All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magical working title
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:27 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

(Read OOC here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53409)

Another day, another … nothing really. Makoto sighed as he walked past the school gates of school X. It was better to not expect anything of the day. It will be the same as always. Boring classes, people laughing at him behind his back, maybe someone will try to make him trip, everyone having the same boring conversations every day. Makoto always walks around with a slightly downcast gaze, upright enough to at least feign confidence, but not too much. A day were he would not be bothered by anyone would be a good day. Who knows, maybe today is the day that someone would honestly and with friendly intentions start a conversation with him? ... Yeah right... The only ones that would pull an act like that are those that hope to make fun of him. He takes a deep breath. No, today he would not let himself be made fun of. As he entered the school building there are still a few minutes before class. Now, where does he need to go again? Makoto rummaged in his bag for his class schedule where the classrooms are noted in.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Of course Nicolas was home! Why not? Darcy had spent the better part of the morning at the mercy of his older brother’s teasing remarks, and snide comments. Nothing was safe from him! Darcy had come close to cussing his brother out, his dad already having left for the day, and their mom too busy dealing with the toddlers she was to be watching for the day, but he hadn’t. Instead, he had grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder, and slammed the door shut on his way out.

Storming his way down the driveway, Darcy had had the whole walk to school to compose himself. Swiping a few loose strands of hair back in place, Darcy straightened his tie, unbuttoned the rest of his jacket, and put on his usual smirk. As soon as he walked through the gates, his crew found him. Without having to say anything, they fell into position behind him. Slipping one hand under the strap of his bag, Darcy handed it to the taller guy on his right, not even bothering to look back at him.

Entering the building, Darcy kept his gaze forward, expecting people to move out of his way without him having to tell them too. It was his reputation, one he had worked hard at making. One did not get in the way of Darcy Addington unless they were looking for trouble.

As he made his way to class, Darcy found his path blocked by another student rummaged through their bag. Stopping, he crossed his arms, raising a brow as he regarded them for a moment, clearing his throat not long after to draw their attention to the current predicament.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:57 pm 

"Bye Ryan! Bye Sam!" Charlie called from the top of the limo. It was tradition for her to send her sisters off while she stood in the seat, her entire upper half sticking out of the limo's ceiling window. Ryan, Charlie's older sister, waved as the driver left the drop off area of School Z, while Sam merely rolled her eyes. As her driver made his way towards Charlie's drop off, she checked her designer bag to be sure she had all the necessities, and fixed her wind blown hair. It simply would not do for Charlie to be unprepared, or to arrive disheveled!

"Thanks, Jack." Charlie smiled at the driver as he opened the door for her and she, properly, slid out. It was something her mother had taught her to do, especially when one was wearing a skirt. She waved to the man and he nodded in return as Charlie was greeted by her friends. They spoke of their weekend and complained of having to be up early. Charlie simply listened to their complaints. She didn't understand it, she enjoyed going to school. Oh well, it wasn't for everyone.

"Are you going to run for student body president this year?" A beautifully dark girl with gorgeous curly hair asked Charlie.

"Oh, probably not." Charlie replied as she stopped by her locker, the girl leaning on the locker to her right. "I didn't win last year, but I really enjoyed being secretary. I think I'll just run for the position again this year. Hopefully no one runs against me." Charlie began unpacking her bag into her locker. "You should try, Lesia! You'd be great! You're such a type A." Lesia laughed before asking Charlie about her weekend. The two bantered back and forth as they went from Charlie's locker to Lesia's.

The clearing of a throat caught both Lesia and Charlie's attention from where they stood at Lesia's locker. Their eyes fell upon a confident red head and a downcast brunette. "Darcy..." Lesia practically growled as she shoved her books into her locker. Charlie winced. An unhappy Lesia in the morning meant a grumbling Lesia at lunch. Although Darcy and Lesia had been together a year before she had met Lesia, Charlie had heard all about the awful breakup and a week didn't go by that Lesia didn't complain about the boy. Charlie thought, secretly and would never say so out loud, that Lesia wasn't over him.

