All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Once everyone has gathered for the meeting, Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster began the meeting.
“Welcome to all of you to Dragonopia Academy. Yes, this is the Dragonopia Academy of the old lore. My name is Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster and I am the head of the Academy. My job is to take all of you to the secret lair of Dragonopia Academy. You may call me Lore Master or Lore Master Mystique Weathermaster or Loress. Do not call me by my given name until you are given permission to do so. Once each of you become a student of the Academy, you will be referred to by Student then your given name unless you give me the permission to drop the Student.

This is a once in a lifetime invitation. Each of you will have the chance to raise a dragon hatchling to adulthood. This will take a lot of stamina, time and patience. Each Dragonling must have its own partner and this is a lifelong partnership. You and your hatchling will live and die together. You will share your room with your Dragonling. Your Dragonling will practically drive you insane and yet will love you unconditionally. It will challenge you, protect you, make you angry, give you great joy and happiness.

You will this dragonling’s parent, teacher, first friend and lifelong companion. While raising this dragonling, you will have other duties to attend to. You will chop wood, carry water, tend crops and animals. You will cook, clean and study the lore of the dragons. You will learn how to make poultices, potions, harnesses, and much more.
Does anyone want to leave this meeting and go back to your old life? If you stay, you will be bonded to go to Dragonopia no matter what you think about tomorrow.” Mystique spoke to each one.
She waited to see if anyone would leave or not.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Mayleen pondered upon all the Lore Mistress said. She did not mind hard work or studying whatever that may be. It was about the bond she would have with her dragon. She stood up as was her custom to ask her question. She waited to called upon, "Our tribe and family live with the Silver Dragons. We gots bonds with dragons but our descendants will takes care of living dragons. Do this means that either of us dies the other dies too?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 pm 

"If you die, your dragon will go into a void to die. If your dragon dies, the bond is severed to that dragon but you could still live on. You will not be the same. Dragons rarely survive the owner. At least none that I have yet read about. But anything could happen for dragons will mate and make a bond with their mate. This subject is not well researched at this time." Lore Master spoke.

"Any other questions?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 pm 

Slowly Maleen sat down she knew she was chosen to attend the school and the leaders would know it was important. She felt a little better. The prospects of everything else looked better. The Silver's ability for self-preservation was strong. Sill, she had to accept this for returning back home dragonless was not an option. Raising a dragonling was a once in only a handful occurrence. She would not miss it! She would miss home. This was something new and she was happy to be chosen. She stood up again,"Lore Master, what kinds of shelter do we get?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:53 pm 

"Each of you will choose a cave where there is a sliding rock door. I have lived in mine for several years and it is very solid and keeps the temperature well in the winter and the coolness in the summer." was her answer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:11 pm 

She liked that and nodded as she sat down. The teen turned her head seeing if anyone else had questions. She had seen caves before and some were pretty and huge. She was imagining all sorts of things. What kind of toys would a dragonling play with? She envisioned a dog and they play, fetch, chase, and hide and go find objects. All know dragons love shiny things. What she liked most is having her own cave with a door.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:18 pm 

“Now comes the time where you will sign a blood contract. Each of you will receive a small black box tied up with red ribbon. This box will contain a blood pen. The blood pen is a simple gadget that will prick your finger and let the blood flow into the tip so that you can sign this document with your own blood. I will be the first to sign.” She spoke calmly as she picked up one of the boxes and passes them out to each person. She then passed out a scroll to each person.
“Please read and sign at the bottom with the status of Student of Dragonopia Academy.” Mystique spoke as she rolled out a sheet of enchanted parchment paper. She then read the Binding Vow:

