All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Living a Lie-IC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:22 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai
Blog: View Blog (8)

"Hush! Listen, listen closely! Do not think just listen! Alric of the gods, blessed with understanding, given gifts by your father.... you are powerful.... more powerful and important than you think. Danger lies at every turn if you are to live you must find others like yourself. Yes those born of gods and demons, even those born of humans and demons, who knows what else. I have little time..... would you stop resisting me! Gee you can settle down, you aren't making this any easier on me! Thank you. Now where was I..... oh yes. Now I am Yuvine, heard of me? No? Well that is indeed shocking.... but all the better for me. Now I have a 'sister' Named Altine, she is the goddess of Judgement and order. Not even Zeus would disobey her. Her power is beyond that of the gods..... I am what they call the goddess of chaos, of evil, of imbalance! They blame me for the demons.... it isn't my fault I lost control! I just wanted to make the gods stop fighting! I thought if I made helped they would get along..... unfortunately things didn't turn out well and now everything is my fault. So not fair..... now me and Altine used to be one and the same, balance and harmony in perfect order. But things changed over time and after the demons she split me from herself...... that was when she sided with the gods and sealed me.... Altine would have wiped out all of mankind and even the gods if it hadn't been for some who were loyal to me! A treaty was made Altine would sleep and the gods would learn to rule well, mankind would live in peace and the demons would be removed. The gods were given 10,000 years to complete this task..... and no that was not too much time! We are nearing the end of it now! And look at mankind the gods and the demons! We are running out of time fast and Altine is waking up! There are three ways to wake her up.... One is after 10,000 years, if the gods cannot get along and war breaks out across the heavens, the earth and the deep, or if one sings the song of release. Alric..... my power is fading fast, I am sorry but you are the only one that can awaken me! You must awaken me with the song of release! If Altine wakes any other way the world is over! This is the only way I can help! Find others like yourself Alric.... tell them the tale! And whatever you hear please believe me! I am not evil!

Alric sat up straight..... he looked around..... that dream.... it was so real! Alric replayed the words in his head. The mark on his wrist burned. Alric shook his head and tried to ease the pain by humming a song. He always sang..... it was his mothers gift. His real mother that was..... who he never had known! His father was a demon he later learned..... all of this spun around in his mind. Living like this had taken its toll on him.... something though was urging him to move.... he wasn't safe and something was calling him to someplace..... he knew he needed to follow it and get away from this terrifying presence that was slowly growing.

Alric stood up and left the small glade he had found and walked through the trees heading north. Something was moving..... something in the very earth was stirring.

~Master to Butler Vilora

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Living a Lie-IC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Livia was dressed in her pajamas by around 10 PM. Her bed was waiting to be slept in, her teeth were brushed to the point where her gums would surely bleed, and she had her clothes waiting for her in the morning to be put on. Honestly, she hated this ritual. It was Saturday night for cripes' sake! No normal teenager-scratch that- any teenager slept that early on the weekends-except for her of course.

"Oh, but Livia," her mother would say, "What's the point in sleeping late? You're a growing girl! You need the extra sleep. Besides, why wake up when the day is half over? It makes you feel like you have more to do, for instance homework."

And there was no harm in that. Yeah, her mother was right as usual, but it was such a pain to have to listen to her all the time. Maybe she wanted to go to bed at 10:30 PM. When was she going to be able to make her own decisions?

"You have to wait until you're 18. For now, you live under my house and my rules," she said. Dammit.

Well, no matter! Her eighteenth birthday was only about a year away. And then she could decide what colors she wanted for her room and what she wanted as a present for living another full year of life out (although it was never full in the first place) and even choose a car!

Her mother opened the door just as Livia buttoned up her pajama top.

"You're not asleep yet, I see."

"Relax, Mom. I'm gonna."

"Alright." Livia's mother began to walk out of the doorway and then turned her head back once. She opened her mouth to say something, but then moved forward. Livia shut off the lights crawled into bed at last, falling asleep faster than she realized dreaming of cars, furniture she's always wanted...

And then a memory.

Actually, she wasn't even sure if this was a memory or something created by her dreams. But it kept playing...

"A girl!" cried her father, "A little girl..." Her weary mother handed the child over to her father who was cuddling and cooing at the little bundle he held in his arms. "She's precious, isn't she?"

"Yes, she is," said her mother, frowning, "Maybe...more precious than I realized." Her father sat by his wife's side, looking at her intently.

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

"I've been thinking and... I feel Heaven is not the best place to raise a child at the moment being with the Demons and all-"

"We've discussed this! Besides, you know very well as I do that Earth is basically a battlefield. What good would it be to raise her there?"

"And you think she'll be safer in Heaven? If the Demons trespass, she's dead because they'll know she has Gods for parents! At least on Earth we have a better chance of disguising it." Her father sighed.

"I don't like this. You promised you'd agree with me on this no matter what and not try your"-

"I'm not trying to persuade you! I'm only telling you the truth." She glanced at her daughter who was barely able to open her eyes. "Times have changed. We have to do something."

