All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RWBY: The Vytal Festival
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:51 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Eighty years ago, what was then known as the Kingdom of Mantle and the other three kingdoms – Vacuo, Vale and Mistral – were engaged in a Great War that shook all of Remnant. After years of bloodshed, the four kingdoms signed a truce on the island of Vytal. The end of the Great War led to a period of peace for all four kingdoms. The newfound peace was celebrated with the Vytal Festival, a biennial event where the people of Remnant gather to celebrate their unity and diversity. In memory of the conflict that occurred a friendly contest of combat ability between the Combat schools is held. The goals is to foster bonds of friendship and healthy rivalry between all the Kingdoms. About a month prior to the festival people flock to Vale from all over Remnant and students and faculty of the other schools are welcomed into Beacon's halls to participate in events and classes.

First impressions of Beacon? It was big, maybe even bigger than Haven. It was certainly impressive, not quite enough to make him doubt his choice to go to Haven over Beacon. In fact he'd grown rather fond of Haven over the course of his first semester. Especially his team... Speaking of team VANI... Where the heck were they? He'd lost track of them shortly after hearing the welcome address. Now he was supposed to find the visitor's dorms armed with nothing but a map that made no sense. If he was lucky he'd run into someone he knew from signal. Although he'd have to be really lucky, he hadn't really had many friends at Signal. The Hallways were positively labyrinthian! Yup, Indigo was lost. Azure was never gonna let him live this one down.

Last edited by Poise&Poison on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:39 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

Rose Natsu sighed as she walked out of her dorm room. She had a small break before and after lunch so she had decided to take a nap. It was now noon, she locked her door and started to walk to the cafeteria to get something to eat. She had plans to meet up wit Lether, it seemed that she had somehow befriended him, which was strange seeing how she barely talked. She gave a soft sigh but her thoughts were soon interrupted when she walked right into a boy. Rose stumbled back a bit and gave a soft yelp when someone behind her stepped on her tail. She glared at the person who stomped on her tail as they walked passed her and gave another sigh before looking to see that a handsome boy with indigo and black colored hair was standing in front of her.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I wasn't watching where I was.... Wait, you're here to stay for the Vytal Festival right?" The pink haired girl tilted her head softly, her fox ears flopping to the side softly as she did so. She didn't know who this boy was, but he seemed lost.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 pm 

Lether exited his dorm room and bean heading towards the cafeteria. He had plans to eat lunch with Rose, and he was kinda nervous - he had feelings for Rose, and he hadn't expected her to say yes to sitting at lunch with a goofball like him. He saw Rose at the end of the hallway, and hurried to catch up. He glared at the person who stepped on her tail - one of the school bullies who was anti-Faunus - and hurried to her side. "Hey, Rose - your tail okay?" he asked, but was instantly distracted by the indigo haired boy in front of them. "Haven't seen you before - you here for the Vytal Festival?" he asked.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm 

Medals: 3
Adaptive (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1)

Silver sat at the fountain of Beacon, she had already been there a day or so. Yet she still wasn't sure where everything was. At least se knew where the dorms and the cafeteria was. As she sat there, she saw another Fanuas walk into a boy and fall down, then another boy stepped on her tail on purpose. The bully who stepped on the other girls tail walked towards Silver. Which gave her a idea, as the boy grew close, she stuck a leg out as she did a fake yawn and tripped the much larger boy.

This made her laugh softly, the boy getting up and getting angry. "Hey! What the hell are you thinking!?" He yelled rather angrily. Silver just smirked a bit, leaning down a bit towards the boy. "I'm just playing, but unless you want to fight. I would stay down." She says, before standing back up straight. The boy quickly getting up "hey! Come back here now, I'm not done talking with you." He said, Silver sighed and then turned around, as she turned around she pulled her weapon from her back. It folded out till was her shot gun. The boys eyes went wide, and he slowly backed up. "Oh.. Umm never mind!" He said, then took off.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 am 

Ventus wandered without a real aim, mapping out the academy on his own while taking in the sights and sounds. Beacon had been his second choice after Haven, and he wouldn't have found himself disappointed if he'd ended up here instead. After a considerable amount of time weaving about the grounds, Ventus caught the scent of food wafting on the wind. His squirrel tail perked up in response and he grinned as he marched along the trail of the smell, passing by a fountain.

