Post subject: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

(OOC: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52471 )

In a world ruled by several kingdoms, the biggest kingdom was called the Kingdom of the Sun. In the capital of the Kingdom of the Sun, Solar, was the location of the headquarters of all the guilds of the Kingdom of the Sun. If you wanted to resign or sign up to a guild you had to go to the capital. Obtaining a higher level could be done at the various branches. The Kingdom of the Sun, was quite peaceful. Sure, there was this small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars, and the Kingdom of the Moon refused to meddle because they were on friendly terms with both the Kingdom of the Sun and the Kingdom of the Stars. But all of that was of no concern to the ordinary citizen. The Adventure Guild has a big bulletin board hanging up with all the available missions. The major religion was the Church of Light, they mainly recruited priests, healers, mages, and holy knights, but overall they were pretty harmless and advocates of peace, they were also trying to calm down the small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars.

Grey von Hallwyrn had acquired his master title as a mage not that long ago. However, then the Mage Guild suddenly wanted him to pay a higher contribution, because now he could earn more in missions. Grey didn't really feel like taking on any missions so he decided to simply quit the Mage Guild. He travelled all the way to Solar in order to resign. Resigning from the Mage Guild had been such a bother. He sighed as he stepped out of the headquarters. The amount of paperwork was incredible. They even wanted to be paid a fine too. Now that he was not a member of any guild anymore he was relieved that he didn’t have any more responsibilities. Grey pulled up his hood as he started to wander around the city, he always wears his hood when he is in a city or a more crowded area.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by Alucard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 pm.
Reason: is not a part of this roleplay.
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

Althaia Rose strolled through the streets of Solar on her way to the market after spending the past several hours training, as she often did. She was actually home for once, so she thought she'd prepare herself a nice meal with some fresh ingredients from the market. She didn't really have anyone to share the meal with, but it was nice to have a fresh cooked meal at home every now and then. Besides, there was something about cooking that had always been fun and relaxing to her.

She made her way to the market and began picking out the vegetables she'd need before moving on to the meats and other items. As she selected the ingredients for the food, she made a mental note to pick up some herbs and other ingredients for potions while she was out. She was running low on a few things, so she might as well stock up while she was out. There was nothing worse than starting a potion and not having everything you needed to finish it, after all. At any rate, she preferred to be prepared at all times, so she'd rather be overstocked than under stocked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am 

A Sinner...A Saint...A..little bit confused. :D

Subscriber

Medals: 1
Most Patient (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"Knock his damn head off!" Yelled a patron as two men stood in the middle of the tavern. Dressed only in their knickers and boots. One of the men was a lad nicknamed Abe, and the other. Well Abe never got his name. Either way, it seemed that they were now in the midst of a good old brawl. The loud cheers of the other patrons echoed through out the tavern. The familiar smelld of liquor and cooked meat permiated through out. Abe felt at home here, among other drunks and cheerful folk. So as it always goes. He and his opponent, with the help of the crowd, began their fight.

Fist connected against skin. Which caused blood to splatter across the ground. It was a fight much like other fights Abe had been in. The other man was aggressive with his movements. He swung like a wild animal, and hit like one too. Each blow harder then the next. Though this was a normality for the sword-fighter. Abe had always been one to fight those who were better, faster,stronger, and more dangerous then he. It was in his nature. The way he raised himself as a warrior. This is how he trained himself. Aloud him to grow as a fighter, and as a man. He lived for the fight, and with a shit-eating grin on his face. He took each punch with a gleeful twinkle in his eye.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:11 am 

Grey played with the thought of going to the tavern for a drink. He went off the main road to take an alley. Today he did not wear as much jewellery as normally, only a belt, a few rings and necklaces, and the usual hair ornaments. Grey walked into another alley. Finally he arrived at his destination. Luckily for him it was a different tavern from the one where the loud fighting was taken place. The tavern before him was not one of the popular ones frequented by adventures. This one was more remote and quiet, yet not rundown. He entered the tavern and sat down in a corner. After ordering a light drink, he took out a book and started reading. Everything about his body language said "don't disturb me".

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 am 

Althaia picked out the rest of the food items she'd need and paid for them before heading for the potion shop. There was a stall in the market today, but some of the items she needed were on the rarer side, so she knew they wouldn't have them in the stall, as they tended to only have the more common items, where the less common and more expensive things were kept in the shop. Just in case. So, she decided to forego even stopping to check, instead heading right for the store.

