All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

Blog: View Blog (1)

Elodie was quiet as she got up from the ground, nodding that she was okay. Smoothing her dress over with her palms,
she glances over to the sidewalk, before lowering her eyes, clutching her flute tightly in her fist. Careful. She had to be careful. Remember all the things father and mother taught her. Taking a calming deep breath, she walks over to the side where she'd been instructed to wait,
too shy to say anything to the others that were already standing there. Too shy to even glance up and look at their faces even.

She kept her head down slightly, eyes focused on the ground at her feet, and only looked up when the woman who had greeted her spoke,
saying that she was going to start them in orientation. What was that supposed to mean? Orientation for what? Confused, she risked a glance left and right, but no one seemed to notice her, so she quietly followed the rest of the group, heading into the building as well, sitting when told, and listening.

So...this was a magic school, in a galaxy not of earth. Well, that sure was strange. But Elodie wasn't one to doubt these sort of things easily. And so listened on, hearing what Lady Violetta had to say. Strength would be her weakest point, she wasn't all that fit, in fact she was actually quite weak. She was extremely thin and had next to no muscle on her body. But on the other hand, she was very, very intelligent.

Another girl asked a question, something with having to do with the letter, and the woman at the front answered. They needed wands to be fully accepted into the school. Elodie couldn't help but to wonder...was that what she really wanted? She knew she had no place back home...but it would probably turn the same here. Sighing softly, she just sits quietly in her seat, content with just listening to everything that was going on around her.

His question was utterly ignored, but Saburou thought nothing of it. Instead, he brushed it off with a shrug and a grin and got up off the ground as he was told to do. Wiping off a few stalks of grass from the back of his clothes, he looks toward the 'sidewalk' that the man had mentioned for him to go over to, and does just that, noticing that there were already a handful of other people there.

Two stood out to him, one was a slightly snobby looking male, and the other a girl. He could also see a rather shy looking girl getting up off the ground not too far from him. Shoving his hands into his pockets after making sure the shoulder strap to his baseball holder was secure on his shoulder, he walks over, giving both of them a smile. But before he could even introduce himself, another raised their voice, telling them that they were to head inside. Shrugging, he just does as he was told, glancing for a split second at the girl before heading in the direction that the woman was leading. He'd introduce himself another time.

He walked by himself, glancing this way and that, still a bit confused by everything that was going on. And he grew even more confused as time went by, and they go inside a large building, being told to sit down, then instructed on several different things. For Saburou though,
it was hard to understand, since the woman, Lady Violetta as she had said her name was, spoke English. But, he got the gist. Even though he pretty much had no clue what the heck was going on, he already had a strong vibe that he would do okay. He was pretty smart, and physical strength? That was child's play for an outstanding athlete like himself. He had that part in the bag.

Violetta then asked if they had any questions. First, the girl from before spoke, asking about why the letter had said what it did, and it was promptly answered that it was because they needed a wand. After she'd had her answer given, Saburou raises his hand, before standing,
which was what he was used to in the schools back in Japan.

"Is there ways to make the English better to understand? I do not speak it well..." He grins a bit, chuckling slightly. When Violetta answers,
he would say thank you, and then bow slightly before sitting back down.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

"Yes, there is a Magickal way that you can understand English better besides studying it. It is a simple spell and I can perform it quickly if you wish to be able to understand better." Lady Violetta spoke.

Thomas gave up on any more new students and turned to Esmeralda. "Let's go inside and see what the others have done so far. I don't think that any others will be coming." Thomas led the the to the door and opened the door for Esmeralda.

Esmeralda quietly walked into the Academy as directed, looking at everything as she went.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:44 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The headmistress answered her question, explaining that, in order to be officially admitted, they would need a wand. Furthermore, the wand had to choose you. She wanted to ask when they would have the opportunity to get their wands, but before she could, someone else raised his hand and stood. Zarya looked across at the boy who spoke up. He was the one who had spoken Japanese when he had first arrived. He asked if there was a way for him to better understand English. A wise choice of questions. So, he wasn't just cute, then. He was at least moderately intelligent, so that was good.

While the headmistress explained that there was a simple spell that she could perform to help him better understand, she was making a mental note to introduce herself to him when they had their break, if the opportunity presented itself. She would also like to introduce herself to the other girl who had fallen in around the same time he had. She was quiet and seemed reserved, but that didn't mean she wasn't worth talking to. She'd spent most of her life as the outsider because people avoided talking to her. She wouldn't make the mistake of discounting the girl because she was quiet. For all she knew, she was looking at her future best friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:01 pm 

A young female came into the room holding onto a satchel and a purse. She looked around to see who was in the class room.

