All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

The morning sun peaked over the skyscrapers of the city, illuminating the world with a soft golden light. A clear sky with only a few puffy white clouds was all that remained of the snow storm that had past just the day before; even the cold bite in the air had subsided. The streets reflected the sun's early rays, giving the air a warm glow and serving as a powerful alarm clock. With a yawn and the fumbling of keys, the small man unlocked a pair of dark brown doors. He ran a small gloved digit over the metal handle before lightly placing his hand on the glass. With his strange act done, the man swung open the door and took a step into the building. Immediately, the sound of clattering mugs, the thump of books placed on shelves and the chatter of magical beings, whirring machines and shuffling feet filled the air. A trio of green colored imps fluttered past, playing some strange iteration of keep away combined with tag. They're holding what looked like a small snow-globe.

"Come on, Toli! You gotta try harder than that," the lankiest of the three chuckled as he tossed the glass overhead toward another. Just as it left his tiny claws, the sphere came to an abrupt stop in the air, as if paused mid-motion, before slowly floating up and gently landing in the palm of an unamused Homunculus's hand.

"Julius." the man's voice was not harsh but it was very clear, as if amplified. A normal man with piercing emerald eyes rushed through, hefting up the trio in his arms and retreating to the back with great urgency.

"So, sorry, Fes. Told Nixi not to give them sweets before bed, won't happen again." he said hurriedly before disappearing into a storeroom. Fes gave no response as he made his way to the front counter and placed the glass trinket in its rightful place before slipping off his gloves and stowing them in the pocket of his black peacoat.

He made his way behind the counter and stowed his coat and red scarf on a pair of hooks off to the right. He took a single deep breath before issuing a firm clap. Like getting the attention of an unruly crowd, the noise level of the store dropped off. The chatter of the cafe and the grinding was still present, but it sounded more distant now. It was as if the entire world been placed at low volume in an instant. Just in time as well. A couple of regular customers made their way into the store. The pair greeted him with a smile and a wave before making a bee-line for the cafe. His smile only lasted for as long as the pair had looked at him before a sour expression colored his face. He definitely should not be the one and only person standing here. He swore under his breath before nearly stomping off toward the back room. The double doors swung open to reveal a warehouse-sized room filled with stacked boxes of writing materials, papers, reagents, potions, ingredients and tomes. Fes stormed through the room and made his way down a flight of stairs.

"Where's Lucius?" Fes nearly howled through the corridor. Doors creaked open and a few irritated heads poked out to see what the commotion was about.

A heavy voice croaked back " he's at home, said somethin' about not feelin' great,"

Fes ran a hand through his hair and let out a small low laugh "Why am I learning about this right now?" his voice was so low that he might've been talking to himself.

The voice stammered "I- I didn't think-"

"Exactly, you didn't ****ing' think. HE didn't think, and now I'm gonna be thinkin' about how many teeth I can knock out of his mouth for making me cover his shift." with that, Fes turned on his heels and made his way back up the stairs "sleep tight,"

Today was off to an excellent start.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Way We Were
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:13 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Mizu ignored the rustle of everyone around her as she began to pile books onto her cart. Her black hair was cut short to cup around her jaw a chin, straight with zero curls involved and perfectly trimmed with several strands of hair dyed green and blue are mingled together. She had pulled on dark black jeans torn here and there to look worn, which they probably were, and had pulled had a black t-shirt with some creative white and blue pattern. She quietly began to get to work as usual, making sure she had all the right books needed to be stocked from the back before pushing her cart into the front bookstore from the backroom. The sudden barrage of sounds made her wince and she grumbled under her breath. She eased away from any crowds and moved to the quiet section of the bookstore, only hearing the soft squeak sound of her cart from one unhinged wheel. She really needed to fix that. She stopped in the non-fiction section and began to quickly fill in the empty spots, before glancing to the front when she heard the door open. Fes, her boss or at least one of them, walked in. She tensed at first, turning back to her work and seemingly putting books up faster before giving a glance to the front to watch in silence as he opened up the store.

Just five minutes into the day, and she knew it was going to be one of those days.

A silent alarm went off and a groan echoed in the small dormitory. Green eyes opened with a slight glare at the blinking clock before it began to levitate and then flew across the room with another crash. Mary quickly pulled the sheets up around her like a cocoon and closed her eyes again, sighing in happiness at the quiet. Then she realized what day it was. Her eyes flew open and she threw the sheets off and jumped out of bed. Her ginger hair was a mess of curls that seemed to be somehow sticking up on one side. Freckles covered her nose and cheeks and the smile that spread across her face. Deep dimples seemed to be permanently dented into her face. Soon she zoomed across the room as her closest doors swung open before her and a few choice clothing floated out in front of her.