Charlie said goodbye to her friend before approaching the two with caution, although ignoring Darcy. "Hi!" She flashed a winning smile to the dark haired boy. "Do you need help finding your classes?" Charlie asked while noting the schedule in the boy's hand. She eyed Darcy with a furrowed brow, her smile dimming just slightly. While she had never formally met Darcy, Charlie had heard of him and, out of loyalty to her friend, never made it a point to introduce herself. Still, she very much had a preconceived notion of him. Charlie stepped closer to the lockers and encouraged the dark headed boy to follow her, effectively getting out of Darcy's way if he did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:44 pm 

Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

As per usual, Sen arrived at the school early, before any of the other students arrived. She sat in a chair in the student council room, reading through a stack of papers. It was clear that she was lost in her reading until the sounds of student's voices and footsteps broke her concentration. She glanced up from the paper she was currently read to the clock. "I guess I'd better get ready for class," she spoke to no one in particular as she put the paper down, stood up, and began to stretch her somewhat stiff muscles.

She rubbed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling a small headache coming on, but no willing to allow it to ruin her day. There were too many things she needed to do today, not least of which involved working after school. If she let a little headache bring her down this early, she would never make it through the day. "Right!" she tried to motivate herself, grabbing her bag and tossing it over her shoulder as she slid the door open to find someone standing only inches from her face.

"Eeeaahhhh," she made an unusual, surprised noise, slinking back away from the door until she realized who it was and then the surprise was quickly replaced by something between boredom and annoyance. "Really, Hoji? Must you do that to me on a daily basis? Actually, is it really necessary for you to ever do it?" she asked, placing a hand on her hip, a questioning look on her face. "Well, if your reaction wasn't so funny every single time, I might stop," he grinned and she rolled her eyes, pushing past him. "Honestly. I need some less annoying friends," she huffed, walking down the hallway with the dark-haired boy next to her. "Ouch. That's cold, Madam President," he shot back, sounding wounded, but she knew he wasn't, because somehow he always took her comments in stride, knowing she didn't actually mean them.

As they walked by the 10th grade room she stopped, taking a few steps back and peering into the room where two boys were huddled over a magazine. She narrowed her eyes and strode into the room, snatching the magazine from the hands of the one holding it. "Hey!" he exclaimed before slinking back a little when he realized who it was. "This is contraband. And now it is confiscated," she shut the magazine and waved it for emphasis. "Oh, come on! Just... I'll put it away if you give it back! I promise!" the other boy tried to bargain with her but it was no use. "Nope. Confiscated. How about finding something less trashy to read at school?" she suggested, handing the book to Hoji, who sat on the student council with her, before crossing her arms. The boy looked ready to argue but thought better of it and simply nodded in defeat. "Good. If you want it back--not that you need to be looking at this at home either--then come by the student council room after class," she sighed lightly, waving off their thanks and walking off.

Hoji chuckled as they walked towards their own class. "You really need to cut people some slack every now and then. It isn't like they were hurting anyone," he suggested. "That was me cutting them slack. I could have confiscated it permanently," she pointed out. "Anyways. Rules exist for a reason. If I let them get away with things like this today then tomorrow it'll be something else and it will never stop," she explained. "Maybe, or maybe not. You never know," he replied and the conversation dropped.

"Earrings out, Jiro," she reminded one of her classmates as she walked into the class room. "Right," he removed them, knowing better than to argue with her. She gave him a nod of approval before taking her seat at the front near the window. She wondered briefly if Hoji was right and if she might be more popular if she listened to him, but she quickly dismissed the thought. She was who she was and she worked hard for this school, for her classmates. She might be a little rough around the edges sometimes, but for all her nagging, she cared about all of them. They would see that someday, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:45 am 

In all honesty, Makoto didn’t realize what was going on until the girl started talking to him. The hallway was wide enough for everyone to could have walked passed him without being bothered. Still, he found that there are apparently people that decided to make a commotion just at the place where he happened to have stopped for a second. He glanced at the people around him for a second before making conclusions. The girl that talked to him looked quite pretty, one of those natural popular ones. The sort that is kind to everyone but doesn’t actually seek out people to be kind to, so she probably really thought that he needed help finding his classroom. The other girl looked like the same type but a bit more selfish or ****ing, the sort that wouldn’t ask someone like Makoto if he needed help, but also wouldn’t bother him unnecessarily. So, he quickly concluded that the two girls wouldn’t try bully him, but the guys were a different matter. Makoto had seen the head of the bunch prowling around a few times already. Someone he would rather avoid, someone that openly looks for trouble. In other words the end conclusion was pretty simple, it was best to just get away.
“No thanks, I am fine,” Makoto said softly while avoiding eye contact. Luckily, he didn’t have to walk around the bunch in order to get away in the direction to his classroom. Not waiting for a reply, he turned around and headed for the stairs. His first class was biology on the second floor.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 pm 

"Bye Ryan! Bye Sam!"

