All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

(OOC thread: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=49982)

In a world ruled by several kingdoms, the biggest kingdom was called the Kingdom of the Sun. In the capital of the Kingdom of the Sun, Solar, was the location of the headquarters of all the guilds of the Kingdom of the Sun. If you wanted to resign or sign up to a guild you had to go to the capital. Obtaining a higher level could be done at the various branches. The Kingdom of the Sun, was quite peaceful. Sure, there was this small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars, and the Kingdom of the Moon refused to meddle because they were on friendly terms with both the Kingdom of the Sun and the Kingdom of the Stars. But all of that was of no concern to the ordinary citizen. The Adventure Guild has a big bulletin board hanging up with all the available missions. The major religion was the Church of Light, they mainly recruited priests, healers, mages, and holy knights, but overall they were pretty harmless and advocates of peace, they were also trying to calm down the small dispute with the Kingdom of the Stars.

Grey von Hallwyrn had acquired his master title as a mage not that long ago. However, then the Mage Guild suddenly wanted him to pay a higher contribution, because now he could earn more in missions. Grey didn't really feel like taking on any missions so he decided to simply quit the Mage Guild. He travelled all the way to Solar in order to resign. Resigning from the Mage Guild had been such a bother. He sighed as he stepped out of the headquarters. The amount of paperwork was incredible. They even wanted to be paid a fine too. Now that he was not a member of any guild anymore he was relieved that he didn’t have any more responsibilities. Grey pulled up his hood as he started to wander around the city, he always wears his hood when he is in a city or a more crowded area.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom of the Sun
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:55 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

Althaia Rose strolled through the streets of Solar on her way to the market after spending the past several hours training, as she often did. She was actually home for once, so she thought she'd prepare herself a nice meal with some fresh ingredients from the market. She didn't really have anyone to share the meal with, but it was nice to have a fresh cooked meal at home every now and then. Besides, there was something about cooking that had always been fun and relaxing to her.

She made her way to the market and began picking out the vegetables she'd need before moving on to the meats and other items. As she selected the ingredients for the food, she made a mental note to pick up some herbs and other ingredients for potions while she was out. She was running low on a few things, so she might as well stock up while he was out. There was nothing worse than starting a potion and not having everything you needed to finish it, after all. At any rate, she preferred to be prepared at all times, so she'd rather be overstocked than under stocked.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Cassandra was geared up fully, hard leather and mail armour keeping her covered up. She'd been on the road not long ago, just coming out of a journey to Solar from another village. Her swords were sheathed in a harness of belts that kept her larger blade on her back and her two smaller ones at her hips, each one covered up by a simple but protective leather scabbard. A bag hanging off her arm was being filled with things she purchased as road supplies, and she was currently looking through preserved vegetables in jars on a small market stall. Cooking wasn't a strong suit of hers, and things that were already prepared and ready to eat after long days of walking were always appreciated.

Exchanging a small stack of jars for a handful of copper coins, she stowed the food away in the bag and adjusted its position to her back. "Seems like a good haul. Better get a room to stay the night," she thought to herself, turning away from the stall. Before she started to walk off, she adjusted her large sword by the scabbard, tilting it so the bag rested flat against her back instead of pushing around the crossguard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:17 pm 

Grey played with the thought of going to the tavern for a drink. He went off the main road to take an alley. Today he did not wear as much jewellery as normally, only a belt, a few rings and necklaces, and the usual hair ornaments. Grey walked into another alley. Finally he arrived at his destination. The tavern before him was not one of the popular ones frequented by adventures. This one was more remote and quiet, yet not rundown. He entered the tavern and sat down in a corner. After ordering a light drink, he took out a book and started reading. Everything about his body language said "don't disturb me".

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm 

Althaia picked out the rest of the food items she'd need and paid for them before heading for the potion shop. There was a stall in the market today, but some of the items she needed were on the rarer side, so she knew they wouldn't have them in the stall, as they tended to only have the more common items, where the less common and more expensive things were kept in the shop. Just in case. So, she decided to forego even stopping to check, instead heading right for the store.

