All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:41 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Lore Master spoke as she pulled a small trunk out from under the table. She unlocked it.
"Each of you will receive a bag of coins. Fifty of each copper, bronze, silver and gold as a sign on bonus. You will get this money one time. The rest of the money you will earn while you are at Dragonopia Academy. I will explain what you may do to earn more money when we have class.

Across the street is a gypsy store. There will be wagons with trunks and supplies for us. Each student will receive one wagon with following items:
One trunk will contain pieces of leather.
One trunk that contains a hand press and dies.
One trunk that contains metal and a shape cutter.
One trunk that will contain leather protective garments.
One trunk that will contain various beads and such ornaments.
One trunk that will contain a variety of books such as Leather Making, Basket Weaving, Herbal Gardening, and other useful informational books. “ she spoke as she placed a bag of coins in front of each student.
“All magick books are at Dragonopia and I will issue you them as you need them. I have wands and staffs as well if you wish to learn how to use them.

This is what you need to buy for yourself. You will want to get a bed, table, chairs, kitchen equipment, blankets, at least 4 buckets, an axe, saw, baskets. If you want other things, buy it now for we will not be back here until spring. Of course you will want to barter with them for they will expect you to do so. There are wagons for you to put your items in. I have assigned you to a wagon. You will be driving these wagons tomorrow. There is no need to get food stuff because I have plenty in Dragonopia and there should be more on a few wagons waiting for us to take.
Gypsys expect a little bit of bargaining so don’t settle for the first price. But do haggle in a respective way. They do not have to bring goods to us. They don’t need us but we need them. They will leave before the snow falls then come back in the spring.
Are there any questions?"

((We will stop here to let Teresa/Rainbow to catch up.))

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 am 

just passing through

Teresa listened to the lore master speak she picked up the satchel and signed it and placed the box inside the satchel Teresa's attention was pulled to the lore master when she began to talk about the ancient dragon riders. Teresa knew that her mother had come here and she was a a dragon rider Teresa had been fascinated by her mother when she had come back to the tribe with her large dragon. Teresa continued to listen to the lore master but did not like how the lore master had said that they were destroyed by their own powers because Teresa knew differently her mother had been killed by an enemy of this school. how she knew this was that her mothers dragon came back with her mothers helmet this helmet was the one that her father had given her to bring here to remind her or her mother and of family.

Teresa listened to the laws she was not really that worried about them in her clan they had many rules and laws but she stayed quite when Mayleen stand up and ask another question it was respectable to others when someone else was talking. Teresa began to assume that Mayleen was one that ask many questions but she still always respected others when they talked and Teresa was one to respect her fellow students and in her clan she would always respect her elders.

Hearing the answer Teresa thought about how her mother had gone here and went through this with out seeing family for so long she took one final looked around the room and decided that she was ready for this. Teresa took and piece of rope from her pocket and threaded it in her wooden dragon pendant and tied it around her neck the wooden pendant on her chest the symbol of the tribe a long time ago.

Teresa looked up at the lore master "I am ready to move forward and continue on this journey"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm 

The Lore Master looked around the room and not seeing one person who had any questions but not one had raised their hand.

"Once you have placed the bag of coins and finger tip in your bag, we will leave. We will come back to this room for a final meeting before leaving for Dragonopia.

Before I forget, we will be taking some cattle and chickens with us. I am hoping that they will have some dogs for rounding up the cattle. Each of you will be driving a wagon loaded with your own supplies. The horse that is hitched to the wagon will be yours. If you rode a horse here, you won't be getting a second one. But if you came by foot, you will need to buy the second horse. You may choose what horses you want for your wagon.

Let's go to the Inside Gypsy Stalls to buy what we want." Lore Master spoke quietly as she put the rest of the money away in a cabinet and locked it away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas had never seen so much money all at once before, let alone ever had that much. He could remember growing up and hearing stories of men with bulging pockets full of gold coins, bags weighted down by their money. It had sounded like a fantasy then, but now, after having had the chance to see such people, Nikolas found himself wondering what people were saving it all for. Surely there were things they had to buy rather than storing all the coins away where they were of no use.