The two turned towards the source of the noise, both sets of eyes, one brown and one blue, falling upon their sister as she waved from the moon roof the limo they had both exited. Ryan, the older of the two and the only blonde child, shifted her bag and waved to Charlie with a smile. Sam, Charlie's twin, merely rolled her eyes and turned away, leaving Ryan to play catch up.

The pair walked together, Ryan smiling shyly and Sam not smiling at all, until they parted ways. Each going to their own lockers. "Hey, Ry." A tall boy stood just beside her locker. Ryan acknowledged him with a smile and quiet, but friendly "Hi." While slipping the bag from her shoulder. The boy shifted so he was facing her, his left shoulder against the lockers and his hands in his pockets. "Wanna go to the movies with me this weekend?" She looked to the boy as he flashed her a smile, but she only shook her head. "I'm sorry, Gino, but I've got to study for my AP classes."

"Samantha." Sam winced at the use of her full name, but plastered a smile on as she turned to face the teacher who had called to her over the dull roar of the crowded hallway. She answered his generic questions with generic answers. Her eyes wondered and spotted Sen and, of course, Hoji. "Great convo, Mr. H, but I gotta get to class." The man's brow furrowed and he gave a not so quiet harrumph, before dismissing Sam with a wave of the hand. That was all it took for her to lose her friends.

Sam sauntered into the classroom, her designer bag thrown over her shoulder. "What you manage to confiscate today?" Sam asked while plucking up the magazine from Hoji's desk. "Who brings this kind of thing to class?" Sam laughed and handed the thing back to Hoji before taking a seat behind Sen. Sam slung her bag over the back of her chair.

"Hey, daydreamer." Sam refrained from kicking one of the legs of Sen's chair. "You wanna come over sometime this week?" She slouched over her desk, her head supported by an upright arm while she bit at her nails. Her hair was in a loose braid down her back. A few tendrils framed her face. "Nana was asking about you." Sam spoke over fingers, mentioning their elderly caretaker. "And I'm sure Charlie would love to compare school policies, or whatever it is you council kids talk about." Sam said with wave, but smile to take whatever sting might have been in her words.

______
“No thanks, I am fine,”

"Oh, ok." The boy turned from her. "I'm Charlie," He was walking away. "By the way.." Her words trailed off as he strode further away and her eyes wondered to Darcy's look of annoyance. She opened her mouth to speak, but Lesia grabbed her by the arm and drug her down the hall, shooting daggers at Darcy as she did.

"Lesia.." Charlie stumbled over her feet in an attempt to keep up with her friend's pace. "Lesia!" Charlie ripped her arm free and adjusted her disheveled coat with a look to Lesia. "I'm sorry, Charlie, but I know how he is and I saw that look in your eye." Lesia sighed as the pair rounded the doorway to Charlie's classroom.

"I can take care of myself you know." Came Charlie's reply, but Lesia only smiled. "I know, but I can't let anything happen to my little cinnamon bun." Charlie fought off Lesia's attempt to pinch her cheeks with a laugh before walking into her class. She turned and waved to Lesia before taking her seat near a window.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 am 

What was so difficult about not standing in the middle of the hallway? It was common knowledge to not block the path, or so Darcy though, and it was practically drilled into the heads of all new students when they first came to the school. And yet here they were. It could have been solved so easily too, they didn’t need to get anyone else involved, though a little drama first thing in the morning wasn’t unheard of, or unwelcome either.

But of all the people to get involved, her. What was her name again? Darcy only knew that she was friends with Lesia, his most recent ex, which meant she likely had ill feelings towards him because of it. Thankfully she seemed more interested in coming to the rescue of the other kid to pay him much mind other than a carefully cast look, one in which Darcy returned, annoyance written clearly on his face.

He usually wasn’t so nasty, okay, the majority of the time he could be, but having Nicolas home, on top of nearly running into Lesia, it wasn’t a good mix. As he was eyeing the girl before him, his curiosity was peaked as she opened her mouth to say something, but before that something could be learned, she was there and pulling her friend away. Darcy returned the glare, waiting until the pair had disappeared down the hall.

