All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Alma took the seat as Lore Master asked him too, and he carefully studied the four students with his sight. There was the Motto boy from before, probably a social recluse of some kind, but he was a rather energetic child. As those two don't usually match up, Alma figured he must be unaccustomed from most people, a hermit's child or some such. Then there was the other boy, whom must be Nicholas as no other boy was present. He looked like a northerner, based on height, build, clothing, and most importantly weapons. This boy was likely already a fighter, Alma would enjoy turning him into an exceptional warrior. Next the two girls, Alma started to determine which was apparently planning to build her own shelter. This didn't take long as younger looking of the two had evidently made her own clothes. That left the other girl the only one Alma knew nothing about.

Having identified the children, Alma began to drop the rooms temperature. Nothing major, just a few degrees a minute, but as Lore Master talked it would slowly approach the average temperature of the caves in the coming months. Alma gave a small sadistic smile, time to play whom breaks first. His money was either Motto, or the girl of unknown origin.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Motto hadn’t fully recovered from his embarrassing mistake in the pub when the tribe girl entered. He took note of her scent as she seated herself next to him and was surprised to see that she had salvaged some of the money he’d been given. She seemed to know a lot, and Motto was still troubled by what she mentioned earlier about his father when the tall warrior Nikolas entered. Before he could form the right question, the LoreMaster came in as well as a man that exuded something powerful. The young hunter’s neck hairs stood on end while he kept his attention on the Princess Dragon lady. Somethin’ was off about the new guy and Motto’s gut told him to be very cautious. A peppermint stick hovered in his field of vision and Motto blinked at it. It was candy of some kind by the look of it. He accepted it and took a loud bite only to choke on it when the girl said,

“…Yas sur looks lik Papa…”

DID SHE REALLY KNOW HIS FATHER?! It hurt on so many levels, he was speechless. It was then the Loress began to address the room. Another unexpected pang of grief struck when she explained about the letters and families. He wouldn’t be needing any of that but it was interesting to hear about the dragon’s mate. If Motto understood it correctly, he was to care for an egg, a caged messenger dragon’s mate, and a horse.

“I pick ten!” Motto found himself standing and his chair knocked over. He’d shouted just then. Somehow all of the information and pressure got mixed up and he made a bit of an outburst. Slowly, he righted his chair and sat down in it again.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Mayleen picked up on his pain. She was going to speak but Lore Mistress began talking. All would have to wait. She was going to have a Pygmy dragon. Her whole being shook with excitement and she rubbed her hand together. All around her was a light glow of yellow light that vanished. She touched Motto's arm and she felt deep sorrow.

Then Lore Mistress mentioned it would be kept in a cage. The teen immediate made a mental note to get twigs, food and water cups, crimping tool, and nesting material for the pygmy. She would make a vest out of fleece and leather...
She caught onto an expression change on the bandaged face. Her cheeks felt colder and the rest of her was toasty warm. She leaned over to see if someone left the inn door open. She got up and closed the door to the room. The looked at the map as she returned to her seat.

She patted her cheek and felt her lips. They were still cool. She looked again at the man in front of her. He looked the same as chief or shaman when projecting inertia. She knew it was not polite to stare. The air felt colder. When Lore Master asked for rooms she always likes getting out first and liked the color of the playground. She waited for Motto to get his chair straight before she stood up, "Lore Mistress mey likes room 2. Do it hav a window see? Me gots plaything when we's snowed in."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

"I am afraid that there are no windows at the moment. I am working on a way to keep the windows in their frame when winter comes. I place you in Cave 2, Student Mayleen and Student Motto, you will be in cave 10.
Student Teresa and Student Asterous, have you decided what you would like for a cave?" Lore Master Spoke.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 pm 

just passing through

Teresa had been in the meeting room for a while now as the Lore master spoke to them she had felt a slight change in the temperature but not enough to bother her much. Teresa came closer to the table and looked the map over I'll take cave six Teresa then listened on about the Pygmy dragons she looked up at Razor who was perched at the far end of the room he did not get along very well with small creatures calling Razor over Teresa held her arm out to catch him "hey Razor how do you feel about sharing a cave with me, a dragon and a Pygmy dragon Razor turned he head sideways and then went to cleaning his feathers. Teresa shook her head and guessed that was a yes from him Teresa crossed the room the where she had been and sent Razor back to where he had been since she had a Pygmy dragon maybe Razor could help for hunting or fishing she didn't really want to sent him back to her father.

