All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

=The Death Room=

Stein puffed on his cigarette as he worked on a machine which seemed to be whirring and emitting strange light. "Almost theeere..." He smiled creepily as he typed in some commands on his computer.

Lord Death had gathered the Spartoi team members of Black*Star & Tsubaki, Maka and Soul-Eater Evans, and Death the Kid & Liz and Patty.

"I have called you all here because-"

A loud beeping began to sound from Stein's weird machine. "Stein! Could you keep it down?" Lord Death asked.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Spirit asked Death.

"Positive! What could go wrong with peeking into another dimension?" Lord Death asked cheerfully.

Maka sweatdropped, "Why are you wanting us here again?"

"In case anything goes wrong and something bad comes through the portal!" Lord Death said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Suddenly a large portal appeared in the room, it showed something...

A young boy with dark hair watching his parents be gunned down by a mugger in an alley.

The boy, now a young man, departing for a journey where he learned every fighting style, science and deduction method known to man. Black*Star would notice the man was trained by ninjas at one point!

Maka was transfixed, as well as the others.

"I know the rage that drives you, Bruce. That impossible anger strangling the grief." One of the man's masters said sagely.

The man came home and attempted some sort of vigilantism, he failed and lay bleeding in a lounge chair as he talked deliriously to a bust of his dead father:

"Twelve years. And the ache is still fresh. Like a raw angry nerve. But this isn't about healing. I'm not looking for closure."

"I've tried to be patient. I've tried to wait. But I have to know. How, Father? How do I do it? What do I use to make them afraid? If I ring the bell, Alfred will come. Another of your gifts, Father. But I'd rather die than wait another hour. I've already waited 18 years. Eighteen years since all sense left my life."

The scene changed to show the man dressed in a rather frightening costume with bat ears and a cape. He was shown frightening criminals who thought he was some sort of inhuman monster, brutally interrogating thugs for information, and above all fighting entire groups of criminals, no matter if they held a gun or a pipe, and subduing them efficiently and with extremely crazy skill. He used a grappling hook and some sort of throwable bat-shaped weapon to assist him.

He was shown doing things like leaping on top of speeding cars and punching his fist through the window and yanking people out to throw them easily. He also was shown working with a ginger haired and mustached police Commissioner named Jim Gordon under the identity of a vigilante known as 'the Batman'.

"This reminds me of those comic books I've seen you reading, Black*Star." Maka commented.

"Wait, something's going wrong here." Stein said from his chair at the computer linked up to the machine.

"MAKA PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" Spirit shouted as he was seen smashing the side of the large whirring machine.

"YOU IDIOT!" Death gave Spirit a headsplitting Reaper Chop. But it was too late, the damage had been done.

The machine began to smoke and spit out large beams of light that went in all directions before it exploded itself.

Sid burst into the death room and ran towards the explosion, "What the hell's happened!? There's portals flying all through the sky and I hear this explosion-"

As the smoke cleared to reveal everyone was alright, there was ONE difference from before...

A tall muscular figure wearing an outfit with a bat-logo on his chest, and a dark pointed cowl with a long cape and wearing a utility belt stood in their midst.

The vigilante from the window that the machine made.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:11 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Admittedly, the beeping wasn't the only thing that irritated Death the Kid about the machine that Stein had been working with. The fact that he was smoking was always a problem. First of all he held the cigarette to one end of his mouth, and secondly the smell was annoying. While Death the Kid probably could never have felt any ill effects from the compounds in the smoke due to whom he was, the odor was still displeasing.

Something else entirely was irritating to Soul Eater, and that was the fact that Lord Death actually thought this whole mad thing was a good idea. It sounded so totally not cool to him. Opening a portal to another dimension was a good way to rip through the actual fabric of the space-time continuum.

That didn't sound cool to Soul Eater one bit.

Eventually Soul Eater looked toward Maka. In spite of the fact that he had certainly matured in many ways, he still had a healthy amount of drool slipping down one side of his mouth that he had to ultimately slurp up before he could talk to her.

"Doesn't it sound like it wouldn't be cool to drag someone from another place? They might be doing something."

Death the Kid was sort of thinking of the same thing, though he didn't make a remark about it out loud. Someone who was in that other dimension might have been admiring a perfectly formed sculpture in an art gallery or perhaps they were at the skateboard park executing a flawless 180-degree fakie into a hand grab. If he were doing any of these things, then he certainly wouldn't have wanted to fall through an inter-dimensional portal and end up in some parallel universe.

