All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Lore Master was keeping an eye on her students and she was the head of the Academy so she could call this off if the test seem to be too much to for students.

"If a dragon does not choose you, you will not get a calling to the secret place where they are still in an egg. Only when an egg is ready to accept a rider, will it call out to see if there is one. The voice of the baby dragon will only reach to suitable dragon rider. If it does not happen this fall, then you will have a chance next spring. You will have other work to do and the magic classes to do." Lore Master Explained.

"I have lived in the village for 3 years and have yet to feel the calling. But it was not to be until after 100 years after the War. It will be either this year or next year. I have cleaned out the caves, planted, weeded and harvested food. I put up what I needed for the winter plus a bit more. The rest went to town to make money. In the winter, I worked on classes, crafts to sell and rested. I went out when I could, kept myself busy when I couldn't. That is how I have passed my time there."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Blog: View Blog (0)

As Mayleen spoke, Motto could hear that she too was very cold. She was sharing a lot of very interesting things about herself, but he struggled to concentrate on Mayleen’s words. Her discomfort bothered him. As she was asking about himself, Motto unfastened his shirt. Mayleen said something about Gypsies and he grabbed her arm. “Come here.” The young hunter pulled the girl close and wrapped his shirt around her shoulders; essentially squishing her against his bare chest. He’d done it for wolf pups and a sickly foal..he could do it for Mayleen too.

“I’m just a hunter. Not much to tell. My aunt taught me things but I..didn’t stay there long. I just live in a small place I built and … I hope to be useful..one day.” He immediately regretted mentioning his aunt, but Motto’s inner turmoil ended at the sound of his teacher’s voice.

The Lore Master’s words resounded within him. It was possible for him to fail by simply not being chosen. Motto was moved by the beauty’s humble admission of her own wait. He would model himself after her! Patience. Keeping busy. Learn all he could. Starting now. Motto swivled towards Nikolas with Mayleen still smushed into himself.

“You don’t seem bothered by the cold. Can you? Teach me?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Mayleen was happy to keep warm by Motto. She hugged her arms around his chest. She was shivering and her teeth chattered as Lore Master told about the hatchlings. Motto seemed to be shivering less. She stepped away from him and pulled the bone loops then wrapped her coat around him. His torso was cool and warmed quickly. She noticed he had well-developed muscles. He was older than his boyish face. His shoulders kept her cheeks warm. She closed her eyes as she warned and his heartbeat was comforting. He had a freckle and chest hair in the same pattern as her father. She was absolutely certain that Motto was her brother. She hugged him tighter and kissed his neck.

"Meh know yas meh etsah. Meh lik tah know more abo yah aunt. Meh happy yah hunter. Stag good. Built own lodge?" When he spoke to Nicolas she turned with Motto in the hope he could help. She never encountered any northern tribes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 am 

I have returned

The test had been going for only thirty minutes, and already most of the students where showing signs of frost. While the bird girl moved to the window by herself, and Student Nicholas sat in perfect content, Student Motto and the crafter girl began talking. It wasn't much surprise a Northerner had no problem with the cold. Listening to the chattering students gave Alma a name for the crafter girl. It also revealed that Student Mayleen was from a long line of sorceresses.

However, it soon transpired that Alma had to stop their bonding.
"Student Motto," Alma said, his voice sharp, "cuddling for warmth is considered helping each other. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room for a bit to warm up. In twenty minutes time you may reenter the room and begin the test from the start." Alma raised the piece of wood he had been carving, it resembled a man wrapped in thick furs.

"I hope you use that time to think of a more effective strategy for warmth."

As Motto responded to this order, Alma started another small speech. "Remember students, this test is not for my sake, but yours. I want you to make this test as effective as possible. Dancing and cuddling are efficient means of staying warm, but remember an important fact. While your classes and obligations will require you to stay awake for extended periods, you will eventually have to sleep. And you can't maintain warmth with movement or active magic when you're asleep. You can only rely on you're own personal strength, and the shelter you bring with you." Alma gave the nudge to the small carved man with the handle of his knife.

