All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

After letting out a massive sigh of relief he straightened his posture as though a weight was lifted off of him. He ruffled a hand through his messy hair and slid his phone into his pocket before excusing himself to get ready. He was back at the front door quickly, having put on a pair shoes, changing shirts and grabbing a jumper. He approached Casey smelling of fresh deodorant and having flattened his mop of hair.
"I'm sorry I've been so rude, my name is Samuel Ziegler. I was so worried about my sister I didn't even thank you for coming to tell me yourself, I'm sure you have other important things to do." He said with a friendly but smile but impatient mannerism. He clearly wanted to get going as soon as possible to get to his sister and closed the front door.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by CMDRTibTib on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:04 pm.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:14 pm 

Casey motioned for Samuel to follow him and says, "I hope you can sit still for a little bit." Stepping off the porch he discarded his cigarette stomping it out as he walked. The jet-bike started up and the seat extended to accommodate a second passenger. Casey mounted his ride checking his fuel level as he beckoned the young Ziegler to join him. "Don't worry it is just like riding a bike. I promise. Just try not to lean." Casey said smiling as Samuel cautiously mounted the hovering jet-bike. As Samuel secured himself Casey pulled away from from the sidewalk and into the road. Casey piloted the jet-bike gingerly mindful of his passenger routing through the most expedient roads.

"I assume that you know your sister is a super. Which means that I have to file a dossier on her among other things. I found out in a very unfortunate and painful way mind you." Casey chuckles as he starts explaining on the road to the federal building. "It is quite alright. I know she hasn't had any formal training and a lot of supers can have their powers triggered by stress. I gotta say she seems to have held up remarkably well for the ordeal she was put through. I have to say she has the makings of a very powerful super agent but that will be up to her to decide for herself." Casey finished speaking as they were pulling up to the federal building.

Casey pulled off to the side of the road and parked his jet-bike once more on the side of the road. He dismounted and started walking towards the main entrance. He pulled out his badge as he walked in through the door bypassing security. He found the elevator and rode it up to where the victims of the trafficking ring were being processed. He gave guidance to Samuel to get to his sister and continued up the elevator to the Scarlet City FSA division where his handler waited. It was approaching midnight and his handler had to fly in from the Kentucky office. As the elevator doors opened and Casey walked out he could hear a heated argument between Agent Thorne and his handler.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:30 pm 

Kira had been brought to the federal building shortly after speaking with Casey on the street. Although some of the other victims were taken to a hospital, most of them were here as well. They had all been allowed to clean up so Kira enjoyed a long, steaming hot shower and then changed into the grey sweatpants and hoodie provided in the changing room. After that she was shown the way to a sort-of waiting area or lounge that had been prepared for the new arrivals. The area was large enough that even as the other victims trickled in after cleaning up, each of them was able to find a private spot to sit. None of them felt like talking with the others so they steered clear and waited while agents came around to each of them to ask questions, etc.
Although her hair was still damp, Kira had warmed up for what seemed like the first time in ages. As she lay on a couch, watching a distant wall-mounted TV that was streaming the news, she heard loud footsteps running towards her from behind.
Samuel ran across the lounge to where Kira was, embracing her as he came to a stop. He hugged her tightly and Kira buried her face in his chest, her eyes welling up with tears. They stayed that way for a long while before either of them spoke.
"You alright?" Samuel asked, the simple question the only thing he could say with the lump in his throat. Kira nodded, and choked out a "Yes." Both of them smiled as they hugged each other tighter, both refusing to let go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:43 pm 

Casey walked into the room were agent Thorne and his handler were having a heated argument. His handler's name was John Martins and used to work for the FBI before transferring over to the FSA when it was established. Agent Thorne had in fact trained John and was trying to leverage his prior relationship to gain jurisdiction over young Kira Ziegler. She unfortunately fell into grey area where she was on one hand rescued in an FBI operation but on the other hand Casey was an FSA agent. There was also the issue that the FSA was supposed to take over operations as soon as supers are involved. The FSA was established not long after Casey had become a cyborg. It was first envisioned as a specialized agency to legally handle super criminals as well as protect supers from crime. The FSA had a cadet program for young individuals who discovered their super powers to help them become a super agent or just fit into society. "About the Ziegler girl," Casey spoke up interrupting Agent Thorne. "Her case will be will be handled by myself and my handler."

"Bu-" Thorne tried to interject.

