All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Reincarnation Wars
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 pm 

Frustrated

Blog: View Blog (1)

It's an alternate universe, 2017. Technology is what runs the universe of the ordinary citizen on Earth. In Phoenix, Arizona, there is a night club where various people are meeting, all with a magical compulsion that causes them to look for and join night club. This is just another day in their ordinary life, until now. The lights all come on, the music stops and strange men and women have met each other for the first time. Then, our protagonists begin to converse. Everyone is waiting to meet a reclusive patron who has funded their travels to the night club, and who claims to have a reward for them. Outside, the night club is a large deluxe studio apartment, with many windows that were closed. Inside, the golden embroidered drapes, the lights, the colors and sounds were both foreign and local. At the moment, Dido's White Flag was being played. However, soon the club became quiet.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 pm 

Matt inhaled slowly, smoke drifting lazily into the air before dissipating into thing air. Slowly, his lungs felt as if they were being wrapped in a warm blanket and stress slowly melted away. He knew smoking wasn't a good idea, being a professional athlete and all, but his body was seriously craving the nicotine at the moment. What was one little smoke really going to do?
After getting every last bit of nicotine he could out of it, he simply flicked it to the floor. Pulling out his phone in one motion.
He was going to have a party with some of his buddies this weekend, but he got an invite to...this. So far, it was really letting him down.

Matt exhaled, a seemingly permanent scowl on his face increasing as he watched his phone die in his hands. Great, now he actually had to socialize with the losers who were here. Something he wasn't particularly exited for.

"You have only one life, and it's up to you to make it the best life you can."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm 

Floating

Blog: View Blog (2)

Taylor was quite confused when he got the invite. He questioned it in the days leading up to the event, how did they find me, what do I have to do with this, why me? But he went anyway. He walked in and immediately dove for a corner to do his homework. Yup, no rest for the weary. So as he finished up, he looked around, and decided that it was a great day to be alone. And stayed right in that little corner hoping he wouldn't be seen in his glasses and sweater vest. But as the night dragged on, Taylor grew bored. With this emotion, unquenched by even his favorite gamer, he decided to wander around a bit. All the while, muttering to himself "Maybe I'll make a friend before the party starts," and other self-assuring babbles.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Leaning back on the bar, was a man donned in jet black, the class exuding from his attire utterly spoiled by his wild spiky hair. Swirling a drink in hand, he continued scanning the room, searching for someone who explained what this party was. When someone like Kyle, whose hands were stained in enough blood, and whose dealings brought no end of enemies, was invited anywhere, the intentions were usually clear; but this wasn't the case tonight. Kyle's ring of influence didn't extend beyond his home city, and he was fairly certain the same went for his enemies, so why was he drinking gin in some far off nightclub?

Greeted by all the trimmings of a typical night club, it seemed answers were a ways off; but as he turned back to his drink, Kyle spotted someone who was more than a bit out of place. Leaving his drink on the counter, and some money for the bill, he approached the young kid who sorely clashed with his surroundings - sporting a sweater vest and social timidity that almost irked Kyle on principle.

After closing the distance, he sternly called out, "Hey, kid! Shouldn't you be holed up in a library? You look painfully out of place."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:39 am 

Trying to get the ball rolling with some RP.

An invitation to a night club? How did that happen? Vance could understand a little if it was a job offer to work in their kitchen or something, but it was to actually join the club? How? He wasn't even sure he'd get past the front door. A night club usually meant there were tons of peoples dressed ever-so-nicely. He didn't have much to dress with, but he made due with what he had.

As Vance arrived to the club, he looked around for anyone familiar, but having no such luck with that. He had no idea what this was about, or what was going to happen. He was completely in the dark, and that was a position he didn't really care for. Still, he went along with it for now, trying to gather data and info around him as he went.

