All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 am 

Brown

Blog: View Blog (1)

The morning sun peaked over the skyscrapers of the city, illuminating the world with a soft golden light. A clear sky with only a few puffy white clouds was all that remained of the snow storm that had past just the day before; even the cold bite in the air had subsided. The streets reflected the sun's early rays, giving the air a warm glow and serving as a powerful alarm clock. With a yawn and the fumbling of keys, the small man unlocked a pair of dark brown doors. He ran a small gloved digit over the metal handle before lightly placing his hand on the glass. With his strange act done, the man swung open the door and took a step into the building. Immediately, the sound of clattering mugs, the thump of books placed on shelves and the chatter of magical beings, whirring machines and shuffling feet filled the air. A trio of green colored imps fluttered past, playing some strange iteration of keep away combined with tag. They're holding what looked like a small snow-globe.

"Come on, Toli! You gotta try harder than that," the lankiest of the three chuckled as he tossed the glass overhead toward another. Just as it left his tiny claws, the sphere came to an abrupt stop in the air, as if paused mid-motion, before slowly floating up and gently landing in the palm of an unamused Homunculus's hand.

"Julius." the man's voice was not harsh but it was very clear, as if amplified. A normal man with piercing emerald eyes rushed through, hefting up the trio in his arms and retreating to the back with great urgency.

"So, sorry, Fes. Told Nixi not to give them sweets before bed, won't happen again." he said hurriedly before disappearing into a storeroom. Fes gave no response as he made his way to the front counter and placed the glass trinket in its rightful place before slipping off his gloves and stowing them in the pocket of his black peacoat.

He made his way behind the counter and stowed his coat and red scarf on a pair of hooks off to the right. He took a single deep breath before issuing a firm clap. Like getting the attention of an unruly crowd, the noise level of the store dropped off. The chatter of the cafe and the grinding was still present, but it sounded more distant now. It was as if the entire world been placed at low volume in an instant. Just in time as well. A couple of regular customers made their way into the store. The pair greeted him with a smile and a wave before making a bee-line for the cafe. His smile only lasted for as long as the pair had looked at him before a sour expression colored his face. He definitely should not be the one and only person standing here. He swore under his breath before nearly stomping off toward the back room. The double doors swung open to reveal a warehouse-sized room filled with stacked boxes of writing materials, papers, reagents, potions, ingredients and tomes. Fes stormed through the room and made his way down a flight of stairs.

"Where's Lucius?" Fes nearly howled through the corridor. Doors creaked open and a few irritated heads poked out to see what the commotion was about.

A heavy voice croaked back " he's at home, said somethin' about not feelin' great,"

Fes ran a hand through his hair and let out a small low laugh "Why am I learning about this right now?" his voice was so low that he might've been talking to himself.

The voice stammered "I- I didn't think-"

"Exactly, you didn't ****ing' think. HE didn't think, and now I'm gonna be thinkin' about how many teeth I can knock out of his mouth for making me cover his shift." with that, Fes turned on his heels and made his way back up the stairs "sleep tight,"

Today was off to an excellent start.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:13 pm 

Got a new computer! WOOT!

Blog: View Blog (5)

Mizu ignored the rustle of everyone around her as she began to pile books onto her cart. Her black hair was cut short to cup around her jaw a chin, straight with zero curls involved and perfectly trimmed with several strands of hair dyed green and blue are mingled together. She had pulled on dark black jeans torn here and there to look worn, which they probably were, and had pulled had a black t-shirt with some creative white and blue pattern. She quietly began to get to work as usual, making sure she had all the right books needed to be stocked from the back before pushing her cart into the front bookstore from the backroom. The sudden barrage of sounds made her wince and she grumbled under her breath. She eased away from any crowds and moved to the quiet section of the bookstore, only hearing the soft squeak sound of her cart from one unhinged wheel. She really needed to fix that. She stopped in the non-fiction section and began to quickly fill in the empty spots, before glancing to the front when she heard the door open. Fes, her boss or at least one of them, walked in. She tensed at first, turning back to her work and seemingly putting books up faster before giving a glance to the front to watch in silence as he opened up the store.

Just five minutes into the day, and she knew it was going to be one of those days.

A silent alarm went off and a groan echoed in the small dormitory. Green eyes opened with a slight glare at the blinking clock before it began to levitate and then flew across the room with another crash. Mary quickly pulled the sheets up around her like a cocoon and closed her eyes again, sighing in happiness at the quiet. Then she realized what day it was. Her eyes flew open and she threw the sheets off and jumped out of bed. Her ginger hair was a mess of curls that seemed to be somehow sticking up on one side. Freckles covered her nose and cheeks and the smile that spread across her face. Deep dimples seemed to be permanently dented into her face. Soon she zoomed across the room as her closest doors swung open before her and a few choice clothing floated out in front of her.