"The FSA has clear jurisdiction Larry. She is a super and once she has recovered I will offer her a place in the Super Cadet Program and it is my discretion John. I didn't come to take a vacation to have it usurped by the FBI or the FSA. If there are any qualms from either of you. I will personally take over the FBI operation or have you John dismissed." Casey stated in a matter of fact manner. He was clearly exhausted but both of his inferiors understood that he would not budge on this issue. They both looked at each other from across the table with animosity before agreeing to Casey's terms.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:34 pm 

Light leaped out of her brother's phone and danced around Kira's vibrant blue eyes. She had commandeered his phone shortly following their initial emotional meeting in the Scarlet City federal building. The late hour and the stress of Kira's disappearance, on top of an already grueling day at work, had finally caught up with Samuel and he had conked out on the comfortable couch. Kira had already combed through several news sites and social platforms to discover that there was very little information out to the public about the incident or her kidnappers, and thankfully nothing about her outburst in the commotion. She moved on, now browsing through unrelated photos, celebrity accounts and some of her friends stories. The FBI had asked her not to communicate with anyone until the initial investigation was complete and Kira, who had not received any messages from anyone at school anyway, turned all her profiles to appear offline just to be sure.
Just as the phones battery dropped down a notch to 20%, Kira let out a long yawn and stretched her stiff legs out in front of her. She switched the phone to the selfie camera and grimaced upon seeing her recently washed, makeup-free face. She was so pale looking, and dark crescents hung under her tired eyes - of course her bright blonde hair didn't help. It was very late, in fact it was already past midnight. She had briefly fallen asleep a while ago, but after slipping into a dream which took the form of a stressful reliving of today's events, upon waking she decided to stay awake until she got home to her own bed. She shivered, despite her well heated surroundings, so she raised the hood of her plain grey hoodie which was defiantly more than one size to large for her. She continued browsing her socials but was distracted by the slowly increasing sound of her brother starting to snore. "Sam!" She said in mock anger as she playfully punched his crossed arms. He stirred and nodded before his head lulled back and almost immediately resuming his snoring. Kira shrugged, it wasn't that loud and she knew his day hadn't been easy, so she just turned back to his phone and also resumed what she had been doing.
An FBI agent had already talked to Sam earlier and had gone through some paperwork. She had said someone else would come to talk to them soon, but asked them to sit sight and get comfortable. Kira just hoped they wouldn't be waiting until dawn or something, as she had no intention of going back to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

The second lecture that day was in the afternoon and incredibly boring. There were actually students that fell asleep halfway through. The lecturer ignored this and just kept talking in a very monotonous voice. Even Kenji’s thoughts started to trail off. Just not to the happy dreamland that the other students went off to. His thoughts went to the pattern. While today was the right point on the temporal axis he still needed to figure out the coordinates. There was no actual pattern on this question, so he had to figure out the places which had the highest risk of becoming the next crime scene. Travelling in between those places was not likely to be a problem since had been in almost any spot in the area in question already. Thanks to his power he could be in any of those spots in a split second. Just choosing the right one was the problem.
Finally the lecture was over. Some of the other students, with which Kenji often had friendly talks, greeted him, and then loudly continued to discuss their party that evening. They didn’t even lose one thought to inviting Kenji as well. It wasn’t that they didn’t like him, they just didn’t think of that option. Due to his “personal troubles” he would have to decline anyway. As a matter of a fact, he never got invited to any social gatherings.
Until late that evening, Kenji went between all the spots that he could think of to be high risk. He didn’t encounter the one he was looking for. He did witness some other crimes, like robbery, attempted rape and lots of drug deals. The attempted was only because he threw stones at the culprit from all kinds of directions. The criminal didn’t even know what was happening and fled. Kenji didn’t help the confused and scared victim who also had no clue what happened, yet was very relieved as well, and quickly disappeared again. Late that night he got home. Basically he sneaked into his home. Sure, he could have used his power, but he figured getting caught coming home so late was still better than being caught using his power. He didn’t get caught doing either that evening and so he quietly went to bed. On one side relieved on the other more anxious than ever. Today he also didn’t get any closer to his solution. One thing was for sure, tomorrow the sun will rise again. Maybe covered by clouds, or smog, but it will rise nonetheless.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:23 pm 

Larry left the room to oversee the next phase of his operation leaving Casey and his handler. The two of them discussed the how to best deal with Kira for present, however they had agreed to get a couple hours sleep and allow the Ziegler's to get sleep before starting up at six in the morning. While Casey was a cyborg he still required sleep for his more human components and his handler was totally drained by his long day of work. Even the short amount of rest would be an immeasurable boon for both of them.

