All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Slowly your hearing comes back and your sense of taste leaves your body slowly. You didn't realize that your very own mouth had a certian taste to it. So you try a drink ir perhaps a bit of bread or cheese from the basket.......

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alma really hated this part of the tunnel. The sudden need to drink or eat, just to put a taste on your tongue was maddening. He could now hear the students behind him, he did not look forward to hearing their shock. The loss of hearing was the most surprising part of the tunnel, as it always caught everyone flatfooted. By the later sections, you usually figured out what was coming, so nothing quite caught that sudden sense of loss.

Even knowing this, it didn't stop Alma from furiously chewing on his trail mix, seeming to hope that he'd be able to overpower the cave's magic by way of jerky. He recalled one of his old classmates, who had lost his tongue when captured by savages. Apparently the tunnel gave a rather similar feeling, even though you could still feel your tongue the loss of taste was the most noticeable part. Absentmindedly biting his own tongue to make sure it was still there, Alma mentally prepared himself for the next section.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Breathing. His own breathing. Motto’s sharp ears picked up on the hint of sound and he nearly choked. It was a tremendous relief to detect the noise and to sense it returning in full. Without realizing it, the young hunter had been shaking during the terrifying ordeal. Now that he was more aware of his surroundings with the horses footfalls and the delicate echo they created against the ancient walls, he could have hope. The wheels of his wagon sqeaking and turning, the jar of beans jangling just behind him.. each sound was comforting and then he remembered.

He’d been chewing. Only now it was just…grit in his mouth. Wet and pasty grit. No more earthy tastes and the flavor of chocolate was gone as well. Relaxing in his seat, Motto chewed happily. The blanket of black was tolerable now that he could hear the other wagons and a hundred tiny nuisances belonging to each one. Reaching back, the hunter grabbed another handful of the forgotten yuck and tilted his back while letting it fall into his open mouth. It was dry, but nothing a little drink couldn’t fix.

"Hey Teresa!" He called to the wagon before his, “Is it …black where you are?” For a brief moment Motto wondered if he had gone blind or something. Maybe he’d never see again. A blind man at the age of twenty four. He would be a burden unless he got the hang of things without aid. Still chewing, he closed his eyes and held the reigns with a lighter touch. He concentrated on the tension of the straps and lurching of the wagon on what might be soil.. ‘I can maybe survive just fine on my own as a blind man.’ He thought.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas soon found his hearing to be coming back slowly, the creak of the wagons, and the echoes in the cave greeting him after the brief period of silence. Settling with the sense returning to him, Nikolas noticed something else that was off, not necessarily in an extreme way, or even all that noticeable.

So this was how the tunnel worked. Taking away each sense one by one, returning that which was stolen before taking another. It was irritating if anything as Nikolas tried to figure out what the point of this was. To what purpose did losing your senses prove?

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm 

just passing through

Teresa was glad to hear the sounds of the wagons and the click of the horses hooves she gave a sigh of relief she loosened the grip on her reigns looking around the tunnel it was still dark she had not been paying any attention to the others until she heard Motto’s question “yes it is dark for me as well” Teresa thought about what this tunnel could be and the only answer was that each section was a test where each sense was taken away and when they entered another part of the tunnel the sense that was taken away was given back and another sense was taken in its place. Teresa didn’t know what this tunnel had taken away but to be far she didn’t really care because if it was not sight or hearing she was fine with it because those were the most important senses to have as a hunter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:04 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Mayleen was still barely able to see in the dark. She lit the small lanterns that hung from the sides of the driver's seat. She took a swig of cider and tasted nothing. The sound of horse hooves and wagon wheels returned. She heard the faint whispers of voices and the neighing of horses. "This is an odd tunnel, Dragon Master. Are all tunnels like this? Meh can't taste meh apple cider. Is like water only no taste."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:27 pm 

As the students' taste returned, it in vengence for their tongues now have many tastes which ended up becoming the most foul taste ever tasted. Meanwhile, while of the returning of the tastes, the sense of smell left them. No matter what the taste in the mouth was, there as absolutly no smell at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm 

I have returned

As they left the tasteless section of the cave, Alam began furiously swishing his mouth, a trick that helped relieve the horrid taste of regaining taste. Popping a few pleasant tasting fruit into his mouth, he took a deep breath through his nose.