Well, regardless it looked like it was too late for any of these complaints anyway. With wide eyes they all watched the action going on, and soon enough Soul Eater decided to chime in with his own commentary on the situation. "Man, this dude seems like the coolest guy ever. He's a cucumber under the toughest of situations!"

That was, of course, before his Meister's father decided to ruin the entire day. Perhaps, though, it wasn't ruined. The guy that Soul Eater had thought was the coolest ever had indeed shown up, and this time in person.

Turning around, Death the Kid looked to his father after noticing the sudden appearance that had decided to join them. "Uhh, dad, if that bat-eared man is supposed to protect wherever he came from, is that place of origin going to erupt and become a cesspool of violence all over again?"

Admittedly, something inside of him wanted to head off to adventure in wherever that was, but he realized that what he had wanted wasn't ultimately good, per say.

Over time Soul Eater started to drool again, which would have been slurped up once more had Maka perhaps noted to him that he was doing it, as that was certainly a habit that he had tried hard to break and just found impossible to do so. For what it was worth, he wasn't the only person doing it.

Apparently the sun had decided to drool as well. Death the Kid didn't mind so much, even if the drool only came out of one side of the sun's mouth, as that meant it would shut up his annoying laughter. The sun could make more noise than Stein's machinery when it got going.

"Maybe I should go introduce myself, father. I am supposed to be a representative of the family after all, and of course I'm the sharpest dresser here." For a moment he had made sure to straighten out his outfit, just to be sure that what he had said was true. From what they had seen, this bat-fellow was certainly a high society type and would have expected it.

Black*Star was most surprised by something that he had seen previously. "Did you notice those moves before? There's only one single way to get those kinds of moves. You have to be a ninja to get that kind of a move!" Tsubaki laughed gently for a moment and turned back to face her Meister. "Even if this other world is parallel to our own, you have to imagine of course that there are ninja there as well, perhaps more skilled than we will ever be even."

Soon enough a sweat drop elicited across her forehead as Black*Star started to go on a tirade about how he was, indeed, Black*Star and therefore no one else could have beat him. At this point, this kind of thing had become rather predictable and she had grown relatively used to it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostThis post was deleted by TehZach1993 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 am.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:37 pm 

Batman looked around at his strange surroundings, placing a hand on one of his gauntlets and projecting a hologram transmission from the communicator. "Diana, come in Diana!" He said as a static-ridden image of a woman appeared. "Bruce, you're breaking up...I don't know whats going on but we've all been teleported somewhere I'm not familiar with." The woman answered, she had a sword and shield on her back, and wore what appeared to be armor that showed her cleavage but more surprising was that she appeared to be wearing star-spangled underwear and her legs were fully exposed.

Maka blushed at the woman's apparent lack of modesty in the hologram, "I hope she's not another Blair." She muttered.

"Is Clark with you?" Batman asked.

"No."

"What about Barry?" Batman asked again.

"No." Wonder Woman answered.

"Clark and Hal?" Batman asked in a frustrated manner.

"No and No. Where are you?" Diana asked. Batman looked over at the strange people around him and then back down to the hologram, "I'll have to get back to you on that."

Suddenly there was a red and gold blur that shot past the Spartoi group, the blur was revealed to be a man in a red costume with a lightning bolt symbol on his chest. "Yo, tall dark and brooding! Any idea where we are?" Flash said, addressing Batman.

"Why you're at Death Weapon Meister Academy in Death City, Nevada!" Lord Death said cheerfully, as if nothing was wrong.

"...."

".....The what?" Flash said, speaking up. The clicking of Stein turning his screw sounded before he spoke, "It's an academy for students to learn how to be soul-reapers..run by the Grim Reaper himself...Lord Death." Stein thumbed over to the cloaked figure wearing a silly mask balancing on a stem.

Batman frowned as Stein continued, "We've recently come to a peace between the DWMA and our former enemy: The Witches. Oh, and don't freak out if you go outside and the moon is pitch black...it's a long story."

Flash had zipped over to Stein, and begun examining the man's head from all angles...the screw embedded in there in particular.

"Uhh....dude are you Ok?" Flash asked.

"He appears to be, regardless of his injury." Batman stated.

