All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let us Explore! [IC]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:50 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Stormy waded out of the cool, secluded pond, water running down her curves in silver rivulets and leaving dark spots on the beautiful black sand. She grabbed her dragon hide coat from an overhanging branch and wrapped it around herself; she was pleased that it worked so well as both armor and a robe. As the water dripped from her hair, she padded across the emerald clearing to her small campsite, stoking the fire to keep the little pheasant she'd killed roasting, and ducked into her tent to get dressed.
Stepping back out in her full attire, Stormy layed back on the grass and enjoyed the beautiful day as her dinner cooked. Her morning had already been busy, what with that wagon full of mages actually trying to fight back and all. The poor fools must nit have heard of her yet! Well, now they knew that dragon hide deflected magik. And now she had some very powerful baubles to sell! But now she just wanted to relax; she spread her wings out wide on the plushy grass, letting the sun toast the remaining dampness from them, and gently drifted into a nap.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Let us Explore! [IC]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:22 pm 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)

Reagents: Blightthistle branch, raven feathers, direwolf tooth, silver rose petal. Walking through the woods, Maximillius "Cogs" Dynamium kept his eyes out for these rare things. His goggles were connected to the crystal hanging at his belt, and were constantly scanning for signs of the reagent's sources. He'd been walking for three hours, though, and nothing had popped up. He still had time, though. The teleportation runes he had brought needed recharging, and were far from done yet. He expected to be able to return to his workshop in roughly thirty minutes, but he had to be back in two hours. What would happen if he left his chemicals to work for too long, he didn't want to think about. His earplugs filtered out the mechanical whirring of his leg and back supports, and enhanced everything else. It wasn't until he had to dry his forehead with the sleeve of his robe, however, that Cogs admitted to himself that he needed a break. Tapping his crystal, which served both as a medium through which to channel magic and as the motherboard of his devices, he brought up a map of the area. There was supposed to be a secluded pond somewhere nearby. Good. A quick dip would do me good.

It took roughly five minutes to reach the pond and another two to find the entrance to the secluded crevice. His earplugs magnified the sound of rustling water nearby. Reaching the crevice, Cogs smiled to himself. Aaaah, private relaxation. He didn't even notice the woman lying there until his rucksack was disconnected from his supports and on the ground. Once he spotted her, he froze. Oh... ****. To make matters worse, a humming voice came from his crystal. "Potential threat detected. Wapon systems online." Cogs himself was so frozen in fear, he couldn't even talk to explain himself, let alone fire his weapons.

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:14 pm 

A twig snapped, jerking Stormy into consciousness. She was pretty **** from being woken from that lovely dream, but she continued to lie on the grass, feigning sleep. She heard the newcomer enter her small glen and cursed her luck. She knew from experience that secret little places like this drew adventurers like flies to honey, but it was so relaxing!
She finally sat up, just as his weapons came online, although she didnt know that.
"Who the hell are you?" She asked petulantly, disdain clear on her face as she stood and approached him. She cut an intimidating figure, decked in black dragon hide with her large wings half spread and a dangerous sway to her step.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:51 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Cogs, ever terrified of being around women (let alone communicating with them) stood frozen. His face turned a vivid shade of red. "I-I-I-I d-didn't mean t-t-to..." He took a few steps backward, voice failing him. He had never gotten the knack of women, and here one was - clad in a simple robe, which was clearly not her full attire. It was a testament to his familiarity with all things magic that the wings didn't faze him in the slightest. Then, something snapped in Cogs. The woman's approach was much too hostile. The look on her face even more so. The terror of being faced with a half-clad woman was quickly replaced with a clinical realization that he was faced with an actual threat. Grabbing his crystal with his left hand and his wand with his right, he finally found his composure. Without his rucksack, he was almost completely naked as far as supply for his weapons went, but he knew how to wield more than simple chemicals. Dragon hide - reflects magic and heat, high ballistic resistance and maneuverablitity. Best course of action: aerosol chemical attack or ice-based liquid arnaments. Expect high agility and an aptitude for fire. As if reading his mind, the crystal hummed to life. A magic current began to run through his robe, preparing to reflect magical fire. His gloves hissed, a number of valves opening. A warning was spoken into his headset. "Warning. Supply not connected. Maximum output: minimal."

