All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:53 pm 

Frustrated

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Not even I know. I can sense evil, and I am the manifestation of Good in the universe. Hence the name. I spell it differently but that's only to give the impression it's a name." He sighed. "I'm afraid I can't know exactly what the universe is threatened with. I can tell it's quite powerful, maybe even more powerful than you, but I can sense it's unable to enter the universe by it'self, it's sending in minions, or whatever they are to it's mind."

"There is a portal about to open and stay open indefinitely above Phoenix in the next hour. You are the only ones able to enter into the Portal other than some secret others."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: The Reincarnation Wars
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm 

Matt looked around with an incredulous expression, standing up and looking at everyone else.
How...How is everyone believing him? He's crazy, he must of drugged us or-
His internal monologue was cut off from a thought. A thought that wasn't his. Yet it was...Oh gosh he was going mad. But he decided to believe the guy for now...After all it was his thought...Or past self thought?

Matt wiped at his face, as if he were wiping away his problems. Too bad life wasn't as simple as that.
Or his used to be, till he made the mistake of coming here.
His face red was beet red, eyes welling up with frustrated tears, but he refused to cry. Man, he needed to get it together. He didn't have a choice after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You have only one life, and it's up to you to make it the best life you can."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

"How in the name of Hades....ooouchhh.... man that hurt....." Anna spoke as she lifted her head and turned to face the older man.'
"I shouldn't have moved so quickly but back to my point. How are we to fight unknown aliens with unknown powers that we never used in this life? I mean I never had any powers and I am not sure that I do have any of these powers without a bit of experimenting. Also I am a pacifist. A librarian and a pacifist."

Ann was now slowly looking around the room at the others who she ignored when she got there. None of them match any super hero any more than she did. She wondered what the others were thinking.

"Hey people. Speak up now. If there is just a half hour before action time, we need to understand what we are getting into.
Anyone else have any doubts like I have?" Anna finally asked as she picked up her sandwich and bit into it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:03 pm 

Floating

Blog: View Blog (2)

Given that he passed out onto a hard wood floor Taylor felt fine. Groggy, but fine. As he sorted through the memories he left his dark little corner completely confused. "Uh, Mr. Goode, Sir, what the heck is happening? I think I passed out and now I'm hearing that you can sense evil and darkness is coming and, what is going on??" He was tired and confused. He decided that if random people send out invitations to a club without an explaination, don't accept. "Don't say my father's name in vain! The heck... Forget I said that Miss. I am so sorry. I am quite worried. I'm not a fighter, I'm more like a puncing bag" When he moved forward into the light, he was hit with more memories, more feelings of pain and anxiety. His own.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

While everyone spoke their mind, Kyle silently took it in, continuing to inspect his fists while doing so. At first, he'd done so to confirm that 'Kyle' was in control, but soon realized he wasn't the only life drawn to the sight. Thinking about what that meant, and what the situation demanded, he spoke up for all to hear.

"I'm going to fight. Not because I believe in Mr. Good Guy, but because I've got things to protect here." Turning towards Anna, he continued, "Librarian, even if you're a pacifist, you can still support us. It seems most of my past selves were also punching machines, but even if it's not as clear-cut for you, search for one that can help fighters do their job." Without missing a beat, he turns back to the crowd, "As for the rest of you, take the next minute to decide if you'll be joining the battle. If you can't reach a decision in that time, then leave. War is unforgiving and I need allies who won't hesitate. Once I know who we're working with, we'll establish who we're working with."

As his words hung in the air, Kyle looked at them all plainly, simply waiting for their answers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 pm 

Matt turned his head so he was staring right at Kyle. He was right, even if he didn't trust Mr. GoodGuy he still had things he was protecting. Something worth fighting for.
But what was Matt fighting for.

It took a few moments, but Matt figured out what he was fighting for. It wasn't for a girl, nor for his family.
Matt was fighting for himself. If he's gonna die why not die fighting?
"Ok."
He finally said, standing tall to face everyone.
"I'm in."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:15 am 

Floating

As, Taylors 30 second trip down memory lane ended, he listened to th coversations with fear. Something bad was coming. And now he had to choose fight or flight, honor or cowardice. He wondered what he would fight with. What was it that would keep him going. Family, friends, 'the greater good'. None of those, he would fight for a chance to live, to be a semi-normal college kid. "Okay so let's hypothesize for a moment here. If we were to fight, how would we fight it? Are we like the power rangers in which we just magically gained powers?" He was quiet but loud enough to be heard, but has he finished his sentence he had a new idea. "Okay, new theory. Do any of you have lives with powers or impressive skills? For example, one of mine was an archer, another had healing powers." If he was right, they were headed a whole new realm of trouble.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am 

While he expected silence for some time, Matt declared his intent sooner than Kyle expected. Perhaps he'd underestimated him, but time would soon tell what any of them were worth, himself included. Acknowledging his resolve with a slight nod, Kyle turned toward Taylor, patiently waiting as he mulled things over. The fear was clear on his face, but rather than offer an out, assuring him there'd be no shame in leaving, he decided to give Taylor the chance, to overcome this pressure as he had the last. And to his pleasure, the kid did, already moving them into their next discussion.