The northerner was further worried by the sheer amount of things they would need. He had never driven a wagon, or ridden a horse in his life. The snowy place he called home was too treacherous for such things. He had been raised being mindful of what he carried, making sure it was never too much, and only what he absolutely needed. The money bag was ignored as it was set before him. Nikolas shook his head slightly at the list the Lore Master was giving them. Was it all really necessary? 

He placed the pen and coin bag away at the Lore Master's instruction, listening to the rest of what was said before raising his hand.

"Is all of this really necessary? It seems like an awful lot compared to what I have grown up with." He had been told about people outside of his own since he was a little boy. How they weren't like them, that was becoming much more evident with each passing moment that Nikolas spent away from his home.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Mayleen never saw many coins as she poured some into her hands. She was in shock so many would keep her family and livestock well fed for many suns and moons. Perhaps half the clan could live off it. She was glad her parents made her a list of items she would need for making hides. The teen already knew what traders in towns carried...penny candy, cloth, cornmeal, sugar was expensive and coffee. She had furs of her own and her own horse. She was happy she could keep it. May made a mental list. She knew what she had for leather making and hides for clothes. She traded her beads and wanted more to embellish her clothes and shoes. She turned to Teresa, "Do ya want beads for your hair, clothes, and shoes? What pots did ya bring? Will ya want tri-pod for cookin and one for dyin ya clothes? Books, I knows how ya plant by signs and stars.

May turned to Nikolas, "What did yah bring to cook with an do ya want beads or dyed feathers? We'ere gonna need lots of seeds come Spring. Traders gots Almanack seen one? What instrument ya play? Winter get mighty born'n. Cept'n huntin. We can all do. Ya need stuff for tools. Townspeople gots em. You buy easier."

She looked at the others, "Who good cook?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm 

"That money is to last you for the next 5 years. We need all of these things to be able to live in the land where you are going. You will be learning how to deal with your hatchling, going to school and chores. Once this winter is over, you will be learning a trade to go along with your dragon training. As far as clothes, you may choose some here from what the store has. You may have an instrument for you might get snowed in for several days at a time. You will be allowed to make free purchases this one time and from here on out, you will have to pay for what you want. You will be cooking inside on a fireplace. If you have not used a fireplace, you will learn. Your hatchling will need to be kept warm and entertained. There are crates for the dragon in the wagon. We will not be killing the cattle this year nor the next. In the spring, we will be getting chicks. If you want things like feathers and beads, you will have to buy them here for there are no birds in the Village.

The seeds have been bought and will be in one of the wagons. There are kegs of food in those wagons. All of these items will be stored in the storage cave. Kegs of flour and sugar, smaller kegs of spices, each of you will be receiving a hermit and a recipe book to go with it. You can make many things out of the hermit.

Just trust my judgement for I have lived there several years. It is not as easy as it looks. " Lore Master spoke as she looked at the group.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:40 pm 

just passing through

Teresa laughed slightly at the reaction of the others to the amount of coins they were given Teresa put the coin bag and pen away as the lore master instructed. Teresa listened to the list of things that they had to get she had driven a wagon before but not alone her father was always there to help her with it she had driven a wagon pulled by two horses rather then one but it should not be hard.

Teresa's attention was directed to Mayleen when she began asking her questions slow down a bit there Mayleen yes I would like beads for may hair, I shall think about clothes and shoes I will let you know later on. I brought a iron pot and pan, as for a Tripod for cooking and dying clothes probably one for cooking I don't traditionally die clothes but I sure know my why around a tanning rack. Teresa turned her attention to the lore master when she spoke up again Teresa listened to what she had to say Teresa had respect for her and she knew that she would meet many people at this school she also would respect the dragons as they were. Dragons and people deserved respect just as much as anything else.

Teresa stood up from the table she had gotten bored of sitting and she just had to move around for a bit it might just be her but she never liked to be sitting in one place for to long but she knew that there were many people like that it the tribe her father was one if them it was just something they both did. Teresa had to be doing something to be interested in what was going on in the room or area Teresa walked around the room for a bit she was ready to go over to the stalls and buy the supplies they wanted to get.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 pm 

Nikolas leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and turning his head to the side to face Mayleen.