Smell was one of the most subtle senses, often fading into the back of your mind. However, it was also the most tied to memory. Alma’s mind flashed back to the first time he crossed the tunnel. He had actively clawed at his tongue to get the taste off, and hadn’t noticed the lack of smell until just before they left this section. It was then he realized what was coming next.

Alma firmly shut his mouth, crossed his arms, and leaned his elbows against his knees.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 am 

I'm just here to RP

Teresa’s answer was a welcome relief. Sighing loudly, Motto opened his eyes to the thick darkness all around him and enjoyed the awareness his ears afforded him. All of sudden, he remembered the granola..except it wasn’t granola. Motto lurched forward and puked. And puked. And puked. The horses’ ears flattened at the offending noise and gave the wagon an agitated jerk; sending the student back into his seat with a bang.

The former hunter was too caught up in the revolting experience on his tongue to even notice the sudden lack of scent. Motto turned and rummaged through the contents of his wagon and found a water pouch. Groaning, he opened it and tried to rinse his mouth out. This only resulted in more coughing and gagging much to the horses’ annoyance. Who made granola with sawdust and dirt anyways? Damn gypsies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:36 pm 

Mayleen was happy to get her taste back as she drank apple cider and the sweetness reappeared. She noticed something odd. The smell of rock and earth mixed went missing. She sniffed the mug of cider and no tartness. In the dark she noticed her smell was heightened. She was void when she sniffed the air. No smell. This place was odd and she frowned. "When can we get out. Meh no like this TUNNEL." The horses whined in agreement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:15 pm 

Nikolas wasn’t surprised when his sense of taste came back just as his smell left. He grimaced at the taste in his mouth, but remained mostly unmoving as the horses plodded along. The faint earthy scents of the cave gave way to nothingness, of course, dulling the taste in his mouth at the same time, the two senses being connected.

If things were to proceed as expected, touch would be the only sense left to leave. Settling in, Nikolas hoped they were nearing the end of this damned cave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 pm 

just passing through

Teresa was really getting fed up with this tunnel the entire idea of stealing one sense at a time she was looking forward to the end of this tunnel Teresa tightened her grip on the reigns she noticed the awful taste in her mouth the earth smell of the tunnel disappeared Teresa just wanted out of this tunnel right now and was beginning if all of this was really necessary. Teresa looked around at the tunnel she could only really she her own wagon, and horses but she could hear the others near her. She wondered if they were fed up with the tunnel as much as she was right now but she didn’t really feel like asking or talking to anyone right now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:33 am 

If you thought the earlier passage ways were annoying and not worth the time of the day, prepare yourself for a new lesson.....A more disturbing one.....Where unseen things touched you very softly at first then harder as you kept going......Can you survive this section?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am 

I'm just here to RP

Motto didn’t notice it at first. He assumed the silent numb sensations or lack thereof were another wave of nausea. But it worsened and panic began to set in. His attempt to grip the reigns tighter did nothing to secure his hold on them and Motto wondered if he was even in his wagon anymore. A confused grunt escaped him as the black nothing seemed to take him and play with him..was he swept up in it somehow? Floating?

Scrambling to find a handhold or footing, the former hunter touched nothing and cried out in alarm. Was he turning? Was he lost? A dull thud met his ears and Motto was thankful. There was ground somewhere by the sound of it. The wagon’s creaking continued the whole while, an unusual groan of it’s wheels made him think that perhaps it was straining to roll over a large rock. An unnerving crack was heard and Motto reached out to get himself to something.. anything. Horses hooves sounded louder now and almost as if they passing above him.