"He's got a FRIGGIN' SCREW IN HIS HEAD!" Flash practically shouted back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 pm 

While Maka was blushing at the lack of modesty that Wonder Woman had shown him, Soul continued to drool. To some degree this was of course from his exposure to a woman who could be considered rather attractive. It was probably difficult for any man, not just Soul Eater, to control their urges in the face of this kind of an image. However, if Maka had for one moment thought that was he was perving out, he wasn't.

After all, he had been drooling even before the imagery started to play out amongst what they had seen in front of them.

Tsubaki cringed for a moment, and looked back toward Maka. "I would certainly hope that people in that other world have more self-respect than we've seen thus far."

Soon enough, however, it looked like all of their attention had turned to real figures and not to the images that they were watching before. This was all odd to say the very least. It was only not uncomfortable because of the fact that every single one of them could handle all the other adventures that they'd already been through.

Eventually Death the Kid looked up and decided to add something to what Stein was saying. "Additionally, you probably should note that the moon and sun in our world have personalities. I noticed that they did not in your world." He grinned for a moment, thinking of how much more perfectly symmetrical that solar disc would have been than the laughing drooling sun that they had in the world they all lived in.

Black*Star snapped back once the Flash was getting loud. If these people could get loud, then he had been obligated to show them that he could get every bit as loud in the end.

"Really now, haven't you seen anyone with a screw in their head before?!"

He hadn't taken kindly at all to any sort of suggestion that their school was weird. Then again, no one had actually come out and said that directly, but Black*Star had a tendency to actually be what one might have called proactive.

Soul Eater, meanwhile, was again looking over Batman. "Dude, that's a cool costume." Then again, to Soul everything tended to be cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:41 pm 

Batman blinked out the window at the large 'sun' that appeared to have a face. Stein smirked and held up a small scalpel towards Batman, "Cool? I'd use a different word for how deliciously dissect-able this one is."

"Jeez, he remind you of anybody?" Flash muttered.

Batman glared at Stein, "Professor Hugo Strange."

"We have a winner!" Flash sarcastically said. That was when there were screams heard from outside the school. The two costumed heroes looked out the large window, Lord Death looked into the mirror and Sid's eyes widened at what they saw.

An ENORMOUS pale-grey skinned zombie with dead-white eyes and huge bulging muscles. It was stomping around, smashing things and tossing people like ragdolls as it said a sort of rhyme.

"Solomon Grundy...born on a monday..."

"Christened on Tuesday..Married on Wednesday!"

"Grew ill on Thursday...Worse on Friday!"

"Died on Saturday...Buried on Sunday!"

"Huh. Ironic he'd show up here." Flash said.

"Why's that?" Batman asked.

"Uh..we're at a school for reapers...and he's a zombie....it's like....a pun or something." Flash shrugged.

"Well it's not funny." Batman smashed through the nearby window and leaped out into the open air to glide down towards the city where Grundy was wreaking havoc.

"Wouldn't have expected them to have zombies where they're from..and I'm NOT some sort of walking commentary on life and death!" Sid said, rather offended, at Flash.

"So..I noticed you basically have some sort of speed power..." Maka said casually.

"Yeah! It's pretty awesome!" Patty squealed. Liz nodded, "I have to say the same."

"Hehe, thanks...I'm Barry Allen aka the Flash. Not to brag but I've been known to run faster than the speed of sound and light...even able to time-travel." Flash said casually.

"Who was that lady wearing the star-spangled underwear?" Patty blurted out.

Flash chuckled, "That was Diana or Wonder Woman...she's an Amazon princess from Themyscira or Paradise Island...an island ruled exclusively by warrior women. She's also a demi-god born of Zeus having an affair with Queen Hippolyta."

"Wait...where you're from the Greek gods and all that are real?!" Maka said in disbelief.

In the mirror next to Lord Death, Batman landed on Solomon Grundy with both feet to the zombie's head, smashing the beast face-first into the street and cracking it.

Kilik and Ox were in the background, staring at the newcomer. "Who is that?" Ox demanded.

"I dunno, but he looks awesome." Kilik answered.

"Volantern!" Kim's voice sounded as she blasted the large downed zombie with a firey explosion from Jacqueline.

"That's my girl!" Ox shouted.

"I'm NOT your girl!" Kim shouted with a blush as the attack ended and she leaped back towards Kilik and Ox, just now noticing Batman. "Who are you? What's with the outfit?" Jacqueline's voice asked from the lantern weapon.

"Solomon....Grundy..." The huge zombie stood up and towered above them. "We've been throwing everything at this guy! What's wrong with him!?"