"Nope." She said and one of the skirts flew across the room to the other side before she looked at another. "Not that one." It flew across the room and landed in a pile of many other clothings. "Oh! That one!" She grabbed the plaid skirt and all the other skirts that were left out rushed back into the closet on their own before the door closed behind her. She rushed to her dresser and started to rummage until she found everything she wanted. A few minutes later she was dressed with long crazy sock of odd shapes and colors that were in no way matching, a plaid skirt that went slightly past her knees, and a purple sweater with a white collar that stuck up on one side, seemingly stuck in her hair. Mary grinned at the mirror in front of her.

"Time to get a job!" She turned on her heels, ready to walk out the door when she froze and her seemingly unbroken smile fell for a minute. "Uh... where do you go to get jobs." Mary asked herself, tilting her head as she carefully thought to herself before her eyes grew wide and her unbroken smile returned twice as big. "OH! That's right!"

With her mind made up, she headed out quickly, rushing into the outside and not watching at all where she was going as she rushed down the sidewalk. Turning a corner, she had forgotten to tie up a shoelace and suddenly tripped, crashing into a nearby person that seemed about to step into a bookstore. She yelped, falling against them and making them crash to the ground before suddenly sitting up and looking at the person she was crushing and profusely began to apologize. "Oh! I'm so sorry! So, so sorry! I was just- Oh here let me get off you."

She quickly stood up, quickly adjusting her big glasses on her face and then suddenly grabbing the guys hand and pulling him to his feet. "I am so sorry! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need me to get you bandages? I think there's a store around the corner... or is that the other way." She paused her rambling and tilted her head again. "That actually reminds me."

She turned towards the man she bumped into and gave him a grin before letting out a few giggles. "By chance, do you know were Rune's Bookstore is? I seem to be a tad bit lost, again!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:00 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Celes was already at the bookstore. As usual he was on time. Hiding behind a bookshelf from Fes' angriness was as normal as anything else that day. To him it didn't really matter that the anger was not directed at him. Anger could easily be redirected. Celes usually dressed in black with a speck of colour here and there. The complete look was fashionably unkempt with everything a little ripped and with his hair at different lengths. This seemingly bad boy look didn't quite match with his bright personality and happy smile, but maybe it was better that way. At least it was better than the other way around, right? Although that would certainly fit him better. Certainly there were some more unusual aspects of this floor assistent. For example, this faint delicate smell of something burned that seemed to be his body odor. Or how he sometimes seems to be thinking of some kind of mischievous plan, that never gets to be put into action anyway.
All in all, Celes liked to work in Rune's bookstore. He has only been there for a few years, but it was usually fun. Having a place to live, something fun to do during the day, meeting all kinds of ....people... It's like playing around all the time.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Rune had been up with the sun. The faerie had thrown open the curtains looking out onto the small balcony that over looked the street below. Already the sound of traffic could be heard drifting through the partly open window as Rune began to prepare for the day ahead. Choosing a simple white collared shirt, black pants, and brown shoes, the faerie added one of his signature long cloaks to the outfit, dark green in colour. His large wings opened behind him and fluttered, a smile on the faerie's face as he concealed them away and left his own apartment for the stairs, taking him to the bookstore below. He had chosen to live above the shop both for easy access, as well as for convenience. Should he be needed for anything, or simply not be able to sleep in the wee hours of the morning, he could simply slip downstairs without a problem. 

The usual bubble of chatter met Rune as he entered the bookstore proper. He allowed himself a moment to close his eyes and take in a deep breath, the scent of paper, old and new, coffee and various pastries, the unique touch of pixie dust, magic, and a faint burning smell all coming together to create something familiar and comforting to the old faerie. Making his way through the many twisting aisles, Rune allowed his slim fingers to lightly dance across the spines of the books he passed, seeming to know them by simple touch alone. Without looking, or even stopping, he pulled a slim volume from the shelf and flicked through the pages with the ease of someone who had done this countless times before.

