All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Maddoxs watches as Casey and mongeral walks away and grumbles to himself in discontent.
"now trot off and get me that lizard, god now he wants me as his own personal servant..." Maddox gets his helmet back on and Runs in the direction the lizard ran off in... "Jack do you have any traces or anything tracible we can follow?" "Scanning.... trace amount of DNA at end of ally way, trail ends...." "GREAT, now that we are deputized see if we have some type of satellites in orbit or something that we can get a layout of the city...""Connecting to FSA servers...."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:23 pm 

Casey is notified of continued pestering of FSA servers committed by Maddox. Casey sighs and mentally composes a text message to Maddox, "Stop trying to access FSA servers. We don't have satellites and our servers don't hold city plans. You can find a map of the city sewers at the Scarlet City official website. You will get access to FSA servers later but I activate one of my sensor scout drones to help you out. His name is Fred and he should be there in about ten minutes. Bring Fred back to me in one piece, okay. Before I forget I will send you file on my encounter with Martin Zucker you may find your current query to be similar my encounter. Casey makes sure to send the file directly to Maddox in PDF format before becoming present in the conversation at the table.

Casey noticed Kira disturbed face guessed her thoughts in the context of the incident of the evening and tried to address them. "Don't worry about taking down aberrations and don't compare yourself to other agents. We are all different and you will be matched to situations that you are suited for. There is an agent that specializes in dealing with aberrations such as that lizard monster although I haven't heard from him in a long while. He had a mission in the cascade mountains right, Karina?" Casey looks at Karina and she nods to him saying, "yeah I think so, but I deliberately avoid keeping tabs on him. I want nothing to do with him." Casey continues with a hint of amusement, "Right because he is the only man who can get away with acting how he does around you and still live. Karina shot Casey an angry annoyed look and he immediately dropped the subject, "like I was saying match ups like what happened with Garrison and you Kira won't happen normally. He seemed to be almost a perfect counter to your abilities. Your abilities aren't the sole reason we wanted to recruit you though. They are how we found you but there is more to you than explosions. You showed amazing courage and a willingness to push yourself all the way to the edge. Few people have those two characteristics together and fewer still are supers with useful powers. I keep rambling but my point is don't compare yourself other people, as long as you are better than you were yesterday then you will do fine."

Last edited by Zapy97 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:25 pm 

Dominic goes onto the public website to bring up the city sewer layout map. “Jack, please, bring up likely routes while we wait for this drone that Casey is sending.” “Yes, sir. Calculating all possible routes.”
Dominic’s hud lights up with 4 or 5 possible routes including one that enters the sewer system. “Please plot a route to the most likely route, and we will go from there.”
“Yes, sir, plotting…”

Before long a drone arrives at the scene approaching Maddox. The drone greets Maddox with a robotic text to speech voice ripped from an open source website, “Ah Dominic the deputy murderer. Let’s cut to the chase, Master Norton needs you because he can only be in one place at a time. Pretty mediocre agent in my opinion but what do I know? I just compile infinite amounts of data and look for patterns to follow. Like that trail of slimy blood that you have been standing in because you didn’t install an ultraviolet light on your suit?” A pair of lights on the underbody of Fred shine with each syllable spoken by the drone. Fred illuminates Maddox with a UV light revealing a consistent trail of blood that had been missed by everyone before.

“Well hello to you too.” Maddox says before looking down to see the trail of blood.
“Jack, add UV sensors to the shopping list.” “yes sir.” “So si-”
Fred interjects before Maddox gets started talking again, “Yes, sir? Seriously? What does it take to program some personality into your AI? To answer what you were going to ask. Follow the blood, kill the aberration and arrive at six o’clock sharp in Casey’s office.” Fred turns toward the entrance of the sewer with the UV light showing the path that the lizard monster had taken.

“My orders are to bring in the aberration alive but I do appreciate you having the same view as I do.” Jack interrupts and goes onto the suit’s mic. “I may be lacking in personality but atleast i have connectivity, outside of radio waves.”

Fred snaps back at Jack talking out of turn, seeming mildly annoyed, at the AI with the inferiority complex. “OH, the sacrifices I must endure for the security of the world. Could the talking boilerplate shut up while I talk to the unintelligence? We don’t have all night to catch the lizard and I am incapable of entering the sewer with the manhole cover in the way.”

Dominic follows Fred to the sewer entrance and lifts the manhole cover up allowing entrance for himself and the moody drone. “Diagnostics complete, faults with the taser system corrected. Warning: fuel at 45% left side fuel cell leak detected.”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:40 pm 

Kira blushed in response to Casey’s kind words, and her face lit up with a shy smile. The generous compliments clearly caught the teenage girl by surprise, interrupting her self-doubting and dark thoughts with something brighter, like the sun breaking through storm clouds. To Casey and Karina, it became clear that the girl wasn’t used to being complimented, or perhaps treated this kindly at all, by anyone other than her loving older brother who sat with a proud grin on his face as Kira dipped her head to hide colouring cheeks.
“Thanks!” Kira sincerely thanked Casey, his words meant more to her than he could imagine. A warm and fuzzy feeling settled itself in Kira’s heart, banishing the self-doubts and uncertainty that plagued her only moments before - at least for now. “And I will try to be…”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:54 pm 

"And that will be all you need to do." Casey and Karina smile seeing the positive effect his words had on Kira. Shortly after they finish their dinner with a few more words about the program. Casey also makes a point about needing Kira to come to his office the next day in the afternoon to issue her some gear appropriate for the Super Cadet Program. He makes sure to pay for the meal waiting for the Zieglers to leave before leaving the restaurant with Karina not long after and retiring to the Black Bullet for the night. Before going to sleep Casey checks Fred's feed and sees that he had just entered the sewers with Maddox following the trail aberration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7