Frown in place and without a word, Darcy continued down the hall, making his way to his own class. He grabbed his bag, slinging it over one shoulder in the brief walk to the back of the class where it was promptly dropped on the floor next to a desk. Sliding into the seat, Darcy wasted no time in catching up on the latest gossip with those around him before class started.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am 

Sen stared out the window, chin resting in her palm, mind lost in thought, when a voice brought her back to reality. “Hmmm?” she looked up to find Sam examining the magazine they had confiscated. “10th grade boys, apparently,” she replied with a tone that bordered between bored and distaste. It was quite obvious that she found their tastes in reading material--if you could call it that--to be disgusting, and she was none too happy about the fact that she was constantly having to remove it from their possession on school property, where they knew better than to bring it. It had gotten better since she had first started as student council president, of course. It had been a long time since she had to confiscate something from those in her own class, although she did occasionally have to remind them about other things. The other classes, however, did not have her constant supervision and reminders, so while they had certainly gotten better, there were still those who thought they could get away with it.

Meanwhile, Hoji snatched the magazine from Sam once she returned it, "I'd better put that somewhere safer, lest anymore innocent young ladies have to see it," he stated, hiding most of the sarcasm from his voice. He then shoved it into his bag. He'd have to remember to take it back out and put it in the council room later. Lord knows he didn't want to accidentally take it home. Not only would his mother freak out if she found it, but who knew what kind of an earful he would get from Sen later. If there were any two people he had no desire to tick off, it was his mother and Sen. They were downright terrifying when they were angry. He chuckled nervously to himself and sunk down into his seat as he tried to remove the thought from his mind.

Sen's eyes followed the other girl as she took her seat behind her. “Morning,” she replied to the greeting, looking back over her shoulder. She hardly considered herself to be a daydreamer, but then again, she did tend to get lost in her own little world whenever she was thinking about things, like just moments before, so she guess that the name did actually make some sense. She chose to let it go and let her friend call her whatever she wanted. After all, it wasn't like she was generally one to hold back her thoughts and comments, so she certainly couldn't expect her friends to, and they never did. They were a rather strange bunch, especially if one were to listen to some of their remarks to one another, but they got along well and, despite her occasional comments, she had no desire to replace them.

When asked if she wanted to come over this week, her face adopted a somewhat contemplative look as she considered her schedule for the week. She had to work after school today and Wednesday, then again on the weekend. She had a student council meeting tomorrow, but it might be finished at a decent hour. Thursday was track and she doubted that would be over early enough. "That's not exactly right," she commented to Sam's mention of talking about school policies, "But I might have some time after the student council meets tomorrow, or I should be free on Friday," she offered the two dates, trying to give her options.

"Hey, what about me? I'm not invited to this little shindig?" he questioned, doing his best to look wounded. "You wound me, ladies. I can't believe you would exclude me like that. It's because I'm a man, isn't it?" he continued, looking between them. "I think that 'man' is going a bit too far, don't you?" Sen asked, turning her attention to him, an innocent smile on her face. "Ouch. You really are cruel, madam president," he replied, putting a hand to his chest as though he were wounded, but smirking slightly, knowing she was at least mostly joking. He then turned his attention to Sam, "You see me as a man, don't you, Sam?" he asked, although, in hindsight, that might not have been the best move. But oh well, go big or go home, right? Something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:31 pm 

Makoto heard the girl saying something more, but he didn’t stop. He still held the opinion that it was better to avoid the situation. Who knows if some kind of jealous boyfriend would turn up and purposely misunderstood stuff? Reaching the stairs to the second floor, he noticed something lying on the floor. It seemed like someone lost their wallet. Further up the stair there were two other students going up while talking, one of their bags was wide open. After letting out a soundless sigh, Makoto hurried up the stairs to catch up to the two of them.
“Excuse me?” he quietly said to catch their attention. The facial expressions they made when turning around clearly stated that they did not want to be seen talking to an outcast like him. Before they could say anything, Makoto stated the reason for disturbing them while pointing at the open bag and waving the wallet. “Is this yours?” The one with the open bag started to dig into said bag before letting out a “Tch” and grabbing the wallet from Makoto’s hand. “Thanks.” Was all he said flatly before swiping off the ‘dust’ and checking the contents of his wallet. His friend meanwhile was looking at Makoto as if daring him to say something. However, Makoto just walked past them up the stairs.
“As if I want to talk to someone like you,” he said not quiet enough to be left unheard and continued towards his classroom, where he took a seat in the middle of the classroom at the side of the wall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:01 pm 

His feet up on the chair in front of him, Darcy leaned back with an almost bored expression as those around him talked about whatever they had been doing this weekend. It was all old news, nothing exciting, nothing to catch his attention.