"He's Solomon Grundy, almost impossible to take down since he's already dead." Batman answered.

"Wait...you're familiar with this guy!?" Kim blurted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:22 am 

Honestly Soul Eater didn't think that Stein should have tried anything with Batman. He looked entirely too tough for that. It probably wasn't the best of ideas to go after him like that. Eventually, the aforementioned weapon sighed a bit and looked up toward his professor. "Uhh, maybe you shouldn't try to dissect him considering how tough he looks you know."

By this point the sarcasm that he kept hearing out of the Flash was getting a bit annoying, but he didn't actually say anything about it. Rather, for the time being he just stuck with what was going on conversation-wise for the time being.

While he didn't know much about what was going on, Death the Kid had immediately recognized Solomon Grundy for sure. Turning about to focus on that individual who was coming from the outside, he reached for the two girls that would have very quickly become firearms in his skillful hands.

"Awesome you two say, but it is most certainly not, please kindly transform so that I can shoot you Patty and Liz." Realizing that what he had said had sounded awkward, Death the Kid looked toward both of them in turn a second time. "I mean fire you off, not shoot the two of you."

With a bit of a shrug, Soul Eater turned back toward Maka, remaining as chilled as ever. He sighed a bit and exhaled for the time being as he thought about what it was that she was saying. "Sure, that stuff might be mythology to us, but perhaps it's all real where she came from." That would explain why she didn't exactly seem surprised by any of it.

Black*Star smirked toward himself once he had heard that Solomon Grundy was impossible to kill because he's already dead. "Hey Tsubaki, let's show him what he's talking about. We can kill anything, right?" With a cute little smile she had already consigned herself to transform, making sure to soon be in the ninja's hands.

Should Patty and Liz have taken Death the Kid's advice, then he would have grasped those two pistols and held them oh so perfectly symmetrically in the process. This was actually going to be fun, he thought.

For being an interaction with an entire parallel universe, it didn't exactly look like there was much different about this other world. After all, there were still zombies that had needed to be fought, and that alone would have made it somewhat like the area that they were from, he thought.

Looking up toward Maka Albarn, Soul Eater grinned a bit. He was ready to become a scythe as well, and maybe he would have even gotten an opportunity to eat one more soul once they went to slay this usual zombie individual from what had appeared to be a most unusual parallel world.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:01 am 

Patty and Liz became their weapon forms, and Maka gripped Soul's handle as he became a scythe. The meisters and their weapons leaped to street level where the gargantuan zombie was clumsily swinging his arms to fend off the attacks of Batman, Kilik, Ox and Kim. Now that the main meister/weapon teams were here, the odds look exponentially better.

"Where are the others?" Batman asked, only for Patty and Liz's voices to sound from Kid's pistols. "We're right here! The Scythe is Soul, and Tsubaki is with Black*Star!"

Batman glanced around a bit and smiled slightly, "Huh. Interesting..." He said softly.

Grundy rushed them, roaring. "Grundy kill you-URgh!" A large spear whooshed past them and embedded itself in Grundy's chest, Grundy's heart was still beating..on the point of the spear sticking out of his back.

"Solomon....Grundyyy..." Grundy groaned as he fell forward, and his heart slowly ceased beating.

The woman from the hologram was behind them, "We've got bigger problems than Grundy." Wonder Woman said.

"Such as?" Flash asked as he zoomed up to them.

"Don't know what you'd call it...Clark is trying to keep it away from this city...but he's actually having trouble." She said.

"Well..what is he fighting?" Flash asked.

A figure smashed down in front of the DWMA, a black haired man wearing a blue outfit and red cape and boots, he had a symbol of an 'S' on his chest.

A large muscular beast landed near him, it had bone-like protrusions covering its skin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:07 am 

Having taken Patty and Liz both, Death the Kid didn't waste much time in trying to gun down Solomon Grundy as he rushed outside. Of course, there was plenty of time for them to also converse with Batman. Holding conversations during fights was also something that had seemed perfectly normal to him that perhaps wouldn't have been when it came to the parallel dimension that Batman and the Flash had come from.

Meanwhile, of course Solomon Grundy wasn't only taking this brunt. Soul Eater had stuck with Maka, his face soon appearing in the reflective surface of the blade that he had become.

That beast, however, looked like much more impressive prey than the zombie had to Black*Star, who felt that he had a need to prove himself in front of this entire new audience. Looking around a bit, he started to grasp Tsubaki, who had now become his weapon.