I, the undersign, do declare to have the desire to be a Dragon Rider. I shall obey the rules of Dragonopia Academy and will respect all who enters Dragonopia. I will listen and take advice of The Lore Master. I will take good care of the Dragonling that chooses me. I will raise the Dragonling with care, love and patience. My Dragonling and I will be a team of the famed Dragon Riders who will defend Justice, Law and Order.
I have been told of what happen before. I will remember the past Dragon Riders and how they failed. I will live my life by the Laws of Justice and Order. I will stay informed of any new Laws of Justice and Order and will uphold them. I shall strive to be the best that I can be.
I will have five years of raising a Dragonling and will give five years of service to the Dragonopia Academy in repayment for the education, supplies, housing, clothing and Dragonling.
I, the undersigned, so do declare to uphold these vows and will renew the vows as deemed necessary by my Lore Master. My signature is written in my own blood which will seal this vow to my heart. May I feel the pain of Death should I ever stray away from these vows.
Mystique carefully puts her blood pen back into the box and ties the ribbon before she passes out a plain brown satchel, an ink pot and quill to each student.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:41 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Nikolas watched the Lore Master setting up for a few moments before approaching the table. He took a seat, waiting for the others when Mayleen entered the room. He acknowledged her greeting with a nod.

"Good morning Mayleen. I suppose some company would be fine." He answered. Soon they would all be in each others company so he may as well get use to them sooner rather than later. Following Mayleen soon after was Teresa. Nikolas returned her wave before turning his attention to the Lore Master who had begun to speak. 

He listened carefully to what she was saying. He knew this was a commitment when he had ventured to this inn only a few short days ago. Thinking it all over, Nikolas watched as Mayleen stood to ask her question, an odd habit if you asked him. He heard her mention her people living with dragons and he wondered if Teresa also had experience with these creatures, leaving him as the odd one out. He only half listened to the whole bit on the bond and what happened when it was severed by death.

Nikolas was half tempted to get up and leave when the questions continued. Could they not wait until they had seen this place before asking everything that came to mind? He frowned down at the table, wanting nothing more than a little peace and quiet. When he had come he had expected more...well, he wasn't entirely sure what he had expected, but not this. Not sitting around a table at an inn discussing every last detail of what was before them. He was use to more going in with the minimum and learning on his own rather than having his hand held the whole time.

Nikolas allowed his thoughts to clear as the Lore Master moved onto the blood bonds. This was something he was familiar with, although not quite in this way. Using a knife to slice the palm of the hand before using the blood to either mark an item with a smear, or otherwise shaking hands with someone who had also cut their palm was more what the northerner was use to. However, he could see why people would prefer this way, less 'barbaric' as many visitors to his tribe had said. Nikolas accepted the box and removed the pen, looking at it and turning it in his hand before looking to the scroll and then to the Lore Master. 

"You wish for the blood signing now?" He asked, ready to do so.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 pm 

just passing through

Teresa came and took a seat at the table with the others and turned her attention to the lore master as she began to speak she knew that leaving here now after all she had been through to get here turning back was not a option she had made an commitment to her tribe to go here and going back with out a dragon was not an option she had given a promise to her family and tribe.

Teresa watched Mayleen stand up and asked her questions she had already known that a dragon and its rider would be bonded in life and death because her mother was a dragon rider and her mother had a great bond with her dragon but it was when the questions continued Teresa had begun to question her decision to stay here again would it really be bad if she went back home and told them that it was not all she thought it was and maybe there was another way to get a dragon.

Teresa turned her attention back to the lore master when she started to talk about the blood bonds she watched her hand out the items Teresa opened the book to see the pen inside her tribe had used this type of pen and signing before it was used when signing a treaty with a neighboring tribe or village Teresa was ready to do the signing using the pen to prick a finger and ready to sign the contract "would you like us to sign it now" Teresa said holding the pen over the contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 pm 

Mayleen was happy Nickolas spoke to her."Good Morn'n. I hope you slept well." She was glad to be making new friends. She smiled when Teresa joined them. She did not speak on Lore Master started speaking. *It would be nice to know what the others thought. Did their parents inform them what to expect? Did they have family dragons too?* He did not look happy when she stood up. She figured he would not be very happy to see her stand ask questions. In most tribes males were taught they were to obey and ask questions later. She hated not having some idea of what was ahead of her. She was glad it was a blood pin and not a knife. She opened her case and pricked her finger then signed her name. She was chosen on her initiation day to be part of her tribe. She would do anything for them. Give her life if necessary. The teen looked at what she signed with pride.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 am 

Lore Master was glad that they hesitated at signing the Scroll which would bound them to Dragonopia for at least 10 years. It was a sign that all of them were thinking about the commitment they were making and in her opinion a crucial part of the training.