"Seems like we're decided, then," Kyle smiled, "As Taylor said, we need to make use of our skills. The problem is, we don't have time to master them all, much less one of them. What we can do is make one of them a usable weapon. It's up to you to decide which life you'll use, but try to pick one that's intuitive. The less time we have to devote to understanding these abilities, the better we'll be in battle." Pausing for a moment, ensuring everyone followed up to there, he then adds, "I'm sure you all felt your current selves slipping away when that box opened. Even now, it's a bit unsettling to feel those past selves, but what we need is a way to use them, so take what you need and leave the rest."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:09 pm 

“I have three past lives that used herbs. I do not have any at this moment so it is not possible to use one of these people unless I use Circe to turn enemies into wild beasts with her magic wand. Which again I do not have……..
That leaves Agnes Nutter who did prophecies but the twist on her is that it was a prophecy of one of her own lineage. Not sure if that is useful or not.
And the last one who is Susan Storm. If I remember correctly, she was the Invisible Woman…... Her primary power deals with light waves, allowing her to render herself and others invisible. She can also project powerful fields of invisible psionic energy which she uses for a variety of offensive and defensive effects. And the one that I understand least.” Anna spoke thoughtfully as her head cleared to the point where she could freely think.
She was now finished with her sandwich and took a drink as she thought more about what to do.
“My decision is to join and be the medic of the group. I’ll get my med kit out of my suitcase and my backpack will do well enough for this. Is there a naturalist shop or a Wiccan shop where I might be able to pick a few things?” Ann spoke seriously.
“One last question is how will we get to this appointed spot?”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:53 pm 

Frustrated

"You can enter the portals above Phoenix at will." Mister Goodeman stated. "As long as you within one square kilometer of the portals you can enter and leave at will. It-" Suddenly a sound of thunder could be heard throughout Phoenix, and Mister Goodeman vanished. Red lights appeared above the city.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 pm 

"What in the world?...... I think that we have been invaded........" Anna pulled up a street map of the area and saw a Wiccan Store just several doors down the road.
"I gotta go get some stuff.... anyone coming with me? I am not sure what to do but I will need to do something like right now."

For being a librarian, Anna moved quickly to the door and peered outside to see what there was outside.....

"May be better to call and see if they have what I want........" Anna declared as she stepped back from the bloody red lights outside.
She arranged for a beginning kit of medicinals and bandages. A staff and a wand would included. The shop owner would have it ready in next to no time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 am 

Floating

"So portals, impending evil, magical powers, and a whole bunch of strangers. I'm suprised I haven't freaked out yet. Never mind - how is nobody freaking out! We are average people! People about to fight a war with a bunch of random strangers, and nobody is even a little freaked out!" The entire weight of the situation finally crashed down, so he started to pace. ' "Why am I so scared. I mean its like it's not even, my own, fear." He went stock still with his realization. "Holy crap. I can feel other people's emotions." And he was back to excitable fanboy. "Sorry. I'm a little overwhelmed. It's actually you and not me. That's why I'm so chatty and so brave and so scared. Because you guys are. So I think I found my place. I'm an empath, I bet if I tried, I could feel when the darkness comes around, and if I really tried I could remember a few combat skills. Also if we are gonna do this we should probably get to know each other. All in favor of a little small talk on the way to the store with library lady?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:29 am 

As the librarian raced for the door, determined to get things moving, Kyle prepared to follow. But when the outside world convinced her to stay away, he began to wonder where Goodeman had went - not because he particularly cared, but there were a number of questions he'd planned to ask. Now it seemed that even a few minutes might be hoping too much. The blood red sky continued to roar, resonating deeply with something inside him, perhaps someone.

With a short sigh, Kyle addressed the room, in a voice far too plain for their situation, "Looks like we're out of time. Guess it's a genuine trial by fire now. Try to dig deep, people; we'll need a lot more than their...our past thoughts to survive this."

Within moments, Taylor spoke up, understandably anxious at how things were unfolding. "Well, once again, it's like you said, Taylor. These emotions aren't fully our own - not yet, anyway. Much as I'd like to treat these lives as information, separating the knowledge and emotion isn't so simple." Glaring at his right hand, he finds himself forming a tight fist, almost shaking with anticipation. "I suppose I'm lucky. There's one life that's really pulling through - a simple ability, ruthless attitude, heck, we even have the same profession. Guess I didn't change much since my last life...I'm just a bit slower to kill."