He then eyed Kyle heading towards the kid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:48 am 

Floating

When Taylor heard the voice his first thought was 'I'm screwed. I'm so screwed. Okay be calm and just act normal.' Saying that he failed on that front would be an understatement. "H-hi, I, um, I. I'm. Tay-" He stopped, took a breath, and calmed down, as the black clad man seemed intent on burn a hole into his soul. "Let me try that again." Standing up straighter, looking the man in the eye, with nothing but annoyance and seriousness. "My name is Taylor. As for being holed up in a library, I came straight from class. My school has a strict dress code. Unfortunately it makes me look like a nerd. If I'd had the opportunity, I would've changed into more appropriate attire. You are correct on one front; this isn't my scene. My scene is teaching a bunch of twelve year olds, how to algebra. Or better yet, watching Markiplier scare the crap out of himself. But why are you here? You seem bored at best?" Taylor said exuding confidence, at least he hoped. He also didn't want to get on this man's bad side. Taylor got the feeling this man was much more dangerous than he let on.

“Out the five of us there are two Slytherins, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. And the griffindor is the only straight one.... My god it’s a Hogwarts rainbow.” Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:05 pm 

It seemed as if all eyes were on the pair, it being really the only confrontation that seemed remotely interesting. He swung his legs off the table, taking a swig of the beer he had set next for them. In a small part of his brain, he hoped for a confrontation between the two. It would probably release some pent up frustration. That or a bar room brawl. Now that would be fun. But he would have to hide that fact from his team, or he would probably be suspended from games. Something he really didn't want.

Matt let out a bark of laughter, sniffing his giggles in his beer cup. How old was the kid, ten?
"Markiplier..."
Matt mumbled under his breath, a sly grin on his face. Pushing the fact that he was a fan of Mark too under the rug. That wasn't important.
Still, the kid had guts to "stand up" to the guy like that. The man seemed like he wanted to intimidate him, but he was able to push through it. Didn't mean he wasn't a loser like the rest of them, just less of a loser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:04 pm.
Reason: (pure OOC in IC thread)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:30 pm 

As the kid's first words began fumbling out, a scowl slid across Kyle's face, preparing himself for a pathetic display. But as the kid took his breath, and began again, the air around him changed. Slightly raising an eyebrow, Kyle focused on Taylor til he'd finished speaking. Few things annoyed him more than babbling and hesitation; thankfully, the kid avoided one of them. He'd given a quick and, more importantly, clear answer.

A small smile formed on Kyle's lips, laughing to himself at what he'd just witnessed. Enough people crumbled under pressure, but even when he couldn't blame them for it, it'd still annoy him. Seeing this kid push through put him in a much better mood. Hopefully he'd follow through for the rest of their talk.

Not breaking eye contact for a moment, Kyle carried on with the new tempo as if it were natural. "Well said. A bit excessive, but well said. My name's Kyle, and figuring out why I'm here is the question of the night. Unfortunately, I don't like the idea of waiting for someone to hand me the answer. Given how misplaced you look, I thought you might've been asked here on short notice as well. Was that a fair thought?" At this point, Kyle's eyes softened slightly, but kept careful watch of how Taylor responded.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Miss Anna Miller got off the bus near the hotel in some town that she had not ever been in. She was quite late for the bus was late due to a flat tire. She went into the hotel and checked in. She went to the room and changed into a simple pants suit, ran a brush through her hair and got her large purse with a lot of things in it. She did double check to make sure that her pad of paper was in there as well as her invitation to this strange party. She took out most of the money and place in the room safe before she left the room.

The night club was just a few doors away from the hotel. A nice short walk and would get her appetite started. Perhaps there will be a nice
steak sandwich and fries. She smiled at the thought of a good meal.