Casey woke immediately as his internal clock ticked over to six in the morning. He woke John before leaving the room to head for the elevator. He walked to the holding room which was now very crowded by other victims who were being steadily brought in as Agent Thorne's operation continued. Casey called for Kira and her brother to follow him. He walked to the elevator waiting for them before setting the elevator to the FSA floor. They arrived in the room where John Martins was waiting still clinging to his short rest. Casey pounded the desk with his hand waking the sleeping handler.

"Kira this is my handler. He will discuss your powers with you and take care of you until we can release you back to your lives. I want to-" Casey stopped as a bunch of donuts appeared on a plate which was on the table. Perplexed Casey turned to see Donutman walk past the room where they were. Casey was taken aback for a second recalling that at one point he heard about a some body who apparently was able to make donuts appear out of thin air. No one was really able to figure out how his powers manifested. Casey recollected himself and continued after that sudden interruption, "I would also like to invite you Kira as soon as you feel ready to the Super Cadet Program. Mr.Martins will fill you in on the details and benefits of the program. I however am on leave and I am going to have some personal time in the city over the next few days. If you need to contact me get in touch with Mr.Martins. Good bye." Casey said before leaving the Ziegler's with Mr.Martins not giving them a chance to reply to him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the early autumn sun rose on Scarlet City, most people were waking and preparing for work. The FBI never sleeps and the city and outskirts were flooded with agents going about arresting a good portion of the city council on numerous human trafficking. The many residences of the City council members were raided rescuing many more victims who had been trafficked through the same den. The second phase of the operation had been a total success due to the vast experience of Larry Thorne who had brought in agents from across the country. The FBI office was quickly flooded by the victims of the vile ring that had gripped the city. As the morning grew into the day the city government building found itself very empty of many officials. Agent Thorne was sufficiently pleased as the results of his operation came back with almost total success despite his lost of custody of the young Kira Ziegler.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 pm 

Kira woke up early the next morning after only a few hours of disrupted sleep. Her dreams were filled with sporadic recreations and exaggerations of yesterday’s trauma, each one highlighting her inability to use her powers to break everyone out. She was covered in sweat when she awoke, it soaked right through the sweatpants she hadn’t bothered removing. Untangling herself from the fluffy pink blanket wrapped around her, Kira stumbled out of bed and walked on shaky legs to the bathroom. She felt moderately more conscious after splashing her face with icy water, before stepping into the shower. She stood there for a long while as the hot water cascaded down her exhausted body.
“I’ll be fine, Sam!” Kira said, exasperatedly “It’s more important that you get to work, you know - to make money.” Her brother had waited for her to get up, seemingly intending to stay at home with her for the day to ‘mind’ her. “And anyway, the FBI said they dealt with everything - everything’s okay, really.”
He eventually agreed to go to work, clearly just to appease her, and it was only after he left that Kira started jumping at every noise or shadow. She just sighed in annoyance at herself every time, only slightly regretting convincing Sam to leave.
The full story was just beginning to break when Kira checked the news. It seemed like nearly the entire city council had been arrested on human trafficking charges, a massive operation to satisfy their perverted desires. Kira just shuddered as she thought about what might have happened if Casey Norton hadn’t rescued her. She was hit with a tinge of guilt as she was reminded of her borderline rude exchange with Mr.Martins in which she refused the gracious offer to become a hero recruit. After thinking it over she still drew the same conclusion. If the kidnapping had proven anything, it was that she wasn’t good enough to help others.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:04 am 

Kenji’s morning started like every other morning, with the feeling that he would rather not wake up. When he got downstairs, his father was about to leave for work. He left behind the breakfast table for him to clean up and of course the tv was still on as well. Kenji knew that he had to wait until his father had left the house before he could turn it off so he started cleaning up. The volume was quite loud as always and he could not avoid hearing the report that was on. He almost dropped the plate he was holding when he realised that it was about his city. Apparently, last night, the FBI had arrested a lot of people involved in human trafficking. Kenji immediately made the link with the rumour he had heard the day before about people disappearing. Chills ran down his spine at the thought that the city is now swarmed with special agents. If it was anywhere near possible, he would be even more careful now.
His mother and sister came downstairs as well to have breakfast as the door closed behind his father. So Kenji choose to just turn down the volume of the tv. He quickly ate his breakfast and prepared his own little lunch package. The comment from his sister that they should have kidnapped him just flew past him without being registered. Originally he wanted to spent some time training that afternoon, but due to the news report he decided against it. Dark clouds of worries formed in his mind as he walked towards the university that morning. Of course, as he reached the university, the topic of the human trafficking den was all around. Sure, it was great that such people got caught and that the victims got saved. Ken also thought that. He just hoped that all those special agencies would quickly lose interest in his city and go away again. On the other hand, he was sure to have taken all possible precautions and he had absolutely nothing to do with the human trafficking den, so there should be no reason for them to investigate him. Right?
All this thinking in circles had no use. He tried to put it beside him and concentrate on the upcoming lecture.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:34 pm 

