All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Realm of the Dragons
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:32 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Since you are already flying around. Go to the Earth Tribe and get me a bottle of the best liquor. Don't let yourself get pulled over the table though. It can not cost more than this." Satoshi placed a small bundle on the table. "So go to Daiki's place for it. But be careful he doesn't like visitors that much, especially if they trample on his garden." Satoshi let one of his slightly wicked smiles show again. "You have a total of two weeks to complete this." This timespan was at least triple the amount that would be needed for this. This would give Arete enough time to get better before leaving. "If you like that sort of tea then you can take this for yourself." Satoshi placed one last small bundle on the table. All bundles looked different so that it would not be possible to confuse them. Satoshi leaned back and drank some of his tea, it was a different flavour from the one Arete was drinking. "Once you have finished drinking that, you are free to go or to stay for a while and rest up a bit. Greet your old friends or something like that." The last was not an order, Arete could choose for herself what to do. By now she sould know that therw had been a place for her to sleep prepared in case she wanted it. She was free to do whatever she wanted as long as she completed the given mission within the given two weeks and then reported back to Satoshi.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

Arete sipped the last dregs of tea, then packed up the various bundles into her satchel, carefully. She pointedly left the medicine bundle on the table, walking towards the end of the hall. She silently leaned on her walking stick, then looked back. Her eyes filled with pain. "I'm not worth the effort to take care of, Satoshi," she whispered softly, then silently stepped away from his place and began walking towards the Water Tribe's lands. It wasn't like she had any friends to visit anyways. Honestly, she'd begun to wonder why her tribe even bothered to take care of her. Shivering slightly, she continued to limp towards Water tribe, her satchel feeling heavy and tiresome. Yawning again, she looked back and smiled softly. At least, Satoshi was nice to her. Even if she didn't always take it well. She thought about making a cup of tea at home, then shrugged and continued towards Water Tribe and Yoshito.

A few days later, Arete had finished the long walk to the ocean. She set her bag on the shore, then dove in and began swimming down, ignoring the pain filling her arms and shoulders. It took her a while to find the bundle, wrapped in seaweed. It was, luckily, still dry on the inside, she noted, upon reaching the shores. Arete carefully wrapped it in cloth and set it in her satchel then waited patiently on the banks for Yoshito, her head spinning. She gave a slightly defeated sigh.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:19 am 

When Arete had left, Satoshi sighed. Really now, this girl won't even take some tea from her alpha? Soji came in. "Arete has left," he reported. "Should we send someone to follow her?" Satoshi waved this notion away. "Just leave her. I gave her two weeks. She should just stop pushing herself and rest for a while." He looked at Arete's empty cup. At least she had drunk the medicine, this should prevent her from breaking down anywhere soon. Satoshi yawned. "I think I will fly around for a bit." Unexpectedly Soji stopped him. "Don't try to escape big brother. You know that the fairies are at it again. We need to to settle this."

Yoshito was busy with his own business. He had already received a message that Arete would come find him soon, but he didn't expect her to show up soon. So he let her unintentionally wait while he was clearing up a dispute between the mermaids about who had the best singing voice.

Mizuki was off somewhere again enjoying some peaceful calmness.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:02 pm 

Arete silently lay back on the sand, sighing tiredly. She sorely wished she'd taken Satoshi's tea now. Her head was aching and she really wanted something to drink, or eat. The young dragon looked in her satchel, then remembered the bundle she'd tossed over her head. Yeah, so it was the medicine that she'd been trying rather stubbornly to avoid, but it was also hot and warm and would make her feel better just because it was tea. With a slight sigh, she started a fire, collecting sticks and such with her wind magic, then lighting it with some flint. Soon she had a small fire going and she made some tea and cooked a fish to eat later. Arete gently tied back her blonde hair and silently thanked her Alpha for being so persistent. She drank the tea quietly, continuing to wait for Yoshito.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:34 pm 

Satoshi was just back from settling the fairy dispute again. Usually he was a little grumpy from such a task but this time he had his little wicked smile on his face. Soji looked at this with some mistrust. "Did something happen?" he asked while wondering if he really wanted to know.
Satoshi shook his head and whitout losing his little wicked smile he only said one sentence. "I just suddenly have a great craving for tea." Soji immidiately ordered someone to make tea.