She walked into the store, which she often frequented for supplies, and was greeted by a man, the shopkeeper, asking what he could get for her today. She took a list from her pocket and handed it to him. "Here's a list of the things I need, including the quantities." she explained. It had the more rare items she'd need, which were generally kept in the back. While he disappeared to the back to get the items on the list, she picked up the more common things around the shop. When he returned she paid for it all and thanked him, giving him a wave as she took the bag with the items in it and headed out of the shop. From there she headed off towards her home, taking her time to stroll through the streets and observe the people she passed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 am 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

As the fight went on. Abe had begun to realize he may lose. It's not exactly a bad thing if he did, but he prefers to win. Always enjoyed the fight, but in the end wanted the trophy. The man before him was no push over though, and the young man knew it would be hard to keep this fight clean. So as the punches were through, and blood continued to pour from their bruised faces. Abe performed a quick little maneuver that was certified for a total knock out. Abe had studied the man's movement the entire fight, and had waited for the exact moment that the stranger would throw a hard one.

It was there and then. When the man tighten the grip of his right hand. Just enough that when his fist collided with Abe's head. It would send the young lad to the ground cold, but to Abe. This was exact moment that he had waited for. As the figure was about to throw this powerful right hook. Abe had already kicked the man in the family crest. The man's face went pale as the grave. His face then crumbled into a look of agony. He slowly slumped to his knees on the ground, and as he keeled there in pain. Abe finished him off with a good knee to the jaw. The bar patrons grew silent, as they tried to conceive in their heads what just happened. It was then that the tavern owner yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Dirty tricks lad! Dirty tricks!" Abe knew it was time for him to leave, and before he was lynched for "fighting his way." Abe left the bar with his clothes and equipment in hand. As he left, Abe gave a chuckle towards those who had booed, and jeered. "I guess I will take my business elsewhere. " He said with a smug expression on his face. He decided to head towards one of the other local taverns in the city. One of the more secluded, and relaxed. On the way he also decided to get dressed. That kinda of was important. Once finished with his armor and equipment. Abe found the smaller, more secluded tavern down the alley he was looking for. He walts inside the tavern, his eyes fell upon those had resided inside it. He smirked, and with a loud cheer. He asked. "Greetings ladies and gentlemen! My name is Abe and I hope you do not mind me coming to join you all. I was kicked out of my last tavern for being an cheating bastard!"

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm 

The drink that Grey had ordered arrived fast. After paying for it and taking a sip, he returned his attention to his book. The surroundings didn’t interest him in the least. Not the slightly bored looking keeper of the tavern nor any of the locals drinking and gambling quietly. It seemed like business was slow but not so slow that he had to worry about money. There was also a waitress walking around, not the prettiest girl that ever walked the earth but not ugly either. If Grey had bothered taking a look at her, he would have guessed that she was the keeper’s daughter. Most taverns were an inn and a tavern combined to accommodate travellers, but this one was only a tavern and more frequented by the locals. Some of the few regulars that were drinking at this time of the day suspiciously eyed Grey, who hadn’t removed his hood even within the building. However nobody actually bothered him since mages were pretty easily to recognise. And who would want to try and annoy a mage? Anyway the suspicious glances soon shifted to loudmouthed newcomer. For Grey his book was more interesting than the regulars at a tavern or a female waitress or a yelling idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm 

Althaia walked through the streets, observing the people around her as she did. She passed by a tavern and suddenly remembered something. "Oh!" she exclaimed to herself, spinning on her heels and heading in. She nearly ran right into the man who stood in the entrance announcing his presence. "Oops," she pivoted to the side, twisting herself to the right, spinning on her toes and narrowly avoiding hitting into the man. She let out a sigh of relief and rubbed the back of her head. Who stops and stands this close to the entrance, anyways? she wondered to herself, but continued on towards the bar, passing several of the regulars on her way. Some of them said hi and waved, but most were drunk so she didn't pay them any mind. She even took note of the mage in the corner, as he was rather hard to miss, but she walked right past all of them without saying a word and leaned against the counter, not paying any attention to the other man at the counter, either, other than to ensure that she didn't get up in his personal space, lest he get the wrong idea. As she leaned against the counter she pulled her hood down, revealing her white hair. "Well, hello, Miss Rose," she was greeted by the tavern keeper. "Hey there," she greeted him with a wave.

