All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pokémon Adventure [IC]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:49 am 

eyy, senpai!

Medals: 14
GM of the Month (1) Longest RP (2)
Completed RP (1) Best Entrance (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Pallet Town was bustling with activity in the morning. Around that time of year, aspiring people of all ages from all across the region converged on the humble town to meet the professor and become officially sanctioned trainers. The streets were rife with activity, people and Pokemon alike walking about and waiting for their appointed time to get their Pokedexes, or in the case of people from other regions, to get theirs registered in the Kanto league.

Nearby, a normally-quiet lodge was filled to the brim, the lobby housing dozens of people and their companions. Within a room on the second floor, some activity could be heard as morning exercises were done. Ken was hard at work doing pushups alongside Chopper, a daily ritual that the two did together to help wake up a bit easier. He was clearly excited, hyped up for the biggest day of his life. That morning, within the hour, he would be a real Pokemon trainer and be able to see the world in the best way he could imagine.

"This is really it, buddy. You and me, we're gonna go far. Ain't anything gonna keep us down now." He stopped his pushups, swinging himself forward into a seated position. Chopper stopped as well, standing up and nodding in response. The two extended their fists, performing a quick sequence of bumps and handshakes, ending with a grasp of hands. "Let's get ready."

Ken stood up and rolled his shoulders, tugging on his vest and shoes to complete his day outfit. "Yo, Takeo! Time to get up. We got a lotta stuff to do today, ya know." His foot came to the side of one of the beds in the room, atop which was a mess of pillows and blankets and his currently-sleeping brother. "Wouldn't wanna miss the appointment, would ya?" He gave the mattress a shake while talking, not enough to be startling, but definitely enough to wake someone up.

The mass of bedpsread began to move as Takeo awoke, sitting up while still covered in the top sheet. He pulled it off, eyes still closed and hair an absolute mess, and yawned. "Mhm..." He quietly answered, slowly blinking a few times to adjust to being awake. Sleepily, he slid out of bed and turned back to the disastrous mess made out of the blankets, which he started to straighten out. "What time is it?" He asked, taking a knocked away pillow when it was offered to him by Chopper.

"About nine. We still got plenty of time to get there, so don't rush too much," Ken answered. "Let's head downstairs and get somethin' to eat first." He quickly adjusted a crooked corner of the bedsheets, then headed out the door, waiting on the walkway just outside it.

Takeo quickly finished up, dressing himself and combing his hair to look presentable. He then headed into the bathroom and turned on the light, looking in the tub. It was full of water, and Maggie was resting at the bottom, still asleep. The sudden light woke her up, and when Takeo put his hand in the water, she swam up and lightly nibbled at his fingers to search for foot. He laughed quietly, patting her head. "Sorry, not yet. We're going to get some breakfast though."

Maggie let out a large glub, then jumped out of the tub, landing on the tile floor with a thud. Immediately, she began to flail around, hopping out into the bedroom. The significant splashing dried her off a bit, but left water everywhere, which Takeo rushed to mop with a towel before chasing her out into the hallway. By the time he caught up, she had exited the room entirely, and was being held by Ken, who leaned against the second floor rail.

"Mentioned food, didn't ya?" He asked, passing the fish back to Takeo, who nodded meekly. "Heh, happens every time. Well, let's go!" Turning away, he headed for the stairs and sat on the handrail, sliding down to the ground floor. Takeo and Chopper simply descended using the stairs, while Maggie remained still in his grip aside from occasionally moving her fins. Once they hit the lobby, they walked together towards the dining room.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:54 pm 

lurking

Blog: View Blog (0)

The Vermillion City harbor was the first of Kanto that Poppy saw. Her eevee, Brooke, huddled close her ankles in the harsh wind out at sea. They looked out over the water at the land growing larger in the distance. Her new home. Not Vermillion City specifically, but Kanto would become more familiar to her over time. She planned to meet people, explore, and of course bond with pokemon old and new. That’s what this journey was about. Brooke pawed at Poppy’s leg until she picked her up so the little eevee could plant herself on Poppy’s left shoulder. Suddenly feeling a rush of excitement, Poppy smiled at her small friend, her mini purple scarf blowing behind her.

“It looks so beautiful from here, I can’t wait to see all of the cities in Kanto. You better be nice, Brooke,” Poppy looks over to see the eevee about to hiss at a near passerby. “Would you rather I dropped you back at home with my cousins? They might be older now but they aren’t leaving on their journeys for at least another few months,” the idea of being around the bustling bunch of ten through twelve year olds made Brooke calm down.

The boat docked in the harbor and I watched as old friends and family were greeted as people filed onto mainland. Poppy took in the large city and soon started on her journey to Pallet Town. The pokemon professor lived there and she could imagine that many trainers were starting their journey today. The sun was high, and the warm summer weather brought the end of school. Today seemed like just the type of day to bring forth new experiences and people. Although Brooke wasn’t as excited, no one could deny the palpable joy simmering in the air. It was every kid’s dream to explore their world and bond with all people and pokemon alike. This started for Poppy today.