"Nope." She said and one of the skirts flew across the room to the other side before she looked at another. "Not that one." It flew across the room and landed in a pile of many other clothings. "Oh! That one!" She grabbed the plaid skirt and all the other skirts that were left out rushed back into the closet on their own before the door closed behind her. She rushed to her dresser and started to rummage until she found everything she wanted. A few minutes later she was dressed with long crazy sock of odd shapes and colors that were in no way matching, a plaid skirt that went slightly past her knees, and a purple sweater with a white collar that stuck up on one side, seemingly stuck in her hair. Mary grinned at the mirror in front of her.

"Time to get a job!" She turned on her heels, ready to walk out the door when she froze and her seemingly unbroken smile fell for a minute. "Uh... where do you go to get jobs." Mary asked herself, tilting her head as she carefully thought to herself before her eyes grew wide and her unbroken smile returned twice as big. "OH! That's right!"

With her mind made up, she headed out quickly, rushing into the outside and not watching at all where she was going as she rushed down the sidewalk. Turning a corner, she had forgotten to tie up a shoelace and suddenly tripped, crashing into a nearby person that seemed about to step into a bookstore. She yelped, falling against them and making them crash to the ground before suddenly sitting up and looking at the person she was crushing and profusely began to apologize. "Oh! I'm so sorry! So, so sorry! I was just- Oh here let me get off you."

She quickly stood up, quickly adjusting her big glasses on her face and then suddenly grabbing the guys hand and pulling him to his feet. "I am so sorry! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need me to get you bandages? I think there's a store around the corner... or is that the other way." She paused her rambling and tilted her head again. "That actually reminds me."

She turned towards the man she bumped into and gave him a grin before letting out a few giggles. "By chance, do you know were Rune's Bookstore is? I seem to be a tad bit lost, again!"

Avatar Picture: Credit due to Angel Knight of The Rune by Sinad Jaruartianapat / Edited by S+R and Me

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:00 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Celes was already at the bookstore. As usual he was on time. Hiding behind a bookshelf from Fes' angriness was as normal as anything else that day. To him it didn't really matter that the anger was not directed at him. Anger could easily be redirected. Celes usually dressed in black with a speck of colour here and there. The complete look was fashionably unkempt with everything a little ripped and with his hair at different lengths. This seemingly bad boy look didn't quite match with his bright personality and happy smile, but maybe it was better that way. At least it was better than the other way around, right? Although that would certainly fit him better. Certainly there were some more unusual aspects of this floor assistent. For example, this faint delicate smell of something burned that seemed to be his body odor. Or how he sometimes seems to be thinking of some kind of mischievous plan, that never gets to be put into action anyway.
All in all, Celes liked to work in Rune's bookstore. He has only been there for a few years, but it was usually fun. Having a place to live, something fun to do during the day, meeting all kinds of ....people... It's like playing around all the time.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Currently recruiting for: nothing XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 pm 

I need coffee. I need sleep. I need...what did I need again?

Mentor

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Most Dedicated (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Rune had been up with the sun. The faerie had thrown open the curtains looking out onto the small balcony that over looked the street below. Already the sound of traffic could be heard drifting through the partly open window as Rune began to prepare for the day ahead. Choosing a simple white collared shirt, black pants, and brown shoes, the faerie added one of his signature long cloaks to the outfit, dark green in colour. His large wings opened behind him and fluttered, a smile on the faerie's face as he concealed them away and left his own apartment for the stairs, taking him to the bookstore below. He had chosen to live above the shop both for easy access, as well as for convenience. Should he be needed for anything, or simply not be able to sleep in the wee hours of the morning, he could simply slip downstairs without a problem. 

The usual bubble of chatter met Rune as he entered the bookstore proper. He allowed himself a moment to close his eyes and take in a deep breath, the scent of paper, old and new, coffee and various pastries, the unique touch of pixie dust, magic, and a faint burning smell all coming together to create something familiar and comforting to the old faerie. Making his way through the many twisting aisles, Rune allowed his slim fingers to lightly dance across the spines of the books he passed, seeming to know them by simple touch alone. Without looking, or even stopping, he pulled a slim volume from the shelf and flicked through the pages with the ease of someone who had done this countless times before.

Glancing to the pages, Rune read as he traversed his usual path to the front counter, taking note of Fes' coat and scarf already on their hook, before perching on the edge of a stool. Leaning forward, the faerie rested his elbows on the wooden counter  and focused on the printed words before him. The words he had memorized centuries ago when these specific poems had first been written, but they were still some of Rune's favourites and he had gotten into the habit of reading a few of them every morning. As people passed, Rune would look up from the book to smile and nod at them, knowing many of them from past encounters here in the shop. Today was off to a great start.