And then the film stopped playing. It was odd... Her "parents" shown had golden hair in contrast to the mousy brown color they have, but she could still tell it was them other than that difference. Then another clip played in her mind-this time an actual memory.

A young Livia was sitting on the stairs as her brunette mother gently lathered neosporin where the burns on her upper torso were. She didn't cry, but she was hissing and whining at the cool touch of the cream dissolving on her skin.

"Livia, why were you using the Easy Bake oven without telling me? Oh you poor thing, look at you!" Livia sniffled and wiped her eyes. "And now Dad's getting rid of the thing. He never liked that I bought you it in the first place."

"S-Sorry..." And then she smiled. "Y-You think maybe I'll get super powers?" Her mother looked at her at first surprised, but then puzzled.

"Superpowers? What kind of super powers?" Livia grinned.

"Ya know-like how Spider Man got bit by that spider and got spider powers! Maybe I'll get cooking powers or-or maybe I can play with fire!"

Her mother laughed at this, but when Livia heard it this time in her memories, the laugh sounded more relaxed.

"Happy birthday, Livia! Now blow out the candles! Don't forget to make a wish!" Livia, now about eleven years old leaned close to her birthday cake.

"Oh, do I have to? I'm tired of blowing out the candles..."

She flicked her hand boredly at the direction of the cake and the flames...fell off the tip of the candle. She gasped and raised her hand, watching as the flames obeyed the movements of her hands.

"Wow, look at me! I DO have super powers!" Her still brunette parents looked at each other worriedly.

"Uh...Livia, just put out the fire. Be careful. You don't to burn the house, do ya?"

"Oh. Sorry."

Livia remembered this well. She remembered her parents immediately reacting the way they did. And then she would flick her hand again and the flames would go out, but this time, they hit a picture frame. It went on fire and her parents started screaming.

"Livia, what are you doing!?"

"What?" Livia pulled back the flames, but she couldn't detach it from the picture frame. Instead, it spread along the walls of her kitchen and soon enough began to devour the rest of the house to ashes.

Her parents' hair went on fire, burning away their brown hair and revealing golden strands. And then blurry creatures kicked down the already burning door knob and on their first thought, grabbed Livia and fleed with her out of the house just before it crumbled down on her parents.

"See!? I TOLD you we should have stayed in Heaven!" That was the last thing she heard in the background...

Livia woke up, startled. She felt cold and sweaty. Her head was pounding madly. Those last words kept screaming in her head...

She couldn't take it anymore. On instinct, she packed her bag, stuffed it with clothes and necessities and left it sitting at the edge of her bed and then looked back at the clock. She needed sleep for once. This would have to wait for morning.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:21 pm 

Felicity was taking a walk down the street with her pet ferret Barret on her shoulder. It was late at night and she was looking up at the stars. She scratched behind Barret's small ear and felt him lean in closer to her. "This is fun isn't it Barret? We should do this more often. It's not like we never walk because we do plenty of that but just taking some time to look at the stars would be nice from time to time."

Now that I think about it, it was on a night like this that I left home. She started to think about the day she left home, knowing it could have been different.

"Happy Birthday to me" She blew on the candle in the cupcake. CLICK. "Guess mom's home." She's home early, it's only ten. She walked out of her room and into the living room to find her mother sitting on the couch.

"Welcome home mom."

"I've told you before to call me by my first name." She responded annoyed.

"Sorry mo-Linda. Your home early, you must have worked hard today." She smiled kindly at her mother.

"Not like it should matter to you what I do"

"That's it!! I've had it with the way you treat me! You are my mother and I'm not even aloud to call you mom or ask how your day's been. I absolutely HATE doing what I'm told and yet I do what you tell me to do I'm NICE to you and you don't even care."

Linda stood up and slapped Felicity. "Who do you think you are to raise your voice at me? I'll treat you how ever the hell I want to treat you!! You think I should care about you just because your my daughter? Your wrong, your just scum I took peaty on. Your lucky I even feed and dress you ungrateful brat!!!"

"So now I'm an scum and an ungrateful brat? What have I ever done to you to deserve that!?" I feel...weird. Like I'm...warm...on the inside.

"You were born, that's what! Your that things child. I should have left you in the streets when I had the chance."

"That thing? What thing? I thought I didn't have a father." I'm scared, the warms is getting hotter and it's starting to burn. She began breathing heavily.

"You're that damned Demon's child! I can't believe I let him fool me into loving him and now I'm stuck with such a disgusting package like you!"

M-my father is...is a Demon. No i-it ca-can't be true. Tears started rolling down her face. "Your lying! That's not true. And I'm not disgusting.

"It is true, why would I lie about such a thing? And your right, your not disgusting. You are worse then that."

It hurts. It really hurts. What's this scary feeling?

"I HATE YOU!!!"

"Did I...did I really just kill my own mother? No, she's not my mother and she deserved to die. But...what's this power? I can move my own hair with my will. It's kind of stretchy too. Hmm I think I'm going to like this."