Ventus saw something rude out of the corner of his eye. Someone deliberately stepped on a girl's tail, and he cringed while clinging to his own. Oh that would have been painful. He walked up to the grey haired wolf girl that drew her weapon, and put a hand on her shoulder.
"That's probably not a good idea. If a teacher saw this they'd probably be on his side. You don't want to get in trouble over a worthless person like that, right?" he said casually, hoping this girl wasn't like Azure, who he had not seen since they got here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:53 pm 

Beacon Academy. Azure had no idea what to expect upon hearing that the location of the Vytal Festival would be all the way in Vale. She knew that Indigo went to primary school in the kingdom, but that summed up her knowledge on the area. It was a lot…bigger…than she expected. Of course, when you’re as small as she is, that doesn’t say much. Haven seemed pretty big to her the first time she walked through its doors too. It was the sort of casual observation that would go unsaid, for no beneficial conversation could come from that sort of discussion, especially among her much-taller teammates.

The pixie-girl stifled a laugh as she snuck along, keeping to the shadows within the crowds as she followed her squirrel-tailed companion. She was half expecting him to notice her, but he didn’t seem to suspect a thing. Finding her perfect opportunity, she took advantage of his distraction to slide in behind him and tug gently on his tail. “Caught ya!” she laughed, twirling away before he could retaliate. It was a dangerous game, playing with Ventus’ tail. Dangerous, yet incredibly amusing. “Makin’ friends already, I see.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:22 am 

Somehow even positively lost as he was, Indigo managed to stride through the halls without a trace of hesitation. The teen was possessed of a boundless and somewhat reckless sense of adventure and he knew he'd find his way before too long. His silver eyes roved the hallways, taking in the sights. Somehow he didn't manage to run into a single other student. Until he did, literally. He took a step back, raising his hands apologetically and flashing his lopsided grin. He felt even worse as the faunus-girl he'd bumped into had her tail stomped by a passing jerkbag. He caught her glaring at the guy who did it and wondered if he bullied her often. She apologized and asked if he was there for the Vytal festival but Indigo was momentarily distracted. He was about to call the guy out when another student approached them. One who apparently knew the Faunus he'd bumped into. So Rose was her name? Seemingly just then noticing Indigo the boy asked him if he was in town for the Vytal festival.

Indigo smirked, 101 bad jokes and smart alec remarks running through his mind. Instead he decided to answer honestly. "To answer both of you, I'm visiting from Haven for the Vytal Festival and to compete in the tournament. Sorry, I didn't mean to run into you, Rose was it? Truth is I was trying to find the foreign students dorms and got lost. I'm Indigo, Nice to meet you both." He still wanted to call that guy out, Faunus had enough trouble without small-minded humans literally stepping on them. People like that just gave groups like the White Fang more fuel to fire their hatred.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:31 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

"Yeah, I'm alright Lether... Don't worry about it." Rose smiled as she brushed off the rude action of stomping on her tail. It had hurt yes, but it wasn't worth getting in trouble fighting the jerk because of it. She turned to the boy named Indigo and smiled, also blushing softly as he looked at her. When he said that he was lost, her eyes widened as she smiled and looked at him. "I can show you where they are if you would like?" She held her smile as she looked up at him, pink eyes hopeful that he would agree. She then turned to Lether. "I'm going to bring him to the foreign dorms. We'll meet you at the cafeteria. Okay?" Rose more told Lether than asked. The truth was, she wanted to help Indigo but also try and learn more about him. He was interesting, especially his eyes.

