All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Immortal Quest IC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:34 am 

Back from the dead

Blog: View Blog (6)

The city of Rin. A trading outpost on the eastern side of the Ethereal Mountains, the last one on the way through Saint's Pass to the human territory. The largest trading city in all of Athre. Although it is technically in Farel territory, the city is home to plenty Humans, Elves and occasionally a Hellian or Diligos. The city stretches for miles in each direction, hugging closely to the mountain base. Only the outer edges of the city is farmland which surrounds the residential areas, and at the center of the city lies the constantly bustling city streets lined with shops, taverns, inns, businesses of every shape and size, entertainment, and many other unique exchanges only found here in Rin. New caravan shipments arrive everyday just before dawn from both Saint's Pass and from the Riksaw rivers from all the nations.

The market place was as crowded as ever, many merchants calling out their cheapest deals and best prices. Peoples of all nations bustled about busily trying to get from one place to another. Customers spoke loudly trying to strike a compromise. "I'll buy them all for 500 spinnets!" An elderly human gestured to a case of assorted vials. "Five hundred spinnets! That's not even worth 300 deds!" The farel badger shopkeeper slammed his fist on the wooden bench. Much more excitement rumbled on down the street where the newest human vehicles were being showcased. The tower of steam was clearly visible from anywhere in the crowd.

Taller than most of the wide variety of creatures in the streets, a hooded figure made its way through the busy market. His piercing golden reptilian eyes scanned the crowd from behind the hood. He gently pushed his way through the crowd, snarling at the occasional passersby who would shove their elbow into his side. A partially filled sack hung over his arched back. An unusual, but on unseen scaled snout stuck out from under the hood, opaque dusty scales barely glimmered in the midday sun that peeked through the ragged cloth awnings of the street. Becoming very irritated with the crowd, the figure made an effort to move quicker in the direction of the towering mountains. His tail drew upward from under his cloak rising above some of the shorter people. He leaned forward and when a space was made momentarily vacant before him he lunged into a side alleyway with a much lesser concentration of people. He worked his way from one alley to another with fluid motions. He finally found himself on a much more vacant street. Carts towed by wild oxen occasionally traveled by. The figure crossed the street and approached a wall of an inn by the name of Hanna's Night Inn. He leaped towards the adobe brick surface and scampered up the wall three stories and onto a balcony. From there he tossed his pack into the curtain covered doorway and removed his hood in the shade of the balcony above him. He sat back on his haunches and leaned forward against the wooden railing looking out away from the mountains and across the lower city which faded eventually into light woods. It was still late afternoon and the air was warm and filled with the ambient city noise.

"Sir Gelden," A voice came from behind the curtain and a young squirrel boy emerged. "I was told to deliver this letter as soon as you returned. It arrived this morning. Gelden, the towering reptile took the letter in his talon tipped fingers and nodded to the small boy who promptly left.

Last edited by Xelandria on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Immortal Quest
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:19 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The city of Rin. If its for sale, you can probably find it here. Merchants from across the continent travel miles to sell their goods here. Mercenary guilds dot the city like a dalmatian's coat. If you're looking for someone a little shadier, there are plenty of pickpockets, con-men, and assassins willing to work for some coin, provided you know where to look. Yes, there is much to find here in Rin, but I'm here for something specific.

I've been hunting for months. Listening at every pub and tavern in this city. Watching people come and go. Waiting for at least one of them to slip up. It's been a year and a half since they took everything and finally it seems like I found my prey.

By the main market place, there's a tavern where they often lurk. The older ones are hard to find and even harder to catch. But lady luck has my side tonight. Two young men sit at a table outside, being served by an young female elf that obviously would rather serve just about anyone else. Both men were wearing iron studded leather armor, had worn looking iron swords attached to their belts, and seemed very drunk, even by merc standards. The insignia on their armbands were clear, a crow perched atop a skull. Their boastful words could be heard above the market clamor.

"Keep'em com'in ya elf, if ya know what's good fur ya."

"Yeah, " *hiccup* "we just got paid for dealin' with sum'a your kind. Add'n you to the pile wouldn't change much."

In a flash, I was between her and the men. My medallion had flipped to the black side. Before the men could comprehend what had just occured, I had drawn Shiro, my wakizashi, and held the blade against one of the men's neck.

"You two must not know that you're not supposed to talk to a lady like that."

"Who the hell ar-"

Before he could finish his question, my fist sung him a lullaby and he was out cold.

"I only need one to answer my questions."

Unfortunately the other man was already stumbling and pushing his way towards the market. For a man who should be close to knock-out drunk, he's surprisingly fast. I've come too far to let my prey escape now, time for the chase.

As I sheath Shiro, I pull a few spinnets from my pouch and toss them to the stunned, and some what terrified, waitress.

"Can't forget the tip."

And with that I was off.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Immortal Quest IC
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:45 pm 

Back from the dead

Blog: View Blog (6)

Gelden read the letter, folded it back up and held it in his hand while looking out from his balcony. After a few moments he looked back at the letter then crumpled it up and tossed it into the street. He sat silent on his balcony for a while, the shade of the balcony above his had slipped away enough to warm the scales on his arms. The reptile drew his hood back over his head and ducked inside the curtained doorway leading into his room. He gathered up a leather pack that lay open on the straw mattress. He tossed it over his shoulder and headed into the hall. He made his way down the stairs and to the front desk. "Thank you for your services, Lady Dufta. I'll be leaving town in two days."