"I've got a small pot and pan, never really needed anything else before." He answered truthfully, and with a little nervousness. He shook his head when offered beads and feathers. He was bombarded with questions, most of which had answers in the negatory such as playing an instrument, what ever an almanack was, needing things for tools. What was wrong with what he already had? It had served him well this far.

Upon hearing that they would need all these things to be able to live where they were going, Nikolas began to wonder what the heck to expect of this Dragonopia. What kind of climate was it that they lived in caves and needed all of this stuff? The few times he had gone with the others to trade Nikolas had been told it was interesting how his people survived where they did, that it must be hard. But to him it was all he knew, and therefore, he didn't see anything wrong or particularly difficult about it...then again, he didn't exactly have anything to compare it against.

Nikolas wasn't happy about this but what could he do? He had already signed the scroll. Standing, the northerner stood behind his chair, placing his hands firmly on the back of it ready to go and get this (seemingly unnecessary) shopping over and done with. it seemed they would be learning a lot from each other, both student to student, and student to teacher.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 am 

"Enough chit chat, Students. Gather your satchels and follow me. We will go to the store where you may find everything that you need and more. If you want to get some kind of a treat, they have some there. Remember your list of what you must have. In fact so that you don't forget, I have made you a list. Beads, pots and pans, beds, table and 4 chairs plus other items are already on each wagon. You will need 2 horses to pull the wagon. If you did not ride a horse, you will need to buy one with the money I gave you." Lore Master spoke as she gave each student a list.

The list continued the following:
The Academy will buy the following but if you want to buy more, you may your own money.
1. 5 Blankets
2. 4 buckets
3. 1 axe
4. 1 saw
5. 6 baskets
6. 10 sets of clothing made of cotton
7. 2 fur lined coats
8. 2 sets of fur lined boots
9. 3 fur lined muffler
10. 2 knives

"Please follow me and we shall meet the head of the caravan." Lore Master spoke as she went out the door carrying her own bag.

Once they reached the store, Lore Master spoke.

“Greetings, Damon. I have brought my students to bargain with your people as agreed upon our last meeting.” Lore Master spoke calmly.
“Greetings, Lore Master. Please allow them to do their bargaining .” Damon spoke in a pleasant voice .
The Lore Master turned to the students and spoke. “You may do your shopping and it will be loaded up in a wagon.
Mayleen will have wagon 1. Teresa will have wagon 2. Nikolas will have wagon 3. Remember to tell the person your wagon number."

“I have 12 wagons. 4 have food stuffs. There are 2 with your student boxes. The last 6 will be filled with what your students buy. Shall we deal?” Damon spoke.

"Yes, let's deal while the Students shop." Lore Master spoke as she smiled at Damon.

PostThis post was deleted by Sound of Silence on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 am 

Mayleen grabbed her satchel and handed her scroll the Lore Master. She was about to walk out with Teresa when a man rushed into the Inn shouting, "I am here for the Dragon Academy." The teen stepped out of his way. "In here we are going shopping. Speak to lady in pretty dress."

Mayleen moved toward Theresa and spoke in her native language, "I have tri-pod and a cooking pot for making blue, green, and red dyes. I guess we buy what townspeople have in our inn room. The bed, I did not sleep in. Maybe we get used to new stuff. Dress Lore Master wear is not good for work. It is pretty. Maybe we get one to wear on naming day. Hope Lore Master understand we no work on feast days. We can all hunt and dry meat. I will buy bead and make coat and boots pretty. We can buy gifts for each other. See what we can get from Gypsies. I have seen trade goods and with this can get timepiece and chain. Always know time and saw thread of many colors. Candy we can get enough to share. Maybe we get playthings saw in trader game piece called Checkers and Cards. Can you believe all this just given to us? This would make us rich to clan. All this coins. We have a fortune!"

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:56 pm 

I'm just here to RP

Blog: View Blog (0)

He’d swallowed a bug, he was sure of it. The wild-haired hunter’s pace didn’t slow however, as he was desperate to reach the Dragon’s Den in time. No more stones thrown at him by the village children, farewell to the guilds that turned their noses up at his humble request to sweep their floors, good bye life of solitude and feeling worthless!

He was going to become a Dragon Rider!