Glancing to the pages, Rune read as he traversed his usual path to the front counter, taking note of Fes' coat and scarf already on their hook, before perching on the edge of a stool. Leaning forward, the faerie rested his elbows on the wooden counter  and focused on the printed words before him. The words he had memorized centuries ago when these specific poems had first been written, but they were still some of Rune's favourites and he had gotten into the habit of reading a few of them every morning. As people passed, Rune would look up from the book to smile and nod at them, knowing many of them from past encounters here in the shop. Today was off to a great start.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:46 pm 

Floating

As Kit began his day for work, he had the strangest thought "Wouldn't it be nice to make a friend that wasn't hundreds of years older than me?" Food for thought. It seemed as though the faux - anti social teen simply was out aged by the majority of those he worked with. He was, however, excited it was his last year of the human hell called high school. It seems as though at a certain age he's required to go. Being that he had finished his studies two years ago. he was the top kid in his classes. Supposedly he was going the be the class valedictorian. As he went on his was to work he debated whether or not his outfit clashed (What?! If he was going ro make it in fashion he had to understand just how bad his outfit looked!) He was dressed in a black leather jacket with a white shirt a grey scarf loosely wrapped around his neck. Along with black skinny jeans, and some black and white sneakers, and his signature black and red headphones to top it all off.

Of course his strange musings were cut off by the force of a young lady no older than him crashing into his body. He was so upset. Honestly he was three doors away from work, she couldn't have waited until he was at work with his morning dose of coffee to wreck his morning. And then she had to go on and on and on. "Oh, Im so sorry blah blah blah. Oh here let me get off of you blah blah blah" At this point he's about ready to blow a gasket. Let's break it down.

1. She fell on him
2. She rambled
3. He hasn't had coffee.

So Kit did what any sane, aggravated teen would do. He snapped. "First thank you for pulling me up. Second how dare you. You just run into me, then you just, you, you apologise. Like lady come on. You pay attention and then maybe you wouldn't be so freaking disorganized. Maybe if you just payed a little more attention you wouldn't ask dumb questions like "Oh do you know were Rune's Bookstore is?" Look in front of you little girl. It's right fricking there!" He screamed, after about a five second pause he attempted to calm down. He couldn't flip out in publicm he could already feel his magic bubbling up. As he calmed down he muttered to himself, "Gods! And people wonder why you don't tick me off before coffee.... Wait why do you wanna know where the Bookstore is?" As he started towards his destination finally having understood what she asked. Maybe he really will make a new friend, if she can get past his mean streak anyways.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Fes leaned over the front counter just for a moment as he looked at Rune, calm and content as always. The faerie could walk into any room and demand attention without a single word. Maybe it was the way he walked with such unhurried, certain steps, each slow stride like punctuated statements as he moved. Like watching a stag silently move to drink at a riverbank close enough to touch. It was natural and silent. It was elegant.

It was absolutely irritating. Fes had to scowl and shout to be seen, but Rune simply had to exist. The worst part about it was the ease. He was so genuine, kind, and unbothered by the chaos around him. It always made Fes question his sour mood. The nerve of this guy! He let out a sigh and allowed the smile pulling at the corners of his mouth to succeed.

"Morning old-timer" the homunculus said in a low voice.

"Long-time no see" he joked before standing up straight. The front door jingled as another person walked in and Fes gave them a friendly greeting. Before he could get back to chatting with Rune, already three people had lined up to buy something. The woman at the front of the line had purchased a great deal, both in quantity and size. A large print book with a scenic view on the cover, simply titled "France", Four black and yellow paperback instructional books about disparate skills, a large drawing pad, two full-sized boxed buddha boards, A reading light, three physiology textbooks and a large wooden square chest. The man chuckled as he rung up the items.

"You uhh, you find everything you need by chance?" he said as looked up at her, she gave him a chuckle

"I was looking for a little elf that could Christmas shop for me but I think I'll be fine,"

Fes gave Rune a sideways glance in between scanning and bagging items "ah, just sold the last one" Fes remarked regretfully "You shopping for a doctor?" he said holding up a textbook before placing it in a bag.

"ah- no, just getting ahead of the curve. Classes start soon and I wanted to have my textbooks before a bunch of other responsibilities start piling up and it slips my mind."

Fes nodded along but couldn't help but let his mind wander a bit as he thought about what it must be like to be a college student. Didn't people get tired of sitting in big rooms listening to talks about life instead of living it? Maybe that's what life is about for people in the city nowadays. Still... he couldn't say he wasn't curious to see how school had changed.

With a nod along and a few quick exchanges. The short line disappeared as quickly as it was formed. The homunculus swiped a hand through his hair before looking over at Rune.