"Come to think of it I found out about my other powers a few months after that. It's kinda how I cached you Barret." She giggled at the memory of having to stun the poor ferret to be able to catch him. "You know, I really don't have any regrets about that day. The day I killed Linda I mean."

She stopped walking once they reached the beach. She stayed there playing in the sand with Barret for a while more until they went back to the Tavern they were staying in.

Kissslowly,
Laugh insanely,
Love truly, and
Forgive quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 pm 

Location: You wouldn't want to know all the places my mind goes... but my body is stuck in Dubai

Aleric started running, the fear was growing, the mounting horror, everything was sending him into a panic. Aleric reached a clearing and stopped dead in his tracks, panic gripped him. A large three headed beast stood before him. Its eyes were red and deep as hell. All six looked right at him.... the flames seemed to leap out and consume Aleric in their gaze. The three heads each had a neck that connected to a main body... the body was broad and strong like a great beast with legs like a dragon. A tail flicked around, spike running down it. Aleric had never seen anything like it!

It forked tongue flicked in and out, "Sssoo, you are the one who musssst be killed..... where are the othersss? I wasss told you would be be with othersss like yoursssself? They cannot hide from me.... Hadessss himsssself made me! I will finish you off one by one."

The smile that formed on the creatures face froze Aleric's blood.

"Poor fool! Lucky you eluded ussss thissss long! Now you time hasss come to an end."

The creature raised its right leg intending to swipe Aleric. He quickly fell to the ground feeling the claws almost hit him. Aleric was not ready for when the tail swipped and caught Aleric, he should have been dead. But he was caught between two spikes and was merely hurled through the air. He landed with a thud gasping for breath, the three heads turned around grinning at Aleric.

"Good, you aren't asssss fasssst to kill! I like thingsssss to be longer."

Aleric knew he was going to die, he had not the power to fight this thing on his own.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Darkcloud wandered the streets that night, never once stopping to ask for directions. She just found herself almost being pulled some where and no where all at the same time, so she wandered. Even as she wandered her eyes never left the pavement, though not much could be seen of her face as she had her trench coat collar pulled up and her fedora pulled low. The only sound she made was the soft clicking of her heels as they touched the ground.

As she walked thoughts kept racing through her mind, soon those thoughts turned into images, the images that she has been trying to keep repressed for a year or so now. The memories of her childhood.

"Aqua-aires, please listen to me," her mother said as she tried to get her young teenager to look up at her, "those powers you claim to have are wrong, evil even. You must never use those powers again, otherwise They will come and take you away."

Aqua-aires just sat there and rolled her eyes before saying, "Mother your just paranoid, you think that an unblessed sneeze is going to make them come and take me away in the middle of the night, I know what I am doing." she said so matter of factly that a worried look crossed her mothers face.

"No, you cant possibly ever know how to control the dar..." she suddenly stopped and looked around before quickly going to the door and closing it, then the windows to make sure the curtains where tightly closed. All the while whispering incoherently to Aqua-aires.

Feeling an anger boil up inside of her from an unknown source she leaped up from her chair and hardly controlling the strength and the volume of her voice she asked, "what are you so scared of, What could possibly be so bad that has you shacking like a leaf in fall?"

Her mother turned and looked as her daughter demanding answers from her. What she saw made her heart drop, for standing in front of her was not her daughter, but one that only looked like her, though her eyes looked like opals, and there were flashes of the pure elements swirling around her, almost as if they were competing with each other. "Aqua-aires, please, calm down," she had said quietly, though fearfully, before the memory faded into darkness.

The memory quickly changed to another. To a time shortly after the first.

"Mother, where are you?" Aqua-aires screamed as lights in all colors, shades and brightness flashed all around her, yet far off in the distance she could see what seemed to be a dark storm cloud coming her way quickly.

"Your mother isn't here." An ominous voice resounded all around her, though something about it warmed her then chilled her to the bone. "She can no longer see or hear you. She will no longer be there to hold you back. You can now go and be who you long to be, do as you see best for you."

As the voice spoke the colors were quickly fading and being taken over by the storm that was nearly over her.

"Go now and create your own destiny," the voice said as it spoke louder and even more ominous then before. As it started to fade she was covered in complete darkness from the storm.
In the storm she heard sounds of that of a battlefield, though there was no one near her. Among the the sounds of pain and agony was that of joy, and unmistakable pleasure.
Waking with a start, as she sat up in her bed holding her ears as the noises faded into one name, Darkcloud.

Panting she looked around hoping it was just a dream, though all around she could see that her home looked like an army had just ransacked everything, though in a circle around her bed was a shimmering light, that was whispering the name. As she looked at it more intently she was surprised to hear it say, "Follow your destiny, Darkcloud."

"Ever since" she said softly to herself as she continued to walk, I have been Darkcloud, The Wanderer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm 

Location: Snatching You up and Disposing of your Mutilated Body..

Rasira never had much of a home to go to after that...accident...Or was it really an accident?Who knew...Rasira hardly could care,she didn't have a bond with those people,who claimed to be her 'family' anyway.She had never thought she could have been traumatized by the 'accident' that occurred with her "family",that day almost made it seem like she was heartless.When the truth was she just didn't know how to take it,she never took anything seriously probably why she didn't care they all died in the first place.When she was younger she knew how different she was just never could grasp what it was that made her so different,but she found out.

