All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Survivor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia stitched him up. "Alright, we can't stay here forever, so we need a plan. We gotta get to safe ground. "The mountain can provide some decent hiding, however the coverage can be limited at times. but it might be safer than the Forrest. We have a better chance if we stick together. We can take turns being a look out. Trust me, i'm all for solidarity. I prefer it even but the Rebels 'visits' are getting more frequent. I would prefer not to be a prisoner again." She packed up her bag and waited for the other's input. She had a feeling the man she ran into would be less than willing to take part in a group effort, but Tasia knew he would be a good ally. The red head would as well.
"Shall we?" She questioned as she gave a quick peak to see if the coast was clear. They would need to pick a path that would provide coverage but be of least resistance.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 am 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Let me just say that I am willing to take anyone with me that will share the burdens, defense and advice. Their numbers are much greater than ours and they are hunting closer to my home than ever before. I have plenty of food to divide up, extra back packs and more but we need to move quickly for they may be heading this way. We must decide quickly and move out so that they do not find out about our where abouts.
All that are willing to go to my cabin, stand by me. The least amount of talking is best." Melody spoke quietly as she readied herself to leave.
Her mind asked if she was doing the right thing and her heart said yes she was while her gut instinct did not speak at all. Her gut instinct had always been her guiding factor. Now that it was silent, Melody was starting to become unsure of herself and with her decisions,

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)

Dry mouth, dry eyes, pain...such terrible terrible pain. Shooting pain in the rib area with each breath, but she couldn't cry nor shout. She had to survive, and she had to be quick and quiet about it. There was no telling of the state of things and no telling where she was. She lifted her head to look around. She was home on the military base.

"This is like fallout..."
Her voice was a jagged and dry whisper, it was the rasp of not having water for days and you could hear the pain in her voice. Remedy struggled to sit up and look around, she was weak and needed water. She got up slowly and carefully to look around her destroyed home for first aid and her emergency supplies.

Wait, was this nuclear? She thought differently, the water could wait. If this was nuclear, she needed to shower and get any of the left over radiation off herself. She hobbled with a hand protectively over her ribs as she went into the bathroom and turned the shower on to cold and stripped down to nothing. She stepped into the shower scrubbing the dirt off her body and hopefully anything from a nuclear attack though it was probably too late depending on how long she was out for.

Remedy stepped out feeling a little more revitalized and moved on to grabbing some clothes that were hopefully not destroyed as well as her first aid and emergency aid supplies. After she completed the first task she moved into the decimated office and went to the side of the room where there was a loose floor board. She grabbed two guns, one from her brother and one she bought for herself, her first aid kit and her emergency supplies. Some MRE's from the military and bottled waters as well. This was all stuffed into her camping bag and slung over her back.

"Sh*t" she snapped, forgetting about her rib for a moment. The motion from slinging the back pack almost caused her to double over in pain. Remedy composed herself and grabbed a water and an MRE that she left out and consumed them before dressing some small wounds and wrapping her abdomen.

"Ok, let's see what's out here" she said, moving outside to see what the damage was.

Upon stepping outside her jaw dropped and tears instantly wet her eyes. This was home, and it was gone. It was destroyed and deserted and dead. It felt and smelled like death.

Were there any survivors?

Chester...

→×← | +
MyCreations

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

James rolled his eyes at the woman. If she had wanted to shoot them she would have done so already, there was no point in even mentioning it at this point. Crossing his arms over his chest. What did she want? Nobody ever just offered help anymore unless there was something they wanted from it. He eyed the woman, trying to figure it out when he heard the other one, the one who had been stitching up the downed man's leg speaking about places they could go and use for cover, which was smart. It was the part about sticking together that was bothering him. James noted how she said she didn't want to be a prisoner again, filing that piece of information away for later if what he dreaded was coming true and the little band of survivors was going to be a team now.