Now that was interesting indeed...

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 am 

Lether smiled and nodded. "Sure thing!" he said. He turned to Indigo, and took off his hat and did a flamboyant bow. "A pleasure to meet you, Indigo." He put his hat back on, and walked off towards the cafeteria. "See you two later!" he called over his shoulder as he walked.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:21 pm 

2nd Year (1)

Silver put her weapon away before she turned towards the boy who had came over to stop her from doing anything. She looked him up and down, before shrugging softly. "I'm sure the teachers wouldn't care to much. If a fight happens I'm sure they would either stop it or let it continue till one of us was called the victor. Besides, I'm sure he would have what's coming to him." She said, before stepping away from the boy.

She realized that the boy was not wearing a Beacon uniform, and since she didn't have a clue who he was, she assumed he was from one of the other two schools.

"I'll tell you one thing my friend, you shouldn't get in the way of a wolf when she is having her fun. You might just get you throat ripped out." She said, before giving him a wink. Silver then walked off towards cafeteria to get some lunch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:51 pm 

Ventus felt his heart beat soar, and the instinct to settle into a combat stance gripped him. Where he came from, those kinds of words weren't something lightly said. Those were words that resulted in death. He stared at her back as she sauntered off and relaxed, shaking his head. Is this what he was to expect from the people at Beacon? Not a great first impression. He absentmindedly brushed his left hand against the inactive form of his weapon at his left hip. It was just a rectangle of white metal at the moment, a compact piece of steel that all of his goals rested on. He'd rather it not be sullied with the blood of a fellow huntress.

Suddenly, he felt a soft yank on his tail. His mind still recovering from flight or fight mode, he overreacted. Ventus jumped, hissed, and whirled around, searching for the crazy person that was committing the ultimate sin. Of course it would be her. The petite girl in blue. Without hesitation, Ventus pounced. However, it was a feint, and as expected, Azure danced away in response, an evasive move that would have had the faunus face first on the ground. The two tangoed for a brief moment, flitting about on light feet as they played mind games, trying to psyche the other out. Finally, Ventus found his opening and tackled the pixie-girl.

"Damn it Azure! I've told you at least 10 times, pet don't tug!" Ventus said in an annoyed voice at the short girl he had pinned to the ground. He had never met someone so...mischievous in his life. Her pranks were harmless, but they sure tugged at the nerves. As he let out a sigh, Ventus suddenly realized the situation he was in. In a public place full of strangers he had a girl in his arms on the ground, their faces barely a foot away. He quickly got to his feet and offered her his unarmored hand.

"I don't think I like that women. Well, whatever. Want to get something to eat?"

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:21 pm 

Azure frowned. She didn’t really understand exactly what she walked in on, but it seemed to be something less than friendly. She wasn’t completely sure if the wolf-eared girl was actually trying to threaten Ventus, or if she was just a little rude by nature, but she turned and walked away, so at least there wasn’t going to be any serious issues. It was too early for them to get into a fight, anyway. They just got here! Leave it to their stubborn leader to find his way into a combat situation not ten minutes after arriving. Of course, if she knew the stranger was going to come off so hostile, she probably wouldn’t have instigated a fight of her own.

Azure really shouldn’t have been surprise when Ventus launched himself at her. She weaved and bobbed as best she could, refusing to let him get a grip, while still keeping her feet firmly on the ground. It was no fun if they didn’t both play fair, after all. She dipped and dodged, but the other found a small gap and took advantage of it, pinning her to the ground beneath him. She looked up in him, taken aback by her sudden change of position. She wasn’t expecting him to actually get the upper hand. She was about to push him off, try to flip the situation, when she realized exactly how it would look to others.