"hmm. Good thing I'm such a capable clerk. Lucius is gonna have to move to a less mentally taxing task after I cave in his neanderthal brow" the frown had returned in an instant. The homunculus leaned over the counter. An expression more akin to a pout than rage showed on his face and words rushed out of him as if he had no control over them.
"Did that clown tell you he went home?" he spoke conspiratorially, as if he'd dropped some serious gossip "because the first I heard of it was hmmm... fifteen minutes ago?" his hands were little balled fists pressed into the counter. He turned to look out of the window and shake his head in dramatic frustration. Except instead of shaking, his head went completely still. In fact, his entire body had gone stiff.

"Uhh, hey Rune?" he said in a small, almost concerned voice "Could you look out the window for a second?"

The server kid was shouting at a mess of frizz dressed in mismatched colors right out front. If the scene wasn't so absurd, Fes might've gone out to scold the boy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 am 

I have returned

Blake was washing plates in the small sink to the side of the cafe's bar, listening to the low hum of early morning patrons as he waited for the regulars to arrive. Alma was dressed in a deep blue shirt that mirrored the early morning sky, with his usual black slacks to match. The guests from last night had stayed for its entirety, meaning Blake had been at his post since the previous morning. He didn't mind much, he never needed to sleep anyways. If anything this gave him the time to finally catch up on the small pile of dishes that had built up the day before. As the customers finally started to clear out, not wanting to be caught by the normal regulars and forced to put on their glamours, they wished Blake a good day. Now cleared of customers, Blake began to clean all the table in preparation for the day.

Not a single table in the cafe matched. They were all of different designs, makes, materials, and eras. Some of the tables had been gifts from patrons, the rest where donations of Blake's. His favorite was from China, traditional design, 13th century, and still looking as new as the day he bought it. The rest of the bar was a little more consistent, the bar and small kitchen where Blake prepared food were decorated in a dark mahogany, polished to a mirror sheen. The appliances where all made from the same dark metal, also polished to shimmer. Above the bar was a large chalk board which listed various kinds of coffee that could be ordered along with prices. Under the barista prices was a small message written in bright blue chalk:

"We serve any food you care to order, price based on ingredients used." Beneath that was a list of popular dishes.

Blake had just finished cleaning up the tables when he heard Fes enter the store, and soon after the mornings regular's strolled in. They found Blake standing behind the counter, already brewing and cooking their usual fare. They each placed the money on the counter and started chatting to each other as Blake placed cups of coffee in front off them. As he started hand them their food he saw Kit get ran over by a redhead. Customers served, Blake started walking out front as the server boy started exploding at the potential customer.

"Morning Rune, morning Fes." Blake said, before opening the door to give Kit a look of question.

"Kit, would you care to explain why you are yelling at the nice lady?" He then turned to girl with a saintly smile, leaving Kit to answer the air.

"Hello Miss, sorry for the buffoon. Would you be looking for a book, meal, or morning refreshment? Here at Rune's Bookstore, we have all that and more." He opened the door wider and the store's natural aroma swept out. The open door would also give Fes and Rune a good view of the girl, and Kit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:32 pm 

Rune smiled at Fezs' way of greeting, hearing the

"Good morning Fes." Taking in the homunculus' less than calm presence. "Would it be safe to presume that things are off to their usual start?" The faerie was not blind to the chaos and problems that occurred around the shop, and other areas. Rune just reacted in a manner different to Fes. Any further interactions were put on hold as the door jingled and customers began to line up with their purchases. Letting Fes handle the transactions, Rune carefully closed his book, placing it under the counter for the time being and greeted the people in line. If Rune was anything, it was courteous.

Once the line was taken care of, and other customers came in and made their way around the store itself, or wandered off to the cafe, the usual drone of activity once more took over. Rune watched Fes, always curious about the homunculus and his irritable moods. The faerie raised a single brow at his friend at the outburst.

"Oh?" He listened to the complain against the other employee. "I'm sure there was a valid reason for it." Rune tried to calm the other. It was almost like a second job at this point, making sure those who either worked for, or lived here didn't try to kill or dismember each other. Fes was one of those he always kept an eye on, not that he didn't trust him, but the homunculas' temper was rather easy to set off.

Hearing the concern coming from the previous livid individual, Rune did in fact turn to look out the window, taking in the scene unfolding. It was a peculiar sight, but not too strange or out of place to warrant any concern at the moment. What was more concerning was Fes' reaction. Rune had half expected him to storm out and confront the pair immedietly.

"I'm sure it is fine, and if not, I'm sure we can manage." The faerie commented. As if on cue, Blake approached from the cafe, greeted the pair at the counter, and then proceeded to deal with the situation. Rune nudged Fes slightly with his elbow to catch his attention.