While she had started to protest, she soon had figured that wasn't going to do much good for him. Black*Star was impossible when he had an idea stuck in his head, so she had ultimately elected to just smile to herself. It was, after all, kind of funny and he could be rather much of a problem when he got stuck on something, so she figured she might as well have tried to take the fame as well. Who knows, they might have been able to help Superman out in all of this.

She might certainly have hoped so, considering that he was already winding up an attack and she would have been the weapon that he had used to carry it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:49 am 

As Black*Star prepared to attack, the creature charged and slammed one of its bony-fists against Black*Star's face. "Soul Resonance!" Maka shouted with Soul, her scythe grew into it's Genie Hunter form and she charged the monster from behind.

The attack hit one of the shoulder-protrusions and bounced off. "Holy crap..what is this guy!?" Maka said as she was then grabbed by the throat and smashed into the ground.

She spat up blood as the beast raised it's fist to pound her, before there was a blast of red lasers and the monster sailed over her head.

"Holy-Did he just shoot lasers from his eyes!?" Patty squealed.

As the monster charged Superman, he shot his heat-vision once more...only to have the monster push through and punch him in the jaw. The side of Superman's face had been slashed open now.

They traded blows, Superman's knuckles starting to bleed from the beast's thick skin and protruding bone which seemed to be hard as diamond. Suddenly Superman was grabbed by the throat, and dragged through the ground, which tore up from the man of steel's body.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:03 pm 

While Black*star naturally was thrown back quite a-ways because of that strike, he continued to just get up and then stood so that he could try again. Tsubaki gritted her teeth inside of the reflection that had illustrated her face inside of the blade.

Once Maka shouted Soul Resonance, Soul Eater was right there with her so that she could indeed charge up that supreme attack and get ready to take out the monster from behind. While they didn't cooperate well at one point, Soul Eater had certainly learned to work with her much better at this point. Even though they were being pushed back, he was still right there with her the whole way.

Death the Kid soon spoke, once more, in response to the question that one of his weapons asked him. He certainly wished that Liz had asked him something as well, in order to assure the symmetry of the two weapons even when they were merely speaking

"I think he did, which means that we may be able to deflect his attacks through a mirrored substance. Remember that laser beams are made of light." He was speaking loud enough so that the others could hear them, in the hopes they could put together a plan. Superman was dying before them and they needed to do everything that they could to put a stop to this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:56 pm 

Kilik slammed his Pot of Thunder and Pot of Fire together and blasted the creature with assistance from Ox and Kim. It did virtually nothing but **** the thing off and cause it to charge them. "What the hell is this guy made of!?" Kilik shouted as it raised itself up to smash them. Batman caught the beasts arms with a cord and Wonder Woman caught it around the neck with her lasso. "Get out of there!" She shouted.

The beast was still moving forward, the cord from Batman snapped like thread and sent Batman flying, Wonder Woman was slung off along with her lasso soon after.

Tsubaki's voice said from within her weapon form: "Black*Star! We need to try something else! It may be risky, but I don't see any other option than using Madness Release."

Batman landed near Black*Star, somehow he managed to chuckle despite his situation as he glanced over at Black*Star. "Sometimes it sucks not having supernatural powers." He smirked, noticing Superman had started fighting the creature again...although his attacks lacked their previous and usual 'oomph'.

"He can't keep this up much longer...he's been fighting that thing since before we all joined in." Batman said.

Superman was grabbed by the throat by the monster, and it pounded its fist repeatedly into his gut before throwing him to the ground next to Maka. Maka had stood up with Soul in her hands as she glared at the creature.

"Soul...I hate to say it...but...I don't know what to do." Maka said to her weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 am 

As soon as Maka had said this, Soul gave her a disappointed look. "Maka, you were the coolest Meister ever, so don't ever say that. We have to at least distract him, and I'm ready to give anything if it means that we can." While a pep talk from Soul Eater was rare indeed, it was a rare day with unusual circumstances that had called for something that unusual.

Meanwhile, Black*Star swallowed a bit and then grinned. He had gotten up and regrouped as best as he could have while again nodding in response to the mention of Madness Release that Tsubaki had mentioned to him. "Yeah, well, are you ready for it?" It was a cocky way for him to say that he was pretty much always ready, but perhaps Tsubaki would have seen through his bravado and known that his admission of cockiness was a way for him to sort of say that he was alright.