She wasn't exactly what you'd call a regular, as she had little interest in alcohol, given that she preferred not to dull her senses, and wished to be in complete control of her faculties at all times. She also had little interest in the food they served, as she preferred cooking her own food when she was home. She had a very different reason for coming. "Here. For your wife," she pulled a small bag containing several vials of medicine from the bag that hung over her shoulder. "That should be enough to last you a little while," she held them out to him. He hesitated to take them, but she reached out and took his hand, placing the bag in his hand. "Take them. You don't need to pay me. Just take care of her, okay?" she instructed, giving him a friendly smile. The man hesitated a moment before nodding. "Thank you. You don't know how much we appreciate this," he thanked her. She waved it off and pushed herself up from the counter. "Don't worry about it. It's my pleasure," she smiled once more before turning to leave. "See ya!" she waved, and with that she left the tavern and headed back home.

She didn't generally make a habit of giving away medicine, but she was fond of the older woman, who had been kind to her when she'd first arrived in the city. They'd helped her out then, now it was her turn. She knew that the cost of her illness had taken a toll on them, so she didn't mind helping where she could. It wasn't like the medicine was difficult or expensive to make, anyways. She had gotten most of the ingredients on her adventures, or from her own little herb garden. She didn't like to see people suffering, and after watching her mother suffer from illness when she was a child, and being too young to really be able to do too much to help her, she was happy to help, to try to make sure that their daughter didn't have to go through what she had gone through.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 am 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

It had become clear that this was indeed a quiet little tavern. One which a loudmouth like Abe had been better off being silent. Sadly Abe was not very successful in that department. As some woman had passed by him on her way into the tavern. Abe had noticed his "first new friend" in the corner of his eye. Some random bookworm who had been seated in the corner of the tavern. Abe was not one for reading, but he figured that this was clearly someone who wouldn't mind the conversation. After all!? Who really comes into a tavern of all places, just to sit and read? So Abe with all of his charm, decided to stroll over towards the table in which the mage had been seated.

"Well hello there my good sir! I am sir, not really sir, but I am named Abe! It is a pleasure to meet you!?" He exclaimed quiet profoundly as he plopped himself down on the seat across from the mage. "How are the drinks here!? Any good!?" Maybe he was a bit too loud, and direct with his choice of words, but Abe was a social butterfly. A rather annoying, social butterfly. As he waited for a response from the mage. Abe's eyes began to scan the room. His attention quickly falling on every single patron, and thing that drew said attention. He was a man who always could spot random ticks, and actions in a person's movements. Tell tale signs you could call it of how people were.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 pm 

It seems like today was not his lucky day. Of course the loudmouthed idiot picked him to talk too. Grey didn’t want to talk to anyone, his plan had been to leisurely drink a little and to leave before anyone decided to chat him up. People had the tendency to start to talk to strangers that were around for a while and Grey didn’t like that at all. Without answering the idiot, he took the last sip of his drink, it was time for Grey to leave. He packed up his book again and stood up to leave. Without greeting anyone, he left the tavern. The plan was to stay in the capital for the night and then return to his leisure lifestyle in a relatively calm village far away from all troublesome things. Since it was still too early for him to go and find an inn, Grey walked around the streets a bit more.
"Grey von Halvir?" A voice from behind Grey asked. Grey turned around to see a young looking boy standing behind him. A guild messenger...

Each guild (with exception of the Adventure Guild) has ‘messengers’. They all look like relatively young boys, with the impression that they are much older then they look. In addition to that they all look identical except for their clothes which are usually the typical colour of their guild with a brooch with the emblem of the guild. These messengers have always been there and nobody really knows much about them except that they are always genuine (as in nobody can copy them).

According to the dark robes and the brooch on his chest, he was from the Mage Guild.
"Because you denied paying the resignation fee to the Mage Guild, you have to accept this mission, otherwise your resignation will not be accepted and the payment would still be collected. " The messenger held out a scroll towards Grey whom made no attempt to accept the scroll.
"Not interested," he simply stated.
"You are free to keep the reward money as stated in the Adventure Guild's Rulebook," the messenger continued in a monotone voice.
This tempted Grey a little and he thought that it wouldn't hurt to at least take a look. He took the scroll.
"With this you have accepted the mission, the best of luck to you," the messenger stated.
Grey looked at the scroll for a second before turning to the messenger again. "Just wait a second, I have not..." but the messenger had already disappeared into thin air. "Damn that Mage Guild and their Teleportation Spells," Grey grumbled and opened the scroll. Since he didn't want to pay that stupid fine, he may as well do a little mission.
At a different, less crowded space, Grey read the scroll again.