"See, what did I tell you?" He said, a hint of amusement in his voice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:22 pm 

Celes was also quickly distracted from his work by the reason why everyone was looking outside the window. Just as Fes' seemed to have calmed down another storm seemed to be brewing. This time it was Kit. Moreover it was fun to see Kit getting angry. The poor human that ran into him... Celes silently snickered at the scene. He wasn't quite innocent when it came to making this particular teenager angry. The main reason was the effects of making him use 'special means'. It has been a while since Celes has last poked him so much that that had happened. Just as it seemed to be getting interesting someone tapped him on the shoulder. With his usual warm smile Celes turned around to face the customer.
"Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find drawing books?" The young female student asked politely.
"What kind of books are you looking for?" Celes asked nicely. "Tutorials? Collestions? History? Cultural influences? Empty ones for your own use? For lectures?" He quickly summed up all kinds of books that had to do with drawing until the students eyes started to spin.
"Uhm... That is... I guess... Uh..." The student seemed to have forgotten what exactly she came for already. Celes already knew that being friendly and helpful was often the best way to confuse humans. And so much fun as well. He quickly looked back to the shop window to keep track of the progress. Sadly the cafe chef appears to be putting a stop the the situation. Ah well, that was okay. Afterall Blake often makes him his favourite foods.
"Ah...," Another hesitating sound reminded Celes that he had a customer to attend to.
"Tutorial books please," she finally managed to say.
Celes smiled warmly at the student which made her feel a little more at peace. "No problem. Just turn right here, then go straight for three steps, turn left then another turn left, one turn to the right, five steps straight, turn left again, two steps forward, look to your right at the third shelf from the top." The smile didn't fade away one bit when the girl turned around and tried to follow his directions.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:36 pm 

Floating

Kit always loved good guy vs bad guy stories. He always hated being seen as the perpetrator of a situation but right now he couldn’t find it in him to care less. With a sarcastic tone in his voice and a sickly sweet smile on “Oh gee , Blake hit her with the perfect smile. The dazzling menu which never seems to stay quite the same. And you’re apologizing for me. My gods isn’t this just the perfect way to start your day.” He turned to her with the same look on his face. “Look kid, is our resident cafe chef and barista. Looks like I wont need to do anything for you this guy has it all covered. If you couldn’t tell earlier his name is Blake. If you need anything he’ll get it for you cuz gods know I won’t. And whatever you do, don’t need me.” He turned back to Blake “ Listen I’m going in for a much needed cup of cappuccino. Do what you gotta do just leave me out of it.” With that he turned and went into the store.

“Hey bosses.” Kit said normally. He continued he walk to the kitchen thinking about how caffeine was one of the 8 wonders of the world when he finally realised what he’d said. Crap... its the bosses. Plural. As in two. This is terrible. I am so screwed He continued walking, internally panicking, hoping this trek would not be his last through the bookstore as a waiter. He may have acted like jerk but he’s really just a sweet lovable kid caught in a bad coffeeless moment. Maybe they’ll be willing to hear my side of the story. Just maybe...

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:47 am 

Cory yawned as he turned away from the window and tucked his head under a wing. It was way too bright outside. Snow's great, but this super reflective aspect of it, not so much. It was almost like noon. Wait, it shouldn't be so bright, what time was it? Ohshootit'stimetowork I'm gonnabelate shootshootshoot was rushing through the phoenix's head as he shifted into his human form and whipped on his usual outfit. As he glanced at his alarm clock however, Cory realized that he had only missed it by about 5 minutes. Yeah, it was just the extra light outside that had worried him so much.

A short while later, he was in Rune's Bookstore, pushing his cart of miscellaneous bookstore goods along. There was a small commotion outside that he had noticed, but it had already been cleared up, and so was nothing to be concerned about. Just a bit of unnecessary drama, probably. Cory had been working at the bookstore for almost a year now, and it had been pretty nice so far. It was quite the relaxing job, but not too boring. There was always something new and interesting happening. He almost dropped a stack of bookmarks when he thought of one of the funnier experiences he'd had at this place.

After stacking and organizing the items on the shelf and bookmark stand he had been working on, Cory had a bit of time for a short break. He retreated into one of the more secluded sitting areas (bringing his cart with him), and pulled a seemingly random book out of a nearby shelf. It was actually the next book of a fantasy series the blue-haired stocker had been reading, and he hadn't gotten the chance to really begin reading it until this point. He only hoped he'd actually have enough time to get through the first chapter in one go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:20 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

The homunculus stood still, blankly staring out the window. His hands were limp at his sides and his pupils dilate for less than a second. No matter what Rune, or anyone else said, there was something completely transfixing him. Within a moment, he turned back toward Rune and lowered his voice to an uncharacteristically calm tone.