Teresa was excited to get to this school already she wanted to get into the cave and maybe unpack and train her defensive fighting techniques she also wanted to get the dragon egg and raise it as her own she knew that this opportunity was the best thing to happen to her and the clan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas wasn't all that shocked about having to rely on themselves until spring, that was just a normal part of life. The letter part was a little concerning though. Being from a nomadic tribe, there was really no telling where his family would be right now. They sort of had a usual route, but depending on weather, animal migrations, hunting conditions, and any number of other things, that could change. How to locate them: wandering the entire northern tundras until either a) they were found or b) you got lost and froze to death. Not a good option. What would happen to the mate of the Pigmy he was to get? If it had nowhere to get messages from...? The comment on these dragons not being able to live in the cold was another check mark against not having one. He lived in the cold, his people lived in the cold, everything was cold.

Looking at the map, Nikolas felt this place would be warmer than his home climate, even if the Lore Master had said it got cold. The sudden outburst from Motto drew his attention and Nikolas silently raised an eyebrow as he watched the boy right his chair and once more sit down. Calmly looking the map over once more he made his decision.

"I would like Cave 7." He answered.

It didn't go unnoticed that the temperature in the room was dropping. Nikolas looked to the door as Mayleen closed it. Why would the temperature have suddenly dropped? Nothing had changed from the last time they had met in here, apart from Motto who didn't appear as though he was the source, and the mysterious newcomer.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 am 

I have returned

Alma noted that the crafter girl was the first to note the cold, looking for the chill's source. Delicate senses, the mark of a innate mage. He would have to note that when giving her test. More curious was the look she gave him, almost like recognition. Could it be she had figured out he was the true culprit? It may not have taken a mastermind to figure out that one but, that slight stare she gave him. she had experience with magic users before. Interesting, very interesting.

More important, Alma now had an identifying feature for the second girl, specifically her bird. Good with animals, if that takes hold she'll be the most effective rider. In all it left the four students nicely divided by skill. Nicholas the fighter, crafter the mage, birdie the rider, and Motto the wild card. Alma did quite like it when the universe aligned itself in convenient manners. Of course, it was all speculation at this point, but this made developing tests for the four of them easier for now.

As he continued his analysis of the students, Alma continued dropping the temperature. It now felt like a cool autumn night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 am 

"Student Teresa in cave 6 and Student Nikolas in 7. We are leaving at 3 hours before sunrise. If anyone has any questions or concerns about anything including finding your tribe or assigned Pygmy Dragon, I will answer them after class.
That is all that I have except for introducing our last person. Please listen to the Dragon Master. Dragon Master, feel free to talk to the Students then we shall go to bed. " Lore Master spoke as she began to jot down a few notes.

She was tired and wanted to get home. She still had much to do and not enough time to do it in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm 

I have returned

Alma stood when Lore Master motioned to him. He’d have to become accustomed to being called Dragon Master, but for now it was time to play drill instructor.

“Thank you Lore Master, it’s good to be here.” The warm smile dropped from his face, and the temperature in the room started falling faster. It was now equivalent to a winter night.
“However, I am less enthused about our prospective students. I would rather have had a large selection to cull for the best, but I can do the same with these.” He leaned forward, placing his hands on the table with a hard thud. His mouth opened in a smile of pure malice.

“I am going to give you each two tests. The first begins now.” The already dropping temperature went into sudden free fall, stopping a few degrees lower than the caves average. Unless they lived on a glacier, this was likely the coldest they had ever experienced.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:02 pm 

I'm just here to RP

“Three hours before sunrise..” Motto muttered to himself. He knew then and there he’d sleep in his wagon just to be sure. As the Princess continued, the young hunter felt the air’s chill but he assumed it was his own nerves from the thrill of his situation. The beauty then introduced the newest stranger and Motto felt himself shudder. Or was it is shiver? Regardless, he sat straighter and held his breath without meaning to as the Dragon Master began speaking.

“I am going to give you each two tests. The first begins now.”

“…Dah!!” Motto winced from the drastic wintery cold that seemed to seep into his very bones. It had sorta snuck up on him, and now he sat tense and wide-eyed as the terrifying man grinned and tested him. After a confused glance at the other students, Motto wondered if they were in danger. He’d do his best to keep them safe, but he wasn’t much against a man like that Dragon Master guy. Something about him spelled danger and Motto’s instincts told him to get away. The raven opted to stay where he was and keep calm in order to act quickly should anything happen. His jaw gave a slight twitch and Motto’s legs were ready to kick his chair back and propel onto the table in order to take down the grinning foe.

Last edited by Gon Pro Hunter on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:34 pm 

Mayleen was happy Lore Master considered a window see. She was nice and easy to talk to. The sorcerer, on the other hand, was no different than the warriors that plagued the village yearly. A strange race of men called Ordain deceptive and deadly. She knew at once this bandage man was up to no good.

She did not sit back down bit decided to dance in a small circle. Moving the body was best in cold. She was without a doubt shivering. Summer. Sun. Heat. She set her mind to fire..to dangerous indoors. Warmth ah yes. A blanket of fur. What were we taught beside making fire. Light..sun bright light. She closed her eyes and a momentary white light emitted around her and turned yellow. She kept her eyes closed and in a circle skipped to a tribal wolf dance.

