindfold. His stomach begged for food and Olys was feeling desperate so he settled on attempting to grab a loaf when he felt and heard the presence of another nearby who had the exact same idea. Olys paused a moment then quickly removed his hand, listening for any repercussion the other would be thief might incur. Sure enough the sounds of clanking armor breezed by Olys and the familiar sound of a sword being removed from its scabbard rang clearly into his ears. The next few moments were crucial as Olys felt Everyone's attention turn towards the guard and thief. Olys raised an eyebrow in this gracious opportunity that has fallen before him but he had to be cautious about it.

"Ah merchant, how much for the loaf?" his gruff voice spoke clearly but the merchant paid him no mind as he was fixated on the situation at hand with the guard. As a smile formed across Olys's face, slyly he slid two loafs into his cloak and made his way towards the guard and other thief but the voice of another man halted Olys and he listened intently as this new man cleverly bought off the guard and the crowd went about their celebration. A noble act indeed, the type of which Olys had not come across in many years of traveling.

Intrigued by the general goodness of this mans soul Olys felt compelled to do something him and the would be thief he had just saved. Olys listened as he felt the guard approaching, the newly acquired silver piece dangling in his pouch was as clear as a bell in Olys's ears. In a smooth motion he bumped into the guard hard, skillfully snaking his fingers swiftly into the pouch snatching up the silver piece then stumbling off to the side as if the guard had overpowered him with a mere shoulder bump.

"What yourself ya blind fool! Stumbling about like people will move for ya, you should be ashamed! Now scat!" and with a light kick to Olys's leg the guard went on with his business and Olys made his way to the other two men, secretly handing the nobleman his silver piece back.

"Surely it can be better spent, sir" Olys spoke with a smile. Quickly he reached into his cloak and removed a loaf and handed it to the other thief.

"Not as easy as it seems eh?" Olys chuckled lightly as he patted Rains' shoulder. Then his face grew serious.

"But as much of an oaf as that guard is he'll soon find out he's a silver piece short so if you don't mind I suggest we find somewhere to go and quickly." Olys spoke to the two men and started walking not waiting to see if either would take him up on his suggestion.

This is for everything you’ve ever loved
Use all the pain that you’ve felt in your life as the currency go out and trade it for blood
You are not you. You are now us
We are the only ones that you can trust
You’ll become fear. They’ll become dust
Before this moment you didn't mean much
You are the smoldering vessel of punishment born to do nothing but justify us"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 am 

Shasterah slowly walked in the oncTe beautiful landscape, her paws leaving a trail in the ash that seemed to cover the earth at this particular location. She remembered a time when this place had been absolutely breathtaking to behold. After all, she had once called the place home. That is, before her pack was destroyed....

With a quick, deliberate shake of her head, Shasterah forced her memories to the back of her mind. Oh, how she wished that she had the time to linger in the better days of her younger years! But, the land was filled with the stench of demons, and Shasterah had to keep her senses on high alert. She stopped and sniffed the wind for any sign of a Sun Wolf, but there was no whiff of her family's murderers. Shasterah pondered this for a moment, the wind blowing through her silver fur as her amber eyes became distant. After a short debate, she decided that any right-minded pack, even the Sun Wolves, would have left a long time ago, when the first hint of humans and demons began to singe the air with their acrid odor.

Shasterah sucked air into her lungs until they had expanded to full capacity before she blew it out through her incisors in a long, heavy sigh. She resumed her walk, her eyes and ears on alert as she paid attention to the various scents upon the breeze. She did not think she was capable of taking on a pack of demons. Strange, as any demon she knew had always ran separately....

Maybe that's what that celebration was about, thought Shasterah as the idea that someone had gathered an army of other-worldly beings crossed her mind. Of course, that had to be it. It made total sense. At least, in her eyes, it did.

As Shasterah became lost in the possibility, her senses became lax. She wasn't aware of her surroundings until she ran into something large. As she stumbled back, her initial surprise turned to an icy fear as she found herself gazing at a massive lion.

Shasterah sent a desperate mental plea as she found herself rooted to the spot. My ancestors and pack, help me!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:09 pm 

Rain was now out of harm's way, well more like the guard and several people were out of harm's way. If his limb was removed unknown catastrophe would have occurred. He could already feel Rage's excitement and disappointment from this incident. He really wanted to come out and play.

However, this wasn't going to happen yet. The kindness of the strangers was something Rain was not used to, but it was well appreciated. He now had food, and maybe the chance at befriending these men. This was the time of war and allies are always needed, even for a wandering monster such as Rain.