She had a notebook in her backpack where she wrote down the time of her appointment. She had talked to a nice person named Maple over an intercom about starting her journey. Pallet Town grew closer as Poppy travelled through Route 1 according to some signs along the way.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:38 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

A gentle breeze flowed through the forest at the edge of Pallet Town, the forest was populated by tons of Pokemon and trainers used to be able to go in and catch wild Pokemon whenever they wanted, but lately they've had to stay away from certain parts of the forest because a male, oddly colored Ninetales had started living there and he got very aggressive when trainers tried to get too close to a certain part in the forest and would sometimes attack the trainers themselves if they didn't leave with his first warning. The breeze ruffled the oddly colored Ninetales' fur as he awakened, his head emerged from within the trunk of an old, hollowed out tree to see if it was safe to go outside of the makeshift den. The Ninetales had silvery-blue colored fur but his eyes were red, the same color as a normal Ninetales. The Ninetales had been keeping something warm underneath his tails and lifted a few of them up to reveal a sleeping 12 year old girl with white hair and a Riolu that was sleeping as well. The girl was actually the Ninetales' trainer and the Riolu was her Pokemon as well. The Ninetales, named Kurama, nudged the Riolu, named Kira, to let Kira know that it was time for him to get up and go search for food while he protected their trainer. Kira opened his eyes and got up without any further prodding from the Ninetales, he knew that they had to take care of their trainer because she was too weak and inexperienced to take care of herself. The trainer, named Draco, opened her eyes and said, "Good morning guys. Shall we go into town and get something to eat?" Kurama growled at her to let her know that she wasn't going into town, just Kira. Draco sighed and said, "Come on guys, I'll be fine." Draco stood up to go with Kira into Pallet Town but was stopped by Kurama who had used all nine of his silver and blue tails to hold her down. Draco sighed as her Riolu looked at her and seemed to agree with Kurama about her staying at their hideaway. Draco said, "Alright, fine." Draco sat down next to Kurama, who was now curling his tails around her to keep her warm, even though it was summer. Draco sighed in irritation, she knew that she had to stay hidden if she didn't want to be found by the people who had kidnapped her years ago and be right back at square one but they were being a bit too overprotective, even if they meant well.

Kira made his way towards the lodge in Pallet Town that he normally got food from. The people that ran the lodge were nice enough to give him food but it was only enough food for just himself, he actually would hide the food given to him so that he could get enough food from the other residents of Pallet Town, and sometimes even kind travelers, to take back and feed his trainer, Kurama, and himself for a meal, and he did this at noon and at evening to get food for the other meals. Kira had just arrived and tapped on the kitchen window the way he always did to let the owners know he was there. The chef heard it and pulled out the food that they saved just for him and said, "Here you go, sweetheart. You come here every day and you're such a sweet Riolu, it's a shame you don't have a trainer." Kira took the food from her and gave the chef a gesture that meant that he didn't mind before he bowed to thank her as he left. Kira then went to the place where he would hide the food until he had got enough for the three of them and then went back to a different store to collect the food that they would give him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:03 am 

Bored

Medals: 3
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Blaze let out a sigh as he sat on his bed, staring down at the floor. His room was completely soon, void of any noise or was that just Blaze's head blocking off all noise from reaching his mind. The last few weeks kept his mind from stopping and taking a break. He had moved all the way from the Kalos Region into an unknown place he had vacationed once in his life and he barely even remembered the region.

The time is now. The time has come for me to make my own way in this world. It is a region I can experience to the highest value because this is where famous trainers started their journey as well. I will not back down from this feat and I will not succumb to the toughness of the journey. I will power my way through this region. I will become the strongest trainer in my heart and in the world.

A loud noise from downstairs awoke Blaze from his trance-like-state. He hustled downstairs into the living room to find both of his parents trying to clean up a broke picture frame. They looked up at him with surprise, as if he shouldn't be there.

"Umm.. Is everything okay?" Blaze asked, quite confused. He glanced around the room to find the reason of why the picture frame fell, but found no proof.

"Yeah, honey! We are perfectly fine," his mom said with a big smile. Of course, Blaze could tell they were hiding something from him because his mom always called him a nickname when she lied. "So, how is your packing going? Do you have everything you need for your journey?"

"Yes, I am finished. I was getting ready to head out soon, but the noise kind of distracted me," Blaze said walking over to the couch and sitting on the arm rest. Both his parents looked at him with smiles, but underneath he knew they were full of fear and worried about him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 pm 

Best Group RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Ryan hummed, Washi sitting comfortably, bundled up in his trainer's arms. He had decided on a morning walk to wake himself up, and he was surprised at the amount of people around. He knew why, of course, since it was the same reason he was here. Still, he wasn't expecting such a tiny town like this to be so lively. He had been there a couple days, the rip from Fuchsia city having taken about a week or so, and the town had been busy since he gotten there, but it seemed to have gotten way worst over night. Or maybe he was just not paying attention until today? He wondered how the people who normally lived in this town felt about it all? Living in somewhat busy cities his entire life, he was presuming it getting so loud and crowded would be SO much more displeasing if it was only once in a while.