Anna walks into the night club and looks around to see a few people sitting about and chatting or sitting in a corner. She headed to the bar to order her sandwich with a soda. While she waited, she took out her note pad and began to jot a few notes as a reminder of her time here while she waited.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 am 

Floating

Taylor thought for a moment on how to respond. He decided to go with the friendly yet honest approach. "Yes it was. I received the invite less than a week ago, and unfortunately the club opened when my last class ended. Waiting for answers is quite tedious, and to be honest, quite boring. As for my long winded speech, I apologize. I'm, socially awkward and selectively mute. I normally say about five or six repeated words in the course of a month. Also I think everybody is staring at us, waiting to see if we'll start a fight. Or rather you hit me, and I curl up into a pathetic little of bad memories and tears." Taylor laughed awkwardly, hoping to releave some of the tension in the air. All the while, still looking into Kyle's eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm 

Frustrated

The man entered into everyone's presence. Seemingly without a word, but then, within moments, the pale skinned elderly man in the old fashioned British business suit and bowler's hat spoke. "My name is Mister Goode." He tipped his hat to everyone. "I don't know why I basically chose a rave for us all to meet, but for some silly reason that's what I decided on. My name is Mister Goode, as I said before, and I am your host." He also carried a cane. "I have a very special gift for all of you, the real reason you are here."

"Gentlemen, ladies, I have something that belongs to you." A box was given to all of the participants, each carrying their name and their memories being awakened. Once the recipient of the name tag saw their tags, they would instantly remember who they were.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm 

Softly chuckling at his answer, Kyle's eyes stopped searching Taylor, simply returning a friendly gaze. "I appreciate the clear answers. Seems like you prefer an active approach as well, so hope this talk didn't bother you much. My line of work seeps into social settings, too, so people usually anticipate a fight." Looking around the room, Kyle glances over the spectators, lingering briefly on a lone athlete before continuing, "If they're hoping for a fight though, they're idiots. They should just start one themselves."

As those words hung in the air, he faced Taylor one last time, "I'll be getting back to my drink. Feel free to join me if you get bored." But as he started back to the bar, smiling from his encounter, a strange man drew all eyes to himself, including Kyle's. After declaring himself the host, and presenting boxes to several guests, Kyle briefly stared at the box before flicking it open. In a flash, he felt his heading swirling, quickly taking a knee as an agonizing sensation washed over him. It was as if his current self was being drowned out by the hopes, dreams, and echoes of other lives - his identity swiftly fading into oblivion. But as the eyes of his body fell on the name etched within the container, Kyle slowly floated back to the surface. Having broken out in a cold sweat, he took a few moments before raising himself off the ground, staring at his hands as if for the first time.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:03 pm 

Matt caught the eye of loser #2, a testy expression coming across his face. He decided then he didn't like the guy. Just cause he seemed like a threat.
He exhaled heavily into his cup, about to get another drink when the man walked in.

"Finally."
He murmured, rolling his eyes at the lengthy introduction. A small voice in the back of his head told him he should probably be kinder to the man who invited them all here...But he couldn't care less.
"Took you long enough"
Grabbing the box with more force necessary, he ripped it open.

Matt didn't even have time to think about what was happening, a sudden burst of information invading his mind. He was being wiped away, his very being stripped away piece by piece and replaced by complete strangers...No. they were not strangers. They were him...Yet they weren't. Their emotions, experiences, thoughts flooded over his own. He was almost gone, drowned out by the information when...It left as fast as it came.

Matt's vision blurred around his eyes, cold sweat dripping down his face to the floor.
His heavy breaths shaking his whole body.
Matt.
His name was Matt.
But at the same time, it wasn't. And it scared him.
He didn't understand, vision blurring as he took a few steps forward. Wobbling like a newborn lamb.
"W-What...Did you do?!"
He snapped, face contorted with rage as he held his head in his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm 

Floating

When Kyle left, he too went back to his previous activities. He heard the man's introduction and took is box with heed. He watched ensnared in all the different reactions he said, "This is why you don't take things from strange old men without caution." Taylor inspected the box wondering what it held that caused so many people including, his recent acquaintance Kyle, such agony. So he opened it. As he flashed through so many lives, filled with, deception, pain, joy, adrenaline, he went through all of it as if he were them. As other people were in pain, Taylor was thrilled. "Woah, that was totally wicked! It shouldn't be possible, but it is. I'm so thrilled but so tired. So right now I'm gonna pass out." And true to his word, he passed out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 pm 

Frustrated

"This is not my world. It may not be your world either. This is Earth, but this may not be your Earth." Mister Goodeman stated, maybe ominously. "Without my help, you are all doomed to assassination. You see, there is a problem. The world is targeted by many powerful creatures, because the Earth is a source of many powerful souls that are hidden away."