Casey returned to the Black Bullet and entered one of his personal coaches a quickly undressed and showered taking care to wash all of his wounds. When he was done he examined them all thoroughly and proceeded to properly treat them over the course of an hour. He dressed himself in clean clothes and set his old clothes to be washed and patched up. He walked to the adjacent coach where his brunch waited next to a hot cup of coffee. He read the daily news on his phone which he often left with the Black Bullet. He looked out the windows of his living coach and relaxed watching the trains going by in the active rail yard.

His servant drone took his empty plate as he pulled the file he was compiling on Kenji. He reviewed all the personal information and information of the family and figured that he would swing by some of the daily activities of the families in a neat loop which would put him on Kenji's trail as Kenji was leaving his college classes. Casey stood up drank the last of his coffee and set the cup on the table. He walked outside dodged a runaway boxcar that almost hit him. As the rail yard staff passed him chasing there query Casey walked to his Jet-Bike and mounted it flying off into the city.

He arrived at Kenji's father's workplace and entered. He showed the employee at the front desk his badge and explained that he was investigating report of an undocumented super. The FSA had authorities and powers almost akin to a secret police. The war on terror was not kind to the USA as a handful of radical groups had supers and they used their powers for a number of high profile terror strikes after 9/11. Most notable being the 9/12 assassination of the first super president five years ago protesting the continued war on terror. The FSA was formed first as an agency to catalog supers and evolved into the super police they were today. Casey was the first to be hired to the FSA as a super agent and he was widely know as the first public superhero. Casey did his best not to disturb the work environment of where Kenji's father worked as he observed the workers there. Casey left an hour or so after arriving and performed similar surveillance on the rest of the family. Casey went to the park which bordered Kenji's college campus to the north and smoked a cigar watching Kenji through a window during his last lecture from a great distance. The large windows made watching the entire lecture easy for Casey to do with his ability to zoom in with his cybernetic eye. As the lecture was wrapping up it began to snow a little bit and Casey activated his coat's heater.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:12 pm 

Dominic wakes up this morning and follows his daily routine turning on his computer, and checking news websites and some deep web forums that talk about hunting supers, and also super people plotting crimes. After checking and catching up with events that happened while he was sleeping he brushes his teeth, and gets the morning meal ready, He would eat his breakfast as he enters his workshop and runs diagnostics on his Nanite Armor and checking on repairs due to damage from his last encounter. after confirming that the suit is good to go, he continues watching news and monitoring the forums looking for his next target.

Dominic Mainly targets bad seeds and supers that use their powers to break the law, but he holds anger and resentment for all supers, After his wife and children where murdered by a super about 3 years ago, the main suspect still not found by police. He in fact was not always been sour towards supers as his wife was super herself, and though the son being 5 years old and has not shown powers yet he was hopeful. Now all he has of them is pictures and fading memories, also a small problem with alcohol, But he made a promise to his wife at her final resting spot that he would not spot until he found the person responsible and kill him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 pm 