He stopped, noticing he was there, the Pallet Town Pokemon Labs. He sighed, taking a seat on a bench outside, noticing a lot of other people waiting. What was he even doing here? Get a Kanto license so he can be a trainer here. "But why do I WANT one?" He thought to himself, absentmindedly scratching Washi's head, the bird giving a pleased noise. He shook those thoughts out of his head, giving himself a small slap. "I know why I want one, right?" He said to himself, nodding. He knew why, but what a challenge it was going to be. Still, it was something it would take a good long while to get to, so he needed to relax. Being a pokemon trainer was about fun, most of all, so why worry about it? He looked around, seeing a bunch of exited and eager faces, smiling as they awaited to become pokemon trainers. He smiled, deciding having doubts at this stage and time were nothing but foolishness! He needed to be excited, and excited he became as he thought about it. "Washi you're going to become a giant eagle and I'm going to ride on you and it's going to be the greatest." He told his bird friend, how cool that was finally hitting him. Granted, he could also ride on a dragon. Or a giant banana tree. Or a giant metal bird, instead of a giant normal bird. Pokemon were cool, was the end of this train of thought

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 pm 

"Okay Arthur, one more time before we move on!" Colin called, holding a stance that looked vaguely like a generic karate stance. "Punch, kick, punch, kick! That's right, keep it up!" By his side, the short Riolu was imitating the basic punches and kicks his trainer was performing. "Chop, elbow, punch, punch, headbutt!" At this point, the preteen had pretty much given up on resembling a formal style and was just randomly sticking together moves in a kata he came up with for his partner. Not that Arthur was really complaining, even if he didn't think it would do him any good.

"Alright! now, let's go, five laps around the camp to cool down!" With that, the red-head started jogging, making sure he kept pace with the Riolu jogging with him around their campsite in the forests near Pallet. Smiling, he glanced at his partner and couldn't help but think that if they kept this up, Arthur will show his true strength in no time. He's sure of it! Noting that they were on their last lap, he nodded as they finished up. "Alright, time for breakfast!" He shouted, heading over to his bag as his partner flopped down on the down. "Remember to keep standing until you get your breath back Arthur, it's not healthy to lie down immediately after exercising," he called out. In response to this, the Riolu immediately scrambled back to his feet while trying to catch his breath.

Sniffing, the Riolu blinked before glancing about. Making a confused sound, he tilted his head. Could have sworn he caught a whiff of something... Before he could consider trying to use his aura sense to investigate, Arthur heard the sound of a canister being opened and his stomach growled in response. With the thought of food on his mind, the tiny blue and black Pokemon had all but dashed for his breakfast, completely forgetting about whatever it was he thought he sensed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm 

eyy, senpai!

After a morning feast consisting mostly of free bread offered by the hotel, as well as some kibble-like food for their Pokemon, Takeo and Ken exited the hotel entirely. Chopper and Maggie remained outside of their Pokeballs, the former walking alongside the team while the latter was carried in Takeo's arms. The amount of people out and about that day was pretty incredible, and folks were socializing with each other in droves. It looked like it was gonna be a darn good day, at least from Ken's perspective. People to meet, places to see, battles to win, all that and more was well within reach. All they had to do was get in the lab on their appointed time, get registered, and get moving. Ken couldn't help but smile brightly as he thought about it. "You and me, buddy. We're gonna be masters one day, I can feel it."

Takeo appreciated the little bit of encouragement, responding with a nod and a distinctly happy-sounding "Yeah," though delivered in his typically quiet tone of voice. He sure hoped they would. But still, even if they weren't destined for greatness like Ken was utterly convinced they were, he would enjoy himself on the journey all the same. Getting out of the house was good for him, and a Pokemon training adventure was a pretty good way to get out into the world. While he thought about it, he lightly scratched under Maggie's chin, and she wriggled a bit to lean closer into his hand.

As they hit the lab, Ken checked the Pokegear strapped to his wrist to look at the time. "Eh, we got a little bit of a wait. Not too bad, though. Make yourself comfy til then." He looked for a bench that wasn't too full yet, and sat on one semi-occupied by another trainer and his Rufflet. They didn't look like Kanto natives, which was immediately interesting enough to get his attention. "Yo," He greeted with a quick, loose salute of the hand. "You guys new to Kanto?" While he spoke with Ryan, Takeo set Maggie down to climb onto the bench next to Ken. Maggie then splashed her way off the ground and landed squarely in his lap, where she awaited and was given more attention.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:10 pm 

lurking

Route 1 was a beautiful representation of Kanto. Poppy hoped that all of the region was like this. The air was sweet and nature seemed to roll in every direction away from the city. Pallet down was almost dug out in the trees and grassy areas, and Poppy betted that people living here loved to enjoy all of the scenery around them.

Brooke hopped to the dirt path with one elegant motion and quickly started exploring and taking in path they were on. A small journey like this was similar to the one she had back in Johto. She had found Brooke on her way to the harbors. The little eevee had disrupted her and Annie’s lunch when she came looking for some food. Brooke was small but she could hold her own. Unfortunately she still had trouble finding enough food with her other eevee friends and siblings. Eevee politics. As much as Annie didn’t want to give up some of her Pecha berries, Poppy insisted on sharing with the new pokemon.

Brooke obviously didn’t trust any of it at first. But after a good journey through Johto Brooke started to come around. She only followed at first for the food but eventually couldn’t help bonding with Poppy. The idea of seeing another region made Brooke ecstatic. People weren’t her forte but new places definitely were. She also could have all the berries she wanted so it was a win-win in her favor.