Cogs feigned still being afraid. The woman was offputting, sure, but in an entirely different manner. The moment he tried to speak, however, his fear of socializing with women once more manifested itself. "I-I-I-I-I, aaaaaah..." He concluded it was best not to pack at all. His weapons systems would be good for a single attack, and his magic reserve may parry an attack or three, but he was incapable of effectively fighting without his power pack. He tried to take it on in a hurry, hoping his automated self-defense systems could respond if necessary, and wern't still completely bugged up.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 pm 

Stormy realized how frightened the newcomer was, and was stifling a few giggles at his stutters, when she noticed the crystal and wand. She certainly wasn't prepared for a fight, simply wearing her long coat; sure, she was still nowhere near helpless, but if he was adept at all... At any rate, she was not in the mood to fight. Instead, she lifted her hands and showed her palms at chest hight and stopped walking towards him as she noticed the valves in his gloves operating. SO, he wasn't adept, but augmented; well, at least he wasn't some piwerful warlock, probably just a lab rat from one of the eastern cities.
"Hey, no need for that" she said a little more calmly. Her voice had a melodic tone to it, not very high pitched but definetly one that would calm any beast. "You just startled me is all. What are you doung here?"
She noticed him scrambling for his pack, and from what she'd heard, that would be where all of his power came from. So, to avoid dealing with that, she let the top of her robe slip open a bit more, exposing a dangerous amount of cleavage.
"You wouldn't attack a half naked woman would you?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:20 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Cogs' crystal once more hummed a status report. Audible this time, it said "Threat level decreased. Weapon systems re-entering standby mode." It voice was feminine - seductive, even - and it shone a shade of pink when active. Cogs' backpack hissed as its internal flasks connected with his arnaments. With the safety of his weapons and the disarming statement by the woman, Cogs collected himself.
And again, his intense venustraphobia took presedence over his mild gynophobia.
"N-no, n-n-never, I-I, ah... I-I could leave if you p-prefer..." His face turned an even deeper shade of red. He took a few stumbling steps backward. With a nervous laugh, he tried to explain himself. "IsawthisplaceonamapandIjustfigureditmightbeagoodplacetotakearestIdidn'tmeantodisturbyouor... anything..." His gaze inevitably fell on the woman's semi-exposed breasts, and lingered just long enough to make his return to the woman's eyes agonizingly awkward. Just after his silence was beginning to get awkward, his crystal gave another report. "Surface dermal temperature and heart rate rising. Threat level increa -" "Override! Standby mode." "Override confirmed. Aborting autonomous action." After a few moments of dreadful silence, Cogs managed a few over-gestured words. "I, uh, this thing... About to attack you, didn't want that to happen, hehe..." He swallowed hard, heart pounding like a race horce's.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:25 pm 

Stormy grinned a little and shrugged, "I think I could have handled it. Well, uf you're hungry, i have a bird cooking on my fire." She offered kindly. SHe wandered over to the fire and held up a couple sets of tin tableware and gestured to have him sit. While she let him decide, she began cutting up and serving the pheasant on the little plates. The smell was mouthwatering, as she'd cooked it with several herbs and spices. She pulled a pot of coffee off of the flames as well as two tin cups.
"Cmon, it's fine." SHe urged "whats your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:50 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Not daring to be rude, Cogs hesitantly approached the campfire. Something was offputting about this woman. "Uh, my name is... Maximillius Dynamium. Though my peers call me Cogs." A moment of silence. What was he to say? "Uhm... What about you?" He sat down a little distance away from the fire, as if not to intrude.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:41 pm 

"Cogs huh? Sort if fitting. " she mused "I'm Stormy, nice to meet you!" She smiled and handed him a cup of coffee and a plate of food.
"So what are you doing out here, aren't you a little far from home?" She asked curiously. Her coat had slipped a little farther and was not leaving very much up to Cogs' imagination, but she didn't seem to nitice, too enthralled with his strange equipment and what he had to say. She was also enjoying her meal too much to really care what she looked like to this random stranger. But she was still careful nit to let him see how powerful she really was, and was playing off the 'attractive, innocent female' role rather well.
She hated admitting that this odd man actually had caught her intrest. It was obvious he was terrified, but hus first instinct had been to attack, which was a pretty ballsy move. He'd had no clue what she was capable of, but was still ready to attack; she probably would have been injured of course, being almost nude, but she was certain he would have died. At any rate, she had respect for his courage. Besides, she'd never seen an augmented mage before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Cogs, finally finding the courage to sit down and accept the food and drink, spent a little time testing and adjusting the food and drink's temperature with magic. Once he found the sweet spot, he began talking. And as if by a miracle, his stutter was gone. "I am looking for chemical reagents to assist in the destillation of a new weapon of mine. I'm a magiscientist from Chromagimar, and I specialize in spell-enhancing weaponry." He took a bite of the bird before continuing. "Most magiscientists and technomagi research how they can use magic to enhance existing types of technology. I am the only one to research the reverse, as far as I know. The thing I am researching now is a new fuel and lubricant for my leg brace and back supports, to further increase my agility." He smiled a little nervously. "So far, my technology can only enhance my spell effect by two hundred and sixty-four percent, but I'm confident it can get better."
Cogs delivered the line about 264% spell effect enhancement as if it was a minor achievment. That said, his innate talent for casting was slightly below average, but he'd still be more than formidable.

The Shards United!..?