Letting out a breath,she stopped walking and looked to the moonlight sky,and pondered something she didn't do often.Rasira's eyes flashed as she felt something rub her ankle and purr,looking down she had found a rather small and fluffy black kitten."Why are you so attracted to something such as me,you to must be a fiend of the dark."She grinned picking the small creature up.It didn't look but six weeks old and it reminded her of her missing cat,the one that was engulfed by her shadow. That single thought made her remember how everything had started.

"Rasira where is Cheshire,he was just here a second ago you know he's not supposed to be outside."Her mother was doing it again,lecturing and asking questions at the same time.
Rasira stood and stared at her with a grin on her face,"Well he just sunk into my shadow,he didn't run away."

Her mother rolled her eyes and grunted in frustration."Stop being imaginative and tell me what did you do to him? I'm tired of having to tell you to stop bringing him out here!"

"Mother...Being imaginative is below me,surely you know that I'm far more than just imaginative.I did not make this up,it is true simple as that." She replied staring at her mother who only seemed to be getting slightly angry.

"Your starting to push my buttons,I get you a cat you let it run off.I put you through counseling and you spout lies about talking to strange shadow creatures,and I can't even have friends over when your around because their scared of you!" Her mother snapped,Rasira's grin was long gone she just stood there with her head tilted to the side like a curious animal, she looked like she was completely in another world,or better yet lost.

"You get me a cat, he disappears.You put me in counseling ,I vent the truth,and your friends just have as many issues as you do. What dose this tell you?" She asked still looking out of this world.
Her mother turned away and screamed ."That you need to speak to a psychiatrist to get you evaluated!"

"Me? I'm perfectly fine I don't see why your so upset thought."Rasira said following after her,but she stopped at the door as her mother started talking to one of her older friend who Rasira didn't like very much.
"Is she still acting strange and saying that she talks to shadows and things like that.?" Unfortunately yes she is.I can't get through to her...She's not even my real child.I'll just take her to see a psychiatrist tomorrow."

Rasira for some reason got upset and stormed past the women throwing them both a look of utter disgust, her mother looks shock for a moment but her eyes softened quickly."I think she heard us." her mother's friend said looking down at her feet.

Later that night a knock was heard through Rasira's door."What do you want you liar?"Rasira asked not sound mad at all but rather playful,but inside she was seething with rage."Come on down stairs it's movie night." Rasira heard a sigh and then feet retreating down the stairs.She looked at her wall and saw a rather angry beast looking shadow,it roared and clawed at the door. When it had taken on the shape of an animal it actually looked real,like a 3-D life form,several others were like that too."Why are you all so angry?"She asked not fearing them at all, they all stared at her with glowing red eyes and she stared back with amusement on her face.

The one that had taken shape of a panther scratched at the door once more. Rasira moved quickly to open the door,"No need to get feisty with me ,it's open."She moved back and they all charged out the door roaring and snarling as they trampled down the stairs. Rasira followed after but stood at the top of the stairs,as she heard screams of pure terror and agony,she slowly walked down the stairs and the scene before her was gruesome. Her father's body was ripped into pieces and his flesh torn from his rib cage and various other places on his body ,blood decorated the walls and claw marks designed his face.

Rasira's face was lacking any type of emotion,as her purple eyes landed on her mother's destroyed corpse.Her face didn't even look recognizable and her arms and legs ripped off like they had played tug of war with her,her ribs looked like they had caved in from some sort of pressure and blood staining the counters and tables in the living room.Bones broken and had pieced through the skin of her mother,one of the creatures was still ripping meat from one of the dead corpses it would have been disgusting for anyone else to see but to her it was like a movie scene that had been set up for a specific part.

It was a massacre, the creatures didn't seem to care they had made a mess of her parents,as she stared her eyes took on a dimmed glow,and the shadowed beasts evaporated into nothing."Well...that was interesting.What will I do now?"She mumbled coming back to reality, her only thought was to find what she was to do with herself at that moment..

Rasira sighed it was the very memory that made her kinda smile,she did truly think that day was interesting.As a mewing reached her ears ,she looked down shushing the small kitten that rested in her arms,again she began walking down the street which was surrounded by nothing but dark trees. Glancing down in her arms she grinned,"I think I've found me a new friend to remind me of that very interesting day."

She had somehow managed to get herself lost in the trees around her as she was following nothing but an urge to discover what was calling to her.Normally she didn't feel this way,with something calling to her very being.But now she was lost, with a mewing kitten in her arms."Well it seems I have gotten lost." Minutes later finding her self deeper into the small forest she felt something rather peculiar,like a dark presence and...another,she followed the strange feelings and found a rather fearsome creature standing and a man laying on the ground breathing heavily.