The bandaged man has powerful inertia and I should avoid his attention or try to make a friend. Chief always says keep your enemies close and avoid confrontation unless a last resort. Best to keep to myself and learn from the situation.

She opened her eyes watched to man's gestures however slight. Seeing he had the ability to make the room so cold ice would form. Oh, this what I will do. Why was he blind? Injury or inertia. To change the weather upon the Ordain would be lucky. Would trapping them in blocks of snow...no ice. Keep them from using inertia. But how...blind man? He know...he ...Oh! He here because of Lore master. He teach...no they ...

"Dragon Masters, You learn us!" The teen covered her mouth, dropped to her knees, lowered her torso over her knees, and looked at the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm 

I have returned

Alma was enjoying the fear Student Motto was showing, until the crafter girl started yelling at him. His dark smile turned to a look of mild surprise and concern.
“Well, maybe theatrics are a bit much for you children. Let me explain the test: this room is currently the same temperature as your caves will be for the next few months. And they don’t get much warmer the rest of the year. You are each to spend three consecutive hours in this room, and you are not allowed to aid each other in anyway except example. Also, I would caution against the use of fire, you don’t want to burn the inn down.”

Alma sat himself back into his chair, crossing his arms and kicking his feet onto the table.
“This is not a test of whether you are admitted to Draganopia, that decision is Lore Masters. This is a test of whether you should go in the first place. If you can’t last 3 hours in these conditions, how do you expect to survive 3 months in them.”
Alma pulled a small knife from his bag along with a piece of wood, and began carving.
“You may begin at any time.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm 

A test a cold snap spell. She got up and began singing a song that the missionaries taught. If the man was telling true it was not as cold as being on her naming initiation. She and fellow initiates were out in the elements, camped on the tallest mountain. It was colder than the room. The cave would be comfortable in summer. She settled in her seat and entertained herself making symbols to adorn her coat. As the dragon rider sat at his desk. Three hours what can we do. She looked at Motto, "Meh learn you Bear Dance. No worry with words."

She faced Nicholas, "May meh have drum beat ....dum dum dum...dada dada...dum dum dum repeat? While Motto is bear, Theresa you and meh be bees we do a step hop step step...step hop... step step. Motto, you shift yah weigh one foot then other. Lore Master, Dragon Mater yah want tah join?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:57 pm 

just passing through

Teresa listened to the new man in the room she did not entirely trust him but she listened to him feeling the rooms temperature drop dramatically Teresa called Razor quickly over to her she had been in extreme temperatures once when her family had moved locations they had to pass through an area that was cold like winter all year round. The fur cloak she had brought with her was helping to keep her warm in the room but she worried for Razor he was not used to these types of temperatures but she knew he would be fine . Teresa listened to Mayleen “I would love to do that but my tribes traditions are much different from your's Mayleen and even though I love to partake in other traditions I’m not one for joining another tribes dance I’m sorry” Teresa walked to one side of the room and held her carved pendant of a dragon remembering a song her mother had taught her humming the tune she looked out the window to see outside.

Teresa was not a big fan of magic being used as a test for her she was not too affected by the cold of the room but her hands and feet were beginning to get cold. Teresa kept thinking back to her mother when she had come back to the tribe with her dragon which was a beautiful fire dragon Teresa had asked many questions to her mother about her time at this school and all she said that it was worth it. Teresa walked around the room slowly trying to stay warm while Razor stood on her shoulder he was still warm and she could feel it through her cloak it was a reassuring feeling for her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:13 pm 

Mayleen understood where Teresa was coming from as she watched she hold her bird and walk around the room. "Teresa we are own tribe now. We make own dances. What if yah put Raisor down and we watch him. If he dances or moves talon. We call Raisor dance."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:11 pm 

Lore Master frowned at Dragon Master before looking at the students. She did not have a jacket on for she was used to this kind of weather.
"I believe that it will be a very short night. In fact, perhaps no sleep. One of the things that you must get used to at times. You may have to go three or four days without sleep. You will be so tired that you will be stumbling. You will be sleeping on your feet so lightly that you can hear what is going on.
You will need to devise your own way of staying awake while on duty and yet be able to do your chores as well as your classes the next day. You may talk among yourselves and move about as you feel like."

She worked on cleaning up the room and putting things away where they belong. Something that she always did when she finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:27 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

As the temperature continued to drop, Nikolas felt more at home than he had since coming to the inn. This was nothing compared to what he was use to!

It was nice to finally have something to call the newcomer by, Dragon Master. It was a unique title, but Nikolas didn't question it. The man had likely earned it, and he was not one to question. He heard the Lore Master say they would be heading to bed shortly. It was still early, at least that's what the northerner thought, but considering they would be leaving three hours before sunrise, it made sense to have an early night.