"Violetta, we have one more student. I did not see anymore partitions so I brought her on in so that hopefully she isn't too far behind the others." Thomas spoke as he walked being her.

"Welcome to Mystical Magical Mansion Academy. My name is Lady Violetta and I am the headmaster here. We only covered one topic so far so it won't be hard for you to catch up. In fact you may read it in your PLTs when you get it. I just answered the question of how to be permanently enrolled as a student. All you need to do is to have a magick wand accept you as its owner.
Please take a seat in the front row." Violetta spoke.

"Yes, m'am." Esmeralda spoke as she walked to the first chair and sat down. She held onto her things so that they could not be taken away from her. She was not at all sure about this magick stuff but she would listen then decide what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:53 pm 

Jaxon had previously gone silent when Zarya had stated she held the desire to become his friend. He had never truly had friends back at home, just people who admired him for his skills and abilities. But when they were all seated in a classroom, Jaxon finally decided to answer. He lightly tapped Zarya's leg and softly said, "hey, about the friend thing. I'd like to be your friend. I never really had any, so it'd be a good thing to try and have someone who has my back." However, this would also be the perfect opportunity to see her abilities and how strong Zarya was. Based on the experiences since landing on the new planet, she had come off as the leader type to him, which instantly appealed to him. Not to mention she was kinda cute...

Jaxon snapped himself out of his trance before anyone could notice that he was deep in thinking. He then faced the headmistress and raised his hand. "Ma'am, when do we begin and what do we begin with in order to see our aptitude for magic? I'm guessing we have to see what type of magic corresponds with each of us?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:30 pm 

"Very soon. It is all a part of Orientation. Perhaps a list of what we will do help everyone." Lady Violetta spoke.
A box landed beside each student on the left side.

“When I give you something, it is always given on the left because it is the closest to the heart.
Now open your Equipment Box. Inside the Equipment Box are other boxes. We will go in the order of size and work our way down to the largest box at the bottom.
The first box has an Aura Bracelet. This Aura Bracelet will read your Aura and allow you to certain things like get food out of the vending machines and open your own bedroom door. Please place it on your left arm- not your right.
Next is your Aura charm. It will let you know what the order of your four Core Elements are. Each color represents a specific Core Element. It is a rod with a top that you hold.
The colors will show up in the order of the strength. Red is for Fire, Blue for Water. Brown for Earth and last is Clear Blue for Air/Wind.
When you hold that rod up, the Colors will line up with your strongest Core Element at the top and the weakest at the bottom.

The next box has a cell phone inside it. When you pick up the phone it will register your aura. It will become yours exclusively. The phone has my number in them. If you want to add someone to your call list, all you have to do is to touch the heads of the 2 phones and they will register each other as a friend. You may register each other at lunch.
You will have an Aura Class so please wait until then to ask questions about your Aura.
The next box has an Equipment Belt. Each belt will have two pouches and two slender tubes. One pouch will be used for your own snacks and the other one will be for snacks for your Creature which you will be allowed to choose from after lunch. Both you and your pet will be frequently hungry because learning how to do Magick is very exhausting and will take a lot of energy to perform.
One sleeve will be used for your wand and the other one will be a guide stick for your pet. You may eat in all classes except labs. The pets will be in your room during labs so that they will not get into the way. It might be dangerous for all of us if one happens to become scared for some reason. Please place the Belt on."

The next box has an Academy Cloak inside. This cloak can be adjusted by your own thought processes. Your brain is a wonderful tool and can do many new things that you never thought of. You will have a class on Thought Transference tomorrow as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm 

Sitting there, she watches, silently, as the questions were first answered, then asked again. Her eyes wander after a short while from the headmistress, glancing at the other students, noticing how one of them was looking at her. The other girl from before, the one she'd seen when Elodie had arrived, the one who had already been standing on the sidewalk, with the other boy. Why was she watching her? It made her nervous, and she quickly looks away, fidgeting slightly as she sat in her chair, her fingers fumbling a bit with the skirt of her dress, twisting and picking at the fabric, pulling off small pieces of fuzz and pretty much anything to keep her nerves calm.

