All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 pm 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Jace watched the two siblings move through the locker room and to their seats. His attention turned to Rylan knowing he would want to start, but the guy showed no emotion or desire to start. Jace just watched as their captain looked at the two siblings, then the comment from Kyle came out, which made Jace weary about the situation.
-----------------------
Surprisingly, no eye-roll or annoyed signs came from Rylan as he heard Kyle's comment, but actually a smirk. "Alright, let's begin," he said looking around at each person.
Rylan moved to the side of the board to make sure everyone could see exactly what he wrote.
"I know everyone probably has an idea as to who I am, but for the sake that someone doesn't know me. My name is Rylan Knight," he said giving a small wave. "I am the captain of this team. Now I know this is kind of cheesy, but I need to put faces to names and I'm sure not everyone knows each other. So introductions will help with this. Give us name and position or if you are one of the cheerleaders, then state you are one."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:17 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Ken’s seating became stiff as his eyes scan over the area. Now afraid to make eye contact with anyone else, but felt the need to make it look like he was unphrased by his siblings’ actions. His temples becoming sweaty and not slacking in his position. However, in cases like this introductions made him anxious. “My name is Ken Valentines and I am this team’s Goalie.” Getting a grip on his nerves Ken leans towards his brother slightly and smiled lightly. “This is my brother Kyle.”

Kyle waved casually at his fellow teammates. “I play as Defense. My brother and I had every intention to come here early, but my sister Kayla cut her hand at the parking lot. So I went to go get her. I apologize for leaving unexpectedly.”

Kayla shrugged her shoulders as her hands were busy holding down the wound on her palm. “It’s no big deal, though. I used to be an ice girl and believe it or not we had to be tough girls too.” She flashed a smile with pride.

“Right.” Ken continued on with the conversation with ease. Less intense. “By the way we’re triplets.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 pm 

Medals: 2

Seth watched the triplets interact and saw that Kayla's hand was still bleeding, he got a towel out of his locker and leaned over to her "For your hand" he said quietly as he sat it on her knee.

As he straightened up he realized it was his turn to speak "Seth Hunter, Defiance" he said clearly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm 

1st Year (1)

Ordo wrote:
Seth watched the triplets interact and saw that Kayla's hand was still bleeding, he got a towel out of his locker and leaned over to her "For your hand" he said quietly as he sat it on her knee.

As he straightened up he realized it was his turn to speak "Seth Hunter, Defiance" he said clearly.

Kayla jumped slightly in her seat and snapped her attention towards the source of the noise. Her shoulders loosen the tension when she realized it was just a towel, neatly placed on her knee surprisingly, and glanced up to meet someone who was familiar. She somewhat knew the guy, but never caught his name until he introduce himself to the team. Actually, her brothers knew Seth from another event and bumping into him more frequently around town. At least that was how they exchanged their phone numbers and got to know each other for a little bit on their behalf.
With that in mind she picked up the towel with her unwounded hand and placed it on top of her cut. Pressing it with a little pressure. Kayla lean close to him, vaguely, with a soft smile. "Thank you Seth." Before leaning her back against the cub seating.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:27 pm 

Seth smiled back to Kayla and nodded at her words "Not a problem"he said softly also leaning back in his chair.

He sat watching rest of the room and daydreamed slightly as the others introduced themselves, he noted the names and positions but wondered when the core of the meeting would come to light.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 am 