This creature may not have terrified her,but she knew it was dangerous from it's vicious look and powerful presence,she tilted her head at the creature and man stared in awe.Rasira's eccentric behavior was not suit for this situation but it couldn't be helped at all."What are you,weirdo?" She asked the three headed beast,with her eyes twinkling with curiousity.

I am selfish, I am wrong, I am right.I swear I'm right.
'Swear I knew it all along.Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away
Where innocence is burned, in flames
A million miles from home, I'm walking ahead
I'm frozen to the bones, I am...

~|:|.Butler.|:|

Last edited by Vilora on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm 

Looking up from her revere, Darkcloud noticed that she was nearing the outer perimeters of the city. "How did i get here" she wondered out loud. The few people passing her looked up in confusion at her. Darkcloud had learned in previously to not always trust where her feet had lead her so she started walking back into the city.

As she continued walking her mind slipped back to that dream. She wondered, not for the first time, if it was a dream or not and who that voice belonged to. A few minutes of wondering and she noticed that she was once again heading towards the outer perimeters of the city. This time however she continued walking, letting her feet pick the direction while letting her mind and eyes take in the path she was walking.

Watching where she was heading she noticed that there were larger trees then what would normally be seen in a large city, and the houses around her were getting farther from each other. Nearing an hour of walking she saw that ahead was the largest grouping of trees that she had eve laid her eyes on. At the edge of the woods she stopped no longer feeling the need to walk any farther she sat down, resting her back against the nearest tree. Shortly after she had stopped to rest she drifted off to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 pm 

Hunger. It always came back to that. Walking down the dimly street, the lanky and thin form of a young man stalked the alleys and the darker sidewalks, his mind busy and his stomach growling. He had a hard look about him and his posture betrayed a strong negativity, clearly one would give him a wide berth, unless one got close enough to see the worry in his eyes and the quiver below his lip. Horace walked on, his hand reaching into his hoody-pocket for another snack.

"What the hell do i do now?" he asked himself, taking a wide bite out of the protein bar. "They're gone and i have no idea what I'm doing." He steadied himself as the weight of the world settled upon his shoulders, the reality he endured threatening to overwhelm him.

As he turned onto a dark back road, he stopped to look at the high obstruction blocking the way to the old road leading to the highway. It would have been an inconvenience had he any idea where he was going, so he merely chuckled and looked around for any witnesses. Finding himself alone he returned the wrapper to his pocket and approached an old car sitting at the bottom of the heap, seeing light on the other side. Shifting his weight, he placed his hands on the front and heaved. With visual effort, he slid the car from its home and lifted it from the ground, setting it to the side with a small turn of his waist.

Moving through the small tunnel where the car once rested, he stopped on the other side and caught his breath, brushing himself off and stretching idly. All too quickly, his reality made good on its earlier threats.

"I don't understand!" He had cried out, the man in the suit sitting across from him at the precinct. "What do you mean they're dead!? They just got the car three weeks ago!" His implications of the safety of the vehicle didn't phase the man at all, his somber look only deepening.

"It is true, Horace. You have the photos of the accident and your new situation has been explained. They lost control and drove into a steep ravine, I can't make it much clearer than that" He adjusted his black tie, his hand moving down to hold his now growling stomach. "Huh, i just ate too, no matter." He opened his case. "The manufacturer will reimburse you personally for the damage and loss so have no worries there. you are however, still underage and as your luck would have it, the jack-asses at the office are too lazy to file the extra papers so you'll have the house and its amenities until you are 18. All other assets are being sold to the bank and whatever the remainder is will be yours. So in the meantime, find yourself a job and an apartment and we'll-"

"Wait, what's this?" He asked, looking closer at the photo, pointing to long gouges on the car's sides and hood. "Are these-" The photo vanished quickly and the man apologized, gathering his things. He gave a poor explanation in his rush of the bizarre damage caused by the accident and the painful meeting was suddenly over.

His senses returning, he picked himself up and rubbed his head, a large welt making itself known. "Feh, stupid junk" Kicking the bar of metal that had struck him, he looked to the trees and glared at it thoughtfully. "Holes like that aren't made by branches, they're made by claws..." Looking back at the safety of the alleys and the lights of the diners and despite his hunger he took a breath and moved to the trees. The forest beckoned.

"you say there is no originality these days?! you know, that's not very original at all!"

"enthusiasm is the key to the start of a good strong attitude. do everything with joy and sincerity and you'll never have a bad day again"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:58 pm 

". . . ."

The dirty man falls flat on his face, the iron baseball bat he held slipped loosely from his fingers and rolled away into the dark forest.

"None will mourn your passing."

The black-robed figure reached into a pocket, there was a dull gleam from an obsidian scalpel as it was removed and then gouged deep into the corpse. The baseball bat stopped rolling as it hit a rock, sliding into a beam of moonlight in the middle of the clearing. The bat was heavily coated with dry blood.

The man had waited in those woods just outside of town many times before, preying on nature-lovers, then treating their bodies with indignity. Almost all of whom were young women, each stacked one on top of the other like blocks next to an especially large tree in the middle of the clearing.