Mission:
Since three months there have been mysterious disappearances near the village Sunshine, south of the capital. The victims were last seen when entering the Forest of no Return. The mission includes discovering the reason for those disappearances, solving that matter, and saving the victims if possible.
This mission has been given to the Adventure Guild by the mayor of the village Sunshine, consult him for more information.
Mission start: 2 days from now on.
Reward: 100 gold coins.

Grey frowned. 'What do they expect from a place called "Forest of no Return" anyway?' he thought. Well, 100 gold coins is a lot, so he was going anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:11 pm 

Althaia left the tavern, passing by the loud man on her way out. She was about to begin heading home when she decided to swing by the Adventure guild on her way. It wasn't too far out of her way and she had time to kill. Besides, she was curious to see if there was anything interesting on the board. So she made her way down the street towards the guild, silent as she walked. Once she arrived she gave a wave to the familiar faces and headed to the board. As she looked it over, she didn't really see much of interest. Most of them were just run-in-the-mill missions with a meager payoff. Nothing exciting, unfortunately.

While she was looking over them, a mysterious cloaked figure approached her from behind and held out a scroll. "Hmm?" she looked back at him but his face was obscured by the hood he wore. She quirked a brow, but before she had a chance to speak, the cloaked figure spoke "Perhaps this will be a suitable mission for an adventurer such as yourself," the deep voice offered as he continued holding the scroll in front of her.

She looked a bit skeptical, not to mention curious as she took the scroll and opened it, glancing over it. It was an official Adventure Guild mission with a one hundred gold reward. It started in two days, plenty of time for her to prepare. "Hmmm.... Sure. Thanks," she gave the man a nod. "Who are you, anyways?" she asked, but he left without so much as a word. "Weird," she mumbled, but shrugged it off and looked back at the scroll. "Seriously, though. Who goes into a place called the Forest of No Return? And what did anyone really expect to happen when people entered there?" she wondered aloud before shaking her head lightly. Whatever. It was a mission, and the reward was good, so why not?

She tucked the scroll away in her bag, turned, and left the guild, heading home. Once home she did as she had been planning to, she made some food. While the food cooked, she also worked on preparing some potions. She wouldn't want to run out of anything on a mission, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:08 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

So Abe was left to drink on his own. Clearly the random strange he decided to pester. Wanted nothing to do with the crazy fool. So what was Sir. Abe to do? Drink himself into a happy stupor of course! Round after round he ordered, and drank each tanker down. At least the sweet taste of honey that dripped down the back of his throat. Brought him the pleasures of company that made his spirits high. Only to be interrupted by the appearance of a cloaked figure. A woman infact. Once which carried two scabbards on each side of her waist. He could only guess she was a representative of the sword-fighting guild.

"Abe."

Spoke the figure in a sweet accent as she addressed the drunken fool. Abe looked up, a half cocked smile on his face. "Aye!"

She handed him a scroll wrapped in red velvet.

"Your guild would like to offer you a mission. One in which will pay a decent wage, and will start in 2 days. You can not deny this mission, and it will help you with further troubles in your financial life."

The woman smirked, and turned to take her leave from the table. Before she left though. Abe called out from the table.

"Is it worth the trouble to ask who I am working with!?"

She turned, and simply shook her head. She then took her leave through the tavern door, and down a vacant alley.

Abe sighed, and unwrapped the scroll.

He smirked, and decided that he had enough of the drink today. It looked like he did indeed have a mission for him to go on, and one that paid very well. Looks like the stranger wasn't lieng. He stood up from the table, and wiped his arm across his mouth.

"Alright Abe old boy, looks like you got yourself an adventure!"