"Yes, I do expect to you to sign now if you wish to go to Dragonopia. This is your final chance to back out. After you sign this contract, you will be bound to Dragonopia for 10 years. 5 years of raising and training a dragon and 5 years to pay for what you will be given. After your contract is up, you will have an excellent education and job experience plus secondary job choices with the supplies that you will receive."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 pm 

Nikolas was glad that the others had hesitated before signing as well. He briefly glanced to the others before returning his gaze to his own scroll, the blood pen held in his hand, ready to be used. He heard the Lore Master speaking, saying they would be bound for ten years. Nikolas had known this, but it still made him pause. Ten years was a long time, and a lot could happen in that time. Back home, any number of things could happen in a single year with the amount of moving around, trading, and hunting they did. He could sign this, go home after ten years and everything could be different. 

The northerner closed his eyes for a moment, thinking this through. He could refuse, go home and continue his life. His parents, and the elders would be displeased, but after having one of their own return home, they would move on. Or, he could sign this scroll, go through with the training and have something to show for the effort.

Opening his hazel eyes, Nikolas pricked his finger and signed the scroll before setting the pen down and sitting back in his chair. He had been perched on the edge of it since taking the seat. He hoped he had made the right decision. 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 pm 

just passing through

Teresa relaxed a bit when she saw others did not rush to sign the contract Teresa sat back and though about this if she did sign this she would be further away from her family and home and she did not want to leave them. She then thought about them and how disappointing they would be if she came home empty handed no she had come here and she was not going to come this far just to give up so easily.

Teresa took the pen and signed the contract she pull the small wooden figure out of her coat pocket and she looked over the small wooden dragon she knew that she just made one of the biggest decisions in her life. Teresa looked around the room then she looked back at the contract she put the pen back into the box and closed it again before she looked up at the ceiling of the room she knew that her mothers spirit was going to be with her all of the time through this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:57 pm 

“You may place the blood pen back into its box and place the box in your Academy Satchel. Please write your name on your satchel so that it will not get mixed up with someone else’s." she spoke as she placed a satchel and scroll at each place. She would collect the Oath Scrolls later.