As the Dragon Master began to speak, and the temperature took a plunge, Nikolas watched the man with caution clear on his face. This was not something he tried to hide behind a mask, he was cautious of this man already. When the temperature seemed to level off, Nikolas curiously looked to the others to determine how they were reacting. He had grown up in temperatures similar to this, of course, he had had the company of his tribe with him to get through it.

Mayleen seemed to have a good idea of moving around to keep warm, smart. From what he could tell she wasn't from a cold climate and thus would not be accustomed to such temperatures. He raised an eyebrow at her apparent use of magic to make a bright light glow around her. Some sort of mage? He had encountered very few of such people in his life. Nikolas' attention once more returned to the Dragon Master. Three hours! True it wasn't that long, but with nothing to do, it would sure feel like it, not to mention be a waste of time they could be using for other things. Considering they also weren't allowed to help each other, this was going to be a long three hours.

Listening to Mayleen explain this dance of hers, Nikolas wasn't too thrilled. He wasn't opposed to learning about other cultures, but this was a little too outside of his comfort zone. They had, after all, only met not that long ago.

No sleep? This was becoming a test of endurance then. There had been days when he had gone without sleep for a few days, sometimes simply because the tribe needed extra hands with something, were moving and required assistance with scouting, or helping the elders, or sometimes from being on hunting trips. The idea of going for extended periods without sleep wasn't a new concept. The one difference that stood out to Nikolas was that following these extended periods, long periods devoted to sleep took place. A time to recover.

Sitting back in his chair, Nikolas crossed his arms, simply resting, trial or not.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07 pm 

Mayleen found no one liked her idea. The Loremaster accepted the situation and explained no sleep. This was a test she scowled and pushed her hood up. She wrapped her arms around her body and hopped around staying warm. Tomorrow would be a long day without sleep. Many warriors stay up for days. The longest she was awake was three days and nights. The mourning ritual. The time of no food, no sleep, and endless dancing and chanting. The whole tribe wound huddle in a sweat tent and roll in the snow and sweat more. This was a walking on the bunny trail compared. The visions were creepy. Least now she could talk to Motto."

She skipped to Motto, "What do think about all this? Initiation tests, dragons, and we are rich."

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Motto was reluctant to the tribe girl’s Bear Dance, but he nodded and kept an eye on the Dragon Master. Before he even had a chance to attempt the dance, the Loress was speaking again. His teacher’s calm voice was a great comfort to him and Motto sat a little taller while she warned about their upcoming hardships. He would be tough and strong. Motto could go without sleep for that long..AND in the cold. She would be proud of him! The hunter shivered and wrapped his arms around himself. He noticed Nikolas was untroubled by the test as the female students went back and forth about how to stay warm. Three hours was a good amount of time to ask questions and get to know the others. It was likely he would something from them all.

"What do think about all this? Iniation tests, dragons, and we are rich."

Motto turned to the girl and smiled. “I..think it’s ..exciting. Wait..we’re rich?” His smile dropped. Money didn’t mean much to him, and in his private opinion wealth meant trouble but he said nothing about it. “So..what do I call you? I’m sorry if you already told me your name. I sometimes forget things.” He was apprehensive about bringing up his father with her in front of everyone. It was important but it stirred up hard feelings. Too hard for a small room filled with strangers. “Uh..Loress?” He rubbed his arms a few times and looked to where the Lore Master was tidying things up. “What happens if the dragon doesn’t choose you? I mean, it’s possible, right? A dragon just sort of leaves..even if you tried your best? D-do you get a second chance?”

His teeth were beginning to chatter. Without thinking, Motto moved his hands into his armpits and pressed his elbows against his sides. As he stood there, the young man maintained an awareness of those in the room with him with the Dragon Master as the main focus. This test was his doing, and even though it seemed like enduring the cold was the only challenge the powerful man still worried him. Motto did his best to watch him without provoking him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm 

Her teeth chattered but cold was only felt when the tribe excaped to the mountais and lived in dragon caves. The Master Dragon Rider made the room so much colder. She could only hold the light of warmth in short burts. The bangadged man said to help each other. Seemed odd to her after all they would have to become their own tribe. She looked at Nicholas and he was not enen moving. He must have experienced weather of extreme cold. He was not phased by the powers of the blind man.

She know Teres was coping by looking at the window see. "Motto, mey name be Mayleen. My tribe name be Atwala. Means warlight. Meh make light and scared all. Meh thinks why here? Elders say meh family from dragon rider Mage or William "StormWiz" Mc Crey. He be nat tural wizzard. What that mean? Meh no know. Shaman say Mage or made storm in battle an not seen. Him dragon name Iron Claw. We talk later about Papa. Yah tell about yah. Yah talk town good. Lik Gypsie"

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next