He left the tavern, and back to his small little hobble of a cottage he went.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:43 pm 

Since there were still 2 days left before the starting time, Grey went to the market to buy some supplies. It would take about one day to travel from the capital to Sunshine by horse. So he theoretically he would need to start travelling tomorrow morning. His plan was to sneak some coordinates for teleportation somewhere, otherwise he would need a horse. He was relieved to have finally obtained the coordinates by threatening a beginner mage to look it up at the Mage Guild. This way he had saved himself one whole day which he would spend lazing around at the capital. Teleportation is actually a very easy kind of magic, there were just a lot of downsides to using it. For one, you need some very detailed coordinates, otherwise who knows where you might end up. And after arriving at the goal there is often a very disoriented and nauseous feeling. And it is not possible to bring a lot of people or a lot of stuff. In other words teleportation is quite unhandy, but for someone like Grey who doesn't like to ride on horses it is the preferred way of travelling. This, of course, has nothing to do with his not very good riding skills.
In the morning of the second day, Grey had all the supplies which he could need for the mission. He had also taken the time to construct a magical bag which always felt light and could fit a large amount of stuff. He went just outside the capital to a place with no people around. There he drew the teleportation circle. Grey teleported himself to just outside Sunshine Village. As expected he felt very disoriented. He sat down under a nearby tree to calm down.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:37 pm 

Althaia spent the rest of the day making potions, preparing some provisions, gathering and packing supplies, and otherwise preparing for the mission she had accepted. She packed her things that night, careful to inventory everything and make sure she had everything she would possibly need, and then turned in early, all of her things packed and ready for the journey ahead.

The next morning she woke up early and after having breakfast, she gathered her things, got her horse ready, and set off for Sunshine Village, where the meeting regarding the mission would take place. She rode through the day, stopping periodically to rest her horse when necessary, and to eat. She didn't take any more breaks than was strictly necessary, as she wanted to get there as soon as possible. Even without many stops, it still took the better part of the day to get there. At any rate, she reached the town before nightfall, so it was fine.

Once she arrived outside the town she took one last short break, resting under a tree. This was partially because she knew her horse was tired, and partially because the spot seemed like it would have a nice view of the sunset that was soon to come.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:20 am 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Abe had been on missions before for the sword-fighter guild. Several of them were low profile gigs. That really didn't prove much in the way of rewards. Though this time around things were different. For one thing. He owed the guild master some coin that he may of "borrowed" to fiance his rather "unique" lifestyle. The other thing was he hadn't been receiving contracts like he use to. Almost as if he had been forgotten, or even blacklisted as a member. With those ideas in mind. A messenger from the guild with a contract for him was rather suspicious. Yet though. It was a job, and he never refused one yet. So what was Abe to do for two days while he waited for his mission? He knew an answer to that question right away. He decided to go visit a charming little home on the east side of the city. One which had been notorious for pleasures of the flesh.

"Abe! Good to see you dear!"

Greeted the madame of the brothel. A rather heavenly endowed older woman. Who ran the brothel, and took care of her girls very well. It was a clean place. Bright and elaborate. Expensive artwork on the walls and exquisite statues which stood among the brothel. Abe was well known here, and was well liked. He decided if this mission of his was anything that his gut indicated. He would spend the next day drinking, enjoying the company of lovely women, and prepping for his contract. Not a bad way to end a day, or enjoy the day for a while.

Indeed one day had come and went, and Abe was now prepared for his journey. Dressed in his light plate and chainmail armor. His sword and dagger hung from his belt. Bags of supplies had been placed on his faithful steed he had named Moonlight. Abe was ready for whatever may come his way. With everything prepared. He propped himself up on the saddle of his horse, and with a kick of his feet. He rode off to the the village of sunshine. It had been some time since he had rode off on some random mission. Even longer since he was paid for said mission. Most of the time he seemed to always be ripped off, or betrayed by the contract giver. Causing him to be somewhat jaded when it comes to dealing with these sorts of quests.

After what took most of the day to arrive on the outskirts of the town. Abe spotted a large tree where he could rest his head. It seemed wherever there was a spot in a village to rest your head. It was always underneath some large tree. So as he dismounted from his steed. He noticed the setting sun. He smirked, and took a quick drink of his bottle filled with water. No drink was to wet his lips while he was on a mission. Only that of the life giving liquid would quench him, and with that notion in mind. He gave his hose some water as well. No reason to have an dehydrated horse. Once the horse was satisfied with it's fill of his water. He took out two apples from his bag. One for himself, and for his horse.