Bored

Jace waited as everyone introduced themselves, learning names the best he could. He noticed no one else was speaking, which meant it was his turn. He gave a slight smile and tried not to look like an idiot.
"Jace Kariya, center. If you can't pronounce my name just think of Korea. Pretty much sounds the same. Also, yes before anyone asks my father is Paul Kariya, one of the famous captains of the Mighty Ducks," he said giving a wave to everyone from his stall.
--------------------
Vanellope wondered why Jace looked familiar. Like he said, Jace's dad was Paul Kariya, a great NHL player who played in Anaheim. She nodded, but then noticed it was her turn. Her personality pushed into gear and she gave a sweet smile, and a small wave to everyone.
"Hi, my name is Vanellope Aliz. I am one of the cheerleaders for the team," she said before looking back up toward Rylan.
--------------------
Rylan noticed that was everyone in the room, which meant he could move onto the next part of the small meeting. He turned his head slightly to look up at the whiteboard. [i]Oh boy, team rules. This is gonna be interesting,[i] he thought.
"Alright, as much as I know everyone hates rules, we have to have them. Of course, there are rules from the league about stuff such as media relations and such, but the rules I'm talking about are our team's rules. Now, I understand the season hasn't started, but now is the best time to get to know them. A list of rules for the team will be placed in the room and a fine system will be set up for breaking these rules. I'll have the list posted roughly in a week," Rylan said as he glanced at each person in the room. "Now, these rules won't apply to the cheerleaders or ice crew, but I have heard similar rules will be posted for you girls too."

Rylan slowly moved to the other side of the whiteboard, only to make sure he didn't seem like a statue standing in one place. His eyes meet some of the people in the room, making sure they understood.
"Some of the rules would be rookies cleaning the bus after road trips, showing up late to practice, not helping unpack the bus after road trips, deliberately breaking sticks, and not keeping your stall clean. Obviously, these are just a few rules, and like I said I will have all of them posted in the locker room. Also, this is a rule of mine that I'd like to make sure everyone knows whether you are over 21 or not. No drinking the night before a game. If we don't have a game the next day, then I don't mind, but do not drink the day before cause it will be a $100 fine."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:00 pm 

1st Year (1)

"There's rules because someone else was stupid enough to get hurt or hurt someone else." Ken muttered. Echoing what his father used to tell him and his other siblings.

"Neither of you drink, though." Kayla whispered between the two, even though Ken was louder about his message and was shameless about his volume.

Kyle shrugged his shoulders from both of his sibling's replies to the rules and kept quiet. Letting his own thoughts analyze the following rules since this wasn't his first rodeo he attended. He crossed his arms over his chest, leaned his back against the cubby support, and placed his legs one over the other. Fidgeting his right leg gently and patiently waiting for more introduction and/or rules to be explained.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:30 pm 

Bored

Jace smirked as he listened to Rylan's personal rule about drinking. He shook his head, even though he didn't drink, his younger days at the local ice rink he couldn't count how many players were drinking before and after some recreational league games. He glanced around the room and noticed the three triplets whispering.
------------------
Vanellope just gave a small smile, as she thought of her dad who used to play hockey and he and his buddies would drink or go out to the bar after their games. She reigned her focus back in and looked back toward Rylan waiting for him to continue.
------------------
Rylan expected people talking, knowing he just stated a fine that might not apply to any of them in the room, but he wanted to make sure everyone understood. He waited for the whispering to halt before continuing to the next part of the meeting.
"Okay, schedules. I think we will have a more in-depth meeting as we move closer to training camp, but schedules will be posted for an entire month and can be subject to changes, but they will mostly correct. The schedules will include everything from practices, to bus pick-up for road games, and even community events. With this being a new team for the community, we need to convince them we belong here and we can bring pride to St. Augustine in the hockey world. So we will likely have another community event at the beginning of September, but I can't be sure what it will be yet."

Rylan stopped in his place and waited for reactions or comments to flood the room.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

Seth nodded thinking about what the captain said about everything so far.

“I’m new here, but what do you mean “convince them we belong”?” Seth asked half raising his hand forgetting he wasn’t in school anymore “I mean the people I have met are nice” he added glancing at the others and back to the captain.

Being the youngest in the room he felt stupid for his question but it was out now and unable to be took back.

He waited for either the others to laugh him out of the team or the captain to respond or a combination of the two slowly starting to blush.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 am 

Bored

Before Rylan could answer Seth's answer, Jace spoke up before him. "He means that some people do not believe a sport like hockey should belong in a place like Florida, especially a city this close to the ocean. As you know there are only a handful of teams that are in warm climates," he said with a shrug.