The murderer would hide in the shadows, waiting for someone to discover the clearing, and cry out at the sight of the bodies--their screams would be silenced with a brutal swing to the side of the head. An officer had gone into the woods at the sound of the screaming from the last victim, but had made the mistake of crying out himself at the gruesome sight.

When Sabin had chanced upon the clearing, and saw the bodies, he only paused to examine them. Each looked in good condition, except three of the five bodies had begun rotting.

Without Sabin's scream, there was no disguising the killer's heavy footsteps. The man rushed up to the figure that had entered his clearing, and reared back to get a full swing.

Sabin had turned and moved toward the man and grasped his face, digging his nails into the killer's eyes. With a screech from the human and a green pulse from the fingers the skin crumbled and fell away, turning to dust with a passing breeze.

Six bodies, though unremarkable, were of use.

The parts were dissected and fed to a book of flesh being held by Sabin. The cover of the book held empty eyesockets, a mouth and no nose, but took it swallowed the pieces trustfully, until all that was left of the violence were old bloodstains.

The dark figure rose from his labours, and resumed his previous course, heading in search of the demonic energy he had sensed from the city.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 pm 

Waking up, Darkcloud looked around and remembered the long walk she had taken to get where she was. Looking up into the sky she was baffled by the amount of stars she could see. She realized that she had only been asleep for a few short minutes. Something had awoken her, looking around she tried to listen to see if she could hear what it was once again. After a few minutes she looked around again confused at what could have woken her when she sensed the undying need to walk. She started walking north, though she couldn't understand why, she was panicking. She started running through the woods. Every several steps it felt as if the earth itself was upset.

"Why am I so scared?" She asked her self, as her racing through the forest like a dog from the catcher was not like her. She tried to force herself to calm down but her fear only grew stronger.

Stopping for just a moment she looked around confused as to where she was. The ground shook again and she feel to her knees. Leaping up she started running again, as she ran around a tree she stumble into a clearing and saw what had been causing the earth to tremble, the three headed monster seemed to have his attention on a young man who she had just watch be thrown from the creatures tail. Hearing it talk chilled her down all the way to her bones. Thinking quickly she formed a large stone and trying to slam it over one head, she missed and ended up slamming the stone on the monsters tail. Hoping that would give her plenty of time to get to the young man and help him escape.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 pm 

The beast glared at Aleric savoring the victory he now held, another half breed down.... soon the world would be rid of this filth. Its attention focused on Aleric it didn't notice the power behind him untill it felt something strike its tail. One head flipped around and smiled, another figure emerged on the other side, her head cocked to the side asking what the beast was.

"So their are more of you! I knew it." The beats reached out with its senses and noticed the aura of some more, "Dear me we have a lot on their way! This shall be my finest hour then!"

The beast moved with lightning speed leaving Alec alone for a moment. Fire leapt out of the creatures mouth burning the trees around him seeking to incinerate those nearby. His tail flashed out aiming at the girl who had thrown a rock while the heads breather fire one focused on the strange girl and began to claw at her. Aleric jumped up and closed his eyes, he could feel the auras around him, pulsing with strange life. He hoped they would come... he hoped it would be enough to kill the beast. Aleric began to sway in his place he slowly chanted a brief tune that swelled and he caused it to be alluring so that those with his aura would be drawn to it. Right now it was the most he could do.

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm 

Sabin's steady pace was suddenly interrupted as he was nearing the focus of the demonic energy. The ground shook, and he stumbled, his vision pointed downwards for a moment.

An almost unnoticable drop of blood was dangling precariously on the tip of a piece of grass. The cells in the fleck of blood were alive for the moment, meaning whoever had been injured, their wound was fresh. Kneeling down, he examined it closely, " . . . not human . . ." he whispered to himself as another small tremor shook the drop apart.

The demonic aura was close now, even the earth seemed to feel it, offended by the creature's presence. Perhaps this demon would know something of Enkrath, anything to aid him in his search that had gods baffled.

Turning his attention upward he witnessed the three-headed being, perhaps a relative of Cerberus or Chimera--a pet of the gods for it bore their symbols. He could sense its power, trifling with this beast would require a prudent balance of distraction and damage.

His planning was interrupted as the wave of flames struck the forest around him . . . but not aimed at Sabin directly it seemed. Sabin lowered his hood and began to chant, carving runes and effigies of dark mana to his command, calling for the chillness of undeath to defend him from the heat.

As he finished the spell, transparent faces lurking between the darkness and light rushed to his side, whispering and wailing--changing the fire near the necromancer to an ethereal greenish-grey.

With this defense set, Sabin focused on the life-forms near him. He felt four, one from the demon and three that he did not recognize at all. Wether they were hostile toward him he would have to determine later, for now, this demon alone seemed to be the most apparent threat.

Focusing deeply now he whispered in the spidery tongue of dark magic once again, dictating to his book.

The tome of flesh screeched as it followed the commands, and opened its mouth wide. Three undead creatures crawled out of the maw, chomping and jittering--looking to Sabin for guidance.