A faint blush on her cheeks, Azure took the offered hand, using it to bounce herself a good two feet into the air before landing firmly on her feet. ”Aw C’mon, Squirrel-boy!” she grumbled. She dusted off her dress, smoothing out the wrinkles. ”Where’s the fun in that?” she attempted to brush off the slightly awkward feeling that hung around by bringing in a joking attitude. ”Yeah, I’m not sure I like her either. Though her bark's probably worse than her bite.” it was a terrible pun, hardly even enough to be considered one, but what could she say. She was a little distracted.

”Food sounds like a plan. Not sure where Indigo and Nero are, but they’ve got to eat eventually too, right?” she nodded before spinning in a circle. ”…..uhhhhh….” she pulled out her map, turning it every which way in a futile attempt to figure out where they were. ”THIS WAY!” she pointed confidently, just hoping she was right.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 pm 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

Drake took a deep breathe in and emerged from the elevator. His psychiatrist had objected heavily to them trying this again but ultimately the decision rested with Ozpin and he had said it was worth the risk. It was a shock to say the least to emerge from his isolation straight into the packed hall ways. He gripped Earth and Sky heavily. Drake wouldn’t draw them, he’d learned that his first instinct to attack was beaten into him and tried to fight it. With one last deep breathe he pushed his way into the corridor and started moving through it. He was doing fine until he saw an Atlas uniform.

Flash back
Adam had the whip in his hand and brought it down hard. “Atlas is the enemy say it with me.” He refused to at first and the whip soon connected again. “You can stop the pain just say it.”
“At…Atlas is the Enemy.”

After that he was back in reality and he quickly turned from the Atlas student and started heading outside. At first he was just walking when some idiot bumped into him Drake freaked. He growled before kicking into a run. As he did he got his tail tangled with another one.
“I’m sorry!” Drake spoke quickly working to untangle it before the beating he was expecting came. When it didn’t he freaked completely. Having gotten so used to being beaten every time he did something wrong he hated it when it didn’t happen. To try and comfort himself he reached down to the ground and tried to feel the earth beneath it but the building prevented that. “Please I’m sorry."
He instinctivly offered his back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 am 

Indigo looked from Rose to Lether to back again. He was glad the first people he met were actually friendly. He hoped they were strong too, maybe they'd even end up facing each other in the combat tournament. At the moment though he was just grateful Rose was willing to show him to where he'd be staying. Indigo loved adventure but staying in a foreign school was a bit different from camping on a mission. She seemed pretty cool too, hopefully he'd made some new friends.

He waved farewell to Lether with a grin before turning back to Rose. "So after you?" he winked before laughing. After all he had no clue where he was going. "Food doesn't sound like a terrible idea. If you're headed to the cafeteria after, would you mind if I tagged along?" His stomach supported his inquiry. He hoped she wouldn't mind, after all she'd been more than helpful so far. He was excited to be here the Vytal festival was in a few weeks. There'd be parades and even a dance, not to mention the joint classes. He was really looking forward to the chance to mingle with the other students and learn how things were done in the other Kingdoms. He'd hit a dead end in his own investigations and though he'd initially resisted the Vytal festival provided a chance for him to relax and enjoy himself.

The only thing close to a hint that he had lead him here to Vale anyway. So he'd keep an ear out and if he found a lead he'd follow it. The combat tournament was coming up too. His team was counting on his to give his all, he owed that much to his friends. Speaking of his friends, he wondered where they'd ended up. Maybe he'd meet up with them at the dorm? Or knowing Ventus there was a good chance he'd find them when he and Rose made their way to the cafeteria, assuming that she'd take him of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Rose waved Lether goodbye before turning back to Indigo. When he winked at her, her face immediately turned red. She opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it because of how flustered she had been. She had thought he was attractive but she didn't know if he was serious with flirting or not. For now she just blushed and said nothing like an idiot, she made a mental note to beat up her pillow later.