She walked into the store and was greeted by a man, the shopkeeper, asking if he could assist her in any way. She took a list from her pocket and handed it to him. "Here's a list of the things I need, including the quantities." she explained. It had the more rare items she'd need, which were generally kept in the back. While he disappeared to the back to get the items on the list, she picked up the more common things around the shop. When he returned she paid for it all and thanked him, giving him a wave as she took the bag with the items in it and headed out of the shop. From there she headed home, taking her time to stroll through the streets and observe the people she passed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:48 am 

eyy, senpai!

As Cassandra walked throughout the streets, she kept an eye open for a good place to stop. She didn't intend to stick around for too long in an inn, maybe a day or two at the most, but sleeping in the streets wasn't exactly her ideal. She wasn't entirely opposed to sleeping outside, but camping out under the stars was much different from trying to rest in a back alley in the hopes that law enforcement wouldn't make you leave the area. In cities, the best option really was either a guild hall or, for the normal people, an inn. Most she'd been to had taverns built in as well, and they tended to be a good place to find easy work. A nice meal and drink after her long travels sounded nice too, so if she was lucky, she'd take care of all three in one swoop.

She passed by ones that seemed particularly busy, not really in the mood to wait around on food for too long or get hit on by tipsy patrons. It took some time, but she eventually came upon a more out of the way one. It was less full and much calmer inside, a perfect place to unwind and get some food. A seat was taken at the counter, a wooden stool with a short backrest, and she awaited service.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 am 

The drink that Grey had ordered arrived fast. After paying for it and taking a sip, he returned his attention to his book. The surroundings didn’t interest him in the least. Not the female with the eye catching big sword on her back that just walked in nor the slightly bored looking keeper of the tavern. It seemed like business was slow but not so slow that he had to worry about money. There was also a waitress walking around, not the prettiest girl that ever walked the earth but not ugly either. If Grey had bothered taking a look at her, he would have guessed that she was the keeper’s daughter. Most taverns were an inn and a tavern combined to accommodate travellers, but this one was only a tavern and more frequented by the locals. Some of the few regulars that were drinking at this time of the day suspiciously eyed Grey, who hadn’t removed his hood even within the building. However nobody actually bothered him since mages were pretty easily to recognise. And who would want to try and annoy a mage? Anyway the suspicious glances soon shifted to the female with the seemingly oversize sword although it didn’t seem like anyone would talk to her. For Grey his book was more interesting than the regulars at a tavern or a female waitress or a girl with a sword.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:34 am 

Althaia walked through the streets, observing the people around her as she did. She passed by a tavern and suddenly remembered something. "Oh!" she exclaimed to herself, spinning on her heels and heading in. She passed the girl with the large sword, as well as several of the regulars that were often here. Some of them said hi and waved, but most were drunk so she didn't pay them any mind. She even took note of the mage in the corner, but she walked right past all of them without saying a word and leaned against the counter, not paying any attention to the other man at the counter, either, other than to ensure that she didn't get up in his personal space, lest he get the wrong idea. As she leaned against the counter she pulled her hood down and revealing her white hair. "Well, hello, Miss Rose." she was greeted by the tavern keeper. "Hey." she greeted him with a wave.

She wasn't exactly what you'd call a regular, as she had little interest in alcohol, given that she preferred not to dull her senses, and wished to be in complete control of her faculties at all times. She also had little interest in the food they served, as she preferred cooking her own food when she was home. She had a very different reason for coming. "Here. For your wife." she pulled a small bag containing several vials or medicine from the bag that hung over her shoulder. "That should be enough to last you a little while." she held them out to him. He hesitated to take them, but she reached out and took his hand, placing the bag in his hand. "Take them. You don't need to pay me. Just take care of her, okay?" she instructed, giving him a friendly smile. The man hesitated a moment before nodding. "Thank you. You don't know how much we appreciate this." He thanked her. She waved it off and pushed herself up from the counter. "Don't worry about it. It's my pleasure." she smiled once more before turning to leave. "See ya!" she waved, and with that she left the tavern and headed back home.