"If you feel the need to leave the room to more effectively prepare for this test, you may return in twenty minutes along with Student Motto and begin again." Alma then summoned a small slab of ice from his upraised palm, and began carving it as easily he had the wood. "As for how student Nicholas' ability to stay warm, that is a trait that can not be taught. And if it could, that would be assisting each other."

Last edited by Jack Spade on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 pm 

"Excellent clue, Dragon Master. Sometime all it takes is a simple clue as to what to do even though I already told what they needed to do earlier. Myself, I would have done something different and it is a simple solution to a simple problem." Lore Master spoke as she looked at the students who may need more clues than what she thought they would need.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm 

Mayleen grabbed Motto's hand and ran to her wagon. She rummaged through her belongings and found the trunk of leathers. She sold most of her hide except the ones she slept in. She gathered her new dress, leather strips, the three large hides, sewing kit, thread, and two rabbit pelt, and fleece. She quickly shared by the wagon with Motto, a leather strip, a hide, a needle, a spool of blue thread, one rabbit pelt with Motto. "In yah wagon are blankets an leather hides. I got cards n dice in my pack. Ya wants tah be some cold to stay awake." She wanted candy to stay awake and grabbed the whole sack after unlocking the box behind her seat. She lumbered into the inn with seconds to spare. "Ma wagon's mess but meh here."

She plopped everything on the table and draped the largest hide over it. She removed her coat and slipped her calico dress over her head and hide dress. The teen donned her hide and fur coat. She exposed her hand to sew up her hide shelter. She sat on the floor and tied the hide with leather strips to table legs. She removed her hood and placed the rabbit pelt on her head and knotted two strips together and tied one long strip over the pelt and under her chin in a bow. She removed a peppermint stick from the sack; took a bite; and left the sack on the table.

"Me not help if me no give candy. May anyone get candy from meh bag? Me gots cards n dice. May new tribe mates play?"

She stood and placed the fleece around her waist.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:58 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas listened to those speaking, the Lore Master, Motto, Mayleen. Teresa was off doing her own thing, and the Dragon Master was more concerned with the test than anything. When Motto turned to him with Mayleen held close asking if he could teach him how to not be bothered by the cold, Nikolas had to consider what his answer would be. Before he could say anything though, the Dragon Master was speaking.

He seemed to answer the question Nikolas had been asked. You couldn't exactly learn how to live in the cold, you just had to experience it. Cold was just the norm for him.

It was an interesting idea to have each of them have to fend for themselves as their first test. Nikolas knew that it could be seen as a problem, especially for those coming from more community based tribes where everyone helped each other no matter what. He had been raised in such a way, but had had experience with having to do things on his own. When it came down to it, sometimes the only person you could trust was yourself. It was a horrible way of thinking and acting, but sometimes it was the only way to survive in the harsh environments and unfavorable conditions.

As Mayleen pulled Motto off, Nikolas settled into his spot against the wall. He was still wearing the clothing he had brought with him from home, clothing that was made for cold weather so he saw no other reason to grab anything extra. Pulling up the hood of his jacket, Nikolas watched the Dragon Master carving the ice. He had seen some of the elders in his tribe doing such things and had always been fascinated by the intricate designs they could make without shattering the fragile material.

When Mayleen returned and began making up a little shelter, Nikolas was a little amused. He knew that other people reacted to the cold very differently, having already seen examples of this, but he had never thought it would get this extreme unless temperatures plunged even further to where exposed flesh was at risk.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:58 pm 

I have returned

Alma considered Student Mayleen’s proposal of candy, and decided that they had all properly gotten the idea by now. Sharing candy would be fine, but he had to word it in a way that still gave him a strict air.

“While giving them candy would be helping,” he said “if they ‘stole’ your candy that would be your own fault for not properly securing it.” A small smile played over his face, then he turned back to his ice carvings.

“Enjoy your cards, I’d love to join if it wasn’t for certain limitations.” Also if he could see color, his spell would show him everyone else’s cards as well. While cheap tricks where fair game in fights cheating is deplorable in games.