Motto had seen one once. A splendid warrior in glistening armor with beads of many journeys woven into his hair. He’d carried himself like a knight, only with a fierceness Motto could not understand. Then the dragon emerged from the water, and it became clear. That man was more than a warrior… Ever since that day at the lake, Motto never forgot how strong and brave that man looked. How tender and playful he was with that incredible blue dragon! Years passed and the boy became a young man; living alone and struggling to find his place in the world.

Motto’s only friend, the old Doc Stike had been kind enough to tell him what the poster said. The young Hunter memorized it as best he could and counted the days. He tried at least. Motto had a tendency of losing track of time due to his isolated lifestyle, and he found himself now racing down the dusty road towards the Inn. The place where he would claim his destiny! Sure he wasn’t the smartest, or the most socially adjusted…but those things didn’t matter if one was a Dragon Rider! Motto firmly believed this was his only chance at greatness, and he was going to seize it.

His foot caught the ledge of the front step, and the raven stumbled into the Dragon’s Den panting and dirty.

“I’m here.. for...the Dragon..Academy.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 pm 

"A bit late, young man. You were to be here yesterday but since you are here and The Lore Master has not left, I'll Bess run you through your paces. Come along now and be quick about it. Bess! A new student has arrived."

"Goodness me! Take him into the meeting room. Is he hungry?" Bess asked as she came out of the door.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm 

I'm just here to RP

He had already made a mistake.

Then and there, Motto vowed to try harder and pay more attention.
An apologetic smile preceded his sheepish bow, and the wild-haired young man scrambled
to stand before the woman Bess. "I don't want to be any trouble.
I.. I'm ready to run those paces now, ma'am. Miss. My Lady!"

Motto gave his head a quick shake to clear his senses and looked to Bess.

He took a seat after being lead to a modest room and did his best to fill out the
paper handed to him | +
Your name: Motto Brook
Next of Kin: Miss Mito
Kin’s Address: Whale Isle
Are you married or engaged? No
Do you have any children at all? No
Do you have any property to take care of? No
What is your job? None
What are your hobbies? Listening to water. Watching water. Fishing.
What chores do you like or dislike? Going to market.
Any Comments? I will do my very best as a Dragon Rider.
As he listened to Bess explain about Dragonlings, Motto's heart hammered in his chest like never before.
But if what if none of the dragonlings choose him? The young hunter bit his lip and signed with his blood.
This was his destiny... so a dragonling had to choose him. Probably.
After hearing the legend, all Motto could think about was how fine it would be to have a magical power
and if he was expected to make babies with a Queen in a cave. Sweat trickled down the raven's brow
and he swallowed hard.

Last edited by Gon Pro Hunter on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 pm 

They went through the Orientation and signing of the Oath fairly quickly. She gave him his money and sent him to shop.

Orientation | +
“Please fill out these sheets of paper and bring them back to me when they are dry.” She spoke quietly as she hands the papers to the person.

Paperwork
Your name:
Next of Kin:
Kin’s Address:
Are you married or engaged?
Do you have any children at all?
Do you have any property to take care of?
What is your job?
What are your hobbies?
What chores do you like or dislike?
Any Comments?

When the person brought their paper back, The Loress glanced over it then gave the person a card which said
Please check the bulletin board between 5 and 6 PM this evening to see if you qualify for Dragonopia Academy.
If you name is one the list, then you will be given an Inn token so that your expenses will be paid by Dragonopia Academy for two nights with meals included. Alcohol not included and do not come to the class after you drink. Drinking alcohol will disqualify you from the class and the trip to Dragonopia Academy.
If you name is not on the list, you will be given a slip of paper stating that Dragonopia Academy will pay for 1 night stay and breakfast. You will need to pay by 10 AM if you are going to stay additional nights.

The following people will report to the meeting room at 9 AM. Information class will begin then. Please eat breakfast before hand. It will be a very busy day so please be on time. Thank you!
The Lore Master

Once everyone has gathered for the meeting, Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster began the meeting.
“Welcome to all of you to Dragonopia Academy. Yes, this is the Dragonopia Academy of the old lore. My name is Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster and I am the head of the Academy. My job is to take all of you to the secret lair of Dragonopia Academy. You may call me Lore Master or Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster or Loress. Do not call me by my given name until you are given permission to do so. Once each of you become a student of the Academy, you will be referred to by Student then your given name unless you give me the permission to drop the Student.