James once more turned back to the redhead upon hearing that the rebels were hunting close to her home. Was this why she wanted their help? To defend her home? Heck, James had already been there, done that with the army, he was not in favour of doing it again.

"Seems kind of risky to me, joining up together." James said, arms still crossed. "Makes for a bigger target." Not to mention supplies would be spread a lot thinner, they would be slowed down, and James didn't exactly have the best impression of these people. He didn't say any of this out loud, but he didn't think he had to. When the sounds of branches snapping and underbrush being crushed under foot met his ears, James uncrossed his arms, adjusted his bag straps and turned to face the redhead.

"Guess we don't got much of a choice now do we Red?" His tone easily gave away his irritation with the whole idea.

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm 

Melody frowned at the man at the name 'Red.' She crossed her arms and spoke calmly in spite of her internal warnings.

"Look, you don't have to join up together. Nor do I have to give out my spare supplies. I can always chuck what I don't want take into the septic tank out back. Let me lay down my simple law. Either come or go on your own. I have managed so far to elude Them and I plan on doing so until I have enough people who support my ideas of freedom. I will travel on my own if I need to. I am only offering you what I am not taking before I dump it in the septic system and perhaps I should if you are going to be negative.

You.... the one who called me Red. Don't call me Red again. Just call me lass. Or even girl. We might be a bigger target but together we can be eyes and ears for each other. Not that I have ever been in war, there is something about being alone with no buddies to help and support you that will bring a person down. Like him for example. He is being helped because someone cared enough to help. Also, insanity can set in on some people. I think that I am still sane but right now I am beginning to doubt it.

Each person may say yea or nay to coming with me. I am leaving in 5 minutes or less come what may. I have stated all that I am willing to state. So do me a favor and say yea or nay so I can be on my way." Melody spoke as she looked at each one.

Her gut instinct says that They are coming closer and closer. Not that she could her them yet which in her mind is good. If she could she not be kneeling here speaking but on the run. She actually was turned to run up the gully and leave them if they did not want to go. It had to be done by mutual agreement or it would not work being in a group.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:14 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Anna was uncertain what to do. She had come out of her house and then, by some miracle, or perhaps misfortune, had stumbled across a cluster of survivors. They were armed and dangerous and appeared to be discussing something among themselves. She could not tell exactly what was going on. But it didn't look too good. So she decided to keep her distance from them. For now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Tasia sighed heavily, "Alright look, you haven't even told us anything about your cabin. While i agree we can look out for each other, i will admit that if your cabin is in the woods we would be at greater risk than we would in the mountains. Me stitching him up has nothing to do with care. I don't want to be sniffed out and since he seems intent on dragging me around then i need him to not wreak of weakness. Might i also add that i have managed to well on my own too?" Tasia huffed, "Look i don't feel like hearing this anymore." Tasia looked at James, "Your right it is a risk, a risk to my sanity." She slung her bag over her good shoulder. Her 'bad' shoulder was achy but much better than when she had started the day.

"Red. Lass. Girl. Whatever. let me tell you something about war. I've seen ugly things. people do awful things to each other. hence the reason we are all hesitant to jump on your band wagon. you have provided no information. You just showed up arrows blazing. Telling us to come to your cabin. WAR teaches you to NEVER blindly trust. So tell me one good reason why i should follow you. I have my own supplies. I've survived, war, and been through hell. You seem to think you can gain peace of mind, well what is in it for me? I'm allowed to be selfish is this barren world. And i don't know how else to explain it other than to be blunt." Tasia said flatly as she checked the ammo in her gun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm 

Tears began to roll down her face. Yes war was a cruel joke. She knew this well. Her brother thought it was like the video games that he played. It wasn't and he paid dearly for it.