"Thank you Jace," Rylan said as he also gave a nod of acknowledgement toward Seth. "Yes, many are welcoming us in this city with open arms, but there are people who don't believe the team will do good especially since the ECHL is also adding a team in Jacksonville, Florida. So now there are four team in Florida, who you will be competing against."

-----------------
Vanellope smiled as Seth's comment, but she didn't react any further. She listened to both Jace and Rylan speak understanding the pressure now put on the team and management to look great in the public eye.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:44 am 

1st Year (1)

Kyle leaned forward with his elbows resting on top of his knees as he glanced over at Seth. "If teams in California like the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings can win the Stanley Cups then it proves that coast places does have a place in hockey. Heck even Tampa Bay Lighting team won back in 2004. I think it weighs more with a person's dreams and hard work. This isn't ECHL winners, but I think the topic can still relate to our situation." He explained, using his own words, then leaned his back against his stale. His arms crossing over his chest and pressed his legs together while he relaxed in his position. Eyeing the other players to see what was their reaction and avoiding a stare from his siblings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:46 pm 

Seth nodded as Jace and Rylan spoke, then sighed.
“If that’s the case, why would the ECHL add two teams if they wouldn’t be well received?” he asked looking around at the others then shook his head “That’s fine we just need to play hard and give it our all” he added as he mentally changed gears going from hurt school boy to defenseman of the Pirates.
As he thought about his words he realized he used part of the players code from Laser Quest and blushed hoping that no one noticed, then he looked around again and doubted that anyone in the room had played Laser tag in ten years due to the other players ages.
He also realized that his nerves had made himself very dry and wondered where he could get some water or soda.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:29 pm 

Bored

Rylan heard Kyle's comment, and he nodded his head in agreement. Before he could speak, Seth asked his question. He understood what Seth meant, which Rylan questioned himself whether he explained it clearly.

"Sorry, I must have not explained it well," Rylan said. "Many people do want this team and are welcoming us in the community, but the problem is there those few who believe a different sport would be more beneficially to the community. Some of those people may be here at the press conference, but we need to be professional and if they somehow ask a question, then answer that question."

Rylan looked around at the entire room before nodding to everyone. "When you go up on stage, people will direct you to where you are located. I will likely be in the middle. Do not panic if you cannot answer a question. If you cannot answer one, then refer to me and I will try to answer it," Rylan said before turning to Vanellope and Kayla. "I know I invited you to the conference, but sadly, our dumb public relations did not plan for you to be here, so you can either wait off to the side of the stage or sit in the audience."

----------------------------------------
Vanellope shrugged her shoulders as she could careless what anyone thought about the new team. Rylan talked about the conference before addressing her and Kayla. She gave a nod and looked over at Kayla, kind of asking what she wanted to do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 pm 

1st Year (1)

Kayla crossed her arms over her chest as she leaned her back against both of the locker mini dorm behind her and one of her brother's shoulder to relax. Her cut hand being held under a wet towel being pushed onto her stomach for the proper pressure to stop the bleeding. Her eyes glanced up and down the room to meet everyone else's eyes since they were mostly waiting for her response. However, the only pair of eyes that were on her was the other girl, Vanellope. "I don't care where I need to sit as long as I'm able to support my brothers." She spoke up with a genuine response. It held a little bit of wild compassion in her tone, yet it was said with a form of elegance. "I'll be sitting with the audiences if it doesn't bother anyone."
Since she and her siblings were already exposed with media coverage and having less privacy in their lives, they were used to keeping their responses professional and to the point.
Both of her brothers gaze back at Rylan for further instructions and to await what is going to be his answer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 pm 

Seth stood up as ready as he was going to be for the press conference then looked down at himself then at the others. “Would it be best to wear a suit?” he asked looking up to Rylan as he put his hand on the garment bag that held his suit.

As his eyes scanned the others he saw that the towel that Kayla had looked like it wasn’t doing much good anymore and bent down and got her two fresh ones and handed them to her “Looks like you may need these” he said softly to her.