As the hours passed Kira had become increasingly restless at home, so she called her brother and convinced him to meet her in the city during his lunch break. So at around half-past twelve, Kira walked to the nearby train station and headed into the city centre. After a quick train ride she met her brother and they got some lunch at Kira’s favourite fast food place, followed by a stroll through one of Scarlet City’s main shopping streets. Her brother spoiled her a bit and by the time he needed to return to work she was holding a large bag full of clothes. Even then he promised to get her a new phone at the weekend, as hers had been smashed by the kidnappers to prevent tracking.
Saying goodbye to Sam, Kira started heading back towards the train station. As she walked past one of the lovely parks in the city, this one bordering a university campus, it began to lightly snow. She shivered as delicate snowflakes landed on her face and almost matching hair. She continued into the park, not really caring if she would have to catch a later train. She enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the park, daydreaming and enjoying the peace and quiet of the nearly deserted area - she guessed most university students were still in class.
As she came to the park exit she was ripped out of her thoughts by the sight of three police cars in the street beyond, officers standing around them with weapons drawn. A second later gunshots started going off but for some reason Kira kept walking towards the scene, albeit hesitantly. Suddenly one of the cars was hit by something and combusted with a roaring blast, sending officers flying to the ground and creating an expanding field of smoke. Another car was hit, then the last which didn’t catch flame but instead just crumpled and skidded along the floor, it's windows smashed out. Kira still couldn’t see what was hitting them as the area was now obscured by smoke and flames.
A man strolled out from behind the totaled police cars, walking straight through smoke and flames towards the only remaining officer. He wore some kind of green jumpsuit, covered in armoured pads and wore military boots. The lower Half of his face was covered by a black mask that resembled a skull’s teeth. The policeman fired his pistol three times, each shot hurting Kira’s head but doing nothing to the slowly approaching man.
“I won’t lie, this is going to hurt - a lot.” He said, voice muffled by his mask. He punched the officer, the impact making an audible crunch, his arm piercing through the man entirely. Kira screamed, covering her mouth to stop herself but it was too late. The villain snapped his head to her, his eyes lighting up sadistically.
“What’ve we got here, shouldn’t you be in school little girl?”
Kira dropped her shopping bag, trembling. As she looked around she discovered she was the only one left on the street - it looked like everyone else had been smart and run. She instantly regretted being stupid enough to not just stay put at home. He walked towards her, rotating his shoulder as though warming up. As he got to about five metres away Kira suddenly realised she hadn’t moved. Shouldn’t fight or flight have kicked in by now? Kira thought, still motionless. She clearly hadn’t run, then it dawned on her. Oh, I guess this is ‘fight’ then.
She raised her right hand, channeling a blast though it and let loose towards the villain. He was mid stride and was knocked over. He stood up, a look of surprise evident through his exposed features. He started towards her again, so she fired off another blast from her right arm, doing her best to aim her power despite the pain it caused. Again he stumbled.
“So you’re powered, huh?” He said before getting back up. “I guess you’ll do until a real hero arrives.” He said, seemingly waiting for a hero to arrive and face off as though he had started a rampage just for the sake of it, or perhaps purely to satisfy a sadistic desire for destruction. She hit him with her most controlled blast repeatedly, it still unpredictably shot off at odd angles, some hitting him square on and others barely connecting. Kira’s arm was really beginning to hurt as she backed up, firing blasts off again and again, but seemingly having no effect. She eventually stopped, breathing heavy, no longer able to keep up the rate of fire which left her right sleeve burnt and the arm damaged. She had never used her powers this much in one go, and concentrating on controlling so many blasts took its toll on her entire body.
“Don’t be stupid, little girl,” He spat, “Part of my power is energy absorption, you can’t hurt me!”
Kira panted heavily, her bent-over body racked with pain. Her right arm felt like it was on fire; there were burns up and down it caused by the recoil from her discharges.
“Energy absorption huh?” Kira said, just loudly enough for the villain to hear across the street. “You said energy absorption, not nullification, so I’m gonna bet you have a limit.”
“What are you talking about you stupid little- “
Kira stood up, snapping her head to face the villain, her eyes boring into his. There were tears of pain in them, but behind them there was a bright orange fire in her normally light blue eyes.
“Let’s find that limit!” She shouted, focusing everything on channeling her power into her right arm, ignoring the intense pain as she tensed it in preparation.
“Not a chance!” He retorted, charging towards her. Kira punched her arm towards him before releasing a discharge. The barely aimed, screaming explosion slammed into him, sending him skidding back a few metres. The villain laughed sardonically.
“Yeah, that’s what I thought. Just some weak little g- “ He was cut off by another blast, this time from Kira’s left arm, this explosion burning up her sleeve. This time his stance was wide with his knees bent, ready for the blast, and he barely moved as it hit him. Kira’s legs shook and wobbled, two more powerful discharges leaving her weak and lightheaded. She fell to her knees, her head bowed in defeat.
“Looks like you’re out of gas! So much for finding my limit, because it looks like you’ve reached yours first!” He said, cruelly. “Now. It’s time to finish this.” He slowly walked towards Kira, cracking his knuckles. “After all that energy you threw at me, I think one punch will be enough to break every bone in your weak little body…”
Tears fell down Kira’s face, dripping onto the tarmac. ****, ****, ****, ****, why am I so weak she thought, knowing this guy would be free to kill anyone else he found after dispatching her.
“If it makes you feel any better, I’ve fought pro heroes that didn’t put up as good a fight as you. Who knows, you might even make the front page after a show like this - at least you’ll die a little famous!” He said, laughing as he stopped above her.
Pro Heroes, Kira thought. They’re strong. They always fight evil. They never give up - especially to scumbags like this!
Kira slowly rose, her knees shaking, and wiped her tears away with her hurt right arm. She looked at him and a thin trickle of blood from his nose caught her eye. Maybe she had come close to his limit.
“What are you doing little girl? You’ve already given me one hundred percent of your power!”
“Well then,” Kira said, eyes burning with contained power. “It looks like,” Her skin began to glow as well, first faintly, then blindingly, crisscrossed by blue veins of energy, “I’LL HAVE TO GO BEYOND ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!”
Kira released a massive discharge, easily the most powerful she had ever created. She didn’t bother to aim it through a single limb, instead letting it blast outwards in all directions. The villain’s shocked expression turned to that of pain as the sheer amount of energy she discharged battered him, her blast still continuing to emanate in waves from her. His eyes widened, he couldn’t breath. His clothes caught fire, incinerating, then his hair, and with a final surge from Kira even his skin began to blacken. She screamed as she unleashed the last of her blast, tears formed in her eyes but evaporated as soon as they rolled onto her cheeks. The villain was caught by the final surge, flung across the street and into a wall, cracking the brick and slumping to the ground, broken.
I did it. Then Kira fell to the ground as well, as soon as her discharge subsided. She instantly lost consciousness, falling onto a patch of ground that was completely scorched by her torrent of explosive energy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:57 pm 