As the test progressed, a small army of ice sculptures was forming in front of Alma, all of different kinds of animals. Bears, cats, wolves, rabbits, a veritable hoard of frosty critters.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:00 pm 

"Dragon Master, I have had enough of the cold. I am surprised and disappointed in my students. If you were home what would you do? Light the fire of course!" Lore Master pointed at the fireplace where a sudden spark made a roaring fire.

"I am going to bed. But there is one last word that I have on this simple test. If one way does not work, usually another way can be found. Find it.
Good night one and all." Lore Master spoke as she easily picked up the money chest and 2 bags.

The door opened as she left the room.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:55 pm 

just passing through

Teresa listened to what Lore master said and was surprised when the fire place lit okay she was going to get use to seeing people use magic anytime soon Teresa did not know if this meant that they could leave the room now or what was happening. She watched the Lore master leave the room Teresa looked around the room the Lore master was disappointed in them Teresa was not use to having this happen she placed Razor on the floor and walked around the room. Teresa knew that she would have to try harder to make an impression on the Lore master and the other students Teresa stood up and looked around the room to see what the other students reacts to this would be.

Teresa went over to the table and slung the satchel over her shoulder and wondered if she should leave the room and head to her room and try and get some sleep. Teresa stood by the door for a moment opening it a little looking back into the room but stepped away and walked to one of the sides of the room sliding down the wall and sitting down on the floor she pulled another piece of wood from her pocket and began carving it. Teresa decided to carve the image of Razor halfway through she felt around her next and took a hold of her pendant around her next the small wooden dragon Teresa started to think about home how would they have reacted to this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 am 

I'm just here to RP

The Dragon Master’s rebuke caused Motto to distance himself from Mayleen with a clumsy movement accompanied by a startled grunt. Already he made another mistake!!! It was possible they would not take him if he did it again! He would have bowed several times while making his apologies had it not been for Mayleen’s enthusiastic tug. A boyish sound was his graceful response to the intimidating frost maker before the door slammed shut. His mind still stinging from the correction, Motto was hardly aware of his movements; snapping out of his daze only after Mayleen began to talk at the wagon side. Stay cold to stay awake. Good idea. He looked down the items Mayleen had shared with him uneasily and placed them in her wagon when he thought she might not notice. He then grabbed a handsome fur from his own belongings. It was strange to see all of those possessions and Motto scanned them with discomfort. ‘It’s not for me. It’s for my Dragon.’ He reminded himself, and returned to the inn with a brighter outlook. All he needed to do was to think of his Dragon and every challenge would melt away.

Once inside the frigid room again, Motto looked on as Mayleen busied herself with a structure of some kind and turned to the Dragon Master when he mentioned the candy. His eyes following the Master’s hands, Motto forgot his trepidation. “Waa those are …so grand!!!” The hunter gawked at the ice figurines and made several pleased sounds. “Hnnnnn that is so talented! OH. ONE EVEN HAS A HAPPY LOOK ABOUT HIM! Hooohhhhh~” The Loress’s voice made him stop and swivel to face her; her loveliness was even moreso with the expression she wore.

“I am surprised and disappointed in my students."

Motto’s heart sank. She was disappointed in him. It was easily the saddest he’d ever felt in his entire life in that brief moment, only to be followed by sheer amazement when she made a fire happen with a movement of her hand. The hunter’s jaw dropped. She was so wonderful!!! His previously broken heart now hammered in his chest as she bid them goodnight. “Good .. night..” He muttered after she had gone.

The fire’s warmth was not only her doing, but pleasant in it’s own right, and so Motto stood near it and enjoyed it with a hum of pleasure. A small movement out of the corner of his eye turned out to be the bird he’d seen earlier. Razor was it? The creature was walking about on the floor and sure enough it’s master was closeby. Motto decided it was time for him to befriend the red-haired girl and squat down next to her.