Poppy was happy for the new addition as well. She knew that starting a team early on would make her journey through a new region infinitely more enjoyable. Creating new bonds was something Poppy continued to look forward to. She went from having basically three energetic younger siblings to just being with her and her new friends. A break from the noise and craziness was only good for a while.

The peaceful serenity of the path was soon disrupted. Brooke scurried out of a nearby bush with a particularly large and angry rattata chasing behind her. Poppy sighed as she forgot to keep an eye on her curious friend. Brooke clawed her way up Poppy’s leg and set herself in the fluff of her jacket’s hood. The rattata ran around them while still keeping a wary distance.

“You always get yourself in these situations, Brooke. I don’t know any of your moves or abilities yet,” Poppy took a few quick seconds to think of a plan. “Can you scare it away?” Poppy looked back at her friends while still keeping a close eye on the hostile rattata. Brooke calmed herself before jumping down and confronting the wild pokemon. The rattata charged at her with a tackle that Brooke easily dodged with her higher speed. As soon as the rattata recovered from the miss Brooke is after it. She kicked up dust and dirt into the air surrounding the wild pokemon. Sand attack! Poppy mentally celebrated as her friend took the advantage over her opponent.

“Tackle! Quick!” Poppy noticed the rattata starting to recover from the dusty cloud. Poppy didn’t expect Brook to listen to her but without hesitation the small eevee tackled and chased the pokemon away. “Brooke you did it!” Poppy ran over and picked up her miniature victor. Ending their journey on a high note the two quickly made their way into Pallet Town. The small village was bustling with new trainers.

Poppy hurried to the lab and took a seat to wait her turn to meet with the professor. As soon as she sat she let Annie out of her pokeball to tell her the whole story. Annie was happy to see her new friend gaining experience. Brooke wasn’t as happy to have a bulbasaur on top of her in a hug, but the eevee definitely appreciated the attention and praise.

Last edited by Kinetic on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:20 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Draco sat next to her oddly colored Ninetails, Kurama, with an irritated look on her face. She didn't like the fact that her Pokemon didn't let her go out in public or do anything that would involve being around people. Draco was trying to devise a plan to get away from Kurama long enough to go into town when she heard a loud noise that sounded close. Kurama stood up immediately to go investigate the source and growled softly at Draco to tell her to stay put before running off into the forest to find the source of the sound. Draco waited until Kurama was out of sight before she stood up and ran toward Pallet Town.

Draco found her way to Pallet Town okay. She felt bad about running off on Kurama like that when he was just trying to protect her but she wanted to interact with other people, not hide in fear of being recaptured by the ones who kidnapped her all those years ago. Draco saw 3 trainers sitting on a bench outside of the lab, one had a Machop, another had a Rufflet, and the last one had a shiny Magikarp. Draco walked over to them and said, "H-Hi. I'm Draco, what are your names?" Draco was currently wearing dirty old rags and looked underwieght which made it painfully obvious that she didn't have a home or any money. She did, however, have a belt with two Pokeballs on it which meant that she was also a trainer. Regardless of her appearance she had a bright and cheerful smile on her face as she waited for the three trainer's replies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:47 am 

Bored

Blaze's mother smiled and listened before gesturing for Blaze to come outside. She gave a very big smile as she and her husband lead their son out into the garden near the rear of the house.

Blaze's eyes widen as he stared upon a four foot tall Pokemon with icy blue skin and ocean blue eyes, which were staring him down as well. The Pokemon made the air around them chilly

"No way! That's an Amaura! Oh my," Blaze said running up and hugging the Amaura, though he quickly regretted the decision realizing how cold the Pokemon was. He rubbed his freezing arms with his hands before stepping back a little bit.

"Is she mine? How'd you get her here?" Blaze asked smiling widely. His parents were smiling and grateful that he loved his new friend.

"You can name her whatever you like," Blaze's father said, holding his wife against him. Blaze looked at Amaura and thought about names that he really liked and then the perfect name came to him.

"Korrina," Blaze said, "I want that to be her name." Blaze looked over at his newly named Amaura. "Do you like that name?" he asked his pokemon. He stroked her head, though Blaze was still not used to her cold touch. He looked back at his parents, who gave a smile and a nod to him and Korrina.

"I hope you love your present, dear, but I think you should introduce Korrina to Shadow," his mother said with some worry in her voice. Blaze's other pokemon was quite protective of Blaze because they have been inseparable since Blaze was only 2. Blaze nodded to his mother for yelling for Shadow.

From inside the house, a loud howl came and the noise moved from the upper half of the house to the outside. A dark black Houndour came hustling out into the garden, a menacing look set on his face. Shadow growled up at Korrina, but immediately Blaze stepped in.

"Shadow, no. That is our new friend, Korrina. She is going to be coming with us on our journey!" Blaze said happily. Shadow gave one last look up at Korrina, who wasn't clearly impressed with Shadow, before walking away from her. "Speaking of my journey, I need to get going!" Blaze said hurrying up to his room and grabbing his backpack and other stuff needed for his adventure. He ran back downstairs and hugged both his parents. They gave him Korrina's pokeball and said their goodbyes. Blaze went outside, smiling down at Shadow at his side, then let Korrina in her pokeball and putting her in his coat pocket.