“Help! I’m ….caught by something. Guys..” Motto tasted blood and struggled to breathe. The darkness was consuming him and more awful snapping noises accompanied the sound of wagons passing over him. Motto coughed and heard himself wheezing in a terrible way.

“Someone ..help me..”

The darkness took him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 am 

Mayleen moved her team forward the taste and smell returned. She was holding the rains and could no longer feel then. She felt a pain in the pit of her stomach. She had the feeling that something was wrong with a party member. She was frantic, "Who is hurt? I can't feel my hands or feet. Dragon Master! What do we do? I am stopping my wagon."

Mayleen stopped the team and waited for a reply. She knew someone was hurt and felt helpless as she could not feel the wagon under her. She knew she had to try to help. She held onto the wagon as she jumped and she felt like she was walking on air. She ran to the wagons behind her.

"Teresa are you alright? Please help me find who's hurt?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:18 pm 

Nikolas was trying to imagine what it would be like to not have a sense of touch, that being the only sense left to be taken. He had heard stories in his tribe of people who had gotten frostbite so severe that all feeling in the fingers, the hand, or the foot was simply gone. It was hard to think of what the lack of feeling would feel like.

It wasn’t long before Nikolas no longer had to imagine, except what he had been thinking of was nothing like what actually happened. Instead of the sense being taken away, touch was used. Unseen things brushed his exposed skin, or touched his shoulders, his back. At first it was simply a process of shrugging off the light touches, as though they were nothing more but a moth, or some other insect, but soon the touches became much more persistent, stronger, like actual hands pressing against him. It was disturbing to not be able to see whatever it was.

All the old ghost stories he had heard growing up came back to him, stories of people getting lost in snowstorms, wandering off cliffs, or being attacked by feral dogs for seemingly no reason. As much as he knew what he was feeling wasn’t real, the strange feelings still had Nikolas tense, ready to spring into action despite still being blinded.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:20 pm 

just passing through

Teresa was not expected to have the wagons stopped but she pulled on the regines even though she could not feel them or the wagon below her it was odd Teresa hadn’t heard anyone her smell had returned but as they stayed in this part of the tunnel it felt as if something was touching her lightly then more harsh as it went on Teresa put her head down and prayed to her ancestors for protection of whatever was going on in this tunnel. Teresa only looked up when Mayleen addressed her Teresa looked down at where Mayleen was “yes I fine and I will help you find them. Teresa jumped down from her wagon but it was weird she did not feel the ground beneath her feet it was as if she was walking on air this was strange she silently prayed to the ancients again to protect her and her classmates from whatever was happening.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:54 pm 

Wizardess was not happy that the line stopped moving for some reason. But she sat there and waited for the students figure out what was going on. Somehow she did not think that any of them would. The exit was coming up and she could only hope that the students would figure out what was going on. If they didn't the would find out when they parked. The she hoped that they will realize what happened with the old Dragon Riders and their difficulties were and what solution they finally figured out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 pm 

Mayleen felt better when she could feel the floor of the cave. When she walked it felt like she was walking on pins and needles. She hurried faster to the wagons behind her. She felt like gnats swarmed around her. She felt Nikolas horse and looked up at him, "Are you hurt? Meh knows someone's in pain. Teresa is with me." She held her lantern up to see him. Dang bugs, what's that ... whose there, Teresa? I can't see who or what is tapping me. Hey! Stop pushing me! Teresa quit! You're in front of meh? What in blazes..."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 pm 

As the students and/or horses emerge into the tunnel of bright light, they should feel warmer even though the light would be too bright for anyone to see anything.

As Wizardess Mystique rode along, her senses noted that not all of her students stayed on the wagon like she expected. In fact one had somehow fallen out of the wagon. She frowned as she rode onward. She ignored the tiny nips of imanginary bugs and tiny hands the touched her. Her senses were not focused on her but on what was going on ahead. She knew that her horse would alert her to any real danger. She only could use her nonmagical abilities since this was a magical tunnel which would change her magic to something she would not be able to control. She simple rode on until she would happen to run into them which in that case her horse would stop in its tracks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8