“Everything okay Darce?” One of the girls a few desks over asked, looking up from her phone. Very few people got to address him in such a way, those in his circle getting the privilege.

“Other than bored out of my mind and class hasn’t even started yet?” He asked, a smirk on his face as one hand flicking a few stray strands of hair off to the side.

“Tell me about it.” She laughed. “It’s like nobody did anything this weekend! Where’s the fun in that?” She returned.

“Oh! I almost had a run in with her this morning.” Darcy remarked, purposefully not using Lesia’s name.

“No! Is she still being all…whatever you want to call that?” A few hand gestures accompanied the search for a way to describe it.

“She didn’t stick around long, but nothing’s changed.” Darcy said a little haughley.

“Aww, someone’s not over it I see.” The girl laughed, glancing back down at her phone.

“I mean, would you?” Darcy returned with a laugh, his attention drawn to the other students as they began taking their seats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am 

It was always tough for Sen to find some free time. Sam knew she wasn't as privileged as herself, so she always tried to accommodate where she could. She went to reply to her friend, but Hoji spoke up, drawing her attention and a hearty chuckle. Sen spoke what they both were thinking. "Sorry Hoji. I mean, you're a man in the most technical sense of the word, in that you have an extra appendage..." Sam would have blushed there, if she was that kind of girl, instead she laughed again. She, apparently found herself to be hilarious. "But, I guess you can come over if you really want too. Nana won't mind." Sam paused, a finger to her lips as they pursed lightly. "You can help with our nails! And facials. We were going to watch some chick flicks and talk about boys all night. You don't mind, do you?"

Sam flashed a knowing smile to Sen just as the teacher walked in. She made sure the magazine was out of sight, just because Hoji could be a bit of a ditz sometimes and she didn't want him to get into trouble because of a bunch of 10th graders. "Just let me know which date you prefer and I'll give Nana the heads-up." Sam had leaned forward and whispered towards Sen before the teacher addressed the class and she had to start paying attention. Sam pulled out her things from her bag and placed them on her desk. It was time to focus on her school work and Sam could be very one minded when it came to the tasks at hand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:26 am 

Sen shook her head when Hoji sought reassurance from Sam that she saw him as a man after her own comment implying that he was not. It was a joke on her part, of course, and Sam's response may or may not be the same, but nevertheless, it was probably not good for his ego to hear the same thing twice. Then again, hanging around either of them may not have been good for his ego, although it never seemed to be an issue. He was either immune to their apparently hurtful banter, or he had enough ego to go around. After all this time, she still wasn't quite sure which it was. Probably the first, but she could not entirely discount the latter.

"And more shots fired. You ladies really are a cruel pair. Why do I hang around you again?" he asked in a somewhat ambiguous way, as if to make it difficult for them to tell whether he was seriously questioning their friendship or simply teasing them back. He then shook his head, "Nope. I'll pass. Hard pass, actually," he responded to the offer to join them with a wave of his hand. "Really, though. I'm surprised Sen is going to spend a whole evening doing stuff that's so... feminine. It seems a bit out of character, don't you think?" he asked, not bothering to phrase it as a 'no offense' observation as many might. All things considered, it was only fair.

"Hey! That's..." she was about to respond when the class began to immediately sink into silence as the teacher walked in. She huffed slightly, annoyed that he would get off the hook for that comment so easily. But really, he wasn't wrong. She didn't often do the things most girls seemed to enjoy, largely because it was all so expensive. Why did being feminine have to be so expensive? Make-up, haircuts, nice clothes, hand bags, manicures, facials. She couldn't afford all that stuff. She worked hard as it was just to make sure that they could eat more than rice every night. So, really, he wasn't wrong. Besides, all things considered, she guessed it was only fair for him to shoot back after her own comment, although that didn't make it any less frustrating.