Grimacing, Death the Kid continued to fire shots from his two weapons as best as he could have in the hopes that he might have at least had an opportunity to slow the creature down if nothing else. It looked like he might have, but it was hard to tell.

Regardless, there was one thing that was certain to him, and that was the fact that he wasn't going to give up. There was no chance of that at all. Irrespective of what happened, he was going to do everything that he could in order to ensure that he would have at least kept fighting.

It was a resolve that they all had seemed to share.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:08 am 

"Right, Soul...Thanks for the pep talk. It's just another new experience is all!" Maka smirked and readied herself to defend against the large monster.
Tsubaki nodded inside the blade, "Ready as ever!"
Should they go through with this, Black*Star's uniform would darken significantly, and his pupils become enlarged and star shaped..almost to the point of blocking out his irises.

Black*Star would make multiple slashes across the monster's body, damaging the bone protrusions by either cracking them or crumbling them completely..sending the creature crashing through a wall.

"You did it!" Maka shouted...a little too early for celebration though, as the monster was very well hurt but angered by the attack and slammed its fist down on Black*Star's head.

"Damn it..." Superman said, coughing and vomiting a puddle of blood. His costume had been torn open in various places, his red cape had been shredded as well, and he was covered in scrapes and slashes.
Diana and Barry were out cold, and the monster was pounding on Black*Star like there was no tomorrow. It then threw it's prey against a wall and turned to Kid with a roar, leaping upward and coming down and knocking Liz and Patty from his hands.

"KID GET OUT OF THERE!" Maka shouted.

Liz and Patty rushed over in their human forms to stand in front of Kid protectively.

That was when they all heard the little girl crying.
She was standing next to a woman with a cut on her head, laying there unconscious and pushing her with her little arms. She had tears running down her face as she kept saying: "Mommy, mommy wake up!" The monster's shadow overtook the girl and her mother on the ground, the girl looked up tearfully as the monster raised its fists to smash the little girl.

That was when the man beside Maka shot over, faster than any of them could make out...and wrapped his arms around the monster's midsection...and shot straight up into the air like a rocket.

They watched their forms trail up into the sky, break the clouds and go past the sun.

"He's taking it to space...." Maka said with quiet awe.

Indeed, Superman took the monster out of the planet's atmosphere...and began to fall back towards the planet with the creature. A flaming meteor broke the clouds, they were falling toward the ground faster and faster until they hit the area directly outside DWMA and created a large crater.

When the gang arrived, they would find the monster's eyes were no longer glowing red...they had gone dark. Superman was weakly crawling out of the crater, he had obviously expended his strength to save the girl he didn't even know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm 

From the way that Maka had said that, Soul Eater realized that receiving a pep talk like that was unusual for her. More often than not, she had to be the one to get him in line or teach him a lesson. He was a little bit proud that he had been able to build up her defensive instincts instead for this one time.

Naturally Black*Star soon saw his uniform darken in the process as his pupils took on their notable star-shaped appearance. When Tsubaki had said that she was ready, he had equally known that he was ready in the process as well.

Nevertheless, Maka's comments looked to be premature to say the least. Solomon Grundy, as his name apparently was, appeared to be waking up all over again. Soul Eater looked into the blade and ignored the fact that Maka was shouting for Death the Kid to leave. "Wait a moment, we can't just leave that one guy there to die!"

From the way he had said that, it sounded like Soul Eater would have actually wanted her to rush in to join in the fight in order to prevent Superman from taking any further damage. At this rate, he surely looked like he was going to die.

While he might have had strength and speed that was far above anyone from the Death academy, it still had finite limits to it.

Meanwhile, it seemed that Maka Albarn wasn't nearly as gung-ho as it had seemed that Soul Eater was. Struggling back to his feet as they had rushed over toward him, Death the Kid stood up and started to flee, though only because Maka had told him to, and Liz and Patty were there in this case.

It looked like, in spite of all his flaws, Death the Kid was willing to sacrifice everything to save his friends. Regardless, an entirely different sacrifice was taking place then it looked like none of them could have joined in. After all, not one of these individuals had the ability to travel into space.

Heroes as well as enemies, it might have seemed, from that other dimension truly had powers that were well beyond the comprehension of those who were at this school. It was quite impressive to say the least. Nevertheless, all of this had suggested that the enemies in question were all that more dangerous, and there were probably many others who were coming on their way. That was a chilling proposition if there ever were one.