"Here is the Legend of the Dragon Riders as I was taught.” The Lore Master begin as she glanced around the room.
“Many a long year ago, there was a wonderful place where there were many dragons and dragon riders. They were trained at one academy called Dragonopia.
Dragonopia was pretty much hidden away in a large mountain range in a distant village. This village had an Inn where you could apply for a dragon rider. You had to do much work and book work before you were allowed to even have an egg. Many tried applied, some were lucky enough to enter the school and even less was allowed to have an egg.
Whether the reason was due to the actual hard work, not being able to pass the strict written test or if there was not enough eggs to go around, I do not know. But I do know what was passed down to me from my grandfather.
Dragonopia became very prosperous and quite powerful. Some said too powerful in the lives of regular humans. They even were judges of the courts. They were hard and tough beings. Their hearts must have turn to stone for they gave out such stern decisions in the court. Some say that they barely heard what was said by either side and had made up their minds before they even held court.
All of the Dragon Riders had magical powers as well. Fearsome powers like being able to throw fire across the room just to turn a person to ashes…. Just like that! Some even were able to appear and disappear like ghosts. There were so many different powers that these Riders held that people became very scared of them. Scared enough to declare war on the Dragon Riders.
At first it was just not coming to meetings when they were called or not showing up in court or not paying the high fees of protection.
The Dragon Riders were not happy in the least. But they tried to reason with the people about needing their supplies and their taxes. Finally the people seemed to give in. The Dragon Riders got their taxes and supplies but the food was tainted with various poisons and diseases. They tried to fight back without fighting. It did work for a while but after a while the Dragon Riders caught on. They had a mage who could tell diseased food from good food. The person who gave the diseased food had to cook it and eat several helpings as punishment for the crime of pestilence spreading.
Once more the people refused to give the Dragon Riders anything for the loss of the family member- usually young males who had the job of taking the food to the collection centers- and they declared an all out war on the Dragon Riders.
Of course the Dragon Riders would not stand for this and fought back. But the Dragon Riders had become lazy and not as quick as they once were except the young ones who were in training or not out very long. The techniques and skills were diminished by not working out and by over eating. Even the dragons had become lazy and sluggish due to the lack of exercise and overeating.
With that in mind, the war was pretty even. The war went on from springtime when everyone should have been planting crops to the dead of winter where the last of the Riders and Dragons disappeared from the face of the Earth.
Some say however….. deep in a hidden cave lay many eggs of the Queens. Yes there were more than one Queen. Each species of dragons had a Queen Mother. She was the main egg layer and would protect all of the eggs with her life. All of the females had to bow down to her for she was always the best of them. She was the strongest, fastest and the most intelligent of all of the females and she would not mate with a lesser dragon. To do that would thin her blood line. So it was always a contest to mate with the Queen of any of the dragon species.
Except for this one last time where all of the males that were left mated with the Queens. They knew that their hours were limited and they wanted their species not to die out. Even if they could not see their young, they wanted them to have a chance to live in the future time. Each Queen rider was a Mage of Magic Spells and after each Queen had laid their eggs, the Rider would close the cavern with a sleep spell of protection. She then would lay with her own mate, become pregnant with his seed, then leave by a secret way of the Riders, never to return again. She would pass on what she knew to her child once it was born. And the child would pass the information to his or her children who would pass it on their children.
The Hundred Years of Sleep of Protection Spell should be nearing the end. Then Dragonopia open her secrets once more. Students will be trained by a new set of leaders and hopefully they have learned from their past mistakes. Hopefully the eggs will wake from their long sleep unharmed and healthy. Hopefully the bonds will be made strong and last long.
The Lore Master took a deep breath before continuing on.
“This time will be different from the last time. I will be leading the Dragon Riders and Dragon Riders will have a specific code to go by. Here are the Laws that I have set so far. More will be added. These are based on what is considered to be the downfall of the last group of Dragon Riders.
1) Leaders are Leaders-They must keep their morals higher, must have a monogamous relationship with their mate, will keep order and laws.
2) All people are equally able to do jobs. Everyone has their own specialty.
3) Males cannot force females to lay down for a pecking.
4) Females cannot flaunt their wares.
5) Everyone will pull their own weight and will do chores.
6) Teachers will do their best to teach each student on an individual basis if they need extra tutoring.
During the winter months, those of us who have had Ancestors of the Dragon Riders will sit down and discuss what should be set into Laws. Until then these Laws must suffice and I will uphold them.
Any questions so far?” The Lore Master asked as she gazed around the room.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 am 

Mayleen replaced her pen into the black box. And looked down on the floor at a brown leather bag. She picked up the bag and set it on her lap. She wondered what was inside it. The lore mistress began telling the Legend of the Dragon Riders. She set the scroll on the table in front of and listened. She knew little of the history. The stories were skewed because the dragon riders were native people. The townspeople did not get along with them.

She was taught Dragonopia was a mythologic place. Now she was going for real! She was taught the famous dragon riders were given one dragon egg. The dragon riders had super magical abilities. What lore mistress said intrigued her and she would put to memory all she said.