Not long had passed after they had bumped into each other when she had successfully lead him to the visitors dormitory. She smiled at him as she had helped him find his room as well. "Well. Here we are. If you would like to go get some food now, you can tag along with Lether and I." She hoped that he would agree to go with her. She would be upset if he said no, but she would understand if he wanted to go eat with his team. But still... She would be upset if he declined her offer.

Rose looked up at Indigo, her pink eyes staring into his, almost pleading him to come with her. She knew that they had just met, but she could feel a connection between them.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 am 

2nd Year (1)

Silver wasn't really looking where she was going when she had bumped into someone, yet before she could say anything the boy she bumped into took off running, yet that didn't do any good as his tail got cought around her own. He tugged pretty hard on it, which made her let out a yelp of pain. Yet as she turned to face the boy and give him hell, he said sorry and started to untangle there tails, or at least try. She noted that he seemed to be very navies, he even laid on the ground almost begged her to forgive him.

Silver got don't onto her knees and untangled her tail from the other. She then lightly placed a hand on his back. "Hey, don't worry about it. **** happens, just be careful next time. It might be someone worse then a wolf next time." She smirked a bit, before standing up and stretching out a bit. " I'm Silver by the way, I'm from Shade Academy."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:13 am 

The embarrassed look on Azure's face confirmed to Ventus the situation had indeed, been awkward. A light smile played on his lips watching her turn about with map in hand. She was certainly the most energetic member of team VANI. While many would say she was an airhead, Ventus was of the opinion that she was simply the type that acted first, thought later. Even now, she was eager to be off rather than fully take the time to study her map. Ventus let out a chuckle as he gentle grabbed her shoulders from behind and turned her towards the opposite direction of where she was going.

"Try this way, Pixie-girl. Can't you smell the food?"

And so they made their way towards the cafeteria, winding through the legions of huntresses and hunters from all over. The colorful parade of various weapons and outfits was a sight to behold, inspiring even. Yes, so many tactics, ideas, styles, and mindsets coming together to fight the creatures of Grimm was simply inspiring. Ventus adjusted a strap on his gauntlet and flexed his fingers, soothed by the sound of clinking metal. They could win this war, the light would beat back the dark for sure. But for now, there was a tournament to win, fun to be had, and food to eat!

Ventus pushed open the cafeteria door and held it for Azure. They got their food from the surprisingly short line and found a table that was empty before taking their seats. Ventus had a slice of pizza, a burger, and some fries. They didn't have this kind of food where he came from, and he took every opportunity he could get to eat it. "Are you ready for this tournament?" He asked Azure offhandedly, already knowing the answer.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:08 pm 

Azure flipped the map over a full 180 before folding it up decisively. "I knew that." she stated matter-of-factly. "Just wanted to make sure our wise leader was paying attention." How she managed to get through that entire thing without bursting into laughter, she had no idea. But she did. She managed to stomp off for a few steps, holding her head far too high, acting all tough, before breaking into a huge grin.

She slowed her steps slightly so she could walk beside Ventus as they made their way through the maze of a school to the cafeteria. "Why thank you!" she gave a dramatic bow as she stepped through the door. There were people from every school scattered about Beacon, giving it a rather interesting feel to it. She spotted a few familiar faces among the crowd, though nobody she felt the overwhelming desire to go bother at the time. There was plenty of time for that later.

Azure picked up a salad, fully prepared with some sort of shredded chicken-looking substance, and an apple. She set it down on the empty table before nodding. "Ready?! I was BORN ready!" she spun, feet leaving the ground as she basically did a slow motion fall into the seat. "Team VANI is gonna win it all!" she nodded emphatically. "...as long as Indigo doesn't end up spending the entire time being harassed by females from every other school." her eyes narrowed, scanning the room quickly. Having found no sign of her teammate, she humphed. "Though I'd guess it's too late for that."