“My name is Motto.” A grin. “Looks like we’re students. Together.” He glanced around the room before returning his attention back to the dark skinned girl. “You’re not..” yawn, “..tired?”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 am 

No one even touched her bag of candy. She was disappointed not to share it or anyone made a move to play cards. She watched Teresa and Nicolas. The did not seem to mind the cold as she did. She felt horrible that they let Lore Mistress down. She did not know that the chimney was a heat source. She thought is was something for praying to. The gypsies caravans provided trading and the trading post had a black iron metal that ate wood. The top would boil liquid that was called Chickery. Her mother made hot liquid from plant leaves and relieved sore throats and coughs. Her ability to make fire from her fingers was astonishing. The teen looked at her hands and flicked them. The cards wavered a little as she stared at it. The one by one the cards lifted two inches off the ground.

She heard a faint voice deep in thought. She looked at the blind man puzzled, "Excuse Master Dragon Rider Chief, "Did yah say somethim? Meh see squirle. Be that yah next ice animal?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas turned his head sharply to face the Lore Master when she spoke, expressing her disappointment in them all. He watched her use magic to light the fireplace, causing a roaring fire to begin adding warmth to the chilled room.

Had he been at home would he have lit a fire? Maybe. But would it have been his first thought? No. He spent the majority of his time on the move and wood for fires was few and far between. If you were cold, you layered up and huddled for warmth, or if you were truly desperate you did some work to get the blood pumping.

She couldn't be disappointed in something that wasn't the go to answer. There were after all other ways of staying warm without having to burn things. And wouldn't lighting the fire have been considered helping the others as they all would have benefited from it?

He hoped this wasn't going to become a regular occurrence where they would all have to comply to the same way of doing things, regardless of their own cultures and beliefs. He had not signed up to forget everything that he was.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:30 am 

I have returned

Alma looked up from his ice carvings as Loress made her piece, leaving the room with a flaming exit. It seems she didn't quite like his teaching style. Well, he'd have to make sure tone it down a bit near her.

"Nothing of importance, student Mayleen." Alma answered, though he did raise the half finished ice carving up. "However, you are correct." It should not have been so readily apparent by this stage. The girl had a very good eye.

"I'll be staying in this room for the rest of the night," Alma declared to the students "if any of you would like to continue testing methods of staving off the cold, you are welcome to this room for that use." Alma placed the squirrel down on the table, and began making a owl. "And remember, I still have a second test for each of you, which will come at a later date. That test will be tailored to each of you individually. Once I have properly prepared one, you may take your test at any time." Alma made a casual wave towards student Nicholas with his carving knife. "I have already concocted your test, student Nicholas. You may begin your it any day after we depart. I suggest you prepare yourself."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 pm 

Mayleen began to feel warmer now there was a fire in the fireplace. Levating cards was not what she expected. She was surprised that Dragon Rider Master did indeed carve an ice squirrel. She was impressed by how realistic they were. The man really had a talent for not being able to see. She peered from her shelter and faced the man. She slowly approached him and held out her hands, "How is it ya can see without ya eyes. What ya spirits show? Ya gots nature powers, the great spirit, or inner inertia? Chief say me gots inner inertia. Me wants tah know where come from? Can ya learn me what names for inertia? I sees cold, lore master make fire, me cards move off tah floor, me hears ya in me head. Meh tribal mates fear meh in village. Thet says me demon or witch. Meh fear yah. An meh wants ta make enemies of tribe stuck in frozen water. No more can harm us. Me gots tha idea when ya make cold. Ya learn meh?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 pm 

just passing through

Teresa looked up from her carving to see Motto come over to her she did not mind him sitting beside her she smiled at him "it is great to meet you Motto". Teresa was excited at the idea of being a student she stopped carving and sat straight against the wall "it would appear so and it is a wonderful thing" Teresa looked around the room and though about his question. she had been used to not getting much sleep when her tribe went on large hunting trips. Teresa looked at Motto "I never really thought about it but not really I guess it is from tracking trips and hunting in my tribe." Teresa thought back to the times she had went hunting with her family and other members of the tribe " I guess I'm just used to not having much sleep which you don't get if you are on a hunting trip for tracking a heard of elk or deer."