"All of the Dragon Riders had magical powers as well. Fearsome powers like being able to throw fire across the room just to turn a person to ashes…. Just like that! Some even were able to appear and disappear like ghosts. There were so many different powers that these Riders held that people became very scared of them. Scared enough to declare war on the Dragon Riders.
At first it was just not coming to meetings when they were called or not showing up in court or not paying the high fees of protection.
The Dragon Riders were not happy in the least. But they tried to reason with the people about needing their supplies and their taxes. Finally, the people seemed to give in. The Dragon Riders got their taxes and supplies but the food was tainted with various poisons and diseases."

This she thought was horrible and hopped the riders fought back.

"They tried to fight back without fighting. It did work for a while but after a while the Dragon Riders caught on. They had a mage who could tell diseased food from good food. The person who gave the diseased food had to cook it and eat several helpings as punishment for the crime of pestilence spreading.

Mayleen committed to memory the laws. She hoped she could live up to keeping the laws. Her own tribe had similar laws.
"Here are the Laws that I have set so far. More will be added. These are based on what is considered to be the downfall of the last group of Dragon Riders.
1) Leaders are Leaders-They must keep their morals higher, must have a monogamous relationship with their mate, will keep order and laws.
2) All people are equally able to do jobs. Everyone has their own specialty.
3) Males cannot force females to lay down for a pecking.
4) Females cannot flaunt their wares.
5) Everyone will pull their own weight and will do chores.
6) Teachers will do their best to teach each student on an individual basis if they need extra tutoring".

When lore mistress asked for questions she looked around her before slowly standing, "Is it possible for us to visit or communicate with our tribal elders, friends, and families? What you say is important that my tribe ancestors were dragon riders. We have same laws. Elders need to know. We is taught a sacred place this Dragonopia."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am 

"I am afraid not, Mayleen. Those legendary dragon riders were born with powers but they were also destroyed by those powers. I am the only teacher and I have 3 students. The legendary dragon riders were able to throw fire or water across the room. What they did was wrong and what they people did were wrong. I want to make this Dragon Academy into an example of how to live in peace and harmony.
Perhaps one day we can communicate with people far away but not yet. One day you might be able to go visit your families but I do not know when yet." Lore Master spoke.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:25 pm 

"We can make a pact not tah hurt each other. We stay friends. Families worry. Can we have tavern lady send mail once a month? We come to tavern. She not know where we be. We no tell anyone. You approve letter. You or one of us come. Put letter in hidie place."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:41 pm 

The Lore Master listened and nodded.
"I will think on it and let you know later. Are we ready to move on? There is plenty to do today." she spoke as she looked at the class.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:56 pm 

Mayleen sat back down and toyed with the scroll. Not making any noise. She looked for reactions from the others. Did they feel like she did? Excited but a little concerned she would not see home or family for years. An awful lot to give up to raise a dragon and be a wizard that fights on a dragon's back. She would not be alone the others had to agree to the same.

"I guess I am ready if the others will come with me."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:21 pm 

Nikolas watched as the others signed their own scrolls, silence settling over them all for a few moments before the Lore Master began to speak. Accepting the satchel, Nikolas would never admit that he had looked at it with a hint of distaste, preferring his own bag made with his own two hands. However, now was not the time to argue, especially not with the person who would now be his teacher. He used the runes of his own tribes language to spell out his name. It was highly unlike the others would have anything similar to this so it should be safe. 

He listened quietly to the Lore Master speaking of the dragon riders of the past. Of the power they had, and the problems that had followed. When she got to the Laws, Nikolas heard himself inhale sharply at the third, being the only male in the group. He knew it wasn't personal, but it still made him duck his head to avoid making eye contact with the others.

He heard Mayleen stand again, seemingly a custom for her when asking questions. However, he was curious to the answer as it had been something he had wondered as well. When one was given, it wasn't one he was overly fond of. He was disconnected from his family, his friends, something that hadn't truly been done in all his nineteen years.

Having gotten an answer, Nikolas continued to keep his head down, a sign of respect as well as one of thought. When he heard Mayleen say she was ready, the northerner finally looked up, brushing his hair from his face where it had fallen.

"I am also ready." He stated. 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next