The Pixie-girl didn't have any sort of claim over whether or not her teammates could talk with other students, nor would she find herself in any sort of position to care about whether or not they dated. She did, however, hate the idea of her team spending their time with other people. They were HER team. And a Huntsman-in-training should be loyal to their team above all. Besides, that wasn't what they were here for. They were here to win. Anything else would just be a distraction.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:41 am 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

“My name’s between and the walls,” Drake spoke rising to his feet and pulling his hood back over his head. Now he knew a beating wasn’t coming Drake’s defences kicked in. He stared at the girl, looking her over. He observed her casually, his hand instinctively moving his hair to cover the scaring. “Why do you care?” He asked. Drake still wasn’t comfortable in this crowd at all. “And prehapse you need to watch where you’re going.” His tone was aggressive but that was a lie. Those who knew fox faunas behaviour would be able to tell that. His ears were on alert, scanning for threats. Where as if it had been true aggression they would have been pressed against his head. His fists were clamped tightly around Earth and Sky, but his tail was firmly between his legs. Drake didn’t like being in the crowded halls, hated it even. Thus he was trying to appear tougher than he was. Yes he could handle himself in a fight, thanks to his up bringing he was probably more than a match for most second years. However, his emotional state often got the better of him before that conditioning kicked in.

Part of him screamed for him to trust this girl, he could hear the voices of both his psychiatrist and Ozpin telling him to make friends. But that voice was over powered by the voice of Adam telling him to trust only Adam, the scars on his back burning as if they too were remembering. He turned away but before he could fully turn his better sense got better. “Sorry, that was rude of me, I don’t like crowds and just want to get the hell outside.” He wasn’t happy about divulging even that much but didn’t exactly want a fight his first day out of the ward. thus he did what he could to fix his second blunder in thirty seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 am 

Indigo couldn't help thinking that Rose was cute when she blushed. Did he make her do that? Or did she have a thing for Lether? He figured it was probably the latter, after all she'd just met him.

Indigo took note of the direction he was being lead in,wanting to ensure he'd be able to find it a second time. As a result the walk passed in relative silence. He wondered how Rose fought, maybe they'd get to square off in the tournament. Assuming her team would compete. Indigo occasionally had a one-track mind and that track was almost always his goal of becoming a skilled Huntsman. Unfortunately, or not depending on one's perspective, Indigo was an adventurous soul and liked to have fun. Maybe a little too much sometimes. Thankfully his team kept him in line. It hadn't been easy to trust them, to let himself rely on other people but he genuinely believed that he was better for it. He knew they could rely on him too and saw the hope that inspired. He didn't want to let them down. Indigo was part of something bigger than himself now.

Thankfully the directions to the visitor's dorms were fairly simple, leaving Indigo with no doubt he'd be able to find the place again. He and Rose arrived there quickly. Apparently remembering his earlier comment, Rose extended the invitation to lunch. His silver eyes locked on to her pink-hued ones. Gaze lingering, almost smoldering... Her gaze almost pleading. Then he blinked a wide grin on his face. Had he completely missed the moment? Either way he liked Rose she seemed cool and was friendly. He had no qualms about getting to know her better. "I'm starving, lead the way." Maybe they'd run into the rest of her team too.

They made their way to the cafeteria, Indigo occasionally asking questions about the layout of the school, hoping to avoid getting lost again. Of course failing that just meant he'd get another chance at an "adventure." The cafeteria was packed with students but Indigo quickly spotted a familiar bushy tail. "Hey, let me introduce you to my team? they're pretty cool." He smiled at Rose and lead the way to where Ventus and Azure were sitting. He walked up just in time to hear the tail end of their conversation, something about him being harassed by ladies? He glanced at Roes and chuckled, she was doing the opposite of harassing him. "I think you have me mistaken for Neptune. He said as he approached. "Hey guys, this is Rose. She helped me find the dorms. Rose, this is Ventus and Azure. our other teammate Nero, is... Somewhere?" He scratched his head, looking around, then shrugged. He was too hungry to worry about it at the moment.

Last edited by Poise&Poison on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.