This is a once in a lifetime invitation. Each of you will have the chance to raise a dragon hatchling to adulthood. This will take a lot of stamina, time and patience. Each Dragonling must have its own partner and this is a lifelong partnership. You and your hatchling will live and die together. You will share your room with your Dragonling. Your Dragonling will practically drive you insane and yet will love you unconditionally. It will challenge you, protect you, make you angry, give you great joy and happiness.

You will this dragonling’s parent, teacher, first friend and lifelong companion. While raising this dragonling, you will have other duties to attend to. You will chop wood, carry water, tend crops and animals. You will cook, clean and study the lore of the dragons. You will learn how to make poultices, potions, harnesses, and much more.
Does anyone want to leave this meeting and go back to your old life? If you stay, you will be bonded to go to Dragonopia no matter what you think about tomorrow.” Mystique spoke to each one.
She waited to see if anyone would leave or not.

“Now comes the time where you will sign a blood contract. Each of you will receive a small black box tied up with red ribbon. This box will contain a blood pen. The blood pen is a simple gadget that will prick your finger and let the blood flow into the tip so that you can sign this document with your own blood. I will be the first to sign.” She spoke calmly as she picked up one of the boxes and passes them out to each person. She then passed out a scroll to each person.
“Please read and sign at the bottom with the status of Student of Dragonopia Academy.” Mystique spoke as she rolled out a sheet of enchanted parchment paper. She then read the Binding Vow:

I, the undersign, do declare to have the desire to be a Dragon Rider. I shall obey the rules of Dragonopia Academy and will respect all who enters Dragonopia. I will listen and take advice of The Lore Master. I will take good care of the Dragonling that chooses me. I will raise the Dragonling with care, love and patience. My Dragonling and I will be a team of the famed Dragon Riders who will defend Justice, Law and Order.
I have been told of what happen before. I will remember the past Dragon Riders and how they failed. I will live my life by the Laws of Justice and Order. I will stay informed of any new Laws of Justice and Order and will uphold them. I shall strive to be the best that I can be.
I will have five years of raising a Dragonling and will give five years of service to the Dragonopia Academy in repayment for the education, supplies, housing, clothing and Dragonling.
I, the undersigned, so do declare to uphold these vows and will renew the vows as deemed necessary by my Lore Master. My signature is written in my own blood which will seal this vow to my heart. May I feel the pain of Death should I ever stray away from these vows.
Mystique carefully puts her blood pen back into the box and ties the ribbon before she passes out a plain brown satchel, an ink pot and quill to each student.