As he stood back up he smiled to her then at the room in general he hoped that he could calm down some so that his mind would stop shifting to random things like this.

He waited for Rylan’s response.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 pm 

Bored

Rylan gave a small smirk in Seth's direction, laughter an uncommon occurrence with him. He shifted on his feet before walking over toward the whiteboard and setting the marker down in a tray of dry-erase markers. He turned back toward Seth before answering his question.

"I mean the suit is fine, but I thought I said wear a nice polo shirt and dress pants," Rylan said, the smirk still present on his face. "Okay beside that, we are going to be introduced from inside here. Someone will be in here in about ten minutes and will run us through who will be going first, but just put on a smile and give a small wave. I don't know how many people are going to show up, but just be prepared. At the end of the conference, we are going to debut our jerseys. I will be one of them, but I need someone else to volunteer to wear the home jersey."

-----------------------
Jace smiled and shook his head before getting up and stretching his legs. He listened to Rylan and his eyes widen slightly, as he shied away from the opportunity at debuting the jersey. I'd rather not do that, Jace thought.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:38 pm 

1st Year (1)

Both of the brothers scanned down at each other suits then shared a glance of approval stare. Giving each other a nonverbal thumbs up before sitting down properly on the beach seat. Kyle leaned his back against the locker with his arms crossing over his chest whereas Ken sustained his position. As Kayla heard the jersey announcement, she sat up straight and looked around the room in search for any willing volunteer before looking upon her brothers. Which she found surprising and lacked enthusiasm in doing so. She could tell there was no interest in their eyes.
Instead of waiting for her siblings Kayla raised her hand to ask a question. "Is someone not on team allowed to show case the jersey? I wouldn't mind volunteering since I was an ice girl in the past." The last part, she said, felt slightly uneasy since she wasn't ready for the information to be put out there in public. While It's mostly an emotional connection and grieving for her father's passing and the reason why she wasn't participating the moment. Though only her brothers knew of this. Everything else was kept private.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm 

Bored

Rylan turned to Kayla, considering the question. He crossed his arms as he contemplating how the event was supposed to go according to the public relations staff. He crossed his arms and bit the inside of his lip. Well, I do not mind whether she does it. But, is the public relations staff going to be upset with me because it wasn't one of the other players. He looked down at Kayla with a soft shrug before nodding to her.

"Yeah, you can do it. I don't mind, though we will have to convince the public relations staff to let you do it," Rylan said with a smirk. "I do have an idea though."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:31 pm 

1st Year (1)

Kayla worn the same smirk as Rylan did between his cheeks and stood up with a share excitement. Staring at the guy, now across from her, daringly and with confidence. "What's your idea?"

Unbeknownst to her, though her brothers were nervous about this arrangement especially when they are unaware what is needed for her to wear the jersey. Between the triplets growing up Kayla was the most determine to get things done, then there's Kyle next in line. Whereas Ken was the least likely to take chances, but was more willing to if it meant his other siblings encouraged him to. Verbally and nonverbally. However, in this case, all of the siblings were very protective of each other. Including in public places, like school, restaurants, etc. they were never met hostile people. If they did it was confronted early on. The two brothers shared a concerning glances as their sister stood up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:57 pm 

Bored

Rylan bit the inside of his cheek, thoughts rambling through his head as he tried to explain how the idea would work to himself. He didn't want to look dumb, which is why he choose to think about the idea first.

"Well, as the sport has been growing, I think if you do this then it appeals to everyone, not just male sports fans," Rylan explained. "Besides, as long as I am wearing one of the jerseys because I'm captain, it shouldn't be too big of a problem." He shrugged his shoulders hoping it would be good enough to convince Kayla to do this for the team.

--------------------------
Vanellope listened in on Rylan's conversation with Kayla and agreed with his idea. She wouldn't mind wearing the jersey, but in her opinion she probably wasn't the best person to show off the jersey.