She glanced back at Sam and nodded, "I'll let you know after class," she whispered back. Like her friend, she, too, gave the tasks in front of her a very single-minded focus. Hoji did not give things the same focus as the other two. He would pay attention for a time, but he tended to get bored and then he became easily distracted, although you would never know it by his grades. He worked just as hard as the other two when it came down to it, his work just looked different. That was probably a good thing, though, as he tended to encourage Sen to take breaks every now and then rather than working herself to the point of exhaustion. This was probably why they worked so well together on the student council.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:50 pm 

Class was .... Actually interesting. The teacher mistook his look of interest for a look of confusion and frequently asked him if there was anything that he didn’t understand. Makoto tried to wave that question away and sometimes gave an accurate summary of what the teacher had told to get rid of that annoying question. It’s not like the difference between mitosis and meiosis was all that difficult to understand. Some of his classmates didn’t share that opinion but seemed to be unable to ask a question for whatever reason.
The other classes before lunch break were either utterly boring or too difficult. Listening in to his classmates’ conversations wasn’t all that interesting either. Too bad that he would get picked on, and get in trouble with the teachers, if he brought a reading book to school. The bell ringed to announce lunch break. A time that some of his classmates seemed to have thought would never come. It wasn’t allowed to stay in a classroom or the library during lunch break so Makoto had to move to one of the common areas. Eating lunch in peace and quiet without running into any kind of trouble would be nice. Scrap the quiet, that was not possible with this many students.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 pm 

Darcy couldn’t tell you what the teacher had been talking about. He had started off listening, but the droning voice going on and on was enough to put him to sleep, or pull out his phone to carefully send texts and scroll through social media. He’d find someone later to get any notes, nothing to worry about. The following weren’t any better. Darcy could probably think of a hundred and one things he would rather be doing. At least he hadn’t been called on all morning. Maybe his sarcastic remarks and smartassery were finally getting through.

The lunch bell was a saviour. Lunch was gossip time, a chance to socialize, and make sure the rank order was still being upheld. Darcy and his crew always sat at the same table, near the windows, perfect sunny spots on the good days. There had been a few instances when some newer student had made the mistake of sitting there, they quickly learned to avoid it after that.

The room was slowly filling as students trudged from their classes, and the noise followed right away. Darcy sat with his back to the windows, one hand playing with his straw as he watched the room like a hawk, the seats around him filling apart from one right next to him, and one straight across.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am 

Unlike many of her classmates, who seemed bored or confused during class, Sen remained engaged throughout the entirety of class. She took detailed notes and listened carefully even if the topic at hand wasn't particularly interesting. If she understood a concept well enough that she did not need to pay close attention, she would pay attention to those around her. When no one else seemed to want to, she volunteered to answer questions, or sometimes the teacher simply called on her when he didn't feel like fighting with someone else to get an answer. If she didn't understand something, or got the feeling that others didn't, she would ask questions to make it more clear. She thought, as the President of the student council, this was the least she could do to help out. No, more like it was her duty to. After all, if the other students couldn't look up to her, then who would they look up to?

Of course, she also helped in ways that some may not appreciate, such as ensuring everyone paid attention by eyeing those who may start pulling out their phones instead of listening, but at least she never called anyone out verbally, nor did she bring the teacher's attention to the behavior. It was for their own good. If they didn't pay attention, they would fail the test, which wasn't good for them, nor for the class as a whole.

Hoji had a hard time paying as close of attention to the lessons as Sen did, but he did his best. After all, he wouldn't be able to get away with slacking off, and even if he did, he'd never hear the end of it. It just wasn't worth it. In his mind, he reminisced about the days when he was able to pull out his phone or doodle if he got bored in class. Those were the days. Then again, they really weren't. Even if she was a bit rough around the edges, she meant well, and she certainly made life a lot more interesting. He supposed that, all in all, it was a fair trade-off, or more like he got the better end of the deal. As he thought this, he got a look from Sen, who seemed to have noticed that he was spacing out instead of paying attention. He simply grinned and watched her give a resigned sigh before he resumed his note-taking.

After the last class of the morning, Sen gathered her things and put them in her bag, intending to head to the student council room to finish up some work during lunch. As she stood up and quickly headed for the door, hoping to slip out unnoticed, her path was blocked by the tall figure of Hoji, bag tossed casually over his shoulder. "And where do you think you're going?" he asked with of a tilt of his head. "Uhhhh..." she hesitated, knowing what he was going to say. "You were planning to work through lunch again, right?" he asked, to which she responded by looking away and mumbling, "Maybe. Not that it's any of your business."