After all of the students had signed their name and put their blood pens in their boxes, Mystique smiles and begins the next part of the meeting.
“You may place the blood pen back into its box and place the box in your Academy Satchel. Please write your name on your satchel so that it will not get mixed up with someone else’s;
Here is the Legend of the Dragon Riders as I was taught.” The Lore Master begin as she glanced around the room.
“Many a long year ago, there was a wonderful place where there were many dragons and dragon riders. They were trained at one academy called Dragonopia.
Dragonopia was pretty much hidden away in a large mountain range in a distant village. This village had an Inn where you could apply for a dragon rider. You had to do much work and book work before you were allowed to even have an egg. Many tried applied, some were lucky enough to enter the school and even less was allowed to have an egg.
Whether the reason was due to the actual hard work, not being able to pass the strict written test or if there was not enough eggs to go around, I do not know. But I do know what was passed down to me from my grandfather.
Dragonopia became very prosperous and quite powerful. Some said too powerful in the lives of regular humans. They even were judges of the courts. They were hard and tough beings. Their hearts must have turn to stone for they gave out such stern decisions in the court. Some say that they barely heard what was said by either side and had made up their minds before they even held court.
All of the Dragon Riders had magical powers as well. Fearsome powers like being able to throw fire across the room just to turn a person to ashes…. Just like that! Some even were able to appear and disappear like ghosts. There were so many different powers that these Riders held that people became very scared of them. Scared enough to declare war on the Dragon Riders.
At first it was just not coming to meetings when they were called or not showing up in court or not paying the high fees of protection.
The Dragon Riders were not happy in the least. But they tried to reason with the people about needing their supplies and their taxes. Finally the people seemed to give in. The Dragon Riders got their taxes and supplies but the food was tainted with various poisons and diseases. They tried to fight back without fighting. It did work for a while but after a while the Dragon Riders caught on. They had a mage who could tell diseased food from good food. The person who gave the diseased food had to cook it and eat several helpings as punishment for the crime of pestilence spreading.
Once more the people refused to give the Dragon Riders anything for the loss of the family member- usually young males who had the job of taking the food to the collection centers- and they declared an all out war on the Dragon Riders.
Of course the Dragon Riders would not stand for this and fought back. But the Dragon Riders had become lazy and not as quick as they once were except the young ones who were in training or not out very long. The techniques and skills were diminished by not working out and by over eating. Even the dragons had become lazy and sluggish due to the lack of exercise and overeating.
With that in mind, the war was pretty even. The war went on from springtime when everyone should have been planting crops to the dead of winter where the last of the Riders and Dragons disappeared from the face of the Earth.
Some say however….. deep in a hidden cave lay many eggs of the Queens. Yes there were more than one Queen. Each species of dragons had a Queen Mother. She was the main egg layer and would protect all of the eggs with her life. All of the females had to bow down to her for she was always the best of them. She was the strongest, fastest and the most intelligent of all of the females and she would not mate with a lesser dragon. To do that would thin her blood line. So it was always a contest to mate with the Queen of any of the dragon species.
Except for this one last time where all of the males that were left mated with the Queens. They knew that their hours were limited and they wanted their species not to die out. Even if they could not see their young, they wanted them to have a chance to live in the future time. Each Queen rider was a Mage of Magic Spells and after each Queen had laid their eggs, the Rider would close the cavern with a sleep spell of protection. She then would lay with her own mate, become pregnant with his seed, then leave by a secret way of the Riders, never to return again. She would pass on what she knew to her child once it was born. And the child would pass the information to his or her children who would pass it on their children.
The Hundred Years of Sleep of Protection Spell should be nearing the end. Then Dragonopia open her secrets once more. Students will be trained by a new set of leaders and hopefully they have learned from their past mistakes. Hopefully the eggs will wake from their long sleep unharmed and healthy. Hopefully the bonds will be made strong and last long.
The Lore Master took a deep breath before continuing on.
“This time will be different from the last time. I will be leading the Dragon Riders and Dragon Riders will have a specific code to go by. Here are the Laws that I have set so far. More will be added. These are based on what is considered to be the downfall of the last group of Dragon Riders.
1) Leaders are Leaders-They must keep their morals higher, must have a monogamous relationship with their mate, will keep order and laws.
2) All people are equally able to do jobs. Everyone has their own specialty.
3) Males cannot force females to lay down for a pecking.
4) Females cannot flaunt their wares.
5) Everyone will pull their own weight and will do chores.
6) Teachers will do their best to teach each student on an individual basis if they need extra tutoring.
During the winter months, those of us who have had Ancestors of the Dragon Riders will sit down and discuss what should be set into Laws. Until then these Laws must suffice and I will uphold them.
Any questions so far?” The Lore Master asked as she gazed around the room.
"Now while the contract is drying, I will explain what shall happen next."

At THE GYPSY STORE

The Lore Master spoke as she pulled a small trunk out from under the table. She unlocked it.
"Each of you will receive a bag of coins. Fifty of each copper, bronze, silver and gold as a sign on bonus. You will get this money one time. The rest of the money you will earn while you are at Dragonopia Academy. I will explain what you may do to earn more money when we have class.

Across the street is a gypsy store. There will be wagons with trunks and supplies for us. Each student will receive one wagon with following items:
One trunk will contain pieces of leather.
One trunk that contains a hand press and dies.
One trunk that contains metal and a shape cutter.
One trunk that will contain leather protective garments.
One trunk that will contain various beads and such ornaments.
One trunk that will contain a variety of books such as Leather Making, Basket Weaving, Herbal Gardening, and other useful informational books. “ she spoke as she placed a bag of coins in front of each student.
“All magick books are at Dragonopia and I will issue you them as you need them. I have wands and staffs as well if you wish to learn how to use them.