Seeing as the three he called were present, he gave them their commands--which they were only too eager to follow. They wriggled away on all fours toward the three-headed demon, their sightless eyes sensing the life-force. Fearlessly they rushed through the spectral flames, which were harmless to the undead, and leaped at the demon, diseased mouths opened wide--their sharp teeth and claws capable of causing severe sickness.

If they succeeded in landing on the demon they were to claw it as much as they were capable for five seconds, then retreat back to their master. They would serve as the distraction.

Sabin had already begun chanting again as his creations left, preparing a very long and complicated curse.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:47 pm 

"How was this a good idea?" Keeping his head down to avoid the branches, he cursed himself for wandering headlong into the trees, not sure what it was he was looking for. Something was here, he was sure of it. Though his eyes did not reveal anything, he could tell there were...things, here. People or not, they were there and they were moving towards a similar destination.

It took him a minute to realize he was too.

"Damn, I'm lost and hungry and i have no idea what time it is. I should have brought snacks." His musings were cut short as the ground shuddered beneath him, sending him sprawling onto his back as he stepped over a fallen branch. Landing with a heavy thud, he focused his eyes and let out a surprised groan as motion overhead caught his attention. Heaving himself upwards, he clamored away as a massive branch crunched beside him.

"I hated camping when i was little and that hasn't changed!" He yelled at the trees. Brushing himself off, he paused, his breath leaving him for a moment as a strange and captivating sound whispered through the brush.

With only a little effort, he hefted the 15 foot beast-of-a-branch under one arm and carried it with him straight towards the noise and sound. As he moved ahead, more shaking could be felt and noise could be heard as well as the telltale flicker of fire could be seen ahead. Feeling his stomach sink, probably still just hungry, he glared ahead and marched on towards the unearthly commotion.

"This had better be some kids with booze and a bonfire, or things are gonna get ugly." He stifled a smile and thought about it. Crashing a party would mean food, after all.

"you say there is no originality these days?! you know, that's not very original at all!"

"enthusiasm is the key to the start of a good strong attitude. do everything with joy and sincerity and you'll never have a bad day again"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:55 pm 

At the Tavern Felicity felt uneasy but she couldn't find a reasoning behind it. She felt as if she should be somewhere and that the place she should be wasn't very far away. It made no sense to her as she spent her life wandering looking for some kind of closure that she wasn't the only one of her kind.

As her unease grew so did her impatience. She picked Barret up in her arms and stormed off out of the Tavern. She found herself in a forest only thirty minutes later. She looked around to see if she could fine anyone or anything but found nothing and yet she notice that Barret was starting to get tense.

As the ground started to shake she slipped and nearly crushed Barret with her body if she hadn't grabbed on to a tree branch with her long braid. She sighed in relief and stood up. "That was a close one huh Barret?"

She looked forward to see what she assumed where the flames of fire. She couldn't figure out why there was a fire here of all places. There hasn't been any lightning that she knew of and the fire didn't seem like a bonfire for it to be someone camping. That's when she heard that there were more sound the just the ones of the forest animals running off and the crackling of the fire.

She set Barret on the ground and ran toward the fire fast enough to get through it unharmed. Once past the the flames she saw a three headed beast but it wasn't the only thing there but it was the only thing she could make out at the moment.

"Note to self: Carry more weapons than just your hair next time you decide to go camping. Things might get messy."

She looked around and she could finally make out the other people there. Closest to the three headed beast was a man who seemed to be chanting something, another one who seemed to be doing almost the same thing and a girl. Though she sense there was someone else near by but she couldn't see anyone else there. There were also some very disturbing creatures attacking the beast.

She would give the creatures attacking a chance and then make a move. It looked like for the moment it was somewhat in control, at least that's what she thought to herself.

Kissslowly,
Laugh insanely,
Love truly, and
Forgive quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:21 pm 

"Hey, lady. It's time to wake up."

The obnoxiously gruff voice rang in Livia's ears.

Someone's hand was pushing against her side. She squirmed for several seconds and opened her now heavy eyes. She groaned and sat up straight as her vision started to put the picture before her together.

In front of her was a man who appeared to be middle aged with a full chubby structure and an odd looking bushy mustache. Livia blinked in surprise and crawled backwards a few inches.

"Oh, good. You're up," he said. He moved away from her and opened the bus doors.

"Now I can get some sleep for a few hours."

Livia sighed and got her things together before heading down the bus stairs and onto the suburban concrete.

It was kind of odd, considering she was used to the city where the lights stayed on and there was always somebody walking along the sidewalk-even throughout the hours of the long night.

What an eerie feeling! It was as if someone could be watching her from a meter away...

She shook her head decided to put her fears behind her. No, she couldn't turn back now! This wasn't some early, early morning walk when the sky had barely turned a light purple.

...Although now that she thought about it, she should have at least left a note behind. Or got some snacks.

At least she had money and her cell phone (with the charger) at full battery. Everything else she needed was packed away as if she was heading to some sort of hotel for a vacation resort.

Yeah, this wasn't so bad!

Well, she certainly was taking a vacation from home if anything, but that wasn't so bad!