"While I never saw the war itself, I have seen the end results. I have not told anyone about where it is nor have I been foolish enough to say anything to anyone until now. I think that I am a blasted fool to speak to any of you.
Yes, I know that a war is not a video game that some liked to play.
Yes, I have seen some really bad results of the war and had to get rid of the bodies after they left this world.
Yes, I have other weapons than this bow but they are much noisier.
Yes, I have things that not many other have and it is because of this war.
Yes, I know not to blindly trust which is why I said a prayer before speaking to you. I have received my answer.
I may not have seen the war itself but the effects have changed my out look on life. I am leaving now. If you want to follow, follow but I have changed my mind about sharing perhaps. Best of luck to all of you." Melody spoke quietly then turned away.
She walked into the woods to begin the long trek home once more, not looking back at them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

James couldn't believe what he was hearing. This woman would just throw perfectly good supplies away? Did she not see the state of the world? It was probably one of the dumbest moves someone could make. 

He made an annoyed sound somewhere between a huff and a groan when she called him out for calling her 'Red'. Wasn't exactly like he knew her name, or had any intention to learn it. He didn't need the little talk she gave him either. 

James was liking the other woman more and more. She seemed to understand what the hell was going on and had her damned head screwed on right. 

He listened in silence as 'Red' spoke again, watched as she began walking off. She was clearly not as 'fine' as she had put off to be.

"If we go with you," James hated how he had basically just included the others with himself, they weren't a team! "You share what you got, and we retain the ability to leave should it not work out." He didn't want to enter into some binding thing that would make him responsible for the others, but the idea of getting some new stuff was appealing. And with the sounds of people approaching getting louder, they had to move, and soon. 

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 pm 

"That is fine with me. I am not a leader or a follower but I can see that there are advantages of being a small group. I am leaving so anyone that wishes to follow me, feel free. I will stop occasionally so that we don't get too far apart. You people have not seen the hidden side of the war. I have." she spoke softly, not caring if anyone heard her or not. She only paused once to adjust the backpack. She then went deeper into the woods.

After 15 minutes of solid non stop walking, she paused and leaned against a tree behind a bush where she would be mostly hidden. She then wondered what she was going to do for sure. She would lead them to the cabin and give out what they wanted. The MRIs were barely edible and not at all palatable. She adjust the flavor by add different spices and bullion powder. She had her own ways of fixing dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm 

Tasia rolled her eyes, and mumbled a few things under her breath, "Turning down supplies would be stupid, and at least i retain the ability to leave.." She weighed her options. She clutched her shoulder and as much as she hated to admit it she knew that she could probably benefit from being in a group. Tasia was still guarded. She look at the man whom she had mended "i patched you but your gonna have to walk on your own." She knew people were growing closer and she decided to follow the girl to the cabin. Although she still wasn't completely sold. She had been betrayed by her family, how could she trust strangers? She was going to have to make damn sure they didn't find out who she was. At least the war had taken care of most of the legal documents so she didn't have to worry about that.

She headed up out of the ditch, taking a deep breath and headed out in the direction the girl went. For a moment she loathed herself. She couldn't believe she was making herself vulnerable. After a moment of feeling this she realized it was more fear. Fear of the unknown. This could all go really bad for every party involved or it could work out. But nevertheless she was fear full. Her shoulder was still hurting and Tasia began to wonder if her injury was worse than she realized.she switched her bag to the other side to take pressure off the shoulder and while that helped some the pain was still present.

As Tasia walked she thought back to a memory, the flashes were a painful memory and she tried hard to suppress them but her mind wouldn't allow it. She was young, about 7. She wore a nice dress with lace and all the frilly girly things. She was in the back garden of the mansion. The maid off to the side cleaning the rug and the gardeners tending to the flowers. Just as quickly as the memory started peacefully it turned ominous. The light hue that her mind painted it in turned dull and dark. And the yelling seemed so loud that it muffled the real world. She tried once again to stop the memory but it was useless. As she stood in the garden she watched the horror unfold and she tried to stop it. As she grew desperate to shut the flashback off, she squeezed her shoulder. The amount of pain this caused washed the flashback away and gave her relief from that. She would rather feel the pain of the shoulder than deal with a flashback.