She wasn't good with other people, and that was very obvious since she was sitting a few seats away from the others in the area they were at,
keeping herself distanced. The boy from before, the one who had been there before herself, asks about how they were to proceed with the events that were to happen, and of course, the headmistress promptly answers, saying a long list of different items, and explaining their meanings and what they were for. She slipped on the bracelent as was told, and when she'd held the aura charm, or at least that was what it was called, the colors went as follows: clear being at the top, the blue, third was brown, and last was red.

With each thing that was said, Elodie pulled them out and looked them over, memorizing their functions and the such. When it got to the cell phone part, and hearing that they could register other people, Elodie knew that hers would be an empty contacts list, except for the already added Headmistress. It made her sad, but at the same time, she didn't think too much on it. That was how her life had, and always would be. Lonely. She was too shy to make friends. Placing it to the side, she places the belt around her waist, and surprisingly it looked pretty decent with the dress she was wearing, not clashing in the least. To be honest, she wanted to know what they were to be actually doing here, why, and if they'd ever get to go home...but she wasn't brave enough to raise her hand, let alone speak out.

Having his question answered, he sits back down. So, there really WAS an answer to lingual problems, AND it was magic. He couldn't help but chuckle under his breath slightly at the hilarity and convenience of it all. If only the world's issues could be fixed with the flick of a wand, or the thought of one's brain. If only. But he doubted things were that easy, even in a place as this. He had no doubt that he was awake now,
for a while he thought it was just a dream, but after having pinched himself several times, painfully in fact, on the leg (no doubt the skin was red by this point) there was no fault in the reality as to the fact he was truly awake.

His eyes wander to the entrance to the place as another comes in, a girl, a bit late but not missing the party. She sits down, and he looks at her for a short while, seeing that she was hesitant, but who wouldn't be? It was pretty odd getting flung through dimensions to a place like this that was supposedly magic, and not even in the same galaxy as Earth.

Before he could really think of anything else, the whole thing continued on with a box suddenly being pointed out, and things being told to be taken out. With each new discovery, they were explained what they were, what their functions were, and why they needed them. Apparently, the woman was obsessed with the left, but he simply laughs it off, listening as he was told to put the bracelet on his left wrist, doing so, not really being fond of the fact he had to wear jewelry like this, but whatever floated the boat...or whatever the saying was for the place.

A weird looking charm rod thing was talked about, and as he held his own, the colors glowed, at the top is red, second was clear, third was brown, and fourth was blue. "Cool..." He mutters, grinning at the glowing rod charm thing, before going on to the 'lesson', picking up the cell.
Wait, magic people needed cell phones? Couldn't they just like...use magic mirrors? Or scrying stones? Or like, project their images in front of others? At the thought of that, he fights the urge to laugh, though the grin showed on his face. He takes a breath, tucking the phone away.

Putting on the belt as was told to, he felt a bit odd. This was a weird look, especially with the sweater and pants he was wearing at that moment. He wasn't sure how he felt about it, letting the top of his sweater fall over the top, covering it slightly. He looked around, watching as the others followed instructions as well. Though he couldn't help but wonder why people were not questioning the whole fact of it all. Why the heck were they there? Wasn't this...abduction? They'd been brought there against their will, not knowing who the hell the lady is, where the heck this place REALLY was, all of that. And yet...they were just going with it! Craziness, but a change of pace. Maybe he'd ask later. For now he shakes his head, his amusement glinting in his eyes.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:42 pm 

Zarya looked over at Jax when he lightly tapped on her leg before speaking. He told her he would like to be her friend, to which she smiled. "I'm glad to hear that." She replied before adding, "I never really had any, either. It should be a nice change of pace. I look forward to it." She added with another smile. Beyond that, she thought it'd also be a good chance to gauge his strength and abilities, as well as what kind of person he was. He seemed intelligent, given what she'd seen from him so far, which was definitely a plus, and he didn't seem like a bad person. She thought that there was a good possibility that they would get along.

She made note of the new girl who entered shortly after they all did, deciding that she may introduce herself to this girl as well. Whenever the opportunity arose. She might be interested in making friends, and she may not be particularly shy, but she wasn't about to go out of her way to do it now. No, she was quite certain that opportunities would present themselves in due time. Probably sooner rather than later, she thought.

She looked to her left when the box appeared, opening it and pulling the boxes. She picked up the first box and opened it, pulling out the bracelet and examining it for a moment as the headmistress explained what it was, then putting it on. She then opened the next, taking the rod out and holding it by the top, as instructed. The colors that lit up were blue, clear, red, and brown, respectively. "Interesting." She commented quietly to herself, examining to for a brief moment before setting it to the side to move on to the next box.