"Maybe Asterous's gender is attack helicopter?" ~ Stormwind
"Candy is to kids as Roleplay is to you" ~ Yue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:46 pm 

"Music's got me feeling so free" - Daft Punk/Pentatonix

Blog: View Blog (2)

As Kit began his day for work, he had the strangest thought "Wouldn't it be nice to make a friend that wasn't hundreds of years older than me?" Food for thought. It seemed as though the faux - anti social teen simply was out aged by the majority of those he worked with. He was, however, excited it was his last year of the human hell called high school. It seems as though at a certain age he's required to go. Being that he had finished his studies two years ago. he was the top kid in his classes. Supposedly he was going the be the class valedictorian. As he went on his was to work he debated whether or not his outfit clashed (What?! If he was going ro make it in fashion he had to understand just how bad his outfit looked!) He was dressed in a black leather jacket with a white shirt a grey scarf loosely wrapped around his neck. Along with black skinny jeans, and some black and white sneakers, and his signature black and red headphones to top it all off.

Of course his strange musings were cut off by the force of a young lady no older than him crashing into his body. He was so upset. Honestly he was three doors away from work, she couldn't have waited until he was at work with his morning dose of coffee to wreck his morning. And then she had to go on and on and on. "Oh, Im so sorry blah blah blah. Oh here let me get off of you blah blah blah" At this point he's about ready to blow a gasket. Let's break it down.

1. She fell on him
2. She rambled
3. He hasn't had coffee.

So Kit did what any sane, aggravated teen would do. He snapped. "First thank you for pulling me up. Second how dare you. You just run into me, then you just, you, you apologise. Like lady come on. You pay attention and then maybe you wouldn't be so freaking disorganized. Maybe if you just payed a little more attention you wouldn't ask dumb questions like "Oh do you know were Rune's Bookstore is?" Look in front of you little girl. It's right fricking there!" He screamed, after about a five second pause he attempted to calm down. He couldn't flip out in publicm he could already feel his magic bubbling up. As he calmed down he muttered to himself, "Gods! And people wonder why you don't tick me off before coffee.... Wait why do you wanna know where the Bookstore is?" As he started towards his destination finally having understood what she asked. Maybe he really will make a new friend, if she can get past his mean streak anyways.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 pm 

Brown

Blog: View Blog (1)

Fes leaned over the front counter just for a moment as he looked at Rune, calm and content as always. The faerie could walk into any room and demand attention without a single word. Maybe it was the way he walked with such unhurried, certain steps, each slow stride like punctuated statements as he moved. Like watching a stag silently move to drink at a riverbank close enough to touch. It was natural and silent. It was elegant.

It was absolutely irritating. Fes had to scowl and shout to be seen, but Rune simply had to exist. The worst part about it was the ease. He was so genuine, kind, and unbothered by the chaos around him. It always made Fes question his sour mood. The nerve of this guy! He let out a sigh and allowed the smile pulling at the corners of his mouth to succeed.

"Morning old-timer" the homunculus said in a low voice.

"Long-time no see" he joked before standing up straight. The front door jingled as another person walked in and Fes gave them a friendly greeting. Before he could get back to chatting with Rune, already three people had lined up to buy something. The woman at the front of the line had purchased a great deal, both in quantity and size. A large print book with a scenic view on the cover, simply titled "France", Four black and yellow paperback instructional books about disparate skills, a large drawing pad, two full-sized boxed buddha boards, A reading light, three physiology textbooks and a large wooden square chest. The man chuckled as he rung up the items.

"You uhh, you find everything you need by chance?" he said as looked up at her, she gave him a chuckle

"I was looking for a little elf that could Christmas shop for me but I think I'll be fine,"

Fes gave Rune a sideways glance in between scanning and bagging items "ah, just sold the last one" Fes remarked regretfully "You shopping for a doctor?" he said holding up a textbook before placing it in a bag.

"ah- no, just getting ahead of the curve. Classes start soon and I wanted to have my textbooks before a bunch of other responsibilities start piling up and it slips my mind."

Fes nodded along but couldn't help but let his mind wander a bit as he thought about what it must be like to be a college student. Didn't people get tired of sitting in big rooms listening to talks about life instead of living it? Maybe that's what life is about for people in the city nowadays. Still... he couldn't say he wasn't curious to see how school had changed.

With a nod along and a few quick exchanges. The short line disappeared as quickly as it was formed. The homunculus swiped a hand through his hair before looking over at Rune.

"hmm. Good thing I'm such a capable clerk. Lucius is gonna have to move to a less mentally taxing task after I cave in his neanderthal brow" the frown had returned in an instant. The homunculus leaned over the counter. An expression more akin to a pout than rage showed on his face and words rushed out of him as if he had no control over them.
"Did that clown tell you he went home?" he spoke conspiratorially, as if he'd dropped some serious gossip "because the first I heard of it was hmmm... fifteen minutes ago?" his hands were little balled fists pressed into the counter. He turned to look out of the window and shake his head in dramatic frustration. Except instead of shaking, his head went completely still. In fact, his entire body had gone stiff.

"Uhh, hey Rune?" he said in a small, almost concerned voice "Could you look out the window for a second?"

The server kid was shouting at a mess of frizz dressed in mismatched colors right out front. If the scene wasn't so absurd, Fes might've gone out to scold the boy.