Unlike Grundy, they might not have had the ability to comprehend what many of these others were either.

Popping back up in the polished face of the blade, Soul Eater swallowed deeply and showed fairly large eyes in the process. "Maka, do my eyes deceive me?" It hadn't sounded like the kind of thing that Soul Eater would have said. He didn't usually sound that, well, normal, but this had once more been an unusual situation. He wasn't sure if he had seen it quite right, but he had thought he just saw the individual who had this odd tendency to wear his underwear the wrong way kill Doomsday by coming out of orbit.

While Death the Kid wanted to cry at first, considering the symmetry of the attack, he ultimately just tried to pick himself up, gawking a bit. "Liz! Patty! What just happened? Is that fellow with the underwear still alive?" Certainly he had hoped Superman didn't die in the attack, because that would have been completely horrible! It seemed, though, that he didn't know why Superman dressed that way either.

In any case, though, the both of them were needless to say quite shocked at everything that had happened.

Black*Star stood up grinning, still seemingly stuck between the state he had transformed into and the one that he was trying to get back into, which was his previously regular state. "Yeah take that!" When he started to make a few mock punches, it probably ended up looking to Tsubaki like he was either a follower or was taking credit for plenty of the action that had just happened.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:57 pm 

Batman approached and helped Superman out of the crater by hoisting his arm over his shoulder. "I hate to do this to you, but you're gonna need to go back up there to that uh....sun with the face." Flash said, dusting his slightly torn costume off.

"What was that thing?" Wonder Woman asked Superman.

"I read about it in the Kryptonian records...it's some sort of bio-engineered killing machine whose sole purpose is to eradicate life wherever it finds it..it was used to clear planets of their local inhabitants for sale on the galactic market." Superman said weakly.

"Did it have any sort of name?" Barry asked, poking the creature's side with his foot, as if it would come back to life somehow.

"It was called Doomsday by those who encountered it before." Superman said.

"We better get you up to that creepy drooling sun." Flash said.

"I can go on my own, I'm fine...really." Superman said, weakly hovering into the sky towards the sun.

"Well...we'd better go find a place to stay...see you guys around!" Flash said before zipping off in a red and gold blur.

Batman nodded quietly to them and followed into the city, Diana was the last to leave and softly said: "You ever need any help with uh..anyone else from our world popping in to cause trouble...call us." Diana said as she followed behind Batman. "Sorry about the mess!" She chuckled.

Maka and Tsubaki sighed, "This has been a weird day." Maka said.

"Well...at least me made some new friends!" Tsubaki said.

"All students are to report to the assembly hall immediately!" Sid's voice came over the loudspeaker.

Once everyone in the school was seated in the auditorium, Lord Death wandered up to the front of the room. "As you all may have noticed by now...there are uhm...people from another dimension wandering around...some want to help us, others may or may not want to destroy us."

Lord Death said this so bluntly that most people in the room sweatdropped.

"Now now! I have done some research while your fellow students fought the creatures outside alongside our new friends! We will use this reflective surface to provide you with some information on your new friends..and enemies!" Lord Death said.

The video first showed an advanced alien civilization, they looked human..but were from a planet called Krypton. A woman was weeping as she held an infant, a man was prepping some sort of rocket ship.

"Lara, this is his only chance at life....we have found a planet called Earth..with a yellow sun. Krypton is doomed, we have to send our son where he can survive." Jor-El said softly.

They were shown the infant being launched in the space pod away from an exploding planet. They were shown him accomplishing many feats of strength, speed, and endurance. His skin was bulletproof and he was shown facing a cybernetic alien called Vril Dox aka Brainiac.

This Brainiac destroyed planets once he gathered data on them, "The rarer the knowledge, the more valuable it becomes." The green skinned man with diodes on his head said in an emotionless voice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:12 pm 

At first it had seemed like Death the Kid had wanted to go and help. Batman was approaching and he seemed to be able to help him out of the crater. Nevertheless, he was soon reminded of his own frailty. Maka Albarn had, after all, encouraged him not to rush forward before. As a result he had ended up just listen to what the explanation of Doomsday was.

Once they had mentioned Superman needed to get up there with the sun, the aforementioned object started to laugh again, apparently burning even more brightly a bit at this point. This would have suggested that not only did it have a face, but also it had apparently known precisely what was going on. Even though Death the Kid might not have been able to help out directly, it almost looked as though the sun might have been able to.