So, they got cell phones after all. She made a mental note when the headmistress explained that they could add someone to their contact list by touching the two phones together. They would have an opportunity to do this at lunch. She would have to remember to add Jax to her contacts when they went to lunch. She examined the device before pocketing the device in order to open the next box, which contained a belt. She proceeded to put it on as head mistress explained the features of the belt. She thought it looked a little silly with the skirt and shirt combination she wore, but it didn't clash, per se, so that was a plus. She realized that she had jumped the gun a little, putting the belt on before they were told to, but she thought it was fine, since it was what they were meant to do, anyways. She simply hadn't felt the need to wait to be told what she thought was almost definitely going to be asked of them. Not that there was anything wrong with doing so, as most of the others had done.

The last box contained a cloak, which, evidently, could be adjusted by their thought process. This piqued her interest a bit. She wanted to ask how it may be adjusted, in what ways it may change, and how one might make that happen, but she thought that it was probably a question best saved for the class that the headmistress had mentioned.

To be honest, she was a bit curious as to the specifics of why they were here, what the purpose of it was, why it was happening now, and so on. But she didn't really feel as though she needed those answered immediately. They had been given basic answers to where they were and what they were to do, so that was good enough for her for the time being. Besides, she was much happier figuring things out as opposed to being told the answers. At any rate, she was happy for the change of pace, and unlike some of the others who, no doubt, missed their families and wondered if and when they'd be able to see them again, she was happy to have an escape from her family, and she was in no rush to see them again any time soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 pm 

In the next box is a chain with a Grimoire attached to it. This is for your own notes so that when you go through the Testing Chambers, you will have adequate notes to pass the tests that you will face inside the chamber.
Now please open the last box. In it is a PLTS which is a Personal Laptop System. Your Personal Laptop System or PLTs will be a valuable tool. Like a computer, it will store all the information that you ever need for classes in it.

These PLTs are super sensitive to touch. In fact, believe it or not, these PLTs are sentient. That means that it can think and feel on its own. I want to have you to be the first ones to touch them barehanded and imprint your aura on your own laptop. After your initial Imprintation, the PLTs will only work for you.
When it is open, you will see the screen, the keyboard, and other new features. Keep the protective sheets on the areas when they are not being use will make your PLTs working at its peak. For the moment, please remove the two handprint sheets then place your hands on those two pads like the picture that was on there. Leave your hands on the pads so that the PLTs will register your unique Aura. After that is properly done, your PLTs will only allow you to enter information on it. You will know that it is done because it will begin to ask you a series of questions starting with your name, age, gender, likes and dislikes.
Questionaire | +
This Questionaire is your CS and is already filled out. If you want a place to keep notes, that is great! The chamber to pass is a real skills test and may use any notes that you have. The grimoire is in the RP for that purpose but I am not sure if there is a place where you can place them or not.

Once you have filled out the Questionnaire, keep reading. The next Section is about Rules.

Here at Tri Academy, we have some Rules. You will find the Rules in your PLTs.

Rules | +
ALL STUDENTS WILL FOLLOW THESE RULES! IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PROGRAM YOU ENROLL IN.

1. Keep yourself neat and tidy.

2. Keep your rooms neat and tidy. Both of these rules pertain to professionalism.

3. Respect each other and yourself.

4. No dissing, put downs or negative thoughts or speech.

5. No fighting is allowed at all. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.

6. Try to include as many other students as you can into your daily activities.

7. All students are required to be in class on and prepared to learn. That includes having your wand and PLTs as well as being able to demonstrate your homework or class work.

8. Creatures are not always allowed in all classes. If they are not allowed, they are to be in your room or in the Creature Kingdom.

9. Obey the curfew. No ifs, ands or buts about this. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.

10. Ask questions and learn from other student’s mistakes. There are more than enough to go around!

11. If you act like a child, you will be put on a demerit/merit system until you can prove yourself to be professional magic user. You may be grounded and have your privileges revoked.

12. Do your own work and do not try to cheat. The end of the semester you will go through a testing chamber by yourself.

13. Remember the golden rule:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

14. Teachers are in charge and students are to obey them at all times. If you have a problem with a teacher, come see me. We will discuss the problems and find a solution.

15. I will make more rules as I see the need.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 am 

Iris gently shoved open the door to their house with a sigh as warmth filled their body. The chilly evening air that had been leaving Iris shivering left right behind them. A small smile flitted across their face as they were handed a small cup filled with a warm liquid from their Mother.