"Rune? Could you do me a big favor and take over here for a little bit?" there was a strange politeness about the request and though he was talking to the man, his gaze was far off and distant, "There's something I need to take care of,". Before even receiving a response, Fes walks out from behind the counter and towards the large doors of the back room.

As if on cue, a bubble of chatter, footsteps and happy shrieks flood into the building as droves of people stream in through the front doors of the store and the mid morning bustle kicks up into full gear.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

A head of black curls bounce along as a little girl in a cream colored dress walks hops, skips and toddles excitedly. One of her hands loosely clutched the hand of a small older woman. Her face was very aged: deep set wrinkles on her face and blue-green veins visible beneath her palid milky skin. Her eyes were similarly milky around the edges; her light blue eyes possibly losing their sight. A pair of spectacles sat on her nose and her pure white, cottony hair framed her face. The hand that wasn't held by the child was holding a large floral clutch bag close to her chest as if securing it against her chest was the only way of ensuring it didn't slip from her grasp; the bag looked as if it were made purposefully to match the long sleeved blouse she wore.

The old woman smiled as she walked into the building, slowly raising the clutch into the air to wave at Rune as she entered and made her way through the store. She immediately strode towards Rune unhurriedly and looked up at him with a kind, gentle smile that tells that she's quite the regular.

"Good morning, Rune sweetie. Looking good as ever I see," she added with a chuckle "One day I'm going to get at the secret at how you've stayed looking so young for all these years,". At that moment, the little girl wordlessly tugged at the woman's hand and looked up at her with pleading eyes to which the old woman nodded "you go find yourself a nice book and find a seat at the cafe, I'll be there in a moment,". The girl gave her a bright smile and scampered off, bouncing away toward the book cases. The woman smiled and stood with a hand on her hip and the other holding the clutch.

"Now, Rune sweetie, I know that this might be a stretch but I was curious if you knew of any history books about Abbey Road, just a few blocks down? It's quite a famous area. I would normally go down to the library, but I know you tend to have more decent sources than they do." There was a knowing look on her face that showed it was something very specific she was looking for and the information wouldn't be available to the public normally. But behind that knowing look was something else, a pained desperation.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The little girl scampered through the bookcases, peeking through the books to look at people on the other sides and blurting out to occasionally spook a searching group or person. Most people would laugh or ignore the girl but others that would seek her out would find that she was gone before they could see her.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:46 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" The whole time Mary apologized for bumping into the teenager, she kept bowing over and over towards him like it was absolutely normal way to bow as you apologized. She continued to do this until he mentioned the book store and her head shot up with a smile and her body seemed like it floated up for a minute along with her hair before she dropped to the ground, pulled his hands into hers and said with excitement. "Oh you know where the bookstore is? It's right in front of us? Really?! Oh that's so great I thought I was really lost. I mean I know I get turned around a lot but this is amazing! I am actually right in front of it?! WOOHOO! I'm not lost!"

She began to bounce in front of him like a child with a huge grin on her face like she accomplished the greatest feat of all kind, when in all honestly is very true for her as she thinks about it. Actually finding the place? It doesn't matter that she didn't know she found the place all it matters is that she actually found it and was totally not lost, even if she had no idea it was right in front of her.... Right?

Sudden another man came out of the store and refereed to the teenager as Kit.

"OH, you're name is Kit? I love that name! It's so cute! I'm so glad I ran into you and knocked you over and fell on top of you! I don't feel so guilty anymore! You seem like a really nice fella." Mary rambled on, her ginger hair bouncing until she suddenly twisted around to the new man suddenly bringing him into the frazzle of rambling with a sparkle in her eye.

"Hi! My name is Mary! Nice to meet you Blake! You can help with anything right? I'm here for a job! Can you give me a job? I've always wanted to work in a bookstore. Pretty please?" She skipped up to Blake and stopped only a foot in front of him with a smile, her eyes seem to be stuck to him and almost bugging out of her head with how much she put all her focus onto him.