Not even the fact that she had no shower, electrical outlet or a nice and comfy bed bothered her!

...Oh wait.

Where the hell was she supposed to go now?

Where was she supposed to live?

She never went outside of the city before without an escort. She didn't even know what the people were like!

And just like that, the reality of her situation caved in on her.

Man, she REALLY should have thought this one through.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:36 pm 

Darkcloud leaped back from the rushing claws that were coming at her, as she did so she used a large push of air to help her move just slightly faster. Hoping that was enough as she landed on her stomach she felt the beast's large claw scrape across her back. Letting out a cry in pain, she lost slight control over what she was going to do, around her water splashed heavily over her as droplets were whipped around heavily, and straight up from her back a medium tower of fire shot up at the monster. Letting out a grunted scream she focused what she wanted and around her a large wall of water quickly rose up and she bent it towards the head that was focused on her for that moment. Slowly she pushed herself up off the ground, panting heavily she continued to push water up at the beast. A small amount of blood could be seen dripping from the tear on her back.

She could sense others around but didn't dare look around as she new that would break her concentration, but she hoped they were here to fight this beast. She could tell that from the young man she saw earlier calling others for others. She could only hope they would be there in time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 pm 

He found the clearing where flickering flames and a giant monster were fighting a wall of water and a two chanting men. Hefting the massive branch over a clump of hard brush, he sighed heavily and noted the distinct lack of edibles.

"It figures, couldn't have been a party with food and drink. Noooo...of course not. Had to be a giant dog-thing and a wildfire." As he stepped into the large space, he blinked as he witnessed three cryptic forms scrambling towards the beast, a woman within the water, another person with a long braid, and the man chanting the song that had lured him there. "What the hell?!" He paused and gave the beast a quick look, gauging its size and strength, his gaze lingering on the talons on its feet.

"Branches don't make claw-marks." As he thought back to the photo, a diluted sense of fury and justice washed over him. It was familiar, but strangely distant, as though he was merely sampling some greater feast he was not yet privy to. His expression darkened and he lifted the piece of tree over his shoulder, walking towards the monster with no discretion.

Moving past the chanting man and ignoring the ghastly creatures, he hefted the weighty impromptu weapon and pulled back, not caring which head he pulverized, as long as it knew the vengeance whispering around his hungering heart.

"Yo, mongrel! Fetch!" And so he swung.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 pm 

(Alright lets move)

The beast swung his tail back around knocking the dead to the ground. A cruel laugh escaped his lips, "I wassss made from the god of death! Do you think sssuch thingsss will harm me?!"

Raking his claws across the dead being they fell once again lifeless.

One head was blasted by the water and it reared back in anger snapping at the fool who had attacked him.

Another head was hit by another half blood, the impromptu weapon broke on contact but it had gotten the beasts attention. The beast lashed out with his tail and claws. trying to attack everyone at once.

Aleric opened his eyes focused on the beast he began a different chant. The chant filled the beasts ears so all it could here was a buzzing. The beasts senses were not as accurate without its hearing. Not knowing where the sound was coming from the heads twisted looking for the source.

They were getting the upper hand on the beast, knowing it couldn't hold out all three heads reared back and breathed fire again. The fire closed in around the beast and disappeared. Silence fell across the woods and everyone just stood there looking at each other now.

Aleric swallowed hard and gasped a few times for air. Turning to the girl who had first come to help him, "Um.... thanks for helping..."

Aleric turned and looked at everyone else.... "Thanks to you all too..... I would not be alive without your help..... sorry but I get the impression..... that..... there is more to all of us here than meets the eye.... that beast said more like myself was coming..... I can only assume he meant one thing...... that you all are..... like me.... are..... different."

Aleric felt lame.... it was an odd question and an even more odd way to meet people. But they all had one thing in common and that was their aura. Which was the same as Aleric's. He might ave just found what he had been looking for, and the dream had said something about others right?"

~Master to Butler Vilora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 am 

Panting, Darkcloud barely slowed herself down as she fell to a sitting position. Looking up at Alric she smiled and half nodded, "Your welcome."

She felt a little confused, with everyone around her, she could sense something about them that was oddly familiar to herself, though she does not have the slightest clue as to why she was drawn to helping him. Looking around she took in the others in the clearing, she tried to imprint there faces into her minds eye, though it was getting hard because her vision kept on blurring. She slowly stood to her feet, she shook her head to as if to clear the water from her face and hair. She felt a searing pain on her back but she did not want any of these people know that she was bothered by the pain, simply because she was not sure she could trust them yet. Smiling calmly she walked over to Alric, extended her hand and introduced herself. "The name is Darkcloud. Its nice to meet you, though the circumstances could have been better."

Now that she was sure the danger was gone she felt calm and confident once again. She moved towards the nearest tree to rest against, she hoped no one had noticed the injury to her back, nor the blood she could feel dripping to the ground. After a few minutes of standing she new that she had made a mistake as it felt that the world was spinning around her. She went to shake her head once again as she tried to sit down slowly. Suddenly the world went black, and she fell to the ground with a soft thud.