Blaze and Shadow ran up towards the Pokemon Research Lab in Pallet Town, owned by the famous Pokemon Professor Oak. As he and Shadow approached the lab, Blaze noticed other kids outside the gates waiting. Most of them had a Pokemon with them, which made him think they were also there to start their own journeys. Blaze smiled and walked over to another bench with Shadow following him, but also keeping a close eye on the other trainers. He let out a low growl as they passed, which Blaze rolled his eyes because of Shadow's protective sense. He sat down and waited noticing what some of the other trainers Pokemon were. A Machop, a Rufflet, and a Magikarp. Wow, those are quite a few different Pokemon to start a journey with.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:22 am 

2nd Year (1)

Ryan looked up, seeing a boy around his age and a younger one sitting down next to him. The older one sent him a greeting, then asked if Ryan was new to Kanto. "They're friendly in this town, aren't they?" Ryan though to himself, before nodding and answering. "Naw, been living here for five years, over in Fuchsia." He answered, petting Washi as the bird gave a cry of greeting to the two pokemon that followed the two boys. "I am from Unova, though, so I don't blame you for asking. Name's Ryan, nice to meet you. I take it you're Kanto natives?" He asked, Washi jumping out of his hands to walk over to Chopper, looking the fighting-type over. He let out a squawk of approval after a few seconds, and begun to do some gestures with his wings indicating he wanted to play with the fighting type.

Ryan smiled as he watched the Pokemon interact, looking around to see what other Pokemon might be around. There were a number of interesting things around, a Houndour catching his eye. There were mostly first or single stage pokemon, as expected, but Ryan couldn't help but wonder about the people with already evolved Pokemon. Were they gifts, people training before they were licensed...people just getting way luckier than most others? He supposed it didn't matter, but it was curious to him. Granted, some people didn't get any Pokemon until the day they became trainers, so he guessed he was probably curious to them! Not everybody decided to take a pet and go train with it, after all.

Before he could do anything else, a girl suddenly came up to them, introducing herself and asking their names. He looked over the girl, then leaned over to Ken, whispering something into his ears. "Hey, does Kanto have a hobo problem or something?" He asked, cupping his mouth so the girl, Draco she said she was called, couldn't hear him. He turned his attention back to her, frowning. "I'm Ryan. Do you need any help? Do your parents known that you're here?" He asked her, knowing something was up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 pm 

Colin and Arthur hadn't gotten very far through their breakfast, when the tiny Riolu perked up and looked around. "Hm? What's up Arthur?" The trainer asked, noticing his partner's actions. It was about then that he heard a faint noise, vaguely like... Cheering? "Huh, guess someone's nearby." Figuring they may as well go see what's up, he quickly packed up his stuff before they went to investigate after giving the Riolu time to get some more food in his stomach. By the time they got there, however, it was already over and it looked like whoever it was had already left.

'Looks like we missed a battle or something, doesn't look like it took very long though,' he thought to himself, before noticing his partner staring in the woods. "Arthur?" His partner glowed for a few seconds as he tapped into his Aura to sense their surroundings, and then the Riolu yelped and hid behind Colin's leg, prompting a confused blink from the pre-teen. "What's wrong?" As soon as he asked that, he noticed some movement and saw a pair of annoyed-looking red eyes. A pair of red eyes accompanied by a body covered in silvery-blue fur. "Wait, is that a...?" He asked himself, before pulling out his PokéDex and pointing it at the Pokémon for an entry.

"Ninetales, evolved form of Vulpix, supposedly can live a thousand years, golden coat- Wait, golden coat?" Colin blinked as he read that bit from the entry that got pulled up. Looking over his Dex, he looked at the annoyed Ninetales and its distinctly not gold fur. "Either I'm color-blind, or that is silver. In which case, either this thing's wrong, or this guy's kinda weird," he commented out loud. "Should I try to catch it or...?" Humming in thought, he eventually figured 'why not' and brought out a Pokéball to throw at it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:16 am 

eyy, senpai!

Ken nodded, a smile forming as he did so. "Sure am. Just came in from Vermillion not too long ago. Me and my bro here have been at the lodge just down the road. Pretty nice place, but man, I can't wait to actually get on the road out of here." He leaned back into the bench in a very casual stance, crossing one of his legs over the other at the knee. "Likewise. I'm Ken, that's Takeo, and that's Chopper," He said, motioning to his brother and Machop respectively. Takeo raised a hand and waved to him, while Chopper took a keen interest in Washi.

While the trainers looked on, Chopper eyed the Rufflet with crossed arms, and when he squawked at him, he made some sounds of his own, making a stance that looked vaguely like a sparring stance. As a Fighting type, his idea of play often involved physical altercations and activities, whether wrestling or running around. He hopped around a bit on his feet, eagerly awaiting what Washi was going to do, and completely ignoring the other kid that walked up to the group.

Immediate concern crossed Ken's face, and he responded quietly. "Huh...No, not where I'm from." He leaned forward, straightening his stance out in the process. Kids wandered around Kanto on their own all the time, but few looked so ragged. Draco, she called herself, was pretty clearly struggling. "Yo, I'm Ken. Like Ryan said, if ya need help, we'll do what we can."