Yoshito had already noticed that Arete had arrived, but he just didn't have any time. She would have to wait at least one more day. When was he ever going to run out of things to do? By now it had been about three days since Arete had left the place of the Air tribe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm 

Arete silently got to her feet, deciding to get to the Water Tribe mission last. She wrapped up her things and silently began limping towards Fire Tribe. That was a simple delivery. She calmly asked, "Can you please take these to the Fire Tribe Alpha?" The man nodded, adding an "Of course, sweetheart. See ya later." He began to walk away to deliver the package. Arete looked scared and shaken. She quickly walked away from the place. Towards the beginning of the next day, she'd limped back to Water Tribe. The girl sat down with an exhausted sigh and shivered. She trembled, then gave a tired sigh. Hopefully, Yoshito would come soon. She was exhausted and wanted this over with. Still, she took a deep breath to stay calm. "Apologize for the littering and ask Yoshito to deliver this package to the Alpha of the Water Tribe," she murmured, turning away from the water. Her head was throbbing still and a tear trickled down her cheek. Maybe she could talk to Satoshi in a little while. If she wasn't completely broken and stressed after the last two weeks, she decided. Arete silently watched the sun rise and waited for Yoshito.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:56 pm 

A while after sunrise Yoshite could finally make some time to deal with Arete. He honestly didn't want to because he found the alpha of the Air tribe a pain to deal with. He rose from the water without making a sound. With the cool water dripping from his body he walked up to the female Air Dragon. He didn't expect much, but she had better be honest about everything. Contrary to Mizuki, the Water Tribe's Alpha, he was rather strict. Disregarding their different tribes, Yoshito was above Arete in ranks. He wondered if she would show him the due respect. However, since Satoshi had sent her.... He didn't hope for much. Satoshi was a good dragon, even Yoshito had to admit that. And the Water tribe and the Air tribe were on good terms with each other too. "What is it that you seek here, Air Dragon?" he asked in a polite voice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:08 pm 

Arete tiredly got to her feet. She gave Yoshito a polite bow. "The Alpha of the Air Tribe sent me to apologize for the recent littering in your tribe's lands," she said, speaking respectfully. "I was also instructed to ask that you take this to the Alpha of the Water Tribe," she added, with a polite and calm tone, passing him one of the bundles in her satchel. She gently kept her head bowed and quietly waited. She knew she was of lower rank. Hell, she was of lower rank to nearly every dragon she came across. Despite her strong air magic and careful control, she'd never forgiven herself for the incident that she'd been nearly shunned for. Her father had captured her, used her, even tried to take over their tribe. The girl trembled softly, remembering that she was standing in front of someone. She prayed that she'd been respectful enough and he would let her go soon. If it hadn't been Satoshi asking, she would have just said no. Still, she felt guilty for the actions of her dead father so she did her best to be kind to Satoshi when she was able to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:14 pm 

"Oh finally an Air Dragon with good upbringing," Yoshito carelessly commented. He took the bundle and opened it. Inside was a small mirror set in silver. He wrapped it up again. "There is no need to bow, I am not an alpha," he said to the tense dragon. "Was there any message to accompany this present?"

Mizuki was actually just below the water surface. Neither Yoshito nor Arete could see him there because the morning sun reflected on the water surface. The truth was that he was eavesdropping. Yoshito had promised to make him breakfast, yet he had swam off. So, in his mind, Mizuki was in the right for listening in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:22 pm 

Arete bit her lip, then gave a tiny nod again. "I apologize for that," she whispered, not saying anything to his careless comment. She remembered her father and bit her lip hard to hold back tears. She slowly shook her head no. "I wasn't... wasn't given a message," she whispered, silently staring into the sand. She silently tightened her hand, almost trembling. "With all due respect, Water Dragon Yoshito, may I please be excused or do you have further need of me?" she asked, trying not to shake. She hated being around most other people. It was honestly a wonder that she could manage to be in the same room with Satoshi without breaking down into a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:33 pm 

"Yeah it's fine," Yoshito said. He guessed that Mizuki knew what the present meant. "Don't throw away garbage in our territory again, it is you alpha that has to bear the consequences." Yoshito couldn't help lecturing the Air Dragon even though she had apologized enough already. "Well then take care." He dove into the water again.
Beneath the surface he encountered Mizuki. He looked a little displeased. Although Yoshito was probably the only dragon that could see different expressions on Mizuki's face. He handed him the present. "This was given to you from the alpha of the Air Tribe," he said. "Why did he give you a mirror?" Mizukii silently accepted the mirror. "It was a 'thank you' for fishing up that dragon a while back." Mizuki looked directly at Yoshito. "Breakfast."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm 