"Her er nogle varme chokolade kære. Du ser ud som om du har brug for lidt varme i din mave."

Iris gently nodded. Their mother was right they did need to warm up and some hot chocolate would do just the trick. Taking a deep drink making sure their mother was satisfied before lowering it and speaking.

"Tak mor. Det er godt."

Iris was being truthful. The hot chocolate was rather good but.....Iris, to be honest, had been craving something more bitter. The hot chocolate was a bit too sweet for their craving to be itched but their mother wouldn't tolerate them just dumping it they would have to drink it. It was at this point their Dad walked in. Having gotten off from work a few hours ago. A pleasant creasing coming to his brow upon seeing his daughter.

"Iris! Glad for at se dig gjorde det hjem. Din far har en lille pakke til dig. Fik nogen hemmelig beundrer sødt."

Iris flushed lightly before blinking. A package? For them? That wasn't something that happened every day. Quietly iris took the small brown package clearly weather proofed to protect the content's inside and waved to their dad sipping their hot chocolate as they walked down a nearby hallway to their room. Warm bed. Minimal decoration. Nice and orderly bookshelf and a computer. As well as some cleaning supply's for their glasses.

Gently iris raised an eyebrow as they opened the package. A letter and a box inside the package. Quietly iris grabbed the letter opening it. Iris understood English enough to get that it was an invitation. Iris.....looked at the box and wavered for a few moments. They liked where they were at. It was quiet it was peaceful and they had friend's here. But.

Should they really let this slip away from them? A chance to learn something new. A chance to gain knowledge and a chance to learn more about themselves perhaps. Iris knew exactly what their friend would say and he would say to take the opportunity. Her gut screamed to try it as well. Iris didn't deny it. Breathing deep eyes closed iris spoke.

"Her går ingenting"

Iris opened their eye's and opened the package. Within. A pendant. Iris gripped it before slipping it on. Iris regretted it instantly. Their body stiffened up. Their eye's widened and their breathing felt strangled as an unbearable prickly cold over came their body. Like they were being frozen alive. Quickly a feeling of weightlessness followed and right as Iris blacked out they felt almost as if they had shattered into pieces.

Blue eye's behind ice blue oval lensed glass's opened quickly as they felt a spongy landing. Their body was shaking whether it be from terror or genuine cold Iris couldn't tell. Iris.....was silent for a few moment's not taking in their surroundings before they gently rose and shook their head and the shaking passed.

Quietly they moved to speak. The note was in English. Logically Iris should try English before Danish.

"Hello?"

Voice trembling and wary with a slight hint of confusion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:55 pm 

Thomas noticed that they had someone on the Fall. He telepathed to Violetta that he would checked it out then he left. As he walked out, he felt for the person to make sure that the person was fine.
He walked to the door which opened on its own as he walked. A quick step down the steps to find the person.
"Hello! I am coming." Thomas spoke out.
"Welcome to Mystical Magical Mansion Academy. I am Headmaster Thomas. I hope that you have landed with no problem. I hope that you do understand our language here. If not, there is a spell which would help."

Thomas smiled as he looked at the girl and held out his hand to help her up.

While Thomas was gone to see who it was, Lady Violetta picked up on of her Grimoires to look up the Translation Spell. It was a spell that she had done in the past with much success but rarely ever used.

She glanced up to see how the class was coming along with their reading. She particularly watched to see if people were having difficulty ready due to a language barrier. Finally she stood up and spoke to the class as a whole.
"How many people are having difficulty with understanding the written or spoken language of American? I'd like to know because I will do the spell 'enmass' which means all at one time. If you have trouble reading the PLTs, I will update the PLTs with your preferred language.

I want everyone to be able to speak to each other and be able to read their assignments with ease. If you have any health issues or allergies, please let me know so that I can help you adjust to this world."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 pm 

Jaxon clasped the bracelet around his left arm and proceeded to the next box. He grabbed the rod by the top and the following colors materialized in order from strongest to weakest: red, brown, clear, and blue. "Huh, water is my weakest. But I'm a great swimmer though. Oh well, it's whatever", he said, before moving to the new phones they'd been given. He would have to add Zarya so that they could keep in touch.

Jaxon then proceeded to move to the belt and clasped it around his waist. Lastly came the cloak, but at the time, Jaxon was not focused on it. Instead, another question had arisen within his head.