He sighed and shook his head, "And you probably missed breakfast this morning, didn't you?" he asked but she didn't answer. "Honestly. You need to take better care of yourself," he admonished her. "Come on, we're having lunch together," he informed her, not leaving her room to argue as he looped his free arm in hers. "What? But..." she tried to protest. "No buts! You're going to end up sick or worse if you don't take care of yourself. Back me up here, Sam," Hoji looked back over his shoulder at the other girl. "Besides, it's been a while since we all had lunch together. It'll be fun, right?" he grinned, waiting for the agreement of the other two.

Last edited by Amara on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:26 am 

It seemed like Makoto’s luck was not so good on this day. When he thought he had found a good spot to eat his lunch, the space next to him got taken up by an extra loud bunch of people. It was almost like they couldn’t even say one sentence without using a curse word. They also took up more place then they actually needed, causing not only Makoto to be a bit pushed away. He sighed and quietly continued to eat his lunch, if he was powerful like the heroes in the stories he read, then he could put those people in their place. But trying something like this now would only come out negative for him. No need to place extra attention to himself. And what could the weak him do all alone anyway? The good thing was that basically everyone seemed to ignore him until now during this lunch. It can still be counted as good if it stays like that. Makoto wished that just some kind of magical hole would open up beneath him and suck him into a magical world where everything was nice. It would even be fine if he wasn’t the hero in this other world. As long as none of the annoying people of this world would be in it. But then again, every world probably has annoying people or creatures in it.
For now it would already be enough if that loud bunch next to him would stop spouting crap. The person that they are talking about is actually within hearing distance. Even though stuff like this annoys Makoto to no end, he knows that there is nothing he could do about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:59 pm 

Sam was diligent with her schoolwork, and paid close attention to the lesson. Notes were written with a practiced hand and in a way that would make it easy for the girl to reference, should she need them further down the road. As the bell rang, Sam scrambled to get the last of her notes polished off as both Sen and Hoji made for the door.

"...or worse if you don't take care of yourself. Back me up here, Sam," Sam looked up with a quirked eyebrow at the mention of her name as she readjusted the bag on her shoulder. She hadn't exactly been paying much attention to the boy, but rather the growl of her stomach. "Besides, it's been a while since we all had lunch together. It'll be fun, right?"

"Oh, most definitely." It was an animated reply, given away by the obvious mirth pulling at Sam's lips. "Come on, Sen. Hoji's right -for once-" Her smiled widened, hoping to soften the jab at her friend. "You need to take better care of yourself." Sam let go of her bag and threaded an arm around Sen's, in the hopes of leading her towards the cafeteria. "Besides, if you don't take care of yourself, you'll get sick. And if you get sick, you'll have to miss school." Sam was sure Sen wouldn't miss school, even if it meant being rolled around on a gurney from class to class. "Can you just imagine the chaos we'd be thrown into if you weren't here?"

______

Charlie's class let out late. Which meant she had even less time to eat. Charlie made it to the cafeteria in time to see Lesia sit beside a few of their acquaintances, and then continued to watch the seats fill as she stood near the back of the line. It didn't take long for the seats to fill around Lesia. Charlie wouldn't have minded, but the only few she saw open were beside Darcy and the new kid -who hadn't mentioned his name.- They weren't exactly prime seats, in Charlie's opinion. For one, everything Lesia had told Charlie about Darcy made him out to be a horrible person, and the way he acted in the hallway pointed towards them being true, if a bit exaggerated. On the other hand, Charlie had gone out of her way to help the new kid and he had just walked away from her.

By the time Charlie got her tray, Lesia's table had filled. She couldn't very well leave the cafeteria so..the girl's chest heaved as she took a deep breath. Her feet took her towards Darcy. She had, had plans of sitting in front of him, but before she could someone slipped into the stop. The girl's cheeks puffed out with an irritated huff, before she rounded the long table and sat beside the redhead. "Darcy, right?" She didn't look at the boy as she mess with her tray, arranging her silverware and uncapping her bottled water. "Charlie. Lesia's friend." This was awkward. Why did she even feel the need to speak to the kid? Pale eyes fell over Darcy in a sidelong glance before she looked at him fully, brows furrowed. "Couldn't you have been a bit less rude to the new kid this morning? I mean, I know you have a reputation or whatever, but it's difficult being in a new environment." Her attention was drawn back to her tray as she brought her water to her lips for a sip. "You could maybe cut the kid some slack."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:53 pm 

Darcy wasn’t hungry. His tray sat untouched aside from where one of the meatheads had slammed his fist into the table while arm wrestling with meathead number two, jostling everything. Rolling his eyes at the pair, Darcy had propped one elbow on the table, his chin resting in his palm, and his phone in the other hand. Head down, he returned a few texts, disregarded a missed call from his brother, and was about to say something to the girl next to him when someone sat next to him.