She didn't generally make a habit of giving away medicine, but she was fond of the older woman, who had been kind to her when she'd first arrived in the city. They'd helped her out then, now it was her turn. She knew that the cost of her illness had taken a toll on them, so she didn't mind helping where she could. It wasn't like the medicine was hard or expensive to make. She had gotten most of the ingredients on her adventures, or from her own little herb garden, anyways. She didn't like to see people suffering, and after watching her mother suffer from illness when she was a child, and being too young to really be able to do too much to help her, she was happy to help, to try to make sure that their daughter didn't have to go through what she had gone through.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Cassandra watched as Althaia and the tavern keeper conversed, interested in the exchange of both the bag and the words that the two spoke. From what she gathered, it was something important, and the way the white-haired lady instructed the keeper to take care of his wife, she figured it might have been something related to a medical problem. Was she an apothecary, perhaps? If so, Cassandra thought that she may just have to make a purchase if she ran into her at some point. Medicine was important out on the road, and running out of it could stop an adventure in its tracks. Poorly treated wounds or illnesses that could be easily taken care of in a city could lead to death when isolated in the wilderness with no supplies, especially ones that crippled movement. It was grim, but a reality that needed to be considered.

For now, Cassandra returned her focus to the tavern's staff, finally passed a menu listing the establishment's available food and drinks. It wasn't really the time for heavy alcohols, she thought, so she took some tea and a plate of steak and vegetables. The menu was passed back, and she once again waited, considering her plans for the immediate future.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12 am 

When he took the last sip of his drink, it was time for Grey to leave. People had the tendency to start to talk to strangers that were around for a while and he didn’t want to be chatted up by anyone present. He packed up his book again and stood up to leave. Without greeting anyone, he left the tavern. The plan was to stay in the capital for the night and then return to his leisure lifestyle in a relatively calm village far away from all troublesome things. Since it was still too early for him to go and find an inn, Grey walked around the streets a bit more.
"Grey von Hallwyrn?" A voice from behind Grey asked. Grey turned around to see a young looking boy standing behind him. A guild messenger...

Each guild (with exception of the Adventure Guild) has ‘messengers’. They all look like relatively young boys, with the impression that they are much older then they look. In addition to that they all look identical except for their clothes which are usually the typical colour of their guild with a brooch with the emblem of the guild. These messengers have always been there and nobody really knows much about them except that they are always genuine (as in nobody can copy them).

According to the dark robes and the brooch on his chest, he was from the Mage Guild.
"Because you denied paying the resignation fee to the Mage Guild, you have to accept this mission, otherwise your resignation will not be accepted and the payment would still be collected. " The messenger held out a scroll towards Grey whom made no attempt to accept the scroll.
"Not interested," he simply stated.
"You are free to keep the reward money as stated in the Adventure Guild's Rulebook," the messenger continued in a monotone voice.
This tempted Grey a little and he thought that it wouldn't hurt to at least take a look. He took the scroll.
"With this you have accepted the mission, the best of luck to you," the messenger stated.
Grey looked at the scroll for a second before turning to the messenger again. "Just wait a second, I have not..." but the messenger had already disappeared into thin air. "Damn that Mage Guild and their Teleportation Spells," Grey grumbled and opened the scroll. Since he didn't want to pay that stupid fine, he may as well do a little mission.
At a different, less crowded space, Grey read the scroll again.

Mission:
Since three months there have been mysterious disappearances near the village Sunshine, south of the capital. The victims were last seen when entering the Forest of no Return. The mission includes discovering the reason for those disappearances, solving that matter, and saving the victims if possible.
This mission has been given to the Adventure Guild by the mayor of the village Sunshine, consult him for more information.
Mission start: 2 days from now on.
Reward: 100 gold coins.

Grey frowned. 'What do they expect from a place called "Forest of no Return" anyway?' he thought. Well, 100 gold coins is a lot, so he was going anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 pm 

Althaia left the tavern and was about to begin heading home when she decided to swing by the Adventure guild on her way. It wasn't too far out of her way and she had time to kill. Besides, she was curious to see if there was anything interesting on the board. So she made her way down the street towards the guild, silent as she walked. Once she arrived she gave a wave to the familiar faces and headed to the board. As she looked it over, she didn't really see much of interest. Most of them were just run-in-the-mill missions with a meager payoff. Nothing exciting. While she was looking over them, a mysterious cloaked figure approached her and held out a scroll. "Hmm?" she looked back at him but his face was obscured by the hood he wore. "Perhaps this will be a suitable mission for an adventurer such as yourself." the man spoke in a deep voice

She took the scroll and opened it, glancing over it. It was an official Adventure Guild mission with a one hundred gold reward. It started in two days, plenty of time for her to prepare. "Sure. Thanks." she gave the man a nod. "Who are you, anyways?" she asked, but he left without a word. "Weird." she mumbled, but shrugged it off and looked back at the scroll. "Seriously, though. Who goes into a place called the Forest of No Return? And what did anyone really expect to happen when people entered there?" she wondered aloud before shrugging once again. Whatever. It was a mission, and the reward was good, so why not?