------

Mizu's head shot up from the bookshelf she was looking at and narrowed her eyes towards the front door. Sudden a shiver went down her back and the hair on the back of her neck stood up. Something was going on. Something that she knew she would not like. Best to stay away from the front area for awhile. She turned her head away from the front, quickly taking one more peak around the area before shaking her head as if to end her curiosity and pushed her cart forward to the next semi-empty bookshelf to stack more. As if she felt like the commotion had calmed down, at least for the moment, she took a deep breath and started to lift a book up into the shelf before a "Boo" rung out behind her. Mizu squeaked, twisted around to find the sound, bumped her hip against her cart of books losing her balance in the process and watched it sudden tip over and all the books crash to the ground while the book in her hand slipped up, flying upwards for a minute before somehow landing on her head as she fell on her ass.

She heard slight giggling before the slight tapping of shoes walking away, the little girl searching for a new victim. The book on Mizu's head slowly slid forward and landed in her lap as she stared at the mess in front of her and sighed. Yep. One. Of. Those. Days.

She slowly got up, pulled her cart up to stand right before getting on her knees and picking up all her books. She looked up to sudden to see Fes, one of her bosses, looking down at her with a serious expression. Her whole face went extremely red which conflicted badly with her green and blue black hair and she started to mumble words out that made no sense.

"I was... and then... but you see... I mean... it wasn't... I didn't... I'm sorry...." She hung her head and refused to look up at him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 pm 

I have returned

Blake smirked as Kit's mouth railed at him and the ginger girl, the child was in desperate need of caffeine. As he walked down into the store and to the cafe, Blake made a soft comment only he and the girl could hear.
"I wonder how long it will take him to remember I'm the one who makes his coffee." Smiling at the thought, he turned his full attention to the energetic one as she flooded him with childlike energy. "Hold there a second, I'm not the person you should be asking that question. That honor belongs to the owner of the establishment, Mr. Rune." Blake made a wide gesture towards the store's counter, where now only Rune stood. It would appear that Fez left to attend other matters, though that did save Blake from pointing out which was whom.
"You may direct any questions about employment to him, I have to go attend to the young sir's coffee." Holding the door long enough for Miss Mary, then began walking back towards the cafe.

Entering the cafe behind Kit, Blake began preparing his favorite style of cappuccino. As he made the drink he took slow, and deliberate care. Making sure that every part of the drinks creation was absolutely, undeniably, excruciatingly, perfect. After spending 15 full seconds crafting a masterful recreation of Kit's 'bad morning glare' face with the cream, Blake handed him the cup with a smile that held the slightest hint of sarcasm.
"The highlight of your morning, I hope you enjoy every drop."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 pm 

Rune simply shook his head with a soft smile at the directions he heard Celes giving a customer. There really was no need to make things so complicated, people already got lost in the stacks with more straight-forward instructions. Watching the poor girl begin her treck, Rune heard the greeting thrown his way from another of his employees, Kit. Rune knew he wasn’t a bad kid, despite what his outward behavior sometimes indicated. The faerie had learned in his many long years not to judge someone too early on, a lesson he kept close to heart.

Hearing Fes next to him, Rune turned to face him, concerned at the tone he was hearing. Listening to the request, Rune nodded.

“Of course, take all the time you need.” He could tell something was bothering the homunculus. Watching him go, Rune fell silent at the counter. As customers bustled about, Rune’s attention was caught by a young girl, and the older woman next to her. Smiling Rune, waited patiently as the pair approached.

“It is nice to see you again.” Rune commented, sharing the woman’s smile. “I can’t be giving all my secrets away so easily.” He laughed. Listening to her inquiry, Rune thought about what books he had that may have something about the area in question. He could tell that there was something specific she was after, not just the ordinary run of the mill knowledge you would get from a history book of the area.

“I may have something.” He started, standing and making his way to the shelves. Knowing the set up like a well studied map, Rune easily found the section he was looking for. These books were old, not just in appearance, but in content as well. Trailing his fingers over the leather bound spines, Rune carefully pulled one large book down from an upper shelf. A thin layer of dust was disturbed as the faerie opened it, turning the pages gently as he scanned them for the information he was seeking. Settling on a page, he turned it towards the woman.