Kenji’s father was an office worker, not in a very high position. He had worked in that office for years now. He didn’t like his job and thought that he was being underestimated by his boss. He also didn’t really like his coworkers, because he thought that they were not working hard and getting privileges based on sucking up to the bosses. But for the sake of working together he cracked some jokes which were always hiding some stabs in the back, he really thought that those were funny. He liked telling his coworkers and sometimes his boss, how to do their work. Nobody told him when the agent walked around the building and he didn’t notice either. Someone thought it would be good to organise his memo’s, now he couldn’t find the one he was looking for. Stupid idiots.

Kenji’s mother worked as a cleaning lady for private people, for three days a week, half a day. Since her husband didn’t make a lot of money, this is how she earned the holiday budget for the two of them. She tried her best to do good work and to stay on the good side of her employers. Careful to not say too much or to be too honest, she always listened to all of their worries. She got payed by hour anyway.

Kenji somehow managed to concentrate on his lecture. It was about to end and his fellow students were already discussing whether they would have enough time to buy lunch and go eat it in the park to enjoy the weather and still make it to the next lecture. Kenji had his own lunch with him and the next lecture for him would be in a few hours. Still, he didn’t want to go to the park, he was not much of an outside person.
A loud bang ripped everyone out of their thoughts. Everyone flew to the windows, which provided a nice view of the park. Yet, the reason for the big smoke cloud was obscured by the various trees that were planted everywhere to provide enough spots in the shade for everyone. The dark black colour of the smoke told everyone that at least a serious accident had happened. Another loud bang sounded like a car crash straight out of a movie. Some students were filming the smoke with their phones. The professor was the only one that called the emergency number and tried to move the students away from the windows afterwards. A high pitched scream and several smaller bangs were more difficult to hear because they were inside and everyone was talking.
Kenji wanted to go and see if he could help. However, his mind took over and he reasoned that this would attract unwanted attention. So he stood there amongst his fellow students looking at the black cloud of smoke that was rising beyond the trees. His biggest fear was that the world would find out about his power and label him as a villain and hunt him down. That was why he swore to himself that he would only use them to clear his name, even when nobody knew that he was meant.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:02 pm 

Casey was shook to attention as the first blast rang out across the city. His more acute sensors activated as he stood up and took off running towards the blast. As he closed in the blasts' energy signatures began to match Kira's powers and Casey's heart sank as he approached and heard her scream. Casey watched the villain go flying as a final blast sent him into a concrete. Casey immediately recognized him as one of the villains that had often been able to escape him. His specialize pistols were useless against him and he was able to hold his own in a fist fight. Casey ran over to examine what looked like his body and he seemed dead according to his scanners. Casey returned to Kira and began treating her wounds with what he had on hand. Thankfully one of the cop cars had a first aid kit in it. FBI agents began rushing on the streets as the area became crowded by first responders.

Agent Thorne ran into the hellscape with an old german assault rifle in his arms. He hadn't seen destruction like this for more than seventy years. He saw the villain on the ground being put in a body bag and turned to Casey treating the young Ziegler girl. He was once more upset as he would lose jurisdiction again to the FSA and Casey's Handler this time arrived on scene as this realization rose over him. He went over to where Casey knelt before young Kira and spoke out of anger, "What is it with you two always at the center of it."