She tucked the scroll away in her bag, turned, and left the guild, heading home. Once home she did as she had been planning to, she made some food. And while the food cooked, she also worked on preparing some potions. She wouldn't want to run out of anything on a mission, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:18 am 

eyy, senpai!

With her meal finished, Cassandra left the tavern. Its quietness was a nice change of pace from the usual noisy establishment, but perhaps a bit too quiet. She understood people keeping to themselves, but some of the inhabitants seemed rather antisocial as a whole. Outside of the town, life seemed immediately breathed into the street, and she went along her way until she hit the town square once again. She looked around for bulletin boards, wooden signs where townsfolk could hang job fliers to attract potential takers, typical sights in a big city frequented by adventurers. Her search was eventually fruitful, though the board she found was rather crowded by a group of rowdy young adventurers taking any job they came across that seemed interesting enough.

With arms crossed, Cassandra waited, tapping her foot as the ones ahead of her exchanged and hoarded jobs. By the time they left, there were none that paid especially well for the menial work offered. "Shop guarding, mushroom collecting, sheep herding...Come on, there's really nothing better?" She huffed unhappily, but felt a tug on her cloak from behind before she began to leave. It caught her attention, so she turned around to see who did it. Immediately, a person held out a scroll to her. She looked at them with some confusion, but they spoke up soon.

"The board is rather empty now, isn't it? This job will pay well, and it should be much more exciting for someone of your caliber, if you're interested." The person held the scroll up a bit more, and once Cassandra placed a hand on it, immediately skulked away and out of sight. Cassandra was naturally a bit skeeved out by this all, but she opened the scroll anyway to take a look. It did pay well, though the goal location's name was more than a little concerning. But at this point, anything was better than sheep herding.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm 

Grey went to the market to buy some supplies, since there were still 2 days left before the meeting time. It would take about one day to travel from the capital to Sunshine by horse. So he theoretically he would need to start travelling tomorrow morning. His plan was to sneak some coordinates for teleportation somewhere, otherwise he would need a horse. He was relieved to have finally obtained them by threatening a beginner mage to look it up at the Mage Guild. This way he had saved himself one whole day which he would spend lazing around at the capital. Teleportation is actually a very easy kind of magic, there were just a lot of downsides to using it. For one, you need some very detailed coordinates, otherwise who knows where you might end up. And after arriving at the goal there is often a very disoriented and nauseous feeling. And it is not possible to bring a lot of people or a lot of stuff. In other words teleportation is quite unhandy, but for someone like Grey who doesn't like to ride on horses it is the preferred way of travelling. This, of course, has nothing to do with his not very good riding skills.
In the morning of the second day, Grey had all the supplies which he could need for the mission. He had also constructed a magical bag which was always light and could fit an infinite amount of stuff. He went just outside the capital to a place with no people around. There he drew the teleportation circle. Grey teleported himself to just outside Sunshine Village. As expected he felt very disoriented. He sat down under a close by tree to calm down.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

Althaia spent the rest of the day making potions, preparing some previsions, gathering and packing supplies, and otherwise preparing for the mission she had accepted. She packed her things that night, careful to inventory everything and make sure she had everything she would possibly need, and then turned in early, all of her things packed and ready for the journey ahead.

The next morning she woke up early and after having breakfast, she gathered her things, got her horse ready, and set off for Sunshine Village, where the meeting regarding the mission would take place. She rode through the day, stopping periodically to rest her horse when necessary, and to eat. She didn't take any more breaks than was strictly necessary, as she wanted to get there as soon as possible. It still took the better part of the day to get there, but she reached the town by nightfall, which was fine by her.

Upon arriving she found a place to stay for the night, putting her horse up in the stable and going inside to get a room in the inn. The meeting would take place the next morning, so she thought it best to go ahead and get some sleep. Not like she had anything better to do that night, anyways. She made her way to the room she'd be staying in and turned in for the night. She wondered briefly who the others on the mission would be, but didn't dwell on it. There was no sense spending too much time wondering. After all, she'd find out soon enough.