There wasn't much here for him to do in this city, but the blind man was headed somewhere. So the best thing to do now, was to follow the man's instructions.

Rain sped up to Olys and silently walked next to him, wondering where they were headed.

Are you ready to run? I've been waiting patiently for this... Are you ready to die? Cause lately it seems I'm going insane! Please don't get up! Oh no, you're fine right there! Just don't mind me as I take you all in! So drink 'em up, oh yes just slam 'em down! Have one on me as I lock you all in! My sweet little sheep your wolf has come...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:07 pm 

Drip. Drip. Drip. The sound of blood dripping to the floor was the sound that allowed the woman to concentrate.

You can do this Rebecca. Just concentrate harder. The stinging of the gash in her leg had gone away long ago, and now she was on the harder part: The actual healing. Perhaps it was because she had no one to teach her, but it was always draining on her. She could heal many types of wounds, but each one took the same amount of energy and almost always left her drained. Maybe if I continue to practice it’ll get easier.

It was as the skin began to heal, meld together once more, that a voice pierced her concentration causing her to jump. Of course, it was just the father figure that she traveled with: Ahrim. A small sigh escaped young Rebecca’s lips as the gash began to bleed once more. She knew they did not have much left, and suspected that he was leaving to find some work. Might as well earn my keep as well. One look out of the window, and Rebecca grabbed a bag full of gypsy clothes.

It was ten minutes later that she was dressed and on the street. Normally, she would heal for money, but that didn’t pay nearly as well as her other talent: Dancing. Her slender body moved with the music of the celebration and each person who passed took in not only her ability, but her beauty. As she twisted and turned, gold piece after gold piece was dropped into the bag by her feet, and for just a while Rebecca was calm.

"If I ever build an office building, I'll have room 403 have a lock on its door, and then it'll go straight to room 405. What happened to room 404? Ha ha! Looks like it's not found! Get it? Like the HTTP Error Code. 404: Not found.Listen. My joke is tremendously hilarious. It's a double joke because 403 means "Forbidden", and there's a lock on the door. That is comedy right there. That is a one way ticket to Laughtertown, USA."
"HTTP Error Code jokes? Seriously?"
"They're funny. Room 501 doesn't have a door yet. It's Not Implemented! And there's a big hole where room 401 should be because it's Gone."
"None of these are going to be funny."
Room 304 is how you remember it! It's...It's...Not Modified!"

If you get this, good for you! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 am 

With interest, Kadlai watched the dancing girl. She was good, very good, her twisting, flowing movements obviously practised and worked on to the high degree she was showing. The gold at her feet showed he wasn't the only one who thought she was good. However, the dancing wasn't the only thing keeping Kadlai watching.

"Hmm, magiccc." he whispered, his hissing, grating voice betraying his true identity. As the girl moved, Kadlai's flecked eyes picked up the subtle, wavering hints of magic, mostly gathered around one of the girls legs, showing recent use. He could almost feel the warm, gentle glows of the magic seeping through him, nourishing him like no meat could. Tentatively, he reached out to the dancing girl with his mind, making sure to keep to the shadows so that, if she felt his touch, she wouldn't see him.

"Ahhh, yess!" Under his breath, Kadlai moaned as he felt the faintest magic emanating from the girl. It had been so long since he'd had a proper meal; he felt weak. Bringing back the probing tendril, Kadlai turned and walked down into the alley he was stood in, his dark brown trench coat fluttering behind him as he walked, and his hat tilted down to cover his eyes. Flecked in hazel and with a slitted pupil, not unlike a snake, they would give him away as much as his voice, perhaps more so, but at that moment, being discovered wasn't on his mind.

He was going to feed!

((Hey, hope you don't mind me joining :) ))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 am 

CF's Resident Drunk

Medals: 2
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (1)

Ahrim graciously accepted the silver piece from the new man, looking him over as he slipped it into his own pouch. Deducing that either the man was not really blind or he was trained well in how to use his other senses. The later proved more plausible. Satisfied that the guard wasn’t in sight anymore, he pulled up his hood and headed after the two men.

"There is a tavern up ahead called the Prancing Pony, that I am staying at with my companion. If you like, I'll take you both in and set you up with a meal and room if you wish. He said to both of them, keeping in step. Unconsciously his wing muscles flexed a little, creating a petite movement of his cloak, yearning to be stretched. With everyone packed in so closely, he was nigh impossible from him to stretch in peace.