Takeo, remaining quiet, looked at Draco with equal concern and nervousness. He didn't say anything, and sort of repositioned Maggie in his arms so that his face below the nose was hidden behind her dorsal fin. While his brother handled the newcoming kid, he eventually let his attention wander, and Poppy caught his attention on a nearby bench. She had two Pokemon, which was immediately interesting to him. And one of them was one of the three most often bred and distributed to new trainers in Kanto. He wondered if she was already licensed, or had a lucky catch out in the wild. While he thought about how much he'd like to have one of those three, or even one of some other region's trio, he didn't notice just how noticeable his stare at them was getting. Something about meeting another trainer's eyes being the start of a confrontation hung in the back of his head, drowned out by thoughts of adorable reptiles.

An intercom just outside the lab began to speak as a small group of people exited the front doors. "Now serving appointment #338! Come on in!" The voice was that of a very inviting, friendly-sounding woman, and after the message ended, a short jingle played and the intercom went quiet.

Ken looked up as it happened, his attention grabbed. "Oh, it's gettin' close. Should be next up, even. You guys wanna come in with us? Save some time, get on the road quicker, that good stuff." He directed the offer mostly to Ryan, but wouldn't mind if some more folks tagged along as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:07 pm 

Draco smiled kindly at the three trainers before her. Draco's ears were sharper than most since she had to survive in the wilderness so she heard Ryan's "hobo" comment but didn't show any signs of hearing it. Draco heard both of the older trainers say their names and that they could help her if she needed it. One of them asked if her parents knew she was here and she knew that answering that question would bring on pity, which she didn't want but she knew she had to tell them. Draco said, "My parents died when I was a baby, i don't remember them. I don't need help anymore, I now know that I'm in Kanto and that's all I wanted to know." Draco was about to turn to leave when her Riolu, Kira, saw her. Draco said, "Oh crud." Kira ran over to her and started making angry sounds as he seemed to be scolding her. Draco said, "Hey Kira. I would say that I wandered over here after getting seperated from Kurama but I know that lies won't work on you since you can tell when someone's lying." Kira huffed at her angrily and Draco said, "I know I have to be careful but I'm tired of hiding in the woods. Plus, if I can't talk to people I won't be able to get the information we need to get home. I know you and Kurama are just trying to protect me but you guys get a bit to extreme. I mean, you come to town and pretend to be a wild Riolu to get food from the people here so that we can eat and Kurama acts like a scary wild Ninetales and attacks people that get too close to where we're hiding while I just sit there and hide." The trainers that she had been speaking to before Kira spotted her would probably be able to put two and two together and figure out that the oddly colored Ninetales that they had been warned would attack people if they got too close to a certain part of the forest on the edge of Pallet Town belonged to her. Draco turned to the boys and said, "It was nice meeting all of you. I gotta go now, bye!" Before she allowed herself to be dragged toward the forest by her Riolu.

Kurama had been growling at the male trainer and his Riolu, they were too close to the den where Draco was hiding so he felt he needed to scare them off. Kurama simply allowed the Pokeball to hit him and it bounced off of him and did nothing, which would mean that he already belonged to someone. Kurama used Flamethrower and aimed it at the ground in front of the trainer to tell him to leave. Kurama always gave a warning to trainers and their Pokemon before attacking if they didn't heed his warning and leave. Kurama's silvery-blue fur was standing on end as he bristled in aggression. If the trainer and his Riolu didn't leave, then he would attack them like everyone else who didn't listen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 pm 

lurking

The older trainer grew sheepish with her two pokemon as they started to obviously tease and play fight on the bench they sat on. As hard as Poppy tried, the two could never get along as well as she wanted them too. It brought her back to how her cousins would act around each other. They were like rowdy sisters, and Poppy was happy to reminisce from her bulbasaur and eevee. Annie, with light green spots dotting her nose and face, climbed atop a protesting Brooke. The lazy bulbasaur didn’t seem like the strongest in the world but she was larger than the abnormally small eevee. Poppy laughed as the two played and interacted together. They caught the attention of some people passing by with younger kids who pointed and gawked at every pokemon they passed.

Poppy noticed she had also caught the attention of a guy sitting with a couple other people. One boy sat next to him with a magikarp, she assumed that he was his brother since they looked just vaguely similar like siblings probably would. Maybe they were cousins but she couldn’t tell. Another boy was mingling with them when a worryingly disgruntled girl walked over to the bunch, ignored by a playing machop and rufflet.

After a short interaction, a riolu came running over and dragged the girl away and into the forest. Poppy soon wondered if things like this were common in Kanto. Back in Johto she lived in such a small, sleepy town that she didn’t get out and see much of anything. It was one of the big reasons she yearned to travel like this. Even just on the trip to get here she had seen more than she had in her entire life. It was exhilarating.
Brooke wiggled out from underneath the larger pokemon and watched the riolu and girl run away. Annie curiously climbed onto her trainer's lap before settling down for a nap.