Casey finished and stood up to respond, "You dragged me into it the first time and she was kidnapped. Now just because I was enjoying a nice day in the park I am at the center of everything. I only got here at the end of the fight Thorne, hopefully Garrison is dead. I have tangled with him before and he had bested me once. He always seems to get up and walk away though." As Casey said this they heard a scream of an EMT and the crunch of metal. Casey took off running towards it followed closely by Thorne. As they got to the ambulance where they had him restrained. An EMT lay decapitated and they knew they couldn't waste time. Casey tracked Garrison with his scanners and was followed by Agent Thorne. Casey thought as he ran that he wouldn't let Garrison wouldn't escape again. Casey was struck across the head and Agent Thorne fired into the darkness of the alley they had chased him down.

Agent Thorne helped Casey up as they continued the pursuit following a fresh trail of blood. They saw him run out into a crowded street and they followed. Casey was still dizzy from his blow to the head. Casey reached the end of the alley and the trail went cold as he summoned his Jet-bike. Mounting it he flew into the sky hoping to see a sign of Garrison but there was not a hint of him. Casey flew around a couple nearby blocks but still couldn't find him. Giving up for today he flew down to pick up Agent Thorne and went back to the town center. Dismounting the Jet-bike he fell to the ground succumbing to his concussion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:09 pm 

Kira fell to the scorched ground, hitting her head and losing consciousness. She woke up and, after struggling to open her eyes, saw Casey over her. Before she could even think about why he was there, or what was happening, her eyes rolled and she fell back into unconsciousness.

When her eyes fluttered open again she was in hospital. She winced as she slowly became aware of the immense pain pulsing through her body. Everywhere hurt, her head and arms most of all. Everything burned and throbbed, she had exerted a way larger blast than she could safely control. Overcome by the wave of agony, her eyes rolled and she almost fainted. She heard a door open and soon a strong painkiller coursed through her, dulling the agony enough to where it was just a dull discomfort. Her head still ached like a migraine, and she let out a small sob as the nurse attending her helped her sit up.
Kira’s arms were bandaged, the skin was burned. Some kind of gel combated the hot pain with a cool sensation, but everytime she moved her short sleeve hospital robe uncomfortably shifted along the burns. A bad cut from when she fell to the ground had been stitched, but there was still dried blood running through her platinum hair and onto her face.

The nurse brought Kira some water which she sipped through a straw. She licked her split lips in an attempt to moisturize them. Her face was hot as well, mildy scorched like sunburn.
The nurse explained that she would be alright, the worst of the injuries was the cut on her head and a cracked rib which Kira thankfully couldn’t feel thanks to the painkiller and staying still on the bed. Kira supposed she looked a mess - bloody, burned and half out of it due to the meds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:03 am 

Some students really wanted to go look at the scene of the explosion. Most of them were stopped by the professors and the underestimated security guards of the university. They usually didn’t do much but now they could should their merit. Some still managed to slip through and crossed the park. Only to be stopped by police barriers. The lecture didn’t continue and the whole university was buzzing with rumours. Soon the most popular rumour was a terroristic attack. Although the scene of the explosion was just a regular spot without any attraction for terrorists. For example, that spot was not exceptionally busy, nor was there a precious landmark or politically important place nearby. But then again, what did students know about the world around them? The sirens of the emergency services become more and louder. Within half an hour it became clear that no more lectures would take place that day and the corresponding message came through the old speakers soon enough.
Those students that felt that the distance of one park was enough to not feel concerned, were already planning what to do with the new won free time. Shopping, partying, catching up on their favourite tv show, gaming or just being lazy somewhere. Very few study groups headed towards the library, only to be disappointed at the volume of the noise surrounding them. Some were really shocked at the fact that there was an explosion so close to the safe environment of their university. Those were quickly selected by the counsellors and the two nurses and taken apart for talking. The staff of the university was handling the situation quite well and no general panic or protest broke out. Students that wanted to leave, were guided to the exit that was the farthest away from the park and advised to not go there. By now most of them and even the staff were convinced that this was the work of a terrorist.
Kenji was, at first, indecisive of what he would do. He would definitely not go near the scene of the explosion. Going to study in the library would also not be an option since the students there were also loudly discussing what happened. Maybe he would go home? But that also didn’t have any merit. In the end he decided that it was safe to practise his abilities a bit. Any agent in the city would probably be concerned with the incident, especially if it really was a terror act. Although unlikely, it could not be completely excluded either. So he left the building through the advised exit and choose a path that seemed to lead him home in a roundabout way. At a point, where he thought to be far enough away from everything, he slipped into an alleyway. After making sure he was alone and unnoticed, he let himself fall back into the shadow behind him. At the same time he stepped out of the shadow in an empty building at the other end of the city. Kenji checked if there was really nobody around and for the next few hours he practised his abilities while always being on his toes in case someone would come.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:03 pm 