"Ok girl, here you are." The horse took the apple with a happy crunch of it's teeth. Abe too enjoyed his apple as he rested himself against trunk of the tree. The eyelids of his eyes slowly began to fill heavy as he drifted between the realms of consciousness and sleep. The last few moments of being awake caught sight of the setting sun, and with that he went to sleep.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 pm 

Sunshine Village was relatively small. It had a main road which was pretty lively because it served as a pass way for people travelling to the capital. There was one inn combined with the only tavern, and a few small shops. Enough for daily necessities. The village was surrounded by fields and forests. The main income of the villagers were either from farming, hunting, or trading with the travellers or other villages. The people there were not poor but definitely not rich. There was nothing that could make people stay there as well as there was nothing that made people leave. It seemed like a very peaceful place to live. There were about 2000 villagers living there from all ages. It was a place where children were playing on the streets until their mothers nagged at them about their daily chores. Where the men would hunt in the forests and work on the fields all day long. As already said a completely normal and peaceful village.
Although there have been a few signs put up recently. They were arrow shaped and pointed to a very small shed. On the signs one could read: "Sign up for the Forest of No Return mission here."
Inside the shed, there was an Adventure Guild official. It was a young girl, who was looking a bit bored.

After his disorientation had sunk, Grey stood up and walked to the village. It was still early in the day so he had more than enough time. He followed the signs to the shed.

The girl looked up and put a form on the desk in front of her, and a pen (yes in this world pens exist because a feather and a pot of ink are just to troublesome).
"Please fill this out," she said in a bored voice.

Name:
Profession (include level):
Preferred partner (profession):
Member of the Adventure Guild? yes/no
Member of which Guilds:

"The mission starts at sunrise the day after the deadline ends. This mission falls under the rules of the Adventure Guild. This means that should you not be part of an adventure team, we will put one together for you. Should you not be a member of the Adventure Guild, then after completing the mission, your team will have to give 20 % of the total reward to the Adventure Guild. If you are a member of the Adventure Guild then this amount will be 10 %. More than half of your team should be a member to be applicable for this reduction. After filling out this form you have agreed to all the rules of the Adventure Guild concerning missions, and participation in this mission will be mandatory. Failure to comply to any rules of the Adventure Guild will result in a fine depending on the offense. Any questions?"
The girl just summed all this up without bothering a lot.

After hearing what the girl had to say, Grey cursed inside his mouth. That is 20 gold coins!
"Can I register for the Adventure Guild here?" he asked the girl.
"The registration fee is 50 gold coins," the girl lazily answered.
"That is too much," Grey tried to bargain.
"It is including the fine for trying to dodge the contribution for missions," the girl explained.
Grey decided not to register, after seeing the form the girl handed him his heart sunk even more. Now he even had to split the remaining 80 gold coins with other people. What a letdown. As expected from the Mage Guild, to trick him into this mission with the promise that he can keep the reward, but there will be hardly any left. Maybe if his teammates are all low-level then he can claim a higher percentage... Anyway he filled in the form:

Name: Hallwyrn
Profession (include level): master Mage
Preferred partner (profession): fighter and healer
Member of which Guilds: none

Grey usually used his last name only, which sometimes causes confusion to others as to what his name actually is. As a mage who is weak at physical attack his preferred partner is obviously a fighter who is good at it. Someone that can heal wounds is rare although always very handy.
After handing the form back he asked the girl a few more question, but she wouldn't tell him anything. Only that the mayor would give more information the next morning at sunrise at the entrance of the Forest of no Return. Frustrated, Grey left and decided to look around the few shops in the village. He spend the rest of the day loitering around. Later that day he checked into the inn and stayed in his room until the next morning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:29 pm 

Althaia rested for a short while before heading to the inn where she got herself a room and a place in the stable for her horse. After this she decided to have a look around town before the sun went down. As she wandered around, taking in the small town, she couldn't help but notice how out of place the arrows that directed people to the small shed where they may sign up for the mission seemed to be. It seemed like a small, quiet village. Even now, as the sun set and darkness loomed on the horizon, a few children still remained on the street, although they were soon chased inside by their mothers. No doubt the mother's worried for their children in the wake of the disappearances, regardless of the fact that the disappearances were localized to the so-called Forest of no return.

Again, she wondered what anyone had expected to happened when they entered a forest so named for its reputation for letting people in, but refusing to allow them to leave. Oh well. Perhaps it had been so long since someone had entered or disappeared that the villagers had grown complacent, forgetting their fear of the place. Whatever the reason, here they were.

She approached the shed, where she found a young girl from the adventure guild. The girl placed a form on the desk in front of her, going on a spiel about the adventure guild and their fees and so on. Same old, same old. Ten percent fee, so long as more than half of her team was in the guild. "Here's to hoping," she mumbled to herself, preferring not to lose such a hefty portion of the fee she would already have to share with whomever else would be a part of her team.