Normally he would have ignored them. Everyone knew where they could and could not sit for the most part. Darcy had made it clear that his table was reserved, and anyone who didn’t belong was made aware of it. Hearing his name though, Darcy looked to the girl, her.

Instead of answering, Darcy put his phone back in his pocket and pretended not to yawn.

“Charlie, right. Lesia told me all about you.” He played with the folded up napkin before him before letting his eyes drift to Charlie, studying her. “How is she by the way? Spreading rumours yet? Or is she waiting for something special?” A smirk fell on Darcy’s lips, but slipped away as Charlie brought up what had happened this morning.

“I simply introduced him to the real world, a good lesson. Not everyone’s going to play nice. It’s best to start early in learning that.” Darcy’s attention had gone to watching a fight breaking out on the opposite side of the cafeteria. “Sometimes you just need a push to see that.” He added with a small shrug. “Anything else you wanted to lecture me on, princess?”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:49 am 

Sen knew from the moment Hoji dragged Sam into this, she would most likely be going to lunch. Sam would definitely agree with him on something like this, and between the two of them, she wouldn’t stand a chance. Still, she did not resign herself to the fate of skipping out on her work just yet.

As expected, Sam agreed and, after a brief, joking pouty face from Hoji in response to Sam’s jab at him, Sam looped her arm in Sen’s other arm and continued. She really couldn’t argue with the points they made. After all, they were valid points. If she kept working like this and not taking care of herself, she would probably end up sick. Still, she did not say anything until Sam explained how getting sick would mean missing class, even mentioning the chaos they would be thrown into without her.

She was certain that her friend was buttering her up a bit with the last comment, just as she was certain she could find a way to attend even if she were sick, assuming she was conscious, and it would not endanger those around her. Even so, she had no argument, so she simply dropped her head in resignation and nodded, “Alright, fine. You win. I’ll eat,” she agreed, already scheming how she could eat quickly and then go work. Hoji, apparently guessing as much, shook his head as they lead her to the cafeteria. “You’ll do more than eat. You’ll also spend some much needed, quality time with your best friends,” he explained, grinning at her.

Sen opened her mouth to rebut him, but thought better of it, instead sighing lightly. “Fine. But you’re staying late to help me finish the work I’m missing,” she replied with a deceptively sweet smile. “You’re such a slaver driver, madam president. You need to loosen up a bit,” he replied with a smile that told that he was at least mostly joking. “Yeah, yeah, I know,” she replied with the smallest hint of a smile as they entered the cafeteria and got their food. “I suppose you agree with him, Sam?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:30 pm 

Makoto ate his lunch as quickly as possible. He really wanted to get away from this spot. The loud bunch next to him started to fight and he really didn’t want to get dragged into it. The plan was quite simple: eat his lunch, put away the tray, find an undisturbed spot somewhere where nether other students nor teachers would bother him and hope that lunch time would end without anyone noticing him. The weather was quite good so maybe he could find a place in the garden. The first part went pretty nice. He finished his lunch and managed to stand up without the fighting people and their audience noticing him.
By now, a teacher finally came over to separate the fighters. It took him a bit but, he managed to stop the fight. Much to the disliking of some students in the audience that wanted to see a bloodbath. The teacher dragged of the two main suspects to the counselling office. They were going to get a real earful for the rest of the lunch break, probably have to stay after school as well. Since it wasn’t really serious, they probably won’t be getting suspended over this.
As the crowd started to disband, Makoto headed to the spot where he could get rid of the tray. Now all that was left was to cross the cafeteria in order to get to the gardens. He sighed. Why are other people so annoying? He didn’t hesitate to step on the foot of someone that wanted to make him trip. He kept on walking instead of awaiting the reaction. So very annoying.