This is what you need to buy for yourself. You will want to get a bed, table, chairs, kitchen equipment, blankets, at least 4 buckets, an axe, saw, baskets. If you want other things, buy it now for we will not be back here until spring. Of course you will want to barter with them for they will expect you to do so. There are wagons for you to put your items in. I have assigned you to a wagon. You will be driving these wagons tomorrow. There is no need to get food stuff because I have plenty in Dragonopia and there should be more on a few wagons waiting for us to take.
Gypsys expect a little bit of bargaining so don’t settle for the first price. But do haggle in a respective way. They do not have to bring goods to us. They don’t need us but we need them. They will leave before the snow falls then come back in the spring.
Damon- leader of caravan

“Greetings, Damon. I have brought my students to bargain with your people as agreed upon our last meeting.” Lore Master spoke calmly.
“Greetings, Lore Master. Please allow them to do their bargaining .” Damon spoke in a pleasant .
The Lore Master turned to the students and spoke. “You may do your shopping and it will be loaded up in a wagon.

“I have 12 wagons. 4 have food stuffs. There are 2 with your student boxes. The last 6 will be filled with what your students buy. Shall we deal?” Damon spoke softly to his adopted daughter, the Lore Master.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 pm 

I'm just here to RP

After several breathless thankyous, Motto bolted to the shop across the street.
He didn't know much about money, but the sack he was just given seemed to contain a lot of it.

Gypsys. The shop was run by gypsys. Motto hesitated before opening the shop's door. This was the first of many challenges. He was going to be Dragon Rider and no gypsy was going to stand in his way! Balling up his fists, the young man entered and looked around. Right away Motto noticed a very small woman with curly hair speaking with the gypsy shopkeeper. At seeing it was a man, the hunter relaxed visibly and sniffed. His nose told him there were others from places he hadn't been. Smells he hadn't experienced yet. A tall, slender pale man and two sun-kissed girls; all of them with furs or hide as clothing.

He strode purposefully up the to the beautiful female with the red hair and serious expression. Bowing low to her, Motto spoke in the most respectful tone he knew. "LoreMaster I am Motto. Your student. Thank you for teaching me."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 pm 

just passing through

Teresa walked up to her seat and grabbed her satchel handing her scroll to the lore master and was ready to leave this room and get to the trading. Teresa stopped when a man came in shouting Teresa gave him a glance and then smiled at Mayleen as she came over and spoke to her in her native language Teresa listened to what Mayleen had to say. "That all sounds great Mayleen you know I am really looking forward to not being the only girl hear and also the dragons are going to be awesome." Teresa laughed a little at Mayleen talking about the amount of money they had been given "No I can't believe this as for the money it is not a lot to me and my clan we are a very wealthy clan because we trade with many clans and villages."

Teresa walked outside and looked at the caravan when her attention was pulled away by a familiar call of a large bird Teresa looked up at the skies of the north a bird flew closer Teresa saw it was a bird that his father owned the large bird flew closer and Teresa held her arm out the bird landed on her arm and she petted the birds head and scratch it chin "Hey there Razor what are you doing here" Teresa then noticed the note tied to his leg it was from her father it said that the clan had moved location again and that they were so proud of her doing this. Later on the note it said that he was leaning Razor to her if she was allowed to have it with her Teresa looked at the bird "Oh where are my manners Mayleen this is Razor my father hunting bird and Razor this is Mayleen" Razor put his talon out for Mayleen to shake hands. Teresa's attention was pulled away when she was addressed " Oh I'm sorry for I am not the women you are to be thanking my name is Teresa and this is my fathers pet Razor". Teresa still did not like this man but she knew that it was important to give people a second chance she had done that on her opinion of Mayleen and maybe she would learn to get along with these people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am 

Mayleen nodded, "Oh me too. It would be awkward not having someone to share girl talk with."

She was surprised to see Teresa with a bird that shook hands, Tallon to hand. She grasped the bird's left talon's gently and spoke in her native language, "Nice to meet you Razor." She smiled at Teresa, "Oh he will come in handy. He can send messages for us."

