All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Set Sails! // IC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Scarlet indeed followed Melanie like she suggested she would. Sword still grabbed by the hilt as she noted that the walk seemed shorter on the way back. Seems the drama with the pub just made it feel like a long dramatic get away.

On the little walk back, Scarlet noted very quickly the action that played out in front of her. Something keeping clean of beer or rum helped benefit. A little distance away, she slowly walked to Melanie's side. Deciding to keep no more than a few feet from the metal armed girl. "What do we have here..." she murmured aloud, slowly drawing her sword and unbuckling her pistol. Scarlet would have made a move, but as she got closer once more to Melanie, another pursuer seemed to step between her and the two, a burly figure wielding a dagger. She eyed to the right in the direction she saw many of the hooded figures running. It was quiet clear that someone was being chased... and while Scarlet usually didn't play hero, it seems she would have no choice this time. Especially with Melanie in a confrontation. She felt almost obligated to help alongside a want to do so.

She narrowed her eyes, and as the new burly cloaked figure made a move forward; she thrust her sword for a parry. It glanced off the cloaked figures dagger, and he made a swipe when she got too close. A small red line appearing on her brow just above her eye. Scarlet glanced quickly at Melanie, and blinked bloodily while displaying an emotion of frustration and question. " 2v2, Do we fight?..." she said. Letting the question hang in the air as she got ready to fend off any attack that might come her way.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:06 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Ross grinned at Eleanor as she came up to join him on the roof. "Not necessarily," he said, working out some kinks in his neck and arms. "But you might think otherwise when I tell you what I want to do... I'm planning on getting into another fight." He pointed down onto the alleyways below, where the chase was still ongoing.

"There's another damsel in distress waiting to be saved," he added, giving Eleanor a subtle wink. "Come join me if you want to pretend to be a hero for a while."

And with that, Ross drew a cutlass and jumped down right in the midst of the cloaked figures, grabbing onto one to make sure that he used him as a landing pad. The other three cloaked figures paused momentarily, clearly confused as to who their assailant was, but as the girl continued to run away from them, they turned and kept running. The man Ross landed on grunted. He might have a concussion and few broken ribs, but he'd be fine.

"Sorry about that," Ross said with no real sincerity in his voice, and then began to chase the other cloaked figures. As he neared them, he saw one of them draw a crossbow and aim it at the girl running ahead. Ross managed to divert his shot by sticking his cutlass out in front of him and poking at the crossbow. The bolt soared towards a sack of potatoes, which ripped and spilled its contents onto the floor. The girl slipped on one, fell back, and hit her head on an iron box. She didn't get up, clearly knocked out.

The cloaked figures turned to face him, their snarls only just visible under their hooded faces. "Who are you?" they hissed in voices with a strange accent as they drew their blades.

Ross laughed, drawing his second cutlass and pointing one at each of them. "I was going to ask you the same thing," he said.

The cloaked figures looked at each other, as if they had expected a different answer.

Ross made an impatient noise with his mouth. "At least tell me who the girl is, then," he said, slightly exasperated.

They chose not to answer and instead struck out at Ross, who rolled his eyes. "Your funeral, lads," he said, parrying their blows with ease.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:25 pm 

lurking

Blog: View Blog (0)

Melanie instantly pulled out her short sword as the cloaked figure in front of her. As he rose he snarled before glinting steel swung towards her throat. She instinctively parried the blow but it still got a good slash in on her shoulder. The pirate hissed between clenched teeth.

Soon another pursuer joined the fight and the odds seemed a little less in their favor. He was burly and probably even more combative than the other cloaked figure.

“I don’t know if we have a choice,” she readied her blade in her flesh hand and kept her prosthetic ready for any openings. Melanie glanced only for a moment to see a sailing Ross gracefully following the chase. She instantly became worried of his ability to fight in his current state. Eleanor had stolen a lot of alcohol.

Before she could get another thought in, yet another blow was flying towards Melanie. This time she was ready and easily stopped a few attempts before taking advantage of the cloaked person’s aggression.

When he charged at her she swiftly dodged, parried and landed a good punch in the side of his head. He grunted and stumbled before recovering enough to come at Melanie again. He caught the pirate off guard and shoved her against the alley's wall.

Melanie was barely holding the knife from her throat. Her mind thought of options and weakness, but all she could do was focus on the immediate threat. In her awkward position she managed to knee the person’s side hard enough that he grunted and lessened the force holding her from the wall.

Melanie shoved him away from her and slashed towards the hand with his sword. The metal bit deep but the man wouldn’t let the pirate get away with something like that. He got a good final slash that also cut deep into her upper arm. Melanie hissed before swinging one last punch as he stumbled and slumped to the ground.