"Nope," she replied to the girl when asked if she had any questions. She simply handed the completed form back, guessing that the girl wouldn't be able to provide much useful information to her anyways.

Name: Althaia Rose
Profession (include level): Expert Healer
Preferred partner (profession): Swordfighter and Mage
Member of which Guilds: Healer Guild

"Here you go," she handed the form back to the girl before giving her a wave and a friendly smile before departing. She took a little more time to wander around the small village before returning to the inn and paying the tavern a visit only long enough to get something to eat before she headed back to her room. The mission was supposed to start in the morning, so she thought it best to get some sleep while she could.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:19 pm 

Subscriber

Most Patient (1)

Abe's hope of having some well deserved rest was dashed when a squirrel believed his helmet to be a nut. The sounds of tiny paws being scratched against his helmet caused the adventurer to wake up. "What the bloody-" The squirrel had jumped off his helmet and landed in his lap. "Well hello there." Greeted the sword-fighter down towards the furry rodent which now rested in his lap. The squirrel, whom had stopped to glare up at Abe. Twitched it's head side to side as it tried to make sense of the man. "Thought my helmet to be a nut?" He smirked as he turned his up towards Sunshine Village. "Well let's see if I can get you something to snack on, and myself something to drink." The squirrel simply bobbled it's head up and down as it turned towards the village.

Abe had decided to walk his horse into the village with the squirrel rested on top of the horse's saddle. It was a charming little village from the looks of it. Familiar sounds of livestock, laughter from villagers going on about their days, and occasional sounds of dog's barking off in the distance. Abe had spied the local tavern/inn which rested beside some local shops. Abe couldn't of helped it as he allowed continued down the dirt path with horse and squirrel at his side. It wasn't long until he discovered the registration shed for the mission. "Well isn't this a quaint little place to hold sign-ups?" He said as he approached the entrance to the shed. Inside was a rather bored looking woman seated behind a desk. "Hello love, are you the one handing out the paperwork for the mission?" The girl looked up towards Abe, and nodded. He smirked as he approached the desk. She handed over the paperwork and a pen for him to sign up. She then also explained the finical information about sign ups and fees, and boring minor things Abe didn't care about. He knew all too well that most of these missions were fetch quests with no real monetary reward you could write home about. In all truth the swordsmen wasn't too concerned about the "types" of adventures he would be teamed up with. All he really cared about is if they knew how to defend themselves. So he didn't have to.

Name: Abraham MacArthur III
Profession (Included level): Expert Sword-Fighter
Preferred Partner (Profession): Mage and Healer
Member of the Adventure Guild? Yes/No
Member of which Guilds: Sword-Fighter Guild

Once finished with the paperwork. Abe took a look at the girl and gave her a wink. "How many more adventures have come by today?" He inquired as he leaned on the desk. The girl shrugged and pointed to the paperwork. "I am not allowed to give out this information.". Abe nodded as he took a glance around the shed. "This seems like a rather dull spot." The girl nodded. "Yup." He turned back towards the girl and placed a bag of coins on the table. "Feel like showing this brave adventurer the village before tomorrow's big events?" She eyed him down for a moment, and snickers. "What type of girl do you think I am good sir?" Abe gives her a big grin and places the coin purse back on his belt. "The kind that I am sure is going to continue to sit here forever until she dies of boredom." The girl smirks, but wags her finger. "You have to leave now good sir." Abe sighed. "Well at least i tried!" With that Abe left the shed, and off to the local Inn he went. To drink himself silly for the day to come.

H.P. Lovecraft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:58 pm 

Early in the morning Grey woke up. The bed in the inn had been pretty uncomfortable, as expected of such a small village. After he was done with his morning routine, he decided to check out the meeting point. However, before he left his room he cast a spell over himself. The spell of Concealment doesn’t make him invisible but it distracts people’s attention from him. It is easier to cast than an invisible spell, yet the effects are about the same. Another mage or a sensible healer may sense that there is someone close by using this spell, but the chance that they would be able to do anything about it was pretty low. Nonetheless he still covered himself with his hood anyway. It was still early so he didn’t know if there would be already someone at the meeting place. Grey planned to stay more in the back and see what would happen.

Before the forest entrance there was a small wooden platform, barely any higher than the ground. The forest behind it looked vividly green and sparkled a little in the morning dew. There was nobody around yet, but the signs that had pointed to the shed for the registration were gone and the shed was closed. The life of the villagers seemed to be starting as per usual.