"Headmistress, if this is a different planet, does that there are different types of food here as well? And if there is, is there a spell that can be used to analyze which foods are safe to consume and which are poisonous?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 pm 

Iris was rather startled initially. Though after a few moments of thinking gently messing with their glasses' Iris accepted the hand to help them up. Iris wasn't that hard to lift and was up and about in a few moment's gently rubbing their head before responding they understood well enough though for most a bit of an accent might be present.

...thank you? I'm Iris Rut Steffanson...where exactly are we? Am I supposed to be going anywhere?"

A small chuckle coming from their lip's as they looked about. Iris was nervous. They didn't exactly expect this or at least for it to be so immediate. Iris honestly thought it might have taken at least a day or two so they could tell their parent's. But now her parent's have no idea where they went did they.

"....Do my parent's know that I'm here or like can you alert them that im safe?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm 

"A very good question. This planet was created out of the Milky Way Galaxy's space trash. Lady Rosewoode brought all of the basic foods from Earth so we are safe eating the same things we did on Earth. There are some that are for animals however. Take Bird Berry for instance. Birds and other creatures can eat them safely but not humans. If you had an allergy on Earth, you will still have that allergy here.

The Space Trash is broken down into magickal components and these components are used to make new products here. Or sometimes, the products that we have taken from Earth are now being enhanced.

What this means is that until we are told in the future that the plants are safe to eat, we will be eating out of the vending machines. I will instruct you on how to use the vending machines to your own best benefits. There are other continents on this planet but I have yet seen any new people. Lady Rosewoode will have to make the decisions like the food consumption.? Lady Violetta spoke.

Thomas smiled as he helped the young lady up.
"You will have to speak to Lady Violetta about that. She is with the rest of the class. I'll take you to her now."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 pm 

Zarya examined the Grimoire, recalling hearing the term in television shows and movies. She wondered briefly how much of that stuff was based on truth and how much was simply fiction. Regardless, she didn't focus on it, instead placing it to the side and moving on to the laptop, or PLT, as they were evidently called here. She followed instructions, placing her hands on the indicated pads until it had registered her and began to ask questions. She quickly filled out the information and moved on to reading the rules. There were quite a few rules, but it didn't take long to read through them. By the time the headmistress stood and asked if anyone was having difficulty reading them, she had already finished.

She had no difficulty reading or understanding English, so she remained silent, examining the laptop instead. Likewise, when they were told to let her know if they had any health issues or allergies, to let her know this as well, she was silent once again. Outside of the occasional migraine, she had no real health issues, and she had no allergies to speak of, so she had nothing to say. She was a bit curious to hear the answer to Jaxon's question, and the answer soon came. Interesting.

So they would be eating from vending machines, then? She certainly hadn't expected that. It was a bit disappointing, as she was used to freshly prepared meals, but she was adaptable, so it wasn't the end of the world. She still wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, but decided to reserve any judgment until she saw what was actually in the vending machines. She hoped that they contained something better than the ones she'd seen on earth, as there was often little nutritional value to what was typically found in the ones she'd seen on earth. From what they had been told so far, they would need all the nutrition that they could get in order to properly train, so it made little sense for them to contain only those items. She might have asked about the foods the machines contained, but given that lunch was fast approaching, she thought that they would soon find out, so it was pointless to waste time asking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm 

There were so many different things...cell phones, belts, magical books, even laptop like contraptions... Elodie wasn't quite sure what to think of this new place. Were cell phones and laptops even considered magical? No...not really, but in a place like this, she guessed that anything was possible. She glances over the instructions, or rather rules, knowing she would have no problem with following them, except for the part that entailed including other students in her daily activities. She wasn't a very social person, just being in the same room with even this many people was nerve wrecking for her...so how was she supposed to manage talking to and interacting with others? It was, in her mind, impossible.

The headmistress goes on to say something about letting her know of any allergies or health issues that they might have, and as Elodie glances around, she was sure that the others looked extremely healthy...she, on the other hand, wasn't so healthy herself. Biting her bottom lip gently,
she was trying to gather the courage to raise her hand, and once she had managed to get it halfway up, barely raising her arm past shoulder point,
another of the students spoke before her, and she lets her arm drop. Maybe she could...tell the headmistress later.

Sighing softly, she lowers her eyes, staring at the different items in her lap, and on the seat next to her, wondering why...why was she chosen?
Was it a mistake? Someone like her couldn't possibly have what it takes to be...magic. Right? The conversation changes to that of the food situation of the place, and the headmistress mentions vending machines. Elodie glances up, then lets her eyes wander, trying not to make it obvious that she was looking at the other people's faces. From the girl that was watching her before, to the boy who asked the food question, and then the Japanese boy who seemed all too amused at this, and the late comer. And then there was herself... was it only going to be them? Or were there more students?