After hearing the number, 338, over the intercom Poppy immediately rifled through her pockets for the paper where she wrote down her appointment information. She had written down #340 on the paper. Even though the soon to be trainer had made of a point of scheduling early she still ended up short with a fairly high number. She hadn’t been waiting long, though, and the girl was filled with excitement that matched nothing else. Brooke scampered around her to match the energy before settling on her shoulder.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 pm 

Bored

Blaze watched everyone with interest, not really paying attention to his other surroundings. He watched the other group interact, but he didn't mind feeling left out because of Shadow's protectiveness. Blaze was afraid Shadow would hurt anyone who got close to him, which might be the reason why many family members were thankful that Shadow would make the trip to Kanto with the WinnWell family.

Blaze awoke from his small daze when he heard Shadow growling at the other Pokemon, who were playing. Man, you are never going to make friends if all you do is growl at people, Blaze thought, but a smile still crossed his face. Then, the announcement over the intercom interrupted his thoughts. Blaze couldn't remember what time his appointment was, but one of the guy's voice caught his attention. He was saying that anyone could come in with him and Blaze shrugged his shoulders, thinking why not?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:35 am 

2nd Year (1)

Washi hopped forward and backward, spreading out his wings and letting out another squawk. To those not in the know, it would appear that the bird was taking on it's own fighting stance, but in reality Washi had no idea what Chop was doing and was just going along with it. Luckily, if Chop took it as an invitation to get physical, the small eagle was no stranger to rough housing and would eagerly return the favor. That is, if it wasn't for the fact Ryan scooped him up, a look of concern on the trainer's face. Washi tried to struggle against the sudden hold, ruffling up his feathers, but he soon realized it was futile and calmed down. Or maybe he just forgot why he was struggling in the first place, hard to say with him.

Ryan was wondering what to do. A girl without parents shouldn't have been out in the wilderness by herself, that was for sure. Pokemon were quite helpful on a journey for protection, true, but most journeys begun with stocking up in a town, letting others know where you were planning on going next, and usually lasted a few weeks at most. None of those things applied to that girl, but on one hand, she seemed perfectly fine and content. "Because we all know children are well known for their ability to fully understand possibly dangerous situations and react accordingly." Truth be told, he kind of just didn't want to cause a scene, and surely somebody ELSE would go check after her, right? That meant it was okay for him to ignore it and hope it got better, just like he solved all of his problems.

At this point, Ken offered to let Ryan go in with him and Takeo, and Ryan was just about to take the offer when a thought popped into his head. "By the time you're done in there, you would have lost track of her and have no way of tracking her down." He closed his eyes and sighing, trying to ignore it. He opened his mouth to say something, then stopped, closing it again. After a few more moments of having his eyes closed.... "Gah. Thanks for the offer, dude, but it's gonna drive me crazy if I just let that hobo child run off. Gonna go after her and see what's up. Guess I'm just not the type of person to look away when somebody might be in trouble." He said, his tone of voice indicating some small annoyance. But his body did look a bit tense, and worry, if a bit small, was quite obvious in his eyes. "But hey, you seem like a cool guy to hang with, so I'll catch ya later, be sure of that." He said, grinning at Ken, holding out his hand for a handshake.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:33 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

"and you're completely sure about that?" a concerned looking man kneeled down to pat his Lombre a bit, the disinterested look on its face and the cold avoidance of the touch made the man frown before looking back up at Chance with uncertainty. Chance gave the man a bright smile in response, almost cheeky in his response.

"Ah, don't sweat it. Give her a day or two and she'll be more cheery than you know what to do with. You a fan of salsa?"

The man quirked an eyebrow at him as he put his Lombre back in a Pokeball "The.... dip?"

"The music." Chance said with a chuckle "play some with your Lombre around, you might be surprised," just as the man opened his mouth to ask more questions, Sion started to stir in Chance's arms and immediately began grumbling at him noisily. Chance used his thumb to wipe the sleep from the edges of the pokemon's eyes before scratching behind its ears; Sion's fit refused to be quelled so easily.

"What's the matter, bud? Bad dream?" Sion gave him a blank look before pointing straight at the sun. Chance's eyes widened in horror as realization struck him on the head. He'd been so caught up talking to trainers about their pokemon; his number had probably passed by now. Without request, Sion clambered up to hug around Chance's neck before giving off a harsh white glow. Chance looked up at the trainer and gave him an apologetic look before waving.

"Sorry to go so fast, it was nice meeting you, remember to add some more protein to your spinarak's di-"

With a blinding flash, the pair materialized near a lodge. The sheer volume of people about was indication enough that they'd landed in the right place. Chance surveyed the area and let out a loud whistle while giving his companion a no-look high five. The town was well kept with simple bright homes and lush patches of grass between paved streets and sidewalks. Several people took advantage of the wide open spaces and were strolling about or playing with their pokemon. A particularly lively mankey hopped over Chance's head before circling him a few times and darting off towards a large collection of people. Countless trainers filled the area with excited chatter and noise as some went about showing off their pokemon. A lot of nervous and emotional faces were among the crowd, but Sion's attention had focused in on a single face. He settled back into Chance's cradling arm before tugging at his shirt with a claw. The Abra pointed right at a small Eevee sitting on its trainer's shoulder before looking up at Chance and giving him a few rumbles about 'what a good idea it'd be to go meet her'. Chance chuckled and looked down at his companion's pleading face with an amused expression.