Arete bit back the tears in her eyes, silently limping away from the shore after she'd finished. She bit her lip hard then began walking towards Earth tribe. That journey took a lot longer, nearly three days. She'd even flown for some of it. Finally, an exhausted Arete stumbled into the city. Vindi made sure she was safe then asked that she be respectful and not cause disruption. The air dragon readily agreed and silently skirted towards Daik'i's home, her entire figure trembling from the amount of people there. She turned invisible by accident, as an attempt to escape the chaos and a few dragons stared. Feeling rather embarrassed and her head still pounding, she stopped outside of the Earth Dragon's garden and politely attempted to call, "Is anyone home? I don't want to upset your garden."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:49 pm 

Daiki "appeared" next to Arete. "You are already in my garden," he said in a neutral tone. "But I appreciate the effort." Didn't sound like he did at all. "What order are you here for?" Lately everyone wanted to have his liquor. It was so busy. Daiki didn't care for this trembling female at all. Either she had already and order placed or she could just leave for all he cared. At least she hadn't stepped on anything important. All these orders. His alpha was the worst of all. Unsatiable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:54 pm 

Arete stepped back slowly, her entire form shaking. She began to speak. "The Alpha of the Wind Dragon would like a bottle of your finest brew. He gave me this to compensate you," she added, taking a bundle from her satchel and passing it to the man in front of her. She honestly wanted to fly as fast and far away as possible but she forced herself to remain still. "I apologize for the intrusion as well," she added in quiet tones. Yeah. She'd drop this bottle off, say a quick hello to Satoshi, then hide in her house from all those badgering medics for a very very long time. Maybe a good two months.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:03 pm 

Daiki took the little bundle and looked inside. It was a golden ring with a jewel attached to it. "It's not enough," he said after a short look at it. If this woman got send by the alpha of the Air Dragons then she must be an Air Dragon too. The Alpha of the Air Dragons was... Satoshi. That unpleasant guy. He always tried to haggle the price down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm 

Arete took a breath, beyond exhausted. Her wings were sagging. She silently frowned, then pulled a tiny pearl from her pocket and held it out. It was untarnished, perfect, and an unusually soft peach and pink. "I'll put this in two. That makes this enough for two bottles," she replied tacitly, her head pounding. "Just, if you don't mind, be quick. I've already got what you need and a bit more. SO relax, get the bottles, and I'll be out of your hair," she offered.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:36 am 

Daiki didn't say anything. He carefully examined the offered pearl. "Together with the previous offering this would be enough for one bottle," he concluded. He put the pearl in the bundle with the ring. With his long sharp and clawlike fingernails he held out the bundle to the Air Dragon. "So, relax, take my offer and get out of my hair," he calmly said back with a hint of sarcasm. He had not actually said anything mean and even his tone of voice was calm, but still, a lot of dragons have already been driven to an angry fit trying to talk to Daiki. Those dragons obviously didn't manage to buy anything and most of them got thrown out of his garden quite violently.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:44 pm 

Arete silently looked back, not impressed. She took the bundle back easily. "I'm not going to get cheated by you. Your liquor isn't that good and we both know it. If I have to, I'll stay here all night." She silently replaced the package, with the pearl inside it, back into her satchel then stubbornly folded her arms and watched Daiki. "I'm sure you'll make a fair offer..." With that, the Air Dragon silently stretched her wings a few centimeters, then went back to politely waiting. She didn't seem to care about how obnoxious he was being or the ridiculousness of his offer. Her head pounded with a headache and she did her best to ignore it, feeling sick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:50 am 

Daiki smiled. "If the best is not good enough then you are free to leave," he calmly explained. "If you are going to stay then at least stay out of my garden." With that said he turned around wanting to leave. To him it seemed like the female Air dragon did not want a deal anymore. She was not very good at dealing it appeared. Other Earth dragons may give her two bottles of their liquor for that, but the quality was not up to par with his.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:55 am 

Arete frowned at him, then gave an exasperated sigh. She silently took a few steps back then settled down and began shivering. Why did Satoshi have to make her deal with this one? The pearl was one of the most valuable things she'd owned and she really didn't want to deal with this anymore. Sighing, she called, "I can toss in another pearl of equal quality, if you get me those two bottles.... Would that be of sufficient value?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next