To be honest, Saburou had been joking about the translation spell, but the woman at the front seemed all too serious about it.
He continued to have that same grin on his face as he sat there, watching the events take place, the grin growing when laptops, yes, LAPTOPS were added to their already growing pile of items to be attained. He was pretty sure cell phones and laptops weren't magical, but hey, this was the lady's place, why not let her choose what she wanted, yeah?

When the woman spoke up about having difficulty reading or writing the language of American, he couldn't help it but snort out in laughter, the grin on his face even bigger than before. Eyes glimmering, he spoke up, raising his hand at the same time he did. "American? Do you not mean 'English'? American is not a language. Japanese is a language..." He lowers his hand, still with that bemused expression on his face. What more could this place offer for him in funnies?

He glances around, winking at the other girl who had been there before him, then looks to the others. The shy girl that had arrived about the same time he did looked so scared, and he saw as she was about to raise her hand when the boy from before spoke before she had a chance to raise it completely. Dick move bro. Dick move. He didn't even raise his hand to ask the question, instead just blurted it out. Saburou glares at him, raising an eyebrow behind his glasses.

Raising his own hand, he waits for the lady's attention, before speaking. "I do not have to say something, I think that girl does." He looks over to the quiet one sitting by herself, and when he pointed her out she goes wide eyed, a blush spreading across her cheeks like a wildfire in the hot savannah. She fidgets in her seat, and he glances to the other male. "You should raise your hand for questions, yeah?" He gives the guy a grin, and a thumbs up, but it was obvious how sarcastic he was being, just by the glint in his eyes. Turning his gaze elsewhere, he looks to the front of the room, feeling pretty satisfied with himself. He was usually a nice guy, but when people were rude...that was another thing altogether.

Click Me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 pm 

Lady Violetta spoke directly to Saburou but only he could hear it.

Do not correct me again unless you are prepared to explain yourself more than what you have so far. When I say American, I mean American. English is completely different. For instance. Bloody is a swear word in English but not in American. A biscuit is a cookie in English but not in American.

Also, if someone has a question, allow them to answer for themselves. They need to learn to stand up and speak out.

If you do not believe in Magick, then you will be placed in semi animation until you have learned what is and isn't real in this world. Forced learning is not my brand of teaching but I will use it if I need to.

Do you understand me?

" Elodie? Do you have anything to say or would you prefer to talk at a later time on a one on one basis?"

Lady Violetta gently asked at the same time as she was mentally speaking to Saburou. She knew that there would be at least one heckler in the class and she seemed to have found him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm 

Saburou falls quiet, hearing the voice in his head. This lady was nuts. He glares at her, knowing he was right, and she was wrong. He may not be that good at speaking the language, but he sure as hell knew what he'd learned in school. Did they teach American? No. They taught ENGLISH. But whatever, let her believe in what she wanted to. That wasn't really what bugged him the most. What bugged him was the fact that when he decided to speak out for a shy girl, he got told to let them be.

And that's not the kind of guy he was.

He may be a class clown, but he sure as heck wasn't going to sit back and watch another student suffer. It was something deep within him that compelled him to stick up for and speak out for those who really couldn't do it themselves, for whatever reasons. Being shy, being weak, all those things were a good enough reason for him to stand out for them. And even if that meant he was going to get into trouble, then he'd still do it. He looks over at the girl, who sat there fidgeting in her seat, twiddling her thumbs in her lap. He knew that he'd made her uncomfortable, but it had gotten the message across hadn't it?

And what in blazes did she mean by that last part? Was that a threat? Was this lady really threatening him? It's almost as if he didn't have a say in this...Forced learning, semi animation...He ignores the last part, deciding to just sit there, though the burning in his eyes was not to be missed. He didn't take to threats very kindly, not even if this woman was the headmistress or not. Being Japanese did not mean that he was all goody and polite with everyone. He was to an extent and had respect for those who were of higher status, but once they dropped a threat bomb, there was an immediate lack of higher standing in his eyes.

She glances up at the boy and quickly looks away, cheeks bright red as she listened to the question that Lady Violetta asked of her. Taking a deep breath, she shakes her head and opens her mouth, but then shuts it again, trying to think of what to say. She knew that the boy was just trying to help, but it did not make it any easier on her, now that she was being pointed out.