The fact that any of them had been able to move after all of that was surprising alone to those students who were assembled.

When Maka had said that it had been a weird day, Soul Eater started to transform. If she hadn't done anything to interrupt the process, he would have become a person again and looked right back toward her as well as Tsubaki. "It has been quite weird, but at least it's over." Tsubaki was apparently right, though, and they had met a bunch of people. It might have been best for Stein not to screw around with the things that he had, however.

Once Sid's voice came over the loudspeaker, it looked as though Black*Star was in line to be first before everyone else. Soul Eater followed along and tilted his head carefully, "What kind of research are you talking about?" He had quite more than enough of research, considering what it had gotten them previously.

Death the Kid frowned a bit as he filtered on in as well. "Frankly I hope that no one else has gone around messing with anything either." He soon made the frown deeper, in order to ensure that it was completely symmetrical. "A reflective surface that I hope isn't a whole 'nother portal!"

Once the footage played though it looked like everyone was really impressed by it, and they were certainly surprised how Superman had been able to handle Braniac that way. Now it had started to make sense with how Superman was able to hold together in spite of everything that had happened. Even Black*Star had looked impressed by this, which was certainly saying quite a bit considering that he was, after all, Black*Star.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:37 pm 

They were shown Bruce training with, just as Black*Star had predicted, ninjas.

On one of his first forays as 'Batman' he couldn't save a criminal going by the name of 'Red Hood' and he fell into a vat of chemical acid...Batman thought he was dead and left. The acid bubbled and in a drainage lake the man surfaced, pulling the hood off to reveal his skin and hair had been dyed.
The students heard a joyfully manic voice begin to speak as scenes of this clown terrorizing Gotham played on the screen.
"Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can’t face them, we deny reason itself! Although, why not? We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality! There is no sanity clause! Hehehehah!"

"So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.”
Maka was surprised at the parallels of what this guy was saying and the attitude of those who worshiped Kishin and Asura himself. Tsubaki and Liz and Patty were getting chills.
This madman used poison that caused his victims to literally laugh themselves to death and die with a frightening smile on their face and bulging eyes
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to madness...that's how far the world is from where I am...one. bad. day."

Last edited by TehZach1993 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 pm 

For a moment or two, Black*Star had looked back up toward Tsubaki with a bit of a smug grin. "See, I told you, there was no one else that could have given him those kinds of skills. You just don't learn that sort of thing anywhere." Well, technically, that had also meant that Tsubaki was sort of right as well. She had previously told him that ninja might very well have existed in that other dimension as well as the other that they were in.

However, what happened next was a little more serious. Soul Eater blinked for a moment, thinking that the world that Batman came from must have been full of insane people. Turning back toward Maka, he blinked again and cleared his throat. "Is everyone a lunatic over there or something like that?" Coming from him that was a really big statement. After all, one only needed to look at the place he was from to see some pretty out there folks.

Once again he ended up thinking what everyone else was. "Maka, it looks like he's like those who thought the Kishin was all great." Considering just how demure Soul Eater tended to be, getting this big of a response out of him was perhaps telling as it was.

Even Death the Kid had a pretty big look of shock playing out across his face. "Is the evil clown headed for the academy then? Is that what all this means?" Well, it looked like if that was what it had meant, that they had better be ready for him no matter what. Still, considering just how powerful Solomon Grundy had proved to be, he wasn't really sure what they could have done to prepare any further. It was already going to be tougher than anything he had faced before.

The fact that all of this was really happening drove home the feeling of urgency even more. Everything looked like it was going to be swift and dangerous.

Eventually that made Death the Kid look over toward Liz and Patty, who had apparently already shown off their own reactions. "We can take them on, I'm sure of it!"

After that he then paused to look the other way before he leaned back into his chair once more. He couldn't look one way without turning the other. Even in the most serious of circumstances he had to be able to do this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 pm 

They saw a multitude of different alien species belonging to some sort of intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps. In particular the one representing humanity and Earth named Hal Jordan. Kilowog training the 'rookies' on how to maintain their concentration and hard constructs that their rings could make. "Depending on your willpower and concentration? The ring can generate constructs of anything you can imagine." Tomar-Re explained.

"In brightest day, in blackest night.
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might.
Beware my power!
Green Lantern's light!"

Maka's eyes were sparkling with awe at the wonders of these heroes dimension.