Raising his eyes to the rest of them, Kyle sees some concerned looks. "Well, guess I'm starting this share session." Though little changes in outward appearance, his eyes turn cold, inevitably keeping the ice as he attempts to breaks it. "My name's Kyle Bronwich. I lead a small-time gang in New York. Started it up when the daily bloodshed from gang wars became too much to bear. So my group and I ended it, with even greater bloodshed." Letting the words settle for a moment, he went on, "Recently, we've just been keeping the peace, but now there's a new threat, and unlike most, it's not scared of my history." For a brief moment, the air around his fist became dense, overflowing with destructive force, "Not yet, anyway."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:34 pm 

Matt watched as everyone named off things they could use when fighting, eyebrows furrowed as he thought through what he could use.
Matt had a lot of choices, some cooler than others, but one really stuck out to him.
It was simple, and fun! Two for the price of one.

"Ugh, stop with the sappy backstory-"
Matt waved his hand dismissively, rolling his eyes,
"-I'm Matt, and I'm going to defeat them by beating them up!"
Laughing, Matt puffed out his chest.
" I'm the Best after all!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:29 pm 

Frustrated

Suddenly, the team find themselves in the portal. . . what they saw all around them may have filled some with horror. An alien hive. Facehuggers, a few chest bursters, drones and warriors were running all over the area. Above them, there were some xenomorphs crawling on the ceiling. There were hundreds of them. Hundreds of them were surrounding the small team of superheros on all sides. Meanwhile, Jake, one of the team members who was too shocked beyond words to speak, gasped. . . Suddenly, pulling out a lightsaber, he readied himself for a battle.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:09 pm 

Floating

Taylor snorted at Matt's answer. Right before the stupid portal opened he said "And how, oh idiototic fool, are you gonna do that? A one, two punch and hope they go down? As funny as that is I don't think that'll work. Nice try though, Matt. Nice try. As for sob stories, the simple version of my life is this; my name is Taylor Lovett, I'm a nineteen year old college freshman, a 6th grare math tutor, and was bullied in 6th - 12th grades. Oh yeah and my parents are CEOs of the largest record production agency in thw country. I'm also trying to decipher why I'm so intri -" Que portal opening. And a major headache. "SUGAR HONEY ICED TEA!!! THE FRICK ARE THOSE!!! Yo anybody got a sword or bow and arrows for me to use cuz right now we are super screwed without em" All of a sudden the he had a bow in his hand and arrows on his back. "Aww thanks portal" And they were attacked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 pm 

Anna was hoping against all odds that her new things would be soon delivered. She couldn't figure out why they needed to know each other beyond names at this particular moment since death seemed to be on the door step and not waiting to be let in. She was not going to expound beyond her name with danger just outside of the door.

By now her body was beginning to feel funny. All tingly like and like she should be doing something useful- not just standing around. The urge was getting stronger by the minute when she was suddenly sucked into the portal.
"They are from my worst night mare for sure......." Anna spoke softly as she bent the light waves to become invisible.
"Everyone to me! So I can do something!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm 

After listening to the last two introduce themselves, Kyle turned toward the librarian, the only ally without a known name. But in the blink of an eye, she vanished...and what's more, the room had vanished, their surrounding now resembling a massive cavern. As he scanned the terrain, Taylor's outburst gave him pause. Whipping his head around, he was greeted by the sight of countless monstrosities - the kind which no horror movie could hope to do justice.

Taking in the enemy swarm, and the frantic rally of the librarian, Kyle shouted back. "We've already been seen. Willing ourselves out the portal is one thing, but if we all disappear after walking to you, we'll get rushed. Stay hidden and support the others." Having said what he needed, Kyle found his cold eyes become heated as a mad grin tore across his face, sights set on the fight ahead. He'd long treated killing as a means to an end; something to think through and carry out. But right now, any hesitation he'd have felt was overrun by immense bloodlust. In the briefest of moments, through an unusually deeper voice, he said, "Cover your ears."

With that, the ground beneath Kyle's feet crumbled as he leaped into the center of the horde, throwing a test punch at a passing Xenomorph. Judging by the sensation of impact, it was clearly organic. Shooting a wild glare across the room, smiling at the sheer amount of prey, Kyle took a deep breath, allowing emptiness to claim the air and the horde a chance to strike back, before unleashing a devastating roar - one that would kill most organisms who heard it unguarded.

Last edited by Shift on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

Frustrated

The battle would be over quickly. . . over a score of the beasts were taken down mercilessly by light sabers, spells and other attacks, before the rest of the beats lurched backwards and retreated, somewhat a distance away, still in the room with the protagonists, but not within striking distance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm 

Floating

After Kyle hell screamed Taylor was hit with 5 different emotions. Fear, courage, horror, rage, and dizziness. Fear and horror from the monsters and the guy's scream. Rage from the dark headache he was gaining and dizziness from the disorienting scream. "Geez man give us little more warning than 'stand back' you aren't Kira from Power Rangers and we are trapped in a room with xenomorphs. Also anybody got a plan to get out? Cuz as badass with these weapons as we are, we need a plan. And quickly" Taylor said eying the ferocious looking beasts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next