“Is this what you were after? If not, I’m sure by own personal collection may be worth a look.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm 

After leading the customer astray, the usual morning business was approaching. A quick glance outside showed that the interesting situation there was already resolved. Ah, that was really too bad. Poking at the little Kit-ty before he had coffee was always a fun way to start the day. Celes walked around the shelves and here and there put a book back into the rightful place. Even it is was only off by one space, sometimes customers just didn't realize they put it back wrong.
There was mischief going on. And it was not caused by him. That's a little ... annoying. Still, Celes was very capable of keeping his calm. He really puts in effort in being nice and all. Surely it was nothing serious. Otherwise Fes would surely have stepped in already.
Celes suddenly turned around, someone or something actually had the nerve and tried to sneak up to him from behind. However, there was nothing there. Was it his imagination? Definitely not. His instincts are not like the ones of a measly human. There was something or someone. But where is it now and what is it trying to do? Whatever it was, it better not try anything funny or it may as well end up roasted nicely.
Since whatever it was seemed to be gone now, Celes continued his work, slightly ticked off and more wary that is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm 

Floating

Kit snatched the cup out of his hands. "If I didn't, I wouldn't wait until I got here for breakfast and a cuppa cappa." He then looked at his daily cream message. He returned the favor live and in person. "Blake. If I weren't so desperate I'd pour this on your head." With that he sipped the drink, savoring every drop. As he ingested the caffeine his entire demeanor changed. As he went over the events of the previous ten minutes his face contorted. He was, horrified, to say the least.

As he glanced up from his drink, he spoke in a childlike voice, "Blake... Did I really just yell at that girl?" He tried again in a stronger but still quiet voice, "Better question did I really just yell at a potential customer without any sort of remorse whatsoever and only you walked out to stop me?!" He sipped again in hopes of calming himself down, with little affect. "Oh my gosh. And the bosses saw! I could get reprimanded or suspended. Or worst. Fired! What did I do?!" He wailed in panic. He guzzled a little more coffee and gave himself an internal peptalk meanwhile pacing. 'Okay. Kitner. You are a prince. You've handled worst. Come on. You literally wscaped to a completely different universe. This isn't the end of the world just. Apologize and hope you don't see Fes within the next 24 - 48 hours.' He stopped, finished his coffee and took a deep breath.

He looked at Blake and smiled greatfully. "Thank you for the cuppa cappa, and for helping me out, even if you realy didn't mean to. You stopped me from finishing whatever extremely stupid thing I might have said or done." With that he walked out to the front as ready for the day as he would ever be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 am 

I have returned

Blake smirked at Kit’s weightless threats, picking up a cloth to polish the wooden bar while the boy drank. After a few seconds of silence, Kit began expressing remorse for his previous actions.
“Why yes, you did yell at the young lady.” Blake stated, raising his hand in a ‘but’ motion’. “However, you did not yell at a potential customer, but a prospective employee. And your words did little to quench her anticipation for a job. So as I see it, no harm, no foul. You’ll still likely get a talking too, but not much more than a slap on the wrist, maybe a late cleaning shift.” Blake put down the cloth as the morning rush began entering in earnest.
“But that’s for later, now begin serving the customers.”

Standing behind the register, Blake took orders, cooked, and brewed as the customers placed the orders. Most guests chose simple preprepared pastries, occasionally a sandwich. One guest ordered a plate of chicken lo mein, Blake had kit grab the noodles from the back. And every order came with a cup of coffee, which was often the item holding up the orders. Blake quietly wished the energetic girl would take the barista position.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Mary poked her head through the door towards the man Blake pointed to and grinned super wide before turning towards Blake. "Thank you! I will go talk to him now!" She turned around and ran straight in the the wall, missing the door. She wobbled back, rubbed her face and fixed her glasses before giggling and smiling guiltily. "Woopsy! Missed the door!" She then skipped right through the door and then stopped as she began to think. Who was she suppose to talk to again? Someone... someone... OH! Mary smiled as she began to skip towards the front cashier area and then looked up at a man standing there in awe.

Something about him... he looked boss like!

She skipped up behind the man and the women he was talking to unnoticed and stared at the book he handed to her. She tilted her head at it and then gasp before letting out a loud. "That's such an old book!!"

She giggled at herself before realizing that she had their attention and open-mouth smiled at Rune like a puppy. "Oh hi! That's an old book you have there. Though old books are the funnest books to read!" She giggled. "Hey, you're Mr. Rune sir yes? I'm Mary! I'm here for a job!"

She tilted her head and then rocked on her heels as she stared up at him with unblinking eyes. "I'm a hard worker and I like to talk and I like people and I like books and I like coffee though I was told I shouldn't have any.... Anyway! I'm Mary! Wait I've already introduced myself. Uuhh, how do job interviews go? Am I doing okay? I really do want a job. I'm a student but classes are so boring and I thought it would be nice to work in a book store and talk to people. OH hi miss! You're a customer right? You like this bookstore right? I heard a lot about it. Great book selection."

She paused and her face seemed to change with her mouth dropping into an O and her eyes going wide as if she remembered something. "OH OH that's right! You have no worries about me not fitting in you see. I'm a witch!!"