"I, uh...I can...talk later...Please." She finally manages to speak, though her voice was barely a whisper. Her accent was clear, French in a way but a little off. Her face, if it was possible, managed to get even darker as she drops her eyes to her lap, staring intently at her hands. She was so nervous, and she felt like she was about to pass out from all this pressure. She hoped that the boy wouldn't get into too much trouble for what he said...

Click Me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 pm 

"Very well then. I will be moving on for it is close to noon and that means the staff will soon have today's lunch selections in the vending machine.
I wonder how many of you know the history of the vending machine. The first modern coin-operated vending machines were introduced in London, England in the early 1880s, dispensing postcards. The first vending machine in the U.S. was built in 1888 by the Thomas Adams Gum Company, selling gum on New York City train platforms. Soon after that, a restaurant opened in Union Station. Instead of having waitresses and such, a vending machine was in place. In the vending machine were small plates of food. You would put the coins in each slot that had something that you wanted to eat and someone in the back replaced the items.

This is how our vending machines will work except that it will allow you to choose a certain amount of each food category. You will need to keep your nutritional values up high. Your caloric intake will be high as well because Magick will take its toll of your body. It takes a lot of energy to do Magick. Today is a free day and you may choose your food and even have some soda or pop if you wish." Lady Violetta spoke.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 pm 

Zarya looked up from examining the laptop when she heard the other boy speak, commenting about her use of the term American instead of English. She didn't think he was wrong. American was not, in and of itself, a separate language. It was a dialect of English. The majority of words were the same. There were some subtle differences, yes. Each one had certain words that were spelled a little differently or had different connotations, and both forms of English had their own slang words, but for the most part, they were the same. The differences didn't necessitate distinguishing it as its own language, at least in her mind. American English was the term she would have used, and the term that was widely accepted, but she hadn't cared to say this. It didn't matter to her in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not enough to risk getting into trouble.

Still, she found it a bit amusing that the boy was brave enough to actually say something to the woman. She wondered if he would get into trouble because of it. Based on what she had gathered about the woman so far, she thought that he definitely would get a scolding at the very least. She hoped his punishment wouldn't be too severe, though.

She blinked, surprised, when he winked at her, a hint of pink coloring her cheeks. Why? She wasn't exactly sure how to take it. Was he flirting with her? Trying to impress her? Or did he simply think that she would find it amusing and was expressing that? She wasn't used to people winking at her, so she really didn't have a clue. She decided it was probably the latter, as she had nothing to support either of the other conclusions. She shook her head, trying to erase the hint of pink that remained on her cheeks.

He seemed like a fun person. Goofy, a bit of a class clown, but he seemed nice, if a bit sarcastic. She though he was someone who would probably get her into trouble if she spent too much time with him. Still, she thought he was interesting. She definitely wanted to introduce herself and talk to him when she got the chance. She'd just have to be careful not to let him get her into trouble.

She truthfully hadn't even realized that the girl had raised her hand until he raised his hand and said that he thought she had something to say. She was surprised the turn the conversation took after that. She could tell something was going on with the boy, although she couldn't say what. If she had to guess, she would guess that the woman was speaking directly to him. Some form of magical telepathy, perhaps? And by the look on his face, it wasn't a pleasant talk. She kind of felt bad for him, truly.

The woman moved along after the girl said that she could talk later. She felt bad for her, too. She knew that the boy had good intentions, but she also knew that it was likely hard for the girl, who was shy to begin with, to have attention drawn to her. Regardless, what was done was done. The woman moved on, talking about lunch and the vending machines. She explained the history of the vending machine, which Zarya was quite certain most of them probably didn't care about, before explaining how theirs would work. She didn't mind hearing it, as she liked to learn things, although she was certain she would never use this information.

She thought it was a little strange, the way it was phrased that they could choose their food, and even a soda, if they wished, because it was a free day. She wondered if this wording was intentional, meant to indicate that they generally would not have such choices, or not. Whatever the meaning, she wouldn't find it by wondering about it. She was sure that the answer would become clear soon enough.

She didn't feel the need to ask this, or any other question, for that matter. Instead, she simply wished for this portion of the day to be over. She wanted to get up, move around, and talk to people. She liked learning, and she was at least somewhat intrigued by the whole idea of magic and a school where she could learn about it, but even she had a limit to how much raw information she could listen to before her mind began to wander. Thankfully, it seemed as though it was just about time for them to break for lunch.