Mayleen noticed the newcomer spoke to Lore Master and his voice was familiar. She made a notion to speak to him after he visited her first. His voice had a familiar resonessence to it, especially when he hollered. She did not get a good look at him but he looked like someone she knew. The thought would be for later. She did not to forget what she wanted to buy.

First thing Mayleen did was trade money for beads, and goods the Gypsies would trade with her people. Then she made a mental list of things she wanted for herself. She traded beads and coins for a bed. She traded her old fur coat and new blankets for a plow horse. Then she haggled coin and her boots that were broken in and already had beads for the timepiece with a chime. She haggled in the price if the chain to half.

Then she plaited the gypsey's daughter hair with beads for a feather mattress. and deck of playing cards. She fixed odd leather goods an older man for a rocking chair with a pillow that was made of paisley material.

The gypsies had different jars, mugs, utensils, and dishes.

She gathered her Dragon Schoolmates, "We can each buy a piece and get other pieces free. Then share what we need. We will spend less. Everyone put in 30 silver coins. We only need one butter churn, two butter molds, a set of twelve dishes and utensils for cooking. We can get playthings for the dragons to share outside. How about playthings for us croquet, badmitten, wood paddle and ball. Twenty silver each."

Mayleen haggled for dragon bed mattress, a sack of feathers to make headdresses, essences, herbs, roots, and flower seeds for medicine and soap. She purchased a bag of fat for soapmaking, glycerine, citronella, candle wax and mold, and a jar of honey. She splurged on candy sticks, peppermints, lollypop molds, sugar, candy molds and pie tins.

A gypsey showed her how to make bread using a pan, rolling pin, and ground wheat flour. She loved the bakery lady and learned how to make pastries with fruit. She was given a crate of jars of fruit preserves.

By the end of the day, her wagon was loaded with discarded and new furniture and crates of food. Trunks of discarded fabric, metal, and cork, wine bottles, and odd and ends that the Gypsey's no longer needed. To her, they were all treasures that were rare. She was given a box of jingle bells of different sizes for fixing old shoes. She thought the bells would be nice for her dragon. A man gave her a bag of marbles and collection of rocks he traded for her gloves. She had a spare pair of beaver ones that were better.

Dragons like shiny rocks. The marbles could be used for games. She had rock pieces that could be made into jewelry once she melted the metal scraps. If anything she was resourceful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm 

The Lore master finished her business with Dermot and soon left to go shopping. She went out to do her shopping and bought quite a bit. Things like beads and feathers which is like 3 pounds worth. She looked at various other items as well and a few more blankets. It was then that a stranger came up to her and spoke

She smiled happily.
"Welcome to Dragonopia. I hope that you enjoy my lessons and enjoy the dragon that you will receive. Have you finished your homework?" she asked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 pm 

Nikolas slung his satchel over his shoulder and took the list of things to buy from the Lore Master. He once more cast a critical eye over the listed items and refrained from shaking his head. A few things he already had, like the fur coats, boots, and knives, and he could see the practicality in having those. Following the others out, Nikolas stuffed the list in his pocket. It was time to do something he had really only done a handful of times in his life. Usually when his interacted with others they were trading goods for goods, money wasn't usually involved as his people had very little use for it so far north. Nikolas had only brought the minimum with him though, so he wasn't exactly prepared for that.

Looking at all the things that were offered, Nikolas didn't immedietly notice the newcomer until he approached the others. He noted the bird Teresa had, but remained silent. He had gotten everything the list had had at fairly good prices he thought. He still had plenty of coins left in his pouch. He had gotten caught in a rather one sided conversation with one man about the harsh conditions of the world, and how no one should have to live so far out away from civilization. Nikolas had stopped listening about part way through, feeling a little insulted to be honest.

Stepping up beside the girls, Nikolas tucked his coin pouch into his satchel and crossed his arms, observing the situation rather than engaging. He was prepared to go having bought everything he had been asked to. He really didn't know what else he could want, there was nothing else he thought he might need, already having more than he had expected. He had even bought the horse he had been required to purchase. He knew very little about the animal but had been given some assistance in choosing a young light gray horse with a pale, nearly white mane and tail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next