Teresa looked down at Razor he was playfully walking around the floor and looking around the room he was sometimes over at another person in the room or was close by Teresa looked back at Motto she wanted to get to know everyone better " How about you tell me something about you Motto I mean if you don't mind I understand if you don't wish to". Teresa knew that she wanted to get to know everyone but did not want to make them uncomfortable or be to personal that was a few things that she needed to work on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“That makes sense..” Motto pointed at her with a new understanding on his face, “..when I’m on a hunt, everything changes. Eating and sleeping. All that.”

Motto rubbed his chin and though about how he needed to get his skills in order for his Dragon. It would need someone tough and calm like Nikolas or strong like the Dragon Master… All of them seemed to have the makings of good, strong, caretakers in one way or another. He couldn’t let his Dragon down. Starting now. Motto looked up from where he’d been staring hard at the floor to answer Theresa.

“I’m no one really. Just a..man. I keep to myself mostly. Near the brook. That was my home.” He already missed the water’s comforting sound. But Dragon Riders were strong and tough and so he needed get that way.

He stood and faced the Dragon Master. “I want to learn taking care of a Dragon in the cold. I can share my body’s warmth, right?” It was his only plan. If Motto wasn’t allowed to keep his Dragon close to his own skin, he was at a total loss on what to do. He shut his eyes and shook his head. “Tell me everything.” Then he remembered, “Please.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm 

Time passes and before long it was 3 AMand time to get ready to leave. The Inn Keeper hunts for the students and teachers for they were not where he expected them to be. When he found them, h said

"It is time to leave. You want to gather your belongings and be downstairs in the pub in 25 minutes. You will eat in your wagon. I will leave in 20 minutes to go to the Academy."

Last edited by The Creator 7 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:58 pm 

I have returned

Alma began to smile at student Mayleen’s tide of questions.
“Slow down there student, I can only answer so many questions at once.” Alma placed down the half finished owl, and began explaining.
“I see through magic, a spell known as Clairvoyance. It’s a form of mind magic, usually the spell is very difficult, and shows you a wide area far away. I made a modified version, far easier to maintain over long periods, and centered around myself. As exchange, the spell only shows my immediate surroundings. They all appear as colorless forms, with precise details like etchings on coins being blurred.
“The closest name to my magic would be inertia, as my magic comes from the dragon I originally raised. The most common name for these powers are magic, however sorcery is also common. I have command of ice, dark, and mind magic.” Alma then motioned towards Mayleen.
“You are what is known as a natural, capable of using magic without aid of another being. Your dragon will enhance those powers, but you will likely be more powerful than others in the end.” Alma’s smile fades slightly.
“People often fear those with abilities they don’t understand. Do not blame them for that, it is natural to fear what is unknown. I will not harm you, I want nothing but to see you all succeed. Wanting to protect those you love is a good reason to fight. Use that drive to push yourself. Everyone needs a reason to exceed yourself.”

Alma laughed when Motto jumped up. This one was very energetic.
“Calm down student Motto, there will be plenty of time to learn. Yes, you can share your warmth, but we will be learning many more effective means of warmth later. It all depends on the dragon you have. For now, prepare for the trip.”

Come morning, Alma was sleeping in the chair he had been sitting in. Upon being awoken by the inn keeper, he picked up his bag and walked into the main pub area, waiting for all to arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 pm 

Lore Master had put on her normal attaire for working. She soon became grumpy for she liked her finery but she had a job to do. She packed up her few things and put her backpack on. Her cloak went over her body. She made a final check then picked up the money trunk and headed down the stairs.

"Good morning, Dragon Master. I hope the students are able to get down here shortly so we can be off. My test starts at the mouth of the cave system. Do you have any plans? Are you going to drive your wagon load or do I need to hire one to do it?" she asked as she looked about to make sure that all was ready and waiting for the students.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next