After completing the diagnostics, the emergency broadcast from the local news station he had been playing on TV caught his attention. He would quickly unhook his testing equipment, and get his Nanite suit on and powered up. He would leave his home through the back door, and would make his way to the seen of the action through ally ways and roof tops of buildings to keep from the agents from spotting him as well as any local law enforcement personal. When he got the closest he could safely get do to road blockages and frequent patrols. He would use the visors zoom function and would look for any chem trails that his sensors could identify as bomb residue or any low back round energy that could of indicated a powered person was involved, as he is looking around unaware of his current roof top surrounds he accidentally hits a small pipe by his foot and kicks it off the roof to the street below making quite the sound. Realizing what he just did he would back out of zoom and try to make his way off the roof, and attempt to make a get away from the nearby agents.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:58 pm 

Casey woke slowly in a hospital it was hardly long after the fight and flight with Garrison. He looked to his handler who was already filling out paper work. He handed some of it to Casey who very quickly started to fill it out while discussing the incident with his handler. While he was filling out the paperwork he restarted his searching algorithm to find Kenji and Garrison. The amount of paper could take days for most supers to fill out but not Casey as he had learned all the short cuts very early in his time as an FSA agent. He finished in about half an hour handing the paperwork to his handler who would put down the finishing touches. Casey stood up with permission of the nurse as they disconnected the medical instruments from his body. He walked around the room doing tests to see if he could be released with a physical profile and medication. The doctor returned to release him on the condition that he wouldn't perform any strenuous. He quickly got changed in the bathroom back into his attire and walked to Kira's room and found that she was yet unconscious and returned to his handler. Casey instructed his handler to talk to Kira again when she was awake about becoming a cadet. The searching algorithm gave him a ping on both Kenji and Garrison on separate sides of town. Kenji entering an alleyway and Garrison heading to the other end of town. Casey called agent Thorne, "I just got a lead on Garrison. I will need help apprehending him."

Agent Thorne replied still at the scene of the battle, "alright. I will b- OW! WHAT THE ****?!?" Agent Thorne turned to see the small pipe land next to him after hitting him on the head. He looked up at the building when he heard Casey ask if he was alright. "Yeah I am fine I think a pipe just fell might have been knocked off a roof by a bird or something. As I was saying I will start heading to the address." Agent Thorne hung up the phone and looked at the pipe for a moment before informing the other agents that he will be following Casey's lead on Garrison.

Garrison had crossed most of town on foot. He was now in an alleyway changing his clothes to be more inconspicuous as he was making his way to one of his safe houses that he hadn't used in months. It was an empty building on the edge of the city he had a locked closet full of supplies he could use to patch himself up. His bullet wound from Thorne's assault rifle was still burning in his side but he had stopped the bleeding. His powers of energy absorption fed into a minor healing factor which was way he was able to get up and run after being discharged against so much. He began walking out of the alley he was in when a cop car passed slowly and he ducked behind a dumpster being missed by the cop car. As it passed him going the opposite direction he left the alleyway and continued on his path to the safe house that he was drawing near to. He walked up the the empty building's door and opened it with the key which he had imprinted years ago. He entered almost silently and locked the door behind him. He quietly walked up some stairs and on the floor where his supply room was he stopped and saw there was a dark haired college aged individual facing away from him discharging some kind of black energy or something from his hands clearly practicing. He shouted smiling, "Well, well, well. What do I have here. A little boy trying to get better at killing?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour or so after Casey left his handler walked into the room where Kira was quietly to see if she was awake. She was and the nurse had said she would be alright but she looked truly in bad shape. "I have called your brother, he should be here fairly soon. Casey told me to check on you and so here I am. He isn't here though he is out on a another mission." He said looking at the young girl wondering how she did it. Her powers were totally ill suited to deal with Garrison but she had done well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:55 pm 

Surprised by the appearance of Casey’s handler, Kira suddenly remembered her brief moment of consciousness in which she glimpsed Casey. She briefly wondered if he had defeated the villain she tried to stop. Her musing was interrupted as soon as the nurse left and the handler spoke. At the mention of her brother Kira was struck by a wave of guilt. He had already been worried sick about her, now this. She instantly felt terrible about it. The last thing she should have done was to literally risk her life straight away after the kidnapping ordeal.
“Thanks.” She finally said weakly after the handler finished speaking. Despite feeling guilty about causing her brother so much worry she was curious about the fate of the villain.
“Did Casey get him? Did I manage to distract him long enough for someone to show up who could actually take him out? I can’t remember anything after I fell, the nurse told me I’m concussed.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next