"To worsen the problem, people on Earth generally don't have magic or powers to help them fight the threats like this."

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:16 pm 

Anna watched the others as they fainted and had other ill effects from the box which she had yet to even touch. She looked at it suspiciously then to the man who called himself Mr Goodeman. She nudge the box with a pen tip and felt a dizzying feeling. She asked as she tried to keep her mind more clear.

"Mr Goodeman.... what happens if we don't open the so called gift? I have always been a nobody and maybe it would be best if I stayed a nobody..... I have no special powers or magic or anything......"

Anna kept fighting the effect of the box. It was hard to do and she wondered if she could hold out much longer. Her head was getting lighter and she was feeling a bit thinner?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 pm 

Frustrated

The Creator 7 wrote:
Anna watched the others as they fainted and had other ill effects from the box which she had yet to even touch. She looked at it suspiciously then to the man who called himself Mr Goodeman. She nudge the box with a pen tip and felt a dizzying feeling. She asked as she tried to keep her mind more clear.

"Mr Goodeman.... what happens if we don't open the so called gift? I have always been a nobody and maybe it would be best if I stayed a nobody..... I have no special powers or magic or anything......"

Anna kept fighting the effect of the box. It was hard to do and she wondered if she could hold out much longer. Her head was getting lighter and she was feeling a bit thinner?

"Then your enemies will hunt you down and probably murder you." He stated. He left nothing to the imagination. "Or worse. But you can fight back if you have powers like the others do. I would suggest taking me up on my free gift".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 pm 

Hesitantly, Anna opened the box to find a wash of mixed feelings overcome her. Flashes of what seemed like comic book images or perhaps some sort of a teen drawings. Sights and sounds flooded her mind. She fell forward to the counter to rest. She was very quiet and wonder what kind of powers she could have.

"Now what happens to us?" Ann asked as she rested. "I came all this way from my nice comfy librarian job for what?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 pm 

Trying to get the ball rolling with some RP.

So, after an episode with a the guy named Taylor and some kid who named himself...Markiplier...sounds like some kind of gamer tag...Vance then turned back to continue his scan of the room. Something bugged Vance about Matt's expression, like he was already tired of being here. Vance wasn't really sure what he was doing here himself. Not really sure what to make of Kyle yet. Then a girl walked into the room. Finally an alternate gender presence...still could use a few more to balance out the sausage fest. She seemed so meek and guarded.

Then an old man came in, calling himself Mister Goode. He spoke a bit like some kind of intro to some kind of epic destiny, straight out of a TV series or a video game. Vance wasn't really sure what to think of it until he was presented with a box. He was suspicious about the box, and the closer he got to it, the more his head began to get a bit of achy. As the others looked inside and they looked like something was changing inside of them. Vance was hesitant to even go near it now. But something, deep inside of him, was telling him to go forward, 'cause it might be a chance to break the monotony...a chance to go beyond this world, and even further...

With his stomach building up inside of him, he pushed past his trepidation and looked inside the box, seeing his name tag. It was at that moment that he felt a flood of memories and experiences fill his head. It was alot to take it at once and it was all so sudden, but he forced himself to hold on until the end not letting go until the-whatever-it-was had run its course.

When it was all done, he shivered, his mind full of memories and thoughts that were his, while not being his...he didn't know why, but these memories and thoughts were always a part of him, though he never even knew he was a part of such lives. He heavily breathed as he tried to calm himself.

He barely had enough to listen to Mister Goode go on about this world being in danger from some kind of creatures trying to kill them. If Vance was tired now, that woke him up, despite the rush of info and memories.

"Alright...so now that these name tags gave us this mind-flood of stuff, which I assume that we all knew all along but didn't really know until now, what now? What about these things supposedly trying to kill us, and where are they now, and how exactly do we defend ourselves? I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not exactly a fighter...at least not in reality." Vance had mustered alot to get up and say that.