"You wake up and tell me off for my wandering, but it's okay when you do it, huh?" The Abra slowly brought a claw up to Chance's mouth to shush him before pointing back at the Eevee testily. Chance chuckled before making his way over, still taking in the scenery of the town as he strolled. With a warm smile and a wave, Chance greeted the trainer Sion had completely ignored in favor of the Eevee.

"Hey, sorry about this but..." he looked down at Sion who was currently still shamelessly pointing.

"I think this little guy might have a crush!" Chance joked. The Abra paid no mind to the introductions as he tugged at Chance's shirt.

"I'm Chance and this...," he started before hefting the Abra a bit in his arms. He'd calmed his tugging a bit since they'd gotten close "This is Sion, do you mind if we sit for a bit? Need to make sure we haven't missed our appointment; 339 here,"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:41 am 

Blinking, Collin looked at the pokeball. "Huh, guess that answers one question," he commented to himself. Before he could say anything else, the Ninetales used Flamethrower, making him reflexively jump back a little with a surprised look on his face. Meanwhile, Arthur was freaking out at the sudden attack, jumping back with him and hiding behind the trainer in terror. Looking down at his partner, the trainer had to make a decision. He can either try to boost the Riolu's confidence by trying to battle the weird-looking Pokemon in front of them, or leave and let him calm down.

Considering his partner's state, it was really a no-brainer. "Come on Arthur," he said, smiling as he got a surprised look from his partner. "We should probably be heading to town anyway." As Arthur rapidly nodded at the opportunity to leave the odd Ninetales that was scaring him, his trainer couldn't help but wonder something out loud as they walked away. "That guy looked pretty dirty. Wonder where the heck his trainer is, and why they haven't gone to Pallet yet," he voiced to himself, not even paying attention to how the Ninetales may react as they left. Maybe they can get to town without further incident? Or at least, meet someone who knows what was that Pokemon's problem. Ah well, that question should be answered soon, as they are nearing the very edge of the forest.

At this point, they could start to see peeks of the town from between the trees. They could see the hills, the valleys, and...
"Holy Miltank, that's a lot of people," Collin commented, staring at the rather impressive assortment of people gathered around a single building. Crossing his arms, he hummed in thought. "Wait, what day is it? Is registration today?" With that realization, he started to wonder if he should rush down there to register his pokedex. There is already a pretty big line after all... At that moment, he noticed a couple trainers shaking hands and wondered what they were talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 pm 

eyy, senpai!

Chopper was disappointed, letting his arms fall to his sides as he slumped for a moment. It didn't last too long, moping never did for him, but a chance to have some fun with a spar being lost was truly a tragedy for the rambunctious Machop. He crossed his arms tightly and shifted stance a little, scanning around for other potential battles to be had. None of the others currently present around the front door really caught his interest, so he turned to Takeo and Maggie, challenging them by taking stance once more. Takeo shook his head, but Chopper wasn't having it, making a motion towards himself with the fingers of his outstretched hand. Maggie began to wriggle around until she fell out of Takeo's grip, and once on the floor, bounced up and into Chopper's midsection, knocking him off balance. Takeo gawked at the sight, not entirely sure what to do.

Ken agreed with Ryan's response to his offer, giving him and approving thumbs up. "For sure, man. Good luck with that kid out there. Once we're registered, expect us right on your tail. See ya when I see ya." He took the handshake, and after Ryan departed, turned to look at the kerfuffle between fighter and fish going on by the bench. He laughed in amusement as Chopper held Maggie upside down, getting slapped back and forth across his face by the Magikarp's tail fin. "C'mon, Chopper! You can't grapple something like that and you know it!" Looking up to Takeo, he gave one of his especially confident-looking smiles. "Looks like she's itching for a fight. You know what to do, bro."

While at first hesitant, Takeo took a deep breath and stood up, sliding off the bench. "Y-yeah, okay. Maggie, use Splash!" He ordered, at which point the Magikarp gave an especially strong flop against Chopper's midsection, breaking his grip. Once on the ground, she flopped hard again, bouncing a good three feet into the air. Takeo thought hard about the next move, his gaze moving to Chopper. The Machop was readying his own move at Ken's orders, a Karate Chop. His hand began to glow brightly as power was focused into it. Just as Maggie's upward arc ended, Takeo followed up with a second move. "Use Tackle!"

Maggie turned downward and shot forward quickly, while Chopper tried to hit her with his own attack. She slipped past his hand and impacted him head on with her skull, knocking the Machop off his footing. He fell back, sunglasses knocked off, in a daze while Maggie thudded to the floor ungracefully, continuing her flops in a much less high-jumping pattern. She seemed to have won, as Chopper remained floored for a good few seconds before he sat up and rubbed his forehead, making a disgruntled sound.

"Good job, man. You two did pretty darn great there," Ken said in congratulations. "And you got some of his extra energy out. I'd say that's a win-win." He held his hand out to his Machop, who took it to pull himself to his feet, then quickly got his glasses off the floor and put them on. While it was a loss, he held no hard feelings, simply glad to have been able to rough around a bit.

A growling noise caught his attention, and he took notice of Shadow and his trainer. With a tilt of his head, he wandered towards the two, crossing his arms once more to make himself look extra cool. He looked up towards Blaze, then pointed at Shadow, seemingly asking him about the Houndour at his feet.