"Your payment will cover until the end of the week, Sir." Replied middle aged human woman with her hair drawn up into a messy bun. Her face was wrinkled from stress making her look older than she might have been.

"I am aware. You may keep the extra, or save it for my next stay." Gelden bowed his head in respect and turned to leave.

"Thank you, Gelden, your contributions are appreciated. I shall be sure reserve your room when you leave." The woman smiled and bowed her head in return as the her customer left through the wooden door.

Gelden headed back down a series of twisting a turning alleys to the market place where he had been earlier. The crowd had become somewhat more sparse and there wasn't as much shoving needed now. Some of the booths started to close down because they were out of supplies for the day. Though others that weren't so dependent on imports, remained open. Gelden looked over the heads of the people around him and looked mostly ahead of him, but occasionally at the the booths. He moved leisurely, making his way slowly down the long main market street. After a while the heat mixed with the crowd of people was beginning to create a stench his sensitive nasal couldn't handle. The large reptile scoffed at the sweaty humans, the source of most of odor, but he also made sure to huff at the Farel that obviously didn't take advantage of the bath houses scattered around the city. Gelden hoped that he was finally nearing his destination.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 pm 

Georgian hadn't been in the city of Rin long, but already he had found a musician that was willing to allow him to dance to her music. She definitely a weasel Feral, but she appeared to have some Fox woven in. Her appealing looks and excellent lute playing skills partnered with his dancing it wasn't hard to convince her have him dance with her. The notes she played were quick with a steady beat that he could follow with, the perfect rhythm for dancing.

Left, right, step step roll. Flip, bound, spin, right right, left. His steps, though spontaneous, strung together nicely due to his experience. A crowd was steadily growing, making the Feral more and more excited with her playing. She never broke rhythm, but she did add flourishes and soul to the music. Georgian took the time to interact with the growing crowd. With a hop-step forward he flipped forward onto his hands, balancing on them for a second before bending slightly to the side. he cartwheeled once, twice, thrice in amongst their patrons. A few young children held their parents hands, pointing and bouncing in place. He landed on his feet then leaned into a young lady. He winked at her then tossed himself back. With a backwards roll he moved from crowd then pushed out his hands, catching the ground and pushing himself onto an upright barrel against the wall of a building. The merchant owner wasn't too fond of him using his supplies as a stage.

"Get off that!" the older man snapped. Georgian ignored him, listening to the music. The notes were signalling the songs end. When the merchant man moved towards him he fell sideways off the barrel and landed on his one hand. Turning it slightly he faced the Feral player just to flip onto his feet. Final move. He used the strength he had trained into his legs and leaped over the lutenist who was still sitting cross-legged on her wicker mat. With a midair spin he landed on the other side of her. Stand, beat, turn, beat, pose. The music ended with him balanced on one leg, one hand to his chest with the other held out to the musician.

The crowd clapped and cheered for the two. The Feral weasel removed her hat, holding it to the people, hoping for coin. A few tossed some pocket change, others were kind enough to offer a fair amount while the rest dispersed. Overall, the results were average - between him and the musician they'd each have enough to survive the day, hopefully.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:52 pm 

The chase. The exhilaration. It's been too long. They say one shouldn't play with their food, but this was the first hunt I've had in months so I'm going to enjoy it.

The medallion around my neck flips to the black metal side and starts to glow. The world distorts a bit as the distance between my target and I shortens. If there were less people, I'd be already on top of him. Oh well it'll be for fun this way.

Bobbing through the crowd, "jumping" when I can. I guess this guy was less drunk then I thought he was. I don't like this out in the open chase, it goes against my masters' training. Then again it's been a while since I was a model disciple... or the kind kid that they knew.

There is one thing about my training that I'll never be able to ignore. Even if you're fighting a deamon lord or a high dragon, be observant. Failure to heed this number one rule with cost everything even your life.

And that's the one rule my target did not learn. That idiot ran straight into a giant Farel. A dragon Farel at that. Even with the hood on, his grey scales shimmered from the torches and his yellow eyes seemed to pierce through my target like daggers. He didn't seem to be in a hurry but it did seem like he had somewhere to be.

Damn it. If he kills my pray then I'll lose my only lead on those monsters.

I hope he's not to annoyed...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:15 pm 

Georgian walked through the crowd of people, the coins in his purse now attached to his waist. What was he to do now? He could try to find another gig, but he was still fairly tired from the first one. Perhaps he'd relax until the night fell, then he could indulge in his, secret hobby. It paid far more than his dancing gig, and was also a test of his skills. His agility, his silence, his amazing grace. All of it was showcased in a display of silent beauty that none could witness. The more he thought about it, the more excited he grew.

Just then, someone dashed past him, barely missing. Was it a thief? He checked for his coin purse which was luckily still on his waist. He then felt another person rush past. Perhaps it was a pursuit, the thief having already stolen something. He decided it wouldn't hurt to explore, to examine the guard. He slipped among the people, slyly following the runners. With his bag behind him he was able to sneak past without bumping anyone enough to make them notice.